Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Tegan and Taj- An awkward romance

Go down 
2 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8
AuthorMessage
Tegan
Experienced Roleplayer
Tegan

Things that I am :
  • ME Meercat
  • SR Salamander
  • DDC Dingo

Female Loveliness : 8
Location : In the meadow with the Cherry Blossom and the Willow Tree. ^^

Tegan and Taj- An awkward romance - Page 8 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tegan and Taj- An awkward romance   Tegan and Taj- An awkward romance - Page 8 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 02, 2012 5:32 am

Akar's lips drew back into a half snarl when the man slapped Rasera. He pushed himself up right more and his were cold as he looked back at the man. It was a burning hatred he felt for this man, by he kept a clear mind. He had a decision to make. How much would he be able to actually tell the man. The truth? Some of it? Could he really say all of it? No. That wasn't a choice. The whole truth would be betrayal. So he'd use another reason they called him Mask. He was really at keeping facial composure, and right now, he needed to look defeated. That wasn't so hard. One look at Rasera's eyes and hoessness welled inside of him. His features went to that of giving in.

"Ok," he said smally. He didn't want to let his eyes stray from Rasera's, though he was unsure of he should look at Jenrei. He guessed not as it might show defiance, so instead he avoided the Man's eyes and spoke in a rusty dead tone. "They're lead by an avian named Talos and the Prince Atleon. The avian is only a farmer from Turich," he started. Akar went on about how the people's hopes were broken. The elites never showed, and still haven't, chaos was ensuing as they traveled, not stopping to rest anywhere and heading towards Guardian Peak in hopes of finding a Guardian Dragon, and most importantly, there was no healer and everyone was suffering from injuries. To his knowledge, all of this was true, except he never said they were at Everbridge. "I swear that is everything I know," he said gruffly.
Back to top Go down
Taj
Taj

Things that I am :
  • Alarmingly Excellent
  • Dragon Hoarder
  • Troll
  • Long Poster
  • Medium Poster

Female Loveliness : 12

PostSubject: Re: Tegan and Taj- An awkward romance   Tegan and Taj- An awkward romance - Page 8 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 02, 2012 6:06 am

Jenrei held Rasera at his side, listening to Mask, far more pleased to see the helplessness in his eyes. When he was finished, Jenrei stood there weighing the truth of his words for a moment. "I don't believe you are telling me the entire truth but for now I'll leave it be at that." Jenrei threw Rasera against the post, knocking the breath from her lungs. Instead of putting them back to back as they were before he put a chain on her ankle and then locked it to the post. "You'll both eventually have these anyway." He didn't feel liking bothering to untie Akar, and then reshackle him at this time. He instead went to his son, who was now sitting on his knees and pulled him up roughly. "What do you think your doing, back to your post." He growled, walking back into his confines.

Rasera felt the sting on her cheek were she was slapped, and tasted a metallic taste in her mouth from the blood and her wrists burned from the ropes that had held her down, but her eyes held true concern for Akar. Now that she had some moving room, she went to Akar and wrapped her arms around him even though his own hands were still bound. "Akar, I'm sorry. I'm so sorry." She wanted to weep for them, for her helplessness and her apology was all she could give him. She tested the strength of the iron on her leg. There was no budge. She thought for a moment to release Akar from his bindings but as soon as she was planning to make the move two men came to guard them, standing on either side of them. She knew if she made any moves that she would be killed.
Back to top Go down
Tegan
Experienced Roleplayer
Tegan

Things that I am :
  • ME Meercat
  • SR Salamander
  • DDC Dingo

PostSubject: Re: Tegan and Taj- An awkward romance   Tegan and Taj- An awkward romance - Page 8 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 03, 2012 4:46 am

Akar tensed when the man threw Rasera back to the ground. What he wouldn't have given to beat the shit out of the man right then and there. Instead he watched as the man put a chain tI the pole. At least she'd be more comfortable tonight. Still, he felt guilt for getting her into this. Maybe it would have been better if he hadn't gone out looking for her. He watched the man leave, his eyes trailing every movement he made, studying as much as he could. So far he knew two enemies, but he still had a camp full of others to learn about. This would end up being harder than he thought. It was only once the man disappeared into the tent that Akar's attention returned to Rasera.

