Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

(Jiluria) Fair Play (26th Board)

Go down 
2 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
Zay
Admin
Zay

Things that I am :
  • SR Salamander
  • Medium Poster
  • Platypus
  • Chatbox Spammer
  • Minion of Monty
  • Underling of Eldar

Female Loveliness : 62

(Jiluria) Fair Play (26th Board) - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: (Jiluria) Fair Play (26th Board)   (Jiluria) Fair Play (26th Board) - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 28, 2014 12:00 am

Yuzan trembled violently under his words, promising threats and nothing else. If she had thought she would have found an answer, she had been wrong. Why did she bother thinking on it at all? She gasped as she was pushed forward, her hands in the mud and wet grass, but not for long as she picked herself up from it, yet still remaining on her knees as she turned around to look at him.
Her eyes were frozen upon him, to look away would be tearing them away as she noted the hand of his that found its way down to his sword.
She shook her head lightly in disbelief...not again...and to know all that he had done already...
"I have lain down you my Lord and little else....I...do not envy your hate for such a thing." The man was mad, dangerously, terribly, mad.
She curled her arms into herself, huddling her knees up against herself as she crouched.
Back to top Go down
http://www.google.co.uk
Rogue
Rogue

Things that I am :
  • Alarmingly Excellent
  • Chatbox Spammer
  • Underling of Eldar

Female Loveliness : 69

PostSubject: Re: (Jiluria) Fair Play (26th Board)   (Jiluria) Fair Play (26th Board) - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 28, 2014 12:16 am

Atoro could feel his hand tremble with rage on the hilt of his sword, gripping the hilt tightly so she would not see. He wanted to take it to her and run her through, slit her throat and leave her broken in the mud.
No, no. He normally kept himself in check, but Yuzan was nobody, and the day had brought one thing too many for him to keep his calm.
“You would hate too, if you had lived like this. I cannot even count all those that are dead; your hands are soaked in blood for what you are. You came to me for a purpose, selfish. I am just my coin to you, my privilege. How do you think of me now?”
He wrenched his sword from its sheath, holding it laxly by his thigh, although his fingers were like steel around it. He could do what he liked with her; she was nothing, nothing.

Back to top Go down
Zay
Admin
Zay

Things that I am :
  • SR Salamander
  • Medium Poster
  • Platypus
  • Chatbox Spammer
  • Minion of Monty
  • Underling of Eldar

PostSubject: Re: (Jiluria) Fair Play (26th Board)   (Jiluria) Fair Play (26th Board) - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 28, 2014 12:26 am

"It is true, I came to you for those things. I hoped you would understand." She spluttered out, not even attempting to answer to all the bloodshed he placed squarely on her shoulders. Yuzan watched as he drew the sword, the scrape of it shaking her insides and making her feel a chill all through her anew.
"I do not know my Lord." Yuzan uttered, the complete truth as she looked him over, a picture of malevolence. "What should I think? Everything I say is wrong to you." It was unfair that she found one so cruel as him...that only saw the very worst he could and nothing of who she was.
"You just don't have a clue, do you, my Lord? You are so, so blind..." She put her wrists to her eyes, not wanting to looking at him, even after she pulled them back away, tucking them closely to her.
Back to top Go down
Rogue
Rogue

Things that I am :
  • Alarmingly Excellent
  • Chatbox Spammer
  • Underling of Eldar

PostSubject: Re: (Jiluria) Fair Play (26th Board)   (Jiluria) Fair Play (26th Board) - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 28, 2014 12:38 am

Atoro wanted answers, not weak excuses and fear. He wanted to have something solid, something that he could rage properly about, rather than have her broken at his feet and clinging to the piece of mercy within him that had not yet seen her to her death.
He lashed out with his blade at the grass, a furious shout coming from his lips that he would not allow himself to do the same to her. He could see it in his mind’s eye however, the blood red on her dress and satisfying. His stare pinned her in place even as she hid her face, fuming and unable to find a gratifying outlet for all his fury.
“You whore; worthless shit. Tell me, elucidate to me what it is I am blind to, before I decide I will grant your wish and kill you. I am so close to ignoring that which tells me to hold you as I have and indulge.” His blade swiped out across the grass again, his whole body tense as he held himself so rigidly.

