Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Just some random~{Tricky, Lasting, Spirit}~people and dragons

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Spiritdragon
Spiritdragon

Things that I am :
  • ME Meercat
  • DDC Dingo
  • Dragon Hoarder
  • Gold Hoarder
  • Medium Poster
  • Chatbox Spammer
  • Really Too Kind

Female Loveliness : 2

Just some random~{Tricky, Lasting, Spirit}~people and dragons Empty
PostSubject: Just some random~{Tricky, Lasting, Spirit}~people and dragons   Just some random~{Tricky, Lasting, Spirit}~people and dragons Icon_minitimeThu Jan 12, 2012 2:51 am

Setting: A peaceful countryside. There is a stand of trees not far from a large pond, all of them surrounded by rolling hills. On the other side of some of the hills is a winding road, leading to nowhere in particular and originating from the same place. Not too far away are some villages and a small town, but they are distant enough that the area is tranquil and uninhabited.

Plot: None at the moment! Feel free to throw some stuff in as you see fit.

Though the woman was rapidly becoming used to riding upon her dragon, she still clung to Taya's green and white fur with tightly clenched fists as they soared over the land, looking for the next place to spend a few days. As it turned out, they seemed to have wandered deep into the boonies, and now there were no large cities or towns to be found. Which actually suited them to a certain extent, for Dawn did not like large groups of people. In fact, if she ended up in a crowd the woman would slowly begin to tense up until she thought of everyone as a threat and had to step away from everyone until she calmed down. Granted that was getting better now that she had Taya, but still.

As though the Antler knew she was being thought of, Taya glanced back at her rider curiously. "Should we land soon?" Dawn nodded silently, for the last time she had attempted to speak a bug had soared into her mouth, and that was an experience that she did not want to have again. Taya angled her wings, drifting down towards a pond sitting beside a stand of trees. It seemed to be nice enough, and would allow her to get a bath, which would hopefully remove the last streaks of soot from her fur. Granted it had been a while since the fire, but the black strips were remarkably persistent.

Once they had landed and Dawn had dismounted, she stood by the edge of the water, watching her dragon frolic in the center of the pond, throwing water in all directions and making waves lap at Dawn's boots. After a few moments she managed to turn away and head over to the trees, sitting down with her back against one, providing herself with a good view of their surroundings and Taya. As long as she did not feel left behind Dawn was fine. And besides that, she really could manage without her dragon, but Taya made everything seem simpler. After all, who would face a dragon? By herself Dawn was weak and mostly powerless. Even her shapeshifting power would not help her. But with Taya... that was different. And so she was comfortable relaxing beside the tree, enjoying the scenery.

Back to top Go down
lastinginthenight
Experienced Roleplayer
lastinginthenight

Things that I am :
  • Really Too Kind

Female Loveliness : 1

PostSubject: Re: Just some random~{Tricky, Lasting, Spirit}~people and dragons   Just some random~{Tricky, Lasting, Spirit}~people and dragons Icon_minitimeThu Jan 12, 2012 3:09 am

Alistar groaned and dragged himself up to the top of a hill in view of a pond though he didn't really notice it with his barely half open eyes. Once there he tucked in his wings so he could roll onto his back before letting them splay open wide to sun himself in the noon sun. His bright blue, lightning like understand stood out like a sore thumb against the green of the grass but at the moment he didn't care he just wanted to suck in the heat from the sun which he did with an almost unnecessarily loud huff letting a few sparks of electricity escape his maw.

He really didn't even notice other were around until he heard the sound of splashing water coming from the direction of the pond. With one bleary eye he glanced at the pond to satisfy his curiosity but only found himself more curious when he spotted a human not far from where the other dragon was relaxing. He shifted his head to stare at them but didn't make any other move to get up, he didn't really want to bother at the moment maybe in a few minutes he would debate it.
Back to top Go down
http://dc-graphics.weebly.com

PostSubject: Re: Just some random~{Tricky, Lasting, Spirit}~people and dragons   Just some random~{Tricky, Lasting, Spirit}~people and dragons Icon_minitimeThu Jan 12, 2012 3:22 am

