Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

-TRAVELLING CIRCUS- Come one, come all to the GREATEST SHOW ON EARTH!

Go down 
+5
Artemis
Stormkatz
Spiritdragon
Nyx
Eliza
9 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Eliza
Eliza

Things that I am :
  • Gold Hoarder
  • Medium Poster
  • Really Too Kind
  • Thrall of Zay
  • Rebel of Rogue

Female Loveliness : 8

-TRAVELLING CIRCUS- Come one, come all to the GREATEST SHOW ON EARTH! Empty
PostSubject: -TRAVELLING CIRCUS- Come one, come all to the GREATEST SHOW ON EARTH!   -TRAVELLING CIRCUS- Come one, come all to the GREATEST SHOW ON EARTH! Icon_minitimeWed Nov 09, 2011 2:38 am

-TRAVELLING CIRCUS- Come one, come all to the GREATEST SHOW ON EARTH! 34o360y

Open
Limited
Taken

Openings:

Ringmaster
Acrobats [Employed: 1]
Animal Tamers
Magicians [1/3]
Multi-Person Acts [1/5]
Sideshow Acts [Currently Employed: 2]
"Game" Operators
Jesters [Currently Employed: 1]
Performers Of Any Kind [Current # Employed: 1]

List of Employees:

• Aaron (Dragon) - Nyx
  • Asrai (Dragon) - Spiritdragon
  • Fredrick (Spider-Humanoid) - Peer
  • Lore (Dragon) - Taj
  • Lusorio (Human) - Echo
  • Maskini (Werewolf) - Nyx
  • Rhynna (Dragon) - Artemis
  • Rhys (Human) -Stormkatz
  • Rimegon (Elf) - Spiritdragon
  • Russell (Half-Elf) - Aero
  • Silence (Human-ish) - Elizaflame13
  • Zhenya (Avian) - Artemis

Special note: It seems the position of Ringmaster is open again, and currently Silence is filling in temporarily. Anyone wishing this job simply post about it here. PS we also need interaction with other groups any ideas PLEASE post them here!

Last edited by ElizaFlame13 on Sun Mar 10, 2013 11:58 pm; edited 19 times in total
Back to top Go down
Nyx
Nyx

Things that I am :
  • ME Meercat
  • SR Salamander
  • "Nice Girl"
  • Gold Hoarder
  • Short Poster

Female Loveliness : 1

PostSubject: Re: -TRAVELLING CIRCUS- Come one, come all to the GREATEST SHOW ON EARTH!   -TRAVELLING CIRCUS- Come one, come all to the GREATEST SHOW ON EARTH! Icon_minitimeWed Nov 09, 2011 2:43 am

I think Maskini will be good for the ringmaster, and Aaron as one of the animals for the tamer.
Back to top Go down
http://noxnightstalker.deviantart.com
Spiritdragon
Spiritdragon

Things that I am :
  • ME Meercat
  • DDC Dingo
  • Dragon Hoarder
  • Gold Hoarder
  • Medium Poster
  • Chatbox Spammer
  • Really Too Kind

Female Loveliness : 2

PostSubject: Re: -TRAVELLING CIRCUS- Come one, come all to the GREATEST SHOW ON EARTH!   -TRAVELLING CIRCUS- Come one, come all to the GREATEST SHOW ON EARTH! Icon_minitimeWed Nov 09, 2011 2:52 am

After school tomorrow I am going to make an animal trainer named Asrai. If that's all right. ^_^
Back to top Go down
Eliza
Eliza

Things that I am :
  • Gold Hoarder
  • Medium Poster
  • Really Too Kind
  • Thrall of Zay
  • Rebel of Rogue

PostSubject: Re: -TRAVELLING CIRCUS- Come one, come all to the GREATEST SHOW ON EARTH!   -TRAVELLING CIRCUS- Come one, come all to the GREATEST SHOW ON EARTH! Icon_minitimeWed Nov 09, 2011 4:21 pm

I shall make the changes! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Spiritdragon
Spiritdragon

Things that I am :
  • ME Meercat
  • DDC Dingo
  • Dragon Hoarder
  • Gold Hoarder
  • Medium Poster
  • Chatbox Spammer
  • Really Too Kind

