Things that I am :
  • Gold Hoarder
  • Medium Poster
  • Really Too Kind
  • Thrall of Zay
  • Rebel of Rogue

Female Loveliness : 8

The Party Continues (Liz x Eldar) - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Party Continues (Liz x Eldar)   The Party Continues (Liz x Eldar) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 25, 2019 12:53 am

"That's a pretty common occurrence if I only manage to get back here once a year or so. I usually find bugs or the occasional bird, but keeping shutters on the windows and blocking the smoke stack before I go anywhere deters most of the larger creatures. Finding spiders or centipedes in my sheets was probably the worst I've ever come home to, but never before have I come home to find someone else living here, not someone real at least." She paused and took a sip of her drink before elaborating, realizing that she looked crazy enough as things stood.

"Given the eccentric nature of what I do with my life I come in to contact with quite a few things that, on rare occasion, make me question what I'm seeing. Always comes to nothing but leaves me with a sense of embarrassment for a while after the fact. Why do you ask? Scared you'll wake up to some creepy crawly staring you in the face?" she teased lightly. Getting back into the house and warming up was a good idea, at least now she could simply shake out her sheets and blankets and make space for her guest when he eventually wanted to get some sleep. Unless of course he did the obvious thing and slept in bed with her, which was never off the table for him.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
If anyone wants to RP, ask away!
Groups, 1 x 1s, Plot: PLEASE

The Party Continues (Liz x Eldar) - Page 2 2jezlhwThe Party Continues (Liz x Eldar) - Page 2 Evc7etThe Party Continues (Liz x Eldar) - Page 2 2qntpvbThe Party Continues (Liz x Eldar) - Page 2 511v0w

The Party Continues (Liz x Eldar) - Page 2 1ixw85The Party Continues (Liz x Eldar) - Page 2 IqbymeThe Party Continues (Liz x Eldar) - Page 2 28vypteThe Party Continues (Liz x Eldar) - Page 2 2rdgb4lThe Party Continues (Liz x Eldar) - Page 2 2ccxts2
Back to top Go down
Eldarwen
Admin
Eldarwen

Things that I am :
  • Alarmingly Excellent
  • Minion of Monty
  • Thrall of Zay

Female Loveliness : 68

PostSubject: Re: The Party Continues (Liz x Eldar)   The Party Continues (Liz x Eldar) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 25, 2019 8:04 am

Despite Rose’s words, Del’ure couldn’t help but imagine the local wild life having a ball when she was away, taking up residence and scattering as soon as the first sign of her reappearance. Ridiculous, he knew, but there was no limits to where the mind wandered sometimes. And not just in terms of intimacies.

When Rose took a sip of her drink, the questioning look on his face grew, but before he could actually voice the question, she continued speaking.
He couldn’t help but grin at her explanation. “Well, you never know what is out there. I mean, demons aren’t exactly your run of the mill everyday companions either, so I’m certainly not telling you that other beings don’t exist. Whether they want to be acknowledged or not is a completely different topic.”

Lost in thought for a while, Del’ure sipped his drink, leaning back in his chair comfortably. When he turned his head to look over at Rose, he smiled. “Look at us,” he joked. “Relaxing in a cabin in the middle of the swamp in the early evening. Like an old married couple.” He shook his head and let out a short laugh. “It’s nice to sit back once in a while and just do nothing at all. How I missed that. I need to take a break more often. Or maybe get myself a proper holiday home somewhere quiet and remote I can retreat to whenever I want to get away from it all. Somewhere where I can stash my treasures and my…. secrets,” Del’ure added as an afterthought, amusement in his voice, his eyes locked on a small chest that seemed to have been purposefully not hidden while still mainly out of sight when doing a curious perusal of the place.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
The woods are lovely, dark and deep.
But I have promises to keep,
And miles to go before I sleep,
And miles to go before I sleep.
Back to top Go down
Eliza
Eliza

Things that I am :
  • Gold Hoarder
  • Medium Poster
  • Really Too Kind
  • Thrall of Zay
  • Rebel of Rogue

PostSubject: Re: The Party Continues (Liz x Eldar)   The Party Continues (Liz x Eldar) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 26, 2019 3:05 am

"Who're you calling old?" she retorted with a laugh and a snort. "I mean we still might as well be a couple of shut ins but old? I don't have nearly enough wrinkles for that!" She listened as he mused about what he considered doing about getting himself a proper house to keep his things in. "I built this place by myself over the course of a year or two, could be a productive endeavor for you. The best place for a home wouldn't be here though if you want to avoid unwanted non-sentient house guests." When the conversation turned to her keepsake box, her demeanor changed and her eyes began to get glassy before she blinked back the tears.

