Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Storm clouds a gathering...

Go down 
2 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Rogue
Rogue

Things that I am :
  • Alarmingly Excellent
  • Chatbox Spammer
  • Underling of Eldar

Female Loveliness : 69

Storm clouds a gathering... Empty
PostSubject: Storm clouds a gathering...   Storm clouds a gathering... Icon_minitimeSun Jun 22, 2008 1:32 pm

Character Using:

Storm clouds a gathering... Dragon155
Rilos

Setting:
The island of Dragon's Cove, where the hillside is covered with trees. As the hillside steepens, the trees thin out, and are overtaken in number by scrub bushes, and rabbit holes. The rabbits make good snacks, but are hard to catch as they are wary of the frequent dragon visitors they get. At the bottom of the hillside, the land flattens out slightly before meeting with the sea.

Plot:
The weather has been funny for a few days, with hot, humid air and short gusts of wind. A storm is on it's way, one of the biggest of the year so far. The inhabitants of the land have to find shelter fast- before the storm strikes.

Introduction:
Rilos was laid sleepily along a tree branch, in his favourite position, his tail dangling down from the branch, his paws folded one over another. The hot sun shone through the gaps in the leaves, giving his scales a dappled effect. He was watching the rabbits leaping playfully over the hummocks of the hill, on the of the trees. He was sure they knew he was there, but high in his tree they thought he was no danger to them. A thin breeze tickled the leaves of the trees, making them hush quietly, and removing some of the humidity in the air. It had been this sort of weather for days, the hot, clammy air only being relieved by the tiny currents of wind, and the occasional dip in the sea.
Being only a young dragon, Rilos wasn't really in tune with the weather, preferring to just wake up each morning and find out what the weather was doing that day. But recently the weather had been just a little to humid for his liking.
"Maybe it's just a flux in the weather. Probably just summer on it's way."
He pondered to himself, swishing his tail slightly to try and cool himself down. He lifted his head from the branch, looking down at the ground not far beneath him.
"Should I go for a swim?"
He wondered, but decided against it in a lazy sort of fashion. It was too hot in the sun, even in the water. Better just to lay here in this shady tree's branch...
Back to top Go down
Nyx
Nyx

Things that I am :
  • ME Meercat
  • SR Salamander
  • "Nice Girl"
  • Gold Hoarder
  • Short Poster

Female Loveliness : 1

PostSubject: Re: Storm clouds a gathering...   Storm clouds a gathering... Icon_minitimeMon Jun 30, 2008 4:59 pm

Freya sits on the beach looking out over the ocean. The wind from the water pushing the tendrils of fumes to coil behind her and disappear into the air. She had been noticing the weather recently and it was unusual for this time of year. "Something big is brewing. When will it show uitself?" She slides her claws into the sand making swirling patterns. The wind pushing some of the grains of sand move with it. Rising up on her hind legs she extends her wings to feel the push of the wind on them before resettling them behind her back. She looks up to the sky watching for any signs that something is coming. The waits to feel the dip in temperture and air pressure.
Back to top Go down
http://noxnightstalker.deviantart.com
Rogue
Rogue

Things that I am :
  • Alarmingly Excellent
  • Chatbox Spammer
  • Underling of Eldar

PostSubject: Re: Storm clouds a gathering...   Storm clouds a gathering... Icon_minitimeTue Jul 01, 2008 5:56 pm

Rilos yawned, watching the rabbits start at the unexpected movement. It really was a too-hot day. He swished his tail through the air, trying to create some wind, but failing entirely, the air just smoothing past his scales like butter. The air felt sticky on his scales, and he decided that maybe going for a swim wasn't such a bad idea after all. Lifting himself into the air with quick beats of his wing flaps, he headed for the beach, a smile erupting on his face as he saw the rabbits bolt for their holes. Catching a warm air current (if there weren't enough already), he glided gently down to the shore, half closing his eyes against the glare from the sun reflected on the sea, broken only by minute waves.

As he neared the coast, Rilos pulled up out of the air current, slicing upwards into the air, before angling down to splash into the cool waters. He tucked his wings behind him at the last moment, whooping in delight as the water washed over his sticky scales and cooling them almost immediately.