Back to top Go down
Zay
Admin
Zay

Things that I am :
  • SR Salamander
  • Medium Poster
  • Platypus
  • Chatbox Spammer
  • Minion of Monty
  • Underling of Eldar

PostSubject: Re: (Jiluria) Fair Play (26th Board)   (Jiluria) Fair Play (26th Board) - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 28, 2014 7:25 am

Yuzan was unable to speak beneath his anger, fearing every outcome to it, Atoro would not be pleased by any words. Simply because they were her words, she tried to think muster what she did have to say, at this point just as useless to be silent. But it entered her head, she did not even need to do any of this, if she was quick enough, she could jump into the river and be away with what little she knew of how to swim...but, anything to carry her away from Atoro was worth a go.
"Lord I've heard enough...you are so trapped in hate. Why can't you see that I do not want to harm you and never have?" She said, defeat in her paling words. You would then stand here and behave as a wretched best.
Yuzan did not want to stay to find out the feeling of his sword, she was not a fool. He had no power over her if this was all he offered her. Miserable to the core, Yuzan still watched his moves even closer now, just waiting for the perfect moment to leap away.
"Do you not feel my loss
?"
Back to top Go down
Rogue
Rogue

Things that I am :
  • Alarmingly Excellent
  • Chatbox Spammer
  • Underling of Eldar

PostSubject: Re: (Jiluria) Fair Play (26th Board)   (Jiluria) Fair Play (26th Board) - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 28, 2014 7:44 pm

"What do I care if you have heard enough? You are nothing." Atoro would not listen to Yuzan's quiet words, however truthful they might be, however inflamed he was that he could not even see them properly. He watched her like a hawk eyeing up its prey, waiting for her to move so that he could strike her down; a more tempting option by the moment, if she would try and fight against him a second time. However wild she was, he would not let her get the best of him, nor would he let her escape.
"Your loss? Damn you, to the furthest reaches from the Willow Mother. NOTHING, that is what you are!"
There was nobody around to witness the fury he felt, and the scene he made in it. His sword twitched round in his fingers, stepping towards her with a wild look in his eyes. He did not even know what he was going to do with her, let alone enough to stop himself; it was as if all his rationale had fled with such strong hatred.

Back to top Go down
Zay
Admin
Zay

Things that I am :
  • SR Salamander
  • Medium Poster
  • Platypus
  • Chatbox Spammer
  • Minion of Monty
  • Underling of Eldar

PostSubject: Re: (Jiluria) Fair Play (26th Board)   (Jiluria) Fair Play (26th Board) - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 28, 2014 8:15 pm

More words were barked from his throat, but Yuzan was already numb within. They only confirmed her horror to behold him, but they did little else but keep her dismay all about her.
She would not give him the further pleasure of seeing her in agony over him any more than she already was. She could not hide how she felt, as she sobbed deeply, but there would be nothing more. Why entertain his words at all?
Yuzan held her silence, not giving him anything more to speak about, or anything to respond to while she waited and watched, both of them caught up in a stalemate.
Except, he obviously believed he had won.

She did not believe she had; but she was far from exhausted of options, when the river remained.
"Lord, how must I repent?" Yuzan spoke softly, ruminating on what he might say in return...
Back to top Go down
Rogue
Rogue

Things that I am :
  • Alarmingly Excellent
  • Chatbox Spammer
  • Underling of Eldar

PostSubject: Re: (Jiluria) Fair Play (26th Board)   (Jiluria) Fair Play (26th Board) - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 28, 2014 8:59 pm

Yuzan weeped still, but it did not satisfy Atoro. She was merely pitiful, pathetic, and brought him no pleasure. She didn’t run, just sat there and took his insults, not exactly washing off her, but hardly doing much impact. He wanted more from her.
He swiped out across the grass a third time, then held his sword down by his side as he stalked the distance to her, reaching out with his spare hand to grasp around the front of her dress. He didn’t even take the time to loom over her as he might have done before, pulling her up roughly towards him with a sharp movement, anger obvious.
“Give me a reason to kill you, by the Willow Mother, I want to.” He pushed his face close to hers, eyes narrowed and brows drawn down, the whole of him waiting for the moment when she would let him run her through and he could have done with her, an end to this.