She had moved over towards her, the chain offering more freedom. She hugged him tightly and he pressed his head against her in a return hug. He couldn't really do much other than that. "Shh," he said softly to her. His voice dripped with the affection he felt for her. "There's no need to be sorry," he said soothingly. "This isn't your fault." He offered a smile down at her. "Let me see your face?" he asked, a hint of anger lacing his words. He needed to make sure she was ok before he did anything else. "For the time being he was going to ignore the guards, so long as the two of them were ignored as well.
Back to top Go down
Taj
Taj

Things that I am :
  • Alarmingly Excellent
  • Dragon Hoarder
  • Troll
  • Long Poster
  • Medium Poster

PostSubject: Re: Tegan and Taj- An awkward romance   Tegan and Taj- An awkward romance - Page 8 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 03, 2012 5:14 am

Even with Akars comforting words melting her heart, Rasera still felt it breaking. She was what made him weak, what had him getting soft spots in his defenses and this was only proof of it. She didn't voice her thoughts however, and she looked up when he had asked it of her. There was a thin line of blood coming from her mouth, and a dark bruise forming on her left cheek from where the impact had been. Luckily it had been below the eye so it was swelling shut like many facial injuries tended to do.

"I'm alright..." She whispered, looking back at the men eyeing them but doing little to stop them from being together. "I wonder why I was allowed to be put on a chain...?" She asked, looking down at the metal bracelet around her ankle. It gave her a lot more freedom to move and her hands were also free to do as they pleased. If only she could get the two of them alone she would set Akar free so he could leave this place.
Back to top Go down
Tegan
Experienced Roleplayer
Tegan

Things that I am :
  • ME Meercat
  • SR Salamander
  • DDC Dingo

PostSubject: Re: Tegan and Taj- An awkward romance   Tegan and Taj- An awkward romance - Page 8 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 03, 2012 10:49 pm

Akar bit back a hiss when he looked at her face. Even if she could have been worse in the situation, he still hated to see her hurt. For now though, he supposed they both should be so lucky that neither of them were worse off than they were. Still, Akar, or maybe this was Mask's intent, made plans to cut this Jenrei's hands off later. That was a promise. Till then he'd put up with anything, and everything, to keep her at least a little safe. Her whisper broke him from his thoughts and he sighed. "You look it," he said sarcastically. He leaned towards her and kissed her softly where the bruise was. Barely touching her skin, not wanting to hurt her. He leaned back against the pole and looked up at the sky for a moment. It was so much more peaceful above the world. The idea made him question dragons, but of course, he soon shook the thoughts away.

Akar shrugged at her question to the chain. "I wouldn't question them," he said softly. Keeping his voice low enough where the guards couldn't hear, and speaking without moving his lips very much. He didn't want to get caught in speaking. "Now then," he said quietly, though not trying to hide it. "Get some sleep?" he asked her softly. If his hands were free he could have patted his lap so she could either lay down on the ground and put her head on him, or she could climb on his lap and curl up against his chest. "Please?" he added with a smile. Though, not much of one, given the current situation. They'd both have a long walk in the morning. Not to mention every day was going to get harder so long as they couldn't have food. Fighting to walk was going to be a job in and of itself.
Back to top Go down
Taj
Taj

Things that I am :
  • Alarmingly Excellent
  • Dragon Hoarder
  • Troll
  • Long Poster
  • Medium Poster

PostSubject: Re: Tegan and Taj- An awkward romance   Tegan and Taj- An awkward romance - Page 8 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 04, 2012 3:43 am

Rasera moved slightly closer to Akar, moving so he would not be made more uncomfortable by her being on him. "I love you, Akar..." She whispered, closing her eyes and getting herself comfortable for the night. She fell asleep listening to his heart beat and drifted off into light slumber.

As the first light of morning came upon them, Rasera was literally ripped from Akar and throw to the side. She let out a small scream of fear more so than pain as she landed away from Akar the chain on her leg keeping her from going too far. Jenrei cut Akar's Rope, making sure that there was a man on each side of him before putting the chains around his hands and one of his ankles. He pulled hard on the chains to make him walk to the same horse he was partnered with the day before.

He then grabbed Rasera and put chains on her hands, bringing her over to his horse and chaining her as well. "Play nice now kids." He grinned to Akar mostly, kicking his horse to move.

The day had been much harder this time, the heat beating down on their hungry and thirsty bodies and muscles ached from the long walk. By the time they set up camp Rasera offered no resistance to being chained to the pole. At least this time both of them were chained so they both can be more comfortable. She lay on the ground, breathing heavily as she looked to Akar. "Are you alright?"

Before she could get much out, Jenrei walked over to them, pulling Akar up and punching him hard in the face. "Now, do you plan on giving me any more useful information today?" He growled.
Back to top Go down
Tegan
Experienced Roleplayer
Tegan

Things that I am :
  • ME Meercat
  • SR Salamander
  • DDC Dingo

PostSubject: Re: Tegan and Taj- An awkward romance   Tegan and Taj- An awkward romance - Page 8 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 04, 2012 8:32 pm

"I love you too," Akar whispered back to her warmly. He waited till he was sure she was asleep before he laid his head back against the pull and closed his eyes to sleep. Of course, when the light came for the next day, he felt like he hadn't sleep at all. He opened his eyes when he heard men coming, and growled to himself when they threw Rasera off of him. He couldn't do anything though, and didn't fight them when they chained him. He was trying to save his energy as best he could. What other choice did he have? When the man pulled on the chains, that was when he walked, staggering forwards slightly form the force. This was going to be another long day. How close were they to Racksom?

