Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

The Golden Egg (Monty and Eldarwen - oneXone)

Go down 
2 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
AuthorMessage
Eldarwen
Admin
Eldarwen

Things that I am :
  • Alarmingly Excellent
  • Minion of Monty
  • Thrall of Zay

Female Loveliness : 68

The Golden Egg (Monty and Eldarwen - oneXone) - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Golden Egg (Monty and Eldarwen - oneXone)   The Golden Egg (Monty and Eldarwen - oneXone) - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 30, 2008 6:05 pm

She let him finish talking before commenting on anything he'd said. He needed to get this out, all of it, without holding anything back. It was the only way his heart could be relieved a little bit. "I know," she said softly. And as a matter of fact she did. She had been at that stage in life where she couldn't take anymore, but she had kept going anyway, and she'd survived. It was easy to something like that to someone, so she refrained from speaking the actual words.

"Ying, you won't save her by giving up yourself." The sad part about this was that it was the truth. "We've all been there when they admitted that they thought two dragons would be better than one. As long as they know there are two out there, they will come after her as well. No, an end has to be put to this. And I will do it. It's the reason I've come here for anyway. It needs to be done. Once and for all." With that, she took her hand away again and looked straight ahead, thinking of how this could be done best.
Back to top Go down
Monty
Admin
Monty

Female Loveliness : 11

PostSubject: Re: The Golden Egg (Monty and Eldarwen - oneXone)   The Golden Egg (Monty and Eldarwen - oneXone) - Page 5 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 31, 2008 6:48 am

Normally, when people said that they knew how others were feeling, Ying wouldn't believe them. But he believed Siofra, because her past and her brother seemed so mysterious that it was very possible for her to feel the same way as himself. As the next few sentences came, it reminded him of the time in the castle and the time they had spoken with Yern. They did say that two dragonsd were better than one yes. But, if they diid carry on coming after them, then how would they put an end to it? They couldn't just kill them all. Once again, Ying had too many question and not enough answers, he hated that feeling so much. He looked back up to hre and let out a weak smile, "Thanks, Siofra." He knew he had worried her too much now and it was best for her to get back to work on the sling, whatever it was.
Back to top Go down
https://dragonscove.darkbb.com
Eldarwen
Admin
Eldarwen

Things that I am :
  • Alarmingly Excellent
  • Minion of Monty
  • Thrall of Zay

PostSubject: Re: The Golden Egg (Monty and Eldarwen - oneXone)   The Golden Egg (Monty and Eldarwen - oneXone) - Page 5 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 31, 2008 9:13 am

The thing was that killing everyone really did not solve anything. When these men were gone, others would come in their stead. The only thing that could end all of this was finding the golden egg, as quickly as possible. What Huor said was still mingling about in her head and she couldn't quite figure out what he had meant by it. Obviously the dragons didn't need to get hurt to get it, that much she had understood, but how is she going to get the egg? The Tribal Battle Blood were guarding it and there was no way to get in without getting hurt at some stage of the adventure. It was in the simplest terms too dangerous to not get hurt.

Not sure whether Ying was reading her mind or not, she simply stated what she thought out loud. "Huor said something... that there was another way. But I don't know how..." She looked back at Ying, not sure whether he had any idea of the whereabouts of the egg. "I need to get the egg, quickly, then we might be able to solve this for good." Though she was not sure what Huor himself was planning, despite him wanting to help her. Something had changed between them and she had the bad feeling it might degrade into a bad fit of rivarly. But at least, she had calmed down again enough to keep working on the bandage. It was almost done anyway.

"Now, to put this on, you will have to get up, I'm sorry," she shot Ying an apologizing look. "Not much, just so that your leg is straightened and that I can put this on it to keep it supported."
Back to top Go down
Monty
Admin
Monty

PostSubject: Re: The Golden Egg (Monty and Eldarwen - oneXone)   The Golden Egg (Monty and Eldarwen - oneXone) - Page 5 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 31, 2008 10:19 am

Ying wasn't reading Siofra's mind infact, he was too busy lost in his own thoughts. Then Siofra's statement brought him back to reality. He did, indeed, know where the egg may be, but only because of what happened so many years ago, then the actual egg itself was created. "I think I might know where it is hidden," Ying began. He didn't want to continue, but the look he gave to Siofra was clear enough to tell her that he didn't like the idea of going after it. Reading Siofra's mind, he knew she was puzzled at how he knew where the egg was. "It's all of what happened all of those years ago." Ying sighed, not wishing to remember the story. But it was why he and his sister were the only Yiang dragons left, the story that only they could live to tell and the Tribal Battle Blood...for they were there when it happened, and so were ihm and his sister.