Back to top Go down
Zay
Admin
Zay

Things that I am :
  • SR Salamander
  • Medium Poster
  • Platypus
  • Chatbox Spammer
  • Minion of Monty
  • Underling of Eldar

PostSubject: Re: (Jiluria) Fair Play (26th Board)   (Jiluria) Fair Play (26th Board) - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 28, 2014 9:11 pm

Yuzan yelped as she was taken up by him, holding her hands close to the one that clenched on her dress. She tilted her head back from his face, not wanting to feel his breath near her or see so much...but it was inescapable.
"My Lord, I believed that you already had...so many reasons to kill me..." She said, surprised that he had not already pierced her throat, or her gut, or maybe her heart with that rapier of his. He seemed so keen to harm her, yet he had done little, and she wonder what stopped him from doing such.
Did he have mercy? She remembered how she had kissed him before at such closeness, he had been so fond of me, so warm and gentle...

She was limp within the closeness to him, her head rushing and pulsing, feeling so light with all that had happened and still happened. How is it she had let him do this to her? No, she still wanted to live, very, very much.
And so Yuzan spoke.
"I will not lie to you Lord...I cannot hide a thing from you anyway...Please let me go, else I will do all I can to escape you. I detest your treatment of me Lord. That is what makes me like this...so let there be no room for lies. That is the truth."
So when she would come to fighting for all her worth, so imminently, he could not claim she deceived him.
Back to top Go down
Rogue
Rogue

Things that I am :
  • Alarmingly Excellent
  • Chatbox Spammer
  • Underling of Eldar

PostSubject: Re: (Jiluria) Fair Play (26th Board)   (Jiluria) Fair Play (26th Board) - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 28, 2014 9:36 pm

Atoro clutched onto Yuzan’s dress, his fingers hurting from how tightly he gripped her in a fist. Her face was discoloured and streaked with tears and mud, but he still looked furiously at her. His eyes flicked over her face as she recoiled as best she could from him.
He shook her, snarling in her face again.
“You have lied over and over. You will not go, you will not escape. Hate it all you will, but you are mine.” He shook her more, drawing his other arm up to level his sword at her. His hand shook with rage, the point dancing in the air as he angled towards her, but stayed his blade for now.
“I hate you, what you stand for. Everything you are…” He could hardly spit the words at her, so furious he couldn’t even think straight to see the right thing to do.
He should have rid himself of her, then he would never have had to deal with her. Never have to deal with her any more; her whole existence would be gone.

Back to top Go down
Zay
Admin
Zay

Things that I am :
  • SR Salamander
  • Medium Poster
  • Platypus
  • Chatbox Spammer
  • Minion of Monty
  • Underling of Eldar

PostSubject: Re: (Jiluria) Fair Play (26th Board)   (Jiluria) Fair Play (26th Board) - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 28, 2014 9:45 pm

Was it possible for men so mad to lead nations? The answer was yes, and she would never have dreamed he could be so heartless. Yuzan looked to the hand that brandished his sword, even after he shook her again so determined to rattle her further...it could not go further, she was at her worst already it felt.

But how could she get away now? She stared back to him plainly, but then she leaned herself forward to him slowly, her face less than an inch from his, her lips almost brushing his when she spoke.
"I'm sorry, my Lord. I am very sorry for that..." but why should I care?
And then she raised a hand behind her at first, slowly, then cutting it through the air in her recklessness, as she ducked back to slap him hard across the face. You do not own me, you sick, depraved, disgusting man.
Wasting no time she jumped with all her weight to the elbow of his sword arm, anything to create a flurry of movement, her leap to freedom calling to her in the murky river.
Back to top Go down
Rogue
Rogue

Things that I am :
  • Alarmingly Excellent
  • Chatbox Spammer
  • Underling of Eldar

PostSubject: Re: (Jiluria) Fair Play (26th Board)   (Jiluria) Fair Play (26th Board) - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 29, 2014 12:18 am

“Lies, venom from your mouth!” Atoro was still loudly protesting, even as Yuzan brought her face closer to his, apparently fearless. He could feel the whisper of her every word on his cheeks, that heart-shaped face that he had thought for one night, might be the Willow Mother blessing him.
What a lie that had been.
But if she had been Surahnian, he might still have pressed forwards and kissed her then, even with the scars that marred her so deeply.