It seemed like it took forever for the sun to finally start to set. It had been hot and long. Akar was hungrier and his mouth longed for the cool taste of water. His tongue felt heavy in his mouth, and even Sorrahkin, though supplied water, didn't try to buck or rear when someone went down. Her neck was sore, and all she did was keep moving, though watch them with sad eyes when they did. Akar at least felt better knowing they weren't trying to kill Vespira's horse. Him and Rasera however, they were another story. He wondered how long they would go before they gave them food or water. Or how long before they were at Racksom at least. Hopefully before they didn't have the energy to try and survive.

Akar laid on the ground, on his back, when they finally set up camp. He had his eyes closed and he felt like he didn't even have the energy to get up. He opened his eyes when two things happened. One, someone was coming towards them, and two, Rasera had spoken. Flicking his eyes over towards the noise of the coming visitor, Akar sighed. "Maybe," he said quietly to her as he forced himself to sit up and wait to see what was coming. Of course, he didn't have to wait long because Jenrei pulled him to his feet and proceeded to punch him in the face. Something Akar had seen coming, enough to turn his head slightly so he didn't break anything. However, he landed back on the ground and he once again had to force himself to sit up and rub his face. He spit blood to the ground and glared at Jenrei. "I don't know anything else," he spat.
Back to top Go down
Taj
Taj

Things that I am :
  • Alarmingly Excellent
  • Dragon Hoarder
  • Troll
  • Long Poster
  • Medium Poster

PostSubject: Re: Tegan and Taj- An awkward romance   Tegan and Taj- An awkward romance - Page 8 Icon_minitimeSun Feb 05, 2012 3:38 am

"Akar!" Rasera said weakly when she saw him pulled to his feet and then punched back down. She went over to his side, placing a hand on his chest and placing herself slightly in front of him. She was scared for them, it had been hard enough walking without food let along if they had to do it again with Akar hurt. "Please, he told you all he knew!" She tried to defend him.

Jenrei growled in anger. "Highly doubtful. There are weaknesses you aren't telling me." He grabbed Akar by the hair, ignoring Rasera and pulling him close to his face. His breath came in short, aggravated growls and would have been hot on Akar's face. "Tell me, Where are they?" He said punching him hard in the face again.

"Please! Please stop! He doesn't know! He left them in the middle of their leave from Racksom to find me!" Rasera cried in a half lie, only feeding Jenrei's energy. He liked this ones reaction. He leaned down, cupping her face and grinned. "Is that so, flower?" He held her face leaning in to lick the tears from her face. "What a wounderful taste of sorrow." He whispered into her ear, making her shudder. "Do let me know if you have anything else to tell me." Jenrei said, roughly pushing Rasera away and then getting up and moving back to his own tent.
Back to top Go down
Tegan
Experienced Roleplayer
Tegan

Things that I am :
  • ME Meercat
  • SR Salamander
  • DDC Dingo

PostSubject: Re: Tegan and Taj- An awkward romance   Tegan and Taj- An awkward romance - Page 8 Icon_minitimeSun Feb 05, 2012 5:01 am

Akar looked over at her for a moment and then turned cold eyes back to Jenrei. He knew that anything she said wasn't going to help at all. Nothing he said would either. The man would still always believe he was hiding something. Not to mention, he little act of trying to protect him wasn't going to give any good results either. He wondered if it would make it worse, or if maybe, with a small bit of hope, it would actually be beneficial to the situation. He could always dream couldn't he. But honestly, being beat up didn't bother Akar, he was used to it. His past was proof of that.

Jenrei pulled him back to his feet and got his face in his. Akar was really half tempted to spit into his face, but instead he took his breath on his face with only curling his lip in disguist. He expected the hit again and once more turned his head just slightly. Like he hell he was going to let this man have the satisfaction of breaking his nose or something. Of course, he turned his head the same way, by accident, and because it would take too long to do it the other way. He hit he ground again and didn't get up this time. He shut his eyes, knowing he probably had a black eye by now. He also knew he should force himself back to a sitting position, but instead he held still.

