Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Arty} Just a case of girl meets boy... {Kat

Go down 
2 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
Artemis
Artemis

Things that I am :
  • ME Meercat
  • SR Salamander
  • DDC Dingo
  • Alarmingly Excellent
  • Dragon Hoarder
  • Troll Fanatic
  • Medium Poster
  • Chatbox Spammer
  • Really Too Kind
  • Rebel of Rogue

Female Loveliness : 73

Arty} Just a case of girl meets boy... {Kat - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Arty} Just a case of girl meets boy... {Kat   Arty} Just a case of girl meets boy... {Kat - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 31, 2012 12:26 am

As soon as Raffi suggested going over to the secluded hill, Rokam could almost feel himself relax. “There’s definitely a lot of the soup to finish,” he agreed, laughing along with her. “I’d like that.” His face stretched uncontrollably into a grin, a feeling which was becoming more familiar than he had ever thought it would since he met Raffi- and it wasn’t like he was solemn most of the time; on the contrary, he often had trouble keeping a straight face. But not like this.

Conversation flowed easily as they ambled over to the hill, reaching it just as the sun brushed the horizon. There were no trees for shelter tonight, but that didn’t matter; the air was mild, refreshing but still comfortable, and the grass was thick and wild, making an excellent cushion to lie on. After a certain amount of struggling with the strap which held it there they managed to get the soup off Rokam’s back and nudged off the lid, releasing a cloud of heat and a deep meaty smell. Rokam inhaled deeply, savouring the scent, before nudging the pot over to Raffi with his paw.
“Help yourself,” he said cheerfully, stretching luxuriously before flopping to the ground to lie down. When Raffi had had some of the soup he took his turn, licking his nose clean before looking up at her. “I have to say, I’m glad to be out here if it means a view like this.” He gestured vaguely out at the sky, where the setting sun cast a brilliant orange glow over the horizon and silhouetted the hills in black. “And after today, it’s good to just… get some peace.” Sitting up, he moved unconsciously closer to Raffi, gazing glassily away over the landscape.
Back to top Go down
Stormkatz
Stormkatz

Things that I am :
  • ME Meercat
  • DDC Dingo
  • "Nice Girl"
  • Troll
  • Medium Poster
  • Chatbox Spammer
  • Really Too Kind
  • Rebel of Rogue

Female Loveliness : 16

PostSubject: Re: Arty} Just a case of girl meets boy... {Kat   Arty} Just a case of girl meets boy... {Kat - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 31, 2012 1:24 am

The meat soup tasted better once they were away from the creepy man and his odd house, and the warmth was just lovely. The air was cooling down quickly as the sun set, even on such a mild night, so it was just perfect. “Thank you, Ro.” She smiled, licking her lips. There was a drip of soup on her nose, but she couldn’t quite reach it, and instead managed to wipe it on the grass, turning the action into a roll onto her back. Looking at the sunset upside down, she just let the cool grass relax her for a moment as the sky slowly changed colour.

She righted herself when Rokam began to speak again and sat by his side. “Hmm, yes, it’s lovely. I think I can see all the way back to the tavern from here.” She replied, pointing with her narrow nose over to the cluster of buildings below them. “It’s a lovely evening, and if we weren’t out here I probably would have missed it. Thank you.” she smiled, wriggling into a more comfortable position in the long grass, “This is a good sort of adventure.”
Back to top Go down
Artemis
Artemis

Things that I am :
  • ME Meercat
  • SR Salamander
  • DDC Dingo
  • Alarmingly Excellent
  • Dragon Hoarder
  • Troll Fanatic
  • Medium Poster
  • Chatbox Spammer
  • Really Too Kind
  • Rebel of Rogue

PostSubject: Re: Arty} Just a case of girl meets boy... {Kat   Arty} Just a case of girl meets boy... {Kat - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 31, 2012 12:18 pm

Picking out the building Raffi pointed to, Rokam nodded enthusiastically.
“You’re right,” he exclaimed needlessly, before flopping down onto the grass beside her, their legs just touching through the grass. “And, well… it never would have happened if I hadn’t met you, so I guess thanks for that.” He flashed her a slightly nervous sideways smile, kneading his claws into the grass as he was wont to do.
“Raffi-” he began, looking down at his feet rather than meet her eyes. Before he could get any further, though, he was distracted by a bizarre sensation. It was a vision coming, he could tell- but it wasn’t like anything he’d ever felt before. It seemed to drift to him by chance, as if carried to him on a wandering breeze, rather than assaulting him from the torrent of images constantly flowing through his mind anyway. In fact, when he thought about it… there was hardly anything to see at the moment, just a few pictures drifting about. Most of them he doubted would even come to pass.

And, he thought, there was something else. Some… awareness of Raffi beside him, and indeed the grass around him. That wasn’t something he’d ever felt before, he was certain of it. Magical, yes, but beyond that he was clueless. Surely it wasn’t fate magic?
But before he could contemplate further, the vision reached him- now-familiar images of Raffi and himself, travelling together in the future, talking… and tiny dragons, barely out of their eggs, pawing at them and demanding attention.

