Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Average Jilurian Antics. (Stormkatz, Artel and Zay)

Go down 
3 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Zay
Admin
Zay

Things that I am :
  • SR Salamander
  • Medium Poster
  • Platypus
  • Chatbox Spammer
  • Minion of Monty
  • Underling of Eldar

Female Loveliness : 62

Average Jilurian Antics. (Stormkatz, Artel and Zay) Empty
PostSubject: Average Jilurian Antics. (Stormkatz, Artel and Zay)   Average Jilurian Antics. (Stormkatz, Artel and Zay) Icon_minitimeSat Apr 21, 2012 10:14 pm

Today, Rintho was going about his business in Jiluria as usual. Things were pleasant as they could be for half way through a month, with half of his magical energy remaining until the next ritual. He was feeling particularly made up, having completed a deal on tear dragon tails at an unexpectedly low cost, hence he was prepared for any ill fortune from here on.
Tonight though, as he was walking back to his humble home, the moon shone clear and bright, he had to take a moment to pause and breathe a breath of the fresh night air. Thick with the scent of summer night, so even his densensitised nose could have that pleasant sensation.

Jiluria was a peaceful town, rogue and corrupt, but violence was not how darkness dwelt here. It was simply a different way of life, just as Rintho's was different to many others. But what they didn't know, would not hurt them.
Feeling content for the days work, he carried on across the market place, the tails thickly rolled and wrapped on his back in a pack, there was a bounce in his step even at this time of night.

The bazaar was quite clear for this time, shopping at night in Jiluria might as well have been as normal as groceries by day.
Rintho though, was not sure it was his own sensations of magic playing tricks on him or not, but he felt his innards twist a little, the kind of bend that suggested area-magic. Pervasive and yet passive. It did not require active spellcasting to take effect...But this was unusual, it felt it should be complex magic as it did not irritate him like neutral and it did not blatantly feel one sway or another like any of the basics.
Intriguing, very intriguing.
He slowed his pace a little, looking around furtively for the source of this curiosity...This was a rarity, and what was rare was interesting, generally.

Last edited by Zay on Thu Jun 12, 2014 12:47 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
http://www.google.co.uk
Stormkatz
Stormkatz

Things that I am :
  • ME Meercat
  • DDC Dingo
  • "Nice Girl"
  • Troll
  • Medium Poster
  • Chatbox Spammer
  • Really Too Kind
  • Rebel of Rogue

Female Loveliness : 16

PostSubject: Re: Average Jilurian Antics. (Stormkatz, Artel and Zay)   Average Jilurian Antics. (Stormkatz, Artel and Zay) Icon_minitimeSat Apr 21, 2012 10:55 pm

From a little scraped-on, spare room at the back of one of the many houses in Jiluria, a gentle snoring sound was issuing. It belonged to Ithelle, a young dragon, who had been asleep for a number of hours by then. It was way past her bedtime, after all. One half-diamond shaped ear twitched, and she rolled over, dreaming.

She was in a field, just running, laughing at something or other. Then, the air seemed to pull in tight, a pulsing cobweb covering her vision, and a line of purple flashed before her eyes. She awoke with a start. The purple line was still there, as was the cobweb, hovering a few inches in front of her eyes. The cobweb was normal – she couldn’t make the confusing little threads go away, but the pulsing purple line wasn’t. She looked around, trying to see what had made the little thread light up, before nudging the door open with her nose to see if it was something outside. From deeper in the house was the sound of a man sleeping, snoring loudly and deeply. Ithelle grinned playfully, and wriggled out of the door, letting it close softly behind her.

With one of her ears dangling in her face (it was crooked, and always seemed to end up in exactly the wrong place), she padded slowly down the alley that the back door opened onto, trying to get to a decent street. The alley scared her, so she wanted to be out in the open. Turning a corner, she paused. There was someone there, just down the street. Why would they be outside at this time? Bedtime was hours ago, and it was dark now… she didn’t understand it. However, that made the figure worth investigating, and the rapid pulsing of the purple line seemed to indicate that she should go over.

With two little skippity-hops, she bounded over, smiling. “Whatcha doing outside this late?” she asked innocently, her head on one side. She hoped she didn’t scare whoever it was – apparently her liveliness could be unsettling to strangers.

Back to top Go down
Zay
Admin
Zay

Things that I am :
  • SR Salamander
  • Medium Poster
  • Platypus
  • Chatbox Spammer
  • Minion of Monty
  • Underling of Eldar

PostSubject: Re: Average Jilurian Antics. (Stormkatz, Artel and Zay)   Average Jilurian Antics. (Stormkatz, Artel and Zay) Icon_minitimeSat Apr 21, 2012 11:10 pm

Rintho was not given much time to ponder the source, it came searching for him, in fact. One moment he was twisted, looking through the people he had left behind, he turned back, and then there she was. The wave of what was distinctly fate magic now pressed inside him, before settling as his animated body adjusted to accommodate it. What a little darling, she must have been young, her colours were not even fully bled through and her manner was childlike.
"A better question for you I believe." He inspected the card dragon, having only heard about them, only four could exist at a time. Yet here was one of those four standing right in front of him, and of all places, in Jiluria at night.