"You wish to know what that thing is correct?" Her tone was resigned as she set her cup down and procured the box. "I don't mind if you start keeping your precious things here, it's where this box resides after all." She delicately opened the chest and slumped slightly in her seat. "I see no point in hiding anything at this point; it's been decades. Feel free to look through it, I don't know if I can bring myself to talk about it like this." All her letters, her journal, her son's first and only lock of jet black hair: all laid bare for a near stranger to inquire about in her home. "This is what I keep to remind myself of what I've lost and left behind."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The Party Continues (Liz x Eldar) - Page 2 2jezlhwThe Party Continues (Liz x Eldar) - Page 2 Evc7etThe Party Continues (Liz x Eldar) - Page 2 2qntpvbThe Party Continues (Liz x Eldar) - Page 2 511v0w

The Party Continues (Liz x Eldar) - Page 2 1ixw85The Party Continues (Liz x Eldar) - Page 2 IqbymeThe Party Continues (Liz x Eldar) - Page 2 28vypteThe Party Continues (Liz x Eldar) - Page 2 2rdgb4lThe Party Continues (Liz x Eldar) - Page 2 2ccxts2
Back to top Go down
Eldarwen
Admin
Eldarwen

Things that I am :
  • Alarmingly Excellent
  • Minion of Monty
  • Thrall of Zay

PostSubject: Re: The Party Continues (Liz x Eldar)   The Party Continues (Liz x Eldar) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 09, 2019 9:24 am

Upon seeing the look his casual comment had brought onto Rose’s face, Del’ure regretted having said anything at all. “No, don’t,” he said in a low voice when Rose brought the box over. It was clear without her saying a word about it that whatever was inside was a painful memory – or several. He wasn’t about to rip into her past and open up wounds that had better remained closed.

He was certainly curious and wanted to know what exactly was inside the chest but when Rose told him she wasn’t sure she could bring herself to talk about it, he firmly put his hand on the lid so that it remained closed. “No, I do not need to know what is in this. If you are unable to talk about this of your own volition, then it is not my place to pry into things that I have no things putting my nose in.”

Her words alone were enough to tell him that the memory was definitely painful. And something that had the ability to hurt so many years later needed to remain something private to her unless she was ready to share it the way it was supposed to be shared. Of her own free will and not because curiosity got the better of him.

“Some things need to be remembered. It is good for them to be remembered, even if they hurt. Pain does fade with time, but for some of us, it takes a lot more time than for others, especially those of us who live longer than a normal human life span. Don’t force it, Rose. Whenever you’re truly ready to tell me, I will listen. But not now. If you aren’t ready, I am not going to pry. I apologise for my misplaced comment. I did not mean to cause you harm.”

Without further ado, he pushed the chest aside and hugged her close to him.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Back to top Go down
Eliza
Eliza

Things that I am :
  • Gold Hoarder
  • Medium Poster
  • Really Too Kind
  • Thrall of Zay
  • Rebel of Rogue

PostSubject: Re: The Party Continues (Liz x Eldar)   The Party Continues (Liz x Eldar) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 11, 2019 12:35 am

"No, no, please don't apologize!" she said quickly as she wiped her eyes. "You asked an innocent question that I just wasn't prepared to answer. You didn't do anything wrong I promise." The hug was so reassuring that after a few short minutes she was calm again and almost smiling. "Thank you, in time I'm sure I'll tell you on my own, but if in the meantime you ever want to look at anything in this box you may. We're both curious creatures, I understand why you asked." She adored him exactly how he was, there wasn't anything about him she would change. Her heart refused to love any individual; but if anyone was to even be considered loved by her it would be Del'ure. Her son was gone, her husband forgiven but also gone, and the rest of her family having given up on writing to her long ago, she had few lasting friends. Fewer still friends that she trusted with much of anything.

"Aside from that box I noticed you surveying my home. Did anything else spark your interest? There are some dusty old books on the shelf if they're still legible, and a few nick-knacks I've collected over the years. Most everything in this place has a story to it, maybe not all of them are terribly exciting to others, but they hold many memories for me." She gestured to a hardback tome-looking book on one of the lower shelves. "That's essentially a book about the art of seduction, it was rebound a time or two prior to my acquiring it and once more after the fact." A smaller book a few items over made her giggle.