PostSubject: Re: -TRAVELLING CIRCUS- Come one, come all to the GREATEST SHOW ON EARTH!   -TRAVELLING CIRCUS- Come one, come all to the GREATEST SHOW ON EARTH! Icon_minitimeSat Nov 12, 2011 9:57 pm

Back to top Go down
Stormkatz
Stormkatz

Things that I am :
  • ME Meercat
  • DDC Dingo
  • "Nice Girl"
  • Troll
  • Medium Poster
  • Chatbox Spammer
  • Really Too Kind
  • Rebel of Rogue

Female Loveliness : 16

PostSubject: Re: -TRAVELLING CIRCUS- Come one, come all to the GREATEST SHOW ON EARTH!   -TRAVELLING CIRCUS- Come one, come all to the GREATEST SHOW ON EARTH! Icon_minitimeSun Dec 04, 2011 11:44 am

Can I sign Rhys up? He's a magician, but jst ith slight of hand tricks etc, no real magic.
Back to top Go down
Artemis
Artemis

Things that I am :
  • ME Meercat
  • SR Salamander
  • DDC Dingo
  • Alarmingly Excellent
  • Dragon Hoarder
  • Troll Fanatic
  • Medium Poster
  • Chatbox Spammer
  • Really Too Kind
  • Rebel of Rogue

Female Loveliness : 73

PostSubject: Re: -TRAVELLING CIRCUS- Come one, come all to the GREATEST SHOW ON EARTH!   -TRAVELLING CIRCUS- Come one, come all to the GREATEST SHOW ON EARTH! Icon_minitimeSun Dec 04, 2011 12:13 pm

I think Zhenya and Rhynna would be good to join this- aerial acrobatics and such, if that sounds good to you? Hopefully Rhynna wouldn't be too big for them, she's an antler dragon Smile
Back to top Go down
Eliza
Eliza

Things that I am :
  • Gold Hoarder
  • Medium Poster
  • Really Too Kind
  • Thrall of Zay
  • Rebel of Rogue

PostSubject: Re: -TRAVELLING CIRCUS- Come one, come all to the GREATEST SHOW ON EARTH!   -TRAVELLING CIRCUS- Come one, come all to the GREATEST SHOW ON EARTH! Icon_minitimeSun Dec 04, 2011 4:53 pm

Storm: Rhys: HIRED

Art: Acrobats: HIRED

[PAGE WILL NOW BE UPDATED]
Back to top Go down
Taj
Taj

Things that I am :
  • Alarmingly Excellent
  • Dragon Hoarder
  • Troll
  • Long Poster
  • Medium Poster

Female Loveliness : 12

PostSubject: Re: -TRAVELLING CIRCUS- Come one, come all to the GREATEST SHOW ON EARTH!   -TRAVELLING CIRCUS- Come one, come all to the GREATEST SHOW ON EARTH! Icon_minitimeWed Apr 25, 2012 2:44 am

Alrighty, Lore would make a great addition to help make the kids feel welcome as one of the side show. She is VERY playful and the kids energy would be good for her. : 3
Back to top Go down
Eliza
Eliza

Things that I am :
  • Gold Hoarder
  • Medium Poster
  • Really Too Kind
  • Thrall of Zay
  • Rebel of Rogue

PostSubject: Re: -TRAVELLING CIRCUS- Come one, come all to the GREATEST SHOW ON EARTH!   -TRAVELLING CIRCUS- Come one, come all to the GREATEST SHOW ON EARTH! Icon_minitimeSat Nov 10, 2012 9:23 pm

DISCUSSION TIME!

Okay! Since apparently setting a date and using skype are too unreliable for decent turn-out, the discussion will happen here!

