Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

[Any psychotic ex-boyfriends I should know about?] Prince Meets Princess [You have NO idea!]

Go down 
2 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Zay
Admin
Zay

Things that I am :
  • SR Salamander
  • Medium Poster
  • Platypus
  • Chatbox Spammer
  • Minion of Monty
  • Underling of Eldar

Female Loveliness : 62

[Any psychotic ex-boyfriends I should know about?] Prince Meets Princess [You have NO idea!] - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: [Any psychotic ex-boyfriends I should know about?] Prince Meets Princess [You have NO idea!]   [Any psychotic ex-boyfriends I should know about?] Prince Meets Princess [You have NO idea!] - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 19, 2008 4:03 pm

I wasn't sure quite what time to set it, so I've forwarded to another day; that said, you can decide whether it's the very next day, a week, month and so on XD Just is a different setting and day, and as per usual is a busy town, and is around 2pm and is fairly gloomy and rainy =)

"How do I know you will not fail? How do I know you are not going to attempt to fool the order?"
"Do not worry, my lord, I promise you this...Should I ever do such a thing then you can punish me however you see fit. Of course, it should not come to that, certainly you must have heard of me. I haven't failed yet, I've yet to see a beast that has not fallen to me."
The elderly nobleman looked upon him suspiciously, judging the man's sober, serious face...trying to find a trace of badness through his silkily disposed words. It was hard to put a finger to the thing, but this man's general "Being" made him uncomfortable, still, that -whatever it was- in the mountain area could not stay alive. The elder's face relaxed as he then spoke again.
"Very well Slayer Stratos, but before you receive the reward I want that creature's head---as is customary, and I am sure you have no issue with this."
Zartear nodded once,
"As is your wish my lord." He rose from the table, stepping to one side and bowed, and although the face never moved a muscle. If it was how he truly felt, it would have grinned tremendously. Oh yes it would have, this old biddie was easy as pie to convince, quite lucky considering what happened in the other town. Where the folk -very close to their "pets"- had attempted to burn him and had almost convinced those of power to officialize something of a man hunt. Apparently he was the type of slayer they didn't like, oh what a tragic terrible rotten shame. He had no intentions of leaving the land.

He exited the great hall still in his armour---that was part of the convincing---and was before long out, at the front of the towering stone building, looking down beyond the wet stone steps, pale shapes of the rain falling down and spattering across the stone, clouds miserably residing in the sky, not a trace of sunlight. Zartear walked down the steps, he had plans of going to the marketplace, when he wasn't slaying he was most likely researching for himself values of objects, the desrirable and undesirable. And on rare occassions trying to find new tools for his trade. There was little else to be done, if he set out now for that monster then it'd be wet and stormy in the mountain region where it lived. And of course, that would be the opposite of what he really wanted. That and, frankly, he had plenty of time to spare and was not going to trouble himself with setting off now. He reached the bottom of the steps and walked some way down the tall stone building-lined streets, few people were out except the ones carrying their goods back and forth. As he carried on further, a person caught his eye.
That man with scruffy brown hair seemed around his age and glared him fiercely, murmuring words of contempt soundlessly. Of course, that was another one of those anti-slayer types.
He ignored him though, it wasn't like it was new for him, by now he'd grown used to the looks of disgust and accusations of his atrocious behaviour. Those were the people that had seen the real side of him though.

As he entered to the large marketplace, even in the rain, it was still quite busy. You had the poor peoples stalls of bread and land produce to the western side, but to the east the most valuable things only people with a respectable amount of gold could even consider looking at. Zartear through his backhanded methods of forming gold had "earnt" his place there. For now though, he took the moment to fall back upon the side of a bulding, just watching the market...the people scurrying about...It was time to observe, observe this type of people and type of objects. And who knows? You could tell a surprising amount from simply watching.
He looked to his left, and to his right.
Arms folded, and behaving as if he were waiting for something, or someone.
Back to top Go down
http://www.google.co.uk
Eldarwen
Admin
Eldarwen

Things that I am :
  • Alarmingly Excellent
  • Minion of Monty
  • Thrall of Zay