She was sure that she'd had a reason for crying just a few moments ago, but Jame couldn't remember what it was. She found herself nestled into the roots of a tree. Blood stained her hands and the front of her shirt. Her feet hurt, she recognized that as a sign she'd been running. She stared at the blood on her hands. She remembered that it caused trouble; that she should wash it off. She looked around, wondering where it could have come from. Blood came from towns, but all she saw were trees and hills.
With a sigh of relief, the girl stood. She walked next to the path, away from the body she had forgotten was behind her.
It didn't take long for her to smell the scent of the pond, hear the splashing. The sound crashed onto her ears. She knew that only something big could make such a loud sound. She moved carefully, slowly, watching for any fallen leaves or twigs and sidestepping them. She hid behind a tree when she spotted the dragon and covered her mouth - smearing blood onto her face - to stifle a surprised gasp.
Back to top Go down
Spiritdragon
Spiritdragon

Things that I am :
  • ME Meercat
  • DDC Dingo
  • Dragon Hoarder
  • Gold Hoarder
  • Medium Poster
  • Chatbox Spammer
  • Really Too Kind

PostSubject: Re: Just some random~{Tricky, Lasting, Spirit}~people and dragons   Just some random~{Tricky, Lasting, Spirit}~people and dragons Icon_minitimeFri Jan 13, 2012 9:00 pm

Taya suddenly paused in the middle of the lake and stood up straight, water cascading off of her while she looked around warily, certain that she had heard something. Whether she had or not was uncertain, but she did quickly spot another dragon not too far away, laying on its back on one of the hills. The Antler glanced towards her rider, who had sat up as soon as Taya went on alert, afraid that something was sneaking up on them. Taya was not entirely certain whether the dragon meant them any harm or not, but certainly they would have been attacked by now if they were going to be. So for now Taya was merely vaguely distrustful, though her rider was still quite afraid.

However just as Taya was about to call out to the newcomer, the wind shifted, bringing a new scent to her nostrils. That of blood. Taya was out of the pond in an instant and at her rider's side, knowing that it would only make the woman's fear worse, especially since she could not tell why the Antler had done it. "Something else is out there," Taya explained softly. "Either a battle has taken place nearby or there has been a recent kill or perhaps someone is injured. I am not certain which is the case, but we must be wary."

Dawn nodded shortly, keeping an eye on the strange dragon, for it was the only thing she could see around them. However Taya was looking into the forest, trying to figure out what was there. What was causing the scent. "If there is anyone in there, come out now," she called, tail swishing from side to side slowly. Dawn, on the other hand, waved at the dragon on the hill, not wanting them to seem a threat. She knew well enough that such a thing would only lead to trouble.

"Greetings to you on this fine day," she called out, attempting to sound braver than she felt and failing miserably. Still, Taya was with her, and the presence of her dragon always calmed Dawn and made her bolder. At least her arms were mostly healed, though the skin was still tender so she was forced to keep them wrapped up still. Her shoulder ached more than anything else, due to the fact that it had been struck by a falling timber. At least it was not burned as well. But at any rate, she could not fight under normal conditions, and trying to do so now would hardly put her at an advantage. So naturally she hoped for the whole thing to go peacefully.

Back to top Go down
lastinginthenight
Experienced Roleplayer
lastinginthenight

Things that I am :
  • Really Too Kind

PostSubject: Re: Just some random~{Tricky, Lasting, Spirit}~people and dragons   Just some random~{Tricky, Lasting, Spirit}~people and dragons Icon_minitimeFri Jan 13, 2012 9:17 pm

Alistar cocked his head as the antler dragon lurched out of the river at an alarming rate. Watching the human who he assumed was the antlers rider wave he rolled back onto his belly so he could properly dip his head letting the human know he had seen their wave.