"This is not a safe place for you to be at all...Though, me? I have been out for a walk...How about you, you seem far less like you should be out at such a time." Rintho smiled, though it was not seen. His mask covered the lower half of his face, the hood foreshadowed the upper part, so only his eyes glinted down at the young dragon. Unfortunately, even though Rintho was polite by nature, it was a gesture that was not often picked up on. "Did you need any help young one?"
Back to top Go down
Stormkatz
Stormkatz

Things that I am :
  • ME Meercat
  • DDC Dingo
  • "Nice Girl"
  • Troll
  • Medium Poster
  • Chatbox Spammer
  • Really Too Kind
  • Rebel of Rogue

PostSubject: Re: Average Jilurian Antics. (Stormkatz, Artel and Zay)   Average Jilurian Antics. (Stormkatz, Artel and Zay) Icon_minitimeSat Apr 21, 2012 11:38 pm

Ithelle looked a little taken aback. “Well, I couldn’t sleep, so I came out here…” she said cautiously, remembering being told something about not talking to strangers. But this one looked nice, so she figured it was fine. Besides, if she talked to him, he wouldn’t be a stranger anymore. The fact that she couldn’t quite see him properly in the dark was a little unnerving, but she wasn’t scared of the dark – she’d grown out of that when she was five.

“I suppose it is past my bedtime, but daddy won’t mind – he’s always out late.” She added, her eyes bright and twinkly. The man’s mask was a little unusual – she wondered why he was wearing it, but she was doing her very best not to ask too man questions. It looked strange, but the man sounded friendly, so she figured she was safe at least.

“I didn’t need help – I just…” Ithelle trailed off. She didn’t want to /say/ she was following a sparkly purple bit of string that only she could see, because that sounded strange and nobody would believe her. However, she couldn’t think of a reasonable enough excuse either, so she ended up just going quiet.

Breaking the momentary silence, she chipped in again. “So who’re ya anyway? I’m Ithelle, but most people call me Elli.” She grinned, flicking her ear to one side.
Back to top Go down
Zay
Admin
Zay

Things that I am :
  • SR Salamander
  • Medium Poster
  • Platypus
  • Chatbox Spammer
  • Minion of Monty
  • Underling of Eldar

PostSubject: Re: Average Jilurian Antics. (Stormkatz, Artel and Zay)   Average Jilurian Antics. (Stormkatz, Artel and Zay) Icon_minitimeSun Apr 22, 2012 9:26 am

So the dragon did have a guardian, though an absent one it seemed that was not doing all too good of a job. Not if this child dragon could simply hop and skip out into the alleyways of Jiluria at night.
"He won't mind then?" Rintho echoed. He was not a man of bad nature, however he sometimes would forget to read between the lines. As far as he was concerned, this was just a wonderful opportunity now.

"Lady Ithelle? A very sweet name, it compliments you nicely." An honest observation, as Rintho was not so good at lying either, even the for the sake of somebody's feelings. "You may call me Rintho, that is the name I most prefer." He paused, thinking for a little bit, "So, Elli, I hope you don't find me rude but, how is it to be a dragon with fate magic? You have an amazing ability you know, one that is very little understood by others around you." He said plainly, she was still very young though, so he wasn't expecting too great of a response. Chances are she couldn't even control the chaotic effect fate magic could have, yet.

Ah, that was a spanner in the works he'd have to watch for. Skilled though he may be, her fate magic would probably have a tendency to interfere with the...
Rintho was already making his calculations and constructing suitable "methods"
Back to top Go down
Stormkatz
Stormkatz

Things that I am :
  • ME Meercat
  • DDC Dingo
  • "Nice Girl"
  • Troll
  • Medium Poster
  • Chatbox Spammer
  • Really Too Kind
  • Rebel of Rogue

PostSubject: Re: Average Jilurian Antics. (Stormkatz, Artel and Zay)   Average Jilurian Antics. (Stormkatz, Artel and Zay) Icon_minitimeSun Apr 22, 2012 1:19 pm

Ithelle smiled and sat down at Rintho’s feet, deciding that she was quite enjoying the conversation now, “Thankee, mister, erm, Rintho.” She smiled, basking in the praise. His next comment took her by surprise, however, and she tilted her head on one side suspiciously. “Fate magic? How’d you... I mean, what... ya mean the coloured squiggles?” she asked, picking at last one of the many questions that were throwing themselves about in her head. She had been sure that nobody understood her magic – she only knew about it herself because of the little bits of information about her breed that she’d been able to piece together from books around the house (she was very proud of her reading – she could spell out all the little words now). “It’s… strange. I don’t know how it works - I just know that it seems to kick in by itself sometimes. That was what woke me up.” She explained, her tail twitching in interest. Who was this man, who seemed to know so much about magic for no clear reason? If she had been feeling unsure, and ready to go back to bed before, now she was definitely not going anywhere.
Back to top Go down
Zay
Admin
Zay

Things that I am :
  • SR Salamander
  • Medium Poster
  • Platypus
  • Chatbox Spammer
  • Minion of Monty
  • Underling of Eldar

PostSubject: Re: Average Jilurian Antics. (Stormkatz, Artel and Zay)   Average Jilurian Antics. (Stormkatz, Artel and Zay) Icon_minitimeSun Apr 22, 2012 2:36 pm

Rintho cocked a brow, if that was to be seen at all, squiggly lines? "Oh? Perhaps I do mean them...But don't worry Ithelle, your control will come with time, though you will always have an effect that follows you." He wondered how much he should tell a dragon her age, the true consequences, nuances and capabilities of fate magic...were things that sometimes grown men found hard to come to terms with. How much moreso for the ones that held the powers? "Say, Ithelle..." He spoke a little quieter now, so as not to be overheard and kneeled down to her level, his cloak behind him hopefully obscuring her from the view of the public still milling a ways behind him.

