Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Obscurity Steals The Spotlight [Aero & Liza]

Go down 
2 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
AuthorMessage
Aero
Aero

Things that I am :
  • ME Meercat
  • Alarmingly Excellent
  • Dragon Hoarder
  • Gold Hoarder
  • Troll
  • Medium Poster
  • Chatbox Spammer
  • Rebel of Rogue

Female Loveliness : 25

Obscurity Steals The Spotlight [Aero & Liza] - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Obscurity Steals The Spotlight [Aero & Liza]   Obscurity Steals The Spotlight [Aero & Liza] - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 05, 2012 3:16 am

Russell raised his eyebrows at Silence's staunch defense of Baldasarre's lock system for his shop, and he noted with no small amount of curiosity that Baldasarre seemed just as surprised, his eyebrows raising a fraction. Quite a lot of expression for someone who was as serious-business as the old weasel.

"Right. First thing's first. I don't really care if Russell is your real nickname or not, but go ahead and start telling me where you came from and who sent you." Baldasarre started shuffling over, and he didn't even get around the counter before Russell started spilling his guts.

"Please, Baldy m'boy, you give my people too much credit. They did not pay me for silence, just for stealing. Which is quite a waste, actually, given my talents. But if it's addresses you want, then I can certainly give you one." He smiled, then stopped and considered his words. "Well, four or five, actually, but who knows if there will be anyone there to pick up your gift basket or not. Fingers attached notwithstanding."

"A moving group, then?" Baldasarre asked. He wasn't surprised, obviously. "Finches, Hoods, or Backalley Biters?"

Russell whistled, impressed by his knowledge of the various street assassin gangs. "Finches, naturally." He replied, tilting his chin to lift his head a bit, revealing a bit of gold stitching on the inside of his hood in the shape of a finch in flight. The effort was apparently too much with the amount of poison in his body, and his head thumped back down on the floor quickly after. "You have seen your share of thieves, haven't you?"

The look on Baldasarre's face was answer enough.

"Ah. Well, how about this? I promise to never come rob you again, and we leave my fingers attached to my hands, hmm? Now that I know I'm never going to be successful at pulling one over on you." He was laying on the charm super thick now.

Baldasarre looked to be considering it for a moment, then turned his gaze on Silence. "I think that she should decide what happens to you."
Back to top Go down
http://seroph.deviantart.com/
Eliza
Eliza

Things that I am :
  • Gold Hoarder
  • Medium Poster
  • Really Too Kind
  • Thrall of Zay
  • Rebel of Rogue

Female Loveliness : 8

PostSubject: Re: Obscurity Steals The Spotlight [Aero & Liza]   Obscurity Steals The Spotlight [Aero & Liza] - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 05, 2012 3:30 am

"Should castrate him then bludgeon him like a sandbag and force him to work for you for the rest of his miserable days. If I truly wanted to be cruel I'd say take some of this venom from my shoulder and see how he likes having it in his system." It was no walk in the park to deal with and she knew it. A day of paralysis, and at least a week following that of muddled senses and more than a month of unbearable pain. "I'm just throwing ideas out there, this is your shop and he tried to steal from you so you should have the final say."

At that point her anger was starting to subside but every time she had almost calmed down Russell would say something that would get her flustered again and she'd have to begin the calming process all over again. Hopefully he wouldn't do that because she was tired of being angry and red-faced from all his idiotic comments.
Back to top Go down
Aero
Aero

Things that I am :
  • ME Meercat
  • Alarmingly Excellent
  • Dragon Hoarder
  • Gold Hoarder
  • Troll
  • Medium Poster
  • Chatbox Spammer
  • Rebel of Rogue

PostSubject: Re: Obscurity Steals The Spotlight [Aero & Liza]   Obscurity Steals The Spotlight [Aero & Liza] - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 05, 2012 3:37 am

Russell frowned at the proposed abuse that Silence was offering up, trying to gauge just how serious she was. "Well, luv, if you're looking to castrate me, I promise that I won't struggle on the condition that you do it with your teeth. Might as well make a man feel good for the last time that he ever gets to have manly feelings."