It was then that he caught the sent of blood and his gaze shifted to the forest. Grunting he got to his feet before spreading his wings and lifting into the air with a few powerful downward strokes. Quickly he brought himself over the stand of trees glaring at them in a futile hope that they would separate and reveal the source of the scent. With a huff that sent a few sparks crackling above his nostrils he once again gave a hard downward stoke lifting higher into the air away from the pair not bothering to make conversation until he was at a comfortable coasting distance where he started to circle above the trees not really wanting to stay but not really being able to leave till his curiosity was satisfied.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Just some random~{Tricky, Lasting, Spirit}~people and dragons   Just some random~{Tricky, Lasting, Spirit}~people and dragons Icon_minitimeSat Jan 14, 2012 5:09 am

Jame's whole body was racked with fear when she realized the dragons had smelled the blood. She sank down to the grass, trying to press herself as close as she could to the tree. The thought of running away crossed her mind, but she knew that danger was in the direction she had come from. When one of the dragons called out, she wondered if she should obey it. Would it be more likely to eat her if she came out as asked or if she stayed hidden?
A shriek escaped her when she heard the sound of wing beats and realized the other dragon had taken to the air. She pressed her hands over her head and bit her lip to keep herself from shrieking again. She hoped that the leaves were thick enough to hide her from the air. Her feet scrambled to shove her further into the tree. It was proving harder than she would have liked to stifle the whimpers that kept emitting from her throat.
Back to top Go down
Spiritdragon
Spiritdragon

Things that I am :
  • ME Meercat
  • DDC Dingo
  • Dragon Hoarder
  • Gold Hoarder
  • Medium Poster
  • Chatbox Spammer
  • Really Too Kind

PostSubject: Re: Just some random~{Tricky, Lasting, Spirit}~people and dragons   Just some random~{Tricky, Lasting, Spirit}~people and dragons Icon_minitimeTue Jan 17, 2012 1:30 am

Taya payed no attention to the other dragon, even when it flew over them, so focused was she upon the forest. In fact, she barely even noticed the other dragon, though she knew he was there. Something was going on, and neither dragon nor rider was certain as to what it was. "Come out," the Antler called again, when no response was forthcoming. "We will not hurt you unless you attack us." Which was entirely true. They did not need to start a fight, nor were they going to, but if it came down to that then they both knew how to. Of course, Dawn would have to rely on Taya for the most part, which they also both knew. And so did anyone who stayed around them for more than a few minutes.

Dawn, on the other hand, was watching the other dragon intently. After all, he was the only thing she could see, and since her sense of smell was not good enough to detect the blood that Taya had, she was at a loss for anything else to do. At least until the shriek reached her ears, and Taya too locked upon the direction it had come from. "Do you need help?" the Antler called out, not really willing to go into the trees until she knew what was going on. After all, she could not take off from in there. Better to stay out in the open where she could grab Dawn and fly away should things get too dangerous.

Why on earth do we always end up getting into situations like this, Taya wondered, shifting her weight from side to side slightly while she waited. Honestly getting stuck in a fire was bad enough but now this... really. One of us has the worst luck on earth, she decided, and since she had done well enough on her own the Antler was beginning to believe that it was her rider. Well, good thing Dawn has me then, Taya decided, still listening intently.

Back to top Go down
lastinginthenight
Experienced Roleplayer
lastinginthenight

Things that I am :
  • Really Too Kind

PostSubject: Re: Just some random~{Tricky, Lasting, Spirit}~people and dragons   Just some random~{Tricky, Lasting, Spirit}~people and dragons Icon_minitimeTue Jan 17, 2012 1:53 am

Alistar sighed when she heard the sound of a screech had emmitted from the forest not long after he had flown over it. 'Whoever was in there was must be a coward' he thought to himself and arched his back flipping over himself and into a dive towards the water of the lake.

After only a few seconds in the dive he spread his wings to slowely and relatively quietly alight on the ground next to the pair. Though not knowing how the pair would react if he alighted next to the fragile looking human he made sure to land on the opposite side of the antler dragon.

"Any ideas on whats in there?" He asked folding his wings close to his body his eyes not leaving the forest before him. his head went up ever so slightly when a sudden thought hit him, and he shifted his gaze quickly to the pair, "Names Alistar by the way." he said shortly before looking back to the trees with a huff.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Just some random~{Tricky, Lasting, Spirit}~people and dragons   Just some random~{Tricky, Lasting, Spirit}~people and dragons Icon_minitimeTue Jan 17, 2012 2:22 am