Female Loveliness : 68

[Any psychotic ex-boyfriends I should know about?] Prince Meets Princess [You have NO idea!] - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: [Any psychotic ex-boyfriends I should know about?] Prince Meets Princess [You have NO idea!]   [Any psychotic ex-boyfriends I should know about?] Prince Meets Princess [You have NO idea!] - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 20, 2008 10:52 pm

"Selene, it's really about time to start picking up the pieces of your life again!" her friend scolded her with a reproaching but yet pitiful look in her eyes. "It's been over a week now that you have been in the weirdest moods I have ever seen you in," she continued, waving away Selene's words as the latter wanted to reply. "I know, I know, you've lost a lot and you feel like a complete idiot, but it's time to move on. Let me finish," she grunted again. "It IS time to move on, no matter what you are telling yourself in your little, stubborn head," slightly poking Selene in her head in a friendly gesture to enforce the point she was making.

Sighing Selene decided to force herself to finally resign to her fate. "I know, I know, you're right.... I'd be lying to myself if I said I didn't know that everything you've been saying wasn't true." She most of all knew that she had to get her life back together, she had to look after herself and find a way to earn some more money as she was now supporting herself on her own completely. There was nobody left to help her, even if they had wanted to. And as far as her knight in shining armour was concerned, the initial excitement now passed, she was disappointed to say the least. She felt used, abused and very hurt, despite the fact that she was the one that had given in to his will. She knew it, but that didn't mean she didn't still feel what she had been feeling the past days.

Ever since she got back, she had been burying and hiding herself at her friend's place, afraid that she might bump into him should she set foot outside the door. It was ridiculous anyway. He had disappeared as quickly and unforeseen as he had appeared in her life, why should she ever see him again? He was probably not even from around here and will have moved on far away from here by now. "Anything to convince myself, it didn't mean anything to me either," she sobbed, then taking a sharp breath to seem stronger. Looking up at her friend, she stated with renewed force in her voice: "I'll go get a job now. But thanks for letting me stay here for the time being." She wanted to add that it was very much appreciated especially since she didn't have any other place to go but she knew it would make her cry again, so she simply stood up to hug her friend. Her husband was away for a few weeks, travel for some kind of business - she had not fully understood the details - so she didn't even disturb the family life and on top gave her a hand seeing that her friend was pregnant. Her parents would be proud that she was finally taking charge of her life in many ways they thought she'd never manage to achieve.

Outside, it was raining. Obviously, Selene thought, please make me feel worse, yes, thank you. Her face was a mask of sadness and agony. The short lived happiness after her encounter in the mountains had been a nice change, but unfortunately, it had not lasted very long. Trying to see it in a positive light, Selene kept repeating to herself that at least she had been happy - and satisfied - for a short while, better than not at all. The place was crowded, it was market day. It was somehow amazing that even despite the rain, there were so many people out, shoving everyone who was seemingly in their way, even when they were not. Market day seemed to be a good excuse for the rude people to do what they did best - get on other people's nerves.

Losing herself in her thoughts again, she simply stopped in the middle of a kind of street between stands, wondering what she should do. Wondering if there was anybody that would give her a job and what kind of job she should be looking for to at least be lucky enough to get some kind of occupation in exchange for some money. She didn't have much left of what she had gathered over the years, always saving every penny she had laid hands on. She stood there, arms hanging, dripping already like a wet poodle, hair hanging down her face in strains, the rain drops mixing with the tears that were streaming down her face. At least, no one would notice now. As she lifted her eyes, scanning the crowd, she suddenly saw a figure that seemed to be vaguely familiar. She didn't pay much attention until something clicked and she yanked her head back into the direction of the figure. No, it can't be! She took a few paces towards the person and then froze in her steps, emotion sickness taking over as she knew even less what to do now.
Back to top Go down
Zay
Admin
Zay

Things that I am :
  • SR Salamander
  • Medium Poster
  • Platypus
  • Chatbox Spammer
  • Minion of Monty
  • Underling of Eldar

