Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

(C3, Yarrowitz) A Greeting from the Guardians ~ The People of Yarrowitz (16th Board)

Go down 
+3
Monty
Eldarwen
Zay
7 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Echo
Experienced Roleplayer
Echo

Things that I am :
  • Dragon Hoarder
  • Short Poster
  • Platypus
  • Chatbox Spammer
  • Rebel of Rogue

Male Loveliness : 14

(C3, Yarrowitz) A Greeting from the Guardians ~ The People of Yarrowitz (16th Board) - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: (C3, Yarrowitz) A Greeting from the Guardians ~ The People of Yarrowitz (16th Board)   (C3, Yarrowitz) A Greeting from the Guardians ~ The People of Yarrowitz (16th Board) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 07, 2012 3:48 am

Joul stopped dead in his tracks when Lillen shouted after him, having very little spine to call his own. Running off on his own was enough to tip anyone even remotely acquainted with him that something was amiss, and with the time he and Lillen spent together, well... he wasn't surprised she was coming after her. He began wringing his hands, shoulders hunched, as he tried to think up an explanation which could offer him enough time to nab a feather.

"Please, let me do this...." He muttered, trying to not face her. "It's important...." But what else could he say? The food in this area wasn't particularly good, and they had just left from getting their fill at a baker's. And he couldn't just say "I'm going to go grab the feather of a dragon for you," because that would ruin the surprise. So much stress....

“Okay, listen.” He finally said, taking her hands in his once again. “This is something that’s really important for me, so could you please let me do this? It will only take five minutes.” He offered weak smile, hoping this could convince her. He wasn’t hoping hard.”
Back to top Go down
Eldarwen
Admin
Eldarwen

Things that I am :
  • Alarmingly Excellent
  • Minion of Monty
  • Thrall of Zay

Female Loveliness : 68

(C3, Yarrowitz) A Greeting from the Guardians ~ The People of Yarrowitz (16th Board) - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: (C3, Yarrowitz) A Greeting from the Guardians ~ The People of Yarrowitz (16th Board)   (C3, Yarrowitz) A Greeting from the Guardians ~ The People of Yarrowitz (16th Board) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 22, 2012 12:55 pm

As calm and composed as Sebantais usually was, he was having a very hard time trying to keep himself from flat-out yelling at the humans in front of him. It probably wouldn’t even bear any fruit and would only lead to them going deaf with the noise.

As it was, it was Jobin’s good fortune that Elai had some more sense in that little human brain of theirs, otherwise he might have been one head shorter. It was unbelievable how much this handful of humans managed to unsettled the Guardians.
He had a mind of telling them that if this is all a council had to offer then they were not worthy of such a noble position, but instead, he said nothing. It had suddenly occurred to him that maybe this was worse than they had initially thought, and his thoughts went out to their brethren who were in Didienne. Hopefully they would have more luck.

Brushing his wing lightly against Vitreasa’s in an attempt to calm both of them, he added: “I would suggest to just leave you to your own devices and see where it will take you once the rebels come up north but that would make us irresponsible in our duties. As far as the raiding dragons are concerned, we know of their existence but isn’t it a bit easy to just blame everything that has gone wrong lately on them? They might be severely extreme but they’re fighting for their own beliefs, whether we approve of those means or not. I would advise you not to bury your heads in the sand, otherwise you might one day wake up and realise that your city is no longer standing.”

Looking away from the humans briefly to consider the small lifeblood and to give himself a small break, Sebantais inclined his head in thanks. “Healers will be much needed if this escalates any further. And seeing that people are refusing to believe us, it will only be a matter of time before the worst will happen.”

As the next councilor spoke up, Sebantais listened carefully, mulling things over briefly before replying. “You may be right,” he agreed. “But do not think that you are incapable of doing what we ask of you. If we did not have every confidence in your artisan skills, we would not have come to seek your help. Your blacksmiths will learn quickly how to modify their ways of working the materials so that the armour and weapon will hold out for war. And they will receive all the help they can get. As for the populace, I will leave it to your capable hands to devise the best plans for food production. In that respect, you know best how to make it work. Get to planning quickly and work swiftly. Do the best you can, though I wouldn’t expect any less of you. I will leave some Elites with you for protection and help.”

