Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

COMPLETED ~ Party Time! With Liz and Eldar

Go down 
2 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
AuthorMessage
Eliza
Eliza

Things that I am :
  • Gold Hoarder
  • Medium Poster
  • Really Too Kind
  • Thrall of Zay
  • Rebel of Rogue

Female Loveliness : 8

COMPLETED ~ Party Time! With Liz and Eldar - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: COMPLETED ~ Party Time! With Liz and Eldar   COMPLETED ~ Party Time! With Liz and Eldar - Page 5 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 27, 2014 8:07 pm

"Give me a little time to sober up and figure out if it's her or not. I know I've got a ways to go to being sober so I might just leave it alone and ask in the morning about who she is. Likely enough if she were Aethelwyn she'd have recognized me right off, I'm not tough to spot once you know what I look like." This of course was cut off by the woman in question sneaking up behind her and nearly tackling her in a hug. "Well if it isn't my little Rosie! You haven't grown an inch in over half a century have you? I didn't mean to interrupt but I just couldn't resist surprising you! Saw you when I walked in but you seemed preoccupied with your lover so I waited till I knew you weren't paying attention." Rose meanwhile had begun flailing and panicking over the fact that the taller woman was squeezing her like a child’s stuffed toy. That and she called her ‘Rosie’, a nickname she’d hoped to leave behind when she grew up. “Aethelwyn, do you have to use that old nickname our brat of a cousin Fallon gave me?” At this the blonde looked a tad upset. “Thought you’d like it better than the middle name your mother gave you, little miss Ophelia-Rowandell.” At the sound of that name Rose’s ears curled and she shook her head violently from side to side.

“Blast you woman, you say that name again and you’ll be bald!” Of course her older cousin paid her comment no mind and turned her cheery smile to Del’ure. “Quite the man you’ve managed to find, my name is Aethelwyn and I’m little Rosie’s oldest cousin by about ten years, pleased to meet you! Guess you’ve known her for some time or she wouldn’t be nearly so affectionate with you. She’s always been shy like that; guess the booze unwound her pretty good.” It stood to reason that Rose would invite her to sit and share a few of the happy stories they had from their youth, and after a round of laughing with two or three rounds of Rose yelling at her cousin to shut up with her embarrassing comments, the blonde woman stood from her seat and hugged the smaller elf. “It’s been good seeing you after so long, Rose, but I should be going I hadn’t intended to stay here this long, the little ones are probably wondering where I am. And if they’re wondering my husband’s probably worried sick.” It took a moment for them to say goodbye, but then Aethelwyn seemed to vanish among the crowd and slip out the door. “She was always good at that vanishing act of hers, the other three had their own talents with magic and I had the book knowledge. I didn’t mean for her to say nearly so much as she did, but I hope you liked meeting her.”

Indeed seeing her cousin was a refreshing turn of events, and finding out that she was happy and had a family made it even nicer. “So, now that you’ve met the bubbliest of my cousins, what do you wish to do? The way you mentioned music should be saved for later when everything goes back to brawls and broken tankards, but I wish to hear you sing and I have all the time in the world to wait for it.” This statement was coupled with an ‘eat dirt’ kind of smirk and an evil shine to her eyes reminiscent of the look she’d given him when she said she could handle stalkers herself. “Any ideas on what we should do next? I think I’ll grab a scotch to get my buzz going again after having my cousin embarrass me so badly. Aside from that I’ll follow your lead for a while, brain’s getting all fuzzy on me.”
Back to top Go down
Eldarwen
Admin
Eldarwen

Things that I am :
  • Alarmingly Excellent
  • Minion of Monty
  • Thrall of Zay

Female Loveliness : 68

PostSubject: Re: COMPLETED ~ Party Time! With Liz and Eldar   COMPLETED ~ Party Time! With Liz and Eldar - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 16, 2014 10:26 am

At the sound of the nickname, Del’ure raised a playful eyebrow but refrained from commenting. Rose was embarrassed enough as it was and it seemed as though her cousin was nowhere near finished embarrassing her yet. He could always toy with the nickname later. Plenty of time for that.

Del’ure laughed at Aethelwyn’s waterfall greeting and replied with a grin directed at Rose: “Yes, I think the booze did loosen her up a little.” Turning back to the cousin, he added: “My name is Del’ure.” He refrained from commenting on how long they’d known each other, preferring not to go into details and just leaving it up to Rose to fill her cousin in on the details she felt she wanted to share.

The laughter they shared was joyful and Del’ure couldn’t help but take pleasure in listening to the women’s bickering and the many, many stories they had to tell, some more embarrassing than others for both of them in turn. It was easy to tell that they got along well and had been getting along well for many years. With everything Rose had already told him about herself, he was glad that she did have a few family members, or at least the one, she seemed to be able to count on. It was important to have at least a few people in one’s life to count on.

