Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Blind to the World--------V6, Turich (3rd Board)

Go down 
5 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Zay
Admin
Zay

Things that I am :
  • SR Salamander
  • Medium Poster
  • Platypus
  • Chatbox Spammer
  • Minion of Monty
  • Underling of Eldar

Female Loveliness : 62

Blind to the World--------V6, Turich (3rd Board) Empty
PostSubject: Blind to the World--------V6, Turich (3rd Board)   Blind to the World--------V6, Turich (3rd Board) Icon_minitimeMon Jul 28, 2008 5:28 pm

Welcome to "Blind to the World" the third official set in the plot

Based in V6 Turich in neutral territory far far to the east of Dragons Cove, where it is cold and very few people are to be seen venturing up here...
Of course they know nothing of the danger to the south west and carry on with their usual lives, shut off and isolated...That's not to say that the beginnings of something important won't happen though.

Order of Roleplay
1st-----------Mai and Talos (Aero_Gorath)
2nd-----------Rilos (Rogue)
3rd-----------Tegan and Lyrian (Tegan)
4th-----------Celera (Zay)
5th-----------Komi and Kimo (EchoingScream)
6th-----------Axys and Soul (Hikari) [Skip until further notice]

Important References: https://dragonscove.darkbb.com/plot-information-updates-f19/settings-reference-maps-t284.htm

MUST DO RULES:
https://dragonscove.darkbb.com/plot-information-updates-f19/the-plot-general-and-plot-specific-rules-must-read-t283.htm

Also if fighting does break out be sure to follow the combat guide, anyway I am sure we actually all know the rules but they're there anyway...

Another thing not mentioned in rules as of now, is roleplay time spans. We need to keep the roleplay in sync to a degree so that new topics with new situations are made, so we give a roleplay span and once the time in roleplay is reached the topic must be ended!
So intros are good but start practicing your outros too, as we all know it's a fulfilling feel to actually finish something

In Roleplay Start: Midnight
In Roleplay End: Midday
Total Time: 12 hours

Hehe 12 hours seems like hardly anything so it's up to us how drawn out or short we make this, do not fear the time go with the flow...So first to do their intro is....
Cold_Beauty with Michi Very Happy
Have fun guys!

Last edited by Zay on Wed Oct 05, 2011 12:58 pm; edited 7 times in total
Back to top Go down
http://www.google.co.uk
Aero
Aero

Things that I am :
  • ME Meercat
  • Alarmingly Excellent
  • Dragon Hoarder
  • Gold Hoarder
  • Troll
  • Medium Poster
  • Chatbox Spammer
  • Rebel of Rogue

Female Loveliness : 25

PostSubject: Re: Blind to the World--------V6, Turich (3rd Board)   Blind to the World--------V6, Turich (3rd Board) Icon_minitimeWed Feb 11, 2009 2:54 am

The large parlor of the tavern was extremely quiet, as public places were prone to be in the dead of the night. Most of the wall lanterns had been blown out for the night, and the normally large roaring fire in the hearth had simmered down to a tolerable level of light and heat. The chairs around the tables nearest the walls had all been turned up so that the cleaning crew could mop up for the night, leaving a small section of tables in the middle still open for patrons. Only one of those tables were occupied at the moment by a mumbling world weary man who was still nursing a large mug of ale. The barkeep was cleaning out mugs with a dishrag in a lazy methodical manner, glancing up every now and again to observe the late night scene of his tavern.

Aside from the lone man was a lone waitress turning up tables and carrying a bucket of mop water with her around the room as she cleaned the floor from the dirt and spilled alcohol. Her hair was braided down the middle of her back between two brown wings that were now tucked tightly against her body. She was a short, slight little thing with hardly any muscle on her, but never complained or struggled with the heavy mop bucket. She was dressed plainly, an ankle-length blackish skirt and a plain tan sort of shirt. Her apron was smudged with dirt, so it was no longer the pristine white that it had obviously been intended to be. Heaving a sigh, the avian sloshed her mop in the bucket, then let the head fall to the floor with a dull splat. What a boring job… not like it was hard or anything, but really…

She’d eagerly volunteered for the job when the normal late-shift woman had called off due to some sort of sickness or another. The local shop keepers knew that any of the Estoen kids were hard workers and always looking for a job, so she had been approached with the offer before the tavern owner even had to panic about looking for a replacement. The first couple of hours had been hectic as she and three other barmaids were ordered around, groped, hit on, and generally itemized as female meat like normal. Then things had died down an hour or so before the clock struck midnight and the others had all left, leaving Mai for the cleanup. She’d made a pretty decent wage on the tips, and the barkeep was even nice enough to let her munch down on some table scraps with the other waitresses on breaks. A good night, all in all.

As she was contemplating how far her hard earned money would go in the way of food, the little bell hung above the door rang, signaling that a customer had just entered. Looking up from her mopping, she was about to give the newcomer the usual apology about how they weren’t serving anymore for the night when she realized who had just come through the doors. Eyes widening in surprise, she let her mop fall to the floor with a loud clatter, gasping as she did so. “T-t-talos? Is it really you?” She whispered, hardly able to manage the words.

The man who had just walked through the door grinned at the small avian female, spreading his arms out, brown eyes sparkling with mischief. “Whas’a ‘matter Mai? You look like you just sarw a ghost!”

“Talos!” Mai squealed, launching herself from where she stood, flaring her wings and crashing directly into the chest of her older brother, giggling madly as if possessed. “You was gone so long! Everyone was s’worried ‘bout you!”

Talos caught the flying form with a muffled ‘umpf’, having to step back and flare his wings slightly to keep himself from falling over. The edges of his flight feathers brushed the walls lightly and he nearly knocked his head against the doorway. Buildings these days just weren’t made for extremely tall people like him. “I wrote whenevah I could, ya know.” He replied for a grin, messing up Mai’s hair and grinning more when she released him from her death grip, trying to smooth it out and giving him a deadly stare at the same time. “Ya’ll knew I was fine.”

“But’cha cun lie on paper!” Mia replied quickly, having to crane her neck in order to meet his eyes. Talos was still in uniform, so she guessed that he’d just come back from training recently. A plain grey uniform with black embroidery over the heart identifying which troop he belonged to. He had no rank markings, since he was still just a trainee. “Haven’tcha been ‘ome yet? When didja get back?” She asked, cocking an eyebrow at his choice of clothing.

Talos grinned, crossing his arms over his chest, wings settling against his back in a relaxed way. “Yes, I been ‘ome already, dat’s ‘ow I found out you were here and not idin’ on the bottem uvah siblin’ pile.” He couldn’t help but grin when Mai smiled sheepishly, knowing that she probably would have been doing just that right about now if she weren’t pulling this late shift. “I got released a couple’a days ago. Jus’ got back inta town a couple’a ‘ours ago. I was talkin’ ta mom and pops ‘an didn’t wanna disturb the others sleepin’ and all… Theys were the ones that told me I could’a found you ‘ere.”

Mai grinned, rushing forward suddenly again and hugging him tightly about the waist. It was all the higher she could really reach without standing on her toes. “I missed you. All of us did.”