"If you'll excuse my forwardness, but I find your magic very interesting. Perhaps we can find out more of it together? Maybe then we'll be able to make more sense of those lines you claim to see." He smiled again and run a cool hand over her head, then fondling her limp ear a little. "Eh, is your hearing in this ear any good? If not I can help you with that too."
Rintho was excited by these prospects, there was not a sinister bone in his body, though to go with him would still be a risk for his test subjects. As was to be expected. But this card dragon seemed very obliging, much unlike that hateful lightning user. With her cooperation, he would probably make far more progress and have her back home, safe and sound, before anything got out of hand.
The last thing Rintho wanted was to be branded a card thief in Jiluria.

Back to top Go down
Stormkatz
Stormkatz

Things that I am :
  • ME Meercat
  • DDC Dingo
  • "Nice Girl"
  • Troll
  • Medium Poster
  • Chatbox Spammer
  • Really Too Kind
  • Rebel of Rogue

PostSubject: Re: Average Jilurian Antics. (Stormkatz, Artel and Zay)   Average Jilurian Antics. (Stormkatz, Artel and Zay) Icon_minitimeSun Apr 22, 2012 3:12 pm

Ithelle hesitated for a moment, apprehensive. “I don’t know, it’s kind of late, and I’m supposed to be asleep…” she said, flinching as Rintho touched her head. However, she was /so/ curious – surely there was no harm in following the man for a little bit, to find out more. At the mention of her ear, her bright, bubbly spark returned, and she shook her head in near-excitement. “Oh no, my hearing’s fine – it’s just bendy in the middle because I hurt it when I hatched. It’s fine… but you say you can help me understand the lines?” she asked, warming up to the man again. He sounded so helpful, so she was ready to trust him for the time being. Finally, after thinking hard, she spoke again.

“O.K., I’ll come with ya. Yer not nasty, are ya? I’m not supposed to talk to nasty people.” she checked, as if that would get her a perfect answer. She had been fairly sheltered from the outside world, and liked to wander outside the city anyway, so it never even occurred to her that this wasn’t a good idea.

Back to top Go down
Zay
Admin
Zay

Things that I am :
  • SR Salamander
  • Medium Poster
  • Platypus
  • Chatbox Spammer
  • Minion of Monty
  • Underling of Eldar

PostSubject: Re: Average Jilurian Antics. (Stormkatz, Artel and Zay)   Average Jilurian Antics. (Stormkatz, Artel and Zay) Icon_minitimeSun Apr 22, 2012 4:33 pm

"Yes I can help you, as much as you will help me. I cannot promise you definite knowledge but, we can search for an answer, definitely. You are young and vibrant and will be for a long time, we shall make the most of that." He returned to his full standing height and looked ahead down the street he was going to. Here out in the open air, the moonlight trickled down onto the cobblestones they stood on, inking them silver and blue, but they would have to go down a darker route back to his place. Where the cobbles were dark and sometimes it was hard to tell one place from another. He preferred it, really. The darkness was a friend, because the darkness knew how to keep secrets. Then maybe Jilurian thugs would not find him so easily.
"Come with me then Ithelle, you can trust me, certainly." He left it at that and led the way.

So far he had only the vaguest ideas of how to make the most of this...Then it struck him, a perfect idea. "Lady Ithelle, are you fond of animals? Any kind at all? Cats...dogs...birds, maybe even rats?" He spoke to the air as he was still watching straight ahead, only periodically glancing to his side to make sure they were not followed. "Because if you are then maybe you can help me, help them..."
Back to top Go down
Stormkatz
Stormkatz

Things that I am :
  • ME Meercat
  • DDC Dingo
  • "Nice Girl"
  • Troll
  • Medium Poster
  • Chatbox Spammer
  • Really Too Kind
  • Rebel of Rogue

PostSubject: Re: Average Jilurian Antics. (Stormkatz, Artel and Zay)   Average Jilurian Antics. (Stormkatz, Artel and Zay) Icon_minitimeSun Apr 22, 2012 4:57 pm

“Hey, I’m not /that/ young – I’m 8 years old!” she protested. However, she couldn’t stop herself smiling – the comment seemed to mean that Rintho liked her, and she liked making friends. Her mistrust had evaporated, leaving her full of energy even in spite of the late hour.

Ithelle nodded, and followed Rintho happily, keeping close to his heels so she didn’t get lost. As they turned into the darker street, she felt uncomfortable again – alleyways scared her, even if they were familiar. This one wasn’t, which made it feel even worse. However, the little bit of conversation Rintho provided settled her a bit. “Oh yes, I love animals! Not birds though – they’re a bit scary. Rats are nice though – all furry and small.” She replied, looking over her shoulder to mimic Rintho. She didn’t know what he was doing, but it seemed like some sort of game. It also gave her a better idea of where she was going, so she could find her way home later – she didn’t like the idea of getting lost.