With a blustery sigh, Baldasarre stood and headed back to the counter, picking up a broom in one hand and holding out the dagger that he'd been holding the whole time to Silence in the other. "I honestly don't care what happens to him. The Finches are such a small gang that nobody would reward me for getting rid of this one, and I can't be bothered to clean up the mess afterwards. Entirely too much trouble. But if you want to exact your revenge, go on ahead. I have glass to clean up." And indeed he did. The floor was strewn with broken bottles and various plant matter that had scattered in all directions during his fight with Russell. His shop was a mess, and somebody was going to clean it up. Might as well be him. Let the children have their fun.
Back to top Go down
Eliza
Eliza

Things that I am :
  • Gold Hoarder
  • Medium Poster
  • Really Too Kind
  • Thrall of Zay
  • Rebel of Rogue

PostSubject: Re: Obscurity Steals The Spotlight [Aero & Liza]   Obscurity Steals The Spotlight [Aero & Liza] - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 05, 2012 3:48 am

"There you go again deliberately trying to get me angry. What is with you? Do you want me to kill you?! No I will NOT do anything that you propose I do, Russell. What kind of girl do you think I am? If anything I'm likely to beat you to a pulp and leave you in the streets." It took only moments to realize she'd actually remembered his "name". "What in the name of Hades makes you so keen on ticking me off?"

That was that, once she could move him she was going to string him up by his wrists and beat him to a pulp. That'd suffice for punishment since nothing had really gotten stolen. She walked over and kicked him in the side a few more times and sat back down. "I'll recant my suggestion of castration if you can solve a riddle. I have a name, but to speak it is to break me. It's spoken without sound, but is known to be deafening. Get it right in two guesses or less or you go under the knife."
Back to top Go down
Aero
Aero

Things that I am :
  • ME Meercat
  • Alarmingly Excellent
  • Dragon Hoarder
  • Gold Hoarder
  • Troll
  • Medium Poster
  • Chatbox Spammer
  • Rebel of Rogue

PostSubject: Re: Obscurity Steals The Spotlight [Aero & Liza]   Obscurity Steals The Spotlight [Aero & Liza] - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 05, 2012 4:18 am

Russell looked Silence up and down, more amused by her anger than he was frightened of it. Although, even if he was feeling a tad bit nervous that she very well might castrate him just for giggles, he wouldn't have shown it. No, he was made of tougher stuff than that. "Well, I suppose that I think that you're the kind of girl who runs about all day with her cleavage exposed, but I guess that appearances aren't everything." The riddle, however, had him stumped for a moment. "A name the breaks the named when spoken, is soundless and yet deafening…. hmmm." Rewording it was solely for his own benefit of course, and he stared up at the ceiling while he tried to puzzle out the meaning. "I don't suppose it could be… well, it couldn't be shadows, because they aren't broken when you say "shadow", nor are they deafening… hmmm, hmmm… quit a riddle lass. Let's see…"

He thought for another few moments without making another sound, then took a deep breath and began to sing in a warm rich alto voice.

I learned to let go
Although you would never know
That I gave you my love
In Silence
With a bit of effort on his part, Russell looked up, a smile on his face. "Is it Silence?"
Back to top Go down
Eliza
Eliza

Things that I am :
  • Gold Hoarder
  • Medium Poster
  • Really Too Kind
  • Thrall of Zay
  • Rebel of Rogue

PostSubject: Re: Obscurity Steals The Spotlight [Aero & Liza]   Obscurity Steals The Spotlight [Aero & Liza] - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 05, 2012 3:20 pm

She gave a him a dangerously evil smile and crossed her arms as she resisted the urge to laugh. "Well drat, you got it on the first guess. Last thing people think of when they see me is 'silence'." She smacked her hand to her forehead and gave an exasperated sigh. "No, appearances aren't everything you're on the right track. I'm wearing this shirt because I have a very painful injury on my shoulder. That and I just happen to like yellow and orange."