With a deep breath, Jame made an attempt to compose herself. A thousand voices reasoned with her. A dragon would never be able to hurt her. Maybe it would be fun. You could make new friends. And then we would be able to meet your new friends. And then we will have lots of fun. Don't you want that? Don't you want us to meet your friends?
She nodded and hummed in agreement. But as she pressed her hand against the ground to push herself up, the blood pulled and stuck to the ground, reminding her of its existence. She looked at it for a moment.
It would be trouble, she thought. She always got in trouble because of this stuff.
She stepped carefully out from behind the tree. "Honest, I don't know what happened. I was going to get rid of it. Please don't eat me."
Back to top Go down
Spiritdragon
Spiritdragon

Things that I am :
  • ME Meercat
  • DDC Dingo
  • Dragon Hoarder
  • Gold Hoarder
  • Medium Poster
  • Chatbox Spammer
  • Really Too Kind

PostSubject: Re: Just some random~{Tricky, Lasting, Spirit}~people and dragons   Just some random~{Tricky, Lasting, Spirit}~people and dragons Icon_minitimeSun Jan 22, 2012 1:32 am

Taya turned her attention upon the other dragon as he landed next to her, not entirely certain what to make of him. However he seemed to be just as interested in the forest as they were, so she doubted that he had caused the scent of blood. For now the Antler decided to trust him. As Dawn turned her attention upon the forest her dragon responded with a shrug, "No, I do not have any idea unfortunately. Things like this make me nervous." And not because she was worried about a fight breaking out, the Antler knew how to handle herself. If nothing else she could always fly away. No, she was worried about her rider getting hurt somehow, for never had she met a woman more prone to getting hurt than Dawn was. And besides that she was already wounded.

However Taya's attention was drawn to the woman who stepped out from behind the tree, looking her over in curiosity. "What happened to you?" she asked warily, still not entirely sure what was going on. Dawn was not going to question her, that was certain, so Taya decided to start the conversation. "Do you need help?

Back to top Go down
lastinginthenight
Experienced Roleplayer
lastinginthenight

Things that I am :
  • Really Too Kind

PostSubject: Re: Just some random~{Tricky, Lasting, Spirit}~people and dragons   Just some random~{Tricky, Lasting, Spirit}~people and dragons Icon_minitimeMon Jan 23, 2012 9:08 pm

Alistar snorted not looking at the pair, "That a dragon would pair up with such a fragile thing is still a mystery to me but one for a later date I guess." He muttered cocking his head as the human emerged from the forest covered in blood. Stepping closer he sniffed the blood on the female's hand almost touching it with his nostril he then sniffed a part of the girl that wasn't drenched in the red liquid. He curled his snout slightly and backed up spreading his wings just a bit defensively, "I don't think it's hers." he growled. The blood on her hands didn't seem to be coming from anywhere on the humans' body from what he could see an that meant that something still in the forest was either bleeding badly or dead, and he didn't like either prospect.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Just some random~{Tricky, Lasting, Spirit}~people and dragons   Just some random~{Tricky, Lasting, Spirit}~people and dragons Icon_minitimeWed Jan 25, 2012 11:09 pm

Jame's eyes widened and her entire body stiffened when he reached his nose out to sniff her. Her eyes glanced to the other dragon, who had a decidedly more concerned look in her eyes, when she spoke. She couldn't quite decide how to reply for a moment and her mouth hung open before she finally opted to shake her head no. They won't harm you. You know we wouldn't allow them to. The voices spoke with fluidity and ease, calming her with their familiarity and gentle hisses.
She felt able to speak. "Nothing is wrong." She felt the blood crack - drying out on her hand - and blinked once in surprise. She'd forgotten it was there. "I need to clean." Her head dipped as she added the words, as if trying to retreat into her torso as she began to step to the side, attempting to go around the dragons to get to the water beyond.
Back to top Go down
Spiritdragon
Spiritdragon

Things that I am :
  • ME Meercat
  • DDC Dingo
  • Dragon Hoarder
  • Gold Hoarder
  • Medium Poster
  • Chatbox Spammer
  • Really Too Kind

PostSubject: Re: Just some random~{Tricky, Lasting, Spirit}~people and dragons   Just some random~{Tricky, Lasting, Spirit}~people and dragons Icon_minitimeThu Feb 02, 2012 12:53 am

Taya snarled at the dragon's comment but said nothing to him, more distracted by the appearance of the girl. Upon the revelation that the blood was not even hers Taya watched the human warily, wondering what had happened. However this woman did not seem to be the killing type, if her distant expression and slack jaw was anything to go by. Then again, perhaps she was insane, which could explain things. "What happened?" Taya asked, lowering her head so that she could still kind of see the woman's eyes. "And what is your name?"