All of his heat for her evaporated in a moment however as she lashed out at him again, cold anger sweeping through him completely. He roared as his head whipped to one side, grasping tightly at her dress and around his sword as she tried to throw him off balance.
“You bitch!”
He pressed forwards towards her, thrown back into movement again from her strike, shoving back with his sword towards her. He was done, he wanted her dead. He had been holding back from her before now, thinking he would drag her back to Jiluria, but he had no time, no interest in that any more, when she fought over and over against him. Let her drown in the river, or drown in her blood in the mud.

Back to top Go down
Zay
Admin
Zay

Things that I am :
  • SR Salamander
  • Medium Poster
  • Platypus
  • Chatbox Spammer
  • Minion of Monty
  • Underling of Eldar

PostSubject: Re: (Jiluria) Fair Play (26th Board)   (Jiluria) Fair Play (26th Board) - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 29, 2014 7:22 am

Yuzan was aware of the danger and brazenness of her actions, but there was no returning to better things. The only return was to a slower, more painful death. So instead, there was this.
She watched as he readied his sword to her and decided in this moment, there was no other way to go.
Thrashing wildly, Yuzan took her window of opportunity again, paying no notice to Atoro as she focused upon the river, and she jumped toward it getting as close to the edge of the bank as possible. And then she leapt again, fear inside of her completely, as she plunged herself into the swelling river.
A cold and harsh chill washed over her strongly, rattling her bones, as the swift current of the river dragged her swiftly in its grip.
She used what scarce knowledge she had of swimming to tread the water, and paddle weakly to try and cross the river, but it was difficult and she found herself battling to merely keep her head above the water.
Yuzan could not turn to see what had become of Atoro.
Would he wait at the end of the river, or follow her to find her?
Or did he not care, and he'd give up? Or was it that he would depend upon it to drown her?
Back to top Go down
Rogue
Rogue

Things that I am :
  • Alarmingly Excellent
  • Chatbox Spammer
  • Underling of Eldar

PostSubject: Re: (Jiluria) Fair Play (26th Board)   (Jiluria) Fair Play (26th Board) - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 29, 2014 2:32 pm

Atoro screeched as he felt Yuzan slip from his grasp, wriggling away from his grip. He lashed out at her, trying to hold on still and do her harm, but she was slippery like a snake and managed to break free in the mad frenzy between them. He lurched after her, fingers reaching to grab her by the scruff, but she had already jumped.

The river whipped her away, disappearing below the froth of water for a moment before she resurfaced, already dragged away by the current. He yelled again in frustration this time, swishing his sword backwards and forwards through the air, his eyes locked onto her thrashing form.
“Lahrukan scum! I will find you, bitch. I will find you, Yuzan!” he shouted after her, sheathing his sword and starting down the riverbank after her, spitting with rage, one hand outstretched towards her. He would drag her from the water and beat her within an inch of her life, if the river brought her close. But as he broke into a run, following her along the bank, the ground grew slick and slippery with mud. He fell, crashing to the ground with arms and legs outstretched, shouting again after Yuzan, but halted now.

==X==

It was a very angry man that stalked back through the council chambers a while later, the mud on his clothes still drying from where he had fallen on the outskirts of the town. Atoro had been made no happier by the looks he had got riding back, and even worse that he now had to deal with []Rintho[/i]. He had lost Yuzan, Rintho’s fault, the man was alone with his sensitive papers, and the lich had forgotten (supposedly) to bring his coveted map.
It was tempting to just run him through, although he unhappily remembered the last time.

Everyone he passed earned themselves a glare, his entrance back to his study room not quiet or subtle in the least. The door shook as it crashed back against the wall, Atoro pointing one finger at the still-lingering lich. Perhaps it would have been better for him to have left in the meantime, although Atoro would have been no more happy.
“You lost me my prisoner,” he hissed, furious.
Back to top Go down
Zay
Admin
Zay

Things that I am :
  • SR Salamander
  • Medium Poster
  • Platypus
  • Chatbox Spammer
  • Minion of Monty
  • Underling of Eldar

PostSubject: Re: (Jiluria) Fair Play (26th Board)   (Jiluria) Fair Play (26th Board) - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu May 01, 2014 5:26 pm

At one point Rintho had indeed followed the man, but that had soon become bothersome when Rintho realised he was not nearly so fast as Atoro on foot, let alone when Atoro then jumped to a horse, though he had long lost the man before then.
Without many options left, (and indeed, leaving was out of the question) Rintho returned to the seized manor.
Sure enough, Atoro did return, and just as equally certainly, he was angry.
He is always an angry man. Rintho thought to himself, though now he could see Atoro almost shake with anger, his voice having become a white hot and sharpened point.