When Aethelwyn disappeared and left the two of them to their own devices, Del’ure smiled. “Not to worry. She was a breath of fresh air and I really did enjoy meeting her, not in the least because she gave me quite a few stories on you.” A mischievous glint had crept into his eyes again as he remembered the few times Rose had cried out to try and shut up her cousin, in vain.

Rose wanting to follow his lead for a bit, made the demon settle comfortably back in his chair, glass in hand and contemplating his companion. Well the music was definitely going to be for later, though he wasn’t going to sing but he would make her sing; a very different kind of singing. But he wasn’t about to burst her bubble.
“Alright, go get us a few drinks, I’ll get some cards.” Without waiting for a response, Del’ure got up and walked over towards a corner where there were quite a few gamblers at work and asked to borrow a deck from one of them. They usually all had their own decks but were obviously not using all of them. He didn’t even have to coax them into lending out a deck but instead was instantly handed one with a grunt that could have meant anything. Promising to give it back later, Del’ure returned to their table and proceeded to hand out the cards.

He was fairly certain that Rose would know a thing or two about playing cards and whatever she didn’t know, he just filled her in on. The idea was simple enough and the loser had to drink. Short and quick games made for a lot of shot glasses skattered over their table in a fairly short time but the barmaids were attentive and regularly cleared the surface, replacing the empty glasses with full ones when required.
“Tell me to stop whenever you're not feeling like it anymore,” Del'ure threw in at some point. “We can always do something else.”“We can always do something else.”
Back to top Go down
Eliza
Eliza

Things that I am :
  • Gold Hoarder
  • Medium Poster
  • Really Too Kind
  • Thrall of Zay
  • Rebel of Rogue

PostSubject: Re: COMPLETED ~ Party Time! With Liz and Eldar   COMPLETED ~ Party Time! With Liz and Eldar - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 28, 2014 7:37 pm

Toward the end of an unexpectedly long round of cards Rose started to look a little pale and turned over her empty shot glasses. "I think. . .I think I've had enough booze to last through my next century. I give up." The little elf took a moment to get her senses under control and rested her elbows on the table. "I formally concede, you're better than me at cards, but it was fun all the same." She proceeded to go through a near tankard of water in an effort to balance the swaying of the room and the odd half-nausea that kept making her stomach flip-flop.

"I was always the one kid that came up missing at get-togethers because I'd wander off to read as opposed to running around and playing with my cousins. Aethelwyn was about the only one who knew where to find me, everyone else would panic and run about and shout for me hysterically, made no sense. After a while I stopped trying to be stealthy and just told someone I was going off to read because I was bored with the festivities. Can't exactly just walk away from you right here and go find a book to read, now can I? You wouldn't let me past the threshold!" Imagining the last part made her laugh again. "You're not the bookish type anyhow, so other than your typical pastime what do you enjoy?"
Back to top Go down
Eldarwen
Admin
Eldarwen

Things that I am :
  • Alarmingly Excellent
  • Minion of Monty
  • Thrall of Zay

PostSubject: Re: COMPLETED ~ Party Time! With Liz and Eldar   COMPLETED ~ Party Time! With Liz and Eldar - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 30, 2014 9:20 am

“Yes, you’ve definitely had enough to drink,” Del’ure grinned when she went for the glass of water she had within close range in the meantime, having deviated away from the hard liquor she had been drinking most of the night, except for the odd glass of ale. “But sometimes it just needs to be that way.” For whatever reason people drank.

Del’ure looked at Rose, forehead pulled into a surprised and questioning frown. “What is it with you and feeling the need to make assumptions about me?” He wasn’t quite sure what she was thinking, or if she was thinking at all with the amount of alcohol she had in her blood. Nor was he certain she’d even remember this or actually process what he would reply to her questions. But it was slowly starting to grate along his nerves that she seemed to think she knew him better than he knew himself; cute face or no.

“So what is my typical pastime then? Would you care to enlighten me? I’m sure you have something to say about what other kinds of things I like doing in my free time.” She liked making assumptions, well then she could go on right ahead and tell him what she thought of him and his so-called typical pastimes.
Settling comfortably back in his chair, Del’ure kept one hand around his pint of ale, swirling it around from time to time, though his eyes didn’t leave Rose’s face.
Back to top Go down
Eliza
Eliza

Things that I am :
  • Gold Hoarder
  • Medium Poster
  • Really Too Kind
  • Thrall of Zay
  • Rebel of Rogue

PostSubject: Re: COMPLETED ~ Party Time! With Liz and Eldar   COMPLETED ~ Party Time! With Liz and Eldar - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 30, 2014 1:59 pm

"I didn't assume anything, though. I just asked to know something past what you might usually do with your spare time, regardless of what that might be. I'm sorry I wasn't clear but I don't rightfully know what all you do with your time. I can look very stupid and tell you what I think but I'm not sure if that's what you're getting at." Throughout all of it, past her initial look at him only to see he was frowning at her, she kept her gaze fixed on her water glass. "I really didn't mean to make it look like I was assuming I knew anything, b-but since you asked I'd say you rather enjoy the company of attractive women. Don't quite know if that counts but it's something I noticed over the time I've been around you. I'm an observant person by nature, so judging by the look you gave me this must have happened a number of times since we met and you're getting annoyed. I hope I'm wrong, but in case I'm correct, I'm sorry for making assumptions about you without asking you about it first. I shouldn't say things out of the clear blue without thinking."