PostSubject: Re: [Any psychotic ex-boyfriends I should know about?] Prince Meets Princess [You have NO idea!]   [Any psychotic ex-boyfriends I should know about?] Prince Meets Princess [You have NO idea!] - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 24, 2008 3:35 pm

From where he leaned against the wall, he was half sheltered from the rain that drizzled down, the mist of it seemed to follow the crowds of people...It was not cold rain, just saddened rain. The sort that you could really do without, it formed a veil over the plating of his armour, condensing and dripping to the floor. Still, sometimes it was better to be out in the rain than sitting in an inn with nothing to observe or gain. Who knows he might search the wares for himself. Or at least he would have, if it weren't for the feeling that eyes were laid on him. Not the passing glance of a stranger looking questioningly.
What the heck is /that/ strange man doing?
No, it was another kind, in the corner of his eye a blurry figure had moved closer. It then paused. Pulling away the vision-obscuring black hairs from his eyes, he then looked to his left. And what did he see? His eyes were deep blue and serene, very relaxed, usually. But as he analysed the young woman more something somewhere in his head had awoken and was making him feel a little more uneasy than somebody as free of speech and mind as him should feel. Somebody so confident, was now feeling a touch of awkwardness. But only because of who she was, which he was still trying to guess at, not the fact he was staring at her from his shoulder, eye contact didn't bother him but unlike last time, this was a cold shoulder. He wanted the discomfort to go, and so narrowed his eyes. The brows arching and casting "Her" whoever she was a glare of sorts.

What do you want? /Who the hell are you?/ This was the raw and ugly truth, he had no time for sympathies, apologies had no place with him. He now recognized as much that she was the one from a week ago or so, the young woman in the mountain forest. Even the fact he'd left her alone, bare and in a souless forest where who-knows-what type of monster could have emerged, didn't even pull a string in the guilt lyre. Briefly the images floated back to him, and the scene of last week ---the atmosphere repieced itself together in his mind. That moment had been alive and so exciting, but that was in the past and now it seemed so...weak.
Just like how he felt about her, she already had been discarded by him in fact. It was just an annoyance that she of all the people he'd left on the shelf happened to actually be standing there thinking of only god knows what.
Ugh, now he would have to get rid of her all over again.
Back to top Go down
Eldarwen
Admin
Eldarwen

Things that I am :
  • Alarmingly Excellent
  • Minion of Monty
  • Thrall of Zay

PostSubject: Re: [Any psychotic ex-boyfriends I should know about?] Prince Meets Princess [You have NO idea!]   [Any psychotic ex-boyfriends I should know about?] Prince Meets Princess [You have NO idea!] - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 27, 2008 2:59 pm

Everything around her started to blur, to obscure in the darkness of her arising thoughts. Revenge! It was the only thing she could think of, getting retribution for the pain he had caused her, the humiliation and shame. He will pay for what he has done to me! She cringed as a sensation took over, a sensation as if a dark hand were closing itself around her heart, stars shimmering in front of her eyes as she thought she would lose consciousness. She wanted to.... make him feel what she had felt, make him suffer the way she had. The idea of having of his blood on her hands, on her lips was thrilling beyond belief, causing her body to tremble in anticipation and for a moment, she looked at him with such hatred in her eyes, body tensed like steel, as if she were to jump at him right there, right then and kill him on the spot.
And then the moment passed.

Selene was frightened, unsure of what had happened to her within those few brief seconds. Of course she had suffered, but not to such an extent. Of course it hurt when you fell for someone you thought could be the love of your life only to discover afterwards that you had only been used in the heat of the moment. Yes, it all did hurt but it was nothing you would not manage to get over after a while. Heck, life moved on, so did people. She couldn't follow her own train of thoughts anymore sometimes and it made her worry, worry about her sanity, but she would never dare to tell anyone about this. Everybody would think she was losing it completely, which wouldn't even be considered as a big surprise considering her whole situation and what had happened to her family - something she still had not completely digested but at least she had been preoccupied with worrying about other things for the past few days.