Closing his eyes, Rokam turned away from the lifeblood beside him, trying to compose himself.
Back to top Go down
Stormkatz
Stormkatz

Things that I am :
  • ME Meercat
  • DDC Dingo
  • "Nice Girl"
  • Troll
  • Medium Poster
  • Chatbox Spammer
  • Really Too Kind
  • Rebel of Rogue

PostSubject: Re: Arty} Just a case of girl meets boy... {Kat   Arty} Just a case of girl meets boy... {Kat - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 31, 2012 2:06 pm

Rokam shifted beside her, and Raffi had a feeling something was bothering him. Maybe he was seeing something again, or maybe the wind had just caught him the wrong way. She had no idea – after all, she couldn’t see inside his mind…

A picture laid itself over her vision just as the thought has finished ringing around her mind. It was pale and flickering, but definitely there. The pictures didn’t make sense to her, and they felt alien in her mind. Magic, but not the kind she knew. Suddenly, the vision sharpened, and she caught sight of herself within it… and Ro… and something she wasn’t sure how to interpret. Hatchlings.

“R-Ro? Can you see this…”she asked in a quiet, level voice. She was afraid to speak to loudly and frighten away the pictures. “Is that… us?” A tiny, phantom hatchling curled up by her side, and it seemed as real as the grass around them for a second. Then the image grew pale again, threatening to drift away. In the vision, she and Rokam looked unbelievably happy… it was enough to make her heart ache. But where had all that come from? She didn’t understand.

“Ro? What just happened..?” she asked carefully, looking at the card dragon carefully. She felt like she’d just seen a side of him she hadn’t seen before, but whether that was good or not yet she couldn’t tell.

Back to top Go down
Artemis
Artemis

Things that I am :
  • ME Meercat
  • SR Salamander
  • DDC Dingo
  • Alarmingly Excellent
  • Dragon Hoarder
  • Troll Fanatic
  • Medium Poster
  • Chatbox Spammer
  • Really Too Kind
  • Rebel of Rogue

PostSubject: Re: Arty} Just a case of girl meets boy... {Kat   Arty} Just a case of girl meets boy... {Kat - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 20, 2013 7:38 pm

Raffi had obviously noticed his odd behaviour. Taking in a deep breath as she stammered his name, Rokam turned back to face her with a fake smile- only to meet her next words.
“See… see what?” It was impossible. Nobody had ever shared his visions before, not even when he’d tried to include them. He and Jaden had worked together to find one thing in the future, but that was hardly the same thing. She had to be referring to something else.
But… if she was seeing them at the same time as him? Maybe it was the same images. Something had felt different, after all. “What did you see?” he asked again, frowning deeply. Somehow, though… he already knew the answer. He squeezed his eye shut for a second, thinking a brief prayer to any gods which might exist- which he wasn’t at all convinced they did- and then looked back at Raffi, exhaling deeply.
“I… just had a vision. It was of us… I don’t know how you could have seen the same thing, but maybe you did. Somehow. Nobody really understands fate magic, so who knows. It did feel… Different to usual.” That was true. Maybe it had another cause than his own magic… but it had still felt familiar on one level, even if it had differences to most of his visions.
For a moment, Rokam wished he could just have a normal relationship with Raffi. None of the visions, none of the quests and odd soup-dispensing men… But that was the price to pay for being a card dragon, and there was nothing he could do about it. No point wishing he’d been like the rest of his siblings.

Last edited by Artemis on Tue Jan 29, 2013 5:09 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Stormkatz
Stormkatz

Things that I am :
  • ME Meercat
  • DDC Dingo
  • "Nice Girl"
  • Troll
  • Medium Poster
  • Chatbox Spammer
  • Really Too Kind
  • Rebel of Rogue

PostSubject: Re: Arty} Just a case of girl meets boy... {Kat   Arty} Just a case of girl meets boy... {Kat - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 20, 2013 8:20 pm

When Rokam turned to her, Raffi froze. She didn’t know what exactly she had seen, but she didn’t really want to voice what she thought it was – just in case she was wrong, or it was just her that could see it. When Rokam began to explain, however, it didn’t really relax her either. There was no doubt that they had seen the same thing… and suddenly she didn’t know what to make of it. It was all so unexpected, and she was ready to flip out and hide, but the feeling mixed up in the vision wouldn’t go away either. It was like having an upside-down tummy ache, and it pushed everything else she was thinking to one side.

“W-what does that mean then..?” she asked carefully, looking at the patch of ground that had contained a young, stumbling hatchling just a second ago. During the vision, she had cared about that little patch of air more than anything, she was sure of it, and she felt ever so slightly in shock now that it was over. The strange sort of connection between her and Rokam hadn’t faded with the vision though. “Is that going to…. to happen then?” she swallowed. And just secretly, a little, tiny, upside-down-tummy-achy bit of her hoped the answer was yes. The rest of her was still fighting over what to make of the vision, of course, and struggling to recover from the wash of fate magic, but one little bit that was sure of itself was enough.
Back to top Go down
Artemis
Artemis

Things that I am :
  • ME Meercat
  • SR Salamander
  • DDC Dingo
  • Alarmingly Excellent
  • Dragon Hoarder
  • Troll Fanatic
  • Medium Poster
  • Chatbox Spammer
  • Really Too Kind
  • Rebel of Rogue

PostSubject: Re: Arty} Just a case of girl meets boy... {Kat   Arty} Just a case of girl meets boy... {Kat - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 29, 2013 5:26 pm

Unable to bring himself to answer, Rokam dropped his gaze at Raffi’s question. How could he begin to tell her what it meant? He didn’t really know what it meant himself; neither of them had looked much changed at all, but how could they get to the point of having hatchlings in such a short period of time? It didn’t seem feasible. Briefly, he wondered if his visions might not come to pass- but he swiftly dimissed that. He was as sure about this as he had ever been about anything. There must just be something else he didn’t know about… something which would happen to accelerate their relationship drastically.