At that point she ventured to look up at him, hoping his expression had changed. "I hope you can forgive me, didn't mean to get on your nerves. Also I'd hate to see you get wrinkles from frowning so much. Can't believe I made such an idiot of myself, one more reason to only drink on rare occasion. Especially in large amounts and with a man like yourself. By a man 'like you' I mean a man who doesn't mind being around me for long periods of time. I'd hate to part ways with you on a sour note because I couldn't keep my mouth under control."
Back to top Go down
Eldarwen
Admin
Eldarwen

Things that I am :
  • Alarmingly Excellent
  • Minion of Monty
  • Thrall of Zay

PostSubject: Re: COMPLETED ~ Party Time! With Liz and Eldar   COMPLETED ~ Party Time! With Liz and Eldar - Page 5 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 31, 2014 3:05 pm

“No, it isn’t the first time, but don’t worry, I’m not annoyed or angry at you.” Del’ure gave her a hint of a smile when she finally looked up from staring fixedly into her glass. He hadn’t intended for her to go all defensive and apologetic though he was glad he had gotten his point across as well. “But I do wonder sometimes why it is that people think certain things without having proof, merely because yes, you’re absolutely right, I quite like surrounding myself with attractive women. I mean, you’re living proof of that, are you not?”

The grin was back on his face full-force, not in the least because he rather enjoyed seeing her squirm. Maybe he should have let her win a little more so she wouldn’t have had quite so much to drink. Ah well, it was done now.

“Oh don’t worry about my complexion, sweetheart. Women will be smouldering over me even when I’m old and wrinkled because I’m just that good-looking. Or would you object to that assessment?” He grinned mischievously at her, not even taking a word of what he had just said seriously. “In earnest though, no harm done. There is nothing to forgive. And by the way, if you work that mouth as effectively in other areas, well then…”

It was a shot in the dark, he was almost certain of it, but it was just too good an opportunity to pass up, especially since she had so nicely presented it. Either he was going to be amused by her reaction, or they were going to end up in bed quicker than he had expected, neither of which he would mind, especially the latter. He could already feel the grin spreading across his face as he watched her.
Back to top Go down
Eliza
Eliza

Things that I am :
  • Gold Hoarder
  • Medium Poster
  • Really Too Kind
  • Thrall of Zay
  • Rebel of Rogue

PostSubject: Re: COMPLETED ~ Party Time! With Liz and Eldar   COMPLETED ~ Party Time! With Liz and Eldar - Page 5 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 31, 2014 7:09 pm

"You're that good looking I won't object to that. You forget I might as well be a virgin; I haven't been with anyone in decades." Now she looked like some nervous little girl, blushing like an idiot and unable to sit still in her seat. "This is where I'm dreadfully, hopelessly awkward, I feel like I've regressed about seventy years suddenly." She was just nervous that he'd suddenly become so forward about it, but her nerves were far from frazzled. Nervous was less the term than anxious, since she hadn't gotten close to anyone since her husband died. "I have one last game I'd like to play before we do anything else, could we play a game of bullshit? Instead of going by the cards we go by facts we say about ourselves. If you get caught lying you pick up the card pile, if the person calling bs is wrong they pick up the cards, just like the game normally goes. You up for it?"

As she was explaining the game she sneaked her hand over and pulled the deck away from Del'ure before shuffling the cards about five different ways. She was good at moving the cards but actually playing games was a different world and she was horrible most of the time. After dealing the hand she sat back and thought for a moment about her first thing she was going to say. "I don't think either of us needs more punishment than all this booze is going to hand us come sunrise so no shots this time." Now she was hoping that perhaps her hangover wouldn't be too terrible, she didn't like the idea of sleeping all day and waking up alone in a cold bed.
Back to top Go down
Eldarwen
Admin
Eldarwen

Things that I am :
  • Alarmingly Excellent
  • Minion of Monty
  • Thrall of Zay

PostSubject: Re: COMPLETED ~ Party Time! With Liz and Eldar   COMPLETED ~ Party Time! With Liz and Eldar - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 04, 2014 6:49 pm

“Frankly, sweetheart, I’m not much up for card games any longer.” Del’ure remained comfortably settled in his chair as he had been throughout their discussion and he didn’t show any inclination of moving for the time being unless there was a really good incentive. The game idea wasn’t. While it wasn’t the cards he minded, it was the fact that she wanted to change the rules and turn it into something more personal.