"That one is a book of poetry written by a young man who hired me in my early days of hunting. And that green book at the top is one that I actually use rather frequently; it's about the wildlife and botany of the southern wetlands. Those are just the ones I recognize immediately, never mind the ones I keep in storage or we'd be here for days." Her only bedroom was easily distinguished from the rest of the house because it was the only area blocked off by a door. "Of course off that way is where you, or we if you prefer, will be sleeping for however long you decide to stay here." Her home was at his disposal at that point with the tour being relatively brief because it was, after all, a single person home.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Back to top Go down
Eldarwen
Admin
Eldarwen

Things that I am :
  • Alarmingly Excellent
  • Minion of Monty
  • Thrall of Zay

PostSubject: Re: The Party Continues (Liz x Eldar)   The Party Continues (Liz x Eldar) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 06, 2019 9:29 am

Del’ure couldn’t hold back the smile when Rose started chattering about the various books on her shelves. It was good to see that the momentary sadness was wiped away quickly enough. There was a longer story there that, eventually, he might hear, but that also depended on many other variables, not in the least time spent together.

Chuckling along with her, he pointed back to the book about the Art of Seduction – he was almost sure that’s why she had mentioned that one, knowing he would make a comment about it. “So much of that one have you actually tried yourself?” He gave her a telling wink and lured at her in jest before settling back into his usual grinning face.

“It’s nice to keep these kinds of memories from all over the place. I’ve never been much of a packrat but I can see the appeal in keepsakes such as a book written by a previous employer. I hope he at least gifted it to you?” he asked though it was clear he really didn’t think it mattered one way or another. Either a gift or a gesture of support, both showed a good-natured relation between Rose and the young man.

They chatted for a while, sharing various stories and memories about previous jobs and encounters with the oddest of people, laughing regularly and often, thus spending a nice, relaxing evening together.

Unexpectedly, a yawn had Del’ure covering his mouth. “Sorry, I hadn’t realised I was starting to be this tired.” It had been several hours however that he had been travelling before reaching Rose’s place and they hadn’t just lounged around doing nothing all day either. “Maybe we should…“ He nodded towards her bedroom.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Back to top Go down
Eliza
Eliza

Things that I am :
  • Gold Hoarder
  • Medium Poster
  • Really Too Kind
  • Thrall of Zay
  • Rebel of Rogue

PostSubject: Re: The Party Continues (Liz x Eldar)   The Party Continues (Liz x Eldar) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 17, 2019 11:47 pm

Rose in turn yawned and shrugged at the question of the book. "Only the things you can generally manage by yourself. Not terribly often I pick up a lover with how frequently I travel."

She dragged herself from her chair with a tired groan and checked to make sure there wasn't anything already in the bed. There was a scared squirrel in her pillowcase but that was an easily diffused situation. Compared to tiny little Rose the thing looked like a large kitten, but it stayed still long enough to be released outside the bedroom window and that was the end of it. "All clear now. Sorry I don't have any sleeping clothes that would fit you, but something tells me you don't usually wear anything to sleep." Not like it made any difference, but it was comical in her mind to think of him trying to wear one of her shirts. She also halfway wondered if they were going to end up sleeping on the floor because she didn't keep a particularly spacious mattress. Oh well, she'd get her answer soon enough.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Back to top Go down
Eldarwen
Admin
Eldarwen

Things that I am :
  • Alarmingly Excellent
  • Minion of Monty
  • Thrall of Zay

PostSubject: Re: The Party Continues (Liz x Eldar)   The Party Continues (Liz x Eldar) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 07, 2019 9:17 am

“What gave me away?” Del’ure asked with a grin when Rose commented that she imagined he slept without bed clothes anyway. “No need to hide what mother nature gave me after all.” Having removed his shirt and in the process of loosening his trousers, he added: “Besides, it’s easier to get dressed in the middle of the night if you aren’t wearing bed clothes that would only get in the way.”

As he stood there in all his naked glory, he cocked his head at hear. “Don’t tell me you like to sleep fully dressed in frilly night clothes?”

The mattress, upon closer inspection, wasn’t exactly roomy but they would make do, Del’ure was sure. They wouldn’t need a lot of space anyway. He was used to having women draped over him and if Rose didn’t mind sleeping on a slightly different mattress than usual…

Without waiting for much of an invitation from her, Del’ure draped himself over the bed and simply opened up an arm in invitation for her to come snuggle up to him and to just actually sleep. Letting his eyes drift over her body as she was getting ready for bed was making him less sleepy but they could probably both use it. Besides, there was always the morning, wasn’t there? But then…. Ah, maybe sleep would have to wait after all…

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Party Continues (Liz x Eldar)   The Party Continues (Liz x Eldar) - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The Party Continues (Liz x Eldar)
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2