Rintho felt his words stolen from himself for a moment as he then tried to come to his own defence.
"Lord?" He questioned, baffled by what it was that Atoro had meant. "Was your prisoner of great importance?"

Surely he couldn't have meant that girl, she was a nothing to someone like this. It was hardly the case that Atoro was sitting on a bank of royal prisoners.
"My Apologies."

Back to top Go down
Rogue
Rogue

Things that I am :
  • Alarmingly Excellent
  • Chatbox Spammer
  • Underling of Eldar

PostSubject: Re: (Jiluria) Fair Play (26th Board)   (Jiluria) Fair Play (26th Board) - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri May 02, 2014 7:34 pm

Perhaps everything would have annoyed Atoro, but indifference was definitely worse than apologies. He stalked towards Rintho and slammed the door back behind him, every movement affronted and aggressive. Grabbing hold of Rintho’s robes by the front, he snarled out his words.
“You are an utter fool. What did you say to her? Where is she going?” It didn’t matter that there were plenty of prisoners, if Atoro wished to choose another; they were not Lahrukan, they were not Yuzan. She had slipped completely from his grasp, and all he had to show from it was a filthy uniform and an empty-handed Rintho. There was the stone Rintho had given him, abandoned in his rush after Yuzan- he could not even think her name without a torrent of profanities following it now- but he had not even gotten to the bottom of what it truly was.
“Tell me and I might let you go. If I am satisfied.” He did not think he would be though, when it would be a struggle to catch Yuzan now she had disappeared into the river.
Back to top Go down
Zay
Admin
Zay

Things that I am :
  • SR Salamander
  • Medium Poster
  • Platypus
  • Chatbox Spammer
  • Minion of Monty
  • Underling of Eldar

PostSubject: Re: (Jiluria) Fair Play (26th Board)   (Jiluria) Fair Play (26th Board) - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 10, 2014 10:54 pm

Rintho gasped as Atoro moved hastily to him, feeling the clasp of his hand grip onto his clothes.
"Nothing! Lord..." He was quick to speak in his fearfulness, but a wobble of uncertainty was there from the pressure as he tried to remember what he had seen of her. "I said nothing! Did nothing, only saw her and let her be! Indeed! Who is she and what is her name? I did not have the time to know then, and do not wish to know now." He exclaimed, squirming within the restriction of Atoro's hold.

"Where is she going?" He began again, speaking more and more to give Atoro anything he wanted that would make him slacken his grip. "If only I knew Lord, as I said, we did not speak and I could not know! I could only guess if she has run away she would go on to the next and nearest good town, Harglen! Yes, she might be away to Harglen if she has any sense or knowledge of the place, else who knows? She could go anywhere..."
Rintho tried to recollect his breath, but it was hard to do so when everything he said elicited nothing in the way of a response from Atoro but grave displeasure.

"...Though I might ask, Lord, why should you wish to find her? She seemed a frail thing and you must have many of those. I do understand great Lord that you have your laws, but is it worth the struggle to find such a disobedient and impish sort of servant again?" He had yet to understand how Atoro thought and how one could be calm one moment and enraged at another so quickly...and over these sorts of things. Well, perhaps this was a bigger problem than he understood, it seemed the Surahnians took their slaves quite seriously. The woman was doing herself good to run away, that much was clear, and he almost forgot who was glaring at him in the face as this thought crossed him, a vague grimace on his lips to think of working under such a horrible man.
"She might be far away and you might never find her and..." This was not helping his case. "Well, that is not to say you won't find her my Lord, I am sure you are capable and I would be willing to make up for what I have done and aid you in reclaiming what is yours..." He thought he might make this small catastrophe better by offering to fix the damage, but regretted saying his words almost immediately.
Back to top Go down
Rogue
Rogue

Things that I am :
  • Alarmingly Excellent
  • Chatbox Spammer
  • Underling of Eldar

PostSubject: Re: (Jiluria) Fair Play (26th Board)   (Jiluria) Fair Play (26th Board) - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 04, 2014 8:11 pm