Something like Raffi seeing his vision? He almost would have thought it would scare her off, but if it didn’t…

Her voice broke into his thoughts. From the sound of her voice, she suspected the answer, though she didn’t sound certain of it by any stretch. Slowly, without making a sound, Rokam nodded- and then lifted his eyes just enough to see her face and gauge her reaction. It was too soon, he was sure of it. Maybe if this had happened after they’d been travelling together for a few weeks, getting to be closer friends… but they’d not even known each other a week, not even close. This could only end badly, he was sure of it.
Back to top Go down
Stormkatz
Stormkatz

Things that I am :
  • ME Meercat
  • DDC Dingo
  • "Nice Girl"
  • Troll
  • Medium Poster
  • Chatbox Spammer
  • Really Too Kind
  • Rebel of Rogue

PostSubject: Re: Arty} Just a case of girl meets boy... {Kat   Arty} Just a case of girl meets boy... {Kat - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 29, 2013 10:02 pm

Rokam had gone very quiet, which Raffi was a little pleased about since it gave her some space to think. Everything about the last afternoon seemed out of place, and Rokam’s answer would shift everything again. It was a nod. Her stomach flipped over itself, and she gasped, her eyes falling to the ground. This was all too sudden – too serious for innocent, childish Raffi, who was a dragon grown but still played in river mud like a hatchling. But maybe it was time for her to grow up a bit? Her eyes lifted to meet Rokam’s, and she smiled – weakly but smiling all the same. “I-I think that’s ok. I mean, all this is a bit sooner than I would have preferred, but…” she trailed off. “Do you think we could be… like that, one day? Talk to me, please Ro?”

She studied him, and the vision, although distant in her mind, seemed just a little more plausible. The moments they had shared over the course of their journey, although brief and few, seemed to have a different edge now, but it seemed like she understood why she enjoyed his company so much now. The more flighty side of her wanted to just up and run, because everything was threatening to get a bit too serious for her, but she was starting to realise that she did /like/ Rokam very much, and since the card game (which seemed like a lifetime ago) there had been some kind of connection…
Back to top Go down
Artemis
Artemis

Things that I am :
  • ME Meercat
  • SR Salamander
  • DDC Dingo
  • Alarmingly Excellent
  • Dragon Hoarder
  • Troll Fanatic
  • Medium Poster
  • Chatbox Spammer
  • Really Too Kind
  • Rebel of Rogue

PostSubject: Re: Arty} Just a case of girl meets boy... {Kat   Arty} Just a case of girl meets boy... {Kat - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 21, 2013 12:57 pm

Astonishment stunned Rokam for a further few moments. Maybe Raffi wasn’t confessing undying love or anything, but it was a miracle even that she didn’t seem entirely opposed to the idea of that being their future. Subconsciously, his gaze began to slide down to the ground again- but after a moment he firmly looked Raffi back in the face. This wasn’t the kind of thing he could escape. Who knew what would happen right now, but eventually they were going to end up as they had appeared in the vision. It didn’t make any kind of sense for him to try and avoid that when Raffi was facing up to it, despite not being the one who was used to having their fate thrown in their face.

“It’s… it’s not really a matter of whether or not we could be like that. We… we will be, I’m sure of it.” He heaved a sigh, determinedly keeping his eyes on her face. “I’m sorry you found out like this. I never imagined anything like that could happen… I mean, I’ve never come close to showing a vision to anyone else, no matter what I’ve tried. I have no idea what’s going on for it to just… happen like that.” Could it have something to do with the strange old man, he wondered? It didn’t seem likely… nobody knew much about fate magic, and surely you’d have to in order to pull something like this. Besides, what motivation would he have? How would he even know that the vision existed to be shared? Unless he had been hoping for some other effect and this had happened inadvertently.

After a second spent pondering all this, Rokam shook his head very slightly and gave up. He was never going to figure all that out. All he could hope to do for the moment was manage the situation he now found himself him. Half holding his breath in his anxiety, he looked again to Raffi, waiting for her response.
Back to top Go down
Stormkatz
Stormkatz

Things that I am :
  • ME Meercat
  • DDC Dingo
  • "Nice Girl"
  • Troll
  • Medium Poster
  • Chatbox Spammer
  • Really Too Kind
  • Rebel of Rogue

PostSubject: Re: Arty} Just a case of girl meets boy... {Kat   Arty} Just a case of girl meets boy... {Kat - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 21, 2013 8:57 pm

Quite a large part of Raffi just wanted to curl up and hide still, but she had just about pulled herself together now. Rokam looked just as nervous as she felt, so she wasn’t the only one at least, and that meant that they could probably manage to carry on as usual. His reply still gave her slightly uncomfortable butterflies, however. They were going to have hatchlings together, at some point in the future. However well Raffi had been coping with the reality of the vision, that thought still seemed scary.