He turned his head to look over at Rasera as she begged for Jenrei to stop. Akar would have jumped on the man if he'd had the strength or energy. Jumped on and beat the crap out of him for what he just did. Anger surged through him, but his body refused to moved or listen to what he wanted. He felt like he did after teleporting two people, only with enough energy to remain conscious. At which point, when he turned back around he wanted to trip him, but he reframed from doing so and instead pushed himself up on his hands and spat blood onto the ground. He kept his eyes shut for now, though he could feel blood running down his face, and the metallic taste was fresh in his mouth.
Back to top Go down
Taj
Taj

Things that I am :
  • Alarmingly Excellent
  • Dragon Hoarder
  • Troll
  • Long Poster
  • Medium Poster

PostSubject: Re: Tegan and Taj- An awkward romance   Tegan and Taj- An awkward romance - Page 8 Icon_minitimeSun Feb 05, 2012 5:22 am

When Jenrei finally left the two, Rasera moved over to Akar, gently wiping the blood from his face to avoid hurting him further. "Akar..." She had no words, nothing to say to make him feel better. They were both tired and hurting and now it was made even worse for him. As the night went on, Rasera could only lay where she had put her head down. The heaviness in her limbs and the raw pain in her throat kept her from doing little else. Eventually sleep claimed her as she looked upon the stars as she cleared her mind to calm herself. They would make it out of this.

Or so she had thought. A guard, stumbled out of his tent, his arm slung around that of his buddies. He had slashing cruel eyes and his face was red as evidence of how much alcohol he had consumed this night. His eyes landed on the two captives sleeping at the post and he stopped his buddy. "Oiii, don't they look a lil to peaceful...?" He growled, suddenly growing angry. The man stumbled in their direction and went straight for Akar, kicking him in the side and away from Rasera. "Bloody defender!"
Back to top Go down
Tegan
Experienced Roleplayer
Tegan

Things that I am :
  • ME Meercat
  • SR Salamander
  • DDC Dingo

PostSubject: Re: Tegan and Taj- An awkward romance   Tegan and Taj- An awkward romance - Page 8 Icon_minitimeSun Feb 05, 2012 6:17 am

Akar went down on his arms and drew his knees under him to push himself back up. He felt kind of dizzy, and he finally opened his eyes. He looked down at the ground, and spat more blood before he ignored the taste and just decided to swallow the metallic liquid. "I'll be fine," he said dryly. His voice was rather odd, for him. Even despite the fact that he had nothing to drink all day. When Rasera started to drift off to sleep, Akar willed himself to move over to her and wrap her up in his arms protectively. He tried to stay awake and keep watch. He didn't like how today had gone, it seemed too easy, but he couldn't. It wasn't long before he finally gave in to his weariness and slept.

The man's today was tall and bulky. His face was dirty and bright red with long hair and some on his face. He was laughing overly loudly over nothing, and could hardly stay on his feet. He almost fell forwards when his buddy pointed out the two, stopping. He turned to look over at them and clenched his fist. "An' who sled they cold be?" he growled in responce. He followed after his buddy, but instead of going after the man, he went for the girl, kicking her leg and sweeping dirt at her face with his other foot.

Akar was jolted away by the sudden attack and rolled away from the pole and Rasera from the force. The chain on his leg stopped him harshly, and as he blinked it took him a moment to realize what was going on. About the same time, he groaned and winced in pain when he tried to get to his feet. His side ached, his face ached, and his limbs didn't want to move with the lack of energy, but he forced them too. One, he had to defend himself, and two, he had to defend Rasera if he could get to her. He lunged forwards, haphazardly at the man attacking Rasera to pull him away from her.
Back to top Go down
Taj
Taj

Things that I am :
  • Alarmingly Excellent
  • Dragon Hoarder
  • Troll
  • Long Poster
  • Medium Poster

PostSubject: Re: Tegan and Taj- An awkward romance   Tegan and Taj- An awkward romance - Page 8 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 06, 2012 3:41 am

The man attacking Akar didn't much like that he wasn't getting the proper attention he so deserved from the chained captive and kicked him hard in the face when he went for Rasera. "Don't ye go playin' wit the girly! I want you." He growled, leaping on top of Akar and pinning him down. His breath smelled heavily of alchohol and his eyes were glazed over slgihtly. "Now now, what you gots to say for yerself?" He asked, making sure to hold his arms down with his feet.

Rasera woke in a start, screaming in pain when her leg was kicked and then began to cough on the dirt that had entered her mouth. She was confused, crawling to sit up and find out what was attacking her in the middle of the night. She looked up to see a rather large man looming over her and her large blue eyes could only stare back to his in fear. "Please! What did we do!" She asked, looking to Akar and blanched when she saw him under the man and obviously hurt once again.
Back to top Go down
Tegan
Experienced Roleplayer
Tegan

Things that I am :
  • ME Meercat
  • SR Salamander
  • DDC Dingo

PostSubject: Re: Tegan and Taj- An awkward romance   Tegan and Taj- An awkward romance - Page 8 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 06, 2012 5:02 am

The man who was attacking Rasera only laughed when she asked what they had done. "Isn't it be obvise?" he asked coldly. "Ye be too sund defendrz," he growled. He aimed a sharp kick at the girl's stomach, falling backwards with the force of his own kick. That only made him more angry though, as in his drunken haze he thought that maybe the girl had tripped him. He pushed himself onto his hands and feet, the world spinning and he growled. "Stop movin Ye mo gude womsen!" he barked in furry, lashing out with his hand at the different illusions he saw before his eyes.