Talos smiled, hugging his sister back. “I missed ya’ll too, you know. Havin’ buddies in the barracks is great and all… but nothin’ beats family.” He released Mai and was about to order something from the barkeep (who had been watching the whole scene unfold), when everyone’s attention was suddenly focused outside by a loud screech. There were angry roars coming from outside now, it seemed like. “What the hell? What’ve ya’ll got in this place now? Screamin’ boars?” Talos asked, obviously confused by the startling noise.

((If anyone is confused about their word-usage at anytime, I'm sorry, and don't be afraid to ask for clarification. Now I suppose I'll just wait until we get this thing rolling...))
Back to top Go down
http://seroph.deviantart.com/
Rogue
Rogue

Things that I am :
  • Alarmingly Excellent
  • Chatbox Spammer
  • Underling of Eldar

Female Loveliness : 69

PostSubject: Re: Blind to the World--------V6, Turich (3rd Board)   Blind to the World--------V6, Turich (3rd Board) Icon_minitimeSat Feb 14, 2009 6:07 pm

Snoring gently, the black form of Rilos the messenger laid curled in a dark hollow on the ground amid the thick heather that covered the marshlands around Turich. The end of one tail thumped gently on the ground in his sleep, swatting a dream-beast into the ground. His many spines rattled a little in the mild breeze, frightening the small mice that rustled in the heather not far from where the spine spike dragon laid resting, and making them dart away into their nests.

At the damped roar of far off dragons in Turich, Rilos’ eyelids flickered a little, the noise disrupting his dreams. He raised his head a little, still asleep, before shuffling a little into a different position. A following roar made the black-scaled dragon stir again, before a third, even louder bellow made the dragon lurch out of his dreams with a startled “Wha?” and a bleary-eyed search for predators nearby. He staggered to his feet, stretching his back legs like a cat and giving a large yawn before taking to the air in a huge swoop of his bone thin wings. Being woken in the middle of the night was not what he would want every time he delivered a message to a different clan!

Coasting through the air, now at a healthy height over the marshlands, Rilos was starting to wake more now that the night flung cold, wintry air in his face. With a slight dive, he phased into his shadow form, his normal colours fading from his body in a flash as he left them behind in a slight popping sound and a blue swirling of smoky portal. He gave a small shake as he entered his new colours, not yet used to changing from one form to another at ease, and continued speedily on his way towards the sounds of dragons emanating from Turich.

When Rilos could see flares of fire blazing fierce and bright in one part of Turich, the black dragon angled his flight fast down towards the town, figuring that this may be more difficult to quieten than he first thought. He flexed his claws through the air as he sped towards the populated area, trying to make sense of the confusion that was wrecking havoc with the townspeople’s sleeping habits. His black scales blended into the star-studded sky as he dived again, heading towards the town. When he neared the town so much so that he could make out the flame-lit forms of the dragons that romped in the streets, he switched forms once again, his colours returning to their retrospective parts.

With a roar and a lick of blue flames, the spine spike dragon dove from the sky into the heart of the town, making one swoop over the street where the dragons had collected to announce his presence before twisting up into the air and coming down to land in another beat of his wings, his roar joining the chorus. His blue eyes glittered in anger as he bellowed full over the noise, “What is all this noise about in the middle of the night?”
Back to top Go down
Tegan
Experienced Roleplayer
Tegan

Things that I am :
  • ME Meercat
  • SR Salamander
  • DDC Dingo

Female Loveliness : 8
Location : In the meadow with the Cherry Blossom and the Willow Tree. ^^

PostSubject: Re: Blind to the World--------V6, Turich (3rd Board)   Blind to the World--------V6, Turich (3rd Board) Icon_minitimeMon Mar 30, 2009 2:12 am

It had been cold, but thankfully not wet. They’d been flying almost all day, only settling when they’d gotten hungry, or Lyrian had gotten tired. The duo was an interesting pair. Each had their own preferences. After all, they were different, and yet the same. Tegan and Lyrian, elf and dragon. As the sun had started to set, and the moon started to rise, Lyrian had suggested, maybe it was a good time to land for the night. Tegan of coarse, with eye lids drooping could only agree, so they’d set their sights onto the village of Turich. It wasn’t much of a place, even being in the heart of ‘Good Clan’ territory, but it would do for the night.

It had been close to 11:00 at night when Lyrian finally had found the small village. Landing on the outskirts of the gloomy place, Tegan made a small camp. She wouldn’t bother the shop keepers here for food and drink, she had some of her own anyways. Tegan cooked for herself, and Lyrian hunted around, and finally, with both pleased, they settled.

It was midnight, or maybe later. Tegan lay on her back watching the sky, or what was seen of it through the brake in the cliffs. Her long brown hair separated her head from her arms, which were folded back behind her head. Her emerald green eyes blinked watching the peaceful night carry on. She supposed she should be sleeping, and in response to her thoughts, she yawned. Rolling onto her side, she faced her nestled dragon Lyrian. She watched her sleep for a moment before getting up. She checked to make sure the fire was completely out, and then quietly checked the supplies that lay neck to the make-shift saddle for Lyrian.

Finally she returned to her sleeping area and sat down. Tegan pulled off her boats, and the belt that had both her swords, in their sheaths, on it, along with the ruby encrusted hilt dagger. Pleased, she crawled under the blanket and shut her eyes, waiting for sleep. Of coarse it didn’t come, for the noise carried through the night woke Lyrian. The dragon’s head pulled up from her claws and turned towards the noise. Her long elegant tail uncurled from her body, and her great red, orange, yellow, brown wings extended from her body.

“Tegan,” the voice broke the silence around the small camp, as Lyrian nudged Tegan with her tail. Her head never moved from the direction that the noise had come from. She was listening intently trying to figure just what was going on out there. She could humans and other dragons, but in a village like this, that was strange. Not even to mention the time of night/day.

Tegan sighed but opened her emerald eyes. ‘So much for sleep,’ she thought, quickly moving her thoughts of sleep out of her head when she sat up to see what was wrong. She blinked a few times in the dark. “What is it Lyrian?” she asked running a hand through her hair to force the long brown locks smooth again. “There trouble?” she asked squinting her eyes and looking in the direction that Lyrian was watching. ‘Towards the village? I would have thought everyone was sleeping.’

Lyrian stood her wings folding in towards her sides again. “Something is happening in the village,” she said looking at Tegan again. “I think we should see what’s happening,” she suggested. She lashed her tail through the air, but kept it low to the ground.

Tegan shrugged, and yawned. “Oookay,” she said picking up the blanket and folding it. She set it in the pack and pulled her boots on, then the belt with her weapons. She strapped the saddle back onto Lyrian and the packs of supplies. They might not be coming back here, so it was easier to have all their things with them. If all else failed they could fly somewhere different. Stiffening another yawn Tegan climbed up onto the saddle. “I’m ready,” she said holding tightly to the saddle.