Being scared wasn't helping either of them, however, so she firmly settled herself, taking a deep breath. “Well, we don’t know when all that will happen, so maybe we should just continue on, as if we hadn’t seen it? I mean, say, continue on into the hills like we were already, and let things fall into place on their own.” They would have to return the soup-container to the old man, and figure out what in all the world that vial was, and they were only half way through their first adventure anyway, so there was plenty to keep them busy… and along the way some part or another of the vision would fall into place, until it all seemed a bit less terrifying. At least that was the plan.

“It’s getting dark… we should probably get some rest soon too…” she added, looking out over the landscape again. The villages within sight were glowing with the light from the lanterns being lit in the streets. The points of light were like little stars tied to the ground, mirroring those coming out in the sky.
Back to top Go down
Artemis
Artemis

Things that I am :
  • ME Meercat
  • SR Salamander
  • DDC Dingo
  • Alarmingly Excellent
  • Dragon Hoarder
  • Troll Fanatic
  • Medium Poster
  • Chatbox Spammer
  • Really Too Kind
  • Rebel of Rogue

PostSubject: Re: Arty} Just a case of girl meets boy... {Kat   Arty} Just a case of girl meets boy... {Kat - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 26, 2013 6:59 pm

Rokam felt like collapsing in relief; it was only through a great deal of willpower that he managed not to. Instead, he managed a weak smile for Raffi as he agreed.
“That sounds like a good idea to me. That is… all of it.” The best thing to do when it came to visions was to simply let them pan out on their own. He doubted that anything they did would change the outcome here anyway; why make the time until they reached that point any worse than it had to be? As some of the tension fell away, he let out a huge yawn and lowered himself to lie down, gazing out over at the tiny, glowing pinpoints in the distance. The only light they had was that cast by the moon, but up here on the hilltop enough of it caught them for them to just about be able to see each other. The air was still warm from the sun’s heat through the day, but that heat was swiftly dissipating and Rokam could feel that he would be passing another cold night if he didn’t do anything. After a moment of contemplating this gloomily, his gaze slid across to Raffi, still so close to him. Catching his breath, he thought uneasily about just shuffling over to lie next to her. How would she react? Would it be too much? It was something they might have done as friends, given the cold, but under the circumstances...

Coming to a decision, he didn’t let himself think twice before moving so that his side pressed against hers as he lay in the grass, still looking out at the view. The old man’s cottage was out of sight, whether because it was invisible, behind a hill or they were simply too far away to see it in the dark. It was a relief to say the least; he just wanted the evening to return to the peaceful interlude it had been until he’d had the vision. Maybe it could now; maybe they could just put it behind them and sleep. For now, at least.

Last edited by Artemis on Sat Apr 06, 2013 6:33 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Stormkatz
Stormkatz

Things that I am :
  • ME Meercat
  • DDC Dingo
  • "Nice Girl"
  • Troll
  • Medium Poster
  • Chatbox Spammer
  • Really Too Kind
  • Rebel of Rogue

PostSubject: Re: Arty} Just a case of girl meets boy... {Kat   Arty} Just a case of girl meets boy... {Kat - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 26, 2013 9:20 pm

With everything agreed Raffi was happy to just go back to enjoying the evening – she found it very easy not to dwell on things, especially when they were a little uncomfortable. She was surprised when she felt the weight of Rokam’s side pressing into her though. For a second she tensed, but slowly eased off, lying against him like they had the night before. It didn’t matter that literally everything had just changed: it was all the same. And it was really starting to get cold. Even Raffi could feel it, through her fur, so she could only imagine what it must be like with Rokam’s smooth shiny scale-skin.

Part of her was happy that the vision was all out in the open. It meant they were both on the same page – neither of them knew how to handle it exactly, but that meant they both knew how the other one felt. This was a good thing. And anyway, it was probably better to leave it until the morning. It had been a long day, and Raffi was getting sleepy. “Night, Ro. She said softly, lying down properly and shutting her eyes, still leaning comfortably against his side. It wasn't weird somehow, although she had thought it would be. Like, it felt different, but still warm and sleepy and more friendly than anything.

The next thing Raffi knew, her eyelids were warm as the sun shone over them, and it was morning. In the morning light she could see flowers down the other side of the hill, and it was quite lovely. They had a big day ahead, so she gave a yawn and stretched out her back, looking about.
Back to top Go down
Artemis
Artemis

Things that I am :
  • ME Meercat
  • SR Salamander
  • DDC Dingo
  • Alarmingly Excellent
  • Dragon Hoarder
  • Troll Fanatic
  • Medium Poster
  • Chatbox Spammer
  • Really Too Kind
  • Rebel of Rogue

PostSubject: Re: Arty} Just a case of girl meets boy... {Kat   Arty} Just a case of girl meets boy... {Kat - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun Apr 07, 2013 7:07 pm

It took a few moments for Rokam, lost in thought, to realise that Raffi had woken up. Dawn had woken him- he’d never been able to sleep in the light- and even if it had been pitch black he probably wouldn’t have been able to get back to sleep. Despite his resolution of last night, he hadn’t been able to keep his thoughts away from his vision- and from Raffi. All things considered, she’d reacted extremely well, but he was still uncertain of how she was going to act this morning.

“Hi,” he said with a nervous grin when her gaze settled on him. “Or, well… good morning. Did you sleep well?” He glanced down at the ground uncomfortably and dithered for a moment before nudging forwards a small bunch of flowers with his foot. “I, erm…” Unable to think of anything appropriate to say, he tailed off and stared meekly at his paws. It had seemed like a good idea to give Raffi flowers at the time- well, humans did it often enough. But had he ever seen a dragon do it? Of course not. What was she going to think of it? Well, it was too late now. Restless as he waited for Raffi to wake up, he had drifted around the hilltop and eventually decided to gather some flowers to give himself something to do. And to give them to Raffi. If their relationship had got off on the wrong foot, maybe he could normalise it a little now.