Nodding, Ying slowly stood up, not putting any weight on his sore shoulder. He just hoped that it helped it to heal quicker and so he could walk properly and actually stand a chance at getting away when they needed too. As he looked at the cast, his memeroies began to haunt him of when he tumbled down the roof, the never-ending un-eaven edges on the roof that conitinously tore at his body. Then finally, the 50 foot fall that ended in darkness...he had never felt so much pain in his life, especially when he had gotten hit by the liquid. That dreaded liquid. Stopping in his thoughts, Ying looked at Siofra, not quite sure what to say at that moment in time.

Back to top Go down
Eldarwen
Admin
Eldarwen

Things that I am :
  • Alarmingly Excellent
  • Minion of Monty
  • Thrall of Zay

PostSubject: Re: The Golden Egg (Monty and Eldarwen - oneXone)   The Golden Egg (Monty and Eldarwen - oneXone) - Page 5 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 31, 2008 11:05 am

Seeing the difficulty the dragon had with dealing with the pain in his shoulder and on a whole, she simply told him: "You don't have to say anything. It's fine and it will get better after a while." Not wanting to push Ying to tell her anything, she still couldn't get this out of her mind. Since he knew where the egg might be, she could find it quicker than the others and maybe put an end to this very soon. Because the black dragon couldn't keep on running like this, even with Yang's and her help. It would be too much at some point and the wounds would take much longer to heal if they did not get the rest they needed.

She motioned to the dragon that she was done, and that he could relieve the leg again. She herself remained standing up, looking over to Yang who respectfully kept her distance so Ying and Siofra could talk. "Ying...," the half-elf started, but then stopped, not knowing how to put this. She needed to know, no matter how hard it was for him to remember, but it was probably vital for their survival. "It would be important." The look on her face was one of pain, she did not want to put him through this, but sadly there would be no way round it.
Back to top Go down
Monty
Admin
Monty

PostSubject: Re: The Golden Egg (Monty and Eldarwen - oneXone)   The Golden Egg (Monty and Eldarwen - oneXone) - Page 5 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 31, 2008 11:30 am

"Thanks," Ying said as he realised the cast was in place and he could now go again. Turning around, Ying was about to walk back over to his sister again to rest when Siofra said his name again. Listening intently, Ying did know that it would help, but he didn't think he could take thinking about it again. Looking back at Siofra, he didn't say anything. He looked back to where Yang lay on the floor before turning back around to face Siofra. "Not long ago, a man called Robert Alan went exploring up the mountains. He was exavating for bones of extinct dragon breeds. But what he found was something different, for he dug deaper than any man had dug before. He came across an under-ground cave, thousands of feet below the ground. It took him five years before he could un-cover it all. Inside the cave was a pool of liquid, but it wasn't water. It was purple. Taking a sample of it, he realised it burnt through any material he used for the cup - apart from one, and that was persh. Persh was another metal he found in that cave,but as soon as that persh touched that liquid, the whole pool began to glow yellow and it all drained out into another pool next to it, revealing an egg. The Golden Egg." Ying paused, not wanting to continue.

Back to top Go down
Eldarwen
Admin
Eldarwen

Things that I am :
  • Alarmingly Excellent
  • Minion of Monty
  • Thrall of Zay

PostSubject: Re: The Golden Egg (Monty and Eldarwen - oneXone)   The Golden Egg (Monty and Eldarwen - oneXone) - Page 5 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 31, 2008 1:55 pm

Siofra's eyes widened in surprise at Ying's story. "The Robert Alan? The guy that got executed for apparently having insulted the king in front of the whole court? He found the egg in the first place?" She couldn't believe it. They guy had been framed as a lunatic and now here she was searching for the exact thing that he had discovered. That was probably the only reason he got executed. Insulting the king might have been part of it, but the half-elf was quite sure he had only been punished because he wanted to prevent the king from doing the mistake he was doing just now. Namely going after the egg for the wrong reasons. This could prove to be even more dangerous than she had thought.