“What do ya need my help for anyway, mister Rintho?” she asked quietly, not wanting to wake up anyone living nearby in case they told her ‘daddy’ that she was out this late. He would get angry if she was, which wouldn’t be fun for anyone. However, she was very curious – Rintho seemed to know all about magic, and she wondered why he needed it.

Back to top Go down
Zay
Admin
Zay

Things that I am :
  • SR Salamander
  • Medium Poster
  • Platypus
  • Chatbox Spammer
  • Minion of Monty
  • Underling of Eldar

PostSubject: Re: Average Jilurian Antics. (Stormkatz, Artel and Zay)   Average Jilurian Antics. (Stormkatz, Artel and Zay) Icon_minitimeSun Apr 22, 2012 8:18 pm

"Oh that is especially good then. Dear Ithelle, we shall be helping some animals to day then." He mused aloud, the optimism seemed shared, the young dragon was very enthusiastic for this. He was too. "And well, I need your help to help them! On my own I am only good for so much, it takes special talents sometimes to achieve special things. I suppose you could say, you are like a missing puzzle piece for them and I. We'll all be good for eachother then."
He nodded as he walked, they were nearing his home now, the winds were tighter and the paths narrower.
It was completely quiet in this part of Jiluria, bar the yowling of a cat he could hear.
He was just turning the final bend into his street when his eyes caught sight of a lone figure standing nearer the end. Completely indistinguishable, just a black silhouette against a blacker backdrop, but likely humanoid.
Suspicious Rintho thought, but said nothing.

He made sure to stand ahead of Ithelle when he ushered her toward the door, so as to hide her from said figure.
Then he opened the door, it eased open softly and he slipped inside.

The house was small, and modest, but piled high with scrolls, papers, inks, pouches, bottles...Then books, many piles and piles of books here and there.
"Excuse the mess if you will but please, go in, make yourself at home."
Back to top Go down
Stormkatz
Stormkatz

Things that I am :
  • ME Meercat
  • DDC Dingo
  • "Nice Girl"
  • Troll
  • Medium Poster
  • Chatbox Spammer
  • Really Too Kind
  • Rebel of Rogue

PostSubject: Re: Average Jilurian Antics. (Stormkatz, Artel and Zay)   Average Jilurian Antics. (Stormkatz, Artel and Zay) Icon_minitimeSun Apr 22, 2012 9:18 pm

Ithelle tilted her head. “Puzzle piece? Are we going to play a game then?” she asked with a smile, flicking her limp ear a bit. She liked games, and really hoped that was what Rintho had meant. He used lots of long words, and she was getting a little bit confused. Maybe when they were inside she’d be able to think better.

As instructed, Ithelle went inside and curled up next to a big pile of books. She could see words stamped onto the spines of then, and turned her head to try to read some of them, nearly wobbling over in the process. There were /lots/ of books in the room – more than Ithelle could count. Rintho must really like reading…

“How’d ya get so many books? Daddy says they’re pretty hard to find sometimes.” She asked, tilting her head the other way to try to read the spines again. She didn’t succeed, and eventually gave up, settling into a comfortable, curled up positing. She felt a yawn come on, and tried to force herself not to yawn by holding her mouth shut, producing a very strange face, before flicking her ear to the side and watching Rintho.

Back to top Go down
Zay
Admin
Zay

Things that I am :
  • SR Salamander
  • Medium Poster
  • Platypus
  • Chatbox Spammer
  • Minion of Monty
  • Underling of Eldar

PostSubject: Re: Average Jilurian Antics. (Stormkatz, Artel and Zay)   Average Jilurian Antics. (Stormkatz, Artel and Zay) Icon_minitimeMon Apr 23, 2012 11:45 am

"Yes, we will be playing a game...of sorts. A very fun game, really." He was busy rummaging about on his main desk, crammed to every inch with the familiar scrolls and ink. Then he had found it, a small unremarkable looking scroll tied with a neat blue ribbon. He also swiped a smallish pouch off of the side and loosed the cord on it to check the contents, yes, all was present.

"Oh? The books?" He called back absently, "Yes, scroll dragons, friends...They are quite a difficulty to acquire but as they say, a way for a will or...Something like that." He collected himself and nodded quickly, right. Everything was as it should be. "Okay now, I want you to listen very carefully dear Ithelle." Rintho took the opportunity to shift another pile of books from his disused desk chair and deposit them amongst the other ones left under the desk itself.
"Your magic...likes to spill out, everywhere...Without you controlling it. It will always do that, but what we are going to is see if...those squiggles you see...if you can learn to control those and manipulate them....Do you follow?" He inclined his head to her, then remembering he still had his mask up.

"Oh, pardon my rudeness." He unhooded himself and drew the mask down, so it simply sat like a bandana at his chest. His face was pale with a tinge of green, and his veins were marbled just as a corpses were. One could see he had inquisitive green eyes still, and brown-blonde hair in a short, but ill-fitting fringe cut.
Back to top Go down
Stormkatz
Stormkatz

Things that I am :
  • ME Meercat
  • DDC Dingo
  • "Nice Girl"
  • Troll
  • Medium Poster
  • Chatbox Spammer
  • Really Too Kind
  • Rebel of Rogue

PostSubject: Re: Average Jilurian Antics. (Stormkatz, Artel and Zay)   Average Jilurian Antics. (Stormkatz, Artel and Zay) Icon_minitimeMon Apr 23, 2012 5:48 pm