All the more so because she had suddenly taken a drastic step backwards and started behaving like a young girl who had never felt the touch of a man, while previously on their travels, she had been fairly open and freely spoken about her sexual life with her ex-husband, or lack thereof. It confused him. But it also smelled like a challenge.

So he finally shifted in his chair and seated himself so he properly faced Rose again. “But alright, I shall indulge you a little longer, seeing that we did have a lot of fun so far. Let’s play your game then. After that, you play my game, no excuses.” Watching her shuffle the cards, he agreed: “No more shots.” After watching her fiddle with the cards a little longer, he added: “And you’re going to start.” The slow grin was back on his face as he moved his eyes from her hands to her face.
Back to top Go down
Eliza
Eliza

Things that I am :
  • Gold Hoarder
  • Medium Poster
  • Really Too Kind
  • Thrall of Zay
  • Rebel of Rogue

PostSubject: Re: COMPLETED ~ Party Time! With Liz and Eldar   COMPLETED ~ Party Time! With Liz and Eldar - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 04, 2014 7:55 pm

She rolled her eyes silently and exhaled. "If you insist, but this shouldn't take long I'm a horrible liar." Here she placed her first card down and did her best not to get flustered. "I. . .Well, the first time I ever got drunk I paraded around my parents' house with no trousers on. I'm surprised Aethelwyn didn't spill that little family secret in her little chat." Several cards later she started to feel very uncomfortable trying to tell him about herself and the tavern was beginning to calm for the night. Outside several of the major street lanterns were being doused, and those staying in the inn behind the tavern had pretty much all retired for the night leaving very few people actually still up besides the staff.

"You know, maybe one last card game was a bit much to ask. If you want to retire for the night, then alright." She knew what was going to happen, and the idea scared the hell out of her, but it was something she'd just have to get over. Rose left the cards at the table where Del'ure had gotten them previously before unsteadily heading back to the table. "Now that I'm standing I'm beginning to question whether I can get to our quarters by myself, that's alarming." There was a smile accompanying this last statement but she still felt overly nervous, hoping that when morning came she wouldn't instantly regret tonight's adventures.
Back to top Go down
Eldarwen
Admin
Eldarwen

Things that I am :
  • Alarmingly Excellent
  • Minion of Monty
  • Thrall of Zay

PostSubject: Re: COMPLETED ~ Party Time! With Liz and Eldar   COMPLETED ~ Party Time! With Liz and Eldar - Page 5 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 05, 2014 10:25 am

While they played, the town, including their tavern, seemed to start going to sleep and Del’ure was about to suggest that maybe they should consider doing the same when Rose stopped playing and said exactly what was on his mind; had been on his mind since before he agreed to another game.

“Maybe we should get you to bed.” Del’ure looked at Rose as she staggered about, and decided that whatever she was going to say, he was going to take her back to their quarters now, quarters she apparently wouldn’t find on her own anymore. “A good night’s sleep will do you good after this exhausting night, well couple of nights, really.”

Seeing that she was definitely not sitting down anymore, which was actually a good choice, Del’ure told her to stay put while he went to the bar to settle their tab. When he returned to the elf, he merely grinned at her swaying motions. “I thought you said you could hold your liquor?” he joked as he put an arm around her waist and took her hand in the other, keeping at her back as he lead her out of the bar and up the stairs.

The atmosphere was a little colder outside of the confinement of the pub but not overly so. Still, Del’ure let his demonic abilities play a little as they walked to their quarters, thinking that it might be better for Rose not to feel too chilly, not with the amount of alcohol in her blood.

After they had managed – somehow – to get up the stairs, Del’ure let go of her hand to manoeuvre the key into the lock, but keeping a firm grip on her waist to make sure she didn’t tumble. “You aren’t going to throw up, are you?” he asked quietly, his breath dancing across the exposed skin of her neck, ear and cheek again. How he loved playing such games, even if nothing was going to come of it. Rose may just be too drunk and he wasn’t one for taking advantage. Playing however, that he could do.

Walking her into the room, he moved her to the bed, so she could keep herself steady by leaning against the foot of the bed or by sitting down somewhere, before he went back to close and lock the door for the night. Everything they needed had already been brought in by the maid earlier in the evening.
Back to top Go down
Eliza
Eliza

Things that I am :
  • Gold Hoarder
  • Medium Poster
  • Really Too Kind
  • Thrall of Zay
  • Rebel of Rogue

PostSubject: Re: COMPLETED ~ Party Time! With Liz and Eldar   COMPLETED ~ Party Time! With Liz and Eldar - Page 5 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 05, 2014 2:17 pm

"I-I can hold my liquor! The drawback is the hangover, but no I'm not going to vomit. Being plastered more thoroughly than a fake statue is one thing, but losing my dignity ain't happening." She reached up to rub her ear and tried to hold off on laughing. "Stop tickling my ear you rascal!" She sat down on the bed and the weird dizziness subsided as she looked around. "Not as cramped as I thought it was going to be I don't guess." It was still a small room, and with Del'ure standing in it there wasn't much room to move, but for someone's Rose's size it was plenty spacious enough. "You won't sleep on the floor will you?" There likely wasn't enough space for him to, that coupled with the fact that Rose was starting to feel a little chilly and wanted someone to cuddle up to.