"You don't have to tell me the rest," she soothed the black Yiang dragon. She could imagine anyway and it would not be a nice story to tell. Now she understood even better why the dragon had been so reluctant to come out with it. "The only thing I would need to know is where the cave is... and if you know whether the egg is still there," she looked at him, hoping he knew the answer and hoping they could reach the cave before anyone else did. But then a thought crossed her mind. If Robert Alan had told the king about this, then why did he not send someone to the cave immediately but had sent her out to find it? And the other guys to do the rest of the job he knew she would not be up for. What was being played here?
Back to top Go down
Monty
Admin
Monty

PostSubject: Re: The Golden Egg (Monty and Eldarwen - oneXone)   The Golden Egg (Monty and Eldarwen - oneXone) - Page 5 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 01, 2008 12:24 pm

"Yes," Ying mumbled, knowing that he had indeed been executed for the complete wrong reasons. If he hadn't of been killed then the other Yiang dragons may have survived. Tell me Siofra, when you go back to your king. Tell him I want to meat him." Anger burnt through his wrods and eyes, his hatred growing. He knew he didn't have to continue the story, and he didn't want to. But he would do later to clear any question up in Siofra's head, he wouldn't like it but he knew he would have to. Hearing the next part of Siofra's question, he looked her in the eyes once more. He didn't speak but only nodded. Only the Yiang dragons and Robert himself knew where the egg was. Legend had it that he never gave out the exact location. "And I bet your wondering what Yiang dragons have got to do with this?" Ying asked, now looking back at his sister who had fallen asleep on the grassy floor.

Back to top Go down
Eldarwen
Admin
Eldarwen

Things that I am :
  • Alarmingly Excellent
  • Minion of Monty
  • Thrall of Zay

PostSubject: Re: The Golden Egg (Monty and Eldarwen - oneXone)   The Golden Egg (Monty and Eldarwen - oneXone) - Page 5 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 01, 2008 5:29 pm

"Hate to burst your bubble but I'm not going there any time soon. The king is going to rip my head off when he hears what happened and if I show up without a result that pleases him, which under the current circumstances, I doubt I will get." She sighed. The situation had been completely messed up from the start but it kept getting worse with every passing minute it seemed. Seriously, how did she ever get into this? She cursed the day she found out that... Ah nevermind, it was all water under the bridge anyway. It was too late to complain now and it couldn't be changed now anyway.

"Yes, I do wonder about that," she replied cautiously, knowing that this again ventured towards that part of the memory Ying did not want to recount. She followed his gaze towards his sister, Yang seemingly peaceful now that she was sleeping. At least she could recover a bit, which was needed by everyone of them. Ying and her needed some rest as well, but personally she wouldn't get any anyway, far too many thoughts were swirling around in her mind. Siofra turned her gaze back towards Ying with a questioning look on her face, wondering whether he would tell the rest of the story or not. Or at least reveal the location. She would have to go in pursuit rather immediately to make sure nothing more would happen, but she didn't care about that.
Back to top Go down
Monty
Admin
Monty

PostSubject: Re: The Golden Egg (Monty and Eldarwen - oneXone)   The Golden Egg (Monty and Eldarwen - oneXone) - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSat Aug 02, 2008 7:03 pm

"The day you found out what Siofra?" Ying asked, knowing that she was annoyed and reading her mind. Was she annoyed with him and his sister? It seemed so long ago that they had met, and he had met Siofra up a tree..."your not mad at us are you?" He contiued, before listening to her next words. Not wishing to repeat the next part of the story about the Yiang dragons, he could only sigh. "I guess I have no choice," he muttered to himself. "Well, Robert Alan had a Yiang dragon, a black one like me. But much older and much more wiser, only this one was a female. SO, Robert brought his dragon to the cave to show her the egg. But it hsd gone, there were dragon prints and human footprints everywhere and it was clear someone had taken it. and in actualy fact, it was one of the King's messengers. He took the egg back to the King, but Robert went after him and stopped him." Ying paused, because that night was when everything changed. He wished to skip the main bits out and just put it to Siofra briefly. "Things happened, he died, his dragon died and so did every single Yiang dragon in the world except for me and Yang." The black Yiang dragon turned his head away from Siofra as he said this, closing his eyes and the words came out painfully. A tear rolled down his eyes, but he wouldn't crack up. No, not now, there wasn't time.

Back to top Go down
Eldarwen
Admin
Eldarwen

Things that I am :
  • Alarmingly Excellent
  • Minion of Monty
  • Thrall of Zay

PostSubject: Re: The Golden Egg (Monty and Eldarwen - oneXone)   The Golden Egg (Monty and Eldarwen - oneXone) - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSat Aug 02, 2008 8:30 pm

"No no, it's nothing to do with you," she immediately said, not wanting Ying think that she was angry or even despising them. "It's just... It's just something from my past. The day my brother died, but that is not relevant now anyway." And that was the end of this for her, hoping that Ying would not push her now, even though it would probably only be fair, considering that she was pushing him.