Lyrian’s wings flapped fiercely and in a few moments they were levitating above the ground. Tail used as a tool for steering, in a few more flaps they were sky born. Carefully and slowly, the two made their way towards the noise, keeping a sharp look out for any kind of danger.
Back to top Go down
Aero
Aero

Things that I am :
  • ME Meercat
  • Alarmingly Excellent
  • Dragon Hoarder
  • Gold Hoarder
  • Troll
  • Medium Poster
  • Chatbox Spammer
  • Rebel of Rogue

PostSubject: Re: Blind to the World--------V6, Turich (3rd Board)   Blind to the World--------V6, Turich (3rd Board) Icon_minitimeFri Oct 09, 2009 10:39 pm

The sounds of a fight between something large and very angry continued and Talos being the brave one rushed to the door just as a new voice was added to the chaos going on outside. He stopped just outside the doorway, looking all around for the source of the noise. Though his eyesight wasn't all that great in the dark, he could still make out the form of a dragon swooping around in the darkness before aiming for the ground suddenly and disappearing behind a row of houses.

Mai was close behind, wrapping her thin arm around her brother's waist with wide eyes searching the sky for a hint of what was going on. A small fearful squeak leapt from her lips before she could contain it when she saw the dragon flying about and she clung tighter to her older brother. "What on God's gree earth wuz that?" She whispered, turning her eyes to the strong figure of her older brother. The bartender was still standing in the relative safety of the doorway yet, blocking the warm light from the bar. He looked just as bewildered as the two avian children.

"I dunno. Mai, you need'tuh stay here. I'll go see what sorta creatures is makin' all the fuss." Talos replied, dislodging Mai's tight grip around his waist and sparing her a very serious look. He took a few running steps into the street and spread his huge wings, lifting off the ground with a small swish of the wind on his feathers. The sky welcomed him readily, and he rode the currents above the roof tops to where the battle was, completely ignoring the fact that he was practically flying blind.

Mai stared after the retreating form of her older brother, bewildered by a couple of things. First was the fact that he was daring to fly, even though it was pitch black. It seemed like his time away from home had taught the young man a few new tricks. Second... what had happened to his accent? He was speaking normally until he got that serious look on his face right before taking off. Maybe being a city boy had changed him far more than the young woman could comprehend.

"Maivaisa, what are you going to do?" The bartender asked gently. He knew that the Estoen kids had wonderful reputations as honest respectful people, but they had a stubborn side to them too, and the sweet Mai was no exception.

"Well, Ima go after 'im, sir." Mai replied with a sweet smile. She quickly untied her apron and handed it to the barkeep before taking off running down the street, trying to catch up with her brother. When she arrived at the battlefield, she was a little more than stunned by the sight.

The dragon that had just landed was on one side of the street, watching the chaos unfold between the battling dragons. Her brother floated above her, his wings beating at the air silently to keep him in place. Among the spray of blood and flare of fire from the maws of the dragons they seemed to notice that they were being watched and paused for a split second before taking off with little warning, roaring challenges at each other before taking off into the night, leaving pools of blood behind them.

"What in the world?" She asked again, taking in the scene of all the carnage on the ground. Talos landed by her side, one of his large wings wrapping protectively around her slight form, eyes locked on the remaining dragon. When Mai opened her mouth to question his actions, he hushed her with a simple look.

"It's not over yet." He whispered, glancing back up at the final dragon again, pulling Mai closer to him just incase this one was violent too.

((So... apparently this thread is still open, even though we have two open spaces left. I guess we'll just keep the RP roling and joiners can just pop on in whenever. I don't know what to do about Tegan... She's been gone for a while, so I wonder if she'll magically reappear?))
Back to top Go down
Zay
Admin
Zay

Things that I am :
  • SR Salamander
  • Medium Poster
  • Platypus
  • Chatbox Spammer
  • Minion of Monty
  • Underling of Eldar

PostSubject: Re: Blind to the World--------V6, Turich (3rd Board)   Blind to the World--------V6, Turich (3rd Board) Icon_minitimeWed Dec 23, 2009 9:51 pm

Quietly peaceful, as usual...She should probably be back with her family...keeping an eye on her young sister, fixing the breaks in the household clothes...sleeping. Nah, none of that really caught her fancy. Celera was completely not cut out for the mundane chores, she'd much rather be out here, doing what she did best...Though, she had no more dragons to draw the mimic-stick too...So that meant, no further enchantments for now.

Sitting high up on this hill, surrounded by thick woodland of pine trees, literally just below she could see her home...the village spread out...cold and sleeping, yet quaintly warm. The dirt paths and pure silence, not even animals stirring. The stillness and beauty of this place always captured her imagination, especially at night.
She drew the mimic-stick and examined it, a staff made from a dead wisher dragons wing bone (shortened, mind you) and topped with a pearly looking orb made from the azurite crystals, from the caves to the west...
It was void of it's mimic energy right now, she hadn't manage to draw in any strong dragons, oh well...Night was the perfect time to hunt for them.

Rising from the high woodland hill, she set off down to the level of the village....

It wasn't long before she had clambered her way down the rather steep rocks and tumble and was on solid flat land. Walking through the village, she would be almost indistinguishable from other native Turichans, long brown robes, beads and feathers here and there, the mimic stick too.
Her hair and eyes too were a dark brown, and in the night, almost appearing black...She hadn't even yet set out to the southern woods of Turich and what? This was most unusual, fighting dragons? Why hadn't she seen them from her lofty overview of the village?
She could even just about make out through the din were causing voices...
Turning again she then saw the whole scene, dragons almost never ventured into the village, why hadn't others noticed yet?
She clutched the silvered stick of bone, unsure how to react as she looked on~ surprised.
In fact, she was just about to step out then though, use the mimicry on them, but they had caught sight of those shady figures and flown off into the night not to be seen again.

She sighed to herself, slightly annoyed by this looking to see who the strangers were that had made the dragons take flight...But they were completely unfamiliar, wings?
Wings?
Back to top Go down
Echo
Experienced Roleplayer
Echo

Things that I am :
  • Dragon Hoarder
  • Short Poster
  • Platypus
  • Chatbox Spammer
  • Rebel of Rogue

Male Loveliness : 14

PostSubject: Re: Blind to the World--------V6, Turich (3rd Board)   Blind to the World--------V6, Turich (3rd Board) Icon_minitimeWed Dec 23, 2009 10:19 pm

Two people sat silently in the corner of the avern, each smiling and sipping some herbal drink. The first, Kimo, was dressed in a simple(for her) yellow evening gown that was surprisingly clean, had yellow heels, and a simple pearl necklace. The other, Komi, wore a butler's attire: A black two-tailed suit, grey pants, and black shoes. Both had short hair that was a bright shade of yellow, and both had blue eyes. The two were obviously twins, but Kimo seemed to be the superior. The woman smiled at the man, both completely oblivious to everything else going on in the tavern.
"Madam, how do you like this little town?" He asked. He personally thought it a bit too loud but, what could he do?
"It is...interesting." She answered, taking another sip.
The two were here on their basic business: travelling the world for changes of scenery from their usual lifestyle.
Back to top Go down
Aero
Aero

Things that I am :
  • ME Meercat
  • Alarmingly Excellent
  • Dragon Hoarder
  • Gold Hoarder
  • Troll
  • Medium Poster
  • Chatbox Spammer
  • Rebel of Rogue

PostSubject: Re: Blind to the World--------V6, Turich (3rd Board)   Blind to the World--------V6, Turich (3rd Board) Icon_minitimeWed Dec 23, 2009 10:35 pm

"Brother..." Mai whispered, tapping his ribs lightly, looking through his wing feathers at the woman who had approached the square. "There's someone else 'ere."