Rain drops were dripping down from the tip of her nose, sliding from her hair and finding their way under her clothes, drenching her all the way to her skin. The shirt she was wearing luckily was of a dark brown colour, at least somehow protecting her despite it sticking to her, otherwise the complete landscape of her upper body would have been free for any one to view by as if there were no shirt at all. Her heart was beating fast and deep down inside the excitement she had felt in the mountains was trying to wallow up again, the urge to be close to him, to feel his body against hers. The memory made her blush slightly, the heat rising in her cheeks, yet she was angry at the way he was looking at her. Does he not remember me at all? Have I not been at least a tiny bit memorable, even to someone like him? Pursing her lips and narrowing her eyes, she stared back, challenging him in a way, daring him to keep ignoring who she was. As she was now reckoning, considering the questioning glance he was offering her, she had not been the first he had lightly discarded after having gotten, or taken?, what he wanted.

Then she took a deep breath, still not averting her eyes from him, and decided that something needed to be done. So, she picked up her feet and slowly moved closer to him, fully aware of the fact that wet cloth was stuck to her skin, highlighting every single curve she had. Her chest was heaving and lowering rapidly as her breath came quicker, the closer she came to him, unsure of what would happen and unsure of what she actually wanted to do. Halting again, only two arm breadth away from him, she couldn't help but let her eyes wander over him instead of holding upright the look she had given him. She wasn't sure whether she should be, or could be angry at him any longer. Her voice was breaking before she could completely utter the first word, so she cleared her throat, embarrassed, before stating the obvious, slowly back up to his eyes: "I didn't think I'd ever see you again.."
Back to top Go down
Zay
Admin
Zay

Things that I am :
  • SR Salamander
  • Medium Poster
  • Platypus
  • Chatbox Spammer
  • Minion of Monty
  • Underling of Eldar

PostSubject: Re: [Any psychotic ex-boyfriends I should know about?] Prince Meets Princess [You have NO idea!]   [Any psychotic ex-boyfriends I should know about?] Prince Meets Princess [You have NO idea!] - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 27, 2008 5:10 pm

As he saw her nearing toward him, he breathed in deeper and held his body upright rather than more relaxed and merely leaning against the wall. A confrontation is what she seemed to be after then that's what she'd get, though he hadn't seen her in this light yet, ---then again the only light he had seen her in was a rather distorted one-- her face and movement seemed deadly serious and he could just feel the waves of angst approaching him with every step, though as she came forth her hatred seemed to be a passing feeling and she seemed to soften if only a little. Now he was beginning to think, how could he shake this annoying pest (with rather fetching curves) away from him?
Hmm do I want to do a thing like that anyway...she doesn't look so mad anymore?

He cleared his throat, mentally throwing away that thought, it'd be immensely foolish to re-enact the scenes of a week ago. He'd never be rid of her if he did that and the damage it'd do to his image, to his pride.
All while these thoughts paraded through his head his face never changed as he looked her over sharply.
Well this felt quite familiar However he made a point of not moving an inch closer to her, to keep the stone like barrier between them. His stare was such that he was looking down on her, it was chilling, even if the rain hadn't already done that, like it was judging her as completely inferior, merely like chaff on the wind.

He then looked away from her before she had begun to speak, appearing to resume his original stance, then as the words parted from her lips he closed his eyes and sighed with exasperation, exasperated by her showing up.
Arms folded he then spoke, not even paying the respect to look at her, simply staying as he was, the words uttered callously.
"Likewise, and here's an idea, let's leave it that way." He then stood up and turned his back on her, he'd be doing his hardest to push her away if she didn't take this hint now, and if she didn't take it he'd have to resort to injuring her emotionally in some shape or form, that often did the trick he found. Ha this Selene, she seemed like the sort of weak character he assumed her on first glance, so just a few crushing words would pack her in and his hands would be washed of her. And for the moment, they hadn't made a spectacle of themselves, another thing best kept. He proceeded walking away from her along the side line of the market, not walking into the market as much as away from her, and it.

And as he went on, he couldn't help but turn his head the slightest amount back toward her direction, it wasn't even to the point of in line with his shoulder, it was an unsure guess. Her image was imprinted firmly in his head, and he wanted to forget her. He knew for sure he didn't have any feelings for her, feelings of those kinds were for the weak such as herself and as far as he knew he’d just at that moment snuffed out the flame for good. No, the imprint was just definitely....enticing?