“For you,” he eventually managed lamely, dragging his eyes back up to look at Raffi’s face. What was a suitably romantic thing to say? Why had he never paid more attention to his parents instead of running away to play with his nestmates whenever they showed the slightest bit of affection towards each other. “They reminded me of you?” he attempted, trying not to look as far out of his comfort zone as he was.
Back to top Go down
Stormkatz
Stormkatz

Things that I am :
  • ME Meercat
  • DDC Dingo
  • "Nice Girl"
  • Troll
  • Medium Poster
  • Chatbox Spammer
  • Really Too Kind
  • Rebel of Rogue

PostSubject: Re: Arty} Just a case of girl meets boy... {Kat   Arty} Just a case of girl meets boy... {Kat - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun Apr 07, 2013 9:16 pm

Raffi jumped a little when Rokam spoke to her, since she hadn’t realised he was awake. Her feathers got a little ruffled as she turned, but as soon as she realised it was him she calmed down. “You made me jump there,” she laughed. “Yes, I slept very well, thank you.” That wasn’t entirely true – she’d been dreaming all night, and everything circled back to that vision, but she was doing alright at keeping it out of her mind. She was surprised at herself for not freaking out, but she was weirdly feeling alright about the whole thing. It wasn’t a bad future, just a surprising one. She could work with surprise.

Well, that was until she noticed the flowers. The pale feathers on her face were thin, and she was a good blusher. She showed that off nicely right then, turning pink through the thin, downy fluff. Luckily Rokam seemed just as awkward as she was, so she hoped it didn’t matter. “They-they’re lovely.” She managed, smiling broadly. She couldn’t stop smiling actually. She didn’t understand the whole process of giving flowers, but the fact that he’d gone out and found them was lovely. Rokam did rather spoil the moment when he tried to explain himself though, and it was all Raffi could do not to giggle. “Do they go with my eyes?” she asked dramatically, scooping up the little posy and batting her eyelashes.

Grinning and shrugging off her initial awkwardness, Raffi beamed at Ro, tucking the flowers into her little money-pouch around her neck carefully. “They’re lovely, thank you.” She laughed lightly, nudging at his shoulder with her nose before springing up to her feet. She was a morning dragon today, and something about waking up to the flowers had put her in an excellent mood for the day.

Back to top Go down
Artemis
Artemis

Things that I am :
  • ME Meercat
  • SR Salamander
  • DDC Dingo
  • Alarmingly Excellent
  • Dragon Hoarder
  • Troll Fanatic
  • Medium Poster
  • Chatbox Spammer
  • Really Too Kind
  • Rebel of Rogue

PostSubject: Re: Arty} Just a case of girl meets boy... {Kat   Arty} Just a case of girl meets boy... {Kat - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun Apr 21, 2013 7:13 pm

The laugh Rokam gave in response to Raffi’s came out awkwardly with his nerves, as he shifted his weight uneasily from foot to foot. When he finally managed to get the words out, though, and she seemed pleased with his gift, his nervousness seemed to flow away somehow.
“Beautiful,” he said, laughing more genuinely now as he relaxed. “You’re welcome. I’m glad you like them.” He brushed her tail lightly with his own in response to her touch, before drifting away slightly and stretching himself out. Despite the untimely interruption of the vision, he had enjoyed their night spent on the hill- it had felt like an interlude, some kind of holiday, before they had to think about the problem of that bizarre old man and his strange flask. As he realised that they would indeed have to confront that now, Rokam felt a slight sinking feeling in his chest. It didn’t seem fair that just as he met Raffi they had to deal with this bizarre thing- why couldn’t they just have some time to get to know each other and spend together without his visions interrupting them?

After a moment of sulking, he huffed and straightened from his stretch, forcing himself to brighten up. An adventure was better than boredom, surely. It was looking to be a nice day and he was getting on well with Raffi. Hopefully, they wouldn’t have to spend too long dealing with the meat soup man, and once they had they could just spend some time together.
“I guess we better get going, then,” he said, glancing over at her. “It’s a bit of a walk… unless we want to do anything else first?”
Back to top Go down
Stormkatz
Stormkatz

Things that I am :
  • ME Meercat
  • DDC Dingo
  • "Nice Girl"
  • Troll
  • Medium Poster
  • Chatbox Spammer
  • Really Too Kind
  • Rebel of Rogue

PostSubject: Re: Arty} Just a case of girl meets boy... {Kat   Arty} Just a case of girl meets boy... {Kat - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri May 03, 2013 10:05 pm

Raffi couldn’t help but notice the slight awkward edge to Rokam’s voice at first, but as he relaxed, so too did she. By the time Ro moved away and settled himself down again, she felt quite herself again, despite everything. Of course, it was going to be difficult for things to be totally normal for a few days, but she felt happy just relaxing on the hill with him. She wasn't used to visions, so maybe that made it easier to ignore the long term effects of them. Who knew? She certainly didn’t.