"You are wholly incompetent," Atoro growled. Rintho was an utter waste of his time, and a nuisance to boot. He threw away his hand in distaste, a rumble of displeasure in his throat as he turned away from the lich again and paced across the room. Tied between wishing to claw Yuzan back to him, and revolted at the idea of letting Rintho into his business, he was quiet and angry as he pressed his hands down against the desk, looking out of the window but barely seeing the view from it.
"I know Harglen is the next town." Frustrating, frustrating. It was somewhat of a trek to the town, but that was less of an issue than the fact that the Defenders were making it 'home' for now, and he could not rightly leave his position at the drop of a hat, even if he so dearly wished to. Again, he could send others, but it would be more knowing of Yuzan, and he had wished to keep her as under wraps as he possibly could...

"She is... of importance to me." Atoro tried to be vague about the whole thing, not wishing to explain the details of the situation and how very delicate it now was. His teeth were gritted and his words sharply punctuated in his irritation still, however. "I do not want the information in her head falling into the hands of others. She, like you, is somewhat of an example that the most unpleasant of companions also are of the most use, occasionally." Rintho was not being of use today, however. Atoro's fingers curled into fists on the wood of the desk, and he turned to glare back at the lich again. "Thank you for reminding me of the situation. Do continue to remind me of how much you are anything but of use currently. Perhaps I will then come to the conclusion of what to do with you, even if not with this new mess you have caused."
He could not stand still, frustration and tension running high within him, and again Atoro started to walk to and fro across the room, glaring daggers at Rintho, standing so guiltily and small in his space.  "All you do is make things worse. Watch your words Rintho, I will make you pay this back a thousand times over." Could magic be used to find her? Magic was out of Atoro's depth, and he would have to rely on the man in front of him again for that... could he risk it, when it was such a fickle thing?
Back to top Go down
Zay
Admin
Zay

Things that I am :
  • SR Salamander
  • Medium Poster
  • Platypus
  • Chatbox Spammer
  • Minion of Monty
  • Underling of Eldar

PostSubject: Re: (Jiluria) Fair Play (26th Board)   (Jiluria) Fair Play (26th Board) - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 04, 2014 8:58 pm

Rintho couldn't wait to get away from Atoro, and yet it seemed all the words from his mouth made everything a little worse for himself, in trying to avert Atoro's anger. Offering to find Yuzan? Was he mad?
"A thousand times over and more my Lord, my sincerest apologies are yours." He lied, every ounce of self preservation coming to the fore with his lies, when there was little else he could do but grovel. Indeed, he knew he was a foolish man for even humoring Atoro on his previous requests, now what did he have to show for it? "I know I have done very little good but, I have also gained you a shard of the lightning stone, an artifact you will not find in all of the remainder of Dragons' Cove I'd dare say. Think on that...and the Charis poison, that is yours too now. And what a potent concoction that is, one you must be proud to own. I have my flaws and my redeeming parts...I'd hope you'd see both and well..." His eloquence slipped. "Let me off? I've given you some favours and I may yet do more for you, but, after that I'd hope you'd see them and well...we can forgive and forget my Lord, from the kindness in your heart and the gladness in mine."

A preposterous idea by any stretch of even his own imagination, absurd as that could be.
Kindness in his heart? What a joke...and now you look as if to be taking swipes at him even now. When they both knew it was so false, it appeared like nothing more than an insult, perhaps worse than saying Rintho believed him to be the awful human he was.
Back to top Go down
Rogue
Rogue

Things that I am :
  • Alarmingly Excellent
  • Chatbox Spammer
  • Underling of Eldar

PostSubject: Re: (Jiluria) Fair Play (26th Board)   (Jiluria) Fair Play (26th Board) - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 04, 2014 9:15 pm