Since he mentioned it she readjusted her shirt to show less of her cleavage, it was starting to show off a little too much. "Thank you for telling me that, I needed to fix my shirt anyway." He was a man through and through it seemed, so covering up was probably the last thing he wanted her to do. Something grabbed her attention suddenly, her left arm twitched! She was starting to get feeling back to it slowly but surely as well. "Looks like this arm's not quite so useless after all."
Back to top Go down
Aero
Aero

Things that I am :
  • ME Meercat
  • Alarmingly Excellent
  • Dragon Hoarder
  • Gold Hoarder
  • Troll
  • Medium Poster
  • Chatbox Spammer
  • Rebel of Rogue

PostSubject: Re: Obscurity Steals The Spotlight [Aero & Liza]   Obscurity Steals The Spotlight [Aero & Liza] - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 05, 2012 10:19 pm

In the brief chaos of trying to kill Silence in order to make his escape, Russell hadn't noticed her bandage. Now that he was lying on the floor with precious little else to do but look at her and the bottom of Baldasarre's feet as he swept the shop, he did notice now. "Quite the injury there." Russell said, trying his best to sound impressed. However, like Baldasarre, he'd seen his fair share of bad wounds. He remained unruffled about the situation with how much or little Silence's cleavage was showing, since she was, after all, his captor for all intents and purposes. Sweet talking was one thing, actually getting attached was a whole other realm of no. "Well, I'm glad that you're feeling better. Old Baldy here's the best in the city, or so they say. But you already knew that, right? So, that just leaves the matter of what's going to happen to me now that I've passed your test."

"Yes, please do something about him." Baldasarre droned from the back room where he was depositing the broken glass, if the sound was any indicator. "I'm not entirely sure if I can stand another bout of that canary's singing."

"Finch, baldy, Finch!" Russell called back in a sing-song voice, grinning as he did so.
Back to top Go down
Eliza
Eliza

Things that I am :
  • Gold Hoarder
  • Medium Poster
  • Really Too Kind
  • Thrall of Zay
  • Rebel of Rogue

PostSubject: Re: Obscurity Steals The Spotlight [Aero & Liza]   Obscurity Steals The Spotlight [Aero & Liza] - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 05, 2012 10:57 pm

"I'll find something to do with him when the paralysis wears off. For the time being I'll get him out of your way." Or she'd dislocate her good arm in doing so. How to get someone so much heavier than herself out of the door with only one arm? Eureka! She got an idea. She'd just tie some rope to his bonds and drag him. "Baldasarre, do you have any extra rope? I'll just drag him outside and let him get out of his bonds when he can move again."

In the interim, she did her best to help move the mess of glass and herbs into a pile to make it easier to sweep up. "At least he called you a bird, I still think of you as a maggot." she reminded Russell from her little spot on the floor a few feet away from the captive. She hoped and prayed that she'd never cross paths with this one again.
Back to top Go down
Aero
Aero

Things that I am :
  • ME Meercat
  • Alarmingly Excellent
  • Dragon Hoarder
  • Gold Hoarder
  • Troll
  • Medium Poster
  • Chatbox Spammer
  • Rebel of Rogue

PostSubject: Re: Obscurity Steals The Spotlight [Aero & Liza]   Obscurity Steals The Spotlight [Aero & Liza] - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 06, 2012 1:38 am

Who did she think he was? A sailor? Twitching his whiskers in minor annoyance, Baldasarre went back to his hidden cupboard and pulled out another length of rope. "Do whatever you want. I don't care." He replied, handing over the rope and went back to sweeping.

"Ah, such stinging words from such a beautiful mouth. Silence, I think that we could be friends." He eyed the rope, having no desire to be dragged out of the shop by any means, rope or otherwise. "You know, if you wait a bit, I could just walk out and be out of your hair, no rope burn involved. See? Look, I can already move my fingers." He flexed said extremities to prove his point, laying on the charm thick in his tone and smile. Maybe Russell wasn't getting very far with Silence, but so far he hadn't been gutted or otherwise harmed beyond a few kicks in the side, and so took it as a sign that he was at least doing something right. "By the way Baldy, I don't suppose that those mixed herbs are on sale now, are they?"