Last edited by Rogue on Mon Jul 14, 2008 2:53 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Storm clouds a gathering...   Storm clouds a gathering... Icon_minitimeTue Jul 01, 2008 6:46 pm

Lucien sat atop a large rock by the water's edge. The wind blew around him, lifting his silken hair, causing tiny pricks of chills to touch his bare chest. Danger was on its way..Destruction...Death...Everything that could make Death happy was coming and Death had tugged him here early. Either way he didn't mind.
Lucien watched as the dark black clouds seemed to move closer, but to mortal eyes they seemed too far away to worry about right now. He seemed to space out, thinking of things that no man should have to ever think of...Thanks to Death this happened on a daily basis. No matter, Lucien had gotten used to such 'torment' as some could call it and it never bothered him.
Back to top Go down
Nyx
Nyx

Things that I am :
  • ME Meercat
  • SR Salamander
  • "Nice Girl"
  • Gold Hoarder
  • Short Poster

PostSubject: Re: Storm clouds a gathering...   Storm clouds a gathering... Icon_minitimeTue Jul 01, 2008 7:01 pm

Freya stands watching the Dorsal dragon dive into the water. Regaining herself she walks into the shallows wadding in the cool water. The cool water soothing the heat in her scales. Usually she enjoyed sunning herself all day long but recently it has been very short. The rock or sand she layed out on had still retained the heat from the day before. Keeping her head above the water she layed down letting the water lap at her chin. He claws diging into the cold shifting sand under her body. Moving around so her lower half is in a shallow bowl in the sand.
Back to top Go down
Rogue
Rogue

Things that I am :
  • Alarmingly Excellent
  • Chatbox Spammer
  • Underling of Eldar

PostSubject: Re: Storm clouds a gathering...   Storm clouds a gathering... Icon_minitimeWed Jul 02, 2008 4:14 pm

The dark black dragon twisted out of the water, water twinkling on his scales and dripping from his form. He dove back under the surface again, shallower now, beating his wing flaps under the water to propel himself forwards, his tail gently swishing the water out of the way like a rudder as he twisted downwards, his scales brushing the light sand and making it twist in hurricanes through the water. Rising to the surface, he paddled along, keeping his head high above the water. Droplets twisted down his horns, dripping occasionally into the sea.

As he swum closer to the Fume dragon bathing in the shallower waters, he called out a friendly greeting.

"Hello! I'm Rilos!"

Last edited by Rogue on Mon Jul 14, 2008 2:53 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Nyx
Nyx

Things that I am :
  • ME Meercat
  • SR Salamander
  • "Nice Girl"
  • Gold Hoarder
  • Short Poster

PostSubject: Re: Storm clouds a gathering...   Storm clouds a gathering... Icon_minitimeWed Jul 02, 2008 4:48 pm

Freya returns the greeting with a low purring sound. Smoke drifts out of the slits of her nose. Her head looking like a smoking grey pale green rock. SHe wiggles in the sand using it to help shine her scales. Almost how whales used stoney bottoms to get at itches they can't reach. "Greetings brother dargon." She says as the Dorsal dragon gets closer. She takes in his coloration when it is above the water. Looking past him she sees a faint smug on hte horizon as the wind off the water picks up.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Storm clouds a gathering...   Storm clouds a gathering... Icon_minitimeWed Jul 02, 2008 7:22 pm

The wind made a sudden change carrying his demonic scent towards the dragons, although in reality it merely smelled like roses... The sweet smell of roses.
((Writers block...Sorry))
Back to top Go down
Rogue
Rogue

Things that I am :
  • Alarmingly Excellent
  • Chatbox Spammer
  • Underling of Eldar

PostSubject: Re: Storm clouds a gathering...   Storm clouds a gathering... Icon_minitimeThu Jul 03, 2008 7:25 pm

"Greetings!"
He lifted his head slightly to one side,looking curiously at the dragon that seemed to be made of little more that smoke. He followed her gaze past his shoulder, backpedalling through the water to get a better view of the horizon, and the heady smudge of cloud that hovered above it. He gave an involuntary shudder at the sight of it, feeling the change of mood that the sea seemed to be having. Tiny laps of waves started to roll across the sea that was as still as a lake only moments before.