Enough.
Back to top Go down
Eldarwen
Admin
Eldarwen

Things that I am :
  • Alarmingly Excellent
  • Minion of Monty
  • Thrall of Zay

PostSubject: Re: [Any psychotic ex-boyfriends I should know about?] Prince Meets Princess [You have NO idea!]   [Any psychotic ex-boyfriends I should know about?] Prince Meets Princess [You have NO idea!] - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 27, 2008 6:07 pm

Not very pleased with the fact that he had turned away from her, Selene nevertheless had noticed the look he had given her, a look that had said something slightly different than his behaviour and it was intriguing her. Now that he was not looking at her, she furrowed her eyebrows, trying to figure out how to analyse the situation when his words struck her. And they struck her real hard, like a slap across the face. She should have expected something similar, nevertheless, Selene had momentarily not been prepared for such an icy cold response and it hurt her. A look of despair started to spread across her features and tears were rising up again as he now turned his back to her, walking away.

How was she supposed to cope with this? How was she to handle yet another rejection from his part without having a complete breakdown in the middle of the market place where everybody would see it? Everybody would see what a wuss she was and nobody would even deign to look at her, help her out, let alone give her job, since she seemingly could not even handle being ignore by a mere guy. Head hanging, hair covering her face, she stood there, rooted to the spot, looking at the ground, his feet slowly disappearing out of the perimeter of her view.

Then she came to a conclusion. She was not going to let him get off this easily, despite knowing fully well that she could actually end up physically hurting herself should she go through with this, but she simply had to do what she had to do. When he was almost out of sight already, she followed him, now wishing to confront him more than ever. She could not have been so wrong. Yes, he hated her, but yet he was attracted her and he couldn't deny it. And if he really didn't feel anything at all for her, then she had been very, very wrong in her world view. It was simply impossible to feel this close to someone without there being even the tiniest spark of affection from both sides, she didn't believe it. However, she was in need to find out.

Selene wasn't sure whether he had noticed her coming after him or not, but she figured he would have, now that the noise of the market was dying down, the further they moved away from it. They were encountering less and less people. Soon would be the moment of truth. If he really, honestly did not care, then she would leave him be, but if he didn't, then he owed her a well-deserved explanation, which she wanted. Deep down inside, something was telling her that she was kidding herself but she didn't listen to her subconscious. The only thing that was really prominent was her body confiding her the need to be close to him. After all..... Her heart was still pounding, her breath rapid and hard on her lungs but now she was close, she could almost imagine sensing the heat from his body.

"Wait," she whispered, almost inaudibly, but she was sure he had heard her. Without awaiting a response or any other reaction, she moved closer, leaning against his back, left hand on his hip, the other caressing his right arm, the only easily accessible part of his skin. "Why do you want to hurt me so badly? Why do you deny the attraction you know is there?" she said in a husky voice, slowly sliding along his back, only to suddenly withdraw and walk away from him.
Back to top Go down
Zay
Admin
Zay

Things that I am :
  • SR Salamander
  • Medium Poster
  • Platypus
  • Chatbox Spammer
  • Minion of Monty
  • Underling of Eldar

PostSubject: Re: [Any psychotic ex-boyfriends I should know about?] Prince Meets Princess [You have NO idea!]   [Any psychotic ex-boyfriends I should know about?] Prince Meets Princess [You have NO idea!] - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 27, 2008 7:42 pm

He had swiftly departed the market, not obviously so, but he knew sure as hell he needed to, there was no mistaking that. There were so many things that set off wary signals in his head. Her nature, the people around them, the tone of her voice, and even more disturbing, what he'd do or say, if there was something he had to do though, it was what he was well versed in doing already, leaving others to fall behind in the dust. Burning bridges, they called it? He walked purposefully through the streets already erasing her, or trying to. She was a strange one, the first he'd actually re-encountered, and there was no doubt she had presented a challenge to him, she actually was going to try this business on?