Talos didn't like turning his back to a dragon, but he did anyway, looking at the one that had shown up. Neither of the siblings could make out the details of the person, their vision being incredibly bad at night. "And wot, were you with 'em? The big beasts causing all the ruckus?" He yelled over to the stranger, gesturing vaguely toward the sky where the dragons had flown and at the one remaining dragon still sitting on the ground down the street. Whoever it was had a white stick that showed up clearly under the moon. It'd been a while since the brother had been home, but he recognized it for a mimc-stick, an uncommon but known staple in his village.
Back to top Go down
Zay
Admin
Zay

Things that I am :
  • SR Salamander
  • Medium Poster
  • Platypus
  • Chatbox Spammer
  • Minion of Monty
  • Underling of Eldar

PostSubject: Re: Blind to the World--------V6, Turich (3rd Board)   Blind to the World--------V6, Turich (3rd Board) Icon_minitimeWed Dec 23, 2009 10:49 pm

Temporarily averting her eyes from the other sleek yet magnificent black dragon adorned with many coloured spines, she could now clearly behold the two strangers...Wow, it had been how long since she had last seen some avians?
The few she had met were kind and peaceful, she had appreciated that, many other kinds of travellers would come through here and disturb the serenity, but never had the avians...However few she had seen...So it seemed strange that they would be here and involved with this noise.
She sighed though, a little vexed by his question, it should have been obvious.
"No, of course I was not. I' ve come round here to see what all the fuss was." Her temper was a little short at this time too, "Besides what are you doing out here anyway? You're disrupting the wildlife...And the other villagers." She stated abruptly, stepping closer to the two looking them up and down. They seemed harmless enough mind, she found it a little hard to disguise her rudeness too when looking over the female avian over, that thin, really?

Last edited by Zay on Sun Mar 21, 2010 9:52 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Blind to the World--------V6, Turich (3rd Board)   Blind to the World--------V6, Turich (3rd Board) Icon_minitimeWed Dec 23, 2009 11:09 pm

"Um, sir?"
The bartender stood nervously by a table, shifting from foot to foot. The man he was addressing didn't look up, nor did the unusually large black canine resting at his feet. Normally, he wouldn't be cowed by the appearance of customers like these, but this man was.. different. He was an oddity - most travelers would let down their hoods as they entered the tavern, unless they had something to hide. A gloved hand slid out from underneath the man's tattered, dark red cloak as it reached for the mug the bartender had put on the table. On it was a single, round ruby, seemingly hewn into place in the leather itself.
"Sir," the bartender started again, glancing down nervously at the dog, and this time the canine lifted its shaggy head to hold his gaze with its intense pale yellow eyes. He gulped as he realized that it wasn't just a dog - it was a huge wolf.
"P-Pets aren't allowed in the tavern, sir, and we're closing," he managed to blurt.
"Oh?" The man's gruff voice sounded mildly surprised. "But you see, Soul here isn't a pet. And I won't take much o' your time, just a drink'll do." Here he raised his head, and though he couldn't see him, the bartender could feel both his and the wolf's eyes boring right into him.
"I'm sorry, sir, but I'm afraid that-"
Are you arguing with us?
The bartender jumped at the voice, seemingly coming from within his own mind. He gave a sharp glance at the man, until he realized that the voice was much smoother, more refined, almost like a quiet, dangerous purr.
Then he looked at the wolf.
I suggest that you do not cross us, man. Soul's lips curled back, showing long fangs as a low growl rose in his throat.

Axys watched as the man, red-faced with fear, quickly left them in a rather enthustiastic trot. He took the mug by the handle and put it to his lips, tilting his chin up as he downed its contents. As he did, the hood of his cloak fell back, revealing the rough, travel-worn face of a man in his late twenties. His hair was quite long, crimson in color, spiked up and backwards, though it didn't seem to be held in place by anything or dyed. With a slight gasp he thudded the mug on the table. Wiping the froth off his chin, Axys cast his deep royal red eyes around, taking in the others still at the tavern. Two travelers, two... winged people, one peculiarly-dressed - to him, anyways - witch of some kind, and a dragon by the door.
Hmm. A dragon.
Not that he cared much, really. At the time being he was more concerned with getting a warmer mug of ale. Which, to one like him, wasn't too much of a chore. Sliding one hand under his mug, Axys whispered inaudible words, and a small blue flame kindled itself to life from his palm.

Soul's maw parted in a huge yawn as he got up, shaking his black winter coat vigorously, and started to stretch. His shoulder was about as tall as the tavern's counter top, and as he moved nearer towards the door the wolf knocked aside a couple of chairs before finding a spot to settle.
With mild interest the wolf observed the others, intense gaze sweeping over them as if sizing them up.
Back to top Go down
Rogue
Rogue

Things that I am :
  • Alarmingly Excellent
  • Chatbox Spammer
  • Underling of Eldar

PostSubject: Re: Blind to the World--------V6, Turich (3rd Board)   Blind to the World--------V6, Turich (3rd Board) Icon_minitimeMon Dec 28, 2009 8:39 pm

Having landed in the village, (which he decided now was a really bad idea), Rilos felt his irritation at being disturbed quickly ebb, leaving trepidation at being alone in a human village in its place. He pulled a face, for watching him with curious eyes out of a darkened corner were a pair of two-leg avians, having arrived on the scene not moments before. Their presence at the village square persuaded him to try and deliver his message now, rather than wait until the next day when there would inevitably be more two-legs buying their various useless goods from the daily market. He gave a gulp, for he never enjoyed the reactions to a dragon’s appearance in their dwelling places- Screaming, chaos and an uncomfortable number of pitchforks was not his idea of a fun day out.

Before he could take a step towards the two avians, they turned, embarking on a conversation with some further two-leg standing behind his vision. His hearing, however, was not similarly impaired, and the new stranger’s categorisation of himself and “wildlife” was met by a snort of annoyance and a long tongue of blue flames spurting across the cobblestones he stood on, turning them black. He took a step forwards, skidding slightly with the reduced grip he had with his claws, before speaking slowly, the human tongue unfamiliar and clumsy on his lips.

“I be Rilos messenger, bring news of South mountains. You know of evil Zartear?”

Not wanting to reveal more of his message yet, Rilos instead questioned the human two-legs. It wasn’t worth telling them old news if it was known already! That, and speaking the human tongue was hard work, not to mention embarrassing, what with his limited knowledge and growling voice that was more accustomed to the dragon language. He just hoped that what he had said was somewhat interpretable...