Akar hit the ground hard as the man tackled him. He winced and bit back a cry of pain from the man's weight. This wasn't like in Tarz when he would have been able to kick his legs up under the man. No, this hurt and offered him almost no escape. The man was kneeling on him, which gave him about one option. Knowing he might regret it later when his head was pounding, Akar threw his forehead forwards into the man's nose with as much force as he could. Adrenaline coursing through him now, he would then bucked his legs to try and throw the drunk man over his head. "Get off me you drunk," he'd snarl as he quickly try to scramble back on his feet and turn onto the man attacking Rasera again.
Back to top Go down
Taj
Taj

Things that I am :
  • Alarmingly Excellent
  • Dragon Hoarder
  • Troll
  • Long Poster
  • Medium Poster

PostSubject: Re: Tegan and Taj- An awkward romance   Tegan and Taj- An awkward romance - Page 8 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 06, 2012 5:40 am

Rasera doubled over on to her side when she was kicked, knocking the wind from her lungs. Her breath came in short, wheezing gasps, not being able to breath well from the dirt she had inhaled a short moment ago. When the swings came flying at her from the man now on her knees, She simply could only cover her head and pray the beatings would soon stop.

The man on top of Akar howled in pain when he felt his nose being broke from the impact and a rush of fresh blood came pouring down his face as he rolled off the man and onto the ground. "Bastard!" He called after him, pulling on his chains to ensure he couldn't get to Rasera and help her. His other hand was on his nose, trying to stem the blood as it dripped down in front of his shirt.

From the noise just outside his tent, Faref knew there was trouble. His father had put down to bed some short while ago and he had no wish to wake the man with this short of trouble. He quickly left his tent, grabbed his halberd and making for where the captives were. As soon as he saw the scene he rushed over, pushing the man away from Rasera and grabbing the man that was holding Akar's chain by the shirt. "Do you know what the boss will do if he finds out you've killed them!" He hissed in anger, pushing the man away from him disgust. "Get out of my sight, both of you, before I tell him of your treason." He growled pushing both men away from him. The man that was Akar grabbed his buddy and ran for their tent, the very thought of what would happen to them if the son of their boss told him such a thing was fa worse than a death sentence.

Once the two men were gone he leaned down with a sigh to Akar first, helping him sit up and offering him some water. "I know your our captives but that gives them no right, I'm sorry." He said quietly, as if his father would come storming out of his tent to scold him. He looked to Rasera, she was in a small ball curled up and half sobbing half gasping for air. Her light blonde hair a cascade behind her and held bits of dirt and blood. He felt honestly bad for the both of them. "If you can stomach it, I can get you guys some food tonight or I can try the next night." He said talking more so to Akar.
Back to top Go down
Tegan
Experienced Roleplayer
Tegan

Things that I am :
  • ME Meercat
  • SR Salamander
  • DDC Dingo

PostSubject: Re: Tegan and Taj- An awkward romance   Tegan and Taj- An awkward romance - Page 8 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 06, 2012 6:09 am

Akar hit the ground when the man grabbed the chain. Pain seared his face from the impact, and from before. He honestly didn't know what he looked like, and right now he didn't care. All he cared for was getting to Rasera, to help her. His head hurt, his face hurt, and his entire body was starting to ache again, but he needed to find a way out. A way to get free of this man by either losing the leash, or knocking the man out. One of the two. But his body was protesting he want to get up. It was as if even the adrenaline couldn't sustain his energy sapped limbs. He heard someone else rushing towards them, but he honestly wasn't sure if he wanted to know who it was. He turned his head so he could breath, panting against the ground as he saw the son of Jenrei.

The Man's buddy was pulled away and he looked around confused before his eyes fell on Faref. He realized they were in trouble then, and he made his way over to his buddy, itching to leave now that they were caught. He took the scolding quietly, his drunken mind not even understanding every word of it, but he didn't have to. The message was clear, and that was to leave now. He was quick to scramble to his feet and follow his buddy, half running, half tripping on his way back to their tent.

Akar stiffened at first when he felt hands on him, and it took him a second to realize it was ok and not someone to fight off. He left the boy help him, and put a hand to his head as the world spun slightly. He looked over from the corner of his eyes to see what the boy had offered him, and after a couple seconds, he took the water with shaky hands, swallowing a mouthful of the liquid, before handing it back. "Thanks," he said quietly, meaning the water and for the help. His eyes then went to Rasera, he help helpless. He hadn't been able to protect her, again.