“Ooh, a game! I can’t wait!” Ithelle bubbled, hoping it was one she knew, or that Rintho would explain the rules proper;y. She haed it when people forgot to explain the rules – it was so confusing. She settled into a comfortable position and listened, gathering up everything she knew about her magic to see how it all matched up as Rintho explained. She already had a bit of an idea that it liked to spill out, and she could use it without meaning to, but it was still a bit confusing

“I… I think I understand.” Ithelle said, going a little cross-eyes as she looked at the coloured map of lines in front of her vision as they were mentioned. A couple of them throbbed a little, and one of two created an extra branch for themselves, but that wasn’t much use to her. She figured the throbbings were things happening, but she wasn’t sure what, or what the colour code system it used was. Ah well, one step at a time – maybe Rintho could help anyway? He seemed friendly, and definitely knew a lot more than she did.

Zoning back in, Ithelle watched Rintho fiddle about with stuff on the table, which she couldn’t quite see onto from where she was sat. However, as he pulled back his hood and mask, she did a slight double take. “Erm, are ya feeling alright? You don’t look very well…” she said, a little uncertainly. That must have been why he was wearing the big hood and everything.

Back to top Go down
Zay
Admin
Zay

Things that I am :
  • SR Salamander
  • Medium Poster
  • Platypus
  • Chatbox Spammer
  • Minion of Monty
  • Underling of Eldar

PostSubject: Re: Average Jilurian Antics. (Stormkatz, Artel and Zay)   Average Jilurian Antics. (Stormkatz, Artel and Zay) Icon_minitimeSun Jul 01, 2012 7:51 pm

This confirmed what he already knew, here was a young dragon in mind and body. Perhaps it was better that way, perhaps not.
"Yes, yes, don't worry my dear." He said somewhat dismissively. Rintho was scouring his room for a good medium; something that had not been dead too long, was quite small and preferably needn't much of his magic to make it live again. With a little help from the fate magic.

He'd dabbled in bringing back the dead countless times, but this would be a great aid...
"And here we are, Dear Ithelle, are you fond of snakes? Small ones, like in the everplain meadows?"
He had a jarful stuffed tightly with them, all wispy little pale green and cream things. Originally, they weregoing to be used for a different kind of spell in his necromancy, but that didn't matter now.

Rintho withdrew a small handful of the snakes with his forefingers and thumb, separating them from the tangle of the others, then hearing her words, he looked toward her with a smile.
"Oh no, I am very well. My skin is not as beautiful as your wonderful coat of diamonds, but I feel no worse for it."
Now he had them loosely spread in his right hand, with a few picking motions of his left finger tips he then lowered his posture, to show Ithelle. "These are quite beautiful too. Aren't they? Don't worry, they're harmless little things. Now, all I want you do, when I cast my spell onto this little bunch...Is to think hard, very hard." He paused, to make sure she followed, "Think about those squiggles, see what happens when you imagine them changing..."
Rintho nodded then, seeking her affirmation. "So, you understand Dear Ithelle?"

He wasn't sure what to expect from a card dragon, let alone one so young. Though one thing was for sure, all card dragons had great potential...the control was just more balanced in some than others, and they did not all necessarily share abilities.

Back to top Go down
Stormkatz
Stormkatz

Things that I am :
  • ME Meercat
  • DDC Dingo
  • "Nice Girl"
  • Troll
  • Medium Poster
  • Chatbox Spammer
  • Really Too Kind
  • Rebel of Rogue

PostSubject: Re: Average Jilurian Antics. (Stormkatz, Artel and Zay)   Average Jilurian Antics. (Stormkatz, Artel and Zay) Icon_minitimeThu Jul 05, 2012 9:21 pm

“Oh yeah – Daddy says that snakes are like dragons, but from a long time ago or somethin’. Like they’re a kinda dragon, but not as good yet.” She smiled proudly. She looked at the dead snakes with some curiosity, wondering why Rintho had so many dead snakes in a jar. However, it didn’t seem that out of place – she was convinced that everyone who knew about magic must be some sort of wizard, and probably had all sorts of exciting ingredients for potions. That might have been from a story book, come to think of it, but she didn’t mind.

“Oh, that’s good then – wouldn’t wantcha feelin’ ill.” She smiled, before going quiet and listening to the rules of the game. She shrugged off Rintho’s compliment, focusing instead on trying to understand what he wanted. “I… I think so, yeah.” She said slowly, trying not o be distracted by the fact that the tiny snakes were quite cute. “So, you want me to try now?” she asked to confirm. She had seen the squiggles stick together, or full branches die away, but never from her doing. However, she was sure that the basic principle had to be the same. She would just have to decide with branch to try to stick.