((Sorry it’s very VERY late, I forget to check this thread lots… :/ I’ll try and keep up more!))
Back to top Go down
Tegan
Experienced Roleplayer
Tegan

Things that I am :
  • ME Meercat
  • SR Salamander
  • DDC Dingo

PostSubject: Re: Blind to the World--------V6, Turich (3rd Board)   Blind to the World--------V6, Turich (3rd Board) Icon_minitimeTue Dec 29, 2009 2:44 am

(( Aero and Rouge told me to post, and so did Hikari, so there. I posted. Happy? xD I promise I'll stop with my disappearing acts as well. So long as this place stays alive again, Hurray for people! ^.^ Eh, blah post I think.. o.o ))

It was Lyrian who first picked up on the arrival, and almost collision. Tegan watched, her legs tightening around her dragon’s sides and her hands holding tighter to the horn. There was a fleeing dragon, which no doubt was the cause of this disturbance in the village. This fleeing dragon was heading right towards Lyrian, with no sigh of willing to either stop or change course. It was lucky that Lyrian had spotted this early, or it would have caused some trouble.

Lyrian swooped down out of the air, heading towards the village, doing a twist in the air, her tail slinking behind her like a golden snake. She took to the sky again; her wings flapping a guest to the house in the village below, they rose back into the blackness watching the fleeing dragon disappear into the horizon, before twisting to face the area where the noise had first started again. She flattened out, Tegan going from vertical to horizontal in the saddle once more, and moved quietly forwards again. At a slower pace.

They were getting closer when Tegan spoke softly to Lyrian. “Wait a moment, you see them?” She was looking into the area where a group was. Her eye sight in the dark was wonderful, being an elf. She could make out all of them, even from the distance they were away. “I think you should drop me off and wait. Circle the area, and keep out of sight, and come around to the other side. Find a place in the mountains and keep the mind link open, that way if I need you, you can come get me.”

Lyrian’s eyes scooped the area as well. Another dragon had just settled into the area where there were three others, and a wolf watching from the tavern. They included two avian, a boy and a girl, and another human girl. “Ah,” she said just as softly as Tegan. “I see now what you mean. I’m not sure what it is,” she spoke referring to the mimic stick, “but I don’t trust it either. Youngling, be careful, and I’ll keep the link open incase, but I will be no more than a mile away.”

With this Tegan nodded, and climbing out of the saddle moved down Lyrian’s back very carefully. She walked, balancing easily, to the end of Lyrian’s tail, and as Lyrian made a silent steady dive towards the roof of a building, Tegan sprang off Lyrian’s tail, who took to the sky again, and landed with a roll that almost brought her off the roof, onto it. She moved towards them swiftly, leaping from roof to close roof, until she made it to the last in the row near them, and ducked down into the shadows atop it, waiting to see what this was all about.
Back to top Go down
Aero
Aero

Things that I am :
  • ME Meercat
  • Alarmingly Excellent
  • Dragon Hoarder
  • Gold Hoarder
  • Troll
  • Medium Poster
  • Chatbox Spammer
  • Rebel of Rogue

PostSubject: Re: Blind to the World--------V6, Turich (3rd Board)   Blind to the World--------V6, Turich (3rd Board) Icon_minitimeSun Jan 03, 2010 10:03 pm

Mai flinched from the woman's stare, knowing that she was most likely staring at her in disapproval for looking so malnourished. She couldn't yet see her facial expression, but she was close enough that she could tell the strange woman was looking in her direction. Unconsciously, she stepped closer to her big brother, her hand reaching out and grabbing a bit of the fabric of his shirt for reassurance. In response, she felt his huge wing move closer, enveloping her further. She gave a little cry when the dragon let out a tongue of flame, and stared wide eyed through Talos' feathers at the scorched ground.

"Disturbin' the wildlife..?" Talos raised a brow, glancing back at the dragon on the ground and the results of the fire. "I think it's the wildlife that's disturbin' us." The siblings listened to the garbled speech of the dragon, and for a moment there was only confusion. Talos because he couldn't at all understand what had been said, and Mai because she actually did.

Sparing the woman another glance, Mai removed herself from her brother's side, stepping around his sheltering wing and out into the open, staring openly at the dragon. "Zartear?" She asked, her voice loud enough to carry down the street to the dragon. "No, we've heard nothing of him. What do you mean evil? What's going on in the southern mountains?"
Back to top Go down
Rogue
Rogue

Things that I am :
  • Alarmingly Excellent
  • Chatbox Spammer
  • Underling of Eldar

PostSubject: Re: Blind to the World--------V6, Turich (3rd Board)   Blind to the World--------V6, Turich (3rd Board) Icon_minitimeSat Feb 20, 2010 5:08 pm

Engrossed in trying to speak the unfamiliar human tongue as he was, and other dragon’s placement in the sky almost immediately behind him, Rilos didn’t see the dragon in the skies near Turich, and it’s quick deposition of it’s rider on the rooftops of some nearby houses.

Rilos didn’t expect the smaller avian’s reaction of fear towards his fiery outburst, and immediately regretted the action. Being a creature of fire as he was, he wasn’t used to the fear others showed towards his native element. It wasn’t as though he ha reached her with it though…

Wrinkling his nose in thought and frustration (but mainly frustration), Rilos tried to phrase his message better, for the taller avian’s face betrayed his confusion. The other avian looked much the same, and the third human was indeterminable from being obscured by the shadows that she stood in.

Once again, a reference to himself and “wildlife” as one. This time his snort of irritation was followed by angry words,
“Rilos no wildlife! Rilos dragonkind!”
However, remembering the younger avian’s fear (and now her movement towards him), he made no further attempt at pressing his point. Instead, he listened hard to understand her words.
“No, we’ve heard nothing of him. What do you mean evil? What’s going on in the Southern mountains?”
He paused for a moment, figuring out her questions before answering back.
“Zartear break Quinsilla, capture South mountains.”
Back to top Go down
Tegan
Experienced Roleplayer
Tegan

Things that I am :
  • ME Meercat
  • SR Salamander
  • DDC Dingo

PostSubject: Re: Blind to the World--------V6, Turich (3rd Board)   Blind to the World--------V6, Turich (3rd Board) Icon_minitimeWed Feb 24, 2010 10:25 pm

Tegan watched the group from her roof. She’d missed the dragon’s first message, but had seen the fire from the distance she’d been at. She was actually slightly surprised that no one had become aware of her entrance, yet. Her eyes glanced over at the human still in the slight shadows, and now at this close a distance she could make out the features better. For all of them at that. She replayed this entire thing for Lyrian, who by now had settled between two of the mountains in a half hidden cave that gave her an easy way to fly out quickly.

Hearing the avian boy’s speech, she blinked. She really wished she’d heard what the dragon had said before she’d come here. ‘What is he talking about with the wildlife?’ she thought to herself. Lyrian was quiet, watching through Tegan’s eyes. That was when the girl avian stepped forwards, and Tegan’s attention was drawn to her and what she spoke of.

‘Zartear?’ Tegan thought, trying to remember where she knew that name from. ‘Wait… He’s the bad clan’s leader, what do they call themselves… I’m not sure, but why be talking about him? What is going on here?’ She leaned forwards just a slight bit more, making sure she kept in the shadows still. This was a rather interesting thing to drop in on. She had to admit. She came here for the action happening, and was staying for the speech.