"Hmm.. Well.. What happened to the egg then? Where did it disappear to and most importantly, who got it? Since all the involved people and dragons seem to have died." Siofra was utterly confused. She knew that Ying didn't want to elaborate any more but these questions simply came out and they would fill at least a few of the gaps in the story, without wounding the black Yiang dragon anymore. It made her want to cry when she thought about it. This was probably even more painful to him then it was to her to remember her brother's death. After all, she had lost one person. Ying had to live with the knowledge that he and Yang were the last of their kind. Another question she still needed answered at some point, but she decided not to ask Ying how it occurred that they were the only ones to survive.
Back to top Go down
Monty
Admin
Monty

PostSubject: Re: The Golden Egg (Monty and Eldarwen - oneXone)   The Golden Egg (Monty and Eldarwen - oneXone) - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSun Aug 03, 2008 8:45 am

Sighing, he knew he couldn't keep the whole story from her from much longer. After all, she had helped him and she had a right to know. "Robert stopped the man from taking it back to the king. Well, he merely stalled him. But the king actually came to them, and he began to open it. Robert and his dragon of course were tied back so they couldn't stop him. But not realising what ould happen, the King managed to put a small crack in the egg. And out of that crack shot a huge, purple light. It went straight through the ground without making a hole and aimed directly for the center of the world. If that beam hit the core, then who knows what would of happened. I know the core of the earth is an extremely far way to go, but light is the fastest thing." Pausing for a moment, Ying thought it best to say the next bit aftr he had calmed himself down. "Robert's dragon brokle free from the grip of others around them and stopped the beam. She simply ran infront of it, un-protected. And as it hit her, her mind corrupted, her power to talk to others through her head died along with her and the rest of the Yiang dragons. Why? Because they could communicate through their mind aswell. But there was something about that female that linked them all together, so when that died in her head, so did everyone else." Ying stopped his speech there.

Back to top Go down
Eldarwen
Admin
Eldarwen

Things that I am :
  • Alarmingly Excellent
  • Minion of Monty
  • Thrall of Zay

PostSubject: Re: The Golden Egg (Monty and Eldarwen - oneXone)   The Golden Egg (Monty and Eldarwen - oneXone) - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSun Aug 03, 2008 4:22 pm

Siofra pondered what the black Yiang dragon had just told her. "How come the king had survived?" She had asked the question out loud, without even realising it. She knew the king was stronger than he looked and that he was much more insane than most people knew - which made him all the more dangerous - but how.. ? The one thing she was certain about was that the egg had to be hidden or destroyed to avoid it getting into the wrong hands. It was obviously a relatively powerful weapon that could do so much more than kill a whole race of dragons, which was already bad enough.
Sighing, she let herself fall backwards into the grass, immediately regretting the action as a stinging pain shot through her ribcage. She winced slightly, but then found a relatively comfortable position to lie in. Still, she could not wrap her head around the story completely. There were still bits and pieces missing. "What is so special about you two that you survived? Not to offend you or anything, I'm just curious, and I wonder whether it is something that the men at the castle were aware of.." And then it hit her again that Huor had said that there was another way to get the egg rather than making the dragons drink the liquid. What if this special ability or whatever it was of these two Yiang dragons was that other way he was talking about? Damn, I should have let him speak, she cursed herself now.
Back to top Go down
Monty
Admin
Monty

PostSubject: Re: The Golden Egg (Monty and Eldarwen - oneXone)   The Golden Egg (Monty and Eldarwen - oneXone) - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSun Aug 03, 2008 6:07 pm

"...The king survived because he cracked the egg." This was all that Ying said, not going into anymore detail, but he found this un-fair on Siofra so he continued. "He 'let free' a small amount of the egg's power and so the egg spared him for that." Pausing, he watched as Siofra fell backwards on the grass. She had obviously forgotten that yesturday she had tumbled down a roof-top. But it was clear that the pain reminded her of that as she winced. "I...I...I don't know." Ying stuttered, looking back at his sister. He honestly had no clue whatsoever. He wanted to know...but then again, did he? Did he really want to know why him and Yang had survived when other perished in seconds. As if their life had never happened. "I think the men in the castle were aware of this, but not many people are since they don't know the true story. But then again, the story isn't told that Robert found the egg, stopped the king and his dragon sacrificed herself to save the world but it came at a cost of all the other Yiang dragons. No, it isn't told like that. It's told that his dragon sacrificed herself to save the world but it came at a cost of all the other Yiang dragons exept for two."