Sebantais felt a little foolish speaking to them like this, but if this was the only way to get them to cooperate and do what they asked without having to order them to do it, so be it. He was willing to sacrifice a part of his dignity if it was for the greater good of Dragons’ Cove.
Back to top Go down
Monty
Admin
Monty

Female Loveliness : 11

PostSubject: Re: (C3, Yarrowitz) A Greeting from the Guardians ~ The People of Yarrowitz (16th Board)   (C3, Yarrowitz) A Greeting from the Guardians ~ The People of Yarrowitz (16th Board) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 09, 2012 4:27 pm

Vitreasa literally had to bite her mouth shut to force herself from retaliating to Jobin’s words. However, her anger only escalated as she felt her fangs almost pierce into her skin. She knew arguing wasn’t going to get them anywhere, but so far they weren’t getting anywhere anyway. At least all of the Councillors weren’t being as hostile to the idea as him, as Elai showed. To which she was thankful.
She seemed to settle slightly however as Sebantais’ brushed his wing alongside her. Reminding her that she wasn’t alone in this argument, and that she should perhaps calm down. They were Guardians after all, known to keep peace rather than pressurising people into decisions that understandably, needed time for thought.

“When war is on our doorstep, I mean no offence when I say we would rather have your time spent crafting better armour and better weapons than providing food. As you say, the crafting halls are the finest in all the lands, so in making a few alterations I’m sure your weaponry will match that status. Do not put yourselves down before you have even tried. We don’t want you to fulfil our expectations, we merely want you on our side when we try to put an end to this war.”
Back to top Go down
https://dragonscove.darkbb.com
Aero
Aero

Things that I am :
  • ME Meercat
  • Alarmingly Excellent
  • Dragon Hoarder
  • Gold Hoarder
  • Troll
  • Medium Poster
  • Chatbox Spammer
  • Rebel of Rogue

Female Loveliness : 25

PostSubject: Re: (C3, Yarrowitz) A Greeting from the Guardians ~ The People of Yarrowitz (16th Board)   (C3, Yarrowitz) A Greeting from the Guardians ~ The People of Yarrowitz (16th Board) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 25, 2012 6:13 am

If Elai hadn't known any better, he would have thought that Sebantias had just threatened the city. The message was clear; do what we ask, or we'll leave you to your fates. That, more than anything, suddenly made him aware that the situation was as dire as they were making it out to be. Empty threats were one thing, but his sense for politics was screaming that this was not an empty threat. "Then Guardians, count Yarrowitz among your allies." He declared, much to Jobin's great disappointment.

"The crafters are not going to be happy." He heard Calant mutter under his breath. Jobin was already not happy with the arrangements.

"Our master of Trade will draft up the agreement to be posed to the other cities that you intend for us to aid. But first I want a promise from you." He paused briefly, collecting his thoughts before he started down this path. "As you've said, our city has the greatest craft halls in the land. We've the resources to arm and feed your army. So when this war breaks, as you promise it shall, I want the safety of my people to be a top priority. If these… invaders take Yarrowitz, then they could easily turn our crafters to their cause. We are not fighters. The Academy and the home base of the Elites are a far cry from here, and if the invaders break through the forest, then I fear we will be lost to you, if not all together. So what can you say, Guardians? Can you make the promise to protect Yarrowitz?"
Back to top Go down
http://seroph.deviantart.com/
Eldarwen
Admin
Eldarwen

Things that I am :
  • Alarmingly Excellent
  • Minion of Monty
  • Thrall of Zay

Female Loveliness : 68

PostSubject: Re: (C3, Yarrowitz) A Greeting from the Guardians ~ The People of Yarrowitz (16th Board)   (C3, Yarrowitz) A Greeting from the Guardians ~ The People of Yarrowitz (16th Board) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 25, 2012 10:38 pm

Lola felt a huge rock tumble off her heart when the council finally agreed to the Guardians’ terms. It was about time. She could of course understand their reluctance. They had never seen war, had never participated in it, had never even believed that it could happen to them. She herself had trouble wrapping her head around this notion but she had also been trained for such an eventuality, whereas the biggest problems the people of Yarrowitz and its surroundings had ever had were disputes amongst neighbours and traders who didn’t want to agree to certain terms that had never ever been life threatening or even particularly dangerous.