At the dragon, Rilos’, outburst, Tegan’s attention was pulled out of thought and off the female avian and pulled to the dragon. She frowned as he took offense to the male avian’s words, hoping no voilance would follow, but when the dragon calmed down, Tegan relaxed, for a moment. With the word of Quinsilla falling, and the southern mountains captured, Tegan found it hard to keep silent and invisible any longer. Standing she stepped out of the shadows.

“What do you mean? How could that happen?” she asked her one hand resting on her swords while her other was behind her back. She was shy as an elf, as even if they were creatures of civilization, they were still solitude creatures to other races. “What exactly did happen?” she asked, her curiosity getting the better of her nature.
Back to top Go down
Zay
Admin
Zay

Things that I am :
  • SR Salamander
  • Medium Poster
  • Platypus
  • Chatbox Spammer
  • Minion of Monty
  • Underling of Eldar

PostSubject: Re: Blind to the World--------V6, Turich (3rd Board)   Blind to the World--------V6, Turich (3rd Board) Icon_minitimeSun Mar 21, 2010 10:23 am

Celera snorted with a slight smile, it seemed the male avian was right...The dragon didn't seem too comfortable here, though.
On hearing what the dragon said though all she could do was close her eyes and shake her head.
Dragons, she thought. Can't swallow dragon pride.
But then, even in the mix up of what he was trying to communicate, there was an urgency in how he spoke and a strange foreign name; Zartear? A clan? Quinsilla?
She now knew that in reality she didn't even know what these things were, for she lived in Turich- a village so isolated and independant it indeed was blind to the rest of Dragons Cove.
Celera had fallen silent for a moment in her thoughts wondering what it could all mean...of the little she did know of the world beyond her bitterly cold mountain home, was that Dragons Cove had had a long peace for many many years, there had simply been no threat.
But who beyond Dragons Cove shores even knew of this utopia of the dragons?

Celera looked up again, not sure whether to believe a straying dragon, though the seriousness on his face didn't seem like "fun and games"
"Well dragon, even if that's what it is...What do you expect us to do?" She sighed, "I am hardly the fighting type, no? I think I speak for more than one of us too." She glanced sideways to Mai...
Though, she went on, a new sort of curiosity in her voice.
"But yes, can't you tell us more?"

Fighter or not she always wondered what happened beyond the protective shell of the mighty mountains around her home, and yearned to know more.
But then, she fancied she heard another voice in the dark and her head turned away from the dragon looking into the dark, her poor night vision typical of humans, made her unable to see the keeper of the voice.

Last edited by Zay on Mon Jul 12, 2010 9:11 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Echo
Experienced Roleplayer
Echo

Things that I am :
  • Dragon Hoarder
  • Short Poster
  • Platypus
  • Chatbox Spammer
  • Rebel of Rogue

PostSubject: Re: Blind to the World--------V6, Turich (3rd Board)   Blind to the World--------V6, Turich (3rd Board) Icon_minitimeSat Jun 12, 2010 6:32 pm

"Whehe, 'nuther done."
Glancing and nervous chatter surrounded the small goblin as he wandered by, the creature smiling up a storm regardless. His weed bag was full of the good stuff, and he actually had a half-decent meal just a while ago. Needless to say, life was good. He cracked his neck, took in a breath through his pipe, and lifted his ears up a bit. Lets see what there is to hear. Oh dear, I lost my ring, I was cheated out of a turnip, who is that short green man, that wierd deamon guy looks like a killer, I hope that creep outside doesn't come to my house*, and hello, what's this? Zartear? A common name in his circle, and its very infamous, but Kagan couldn't quite remember why.

The group having this out-of-place conversation seemed more set towards fighting then that one was letting on. And a dragon had said that statement. He stopped dead in his tracks, completely engrossed in listening to this group, letting out a thoughtful puff of smoke. This sounded like the beginnings of a quest. And he should know, he's been hearing things like this quite often.

*Wow, it's like these people have never seen a goblin before.

((Ah, I feel b ad, I don't know what's going on and I didnt post for a month.))
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Blind to the World--------V6, Turich (3rd Board)   Blind to the World--------V6, Turich (3rd Board) Icon_minitimeWed Jun 16, 2010 6:35 am

Zartear?
Even the name put his fur on edge; he could feel his hackles rising. What news of Zartear?
Soul inched forwards, leaving his companion behind to enjoy his ale while he gathered information. It'd be no use to convince him to participate anyways; he'd be too drunk and too awkward to handle himself properly in the face of strangers. The wolf had been listening into the conversation between the strange avians, the dragon, and the witch-of-some-kind who, from her scent, seemed human.
The same human who was now looking in the general direction of Axys.
They never really planned to be shady and secretive on the way here, but Soul tensed anyway. He didn't really consider surprised people jumping up and yelling, "Wolf!", closely followed by armed men brandishing a nasty assortment of weapons at him as excitement. He kept low, trying to avoid looking directly into the woman's face in case she saw the betraying flash of his eyes.
Tensely he hunkered down, pressing his body as flat as he could against the ground and tucking his limbs in tight. It wasn't much use due to his size; even in that position, the seats of the chairs were level with his shoulders. Thank the Gods his fur was black.
This was an exciting development; Zartear had captured the South? Already? How long did he and Axys stay in Turich? The peace in the place was infinitely misleading...
More scents entered his conscience; a sour scent that was so strong he had to scrunch up his scarred nose, and the gentler, more distant scent of an elf. Looks like the little group talk wasn't so private after all.
Behind him, Soul heard a groan and a thud, then rolled his eyes. Axys would be out for a long time yet.

(Sorry I've been away for so long! Like Echo, haven't been posting in months and I kinda don't know what's going on either...)
Back to top Go down
Aero
Aero

Things that I am :
  • ME Meercat
  • Alarmingly Excellent
  • Dragon Hoarder
  • Gold Hoarder
  • Troll
  • Medium Poster
  • Chatbox Spammer
  • Rebel of Rogue

PostSubject: Re: Blind to the World--------V6, Turich (3rd Board)   Blind to the World--------V6, Turich (3rd Board) Icon_minitimeTue Jun 22, 2010 3:36 pm

A small squeak seemed to leave Mai when she realized that all of a sudden there was a new person among their ranks. Though neither of the avian siblings could make out the roughest outline of the newcomer, they could both tell at the very least that she was female by the pitch of her voice. Mai riveted her gaze back on the dragon, feeling that it was more important to talk to him rather than the others, seeing as he had all the news. She'd seen Quinsilla on maps, though had never traveled so far south as to actually have had the pleasure of seeing the city in real life. As a courier, she'd only had the pleasure of visiting the nearest towns to Turich, and never strayed very far. The magic woman's words had a certain sting in them, and Mai flinched almost visibly. It was true, after all, and she was not so foolish as to imagine herself to be some great warrior. She was a common laborer, and knew a plow or rake better than she would ever know a sword. "Tell us all you can, please." She said to the dragon, determined to try and avoid giving in to the scathing remarks of the staff wielder.