Things to think about:

1. When what the circus formed?
  2. How do we incorporate this group into the plot?
  3. Flag design
  4. Who are the Founders? / What is the general hierarchy?
  5. Neutrality and Purpose in the coming war
  6. Planned circuit/Map

*Topics may be added or mentioned at any time!
Back to top Go down
Stormkatz
Stormkatz

Things that I am :
  • ME Meercat
  • DDC Dingo
  • "Nice Girl"
  • Troll
  • Medium Poster
  • Chatbox Spammer
  • Really Too Kind
  • Rebel of Rogue

PostSubject: Re: -TRAVELLING CIRCUS- Come one, come all to the GREATEST SHOW ON EARTH!   -TRAVELLING CIRCUS- Come one, come all to the GREATEST SHOW ON EARTH! Icon_minitimeSun Nov 11, 2012 5:24 pm

Just gonna stick my foot in and put a few ideas out there Wink

2) Piss off the other factions! Sell information and that, because the circus will be top on gossip Razz
4) *Generally tried to big Rhys up, he's lonely and wants some respect, since he's probably been there three years-ish (?)*
6) I'd quite like Jiluria to be on the route, because funtimes, but don't mind

Beyond that I have no idea. As always not being pushy and saying 'make all this happen nao', that's just my initial thoughts :3
Back to top Go down
Spiritdragon
Spiritdragon

Things that I am :
  • ME Meercat
  • DDC Dingo
  • Dragon Hoarder
  • Gold Hoarder
  • Medium Poster
  • Chatbox Spammer
  • Really Too Kind

PostSubject: Re: -TRAVELLING CIRCUS- Come one, come all to the GREATEST SHOW ON EARTH!   -TRAVELLING CIRCUS- Come one, come all to the GREATEST SHOW ON EARTH! Icon_minitimeSun Nov 11, 2012 11:34 pm

Okay so Spirit needs to feel like she's doing something productive so here she goes.

1. When was the circus formed?

Um... well I don't think we want to say it's a year old? Because I was thinking we could just go with the date you posted this thread since technically that was when the circus was formed. We don't want it too young if we're going to include it in the plot, especially if we go with what Katz said and say they're going to be dealing with information and all that. It should be coming from more of a reliable source right? So probably several months old if not more, because at the same time, everyone has to get used to running things and getting the shows going and all that.

2. How do we incorporate this group into the plot?

I like what Katz said! They could technically be emissaries or something like that, getting paid to go into other cities to perform and pick up information because hey, people are chatty! They could deal in information and entertainment. (Think about how much money they would make too! Getting paid to go to a certain city and getting money from tickets... goodness.) This could get them into trouble down the line of course, once people started to figure out what they were doing and were like hey... you're probably selling information you hear around here too, but that could be part of the fun!

3. Flag design

Unless you want it to be some terrible looking paint thing don't look at me to make it. >.< But as for design ideas I think it should include some of their biggest attractions on it.

4. Who are the Founders? / What is the general hierarchy?

Well the owner of the circus is of course the person who has the most control over it, followed by the ringmaster, then the performers, and lastly the people who work there. So basically whoever the founders are (assuming they're still around) would be the people at the top, then Maskini as the ringmaster, followed by everyone else. And the performers that have been around the longest are obviously of a higher rank than those who have just showed up. And everyone stands above the poor fellow(s) who has to clean up cages and dishes and things like that. As a side note, does Rimegon count as a performer since he's the animal tamer or is he a worker? Doesn't matter to me either way, I'm just curious.

5. Neutrality and Purpose in the coming war

I think this mostly falls under what I said for question two. They should be neutral emissaries I think.

6. Planned circuit/Map

I don't have any personal preference as to this, but if we're going to be getting paid to go to different cities then trying to plan out a route might not be the easiest thing. And we wouldn't want to attract attention by suddenly changing the route if we were forced to do so because someone was like oh here I know this isn't where you're going but I need you to spy on these people. So I think we just need to think about if we're going to just collect information in general and sell it in the cities we go to or if we're going to take contracts.

And that was longer and more detailed than I thought it was going to be.
Back to top Go down
Artemis
Artemis

Things that I am :
  • ME Meercat
  • SR Salamander
  • DDC Dingo
  • Alarmingly Excellent
  • Dragon Hoarder
  • Troll Fanatic
  • Medium Poster
  • Chatbox Spammer
  • Really Too Kind
  • Rebel of Rogue

PostSubject: Re: -TRAVELLING CIRCUS- Come one, come all to the GREATEST SHOW ON EARTH!   -TRAVELLING CIRCUS- Come one, come all to the GREATEST SHOW ON EARTH! Icon_minitimeTue Nov 13, 2012 8:57 pm

1. Well, we've agreed it needs to be a few years old for various reasons, but equally I don't think it's too old so.... something like 5, 6 years?