Looking at Zykolos, the antler dragon wondered what her fellow Elite might be feeling, though she guessed it would be something along the same lines. Maybe also coupled with the same fear Lola was experiencing. After all, they were Elites. If anyone had to be fighting in the front rows, it would be them.

As soon as the words had left Elai’s lips, Sebantais was relieved. He hadn’t wanted to threaten the city but apparently it had done the trick in reminding them who was assuring their safety. He glared at Jobin as the man muttered but he didn’t pay him any attention. If he ever opposed the Guardians again, Sebantais would deal with him, but much differently that time. Though he hoped it would not come to this.

The fact that Elai made an open request to the Guardians stirred something inside Sebantais, which he wasn’t sure should be labelled as annoyance or pride. Maybe it was a little of both considering the conversation they had just had, but more than anything the emerald dragon was glad that Yarrowitz was still seeking the protection of the Guardians.
“I promise you that we will do everything within our power to not only protect your people but also your city. However, I must remind you that we cannot be everywhere at once. Elites will remain in this city as constant protection, not only because we are in need of your support but also because, as you’ve said, you are slightly cut off from the rest of the island. If it should so happen that the enemy is advancing towards Yarrowitz, then we will do our best to assure the safety of your people, even if we have to move all of them. I hope this is acceptable to you. I cannot give you an absolute guarantee in times of war, it simply is not possible.”

Brushing his wings lightly against Vitreasa’s once more, he added with a slight nod: “The Guardians thank you for your help and appreciate your support. It shall not be forgotten.”

Back to top Go down
Spiritdragon
Spiritdragon

Things that I am :
  • ME Meercat
  • DDC Dingo
  • Dragon Hoarder
  • Gold Hoarder
  • Medium Poster
  • Chatbox Spammer
  • Really Too Kind

Female Loveliness : 2

PostSubject: Re: (C3, Yarrowitz) A Greeting from the Guardians ~ The People of Yarrowitz (16th Board)   (C3, Yarrowitz) A Greeting from the Guardians ~ The People of Yarrowitz (16th Board) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 28, 2012 1:43 am

It was unthinkable, that anyone would turn down a Guardian, but Sarka realized the council before her was considering doing just that. What would happen to them if they did? She didn't think the Guardians would take it upon themselves to destroy the city, not outright anyway, but that was probably what would happen if they refused to agree to help. Could one city stand on its own against an army or whatever was coming without help? Sarka didn't think so, humans were so very fragile after all, but perhaps they were stronger than she thought? No, it couldn't be. Fortunately she was distracted by Sebantais and nodded in return, accepting and committing his words to memory. What was she to do now though? Should she stay in Yarrowitz? Certainly not if they weren't going to agree to help the Guardians!

Forget the crafters she thought irritably, though nonetheless relieved that they had agreed to the terms. It shouldn't have been such a struggle to reach that agreement. Was this what the cove was coming to? Equally as disturbing was the report of a group of dragons causing trouble not too far away. Shouldn't they do something about that as well? Granted humans could be incredibly annoying and they were intruding upon their homeland, but that didn't mean they needed to start a war with them! If anything else we should just rule them she thought haughtily, watching silently as people spoke, knowing this was not her place to say anything considering she didn't live here and wasn't a Guardian.

Contrary to popular belief of those who knew her, she did know when to keep her mouth shut.