Last edited by Rogue on Mon Jul 14, 2008 2:53 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Nyx
Nyx

Things that I am :
  • ME Meercat
  • SR Salamander
  • "Nice Girl"
  • Gold Hoarder
  • Short Poster

PostSubject: Re: Storm clouds a gathering...   Storm clouds a gathering... Icon_minitimeFri Jul 04, 2008 12:02 pm

"We need to go." The wind shifts and Freya catches the smell of roses. Rising out of the water she looks around trying to pin point the source. Wter roll off her shiny grey and pale green scales. As she sniffs the smoke stop trying to leek out of her nose. After a few moments she sees Lucien on the boulder.
(it's ok we all get it sometimes)
Back to top Go down
Rogue
Rogue

Things that I am :
  • Alarmingly Excellent
  • Chatbox Spammer
  • Underling of Eldar

PostSubject: Re: Storm clouds a gathering...   Storm clouds a gathering... Icon_minitimeFri Jul 04, 2008 4:25 pm

"Not half. The wind seems to be picking up...Finally."

Rilos turned his dark head back towards Freya, and land. Unconsious of the human sitting on the boulders near the shore, he started to push strongly at the water with his tail, guiding himself into the shallowest water,where he could stand. He sniffed as roses drifted past him on the air, closing his eyes to smell it better, and raising his head.

"What is that smell?"

Last edited by Rogue on Mon Jul 14, 2008 2:54 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Nyx
Nyx

Things that I am :
  • ME Meercat
  • SR Salamander
  • "Nice Girl"
  • Gold Hoarder
  • Short Poster

PostSubject: Re: Storm clouds a gathering...   Storm clouds a gathering... Icon_minitimeSat Jul 05, 2008 2:52 am

Freya splashing out of the water she turns to look back out on the horizon. She didnt like for the clouds looked and how the wind shifted. "The roses come from him." Freya points with her nose at Lucien. "I would not stay in the water long. Ther is a storm coming in off the ocean." Freya rises to her hind legs flapping her wings getting the dry as drops of water rain down off her wings to the ground. Tiny tendrils of soke roll out of her nose again.
Back to top Go down
Rogue
Rogue

Things that I am :
  • Alarmingly Excellent
  • Chatbox Spammer
  • Underling of Eldar

PostSubject: Re: Storm clouds a gathering...   Storm clouds a gathering... Icon_minitimeTue Jul 08, 2008 5:06 pm

Rilos looked to where the fume dragon had pointed, examining the human with great curiousity. He had only had glances of humans before now, and longed to swim closer, to get a better view. He ripped his concentration away from the human for a moment to listen to what his companion was saying, following her example of starting to dry his wings, with some regret. He wouldn't get a good view after all.

He felt his feet scuff the bottom of the shallow water, and steadying himself, reared back onto his hind legs to give him some airspace to take off into. Beating his flaps furiously, he rose slowly into the air, water dripping from his sails.

Last edited by Rogue on Mon Jul 14, 2008 2:55 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Nyx
Nyx

Things that I am :
  • ME Meercat
  • SR Salamander
  • "Nice Girl"
  • Gold Hoarder
  • Short Poster

PostSubject: Re: Storm clouds a gathering...   Storm clouds a gathering... Icon_minitimeWed Jul 09, 2008 4:59 am

Jumping into the air with great deep wing beat Freya was airborne. She circles wide over Lucien and looks down at him then over to Rilos. The smoke still comes out of her nose but drifts quickly on the wind. Fanning her wings she glides around and drifts low. Pulling up she lands near Lucien the smell of roses coming on the wind. "It is from you that the rose smell comes from. She looks him over with pale eyes.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Storm clouds a gathering...   Storm clouds a gathering... Icon_minitimeWed Jul 09, 2008 3:03 pm