2. However we feel they'd fit. I would imagine... yeah, selling information and stuff. Seeing as they'll be touring all over the place, they might end up getting hired for other things too- maybe smuggling people into/out of places. It'll be hard to say until they're there, what we'd have to do is have a board to introduce them... maybe where a group of them went into a town/city to see if it would still be possible to put on shows with all the stuff going on. Something like that.

3. Something colourful, relatively simple design but not anything which looks like the standard of a country.

4. I would imagine... yeah, pretty much what Spirit said, though of course the founders might perform or whatever as well. Incidentally I would say Rimegon would be a performer... he'd be the one doing most of the work with really dangerous animals, though he'd train pretty horses or whatever for other people to work with too. Of course, you'd also need people who sort of choreographed... The founders could decide the order of performers etc if that was all there was, but you need people to sort/plan out each act.

6. Probably they would go by most of the major towns and cities on DC; they need quite a long route, people won't want to go to the circus more than once a year or so and I'd imagine they'd need to make quite a few stops to turn a profit.
Back to top Go down
Jula
Jula

Things that I am :
  • "Nice Guy"
  • "Nice Girl"
  • Complete Newbie
  • Medium Poster
  • Short Poster
  • Chatbox Spammer
  • Really Too Kind

Female Loveliness : 0

PostSubject: Re: -TRAVELLING CIRCUS- Come one, come all to the GREATEST SHOW ON EARTH!   -TRAVELLING CIRCUS- Come one, come all to the GREATEST SHOW ON EARTH! Icon_minitimeWed Nov 14, 2012 3:56 am

In order to start being used as information-sellers and even smugglers, we need to start getting a reputation and having people talk about us positively. So, what kind of specific things have we done in the past that we can just squeeze into character's backgrounds without anything being plot-changing? How have we interacted with important people? Who "hired" us at what point, and for what cause?

Neutral might be good to start, but if we start bartering for information, we may not be neutral for long.

Other things to think about are: What kind of information to people need? What resources to people need? How much are we charging for smuggling resources? Why do resources have to be smuggled? Why are we more beneficial than, say, private spies or mercinaries? Sure, I know we're a circus and we can travel undisclosed, so we can't advertise for our "other" services, so then, how do other people know about what else we can do?

Bottom line: Why would the people go to the circus for this over other sneaky individuals? We have to have a big advantage, as far as business competition.

If we start thinking about characters who might have used us in the past, and for what, we can start thinking about what kind of things we're going to be using in the future.

And, for these "other services", like information and smuggling, which person is in charge of "those" services?
Back to top Go down
Stormkatz
Stormkatz

Things that I am :
  • ME Meercat
  • DDC Dingo
  • "Nice Girl"
  • Troll
  • Medium Poster
  • Chatbox Spammer
  • Really Too Kind
  • Rebel of Rogue

PostSubject: Re: -TRAVELLING CIRCUS- Come one, come all to the GREATEST SHOW ON EARTH!   -TRAVELLING CIRCUS- Come one, come all to the GREATEST SHOW ON EARTH! Icon_minitimeWed Nov 14, 2012 10:49 pm

I believe Rhys might be able to help with smuggling smaller items - he used to be a message carrier, and knows a few sneaky ways to get objects through security checks. But I agree, the fine details need a lot of work.

Advantages... well the circus will have at least the front of a formal business of sorts, making it less suspicious to those who don;t know whatever's going on under the surface. So for smaller things maybe they would be overlooked, but smuggling people or more important things, they would be much more discrete (just musing now).

Past customers... none of mine will be much help, but if we ask around there must be characters on the forum who have needed something not exactly over the counter before, so it would be fairly easy to slide in.
Back to top Go down
Jula
Jula

Things that I am :
  • "Nice Guy"
  • "Nice Girl"
  • Complete Newbie
  • Medium Poster
  • Short Poster
  • Chatbox Spammer
  • Really Too Kind

PostSubject: Re: -TRAVELLING CIRCUS- Come one, come all to the GREATEST SHOW ON EARTH!   -TRAVELLING CIRCUS- Come one, come all to the GREATEST SHOW ON EARTH! Icon_minitimeThu Nov 15, 2012 8:40 pm

Quote :
But I agree, the fine details need a lot of work.