Atoro did not have time to listen to Rintho's bluster, when he was already impatient, already wishing he was on the move and mobilizing those under him to find Yuzan... even though he could not. But, he still did not have time to be idling. Yuzan was a side project, and less important than his true work- something he should have done better to remind himself of, perhaps.
"And what will this lightning stone do for me? It is not even a striking object..." His attention was turned to their old conversation of before as the lich drew his thoughts back to it, his eyes moving to where it had been abandoned, such a valuable object tossed aside in his haste to be after Yuzan. He picked it up and toyed with it between his hands, his eyes narrowing with dislike at Rintho's words.
"You say the Charis poison is mine, but where is it? You are full of bluster and bullshit. Do you think I have the time for it now?" If only Rintho had shown him what to do with the lightning stone, he might use it again the lich for being such a pest. "Let me find the answer for you, as every other seems to take such a toll on you. No, I do not. You have given me more trouble than favour, and you still have debt to pay. This is only part of your payment."
First, he wanted to know what he could do with his lightning stone piece, even if he would not use it for the magic it held. Then, if Rintho could find Yuzan... but he could not let on her background either. That in the wrong hands would spell disaster, even without her running amok around the island. "You can make more of a dent by explaining what this does." He proffered his handful, although held onto it tightly still.
Back to top Go down
Zay
Admin
Zay

Things that I am :
  • SR Salamander
  • Medium Poster
  • Platypus
  • Chatbox Spammer
  • Minion of Monty
  • Underling of Eldar

PostSubject: Re: (Jiluria) Fair Play (26th Board)   (Jiluria) Fair Play (26th Board) - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 04, 2014 9:33 pm

Rintho snapped away from his grovelling state almost in an instant at the question posed to him, pulled quickly from offering himself to Atoro when faced with such blatant ignorance.
Now it is even harder to respect him. And yet, maybe he should have been more understanding? Atoro had not lived on the isle all his life, yet, Rintho still had thought they would perhaps have picked up something during their violent stay thus far.
"What will it do? A better question my Lord, what can it not do?" He frowned briefly as he remembered the catastrophe of the fall but then faced Atoro anyway with his words. "You hold the last part of lightning stone my Lord, what ...was once of the great five artifacts that held this island in balance. Its value now is beyond compare, you hold a piece of the craft by the greatest mage to ever walk this land, his master work...aside from the guardians. No, you will not be able to harm others with it, not without great magical skill and even then...no its value is its status and...how else can a lightning stone be reconstructed if we have no remainder of it? You hold this, the only lightning shard." Well, he guessed it was. Who knew what the Northern Academy kept?

Not put off by his jabs about the Charis poison, which Rintho had intended to offer back to him but had since thought better of, Rintho continued offering his knowledge, comforted only by the fact that Surahnians appeared to be blithering idiots with magic and could not harness it, much less be a threat with it.
"Imagine it, all those that would come to you to find the last piece of solace for the north west of Dragons' Cove. Perhaps the only remedy for the impending storm."
But then again, his words had become weapons too whether he liked it or not.
Back to top Go down
Rogue
Rogue

Things that I am :
  • Alarmingly Excellent
  • Chatbox Spammer
  • Underling of Eldar

PostSubject: Re: (Jiluria) Fair Play (26th Board)   (Jiluria) Fair Play (26th Board) - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 04, 2014 9:53 pm

"That is not a useful answer." Atoro was not going to have Rintho smart-arsing him. Although the lich knew much more about magic than Atoro did, that did not make him higher in position in any way. On the contrary, he should have been already explaining what the stone in his hand did.
As he had wanted to gain from the object in his hand though, this was a valuable power tool. Value beyond compare... although Atoro would not use magic, and did not intend on changing his stance on such a thing, this would give him a nice piece to use against the natives of the land. Their precious stones, so important... and this the last bit of one. He could call in mountains of favours with such a thing sitting in his pocket.
It seemed somewhat unassuming however, for an object of purportedly such great power.

"It could however, be used for harm, theoretically?" Atoro ran the stone between his hands, feeling the sharp grooves of it where it had been chipped off the main stone itself, the softer face where it had been exposed to the outside world for longer. Rintho would not be getting anywhere close then; the lich was without doubt, powerful magically. That was obvious, even to one with no knowledge of magic at all. "It had best be kept safe, then." Somewhere it couldn't be stolen or mislaid. The only lightning shard... it was of great importance apparently, but to Atoro, was more interesting for the worth others saw in it. He liked less the idea of pilgrims to this piece of history he now held however... he hoped that would not occur, or it would put a dampener on the use of the thing, and its interest to him.
Back to top Go down
Zay
Admin
Zay

Things that I am :
  • SR Salamander
  • Medium Poster
  • Platypus
  • Chatbox Spammer
  • Minion of Monty
  • Underling of Eldar

PostSubject: Re: (Jiluria) Fair Play (26th Board)   (Jiluria) Fair Play (26th Board) - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 04, 2014 10:05 pm

Rintho wanted to sigh deeply for the lost cause that was Maledictus Eice and the Surahnians. No respect was shown for the power in his palm or the legacy that the shard carried, its only value to this warmonger was its potential for damage and it spited Rintho somewhat that of all people, Atoro was the one that held it. He was hardly worthy.