She wasn't really that sleepy, just starting to come down from cloud nine. "Wouldn't be fair for tiny little me to stay in this bed alone and put you on the ground. It's cold!" Not that he couldn't handle cold, but her brain felt fluffy and fuzzy and generally not effective to use. Without really thinking she kicked off her shoes and proceeded to start removing her weapons from obvious places on her legs and arms. What she didn't like the idea of doing was having to totally strip to remove the ones on her torso and upper legs. "Guess I have no choice. . ." It was another ten minutes before she had all her weapons in a neat pile by her belongings, and boy did she feel awkward having to fumble to find some of them without removing her shirt and trousers. At least she'd be able to sleep soundly without worry of either of them waking up with cuts or stab wounds.
Back to top Go down
Eldarwen
Admin
Eldarwen

Things that I am :
  • Alarmingly Excellent
  • Minion of Monty
  • Thrall of Zay

PostSubject: Re: COMPLETED ~ Party Time! With Liz and Eldar   COMPLETED ~ Party Time! With Liz and Eldar - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSun Aug 10, 2014 7:41 am

Del’ure, leaning back against the door, watched Rose sitting on the bed, unable to stop a grin from spreading. He had met many drunks already but not many who could keep babbling as much as the elf did. It was almost impressive actually. The question that remained to be answered the next morning was how much she was going to remember of all this.

“Nah, but it’s a fairly decent room as rooms in inns go,” he commented, letting his eyes move across the room briefly before returning to Rose, just in time to see the expression on her face when she asked where he was going to sleep. He couldn’t figure her out. One moment, she talked about sex as though it was the most natural thing in the world and as though she liked it, the next she was acting like a shy woman who had barely ever, if at all, seen a naked man, and now she was inviting him into bed with her? Granted, her pretext was that it was cold, but Del’ure could see the expression in her eyes all too clearly. The cold was not the reason.

Finally pushing himself away from the door, he slowly made his way to the bed. “Would I ever let you feel cold?” he replied in a low voice as he started taking off his shoes. He started to take off his own shirt but stopped mid-movement when Rose began moving her hands across her body and underneath her clothes to retrieve her weapons. It had a rather enticing tint to it – which he wouldn’t have thought. She was doing an awkward dance because she didn’t want to strip but it was still interesting nonetheless.

Del’ure finally tugged his shirt over his head, feeling the heat dance across his skin. “You know, I could have easily given you a hand with that,” he said as he stepped behind her and gently ran his hands down her arms before letting his arms circle her waist and pulling her back against his chest. “Warm enough for you?” he asked teasingly, before he removed one of his arms and bent around her to throw open the covers of the bed. “After you, my Lady.”
Back to top Go down
Eliza
Eliza

Things that I am :
  • Gold Hoarder
  • Medium Poster
  • Really Too Kind
  • Thrall of Zay
  • Rebel of Rogue

PostSubject: Re: COMPLETED ~ Party Time! With Liz and Eldar   COMPLETED ~ Party Time! With Liz and Eldar - Page 5 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 07, 2014 2:22 pm

"I had to fumble to find a couple of those, forgot where I hid them." When he pulled her back against him she felt her cheeks heat up, but not from being so close to Del'ure. Never in her life had a man been this gentle with her, and it was almost alien compared to what she recalled as "affectionate" behavior from her former husband. "You haven't let me feel cold thus far." After everything that'd transpired that day the bed felt like a cloud. "Oh sweet snake-tooth daggers. . .Laying on a bed hasn't felt this good in a long while." The rest of the night felt almost like a dream in her mind; not having to worry about sleeping with a dagger under her pillow or waking up with new wounds to be sewn or existing stitches to be repaired from painful lovers' quarrels. Not like she would have noticed the difference between a full night of sleep and a night of being awake with Del the way she felt when the sun came streaming through the window.