So let's work on 'em. Smile

We also have to think about this: What kind of things are we smuggling? What things are NOT legal to transport across borders, or to buy? Are we talking arms? Exotic animals? Dragons? Can we smuggle dragons?! :O Magical Items?

I know Zold definitely would be buyin' up a lot of magical items, but are magical items particularly illegal to buy? Because if they're not illegal, we could go through legitimate means.

I know for SURE he'd be buying body parts, but I doubt the circus would want to stoop THAT low into the Black Market. Unless we do have those colorful characters in here somewhere.

So what items are WORTH smuggling?

What items are needed in the plot? I'm not talking about vague items, but specific things. What *specific* things are *specific* people looking for?

What information NEEDS to be transported discretely? Who NEEDS the information that we have? For that record, what information DO we have?

Are we also perhaps doubling as a defense to those who need? Or are we not that Altruistic? What IS our stance on Altruism?
Back to top Go down
Artemis
Artemis

Things that I am :
  • ME Meercat
  • SR Salamander
  • DDC Dingo
  • Alarmingly Excellent
  • Dragon Hoarder
  • Troll Fanatic
  • Medium Poster
  • Chatbox Spammer
  • Really Too Kind
  • Rebel of Rogue

PostSubject: Re: -TRAVELLING CIRCUS- Come one, come all to the GREATEST SHOW ON EARTH!   -TRAVELLING CIRCUS- Come one, come all to the GREATEST SHOW ON EARTH! Icon_minitimeFri Nov 16, 2012 5:43 pm

Information is a difficult one as it does depend entirely on the circus overhearing things. For the DDC, they could smuggle people out of SR-occupied cities/towns, evacuating children etc.
For SR, it's harder to see how they could help. After all, they have plenty of professional spies. One thought I did have is that the circus would be good guides for the SR to move around the island quickly, seeing as the circus spend most of their time moving a large group all over the place, but the SR do have scouts so... still debatable if the circus would be needed I guess.
Back to top Go down
Jula
Jula

Things that I am :
  • "Nice Guy"
  • "Nice Girl"
  • Complete Newbie
  • Medium Poster
  • Short Poster
  • Chatbox Spammer
  • Really Too Kind

PostSubject: Re: -TRAVELLING CIRCUS- Come one, come all to the GREATEST SHOW ON EARTH!   -TRAVELLING CIRCUS- Come one, come all to the GREATEST SHOW ON EARTH! Icon_minitimeSat Nov 17, 2012 6:42 am

The trouble is, are there any real PCs that need these services though? It's all well and good if it's just what we do - but if there aren't PCs with these kinds of needs, then we're still dead in the water without having a way to get involved.
Back to top Go down
Spiritdragon
Spiritdragon

Things that I am :
  • ME Meercat
  • DDC Dingo
  • Dragon Hoarder
  • Gold Hoarder
  • Medium Poster
  • Chatbox Spammer
  • Really Too Kind

PostSubject: Re: -TRAVELLING CIRCUS- Come one, come all to the GREATEST SHOW ON EARTH!   -TRAVELLING CIRCUS- Come one, come all to the GREATEST SHOW ON EARTH! Icon_minitimeSun Nov 18, 2012 6:26 pm

Well I must say that a circus would be perfect for hiding in plain sight when it came to people. They could easily be made to blend in with the performers or something like that. And other objects could also be easily dealt with. Wouldn't... well wouldn't they have to talk to the officials of whatever city they were going to before they just showed up there? At that point someone could be like "oh hey and if you need anything sneaky done..." I'm sure there's ways to make it work.
Back to top Go down
Jula
Jula

Things that I am :
  • "Nice Guy"
  • "Nice Girl"
  • Complete Newbie
  • Medium Poster
  • Short Poster
  • Chatbox Spammer
  • Really Too Kind

PostSubject: Re: -TRAVELLING CIRCUS- Come one, come all to the GREATEST SHOW ON EARTH!   -TRAVELLING CIRCUS- Come one, come all to the GREATEST SHOW ON EARTH! Icon_minitimeMon Nov 19, 2012 5:55 am