Back to top Go down
Eldarwen
Admin
Eldarwen

Things that I am :
  • Alarmingly Excellent
  • Minion of Monty
  • Thrall of Zay

PostSubject: Re: The Golden Egg (Monty and Eldarwen - oneXone)   The Golden Egg (Monty and Eldarwen - oneXone) - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSun Aug 03, 2008 7:28 pm

Siofra was more and more confused, though slowly the pieces of the puzzle were starting to fit together. She still wasn't quite sure where the men from the castle could fit in, it was all based on speculation only. But somehow she figured that Huor had been right, the other method to finding the egg was actually through the two dragons, without the liquid. They would have to figure out why they were special. Immunity to the liquid was sadly not it.
"If there were a way to find out...," she murmed, still lost in thoughts. "Stories are never told the way they really happened, it's part of life. Everybody tells things from their own point of view and how they want to see things, not how they really were. You wouldn't hear a murderer claiming that he killed someone if his life depended on his answer." The half-elf was now again annoyed at herself. These small idiotic wisdoms really were unnecessary and only vexed her anyway because they made her think about other events. Events that were better forgotten anyway.

She sat up again. "So, now we need a plan then. Finding the egg is utmost priority. We need to find it at all costs and if it's only to prevent the king's other men to find it. Any ideas?" Hopefully, she looked at Ying.
Back to top Go down
Monty
Admin
Monty

PostSubject: Re: The Golden Egg (Monty and Eldarwen - oneXone)   The Golden Egg (Monty and Eldarwen - oneXone) - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 04, 2008 8:40 am

As Siofra looked at Ying, he was slightly taken aback. "Yang, wake up," he said to his sister until she finally stirred. 'What?' She mumbled, half asleep. "Get yourself ready...we're going to get the egg." "WHAT?! ARE YOU MAD?! You know what will happen if we go there!" Ying gave Yang a stern look as if to say; shut up. He looked back at Siofra whilest Yang finally raised her scaly, white body from the ground. "Let's go..." He indeed didn't want to go and
get the egg after what it would probably do to them. But maybe he could reason with it. In his mind it sounded funny, reason with an egg? But it would have to be done. "Siofra," he started as his sister sat beside him. "When we get to the cave, will you go in first?" He had is reasons, reasons that if he, as a Yiang dragon, went in first then it would remember that the female Yiang dragon long ago stopped its power. Probably causing it to dis-like the breed even more that they weren't extinct. Ying looked up to the sky, how did he get into this?

Back to top Go down
Eldarwen
Admin
Eldarwen

Things that I am :
  • Alarmingly Excellent
  • Minion of Monty
  • Thrall of Zay

PostSubject: Re: The Golden Egg (Monty and Eldarwen - oneXone)   The Golden Egg (Monty and Eldarwen - oneXone) - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 04, 2008 8:25 pm

Yang's reaction alarmed Siofra though. And it enforced the feeling she had had for quite some time but not really wanting to think it because of the dragons' ability to read minds, but she distinctly felt that the Yiang dragon had held something back. Although she could not be sure of this. She didn't want to ponder this now though.
"Of course I can go in first. If I fail, there will only be one thing left for you to do anyway and that is run. So no need to risk your lives along with mine." The half-elf meant it. It quite simply was the way she saw things. If the egg was this dangerous for the Yiang dragons she was the only one who could try to get it anyway and should she fail, well... No need to continue that train of thought because if that were to happen, everything was lost anyway.
"So, where do we go? And are you sure you can manage yet?" Glancing over his wounds, she wasn't too sure if it was the best thing to do but then again... Time was pressing and if they didn't act, more wounds would be added to the ones they already had. Siofra called Shetan over to hear and refastened saddle and bridle and checked her weapons. She would have to create new arrows, no harm would be done with the broken ones that were left in the quiver. At least she had her sword and the dagger, which was still fastened to the belt with the sword. Maybe she could carve on their way there, if she rode.
Back to top Go down
Monty
Admin
Monty

PostSubject: Re: The Golden Egg (Monty and Eldarwen - oneXone)   The Golden Egg (Monty and Eldarwen - oneXone) - Page 5 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 05, 2008 8:01 am

"If you fail, then we will continue in honor of you. For if anything is to happen to you, then the egg will know where we are alrady and will want to kill us. So there will be nothing else to do but continue with the mission. Siofra, we have been in hiding for too long, this has to end." Ying's words came out relatively sharpish after Siofra had finished. He then turned his head to the sky and looked over to the mountains. The problem was, there were two mountains in each direction. Closing his eyes, he finally came to a decission, "we'll go West. And I think I'm going to have to manage, this has to be done." Ying's fear still bubbled inside of him, but he was now more filled with determination. For if the King got there first or anyone else, then it could be a repeat of what happened all those years ago. No, they had to get there first.

Motioning Yang to help him fly, they both took off into the sky. Ying still not that good with flying, but he was getting sed to the help from his sister. Looking down to Siofra and Shetan who were keeping up very well, he called down to her. "It will take a few days to get there, but we will have to stop and rest every now and again so maybe a little longer." They had one advantage, and that was that they could fly. But then again, was it such of an advantage if they could only go at the pace of a horse? Yes, horses were fast, but the King had horses aswell, so it would be pot luck if they got there first. Althought the Yiang twins know the location, the king would be able to find it since he had been half-way before. They could only forget he would forget the way, which was highly doubtful.