Her muscles ached in a myriad of ways she wasn't quite accustomed to, and after thinking about it this was the first time she'd awoken to such a feeling. She kept her eyes shut for a few extra moments to think and realized it was because she'd stayed in the same position the whole time she'd been asleep. "What a night that turned out to be." she mumbled as she tried to sit up and survey the damage to the room, remembering that she and her companion had both had a good bit to drink the night before. "At least we didn't destroy the room with whatever we did upon coming back here. Hey Del'ure, wake up, sugar. Can't sleep the whole day away you know." she teased as she reached over and lightly shook his shoulder. If he didn't get up it wasn't any huge deal, she'd just get dressed and wait for him to get up on his own before setting off to find food. She felt she could've eaten a dragon the way her stomach was yelling at her; but that also could've been her body disagreeing with the amount of alcohol she'd consumed less than a day prior. Either way she wanted food and her friend, as far as she knew, was still fast asleep. 'Guess I'll just wait for him to get up on his own.' she thought as she tugged on her shirt and trousers.
Back to top Go down
Eldarwen
Admin
Eldarwen

Things that I am :
  • Alarmingly Excellent
  • Minion of Monty
  • Thrall of Zay

PostSubject: Re: COMPLETED ~ Party Time! With Liz and Eldar   COMPLETED ~ Party Time! With Liz and Eldar - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 22, 2014 6:35 pm

When Rose shook his shoulder, Del’ure merely grunted briefly with a small smile tugging at the corners of his lips, but otherwise he didn’t move. The bed was too comfortable and he hadn’t really gotten that much sleep the night before. Not that he minded. Rose was satisfied, and so was he, and from the way she was moving, he had done his job very thoroughly – just like he liked it.

However, when she moved to put on her shirt and trousers, Del’ure pried his eyes open a little, unable to refuse the view that presented itself before him. A trail of power lashed out to caress across her exposed butt cheeks just before the cloth was pulled over them. “Well, good morning to you, too,” he mumbled, closing his eyes again as he languidly stretched across the whole bed, careless of where the bed sheets were moving to with the movement.

“Did you sleep well?” he asked when he finally opened his eyes and fought his way out of the bed. Strolling over to Rose, he placed a quick kiss on her lips before turning to grab his own clothes. “Ah, I could devour a dragon,” he yawned, stretching once again, completely unintentionally – obviously - showing off everything his body had to show.

Once he was dressed, he splashed a little water into his face and turned to the elf with a grin. The growl of her stomach had not escaped him. “Food?”
Back to top Go down
Eliza
Eliza

Things that I am :
  • Gold Hoarder
  • Medium Poster
  • Really Too Kind
  • Thrall of Zay
  • Rebel of Rogue

PostSubject: Re: COMPLETED ~ Party Time! With Liz and Eldar   COMPLETED ~ Party Time! With Liz and Eldar - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 05, 2014 6:49 pm

"I slept like a stone, and after a day like yesterday? Hell yes to food." As flamboyant as he was about showing off, the days she'd traveled with him had long since gotten her adjusted to his behaviors and physical appearance. "You really are a wonder to behold, Del. I'm not surprised women get so flustered around you." Granted it took quite a bit to not be that way herself, but what reason did she have to hide that sort of thing after recent events? None. "Even after all that's happened I still feel my face turn red when I look at you; and considering last night I'd say you're now more than familiar with me as a person." She took a minute or two to braid her hair and tug on her boots before looking up at him, eyes shining like liquid gold in the sunlight. "I'd say I still have a good deal to learn about you, but I know enough to feel at ease."

Not like that would stop her from asking him questions now and then when her curiosity got to be too much. It was plain to Rose that this was not going to be a romantic relationship, and that was fine with her. She knew what she'd be getting into with him and he likely had every idea what kind of trouble a woman like her would bring him. Anything food related would have been enough for the tiny elf at that point in the day, and after that they'd likely part ways depending on which way he ended up going. Del'ure was a pleasure to travel with, and wouldn't have minded if he decided to come with her on another adventure. She pulled a small list from her travel bag and grimaced. "Oh great, I forgot there was a matter of an old spell book somewhere up near Battle Blood cult territory. Looks like I'll be dodging priests and dragons and thieves this time around. Not to mention magic I can't hope to counter. Ah well, occupational hazards abound."
Back to top Go down
Eldarwen
Admin
Eldarwen

Things that I am :
  • Alarmingly Excellent
  • Minion of Monty
  • Thrall of Zay

PostSubject: Re: COMPLETED ~ Party Time! With Liz and Eldar   COMPLETED ~ Party Time! With Liz and Eldar - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 17, 2014 2:29 pm

Del’ure shrugged off the compliment. He knew the effect he had on women, and he knew that they knew the effect he had. It wasn’t arrogance, it was just simply that he didn’t much bother about it. It came natural to him to flaunt his body and to accept the attention it gave him without flinging it back into others’ faces.

Still, he gave her a nod of thanks and a smile tugged at the corners of his lips at her words. “You’re not so bad to look at yourself,” he murmured, pressing a short kiss to her neck when she began braiding her hair before moving away to get dressed.

There was a moment of tension in his body when she mentioned being at ease around him and he was suddenly weary about what she thought the previous night had meant. He had been certain he had been clear about his intentions – had she misunderstood? But then, Rose’s own attitude put his mind at ease and he relaxed again. No, she was completely aware that this wasn’t going to be a lasting thing. He would have hated to ruin the friendship that was slowly starting to build between them.