Talos, however, seemed a little irked by the woman's condescending tone, and was close enough to catch the small movement of her head toward his sister. "What cun we be 'spected ter do?" He asked, aiming his best scathing glare at the woman. "We cun go an help, o course! There ain't no point in jus' stayin' 'ere and waitin' fer the fight ter come ter us, is there? If we do, it'll be too late, won' it?" Unlike his siblings that had resided solely in Turich for their entire lives, Talos had been out and about, seen some of the world and had always possessed a keen sense of wanderlust that had sparked his desire for adventure. He had learned some basic skills as a bowman, and had some fleeting ability to wield the dirk strapped to his thigh if the situation was dire enough. He was no soldier, but he had the soul of one, and the idea of sitting back and letting Dragons Cove come under attack without lifting a finger seemed like an extremely appalling thought to the young man.
Back to top Go down
Rogue
Rogue

Things that I am :
  • Alarmingly Excellent
  • Chatbox Spammer
  • Underling of Eldar

PostSubject: Re: Blind to the World--------V6, Turich (3rd Board)   Blind to the World--------V6, Turich (3rd Board) Icon_minitimeFri Jul 02, 2010 8:53 pm

Rilos struggled to translate the human’s fast speech, coupled with a new, sudden appearance of another human, at which he flinched and gripped the ground with his claws, flaring his wings in case of a quick takeoff, out of the way of danger. Relaxing again, knowing the new human wasn’t a threat (in fact, he was sure she smelt faintly draconic), he flicked his tails, halting the stream of questions, working through a list of answers in his head before he answered. Slowly, he started to speak.
“Zartear take Quinsilla three day past. Fight, soldiers, fire. Houses black with fire. Where is Prince Atleon?” He paused, finding the foreign human tongue draining. Switching briefly to dragon-tongue, he asked (or rather more, pleaded), “Can anyone here understand dragon-tongue instead?”

Once again, he switched back to common tongue, a headache starting to brew behind his eyes.
“Humans need army, Zartear has army. Quinsilla, gone, Racksom gone too? Maybe. Find some fighting? You no fighting?” Hopefully he got his message across, for the dragon knew he was most definitely not the best speaker of common-tongue in the neutral clan, even though he was appointed messenger.

He fell quiet again, not understanding the rest of the human’s speech. Hopefully someone might have been able to understand his dragon-speech and could translate in place for him…
Back to top Go down
Tegan
Experienced Roleplayer
Tegan

Things that I am :
  • ME Meercat
  • SR Salamander
  • DDC Dingo

PostSubject: Re: Blind to the World--------V6, Turich (3rd Board)   Blind to the World--------V6, Turich (3rd Board) Icon_minitimeSun Jul 11, 2010 6:37 pm

Tegan was silent for a long moment, listening and watching the others. She realized after a moment that they didn’t have as good of night vision as she did, and with a soft sigh, she stepped more forwards, coming closer to them, and leaving the shadow completely behind her. Her brown hair was still in her face slightly, but it covered mostly the tattoo under her emerald eyes. Still, she reached up and brushed her hair back behind her pointed ears. She didn’t mean to scare anyone, which she noticed she’d failed to do as the female avian let out a surprised noise. Putting her hand back on the hilts of her swords at her side, she judged she was actually were even the avian’s poor sight could make her out in the darkness. She’d learned that avians had poorer sight at night than even humans. Lyrian she felt was unhappy with Tegan being so close to everyone, but Lyrian was also watching the dragon, Rilos, and even picked up the two other guests that hadn’t made themselves known yet. With Lyrian watching for dangers, Tegan could focus on the conversation.

The news the dragon brought was rather disturbing, and his speech was a little hard to make out. Lyrian thought over what the dragon said and replayed the message to Tegan in clearer English. Tegan bit her lip. Quinsilla was destroyed by Zartear and he was moving on Racksom, which might be destroyed by now as well… This wasn’t good. Plus, there was no army, but what of the good clan? Tegan mentally hit herself for not remember either’s names. Also, for not paying attention to merchants talk. She’d heard rumors of the bad clan forming, but hadn’t thought much of it. Simply figured they were rumors, but now, she knew it was all true. Perhaps all of it. Still… it had truly been hard to believe that after all the peace on Dragon’s Cove, anything bad could happen, but now… anything seemed possible.

“Tegan…” Lyrian’s voice broke through the elf’s thoughts. “You can understand dragon speech, and anything you don’t get, I’ll fill in for you.”

Tegan shook her head quietly. That was right, the dragon had asked if anyone could understand his natural tongue. And she could. Taking a few more carefully steps toward Rilos she spoke in dragon togue to him. “I can understand it. I’ll translate for you if it’s easier this way.” She finished with a pleased smile. Perhaps she would be able to help them after all, and that way, the entire message would be able to be gotten across, and all questions answered. Looking at the others quickly, she then looked back at Rilos, and spoke in dragon tongue again. “Is there more to the message?”

Last edited by Tegan on Sat Jul 31, 2010 12:48 am; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Zay
Admin
Zay

Things that I am :
  • SR Salamander
  • Medium Poster
  • Platypus
  • Chatbox Spammer
  • Minion of Monty
  • Underling of Eldar

PostSubject: Re: Blind to the World--------V6, Turich (3rd Board)   Blind to the World--------V6, Turich (3rd Board) Icon_minitimeFri Jul 30, 2010 7:16 pm

Celera glowered at the male avian for a minute, no, no that wasn't what she meant at all! She was no quitter...Or did he make a point? For a moment she flit off into her head, imagining an invasion on Turich, what would she do? She didn't trust herself to act heroic; but shouldn't she at least show an interest in finding out and protecting where she lived?
A silent sigh passed inside her head and she felt a little taken aback for being quite so edgy.

Back to reality and suddenly everything seemed farfetched; it was mysterious enough that a cluster in sleepy Turich had gathered, night time too.
Celera fancied that things were going to get interesting and instead of retorting to Talos once again simply fell silent, not able to find the right words, and listened.
But now the dragon elaborated on fighting, destruction and so on...and a big part of her didn't believe it in the slightest.

Though now she was more curious than ever.
Oooh but what if?

So it seemed they had a translator now, in the shape of a rare and luxuriant Autumn dragon, sleek golden brown scales and all.
"Please, translate for us all." Celera's knowledge of the dragon-tongue was still rudimentary, anyhow, the others would surely want to know too.
She was now solely focused on the black dragon with it's electric blue spines, already she began wondering, this felt like it held the possibility for her to explore, get away from tiny, idyllic Turich where your brother knew your aunt knew the Butcher knew the herbalist knew you and your great great grandfather.
Her common sense that was with her minutes before seemed to take a back seat as she began to imagine, the doubts saying it'd all turn into nothings and could-haves quietened at least for this while.

Her face softened from it's scolding look, now listening to the others. These strange people...dragons...avians...etcetera that seemed to have just appeared here.
She bit her lip, then asked out loud to Lyrian.