Looking at the snakes, a number of the branches were pulsing. However, they were so close to Rintho, so she couldn’t tell which belonged to what, or what any of them meant. She scanned over the coloured branches, and finally picked a small, twiggy branch near the end of one of the pulsing ones to try to stick. She was sure something that small couldn’t do much harm, no matter what it was. And if not, only another card dragon could have explained it. It seemed like a good place to start. She was ready when Rintho was.
Back to top Go down
Zay
Admin
Zay

Things that I am :
  • SR Salamander
  • Medium Poster
  • Platypus
  • Chatbox Spammer
  • Minion of Monty
  • Underling of Eldar

PostSubject: Re: Average Jilurian Antics. (Stormkatz, Artel and Zay)   Average Jilurian Antics. (Stormkatz, Artel and Zay) Icon_minitimeWed Sep 12, 2012 4:04 pm

Rintho smiled again, good, so she seemed to understand. He set down the jar of snakes on his table and removed a small tangle of them into his hand, before picking one in particular out of it.
"Ahm, we shall start easy I guess, is best..." He said, holding this one out toward Ithelle. "See, he is not moving now, but when a spark of life magic flows through him, he'll be suddenly awake and quite confused...he'll want to wriggle away to a dark place."
Sitting himself on the floor so he was level with Ithelle, and to let her get the best concentration she could manage (and as a young one, she'd need all the help she could get, he figured) he then let a soft pulse of warm and fizzling life magic flow down from his core into his arm then trickle to his hand.
The effect at first seemed to be nil, but gradually, the magic transferred up to the surface of his palm in a soft irridescence before moulding itself onto the snake and then vanishing as it slipped inside of it.

A moment passed where nothing happened, then at once the little creature started to flick it's tongue to the air and waver it's tiny body from side to side as it tried to grasp at what the place was around it.
"Ithelle, tell me what you have seen, and what you see now." He voice was calm and soft as usual, his eyes totally fixed on the little card dragon, the small snake now winding it's way around his fingers. "...And how does it feel to you?" Rintho added, having been focused on making a very controlled and gentle flow of magic to the snake had taken his attention off of Ithelle.
Back to top Go down
Stormkatz
Stormkatz

Things that I am :
  • ME Meercat
  • DDC Dingo
  • "Nice Girl"
  • Troll
  • Medium Poster
  • Chatbox Spammer
  • Really Too Kind
  • Rebel of Rogue

PostSubject: Re: Average Jilurian Antics. (Stormkatz, Artel and Zay)   Average Jilurian Antics. (Stormkatz, Artel and Zay) Icon_minitimeTue Sep 25, 2012 8:10 pm

Elli stopped trying to do anything with the coloured lines as Rintho began to talk, and just watched instead. As he employed a little magic, she saw a few branches flash and change, but nothing beyond what she would expect – they shifted all the time for no reason at all. However, when the little snake came alive in Rintho’s hands, she jumped back in alarm. From a little green line that seemed to be all alone, a whole three’s worth of branches had appeared, and were growing very fast indeed, like a whole handful of snakes.

“It – it made more lines appear, Rintho. And my tummy hurts a bit…” she said, noticing that watching the green line the snake had just made seemed to have taken its energy from her. That or she was just hungry – she had missed her bedtime snack that night. Maybe it was because she’d been focusing on the snake when it changed? She wasn’t sure.

“How didya do that?” she asked after a moment of thinking, “And why did the squiggles change shape? D’ya know?” she asked brightly, looking at the little snake as it wiggled about. It was rather adorable, and she almost wanted to cuddle it. Its scales were just the same texture as hers after all, so maybe they could be friends!

However, as she watched, a few of the new green lines faded away, leaving a smaller tree shape pulsing as she looked at the snake, and she realized something. “Rintho, the snake isn’t going to always be alive now, is it? It’s just for a little bit, right? The lines started to get shorter…” she added, dutifully repeating whatever she saw, just like he had asked.

Back to top Go down
Zay
Admin
Zay

Things that I am :
  • SR Salamander
  • Medium Poster
  • Platypus
  • Chatbox Spammer
  • Minion of Monty
  • Underling of Eldar

PostSubject: Re: Average Jilurian Antics. (Stormkatz, Artel and Zay)   Average Jilurian Antics. (Stormkatz, Artel and Zay) Icon_minitimeThu Oct 04, 2012 1:24 pm

Rintho observed Ithelle, her small moment of shock but then she seemed happy enough afterward. Good, he hadn't killed her, as unlikely as that was it was always a possibility dealing with life magic.
While he listened he said nothing, just nodding as she spoke.
"Ah, how I did it...that does not matter, but what it did to you does Ithelle." He seemed engaged by this, thinking of the possibility that maybe... "You say that as it came to life more branches appeared...and you are also right that it will only be alive for a while. There is not much I have given to this one, and yes, please continue as it changes..." A good estimation on her part, perhaps she already understood her powers more than she thought. They appeared to have met in the middle.

"The lines you see, although we have only just begun...I feel they may be, if fate magic is what I believe of it, possibilities. The connection of lines showing...what could happen...Most things we could do at a time we do not do; that breaks off whole branches of possibilities. If something is alive, then maybe your senses tell you what courses it could take, but when it is dead it will show nothing....Though...." He paused, thinking to himself then, he wasn't sure on what death truly entailed; he had never been dead before in the mind, which clearly was important to these "fate lines" if that's what they even were. Perhaps some would seem bigger to her if they were more likely or of a higher priority? All his speculation for now.

As he then allowed a flow of death magic to rise in his palm he felt the familiar coldness of it and then the contrasting warmth of life magic left in his fingertips subsiding. "Ithelle you know what they say though, befriending a snake is not a good idea." He chortled a little as he then watched the snake slow in his hand until it stopped altogether and became limp when he held it by the end of its tail.
"And how about now?"