Once they had gathered all their things and were sitting at a table, impatiently – on his part – waiting for breakfast, he listened to her describe the next mission she was likely to embark upon.
“You know, there’s always ways to counter magic if you have a friendly and powerful magician willing to lend you a hand with charms and the like. Or just try and blend in with those nuts. I’m sure they won’t notice too much if suddenly they have one more crazy person raving about their crazy cult.”

Del’ure grinned at her over the steaming hot plates that were just then deposited in front of their noses. “Ah.. food.”
Back to top Go down
Eliza
Eliza

Things that I am :
  • Gold Hoarder
  • Medium Poster
  • Really Too Kind
  • Thrall of Zay
  • Rebel of Rogue

PostSubject: Re: COMPLETED ~ Party Time! With Liz and Eldar   COMPLETED ~ Party Time! With Liz and Eldar - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 06, 2014 2:29 pm

"If you're offering to come with me then you may by all means! As much as I care for my horse it's a bit much to constantly travel about without anyone to have decent conversation with." This book she wanted so badly was one she simply had to barter for, there wasn't anyone to kill or capture for this item. There wasn't much sense in fighting to get it, because to Rose the prospect of fighting a group of cultists that she had no real grudge against made her quite unsettled. Not as if she were superstitious about being cursed, but they worshiped the most violent breed of dragon still alive on the island: that in itself was terrifying. Her food hadn't actually been properly acknowledged when it was set in front of her, just eaten between sentences without a second thought as if her body was on autopilot.

Not taking into account what happened last night, Del'ure was quickly becoming someone she just loved to travel with for the sake of it. "You're welcome to come along on any adventure with me you so choose; I'm just buying a book up north so that'll be pretty boring if nothing goes amiss. After that though I'm off to the south to see about work in Calaina then back to my home to make sure it's still standing. That's what I get for building my home in a swamp, constantly worrying about whether or not I've had cranes move into the attic while I'm away." Of course having someone come to visit only happened...well...this would be the first time she'd invited someone to see her ACTUAL house. Oh the things she said when she didn't think. . . Oh well, too late to take it back now!
Back to top Go down
Eldarwen
Admin
Eldarwen

Things that I am :
  • Alarmingly Excellent
  • Minion of Monty
  • Thrall of Zay

PostSubject: Re: COMPLETED ~ Party Time! With Liz and Eldar   COMPLETED ~ Party Time! With Liz and Eldar - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 07, 2014 8:53 pm

“So you’d keep me around for the conversation, huh?” Del’ure grinned between two bites, shooting Rose a mischievous and rather lascivious glance, managing to roll the two into one, somehow. “But I might consider it. When do you need to be off?”
The reminder of breakfast was spent with easy banter and it was quite relaxing actually. And the food was delicious. Del’ure was on the brink of asking for a second plate but decided that he might just let this portion settle first and then see if he was still up for another helping.

“Oh, you’ve got a place in the swamps of Calaina? Interesting spot for a house. I can imagine it isn’t easy in the upkeep. Why on earth did you choose that place?” It definitely was an interesting choice and it made him wonder about the little elf. She was of course a complex woman and not the typical kind but this seemed a little odd even for her. With a chuckle, he added: “I guess there would be worse housemates though than cranes, don’t you think?” Like rats and snakes and tons of insects that thought it was a good idea to crawl all over the place.

Settling back in his chair, Del’ure stretched out his legs in an attempt to find a comfortable position to start the digestive process while slowly sipping on his drink, listening to Rose.
Back to top Go down
Eliza
Eliza

Things that I am :
  • Gold Hoarder
  • Medium Poster
  • Really Too Kind
  • Thrall of Zay
  • Rebel of Rogue

PostSubject: Re: COMPLETED ~ Party Time! With Liz and Eldar   COMPLETED ~ Party Time! With Liz and Eldar - Page 5 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 19, 2014 11:10 pm

"Hoping to get this book and get out of there before their next big festival happens, which doesn't give me much time if I want this done before it all happens. Suppose I could take my time and do that one at a slightly later date since I don't like being rushed." She paused and cracked a smile at his comment about housemates. "Far worse to be had but not by me 'cause my house doesn't sit flat on the ground. I'll go catch snakes and fry them but that's a bit different from what you're talking about." Somehow the urge to get up and get going wasn't too strong for her as she watched Del'ure slump halfway into his chair; and she followed suit. "Is there anywhere you need, or want, to be yourself?"