Five hours went by and Ying and Yang lowered in the sky, hoping to rest pretty soon. Thankfully, they had stayed vclose to the river and so Ying could lan in the water again. One minute they were in the sky, the next there was a huge splash as Ying landed in the river. Yang landed calmy next to the river bank and patiently waited for Ying to re-surface. Giving a sigh of relief as he did. The sun was setting swiftly and they had to find somewhere safe to sleep for tonight. Siofra was the best at this, and to be frank, the two dragons were exghausted from flying for five hours straight and didn't wish to start sniffing out somewhere safe to stay. They could only hope that the half-elf would understand this.

Back to top Go down
Eldarwen
Admin
Eldarwen

Things that I am :
  • Alarmingly Excellent
  • Minion of Monty
  • Thrall of Zay

PostSubject: Re: The Golden Egg (Monty and Eldarwen - oneXone)   The Golden Egg (Monty and Eldarwen - oneXone) - Page 5 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 05, 2008 11:37 am

Siofra simply bowed her head in silent and thankful recognition of what Ying had said. She knew it was hard for them to do this after all that had happened and all the insecurities of what might happena and the disastrous question whether they would even survive this.
Already up in the saddle and ready to go, Siofra watched the dragons take off. She had a lot of time to think while they were travelling but somehow her mind didn't manage to get a grip. Too much was whirling around in it and in the meantime the pain had increased again and her ribs were starting to make themselves noticeable in a very hurtful manner. She had to support them somehow, otherwise it would get worse. Her anxiety was that one of the bones of the upper ribs would crack further and pierce her lungs.
"That's alright," she called up to the dragons, not knowing whether they would hear her. Her voice started fading just like her strength. Pearls of perspiration were forming on her forehead, the pain was giving her trouble to hold up and keep on going. A look of relief spread across her face when she realised the dragons were coming down. She knew she would still have to find a decent place for them to rest and she would. Shetan knew where to look as well, so it should be a quick job and she could get some rest.
While the dragons were settling themselves and getting Ying back out of the water after his landing, she made her way a little upwards the river. Rather quickly she found a nice spot, hidden away by a few bushes and still close to the river. No obvious pathway was going by, so she felt this would be good, at least for the short period they would be here.
Back to top Go down
Monty
Admin
Monty

PostSubject: Re: The Golden Egg (Monty and Eldarwen - oneXone)   The Golden Egg (Monty and Eldarwen - oneXone) - Page 5 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 05, 2008 5:01 pm

Following Siofra upstream, the two dragons didn't speak much that day apart from a simple 'good night.' The night itself, seemed to go pretty fast. It wasn't long before it was moring and they had to get up. For the next few days, it was pretty-much the same rutine. Get up, travel for a few hours, sleep and repeat. After the second day, all three had entered the mountains and they were getting ever closer to their destination. It took a total of five days before Ying and Yang both lowered in the sky many hours before night-time. Since there was no stream around, he had to put up with the ground and the pain.

Ying loked at Siofra just after landing and showed no-exression on his face. "We had better rest earlier tonight," he said without giving reason. Lying down, he took one final glance at the sun in the sky before drifting off. He didn't care about finding a suitable place to sleep that night, for there weren't that many dangers in the mountains as to the forest or open plains. Both of the Yiang dragons awoke the next morning feeling completely refreshed. Nudging Siofra with her white tail, Yang attempted to break the half-elf free from her dreams. "You awake?" She asked.

Back to top Go down
Eldarwen
Admin
Eldarwen

Things that I am :
  • Alarmingly Excellent
  • Minion of Monty
  • Thrall of Zay

PostSubject: Re: The Golden Egg (Monty and Eldarwen - oneXone)   The Golden Egg (Monty and Eldarwen - oneXone) - Page 5 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 05, 2008 6:36 pm

Following the dragons' example, Siofra quickly fell asleep that night, trying to get as much rest as possible. Every time they rested from then on, she was working either on her arrows, or on a bandage to give support to her ribcage, otherwise she would not be able to take the pain any longer. It was increasing, the more they were traveling until she finally got the bandage done, which helped to ease the hurt a little. Slowly, but steadily, she also managed to refill her arsenal of arrows in the quiver, replacing all the broken ones. She wanted to have a good range of weapons at the ready, in case they ran into trouble and needed them. She wanted to be prepared. On the fifth day, when they were settling down earlier than usual, they all hung after their thoughts, unsure of what the next day was going to bring. The half-elf's mind was buzzing with thoughts and she had trouble falling asleep. She was confused and scared, scared of what was about to happen. Finally, she fell asleep, a troubling and light sleep that did not bring her the desired strength, rest and courage that she had wanted to gather over night.