The apothecary snorted, picking up a dust pan full of glass shards. "If you ever come in here as a paying customer, I will charge you ten times the order amount to pay off everything that you've broken in here. So no, they're not discounted. At least not for you."
Back to top Go down
Eliza
Eliza

Things that I am :
  • Gold Hoarder
  • Medium Poster
  • Really Too Kind
  • Thrall of Zay
  • Rebel of Rogue

PostSubject: Re: Obscurity Steals The Spotlight [Aero & Liza]   Obscurity Steals The Spotlight [Aero & Liza] - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 06, 2012 2:39 am

Silence plain broke into a laugh at the weasel's reply to the overly-flirtatious bird. After getting over her little spell she hugged Baldasarre with her good arm, while making sure not to get him close to her opposite shoulder, and thanked him quietly. "I'll likely be back again if not for medicinal herbs, then for good company. Sorry for any trouble I've caused." With a light hop she moved over the spots of glass still on the floor, and looked at Russell with a raised eyebrow.

"Friends? You just tried to kill me "and" Baldasarre just minutes ago. I don't trust you as far as I can drag you much less throw you." That was it, she was going to get him away from this apothecary shop as soon as possible. "Let me know when you can walk I'll be keeping an eye on you for a little while." It stood to reason he'd hate being around her after a time, most people did to a point. Perhaps she wouldn't have to be around him too long.
Back to top Go down
Aero
Aero

Things that I am :
  • ME Meercat
  • Alarmingly Excellent
  • Dragon Hoarder
  • Gold Hoarder
  • Troll
  • Medium Poster
  • Chatbox Spammer
  • Rebel of Rogue

PostSubject: Re: Obscurity Steals The Spotlight [Aero & Liza]   Obscurity Steals The Spotlight [Aero & Liza] - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 09, 2012 2:04 am

Both Baldasarre and Russell looked up at Silence's laughter, apparently taken aback by the sound of it. When she went to hug Baldasarre, it took all of the self-restraint that the old apothecary had not to claw his way out of her embrace and the distaste showed clearly on his face. When Silence let go, he narrowed his eyes and made sure to keep his broom between the girl and himself at all times to avoid another repeat performance.

He simply smiled. "Luv, this is Kaionar. If your best friend doesn't try and murder you at least once, then he's no friend at all. Right Baldy?" To that the apothecary simply remained silent, content to ignore the both of him while he pulled his shop together.

After two ballads directed very obviously at Silence even though he was singing at the ceiling, Russell got to his feet of his own volition with a small display of agility and flexed his hands, which had turned an interesting shade of purple while being tied. "Well, Silence, luv, I don't suppose that you'd be willing to do the honors?" He held out his tied hands in her direction, wiggling his fingers. "Or do I need out first?"

"Out the front!" Baldasarre called from the back room, and quickly made his appearance, stomping forward and looking none too pleased. "I'm closed. I've had enough of hooligans taking up space in my lobby for one day, thank you very much."
Back to top Go down
Eliza
Eliza

Things that I am :
  • Gold Hoarder
  • Medium Poster
  • Really Too Kind
  • Thrall of Zay
  • Rebel of Rogue

PostSubject: Re: Obscurity Steals The Spotlight [Aero & Liza]   Obscurity Steals The Spotlight [Aero & Liza] - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 09, 2012 2:20 am

"Nice meeting you too Baldasarre!" she called. "You have a nice day." After that she walked out the front of the shop. "You, feather-brain, come with me. I'm not lighting a match in that shop for all the riches between here and Christendom." He could walk, and she was going to scare the snot out of him if it embarrassed her entirely. She disregarded the old weasel's disdain as his day simply didn't go well. Nothing he had said really hurt her in any way, but some of it did make her laugh.

"Don't call me love or I'll hit you again." she threatened. Out here in the open she was a little less soft-spoken, but now it was back to her home, and this bird/maggot/womanizer was going with her like it or not. Oh the joys of trying to get someone to dislike you. "By the way I'd give up on seducing me if I were you, it's not going to work." Why she felt compelled to tell him it was a lost cause she didn't know, but it was better than just ignoring him, right?
Back to top Go down
Aero
Aero

Things that I am :
  • ME Meercat
  • Alarmingly Excellent
  • Dragon Hoarder
  • Gold Hoarder
  • Troll
  • Medium Poster
  • Chatbox Spammer
  • Rebel of Rogue

PostSubject: Re: Obscurity Steals The Spotlight [Aero & Liza]   Obscurity Steals The Spotlight [Aero & Liza] - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 09, 2012 2:38 am