“Get going? Where..?” she started to reply, before remembering everything from the day before. Gosh, had it really only been a night since they met the strange soup-man? It felt like an age had passed since then somehow. “Oh yes, I remember now. I suppose we should- after all, we have to take the soup-box back.” She smiled. There was the more troubling matter of that vial too, but she didn’t want to think about that bridge until they reached it.

“I don’t think putting it off will help us really,” she said truthfully, “so we should probably set off soon. We can just take out time getting down the hill and such.” She was convinced that talking to that man again was something they had to do, since that magic stuff (whatever it was) had had such a profound effect on them. It seemed like something that would be better to get out of the way, so it wasn't hanging over them all day. She stood up, flicking her feathered tail through the grass playfully, before taking a half-step towards the other side of the hill. “Well, adventure calls, Ro!”
Back to top Go down
Artemis
Artemis

Things that I am :
  • ME Meercat
  • SR Salamander
  • DDC Dingo
  • Alarmingly Excellent
  • Dragon Hoarder
  • Troll Fanatic
  • Medium Poster
  • Chatbox Spammer
  • Really Too Kind
  • Rebel of Rogue

PostSubject: Re: Arty} Just a case of girl meets boy... {Kat   Arty} Just a case of girl meets boy... {Kat - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed May 22, 2013 9:36 pm

Rokam half-smiled, twisting round to face Raffi properly.
“That wasn’t my first thought,” he said, his tone light and cheerful. “But no matter how odd he seems we should still probably give him back his pot.” He sidled closer to her as she rose, grinning at her tail-flick and words.
“Never seems to stop calling,” he agreed as they set off down the hill together, moving at a comfortable pace. Perhaps he shouldn’t have been- it was still early, after all- but he couldn’t help but feel bright and energetic. Least fitting of all was the huge feeling of optimism he felt as he trotted perkily through the grass, joking with Raffi. Really, their situation with the meat soup had no discernible benefits, even if there weren’t any obvious issues either- so far. Either way, he couldn’t help but feel positive with the fresh, sunny weather and his… friend. He wasn’t sure what else she might be to him, but he felt confident in that much at least.

In spite of all his positivity, however, when he caught sight of the little hut his mood fell slightly. He had entertained a secret hope that somehow the house would vanish again just as it had previously, that the fate he had seen for them would somehow vanish and let them just enjoy a respite amongst the hills. But no; he should have known better. The fates always got their way, in the end, whatever a card dragon might try to do to twist them. A full complement of card dragons could toy with the world as they wished, of course- or they would be able to if control over the power was at all feasible. Instead, the legends simply spoke of them creating unstoppable chaos wherever they might travel together. At times it seemed as if his powers didn’t do anything good for anyone.

That kind of thinking wouldn’t help him now, though. Trying to push aside his sudden gloom and return to his former cheer, Rokam turned to Raffi with yet another smile.
“Well… like you said, nothing to be gained from waiting, I s’pose. Shall we go in?”
Back to top Go down
Stormkatz
Stormkatz

Things that I am :
  • ME Meercat
  • DDC Dingo
  • "Nice Girl"
  • Troll
  • Medium Poster
  • Chatbox Spammer
  • Really Too Kind
  • Rebel of Rogue

PostSubject: Re: Arty} Just a case of girl meets boy... {Kat   Arty} Just a case of girl meets boy... {Kat - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat May 25, 2013 5:46 pm

Never stops calling… hah, that was funny. Raffi wasn’t sure why, but it made her smile. She kept pace with him down the hill, enjoying the morning air. The little hut wasn’t quite a pleasant sight when it came into view, but she was hopeful that the odd man inside was just, well, odd, rather than dangerous. They needn’t stay for long anyway – just give back to soup pot.

Raffi had a strange feeling as they reached the door – a kind of belittling feeling that they were always going to end up right there. It was gone in a second, and she blamed it on leftover weirdness from the shared vision, but it brought back the eerie feeling that the house had had the day before instantly. She took a deep breath, then turned to Rokam. He looked nervous too, which gave her a bit of confidence. “Yep, no time like the present and all that!” She chirped – more energetically than she had thought possible.

Raffi tapped the door with her nose, but the door was off the latch and swung open before she could knock properly. She looked at Rokam and shrugged, before taking a cautious step inside, looking around for the owner of the house.
Back to top Go down
Artemis
Artemis

Things that I am :
  • ME Meercat
  • SR Salamander
  • DDC Dingo
  • Alarmingly Excellent
  • Dragon Hoarder
  • Troll Fanatic
  • Medium Poster
  • Chatbox Spammer
  • Really Too Kind
  • Rebel of Rogue

PostSubject: Re: Arty} Just a case of girl meets boy... {Kat   Arty} Just a case of girl meets boy... {Kat - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 02, 2013 7:16 pm

Nodding with forced energy, Rokam followed Raffi towards the house, distinctly uncomfortable in the false enthusiasm they both seemed to be mustering. As the door swung open without resistance he felt a horrible sense of foreboding, but he pushed it aside and hurried in after Raffi, holding the door open with his tail as he moved to flank her. For a moment they stood side by side in silence, scanning the room- which was unchanged from the previous day, thankfully- for any sign of the old man.