After a rather rough night, Siofra felt someone nudge her, prodding something against her body. She groaned and moaned, not wanting to get up, not wanting to open her eyes. Then Yang's voice got through to her and she grumbled even more until she finally got out a "yes". As soon as her senses started to awake and she had opened her eyes, she realised that something did not feel quite right. Shetan was prancing about nervously although she was not even up yet and that was unusual for him. However, Siofra could neither see nor hear anything unusual in their surroundings, so she dismissed the thought as being nerves. "How are you?" she asked, already seeing that it was a stupid question. They were all edgy, uncertain of what was awaiting them and it was obvious in both dragons' faces. They looked like she was feeling..

Ying was leading the way towards the cave where the egg was presumably hidden away. The closer they got, the slower they seemed to get, not wanting to encounter what was bound to happen. Shetan was still nervous and no matter what the half-elf did or said, he would simply not settle down. They had only done a few paces when he was already glittering with sweat. More than once, Siofra asked herself why she had decided that this was important and needed to be done and more than once she was wondering why she ever took on this job. Not like she had had much of a choice. Before long they had reached the mouth of the cave. It was rather small, but at least there was a decent spot for Shetan to be left outside, a bit of a bush he could nibble on. She did not fasten his bridle to give him the chance to run away in case of danger as he was still signaling her with every fiber in his body that something was wrong, but she could still not detect anything.

Siofra got herself ready to venture into the cave, without giving the dragons a last look - literally maybe the last - her ears suddenly took up a sound that did not fit with the usual mountain environment. Her head flew up trying to make the direction where the sound came from, when suddenly she heard an old-familiar voice: "Now, now. What is my darling girl doing with the enemy? I hope for your own good that you were not trying to betray me." His voice was dripping with sarcasm and mockery. He gave a cold, nasty laugh. No need to look into his direction, she knew it was the king himself and a whole bunch of his supporters. They were surrounded. How they had managed to escape their senses for so long was a mystery to her, when suddenly it hit her. The bad feeling she had had.. It had not been nerves, it had been overhanging doom. She had known and felt it but she had decided to ignore her own instincts and those of her stallion. And this paid to be a big mistake.
Back to top Go down
Monty
Admin
Monty

PostSubject: Re: The Golden Egg (Monty and Eldarwen - oneXone)   The Golden Egg (Monty and Eldarwen - oneXone) - Page 5 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 05, 2008 7:07 pm

Yang replied to Siofra's question with a worried look and said nothing. But as she walked over to the cave entrance, Ying and Yang both stood behind her. They knew too well that they couldn't go in...yet. Until suddenly, Ying and Yang turned around at the sound of a voice. All three of them were surrounded and a man, dressed in royal clothing was the one speaking. Within seconds both of the Yiang dragons realised this was the king. Loosing controll of himself, Ying plunged forwards towards him, teeth bared and his eyes were filled with nothing but loathing. The pain was replaced with anger and kill. Reacting fast, Yang leaped infront of her brother and stopped him in his tracks. "Outta my way!" He snarled, just wanting to kill the king on the spot for it was his fault that all of the other Yiang dragons were dead. "Ying stop!" She hissed, finally calmming her brother down who stood next to her side. She too, wished to attack the king, but she had reason not to. For if they did attack the king, then his men would be onto them like a bullet.

"Well, well, well, what have we got hear?" The king said, smiling evily. "aren't you two supposed to be...well...dead?" Ying grumbled with his teeth still bared at the man. "Don't patronise me, it's your fault they are all dead and so it's your fault your going to die tonight." Yang had never heard her brother talk like this before, but she shared his hatred. For it was the King's fault they were alone in the world. "Heh, so your the the two Yiang dragon's that survived. Looks like we finally meet, and I see you have teemed up with one of my people? Smooth move." The last sentence was directed at Siofra. Ying took a step forwards and as he did so, a few of the king's men raised their bows and arrows, ready if anything were to happen.

Back to top Go down
Eldarwen
Admin
Eldarwen

Things that I am :
  • Alarmingly Excellent
  • Minion of Monty
  • Thrall of Zay

PostSubject: Re: The Golden Egg (Monty and Eldarwen - oneXone)   The Golden Egg (Monty and Eldarwen - oneXone) - Page 5 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 05, 2008 9:12 pm

As Ying made a move forward in an obvious attempt to attack the king, Siofra sucked in the air sharply. If he did, it would be their death sentence. Lucky for Yang's quick reaction who had figured the same. She knew that the dragons were outraged, but revenge had to wait until later. This was far too precarious to be resolved in such a manner. Too many arrows and bows were pointing at them. Shetan was snorting nervously and moving on the spot, trying to get out.