"Ask him what he thinks we should do?"
Back to top Go down
Echo
Experienced Roleplayer
Echo

Things that I am :
  • Dragon Hoarder
  • Short Poster
  • Platypus
  • Chatbox Spammer
  • Rebel of Rogue

PostSubject: Re: Blind to the World--------V6, Turich (3rd Board)   Blind to the World--------V6, Turich (3rd Board) Icon_minitimeThu Sep 09, 2010 1:56 pm

So Mr. Teary had an army, one town was destroyed, and they were figuring out who wants to fight? Sounds like every other rebellion or retaliation he had ever heard of. But this one seemed a bit... diffrent. Quinilla and Racksom weren't just little villages, and the more he thought of it, Kagan could remember more and more occasions in which he had heard the name Zartear. And none of them were talking about what a fine, upstanding citizen he was. Kagan let out a puff of smoke, ears lowered in concentration. And then, a plan started forming in his mind. The money he had wouldn't last forever, and he was always up for a bit of adventure. But this led to a bigger question: Who would he sell his services to, the retaliating group or Zartear.

With no idea where he could even find Zartear, and with no inclination to actually look, he decided to stick with the people right aroud the corner. So with a smile and one final puff, he continued walking,and when he finally crossed thier path he simply stopped and stared at them, like he was just a curious bystander. He would offer them help when they either noticed him or when they were done, because he would just look desperate if he came up pining for attention and a job. Hopefully, they would notice him, because standing there looking surprised isn't that easy when you're not.

((Not great, but I had to post something. Sorry for the delay.))
Back to top Go down
Aero
Aero

Things that I am :
  • ME Meercat
  • Alarmingly Excellent
  • Dragon Hoarder
  • Gold Hoarder
  • Troll
  • Medium Poster
  • Chatbox Spammer
  • Rebel of Rogue

PostSubject: Re: Blind to the World--------V6, Turich (3rd Board)   Blind to the World--------V6, Turich (3rd Board) Icon_minitimeFri Sep 10, 2010 12:20 am

Surrounded by mysterious people whose faces he couldn't make out despite all the squinting in the world and caught between a dragon and a host of mysterious bystanders that lurked in the deserted midnight streets of Turich, Talos was proving to be fairly in calm. His sister couldn't say the same, having always been of a nervous nature which was showing through. She was particularly fearful at night, and he knew that even though she was putting on a brave face in front of the dragon, she was probably trembling. Walking forward a few steps, he placed a hand on her shoulder, and immediately felt the trembling lessen, reassured as she was by his touch.

"Yeh heard dat, righ'?" Mai whispered, turning her face toward her brother, voice trembling. "Quinsilla its... prolly gone. All the people! Wotcha think they did with 'em? The dragon, 'e said it was all burned down! Black with fire, 'e said!" She muffled a sob with her hand, retreating into the protective embrace of her brother, fitting neatly under the much taller man's shoulder. One of her best qualities, and at this particular moment an incredible weakness, was her empathetic nature. Though she had never been to Quinsilla, imagining the terrible things that might have befallen the residents when this 'Zartear' fellow and his army that he was leading on a crusade through Dragon's Cove.

"Shh, it'll be fine Mai." He muttered, squeezing her shoulders once before looking up at the dragon then around to those gathered in the square. At the edge of his vision, he could see yet another mystery person lingering between a couple of houses. At this distance, he couldn't actually see much of the new person, only that they were not part of the building. "They keep comin', don't they?" He asked to himself with a chuckle, though the laugh was fairly devoid of humor. "I dunno what else ye gotta tell us Rilos. Seems like ye dun told us the most important part." He called across the open space, meeting the dragon's eyes as best he could given that he wasn't entirely sure where they were. He looked back at the woman then that had posed the idea that they do nothing, curious about her apparent change of heart in asking the dragon what their course of action should be. "We gotta go 'an do somethin', don't we?" He raised his voice, projecting to the rest in the square. "Turich is safe 'nough, it's true. I dunno what some foreign invader'd want with us. We ain't got much, 'an we dunn't pose much offa threat to an army. But wot's this feller gonna do when 'e gets 'ere? Yeh think 'ell jus' leave us alone? Naw, 'ell do ter us like 'e did ter Quinsilla!"

"Talos!" Mai hissed, looking up at him with wide eyes. "What're yeh sayin'?"

"I'm sayin that we should go fight, iffin yeh can fight." He looked at the dragon again, raising his chin slightly. "Yeh dunnit know where the prince is, righ'? 'Else we'd 'ave 'eard 'bout this, or ye'd be askin' us ter join his army, righ'? I'll go fer sure. I wouldn't sit righ' wif me to 'ear 'bout somethin' like this, 'an this sit 'an wait till 'e comes fer us. 'An what about ya'll?" He gestured toward the rest of them. "Are ye gonna sit 'an see if yeh can wait it out? I'm leavin' in the mornin', 'cuz it sounds like Racksom's the place ter be righ' about now."
Back to top Go down
Rogue
Rogue

Things that I am :
  • Alarmingly Excellent
  • Chatbox Spammer
  • Underling of Eldar

PostSubject: Re: Blind to the World--------V6, Turich (3rd Board)   Blind to the World--------V6, Turich (3rd Board) Icon_minitimeWed Sep 15, 2010 9:55 am

Rilos felt a wave of calm wash over him as the elf spoke reassuringly in dragon-tongue. Layers of stress quickly peeled away, and he was surprised at how tense he really was. He sunk to his haunches, flicking his tails in content like a cat. Things were so much easier when you didn’t have to speak human.

“Quinsilla is in ruins.” He rumbled, concentrating his blue-eyed stare on the elf. “There is nothing left, I saw it myself. Mercenaries have overrun the city and Zartear sits like a false king, with the true Prince Atleon nowhere to be found.”
The spine spike dragon looked around at the others gathered in the street as he fell silent. If they were still here listening, then they must be the adventurous kind of human- Many he had met before had just gone back to their cosy bourgeoisie lives and shut the door.

AS the elf Tegan translated his dragonspeech to those who could not understand him, Rilos saw another figure approach the group- What a busy night this was! He rattled his spines as a warning, porcupine style, watching the newcomer’s movements just before the edge of the shadows. He was mistrustful of this new person- Why should he not be? Unlike the others he had obviously not been attracted by the flames and noise that had woken him from his slumber just outside the city at midnight, otherwise he would have been revealed before this time. So why was he here?
As the avian now began to speak, Rilos diverted his attentions, still facing the newcomer that had just appeared, but watching the tall avian with his eyes. The avian certainly had the right idea, yes. Zartear was not one to just give in to bargains and gold- He wanted land and power, and from the aggressive way he had attacked Quinsilla, he wanted land and power now.

“Why leave in the morning? You are awake now, why not start on this journey tonight?” Rilos was wide awake now, all traces of sleep left outside the town. “It is a long way to cross, and ‘tis best to arrive fast, lest Zartear take more of the Isle.” He ground his claws into the road at Zartear’s name. “There is unlikely to be many here that are willing to travel as well, apart from those present. Do any other one of you wish to travel to Racksom? If not, you can tell the townfolk of our journey in the morn.”

Although not generally one for action and fighting, Rilos knew that for any peace anywhere on Dragon’s Cove, the threat of Rebellion must be quashed. Every old folktale and story told that.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Blind to the World--------V6, Turich (3rd Board)   Blind to the World--------V6, Turich (3rd Board) Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Blind to the World--------V6, Turich (3rd Board)
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next