But as he was beginning to put this behind him and the noise of the market dissolved away, the clear sound of footsteps followed him, they even echoed, even though that was probably only his imagination...They struck with clarity and definiteness. It was becoming more complicated with every corner he turned about how to describe where he stood with her. He didn't hate her, or did he? She seemed to be picking up her own agenda and was now
persisting with him, when in reality he believed he should command absolute obedience and take no questions from anybody...But it was her. She was following him, wasn't she? He couldn't look back to check though, he didn't want to meet her eyes, risk getting tangled. Especially if this secret got around this town, he'd be pretty sure this could in fact destroy his reputation, and with that look she seemed like she might just do that. That was simply not allowable!

He could hear them getting closer and he felt a bout of anger flow through him...Her voice was like a chiming of pain that suddenly entered his ears, unwelcomed. Wait? Yes. He shouldn't have, but all at once he froze, and when he felt the contact of her hand against his arm a shiver ran through him...Unpleasantly too. He didn't appear to move a muscle as she spoke though, as if paralyzed, it'd look that way. But then he suddenly felt even angrier, that she'd made him think so irrationally and for that tiny moment, actual be more vulnerable....

Then he turned on the spot without warning at frightening speed, pushing her arms away from him before then thrusting his hand out and holding her neck tight in his grip, he needed to feel stronger again, nobody was going to make a fool of him. He held her like that for a few moments a maddening look in his eyes, he felt the need of violence fire in him for a moment, and he knew if he wanted he could have ended her ---if he so wished, and there was a strange comfort in knowing that he could, again, should he choose to. He felt the natural body's reflex to take a gasp of air being restrained under his iron hand. He gritted his teeth, and spoke.

"If you know what's good for you you'll leave me alone." Then the strange anger passed, feeling to an extent he felt like how he was used to again, he relaxed his hand from her neck and it then stroked under her jaw line before then holding her chin up with the tip of two of his fingers. Just knowing he could manipulate would suffice him, even such a simple gesture as this pleased him in a twisted way, and a strange smile took shape, a sickened smile of satisfaction in treating a person like this, it all seemed just to be a ploy for reassuring himself, that he had more physical power (as far as force went) than her and he wanted her to remember that. He silently examined her face holding her head tilted by him, before withdrawing his hand, the fingers released from the position and very vaguely kissed the skin of her neck before resting back with him, arms folded again, serpentine eyes waiting.
Back to top Go down
Eldarwen
Admin
Eldarwen

Things that I am :
  • Alarmingly Excellent
  • Minion of Monty
  • Thrall of Zay

PostSubject: Re: [Any psychotic ex-boyfriends I should know about?] Prince Meets Princess [You have NO idea!]   [Any psychotic ex-boyfriends I should know about?] Prince Meets Princess [You have NO idea!] - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 28, 2008 12:36 pm

In a way, she should have expected a reaction slightly out of the ordinary in her world, though for a tough guy like him, this was probably the natural way of reacting to something that did not quite fit his own intentions. Nevertheless, she was completely unaware of the intensity of the consequences she would have to deal with and thus, she was utterly taken aback when he suddenly swirled around and grabbed a hold of her neck before she had even made two steps away from him. It was not quite what she had intended. In her mind, it had been something along the lines of him coming after her, taking her up into his arms and kissing her passionately, though that had been a fantasy without any basis in reality whatsoever. At least, she had not fooled herself as much by drifting off into romantic visions of him declaring his eternal love for her.

As a matter of fact, reality was very different. Selene gasped in shock, her eyes widening in terror, as his hand clasped harder and harder, closing in on her throat. Playing cat and mouse games was dangerous, she realised, especially since one could happen to become the mouse rather than the cat much too quickly. The look in his eyes was frightening and for a brief moment, she was afraid he was actually going to physically kill her, not only pushing her to the brink of an emotional death. Swallowing was painful, near impossible with the tight grip he held, and she dug her nails into his hands in a desperate, but vain, attempt to loosen his fingers. There was no need to struggle, she suddenly realised, she would not have the strength to fight him anymore than a bird could fight its way out of the paws of a lion. Loosening the grip she had on his wrist, she let her arms drop in a gesture of defeat. She was trapped, utterly trapped and completely at his mercy.
And in a very dark and twisted way, this was almost appealing to her.