Siofra shot the king an evil glance, refraining from replying. He was trying to get her to attack her physically or verbally so he could pin something on her. But she couldn't help retorting something when he starting mocking the two dragons. "Yeah well, you know, you have to keep your friends close but your enemies closer." She had to play the part, maybe avoiding the dragons to be captured. She knew the dragons would be able to read her mind and thus know that she did not mean this. But it might give them a chance to get out of this.

"And that is exactly what I'm going to do," he said completely blunt, motioning to two of his bodyguards to get her. Taking her by her arms so she could not move on her own anymore, they took her into their midst and the king then looked upon her, with a sad glittering in his eyes. "I thought so highly of you but then you had to go and be disloyal. You disappointed me, my dear." Siofra fumed but didn't dare say anything else. This was bad. Real bad.

She glanced over at the two dragons, Ying still had the hatred written all over his face. She hoped he would not do anything stupid while she was going into the cave with the king. Even though he had not made a move, she knew that would be the plan. And she didn't have to wait much longer. He sneered at Ying: "Well at least you've shown us the way to the egg, then we don't have to waste any more precious time hunting it down." Siofra tensed in the grip of the soldiers, who in turn fastened their grip on her, hurting her more than necessary.
Back to top Go down
Monty
Admin
Monty

PostSubject: Re: The Golden Egg (Monty and Eldarwen - oneXone)   The Golden Egg (Monty and Eldarwen - oneXone) - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 06, 2008 10:04 am

As the two body guards advanced onto Siofra, it took alot of effort for Ying to not attack, but he managed. Both him and Yang watched intently as Siofra, the two body guards and the king entered the cave. It was a good job they weren't going to go in there in the first place otherwise both of them would be infuriated right now. But what could they do? "Siofra!" Yang called out to the half elf who was getting dragged inside the cave. "Think...mind" Tell us!" The white Yiang didn't want to say too much incase she gave it all away to the King and his men. But by this, she meant for Siofra to think in their mind of what she could see and so the two could read it and know aswell. But Yang doubted she would understand, for there must be too many thoughts going through her head already.

Slowly, Ying took the cast on his shoulder away from him and put it on the ground. As he moved, some of the men raising their arrows even higher ready incase he tried something stupid. Finally free of the cast, the pain had died down a little for it had been a week since he had broken it. It still wasn't fully healed but atleast he could walk on it a little and the cast was restraining him a little at the moment which wasn't good from their position.

Back to top Go down
Eldarwen
Admin
Eldarwen

Things that I am :
  • Alarmingly Excellent
  • Minion of Monty
  • Thrall of Zay

PostSubject: Re: The Golden Egg (Monty and Eldarwen - oneXone)   The Golden Egg (Monty and Eldarwen - oneXone) - Page 5 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 07, 2008 3:45 pm

The two bodyguards forced Siofra to walk with them into the entry of the cave. Further and further in they ventured. Yang's words still rang in her mind, she knew she had to think about her surroundings, about what it was she was seeing, but she couldn't concentrate. Her mind didn't work like she wanted it to. Fear was welling up inside her and controlling everything else. What was going to happen to her? To the dragons? To everyone if the king did a bad move?

Come on, Siofra, get a grip. Scolding herself, she finally managed to take in her surroundings more completely, trying to think of every detail clearly in her mind, as if she were reciting something. The passage was surprisingly large, unlike she had imagined it to be from the looks of the entrance of the cave. Parts of the walls were a glittering a little in the light of the lamps two further bodyguards had brought along, showing evidence of water someone in the rocks. It all looked like it was a hand-made passage, and the half-elf wondered who had done it and how long that was ago.

They were all extraordinarily quiet but the anticipation and anxiety in everyone was obviously growing with every step they took. The air was so thick with it, one would have been able to cut through it with a knife. The path took them a little uphill, winding its way like a serpentine. No passages split from this one, no niches to be seen anywhere. And then they came upon a huge cavern. Extremely huge. Despite herself, Siofra gasped in surprise. She had tried to imagine what it would look like after Ying had explained her the story. But this... this was simply far more impressive than she could have ever imagined it. This is truly fascinating.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Golden Egg (Monty and Eldarwen - oneXone)   The Golden Egg (Monty and Eldarwen - oneXone) - Page 5 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The Golden Egg (Monty and Eldarwen - oneXone)
Page 5 of 9Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next