Honestly, Akar wasn't sure if he would be able to stomach anything after that beating, but ignored the question for now. Instead, he crawled towards Rasera, not bothering to stand up and very lightly brushed her hair back and then went to pick her and cradle her against his chest half soothingly, half protectively. Only then would he turn his eyes back to the boy. He whispered so the rest of the camp wouldn't hear, only Faref. "If it put you in less of a position to be caught, I'd say tonight would be better. However, it would have to small because anything big that would be noticed wouldn't be able to be carried if we can't. If anyone asks, you could probably blame it on the drunk. They won't remember tonight anyways." he stroked Rasera's hair while he whispered, trying to calm her down slightly. "Also," he pointed at the water. "For her."
Back to top Go down
Taj
Taj

Things that I am :
  • Alarmingly Excellent
  • Dragon Hoarder
  • Troll
  • Long Poster
  • Medium Poster

PostSubject: Re: Tegan and Taj- An awkward romance   Tegan and Taj- An awkward romance - Page 8 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 07, 2012 3:18 am

Faref looked sadly upon the couple when Akar when and picked Rasera up like a broken doll. This is what happened to war prisoners, eh? He would have guessed they wouldn't get the best of treatment but this was pushing it for the man. They should have been reasonably treated until they were in the city of racksom and under Lord Zartea'rs judgement. When Mask grew more of a confident tone he grinned, unsure how he could have the resolve to take an even tone with him despite the position he was in.

"I'll bring some bread if you can stomach it, just make sure its gone by morning." He said, leaving the canteen in reach of Mask and then standing. He pat his clothing of the dust and dirt before walking towards his own tent. He would be harshly punished for his crimes if anyone found out but this was just...wrong.

Rasera simply laid in Akar's arms, unmoving, not wanting to make ant of her pain worse. She felt terrible, crying like this when Akar had taken the brunt of the beatings but she couldn't help the silent tears the fell from her face. There was no escape for them, and worse if it kept on like this they were going to die.
Back to top Go down
Tegan
Experienced Roleplayer
Tegan

Things that I am :
  • ME Meercat
  • SR Salamander
  • DDC Dingo

PostSubject: Re: Tegan and Taj- An awkward romance   Tegan and Taj- An awkward romance - Page 8 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 07, 2012 3:44 am

Akar nodded to the boy his thanks and then turned his full attention to Rasera. He carefully reached forwards and pulled the canteen towards them. Picking it up he gently re-positioned Rasera against him and kissed her forehead softly. "Rasera, drink something?" he asked her soothingly and held out the canteen slightly. He knew she was upset, but they needed to drink when they could. The food was going to be more of a problem, but possibly if they took small bites it would be ok. With his arm around her, he reached up with his hand and lightly brushed at her falling tears. "It's ok now," he said softly to her. "They're gone, and if I can help it, they're never touching you again." Of course he had to add the first part. How could he even be sure he'd be able to do anything against Jenrei or his men?

Akar laid his head lightly on top of hers, being incredibly gentle with every movement. Not only because he knew she was hurting, but also because his energy was wearing thinner. Holding her against him was becoming an impossible task as his arm was tired of holding her as tightly as he dared, and could. He didn't know how to comfort her otherwise than to be protective like this. The melody from before came to his mind and he hummed it as soft as he could. The tone of it was still rather melancholy, but it was only lullaby, assuming it was one, that he knew. "You think you might be able to eat a little bit love?" he asked whispered to her softly. He winced slightly to himself as his head continued to throb. What more could he expect? He'd broken the man's nose after all.
Back to top Go down
Taj
Taj

Things that I am :
  • Alarmingly Excellent
  • Dragon Hoarder
  • Troll
  • Long Poster
  • Medium Poster

PostSubject: Re: Tegan and Taj- An awkward romance   Tegan and Taj- An awkward romance - Page 8 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 08, 2012 1:38 am

The gentle tone of his voice only brought on a batch of fresh tears to Rasera's face. How can he still be like this after today? Why didn't he hate her for being his weakness? She was hurt and angry, angry at herself for not being able to be strong enough for him. When he offered her the water she eventually took it, take a small sip or two and relishing the feeling to the liquid on her parched throat. "I can manage to eat something." She crawled out of his lap however and sat across from him brushing the hair out of her face. "I can feel your arms shaking, and I know it is not cold out here." Her tone was sad but determined not to upset him further.

Faref returned shortly after, kneeling in front of the two and giving them each a bit of bread. "Make sure you eat it all tonight and leave no evidence that it was here. I can easily keep account for my own stock of food but if they see crumbs of bits of bread on you and know my rations have been lessened they will figure it out pretty fast." He grinned despite his grave words. "Try to rest, there is another long walk ahead of us tomorrow." And with that he left them once more, going back to his tent to retire for the evening.