She'd feel pretty bad if he said that he had somewhere he needed to be in the coming weeks and he was choosing instead to amble about with her. "I don't mind you being with me through my travels but I'd hate to keep you from any pressing matters you might have. In regards to keeping you for conversation, you bring about an entirely different view to the word and its meaning." Which was entirely true, as she had barely spoken to anyone so much as she'd spoken to him in the last week or so. Not to mention she'd also gotten rather friendly with him in a way she'd never really done with anyone else, even her previous husband. Truthfully she'd feel bad when they went their separate ways, since it was inevitable that they'd do so at some point. For now she was happy to have someone she could just be comfortable with, and that made everything better.
Back to top Go down
Eldarwen
Admin
Eldarwen

Things that I am :
  • Alarmingly Excellent
  • Minion of Monty
  • Thrall of Zay

PostSubject: Re: COMPLETED ~ Party Time! With Liz and Eldar   COMPLETED ~ Party Time! With Liz and Eldar - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 20, 2014 10:59 am

“Ah, so you prefer handling a different kind of snake?” Del’ure asked, arching an eyebrow in a way that left no room for interpretation as to what he meant, especially not in combination with the grin spreading across his face.
“Maybe I’ll come visit you in Calaina some time and help you catch... snakes...”

Del’ure contemplated the situation for a bit. He did have somewhere he should be, or at least somewhere where he should appear sooner rather than later. But he wasn’t quite sure yet if he really wanted to keep that engagement. “Sweetheart, don’t worry so much. What I do with my time is still my own problem and you aren’t keeping me from anything. Whatever I do, I do because I choose to.” He flashed her another smile though straightened up in his chair to put his elbows on the table.

“However, there is one small matter I do need to attend to, and I’m afraid I might not have enough time to accompany you to the cultists if you’re planning on waiting. That is the better way though. I wouldn’t want to rush into anything with the cultists either, and the next festival definitely will be up shortly. At least it will give you some time to observe them, which might not be a bad idea either.”

Sighing, he drew a hand through his still slightly unkempt hair. “So I guess this is good bye after all.” He wouldn’t have minded spending some more time with this rather unique little elf but alas, life was sending them their separate ways.
Back to top Go down
Eliza
Eliza

Things that I am :
  • Gold Hoarder
  • Medium Poster
  • Really Too Kind
  • Thrall of Zay
  • Rebel of Rogue

PostSubject: Re: COMPLETED ~ Party Time! With Liz and Eldar   COMPLETED ~ Party Time! With Liz and Eldar - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 20, 2014 11:23 pm

"Not like this will be the last I see of you in any case. After Ironshas I'm headed back home to my swamp anyway so if we part ways here, no matter which choice I make about this book, I'm sure you could still show up in time for dinner on some night or another. I wouldn't mind having company, it gets rather lonely with only birds and other wildlife to talk to. Any time you feel like a visit you stop by alright? Cultists or not I plan to be home in the swamp in just a few short weeks." After going over her checklist of things she had with her, which was a short list all things considered, she exhaled and stood with a grin. "Might even have more battle scars by the next time I see you! My house is easy to find if you follow the warning signs that I post every mile or so; so perhaps I'll see you there in a month or two? If I'm not home when you arrive just make yourself comfortable, no doubt I'll be there shortly after you."

His comments about snakes only made her smile wider and laugh. "I'll show you how to catch and cook snakes, certainly! They taste halfway like fish and halfway like chicken when you fry them. Not to mention the venom is an easy poison cheat as opposed to making your own from whatever ingredients you'd have to gather." Of course she wanted to get up and leave right then but a little part of her wanted to wait to see if he had anything to say first. "So this really isn't a goodbye, I don't guess. It's more like an 'I'll see you soon', maybe?"
Back to top Go down
Eldarwen
Admin
Eldarwen

Things that I am :
  • Alarmingly Excellent
  • Minion of Monty
  • Thrall of Zay

PostSubject: Re: COMPLETED ~ Party Time! With Liz and Eldar   COMPLETED ~ Party Time! With Liz and Eldar - Page 5 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 23, 2014 1:36 pm

“Alright, thanks for the offer.” Del’ure grinned as Rose went on a rather lengthy, well no lengthy but longer than necessary, explanation on when he would be able to find her at her own house, which told him only one thing, and that was that she most definitely wanted to see him again and most likely not just for the easy conversation.

“I shall follow the signs. I’m not sure when I’ll be able to swing by but I’ll be sure to drop in on you for a visit some time in the coming weeks. For some snake adventures,” he replied, his typical grin spreading over his face again as he finally stood as well and moved to Rose.

Hugging her briefly, he pressed a quick kiss onto her lips as he pulled away. “It was fun.” He turned away just long enough to put payment for breakfast and a tip for the waitress onto the table, waved goodbye to the latter and proceeded to lead Rose to the stables. “I shall see you soon,” he agreed at her contemplation on what their departure meant as they each mounted their horses, already readied by the efficient stable boy. Tossing a coin to the boy, Del’ure gave a final wave and smile to Rose before riding off to go about his business.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: COMPLETED ~ Party Time! With Liz and Eldar   COMPLETED ~ Party Time! With Liz and Eldar - Page 5 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

COMPLETED ~ Party Time! With Liz and Eldar
Page 5 of 6Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next