Back to top Go down
Stormkatz
Stormkatz

Things that I am :
  • ME Meercat
  • DDC Dingo
  • "Nice Girl"
  • Troll
  • Medium Poster
  • Chatbox Spammer
  • Really Too Kind
  • Rebel of Rogue

PostSubject: Re: Average Jilurian Antics. (Stormkatz, Artel and Zay)   Average Jilurian Antics. (Stormkatz, Artel and Zay) Icon_minitimeMon Oct 08, 2012 6:45 am

Elli nodded slowly, not understanding completely, but gathering the jist of what Rintho meant. He used a lot of big words and complicated-talk, but she could just wrap her head around the squiggles being different possibilities. Hey, that was like looking at the future, all laid out in a pretty map! Except she couldn’t read it, but that didn't matter, did it?

“I – I think I understand Rintho. This is tricky…” she trailed off, looking at the lines. The green one that had appeared when the snake came to life seemed to wither a little, and she gasped. “Rintho, it’s shrinking – the little tree! What are you doing?” she asked, a little panicked. The snake seemed important now, and she didn't want it to go away. But the lines shrank and shrank, until there was once again just one little green thread spanning the length of her vision, blotted out by the masses of coloured branched around it. “It – it’s gone.” She said sadly. “And my head aches a bit – it’s tiring when the branches change lots.” She added. “I didn't like that game Rintho.” She finished, pulling a face.

Although the changes of fate paths had made her a bit sleepy, Ithelle was no worse off really. She needed a nap, and she was pretty sure that getting-up time was closer that her bedtime now, but she felt alright. “Do ya have a nicer game, Rintho?” she asked, with a slight yawn.

Back to top Go down
Artemis
Artemis

Things that I am :
  • ME Meercat
  • SR Salamander
  • DDC Dingo
  • Alarmingly Excellent
  • Dragon Hoarder
  • Troll Fanatic
  • Medium Poster
  • Chatbox Spammer
  • Really Too Kind
  • Rebel of Rogue

Female Loveliness : 73

PostSubject: Re: Average Jilurian Antics. (Stormkatz, Artel and Zay)   Average Jilurian Antics. (Stormkatz, Artel and Zay) Icon_minitimeMon Oct 29, 2012 7:06 pm

It wasn’t unheard of for Rintho to leave Syru alone for a few hours while he went about his business, but it wasn’t exactly common either. He was supposed to stay close to the house and not touch any of the various experiments which were frequently set up, but he usually found himself entirely unable to stay put for that long. Not when it was night, anyway! Rintho never seemed to mind him venturing out a bit, as long as he did get back before the lich did. Technically Rintho didn’t know about it in those instances and so he couldn’t care… but he probably wouldn’t anyway. Syru never got lost as long as he could see the stars.

Now, racing past the house metres above it in the sky, he skidded to a halt and cocked his head. Light magic came naturally to him, but he’d spent most of his life in touch with other kinds of magic as Rintho worked them, and he’d become attuned to the man’s own magic. Now, he could sense it quite definitely coming from below. All other plans were immediately forgotten as he ran down in a spiral until he dizzily made his way in through the window of his home.

“Winfo?” he asked, lashing his tail and slowing to a trot as he dropped onto a table. Another short stretch of air brought him to the next room. “Wi- Euh?”
Landing on the desk and scrabbling not to knock over any of the ink onto the scrolls spread there- oh, he would be in so much trouble if that happened- his perky gaze fell on Ithelle and mingled waves of confusion and curiosity crossed his face.
“Wi-i-info?” His voice distinctly whiny now, he jumped up to place his front paws on Rintho’s shoulder and peer over it at the other dragon.
Back to top Go down
Zay
Admin
Zay

Things that I am :
  • SR Salamander
  • Medium Poster
  • Platypus
  • Chatbox Spammer
  • Minion of Monty
  • Underling of Eldar

PostSubject: Re: Average Jilurian Antics. (Stormkatz, Artel and Zay)   Average Jilurian Antics. (Stormkatz, Artel and Zay) Icon_minitimeTue Nov 27, 2012 8:28 pm

He could see that she was already tired from that small effort, though to a dragon like her it must have seemed immense...The sudden life and death, of which she probably was not accustomed enough to deal with when she was linked to it...He could only guess, but to do too much more for now would sadly be in vain. He would have to return her to her home. When he heard a scrapping from behind him, at his desk, he jumped a little, half expecting her guardian to appear there -with a club. No, it was only little Syruvis though. Rintho smiled then, a good time for him to arrive.

"Goodnight Syru, I hope you slept well." He said, reaching a hand over to stroke the back of his velvety neck, as night dragons went, Syru was cared for immaculately. The dragon was already the size of a cat, soon perhaps wouldn't even be able to sit on his shoulder like this. "That is no way to greet a guest." He teased, then lowering himself down to his knees so they all met up at the same level. "Syru, this is Ithelle. Dear Ithelle, this is Syruvis, he's a little excitable at this hour, he can help wake you up a little...and for a mite like him he has the chirp of a thousand birds..."
Thankfully, Rintho did not need sleep, but it was a good way to pass the time, on the rare occasion he chose to. He did not seem to suffer to the same extent as the mortals about him if he did not have it but...even he had to admit, there was something about it that prevented him from losing his sanity. If Syru would allow it...