It did sound as though she should probably stay in the city unless they started causing trouble for her. With war broken out it would probably be best for her to travel with the armies and work to keep soldiers on their feet though... Well, no reason why I couldn't use this place as a base camp for that sort of thing she mused. It certainly wouldn't be a good idea to force the people of Yarrowitz to put up with and feed her without her doing anything in return. That would put her in a bad spot and she didn't need that. Besides, she wasn't entirely sure about this place, if they had to be threatened into helping the war effort. Could they really trust them then? What if, when things got difficult, they backed out of their offer? Perhaps it was bad for her to have such little faith in humans, but she couldn't help it. They were fragile gullible little things after all. Weren't they?

Back to top Go down
Zay
Admin
Zay

Things that I am :
  • SR Salamander
  • Medium Poster
  • Platypus
  • Chatbox Spammer
  • Minion of Monty
  • Underling of Eldar

Female Loveliness : 62

PostSubject: Re: (C3, Yarrowitz) A Greeting from the Guardians ~ The People of Yarrowitz (16th Board)   (C3, Yarrowitz) A Greeting from the Guardians ~ The People of Yarrowitz (16th Board) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Feb 17, 2013 4:22 pm

He didn't think to turn to face her as he spoke at first, and she could not quite hear him for it as a whole, he was behaving very oddly. Lillen drew in quickly and before she could say a word he had taken her hand in his. Important? What could he mean by that?
"Of course you may do something important, I would not be one to get in your way but..." She tried looking about again to see what had gotten him in such a fuss. "I most want to know what it is that could need your attention now...and of all times Joul..." Lillen scowled, though it was soft if a show of her little irritation.
"If you would say so then...yes...but only that and no more...please." Lillen huffed to herself but then lightened her face with a smile ans queezed his palm. "If that is how it is to be then I will wait here for you..."
She wouldn't. It was strange of him, did he expect her not to find out what it was? It must have been significant as he had suddenly become a bundle of nerves.
She did not realise he had found a lifeblood dragon, nor did she know of his intentions.
"Go on then...but do hurry back, I would like to have some time with you." Lillen let go of him, raising her brows as she shrugged, it was not like her to simply let these things go...yet she did not think he would quibble on it either.
Back to top Go down
http://www.google.co.uk
Monty
Admin
Monty

Female Loveliness : 11

PostSubject: Re: (C3, Yarrowitz) A Greeting from the Guardians ~ The People of Yarrowitz (16th Board)   (C3, Yarrowitz) A Greeting from the Guardians ~ The People of Yarrowitz (16th Board) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 04, 2013 6:58 pm

Vitreasa flicked her tail in silent annoyance. The blunt question put them in a place to which the Guardians couldn’t turn their heads and give anything other than a ‘yes’ or ‘no’ answer. But the fact that the question had to be asked in the first place was somewhat insulting. Of course they would help if they city ever needed their assistance, which it undoubtedly will do in the near future, but to think that this council would think otherwise after they had made such an open claim anyway was disheartening.
Thankfully, Sebantais spoke before she did, which gave her leave of a few more moments to contemplate the matter at hand. It was then that she began to wonder what would happen if they city was besieged and the Guardians could not be at their aid in enough time. If that were to happen, then the people would probably lose faith in them altogether after supposedly going back on their word to be at their side in their time of need. It suddenly dawned on her how much was riding on both sides to stick to their word. They couldn’t afford to doubt each other, which was quite a humorous thought considering their meeting had been tinged with a lack of trust, and they couldn’t afford either side to fall under. Come to think of it, either side couldn’t afford to lose anything. But they were going to lose something in the end. No matter what happened.

Vitreasa dipped her head to the council at her kin’s touch in a form of gratitude, before tilting her head to catch his eye.
Come, let us go. We can do more here.
Back to top Go down
https://dragonscove.darkbb.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: (C3, Yarrowitz) A Greeting from the Guardians ~ The People of Yarrowitz (16th Board)   (C3, Yarrowitz) A Greeting from the Guardians ~ The People of Yarrowitz (16th Board) - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

(C3, Yarrowitz) A Greeting from the Guardians ~ The People of Yarrowitz (16th Board)
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2