After a second, Rokam received a shock as the weight of the pot suddenly vanished from his back and a hand slapped him heartily on his side; he spun round to come face to face with the man standing in the doorway.
“I’m so glad you brought this back!” he beamed, looking from Rokam to Raffi as if they were old friends. He slipped between them to hang the pot back on the ceiling, apparently unconcerned about cleaning it. While his back was turned, Rokam took a moment to shake his head, trying to clear it. The sensation of being taken completely by surprise like that was unfamiliar to him; usually his magic warned him of things like that beforehand, if not consciously then at least enough that he was never actually startled. His powers had obviously been working fine last night- so the only explanation was that the man’s cottage was doing something to him. He’d noticed it the day before, as well; his powers had seemed muffled somehow. He managed to throw Raffi a wary look just before the man spun round again and clapped his hands together cheerfully.
“So! I assume you’ve considered my offer?” The vial appeared in his grasp for a moment, reflecting a flash of light from its glassy black sides, before vanishing once more as he folded his hands before him.
Back to top Go down
Stormkatz
Stormkatz

Things that I am :
  • ME Meercat
  • DDC Dingo
  • "Nice Girl"
  • Troll
  • Medium Poster
  • Chatbox Spammer
  • Really Too Kind
  • Rebel of Rogue

PostSubject: Re: Arty} Just a case of girl meets boy... {Kat   Arty} Just a case of girl meets boy... {Kat - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 06, 2013 5:48 pm

Raffi nearly jumped out of her skin as the meat-soup man appeared out of nowhere to frisk the pot away. “Erm, you’re welcome..?” Raffi said, slightly uncomfortable with the sense of familiarity the man seemed to have with them. He was off again in a moment, whizzing around like a madman. Rokam looked uncomfortable, and Raffi could feel an odd heaviness to the atmosphere in the cottage like she had the day before, but then that curious potion was back, and there was no time to think about how the air felt funny.

“Considered it? Oh yes, we’ve thought about it lots.” Raffi said, almost trying to fill in time. Now that she had seen the odd bottle again, she wasn’t so sure about taking it. “I’m still not sure why you want us to have it…” she said slowly, peering sideways to see if it was still in his hands. She couldn’t see anything, so she could only assume that the odd man had hidden it again. She looked at Rokam carefully. She was convinced that the little house was more his area of expertise, what with the shared vision on the hill which had to have been amplified by something, and the weird feeling that she couldn’t put her paw on. Because of that, she didn’t want to agree to anything involving the meat-soup man without his agreement.
Back to top Go down
Artemis
Artemis

Things that I am :
  • ME Meercat
  • SR Salamander
  • DDC Dingo
  • Alarmingly Excellent
  • Dragon Hoarder
  • Troll Fanatic
  • Medium Poster
  • Chatbox Spammer
  • Really Too Kind
  • Rebel of Rogue

PostSubject: Re: Arty} Just a case of girl meets boy... {Kat   Arty} Just a case of girl meets boy... {Kat - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 29, 2013 1:28 pm

"Well now, that would be telling, wouldn't it!" The bizarre old man chortled for a moment, clearly delighted with himself, before straightening with a very serious expression. "But of course, everything must be balanced. If I lose one thing then I'll gain another in return, that's for sure. Likewise for yourself, young lady..." He suddenly leant over Raffi, eyes bulging maniacally. "Never fear, if something goes astray a replacement will be along soon enough!" Sighing and shaking his head, he retreated a few steps to lean on the counter. "But really... I'm no fool. Far from it, in fact. It's easy enough to see that you don't trust me. Good idea! I wouldn't trust me either! That in mind, is it really the best idea to leave something so powerful with me? You two aren't stupid; you could tell how strong that magic was..." Raising his eyebrows questioningly, he finally fell silent, leaving the dragons to think for a moment.

Frowning deeply, Rokam contemplated the man's words. There was obviously no point in denying what he had said; they didn't trust him, no. Yet how could they know what the magical object was? Perhaps this was the safest place for it, out of the way in the hills where nobody was likely to find and abuse it. That didn't protect it from the old man, though... And what was this he was saying about things being replaced and all that? Hadn't he mentioned an exchange before?
"What exactly would it be replaced with?" he asked in deep suspicion, looking back up at the man.

The only response he received was a tap of the nose. Frustrated, Rokam huffed and looked over to Raffi, his eyes clearly asking for her opinion.
Back to top Go down
Stormkatz
Stormkatz

Things that I am :
  • ME Meercat
  • DDC Dingo
  • "Nice Girl"
  • Troll
  • Medium Poster
  • Chatbox Spammer
  • Really Too Kind
  • Rebel of Rogue

PostSubject: Re: Arty} Just a case of girl meets boy... {Kat   Arty} Just a case of girl meets boy... {Kat - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 02, 2013 7:47 am

Raffi had no idea what the man was talking about, and truth be told she was a little alarmed by how much he was talking about losing things… she didn’t plan on losing anything any time soon! But they had tiptoed around him enough, and although her instincts told her that the magic potion was dangerous, she was curious about it. Plus she agreed that it was unlikely to be safe in the hands of the deranged meat-soup-man. Rokam didn’t seem confident about what to do, so she decided to take matters into her own paws.

Looking quickly to Rokam for support, she nodded. “Fine, we’ll take it then, if you’re so sure it shouldn’t be here.” It seemed suspicious how he was trying to tempt them to take it, but she had had enough of the odd game he was playing. She only liked games when she knew the rules, and this one didn’t seem to have any at all.