Instead, Rintho's face merely dropped slightly in bemusement that he only just managed to disguise, if thinly.
"Of course it could my Lord." Rintho almost snapped the words. "Even a speck of the magic stone is great in power, they would have to be, the whole stone itself was designed to affect for many, many rolls of the land. That piece that you hold? Enough to create furious lightning magic from, a danger to the user and the subject no less." He raised his brows in thought as he pondered the picture of it, already having seen countless dragons be instantly destroyed by flares from the full stone itself.
Never had Rintho come so close to losing all control of his delicate inner magical balance, it was a miracle beyond compare that he was alive at this moment.
"Lightning magic is a curious sort, my Lord, even for the basic magics. It is the most fearsome in any fight, and to use it they say you have to be mad. Half mad to make a fight, and then half mad to use lightning magic in that fight. It is, shall we say, cruelly effective. The only predictability about it is that it is unpredictably wild when used in any significant amount. Are you satisfied with knowing this? I would not think of it as a great use to you my Lord, much better to protect yourself and not unleash such a thing on any other." Myself included, even if you could do that, you tyrannical fool.
Back to top Go down
Rogue
Rogue

Things that I am :
  • Alarmingly Excellent
  • Chatbox Spammer
  • Underling of Eldar

PostSubject: Re: (Jiluria) Fair Play (26th Board)   (Jiluria) Fair Play (26th Board) - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 05, 2014 5:47 pm

A small grimace crossed Atoro's face at the sound of danger to the user, and he placed the stone firmly down on the desktop with notably less enthusiasm than of a moment before. Although it seemed innocent enough, a small trinket that would perhaps draw the eye of a magician, but no others, magic was something Atoro wouldn't trifle with. Especially lightning magic, given his past experiences with the stuff.

"I shall not be tinkering idly with lightning magic. I would like to keep my life." And all the rest of himself intact too. These were the things he had been asking about before Yuzan had provided a distraction, and although his mind wandered elsewhere still, Atoro needed to know how to use this new aide. Cruelly effective, was it? And yet, the lich still used that foul stuff. He hoped Rintho had been at the receiving end of lightning magic before now.
"The more you speak of this lightning stone, the more there is to learn of it." Atoro did not intend on being naive about it, even if he refused to acknowledge magic properly. "I will want to know much more of it, I think, but not for now. You can deliver some written facts about it later, with my charis."
Back to top Go down
Zay
Admin
Zay

Things that I am :
  • SR Salamander
  • Medium Poster
  • Platypus
  • Chatbox Spammer
  • Minion of Monty
  • Underling of Eldar

PostSubject: Re: (Jiluria) Fair Play (26th Board)   (Jiluria) Fair Play (26th Board) - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 05, 2014 6:03 pm

"A wise decision my Lord." Rintho commended him, feeling more than a little relieved that Atoro was dissuaded from seeing the shard as a weapon to be used. "And I definitely shall, if it can at all improve your view of me. I wish to make it clear that I mean no ill toward you Lord, whatever unfavorable actions I may have taken, and I only would like to amend what has been soured...indeed, ever since you had first called be to the palace."
He hoped that repeating himself might make it clearer to Atoro, but he also knew his hope was thin and Atoro was impatient.
"Now my Lord would you wish for me to go and write what you might need about the shard, the poison? I can if you wish, I would not want to waste any more of your time." He also hoped he sounded polite and helpful, even if he did not realise just how brash, rude and defiant he came across by offering suggestions rather than letting Atoro order him first.
But then, Rintho had no interest in becoming a part of the Surahnian agenda.

"Much better perhaps for me to do that, than to drag back the woman that would no doubt only cause you more problems. You would rather keep your eyes on what you really seek I am sure, and that would be power in this shard and using it, no?"
At least now he had found a way of avoiding his previous offer in a way that Atoro might plausibly take up.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: (Jiluria) Fair Play (26th Board)   (Jiluria) Fair Play (26th Board) - Page 4 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

(Jiluria) Fair Play (26th Board)
Page 4 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next