Rasera ate the bread she was given in silence and kept her gaze avert from Akars, but instead of sadness in her blue eyes there was a burning anger. She wanted to be stronger, to not weep anymore. All her life she had been weak and if they were going to beat it out of her then so be it.
Back to top Go down
Tegan
Experienced Roleplayer
Tegan

Things that I am :
  • ME Meercat
  • SR Salamander
  • DDC Dingo

PostSubject: Re: Tegan and Taj- An awkward romance   Tegan and Taj- An awkward romance - Page 8 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 09, 2012 1:09 am

Akar let Rasera leave his lap rather reluctantly. Even if his arms were shaking from the effort, he still didn't want her to be away from him. He sighed to himself and shook his head as a smile pulled at his lips. She was determined, he could hear it in her tone. Though, he wasn't entirely sure what she was so determined about. He figured he'd soon find out. "For the record," he said leaning forwards, "I wouldn't let you go no matter what." He smiled at her, not really thinking about how beat up they both looked, nor caring. So long as they were both alive and together he was happy. The in between didn't matter. That was one thing he'd learned about life. 'Cherish the time you have with people Akar,' was what his mother had always said. 'You never know when one day you'll wake up and it'll end. Regret nothing my warrior. Everyday is cherish-able, so make it so.'

Akar looked up when Faref returned. "We will," he said taking the bit of bread graciously. He offered the boy a small smile. "Thank you," he said as he nodded his head slightly with gratitude. Of all things he'd expected, someone on their side was the last of it. He was honestly relieved for that fact, though he knew how much was at risk with what the boy was doing. He'd observed the battle enough to see how the Rebels acted, even towards their own. It was ugly and horrible. This was what truly made him want to join the Defenders in the first place. They acted better, even if they were the under dogs. He had a more soft side towards the under dog. He supposed he could relate. He was an underdog in his search to find his sister.

When the boy left, Akar re-positioned himself to sit cross legged. He ate while watching Rasera. He cocked his head slightly when he realized she was avoiding his eyes. He blinked in confusion, but didn't say anything about it. He made sure to take careful small bites, and to make sure that he didn't drop any crumbs on the ground or his clothes. A process he went about doing by holding his hand under the bread at all times just in-case. Even when he finished, his eyes hardly left Rasera. He was completely confused as to why she wouldn't look at him, and though he'd hide it, he was worried that he'd done something wrong. Or that she was angry over something and didn't want him to know. "What are you thinking?" he asked finally.
Back to top Go down
Taj
Taj

Things that I am :
  • Alarmingly Excellent
  • Dragon Hoarder
  • Troll
  • Long Poster
  • Medium Poster

PostSubject: Re: Tegan and Taj- An awkward romance   Tegan and Taj- An awkward romance - Page 8 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 22, 2012 1:11 am

When Akar finally spoke, Rasera looked back up to him, her large blue eyes moody and sad as she folded her and in her lap. "I feel...so helpless." She said, looking down to fiddle with her fingers. Her heart was breaking to watch Akar be beaten like he was and when they had come for her she could only curl into a ball to try and protect herself. "And...if it were not for me, you would have had a fighting chance to get away." This is where her anger stemmed from, she was the one who made him waver to fight instead of giving in. "I still can't control my power enough to be of use...I've failed you...and it's frustrating..." She was too tired to cry the tears that were in her voice and laying heavily on her heart. She loved Akar, more than anything, and she had to stand by watching him suffer.
Back to top Go down
Tegan
Experienced Roleplayer
Tegan

Things that I am :
  • ME Meercat
  • SR Salamander
  • DDC Dingo

PostSubject: Re: Tegan and Taj- An awkward romance   Tegan and Taj- An awkward romance - Page 8 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 26, 2012 3:05 am

Akar sighed. "Love," he said softly, forcing his resisting body to crawl towards her. "You haven't failed me, and you're not the reason we're in this mess," he said quietly. That was true, there was another reason they were in this mess, and he knew why. This was punishment for direct assault on their king, and from what he could guess, probably a higher ranking official. "I chose not to leave, I"m still choosing not to leave. If I wanted to leave I could. But there are two very important things I'd be leaving behind. Sorrahkin, and more importantly, you." He gave her a small smile, and went on. "Apart from my sister probably killing me if I lost her horse, I'd never leave you, but that doesn't mean this is your fault." He thought over his next words carefully for a moment. "You just learned you have a power. You're not going to get it over night. I have no idea how mine works, and I've had it half my life."