That's not a bad idea. Smile

When do plot boards cycle out and in?
Back to top Go down
Eliza
Eliza

Things that I am :
  • Gold Hoarder
  • Medium Poster
  • Really Too Kind
  • Thrall of Zay
  • Rebel of Rogue

PostSubject: Re: -TRAVELLING CIRCUS- Come one, come all to the GREATEST SHOW ON EARTH!   -TRAVELLING CIRCUS- Come one, come all to the GREATEST SHOW ON EARTH! Icon_minitimeMon Nov 19, 2012 6:50 pm

Boards cycle out when most (if not all) of the current ones are completed/archived. Then it takes time to organize new ones and get sign-ups, so the whole thing can take a bit of time.
Back to top Go down
Eldarwen
Admin
Eldarwen

Things that I am :
  • Alarmingly Excellent
  • Minion of Monty
  • Thrall of Zay

Female Loveliness : 68

PostSubject: Re: -TRAVELLING CIRCUS- Come one, come all to the GREATEST SHOW ON EARTH!   -TRAVELLING CIRCUS- Come one, come all to the GREATEST SHOW ON EARTH! Icon_minitimeFri Mar 08, 2013 2:46 pm

Just to get the whole circus idea rolling again.

Seeing that the plot system is currently undergoing a bit of an overhaul, I'll just notify you hereby that you can make suggestions for possible plot boards in the thread for the plot boards, including setting/idea etc. It will subsequently be set up for you once we're done with this round of boards (which should be soon enough) and then there will be free reign for you, if you so wish. That should leave you with enough time to come up with a suitable idea on how to mix things up a little.

If you want the circus involved, throw it in there! ^-^
Back to top Go down
Stormkatz
Stormkatz

Things that I am :
  • ME Meercat
  • DDC Dingo
  • "Nice Girl"
  • Troll
  • Medium Poster
  • Chatbox Spammer
  • Really Too Kind
  • Rebel of Rogue

PostSubject: Re: -TRAVELLING CIRCUS- Come one, come all to the GREATEST SHOW ON EARTH!   -TRAVELLING CIRCUS- Come one, come all to the GREATEST SHOW ON EARTH! Icon_minitimeSun Mar 10, 2013 9:42 pm

I haz banner for us, if you want it ^^
-TRAVELLING CIRCUS- Come one, come all to the GREATEST SHOW ON EARTH! 34o360y (URL = https://2img.net/h/oi45.tinypic.com/34o360y.png )
Back to top Go down
Eliza
Eliza

Things that I am :
  • Gold Hoarder
  • Medium Poster
  • Really Too Kind
  • Thrall of Zay
  • Rebel of Rogue

PostSubject: Re: -TRAVELLING CIRCUS- Come one, come all to the GREATEST SHOW ON EARTH!   -TRAVELLING CIRCUS- Come one, come all to the GREATEST SHOW ON EARTH! Icon_minitimeSun Mar 10, 2013 11:36 pm

This is just a proposed route, I have this saved with layers so it can be edited at any time and travel information will be added underneath the map as well.

Update: I'll see what I can do since I don't know why it was removed, but I have the route.

Last edited by ElizaFlame13 on Sat Jul 06, 2013 9:04 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Artemis
Artemis

Things that I am :
  • ME Meercat
  • SR Salamander
  • DDC Dingo
  • Alarmingly Excellent
  • Dragon Hoarder
  • Troll Fanatic
  • Medium Poster
  • Chatbox Spammer
  • Really Too Kind
  • Rebel of Rogue

PostSubject: Re: -TRAVELLING CIRCUS- Come one, come all to the GREATEST SHOW ON EARTH!   -TRAVELLING CIRCUS- Come one, come all to the GREATEST SHOW ON EARTH! Icon_minitimeMon Mar 11, 2013 5:16 pm

It's not working for me :/
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: -TRAVELLING CIRCUS- Come one, come all to the GREATEST SHOW ON EARTH!   -TRAVELLING CIRCUS- Come one, come all to the GREATEST SHOW ON EARTH! Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

-TRAVELLING CIRCUS- Come one, come all to the GREATEST SHOW ON EARTH!
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next