Many thoughts were rushing through her head, fear not being one of them anymore. His words washed over her body without leaving any kind of impression whatsoever. He cannot kill me... The thought was intoxicating, building up her self-esteem and her strength again, both of which had been crushed by his sudden attack. His fingers brushing against her skin, caressing her face brought back memories she had tried to push back into the deepest corners of her mind and she could only just restrain herself to sigh. No, she would not give him that satisfaction on top of the knowledge that she knew that she was his absolute inferior. She closed her eyes, biting her lower lip, willing herself not to give in, not to touch his hand, not to bring her lips close to his skin. What is he waiting for? she was wondering as his eyes kept observing her, while his whole body language seemed to tell her that he was waiting for her next move. Why is he not walking away again? Now that he had made his point clear? Selene didn't quite understand what he was playing at but it was beginning to infuriate her. Slowly but steadily, all the repressed anger came crawling back. She wanted to slap him, to kick him, but knew that it would be no good.

Staring into his oh so fascinating blue eyes, she couldn't hold back anymore. They were not a peaceful blue ocean inviting her to drown in, on the contrary, they somehow now reminded her of the fact that she needed to fight, fight for her dignity or whatever it was that she thought she needed to protect. "Who do you take yourself for? That you think you can simply use people like you see fit without any consideration of the damage you're leaving behind!" While speaking it suddenly hit her that she was not proving anything to him but that she was simply enforcing the aftermath of what he had said, providing him with even more of the satisfaction he seemed to long for. Her back straightened and her muscles were relaxing from the tensed position she had kept since he had threatened her. Before he could open his mouth to reply, she looked away, as if ignoring him, and her tone of voice changed from the wimpy little girly voice to a deeper, darker tone: "You are pathetic. You are not the warrior you think you are. You are lying to yourself, deceiving yourself, believing only what you make yourself believe without any consideration of reality whatsoever. I pity you." She spat out the last words, provoking him on purpose. She would have to pay, but she didn't care anymore. Should he now move away from his previous feelings, should he now be able to kill her, so be it. She wouldn't be sorry. Turning back towards him, the expression on her face said the same, she didn't care what he would do to her. She had shed the inferiority feeling and was now his equal, careless, emotionless and invulnerable.
Back to top Go down
Zay
Admin
Zay

Things that I am :
  • SR Salamander
  • Medium Poster
  • Platypus
  • Chatbox Spammer
  • Minion of Monty
  • Underling of Eldar

PostSubject: Re: [Any psychotic ex-boyfriends I should know about?] Prince Meets Princess [You have NO idea!]   [Any psychotic ex-boyfriends I should know about?] Prince Meets Princess [You have NO idea!] - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 28, 2008 4:01 pm

The gasps and expression of pure shock had enthralled him, and calmed him for the moments worth in time, but what he had waited for was basically the acknowledgement of defeat in words, the appraisal to his power or for her to have walked away right then. None of which actually came forward as soon as he hoped, rather she fought back.
How is this possible? he wondered, How dare she-even try And even though her words clarified him in a nutshell and in a way this pushed him on a higher pedastal, nothing could have prepared him for the words she spat afterwords. He had made a mental note of not killing her, that would be too obvious, not to mention a waste and an unfulfilling end. Knowing he could was pleasing, but she seemed almost like she had a kind of deathwish. Maybe, maybe. Her words were sharp as his, of course, he'd never admit this to himself nor would he allow himself to be affected by them. What did she know? She was a woman, a lowly village girl, and a complete pest.

Pest was a bit of a light term now though, now she was more like a rat, she seemed to be everywhere in his head provoking him, she fought back and he still wanted her gone. When the actual words were said though his lips parted in disbelief, as if immediately wanting to retaliate. She was wrong, horrifyingly wrong and rising to a higher position than she deserved! He cursed her all sorts in his mind, but said nothing, the look on his face would have said it all, like much of the time they had been in contact--it was the expression and the things that went unsaid that often counted, and he knew now she was doing all this on purpose. As he lowered his head slightly, his glare of disgust was emphasized. If he had been a snake, this would have been the point when it raised itself up, baring it's fangs and hissing. Threatening it's viciousness.