He gave a dramatic sigh at being scolded, Russell shrugged his shoulders in acceptance and started messing with his bindings, more out of a force of habit than a desperation to get free. If it was night, he would have dislocated something already to try and get his hands free, but since they were in broad daylight on a wide street, he wasn't too concerned. "Lass it is, then." For now. "But where are you taking me? As much as I enjoy your company, I'd say that I'd enjoy it more if I could feel my fingers." Maybe she wasn't as innocent as she was playing herself to be, but something in his gut told him that she wasn't leading him to a dark alleyway full of thugs looking to gut him. And in general, he trusted his gut whenever it started telling him things. Maybe he'd get something to eat soon. His gut was also pointing him in the general direction of the marketplace.
Back to top Go down
Eliza
Eliza

Things that I am :
  • Gold Hoarder
  • Medium Poster
  • Really Too Kind
  • Thrall of Zay
  • Rebel of Rogue

PostSubject: Re: Obscurity Steals The Spotlight [Aero & Liza]   Obscurity Steals The Spotlight [Aero & Liza] - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 09, 2012 2:51 am

Suddenly she stopped and pulled out a match, striking it on a nearby wall. "Stand still. I'm going to untie you, but I might as well make it all the more fun for me." With the order out in the open she was planning to use a small fireball and burn the rope around his hands. Without waiting for an answer she charred the rope and watched it fall to the ground. "There. Now, come with me. It's time to eat and I get very cranky when I'm denied food."

She made her way back through the streets with little consequence, but made sure to keep a fair distance from her unwilling-to-leave acquaintance. "Unless you'd prefer to make a stop in town? I don't know if I heard correctly but did your stomach just growl?" she asked. She probably wasn't the only one who hated going without food. Still, keeping out of arms length was a priority for her seeing as he was so keen on flirting with her incessantly.
Back to top Go down
Aero
Aero

Things that I am :
  • ME Meercat
  • Alarmingly Excellent
  • Dragon Hoarder
  • Gold Hoarder
  • Troll
  • Medium Poster
  • Chatbox Spammer
  • Rebel of Rogue

PostSubject: Re: Obscurity Steals The Spotlight [Aero & Liza]   Obscurity Steals The Spotlight [Aero & Liza] - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 09, 2012 3:05 am

At first he was a bit intrigued by the sudden change of attitude. So Silence was going to start flirting back? He hadn't pegged her as the type. But as her intentions became more clear with the fire, Russell became increasingly worried about the end result. It was over before he could protest however, and once the rope fell away he rubbed his wrists, looking for scorches. "I thought the match thing was a euphemism, but I'm impressed. A fire manipulator, eh?" Something to file away and keep for later.

He chuckled when his stomach made a noise as if on cue. "Aye lass, food sounds good, though I don't particularly care where it comes from. You're not from around here, are you? I think I would have heard of a pretty girl like you wandering the streets, starting fires." As commanded, he stuck close to Silence's side, more interested in finding out what exactly someone like her was doing in Kaionar than worrying about food. He could go for a day or two without eating, though unless she tied him up again that particular talent wouldn't be necessary.
Back to top Go down
Eliza
Eliza

Things that I am :
  • Gold Hoarder
  • Medium Poster
  • Really Too Kind
  • Thrall of Zay
  • Rebel of Rogue

PostSubject: Re: Obscurity Steals The Spotlight [Aero & Liza]   Obscurity Steals The Spotlight [Aero & Liza] - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 09, 2012 3:20 am

"Yes. I'm quite proud of that talent, it's what helps put food on the table ever week. Also no, I don't know where I'm from actually, but I've worked for a traveling circus for around 4 to 5 years now. Only reason I'm here is because this is where we've set up for a week or two. I was in town today getting something for my bite. And if you don't particularly care then we'll just eat when we get to my "home" so to speak."