"Perhaps if you play together, you'll be able to play another game in a while." Rintho smiled softly and pulled Syru from his shoulder, placing him on the floor. "And you too, Syru."
Back to top Go down
Stormkatz
Stormkatz

Things that I am :
  • ME Meercat
  • DDC Dingo
  • "Nice Girl"
  • Troll
  • Medium Poster
  • Chatbox Spammer
  • Really Too Kind
  • Rebel of Rogue

PostSubject: Re: Average Jilurian Antics. (Stormkatz, Artel and Zay)   Average Jilurian Antics. (Stormkatz, Artel and Zay) Icon_minitimeFri Nov 30, 2012 10:25 pm

Elli’s eyes grew wide as she saw the little night dragon. “Hiya Syruvis…” she said hesitantly, before shaking herself down and grinning. The squiggles were moving and multiplying again, and her vision was getting quite busy, but it always got intense when there were more people there. The young dragons seemed nice, and she had a feeling that a game with him would be much nicer than Rintho’s game.

“Hey, I’m not sleepy yet – it’s not tha’ late!” Elli protested, but she wasn’t that interested in Rintho. The odd man wasn’t, at that moment in time, as interesting as an excitable baby dragon. She envied the way that Syru could just waltz across the air – she was so jealous of dragons that could fly. They got exciting magic that made sparkles or let them fly; she just got a headache and pesky squiggles.

“You can just call me Elli.” Elli grinned to Syru, flicking her damaged half-diamond ear out of her face as it flopped over one eye. Syru was so little compared to Elli, but he already seemed to have much more energy than she did. It was so far past her bedtime now that her eyes felt heavy, but she wouldn’t let herself fall asleep. Grown up dragons didn’t have bedtimes, so she didn’t need to go to sleep…
Back to top Go down
Artemis
Artemis

Things that I am :
  • ME Meercat
  • SR Salamander
  • DDC Dingo
  • Alarmingly Excellent
  • Dragon Hoarder
  • Troll Fanatic
  • Medium Poster
  • Chatbox Spammer
  • Really Too Kind
  • Rebel of Rogue

Female Loveliness : 73

PostSubject: Re: Average Jilurian Antics. (Stormkatz, Artel and Zay)   Average Jilurian Antics. (Stormkatz, Artel and Zay) Icon_minitimeFri Dec 21, 2012 12:12 am

“Guest,” Syru echoed suspiciously. As long as she wasn’t going to start stealing Rintho’s attention… well, he was all up for a good game. In fact, he rarely met other dragons, let along those close to his own age. Rintho played with him a lot, it was true- especially with magic, which was hugely exciting- but there were some things which just didn’t work.

“Hiya!” he mimicked her. She spoke differently to Rintho, and to Syru himself. “M’Syruvis. Syru.” Taking to the air once more with Rintho forgotten, he bounced in a circle around Elli beaming widely. “Play game?” he demanded. The prospect that Elli could be tired hardly even occurred to him; it was the middle of the night, after all. Besides, she was older than him and she probably didn’t need much sleep anyway. Rintho didn’t… but it was still impossible for Syru to keep his eyes open once the sun had risen. It had been fantastic in the winter when he was awake most of the time, but now it was summer the days were so long that he only had a few precious hours of night.

He didn’t bother waiting for an answer from Elli before diving at her from above, claws safely sheathed but tail lashing in excitement as he let out a tiny, high-pitched growl.
Back to top Go down
Zay
Admin
Zay

Things that I am :
  • SR Salamander
  • Medium Poster
  • Platypus
  • Chatbox Spammer
  • Minion of Monty
  • Underling of Eldar

PostSubject: Re: Average Jilurian Antics. (Stormkatz, Artel and Zay)   Average Jilurian Antics. (Stormkatz, Artel and Zay) Icon_minitimeWed Dec 26, 2012 8:00 pm

It was a blessing that they seemed to immediately take to eachother; suddenly, the card dragon was not so tired. Not when it had a flighty little companion.
With Syru happy to dive upon the card dragon, Rintho smiled gladly, he sometimes worried that Syru would not acquaint well with other dragons...he was not the sort that was often able to meet them. Humans and other natives were different as Rintho was able to take him out with him on his trading days.
Well, he had best let them get on with it.
"Syru, if Ithelle becomes too tired do not bother her and remember, like with any others you meet..." Rintho eyed Syru when he could between his springing upon Ithelle, a knowing sort of look. Don't be a ratbag now.

That said, he rose from his spot on the floor and made his way over to his cupboard room, thinking as he went. So he intended to learn more about Ithelle, perhaps directly try influencing her magic by using his own on her, it was very possible that Syru could learn from him as he went. Rintho quietly hoped that, instruction aside, accustoming Syru to all the use of magic about him would help him later when developing it on his own.
To Rintho, Syru was just as much a child of sorts as a creature to develop into something fantastical. It would be very telling, in time anyway.

Rintho snapped back to where he was, shaking his head a little, then searching through his cupboard room. He paced into it a few steps to pick up his staff. Rough, long and with a polished ball at the end. This would do perfectly, and night need only be dangerous if you were in the wrong parts. Going for a walk amongst the shadows didn't need to be unscrupulous if intentions were good. Perhaps he would take them for a walk, down to the local graveyard. For his own curiosity's sake.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Average Jilurian Antics. (Stormkatz, Artel and Zay)   Average Jilurian Antics. (Stormkatz, Artel and Zay) Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Average Jilurian Antics. (Stormkatz, Artel and Zay)
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next