Lucien looked at the dragon, it seemed to have a sulfer like smell to it, but he made no idication that he ws bothered by it. "Yes, I suppose the scent does come from me." His voice clean and clear, dark, and even seductive. But it was all natural to him. He looked back to the sky's and a smirk lightly hit the corners of his lips, they clouds were growing darker and they seemed to also be roatating.
Back to top Go down
Rogue
Rogue

Things that I am :
  • Alarmingly Excellent
  • Chatbox Spammer
  • Underling of Eldar

PostSubject: Re: Storm clouds a gathering...   Storm clouds a gathering... Icon_minitimeWed Jul 09, 2008 5:01 pm

Fluttering in the air like a butterfly, Rilos rose slightly higher, following the flight path of the other dragon, drifting into a tree near to the human. He peered at the man curiously- it was the closest he had ever got to one. The scent of roses was much stronger here, with no breeze to take the scent away. It was almost eye-watering this close.

The dragon shifted along a branch to get a better view, his tail weaving as he balanced. He asked the man curiously,

"Who are you?"

As Rilos spoke, the wind started to pick up, the dark clouds banking up like a wall in the sky. The black stretched either direction for miles to each side, and further back. Hardly any clouds swirled before the wall, as if they not dare breach the invisible barrier between light weather and dark. Larger waves than before curdled onto the beach, breaking with white horses onto the creamy sand. Each tree sway in the wind, its' leaves pulling slightly at their stalks. The cold-front was near.

Last edited by Rogue on Mon Jul 14, 2008 2:55 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Nyx
Nyx

Things that I am :
  • ME Meercat
  • SR Salamander
  • "Nice Girl"
  • Gold Hoarder
  • Short Poster

PostSubject: Re: Storm clouds a gathering...   Storm clouds a gathering... Icon_minitimeWed Jul 09, 2008 9:53 pm

Freya feels the air pressure shift. "Hurricane comes." She didn't need to look out ot the ocean to know for sure. Freya looks at him closely and looks at his face and eyes. She could feel the wind begin to push at her and her wings.

(sorry it is short)
Back to top Go down
Rogue
Rogue

Things that I am :
  • Alarmingly Excellent
  • Chatbox Spammer
  • Underling of Eldar

PostSubject: Re: Storm clouds a gathering...   Storm clouds a gathering... Icon_minitimeThu Jul 10, 2008 4:36 pm

Rilos gave a hum, tucking his wings in close to his body. My, that wind was cold! Maybe it would be a good idea to go and find a nice cave somewhere to tuck up in and sleep for a while, while the storm passed over. Maybe Freya would like to come too? Before thinking it through, he blurted,

"Do you want to come and look for some shelter to sit this storm out?"

He gave a small half smile. If he was going to live on this island he was going to have to get to know some of the inhabitants.

Last edited by Rogue on Mon Jul 14, 2008 2:56 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Nyx
Nyx

Things that I am :
  • ME Meercat
  • SR Salamander
  • "Nice Girl"
  • Gold Hoarder
  • Short Poster

PostSubject: Re: Storm clouds a gathering...   Storm clouds a gathering... Icon_minitimeFri Jul 11, 2008 4:39 pm

Freya slowly turns her pale green eyes fromLucien to Rilos. She blinks a few times. "Sure I can come with you and find a cave." She nods int he direction. "I know of some over there where they should protect all of us from the storm." He glances at Lucien. She would not let the human have to find his own shelter.
Back to top Go down
Rogue
Rogue

Things that I am :
  • Alarmingly Excellent
  • Chatbox Spammer
  • Underling of Eldar

PostSubject: Re: Storm clouds a gathering...   Storm clouds a gathering... Icon_minitimeMon Jul 14, 2008 2:51 pm

Rilos wilted slightly under the glance that Freya had given him, expecting the worst. He was pleasantly surprised, however, when the positive respose came, and his wings raised forwards slightly in pleasure. Looking across at Lucien, he gave a half-smile, remarking at the time,

"A cave would be great."