“Is that alright with you?” she checked at last, sitting herself down on the floorboards next to Rokam. “I mean, by the sounds of it we can always ‘replace’ it later if needs be…” It was a very complicated and twisty thing, that bottle, but it would certainly be interesting to figure out exactly what it was for.

Back to top Go down
Artemis
Artemis

Things that I am :
  • ME Meercat
  • SR Salamander
  • DDC Dingo
  • Alarmingly Excellent
  • Dragon Hoarder
  • Troll Fanatic
  • Medium Poster
  • Chatbox Spammer
  • Really Too Kind
  • Rebel of Rogue

PostSubject: Re: Arty} Just a case of girl meets boy... {Kat   Arty} Just a case of girl meets boy... {Kat - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 18, 2013 9:21 pm

Simply relieved that somebody else had made his decision for him, Rokam gave a fervent nod to Raffi, with a slightly nervous smile thrown in for good measure.
"Yes, we'll take it," he told the man warily when he had pulled his gaze away from her. With a little clap of his hands, the man advanced on them, beaming, and produced the vial once more with yet another flourish. He swooped in on them- without intending to, Rokam found himself cringing away slightly- and slotted the vial neatly into Rokam's mouth.
"There you are, then," he said merrily, backing away again. "I do so hope you enjoy it. Oh, yes!" He beamed, looking from one dragon to the other. Rokam gave a muffled sort of "hrmmmf" noise in what might have been agreement, before being distracted by the most bizarre feeling. It felt... almost as if something was being drained. From him? He couldn't tell; but something definitely felt off, some sense of foreboding. Frowning, he glanced around... and noticed another vial sitting on the counter next to the man. It looked just the same as the one he now held, minus the black coating and seemed perfectly innocent- except for a single tiny wisp of the same blue-and-yellow substance floating in its centre. Rokam felt a sudden lurch of nausea and horror, strong enough to almost send him staggering backwards. Eyes wide and panicked, he unceremoniously pawed open the pouch Raffi wore around her neck and spat the vial out into it, before nodding to the man.
"Thank you. We'll be off now, then!"

With urgent signals to Raffi to leave right then, he turned tail and practically ran out of the door, not even slowing till they had rounded a hill and the house was out of sight, the draining sensation weakened drastically. All the same, he didn't feel comfortable stopping completely, trotting onwards mindlessly and not even thinking to speak to Raffi in his alarm.
Back to top Go down
Stormkatz
Stormkatz

Things that I am :
  • ME Meercat
  • DDC Dingo
  • "Nice Girl"
  • Troll
  • Medium Poster
  • Chatbox Spammer
  • Really Too Kind
  • Rebel of Rogue

PostSubject: Re: Arty} Just a case of girl meets boy... {Kat   Arty} Just a case of girl meets boy... {Kat - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat Sep 21, 2013 9:52 pm

Raffi caught on about Rokam’s alarm very quickly, and helped him get the vial into her neck pouch when she realised what he was doing. “Yes, thanks for the potion… and the soup!” she called, before following Rokam out of the house. At first she walked calmly, but Rokam’s panic was contagious, and by the time she reached the door she was running.

She didn’t understand what had been so frightening about the potion, or the identical one on the shelf in that horrid little house, but there had been something. She wasn't even sure if the vial was safe around her neck. It took her a long time to properly catch up with Rokam, and by then she was panting hard, but when her breath began to return she just had to ask him about it. “Ro… what happened… back there?” she inquired, slowing to a walk by Rokam’s side. Her travelling companion still seemed restless, and she was worried about him.

“Rokam, we can stop now, he won’t catch up. It’s alright…” she said slowly, Rokam’s silence playing on her mind. She felt like she had missed a serious piece of the puzzle, and she was more sure than ever that this potion or whatever it was was specifically tailored to Ro.
Back to top Go down
Artemis
Artemis

Things that I am :
  • ME Meercat
  • SR Salamander
  • DDC Dingo
  • Alarmingly Excellent
  • Dragon Hoarder
  • Troll Fanatic
  • Medium Poster
  • Chatbox Spammer
  • Really Too Kind
  • Rebel of Rogue

PostSubject: Re: Arty} Just a case of girl meets boy... {Kat   Arty} Just a case of girl meets boy... {Kat - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat Sep 21, 2013 10:21 pm

As soon as Raffi spoke, Rokam gave a guilty start and skidded to a halt, not quite meeting her gaze.
"I'm sorry," he mumbled, abashed. "I just... panicked. As soon as he gave me the vial, I started to get this feeling like something was... trickling away? Or being sapped from me? And I felt really uneasy, as if I was about to get a bad vision... And then I noticed that bottle on the counter and I suddenly felt as if I had to get out right then." He gave a shudder, the motion rippling along his spine like a cat and ending with a flick of his tail. "Anyway... maybe we should have a look at this vial, see if we can open it maybe." Though he wasn't sure what would happen if they did; after what he had felt, he had horrible suspicions about what the little glass bottle might contain. He didn't really understand what had been happening, but he had no doubt that whatever the substance was, it had been taken from another card dragon who didn't know what they were getting themselves into. And he couldn't figure out if that awful sensation had completely gone away or if he still felt a tiny residual trickle; was his mind playing tricks on him in his anxiety or had distance not halted the process- just slowed it?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Arty} Just a case of girl meets boy... {Kat   Arty} Just a case of girl meets boy... {Kat - Page 4 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Arty} Just a case of girl meets boy... {Kat
Page 4 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next