Dawn wanted to help the woman but she understood Taya's concern and waited patiently for her to settle her fears. After all, if the woman really was not bleeding then her only problems were psychological, or so it seemed. That and the obvious problem of what or who had been the original owner of the blood that now coated her.

Back to top Go down
lastinginthenight
Experienced Roleplayer
lastinginthenight

Things that I am :
  • Really Too Kind

PostSubject: Re: Just some random~{Tricky, Lasting, Spirit}~people and dragons   Just some random~{Tricky, Lasting, Spirit}~people and dragons Icon_minitimeFri Jun 08, 2012 4:46 pm

Alistair shifted to the side out of the way of the girl his lip still curled slightly. He folded his wings and lifted his head away from the girl giving her access to the water. He looked back into the forest trying to see into the darkness. He sniffed again hoping to catch a scent though the smell of damp dirt and decaying leaves of the forest muddled anything he could catch, but he wasn't really made for searching for anything by scent anyway. Snorting with a slightly frustrated air, letting out a few more sparks of lightning, he backs back up deciding to focus on the girl interested in hearing her answers to the other dragons questions as well. Something had caused the blood and it wasn’t the girl’s body, so it had to be someone or thing else.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Just some random~{Tricky, Lasting, Spirit}~people and dragons   Just some random~{Tricky, Lasting, Spirit}~people and dragons Icon_minitimeSat Jul 21, 2012 3:21 am

Jame knelt on the bank of the pond and dipped her hands in, shuddering as she grew used to the coldness of the water. Her eyes wavered between the two dragons before settling on the female Antler. For a moment, she mulled over the questions silently. A smile broke out on her face. "My name? Really? You really want to know my name?" Her eyes lit up and only the desire to remove the blood from her hands kept her from running up to the dragon and hugging her neck. "I have never been asked that before. I am Jame."
Her hands now clean, she scooped up a few handfuls to drink before standing, still facing the group; still smiling wide.
Back to top Go down
Spiritdragon
Spiritdragon

Things that I am :
  • ME Meercat
  • DDC Dingo
  • Dragon Hoarder
  • Gold Hoarder
  • Medium Poster
  • Chatbox Spammer
  • Really Too Kind

PostSubject: Re: Just some random~{Tricky, Lasting, Spirit}~people and dragons   Just some random~{Tricky, Lasting, Spirit}~people and dragons Icon_minitimeTue Jul 24, 2012 1:54 am

Interesting girl... Taya thought a little warily. perhaps she got little to no interaction with other people, or she had dealt with some terrible people before. Either way she seemed incredibly surprised that they had asked what her name was and seemed to be showing an interest in her. Well, that was fine, she could work with that. Goodness knows Dawn had not been very open with her when they first met. It had been difficult to get the girl to open up. And since the other dragon did not look all that friendly Taya felt like it fell upon her to get information out of the girl. They clearly needed it desperately.

"Of course we want to know your name little one," Taya replied gently, lowering her head slightly so that she could get a proper look at the girl while still keeping an eye on Alistair. She was not sure if he could be trusted yet and so was still a little wary of him. "I am Taya, and this is my rider Dawn," she said, realizing that she had forgotten to reply to Alistair's introduction before and feeling rather sheepish and guilty. That was certainly not the right way to start a conversation, especially since he had initiated it. Oops. perhaps she could apologize later.

"Where did you come from?" Dawn asked Jame, hoping she would be able to tell them something about herself now that she seemed to be opening up a little. Since Dawn was handling the girl for the moment Taya turned to Alistair, looking into the forest as well.
"Figure anything out?" she asked, hoping that he had. Otherwise they might be in serious trouble and not even know it. Perhaps the whole thing was a setup designed to trap people. It would certainly make sense, and Taya did not want to get mixed up in something like that. Better safe than sorry to be sure.