The wind picked up more, the true cold front hitting the beach and sweeping the dry, loose sand up into the air like a whirlwind. White horse waves galloped up the sand, rolling over and over before dragging shells and pebbles back to the deep. The treetops of the forest waved back and forth with gathering force, each time they threw themselves from side to side the moved a little more. Tiny sparks of rain dashed against the land, tiny sharp stones in liquid form.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Storm clouds a gathering...   Storm clouds a gathering... Icon_minitimeMon Jul 14, 2008 6:25 pm

Lucien smirked then suddenly flashed to a cave. It looked to have been carved out by dragons then crystalized. He leaned against the glittering green,red,blue, and clear walls as he waited, figuring the dragons would follow.
((Sorry its so short, I am super busy today and all.Sad))
Back to top Go down
Nyx
Nyx

Things that I am :
  • ME Meercat
  • SR Salamander
  • "Nice Girl"
  • Gold Hoarder
  • Short Poster

PostSubject: Re: Storm clouds a gathering...   Storm clouds a gathering... Icon_minitimeMon Jul 14, 2008 6:36 pm

((is ok curse I understand Smile)

Freya titlts her head to the side as Luciean flashes away and shakes her head. Freya looks at Rilos. "Let's go get a cave then." She shivers as the random drops of cold rain his her scales. freya uses her wings to keep the sand from her eyes. She ends up turning into the wind and sliding the secondary memberain over her eyes to protect them.
Back to top Go down
Rogue
Rogue

Things that I am :
  • Alarmingly Excellent
  • Chatbox Spammer
  • Underling of Eldar

PostSubject: Re: Storm clouds a gathering...   Storm clouds a gathering... Icon_minitimeTue Jul 15, 2008 5:31 pm

Rilos blinked a couple of times in surprise as the human man disappeared from view, cocking his head in surprise. He nodded to Freya's suggestion, giving a shiver as hard drops of rain started to crash against the land, making the leaves above him dance, rising and falling as they were hit. He gave a good push off his branch, after positioning himself into the wind and clear airspace in front of him, beating his wings hard downwards and almost scraping the beach with his wingtips. Loose sand flew in his eyes and around him as he rose, forcing him to blink rapidly and close a eye membrane to protect his orbs like Freya had. Turning along the beach to one way, he started to beat his way slowly down the coast, gliding when he could, although it was getting increasingly harder as the wind started to pick up.
Back to top Go down
Nyx
Nyx

Things that I am :
  • ME Meercat
  • SR Salamander
  • "Nice Girl"
  • Gold Hoarder
  • Short Poster

PostSubject: Re: Storm clouds a gathering...   Storm clouds a gathering... Icon_minitimeTue Jul 15, 2008 6:05 pm

Feya watches rilos wing over her. Once out of the way she opens her winds letting the wind push her like a leaf into the air. Wings cooping the air she follows a distance away from rilos. Her membain lids keeping her eyes protected as the sand pelts at her. Using her tail to help her fly she moves along the turbulant air currents. Pushing hard she closes the distance. Freya yells over the wind. "Overe there!" SHe yells to Rilos as she points with a grey claw at a large cave that could house them. Not realizing that Luciien also occupied it.
Back to top Go down
Rogue
Rogue

Things that I am :
  • Alarmingly Excellent
  • Chatbox Spammer
  • Underling of Eldar

PostSubject: Re: Storm clouds a gathering...   Storm clouds a gathering... Icon_minitimeTue Jul 15, 2008 6:55 pm

Only just hearing the shout over the howling of the wind, Rilos started to curve into a twisting glide down towards the cave that Freya had spotted, the wind battering against his thin wing flaps as he turned into it. He flew right out of course before he noticed and corrected his path, looping down steeply into the cave like a bat. He skidded slightly on the dry floor, his pawed feet quickly becoming dusty and brown. He shook his wing flaps out carefully, speckling the floor with dark patches before raising them above his body as normal. Looking around the cave, he was enchanted by the coloured walls, and did not notice the still figure of Lucien leaning against one of the walls.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Storm clouds a gathering...   Storm clouds a gathering... Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Storm clouds a gathering...
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next