Amazing how one minute he wanted to kill her the next he was flirting. This bird was crazy, but then again the whole city seemed to be crazy so maybe he was normal after all. At the mention of the word "pretty" she shook her head. "My face may be pretty but trust me, scars do not a pretty woman make. Seems like most men would prefer their women not get into situations that end with them getting scars. I tend to be restless and roam about wherever we happen to stop, which leads to trouble."
Back to top Go down
Aero
Aero

Things that I am :
  • ME Meercat
  • Alarmingly Excellent
  • Dragon Hoarder
  • Gold Hoarder
  • Troll
  • Medium Poster
  • Chatbox Spammer
  • Rebel of Rogue

PostSubject: Re: Obscurity Steals The Spotlight [Aero & Liza]   Obscurity Steals The Spotlight [Aero & Liza] - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 09, 2012 3:38 am

"The traveling circus?" He raised a curious eyebrow at that, surprised. There had been rumors of one outside the walls, but he had been too busy dealing in his trade to go and inspect the rumors or follow up on them himself. It was good fortune that he'd managed to run across a performer. On a heist, of all places! Now that she mentioned the bite, he took a good hard look at it without trying to be too obvious, conscious of her comment about scars. Whatever made the wound had to have been some sort of rather nasty creature to leave it so disgusting looking. He certainly didn't envy her. But if anybody could proscribe a cure, it was Baldasarre. Damned old weasel knew the trade better than anybody else in this squalid city. "Lass, you can make a girl look pretty. However, I find that it's not always what's skin deep that keeps a girl looking pretty past a smile. You've got to have something to work with first, an' lass, you're not exactly something to turn your nose up at either." Ooh he was laying it on thick now. But he was being sincere, if with a bit of emphasis.
Back to top Go down
Eliza
Eliza

Things that I am :
  • Gold Hoarder
  • Medium Poster
  • Really Too Kind
  • Thrall of Zay
  • Rebel of Rogue

PostSubject: Re: Obscurity Steals The Spotlight [Aero & Liza]   Obscurity Steals The Spotlight [Aero & Liza] - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 09, 2012 3:55 am

"Mhm, we've been to a few big cities already, but thus far this is my least favorite one." His little 2 cents on what made a girl pretty sort of made her smile. "Finally someone who talks sense. Any man who desires to marry me for my looks is in for a rude awakening. My temper isn't the best in the world, I am NOT subservient, and if you butt heads with me I'll headbutt you right back. Any man that can't handle that isn't worth the time of day to me."

She snorted at the compliment and rolled her eyes. "What exactly is it about me that's kept your attention thus far, anyway? I've kicked you a good few times, tried to stab you with broken glass, and insulted you beyond measure. I doubt any of that makes me attractive to most men. Then again you're not "most" of anything so my argument might as well be pointless."
Back to top Go down
Aero
Aero

Things that I am :
  • ME Meercat
  • Alarmingly Excellent
  • Dragon Hoarder
  • Gold Hoarder
  • Troll
  • Medium Poster
  • Chatbox Spammer
  • Rebel of Rogue

PostSubject: Re: Obscurity Steals The Spotlight [Aero & Liza]   Obscurity Steals The Spotlight [Aero & Liza] - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 09, 2012 4:34 pm

"I see that your personality is as fiery as your craft, lass." Russell replied with a chuckle, making a mental note about the head butting thing. Well, if she was so used to men being offset by her brash nature, it might just be interesting to see what happened if he continue to prod at her. Nothing like a bit of cat and mouse to spice up a day. In all honesty, he was mostly just following her to get to the circus. It might be well past time for him to leave Kaionar himself, and if the traveling troupe could provide some companionship… Well, that was a bridge to cross when he came to it. In answer to Silence's question he simply smiled and chuckled a little. "Well, as I recall, you weren't the only one doing the stabbing in that situation. If you think that you've dealt out some nasty insults, then I suppose that the things I have been called would curl your toes. Don't worry lass, I've got big boy feelings and I can handle a bit of snark commentary if it's coming from a pretty girl. You roll with the punches or get hit, so the saying goes. But as for why I'm interested in you…" He pretended to think for a moment, examining a wisp of cloud in the sky that looked a bit like a feather if you tilted your head just right. "Well, perhaps I think that you're someone worth noting, once you get past the poisoned glass shard attack."
Back to top Go down
Eliza
Eliza

Things that I am :
  • Gold Hoarder
  • Medium Poster
  • Really Too Kind
  • Thrall of Zay
  • Rebel of Rogue

PostSubject: Re: Obscurity Steals The Spotlight [Aero & Liza]   Obscurity Steals The Spotlight [Aero & Liza] - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 10, 2012 3:08 pm

"Wish I could say you aren't the first to say that about me, but sadly you are the first. Something else to get used to I suppose." Guess coming to Kaionar wasn't such a bad idea after all. Russell wasn't trying to kill her at least. She looked at him again and risked a smile. "Just how old are you? You definitely don't look like you're 20 or anywhere near it. I might go so far as to say you look old."