Back to top Go down
lastinginthenight
Experienced Roleplayer
lastinginthenight

Things that I am :
  • Really Too Kind

PostSubject: Re: Just some random~{Tricky, Lasting, Spirit}~people and dragons   Just some random~{Tricky, Lasting, Spirit}~people and dragons Icon_minitimeWed Aug 22, 2012 4:26 pm

Alistair shook his head lifting it and snorting glaring at the forest, accusingly. "Nice to meet you, but no, I can't get a damn thing from the forest. My nose isn't fit for tracking. Sure I can smell blood, but can't tell anything else. I hunt with my eyes from above. Not on the damn ground." He mumbled frustrated with his inability to figure out where the blood had come from. He took a few steps towards the forest before stopping and looking at the pair the anger in his eyes vanishing, "Will you guys be okay out here, with Jame?" He asked motioning his head towards the girl. "I think I'm going to go in. I'm pretty quick on my feet, and if anything goes wrong I can always send up some lightning." He mentioned edging closer to the edge of his forest shifting his wings tighter to his back slightly nervous. Both for himself and for the pair here, though he didn't really know them all that well, and they probably didn't trust him.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Just some random~{Tricky, Lasting, Spirit}~people and dragons   Just some random~{Tricky, Lasting, Spirit}~people and dragons Icon_minitimeThu Sep 20, 2012 11:46 pm

Jame turned to Dawn as she began speaking. She tilted her head at the question and looked around them. "Came from?" She put a hand to her chin and let out a long hum. "Over those hills." She turned and pointed across the pond, into the darkness of the forest. A smile crossed her face once more. "This forest is very pretty. Have you seen the flowers that grow outside the town, near the edge of it? They must be eating people to grow as big as they are!" She let out a laugh, twirling around with her arms spread wide. "I think I will stay here for - "
That would not be wise, a thousand voices hissed in her ear. A memory, the smell of blood, ghosted across her nose.
She planted both feet on the ground firmly once more, facing Dawn with wide eyes. "Unless this is your forest!" She drew her arms in close to her chest. "I am sorry."
Back to top Go down
Spiritdragon
Spiritdragon

Things that I am :
  • ME Meercat
  • DDC Dingo
  • Dragon Hoarder
  • Gold Hoarder
  • Medium Poster
  • Chatbox Spammer
  • Really Too Kind

PostSubject: Re: Just some random~{Tricky, Lasting, Spirit}~people and dragons   Just some random~{Tricky, Lasting, Spirit}~people and dragons Icon_minitimeSun Sep 23, 2012 2:06 am

"Same here," Taya replied. The scent of blood was washing everything else out the more she sniffed the air, and she didn't have any experience with tracking either. "We need a wolf dragon or something like that out here," she commented, her nose twitching as she hoped to get a scent of fresh air. The antler dragon looked back at the pair of women behind her, tilting her head to one side slightly as she considered things. "I can take care of my rider if Jame proves to be dangerous, which I doubt she will. So go ahead, but do be careful. I do not like the looks of things." If something went wrong Taya didn't want to leave Jame and Dawn behind while she went to rescue him, though she would. There was no way she would take the two of them into danger. Better to hope that things went all right.

"Over those hills..." Dawn repeated, searching her mind for any memories of this place that she might have. None magically implanted themselves into her mind so she was forced to ask another question. "From a city or something or have you always lived out here?" Perhaps she simply did not remember. Dawn would not have been that surprised by it honestly, Jame looked like she had been through a nightmare. "I haven't seen the flowers," Dawn replied, a little relieved to learn that there actually was a town nearby. "And I certainly hope that they are not eating humans!" If they were they had bigger problems.

"No, it isn't our forest, no need to be sorry," Dawn replied hastily, startled by Jame's sudden mood swing. It was odd to say the least, but she didn't question it. What right did she have to do so? "But I would let us check this forest out before you decide to live here," she added, seeing Alistair heading out to do so and hoping that he would be all right. "There might be something dangerous in there after all."

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Just some random~{Tricky, Lasting, Spirit}~people and dragons   Just some random~{Tricky, Lasting, Spirit}~people and dragons Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Just some random~{Tricky, Lasting, Spirit}~people and dragons
Page 1 of 1