He reached a shaky hand out and cupped her chin, forcing his arm to remain steady, but every movement was more draining than the last. Even as the bread started to give him a little more energy. He leaned forwards and kissed her softly on the forehead. "This is as much, if not more my fault than anyone else's. Don't blame yourself. Please?" He had to ask. He didn't want her to blame herself, but his own pep talk didn't sound very peppy, even to himself. He dropped his arm back down to his side as he tried to look into her eyes. He wasn't going to give up no matter how much they were beat, and besides, they had to be close to Racksom now, right? "Shall we get some sleep love?" he asked after a couple minutes. Or maybe it was only seconds and he was wishing time to go by faster. To get this entire journey over with. Of course, he knew the minute they closed their eyes, they'd be awakened to another long walk.
Back to top Go down
Taj
Taj

Things that I am :
  • Alarmingly Excellent
  • Dragon Hoarder
  • Troll
  • Long Poster
  • Medium Poster

PostSubject: Re: Tegan and Taj- An awkward romance   Tegan and Taj- An awkward romance - Page 8 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 30, 2012 4:53 pm

Rasera's heart nearly broke with love when Akar spoke to her. He was the gentlest man she had ever met even if they were both suffering as prisoners of war. He had to be tired, and hurting from the beatings they had received and yet he was still trying to make her feel better. It made her feel childish. Though it hurt to do so, Rasera gave a soft, loving smile. "You're right." She said, unfolding her hands from her lap and touching his face lightly, briefly. "Thank you." He had enough courage and strength for the both of them it seemed. Soon after Rasera had fallen into a light sleep with Akar as the rest of the night went by.

"Get up." She heard gruffly, being kicked in the back to wake up. Seems they were leaving again and Rasera was pulled away from Akar and tied to the horse she had been for the past few days. Another long walk. Jenrei looked back to his captive with a sly grin on his face. The two of them looked like they had visitors last night and none all too friendly. But it had done them some good, neither was putting up a fight now and they walked with their eyes on the ground. A beautifully broken spirit. Jenrei stopped at the end of the evening but called over the other rider that was holding Akar that day. "It seems you have learned to behave a bit. It's been three days, "He looked up to the man holding Akar's bindings, "Give them food and water. They'd be of no use to me dead and we are less than a day’s ride to Racksom."

The man nodded, pulling on Akar's ropes and pulling Rasera along with him now. He set them up on the post and left them with a canteen of water and some bread. Without another word or action, he left them.

Rasera sighed when she finally sat down, giving a small smile to Akar. "Here that? We are nearly there."
Back to top Go down
Tegan
Experienced Roleplayer
Tegan

Things that I am :
  • ME Meercat
  • SR Salamander
  • DDC Dingo

PostSubject: Re: Tegan and Taj- An awkward romance   Tegan and Taj- An awkward romance - Page 8 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 10, 2012 3:57 am

Akar didn't fight being woken up, tied up, or forced to walk. He didn't have the energy to do much other than follow orders, and the more they walked, the more the remainder of his energy burned out. Adrenaline was really all he would have going for himself. Especially if they were met with more men like those of the night before. He was hardly paying attention when they stopped, and barely noticed being pulled and put back to the pole. Of course there was one thing that broke his spell of weariness, Rasera's voice.

He picked his eyes off the ground to rest on her and smiled slightly. He half sat, half dropped down next to her and looked out across the way they'd still have to travel. Everything seemed so surreal at the moment, but he forced himself to focus on the here and now. "Of course," he said in a husky voice, "what exactly will be waiting for us when we get there is still a mystery." He didn't mean to sound so pessimistic, but it was just what was consuming his thoughts at the moment. He looked down at the food and water for a moment, then back up at her. "He probably excepts us to tear at it like starved dogs," he noted with a bit of steel to his voice.

Shrugging to himself he broke the bread in half, actually managing to do it equally, and handed half of it to her. He then reached forwards and pulled the canteen over and set it between the two of them. "You sure you're ready for what could be waiting over there?" he asked softly. He wasn't entirely sure he was, but by the way Jenrei spoke of how they were no good dead, he figured a medic trip was most likely their first stop. Or at least, one place they'd be heading upon arrival. War prisoners would definitely not be of use if they were killed. He nibbled on the bread while he watched Rasera.
Back to top Go down
Taj
Taj

Things that I am :
  • Alarmingly Excellent
  • Dragon Hoarder
  • Troll
  • Long Poster
  • Medium Poster

PostSubject: Re: Tegan and Taj- An awkward romance   Tegan and Taj- An awkward romance - Page 8 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 20, 2012 3:27 am

Rasera took a small piece of bread and then looked down when Akar brought up the point that their destination probably wasn't going to be any more pleasant once they got there. "I'm not sure." Rasera admitted, "But what choice do we have?" Rasera asked, looking up to him seriously. "At least we wouldn't be walking anymore."

Jenrei walked over to where Rasera and Akar were sitting a short while later and grabbed their ropes, pulling them up. "We are leaving and making for the city. Give me any trouble and I'll have no issues beating you within an inch of your life." This time, he tied the two of them together by the hand and then tied them to his own horse.

Rasera sent a small smile to Akar, seems they get to walk into town together...for whatever fate would hold for them.

(Message me, and we can decided whether or not to end here. We don't have to : ) )
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Tegan and Taj- An awkward romance   Tegan and Taj- An awkward romance - Page 8 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Tegan and Taj- An awkward romance
Page 8 of 8Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8