Finally she saw the bright colors she had always associated with home. "Welcome to what I call home sweet home!" She pointed out where everything was and warned him about where they kept the animals, then started off to her own little piece of home. "We keep a rather large spider creature in the same area as we keep the rest of the animals. Steer clear of the thing, get enough venom in your system and it will kill you." She walked into her tent and then turned and looked out of it. "Don't stand out there too long or you'll miss lunch, Russell."
Back to top Go down
Aero
Aero

Things that I am :
  • ME Meercat
  • Alarmingly Excellent
  • Dragon Hoarder
  • Gold Hoarder
  • Troll
  • Medium Poster
  • Chatbox Spammer
  • Rebel of Rogue

PostSubject: Re: Obscurity Steals The Spotlight [Aero & Liza]   Obscurity Steals The Spotlight [Aero & Liza] - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Apr 14, 2012 4:16 am

"Old?" he repeated, trying not to sound too incredulous. Old? Well, in human years he was only thirty. That wasn't old by any stretch of the imagination. Even without his shifting abilities, Russell wouldn't have looked old then, either! For what little use his father had been in his life, at least the mysterious man had left something of his legacy in the elven blood that ran through his veins. He'd barely just stopped having growth spurts! Who knew how long he was going to live, let alone how long he was going to keep looking young? Whatever. She was just baiting him, and he was determined to not fall for it. That was an amateur's mistake, after all.

As Silence explained the grounds, he was careful to listen while making a mental map of the place, noting ambush spots, escape routes and hiding places. It was more of a force of habit than a conscious decision, of course. Who knew? Maybe he'd get a contract to come and do away with somebody in these very grounds? Better safe than sorry, as the old mantra went. "You don't have to tell me twice." He replied with a smile, and followed her into the tent, looking around at everything the second that he was inside. "I suppose you bring in random men all the time to have lunch, do you?"
Back to top Go down
Eliza
Eliza

Things that I am :
  • Gold Hoarder
  • Medium Poster
  • Really Too Kind
  • Thrall of Zay
  • Rebel of Rogue

PostSubject: Re: Obscurity Steals The Spotlight [Aero & Liza]   Obscurity Steals The Spotlight [Aero & Liza] - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Apr 14, 2012 8:51 pm

"Yes, old, and you wish. While yes I have male friends, no I don't eat lunch with them all too often. We tend to stick to our own here, but we know how to socialize to a point. No you're the first random person I've brought over for lunch period." She wasn't about to let him get her flustered again. Baldy already assumed she was a street-walker because of her getting so jumpy on the subject. It went without saying but she really didn't think he looked old, it had been a joke.

"Any particular foods you like? Fish, chicken, soup?" Quite frankly she hadn't any clue as to why she didn't just toss him out in the street and leave him there, but he was here now. She just had to make sure he didn't steal anything of hers. "Have a seat wherever you like, lunch may be a few minutes in cooking."

It wasn't all that long after she'd gotten things sorted that there was a large flash of light outside and a concussive clap of thunder almost directly after it. In a moment of panic she nearly jumped out of her skin and looked around to find the source of the sound. Oh how perfect, a lightning storm. This just wasn't her day was it? Another clap sounded shortly after and impulsively she reached out to hug the person closest to her, and that unfortunately was Russell.
Back to top Go down
Aero
Aero

Things that I am :
  • ME Meercat
  • Alarmingly Excellent
  • Dragon Hoarder
  • Gold Hoarder
  • Troll
  • Medium Poster
  • Chatbox Spammer
  • Rebel of Rogue

PostSubject: Re: Obscurity Steals The Spotlight [Aero & Liza]   Obscurity Steals The Spotlight [Aero & Liza] - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 18, 2012 3:29 am

At hearing that he was, in fact, the first random guy that she'd ever brought "home", he couldn't help but to raise an amused eyebrow. Maybe she just had a thing for assassins. Some girls really dug the whole mysterious killer vibe thing. "Whatever is on is fine. I'm sure that if it's made by you, it'll be delicious." Well, hopefully. There were some people in this world that really just had no business working with food. He desperately hoped that Silence was not one of those people, but was already determined to watch her cook either way. She obviously wasn't really the assassin type, but this was Kaionar. Somebody else in the general vicinity might add their own finishing touches to whatever it was that Silence started cooking up. Always better safe than sorry.

Before he even had a chance to sit down, the storm outside broke. Russell was relieved in a way; it would give him a perfectly legitimate excuse to continue snooping around the circus and seeing what everyone was about without seeming too incredibly nosy. At least his people skills had already seemed to work on Silence, and he seemed to have the fire-starter well in hand. His inspection of the tent's ceiling was abruptly cut short when he was suddenly tackled about the midsection. His first reaction was to pull a knife and defend himself, the long years spent as a street urchin kicking in reflexively. It was only after he'd partially drawn his dagger that he realized that he wasn't being attacked at all, but was being hugged. Tightly. By Silence.

For a split second he was bewildered, then the rain pelted the tent in a great woosh of sound, striking the ground outside and their shelter with vicious ferocity and he understood. She was scared of storms. Russell let his dagger slide silently back home in its sheath and placed a comforting hand on Silence's back. "The little firefly is scared of thunder, is she?" He asked in a low voice, sliding what he thought would be a comforting arm around her waist.
Back to top Go down
Eliza
Eliza

Things that I am :
  • Gold Hoarder
  • Medium Poster
  • Really Too Kind
  • Thrall of Zay
  • Rebel of Rogue

PostSubject: Re: Obscurity Steals The Spotlight [Aero & Liza]   Obscurity Steals The Spotlight [Aero & Liza] - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 18, 2012 5:41 pm

She'd started to shake a bit, then realized who she was hugging and tried not to look so scared. "Y-Yeah, I've had this problem for a while now." Something snapped her out of her sudden spell, the food was still cooking and it wasn't going to burn on her watch. "Excuse me." she murmured going to finish the soup. When it was done she grabbed two bowls and dished some of it out. Not surprisingly her hands were still shaking due to the raging storm outside, but she held out the bowl anyway. "Chicken soup."

Another crash of thunder outside set her hands to shaking even worse, but she tried to steel herself into thinking she wasn't scared. "Sounds like the day of the attack." she muttered. The memories of the pain came back to her now: the weeks of time being bedridden, the days she spent having no idea why she was alive or where she was, the lack of emotion she experienced. After a moment to snap out of her reverie she looked at Russell. "Well? Shall we eat before it gets cold?"
Back to top Go down
Aero
Aero

Things that I am :
  • ME Meercat
  • Alarmingly Excellent
  • Dragon Hoarder
  • Gold Hoarder
  • Troll
  • Medium Poster
  • Chatbox Spammer
  • Rebel of Rogue

PostSubject: Re: Obscurity Steals The Spotlight [Aero & Liza]   Obscurity Steals The Spotlight [Aero & Liza] - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 19, 2012 12:02 am

He let Silence slip out of his arms and took a seat across the table from where she would be sitting, watching her quietly. She trembled the whole time she was making soup, flinching at every crack of thunder that rolled over them as the rain outside continued to come down. It didn't take long before she explained briefly why she had such an intense fear of storms, much to his relief. Finding out things was practically his job, so he always soaked up any information that he could gather. Once she sat down, Russell reached across the table and gently placed his hands over her shaking ones, offering a sympathetic look of concern. "It must have been horrible, this attack. If you're still afraid even now… what happened? Can you talk about it? I've been told I'm a pretty good listener." He reached up and touched one of the points of his long elven ears, smiling in a well meaning manner.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Obscurity Steals The Spotlight [Aero & Liza]   Obscurity Steals The Spotlight [Aero & Liza] - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Obscurity Steals The Spotlight [Aero & Liza]
Page 2 of 9Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next