Despite his knowing on her attack against him with her words, he still felt entitled to speak back against it, to defend himself and take the bait she was setting out. And unfortunate for him he inclined himself just that way, he couldn't merely take that kind of speech from somebody like her, he growled shifting his position feeling the affects of anger take hold even more. The higher blood pressure, the sudden tingling as the senses sharpened and overall, that urge to tear something up because you felt like you wanted to, therefore you could.
Despite this he didn't even know where to begin with her as she turned back to him. What would he do? What could he say? She'd caught him on an offguard moment so he was not ready with a comeback or a plan. He hadn't planned any of this, it simply didn't happen. Realising up to this point he'd been inactive while he just stood gormlessly from her comments, now he'd act.

He was now well aware his breathing was heavier -she had frustrated him enough- as he then lunged forward again, still unsure of what he was to do---both hands held strongly on her shoulders, directly forward so there was at least a full arm length between them, once again forcing her backward with them, right now some angerful and appropriate words would have helped, but they effortlessly evaded him. The rain continued to fall but he felt no cooling off from it. He didn't know what to do---he was left staring at her with nothing to say, but he breathed out loudly, as if letting go of the anger and the faintest smile took shape. But he then moved his right arm from the deadlock softly, fingers tracing over her features, around the eyes and her nose, over her cheeks. He whispered much more calmly, actually drawing himself closer to her "You..." The motion, almost kiss-like.

But of course, the tone changed in an instant as his hand then took a fast turn to the back of her head and devilishly gripped tight around her hair like claws and pulled her head back with her hair tightly, and he cruelly snarled making sure to inflict a measure of pain with his move. "...You filthy rat!" He snarled with a gaze of rage toward her as he held her fast. Her words playing back over his mind. He then put his other hand over her eyes firmly, all in the name of saving his reputation he would do this. Whispering again into her ear while she was blinded "...So my defiled maiden, what is your name?" He obviously quite enjoyed this power he was exerting, it would seem he was the one fully in control...Seem. But of course, this gesture was to lead somewhere, unsure for now but he felt he had to try and disable her or at least put enough fear into her, to justify himself to himself and her that he was not /pitiful/.
Back to top Go down
Eldarwen
Admin
Eldarwen

Things that I am :
  • Alarmingly Excellent
  • Minion of Monty
  • Thrall of Zay

PostSubject: Re: [Any psychotic ex-boyfriends I should know about?] Prince Meets Princess [You have NO idea!]   [Any psychotic ex-boyfriends I should know about?] Prince Meets Princess [You have NO idea!] - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 28, 2008 5:44 pm

The inner fight he was going through did not escape Selene's observing eyes. The torture, the hatred were written all across his face, leaving no room for any doubt. She seemed to have struck a nerve, more so than she had thought or hoped for. A smile of satisfaction would have crossed her face had she already been passed the not-caring moment, however, for the time being, she simply registered the fact that she had earned the aimed for reaction with the same expressionless face. Inwardly, she braced herself for what was about to come for she knew, no matter how it would seem at first, he would not go easy on her anymore. That much she had learned in the short time they knew each other. She watched the now more forceful heaving and lowering of his chest, noticing that he was not as calm as he pretended to be. She couldn't help but wonder how he would react as he was just as unpredictable as a wild animal. Despite the fact that she could tickle his nerves to more of an extent than she could have hoped for, it did not mean that she could bet on a certain reaction. She would have to improvise. Just be strong!

Nevertheless, when his hands reached forward, holding her and stroking her anew, she wavered a little. His touch was electrifying. Only barely could she restrain herself from closing her eyes in a moment of indulgence, but then she couldn't resist anymore. Her eyes closed as he leaned in and she slightly parted her lips as if anticipating a kiss she should have well known was not going to come. The sudden backwards pull came as more of a surprise than she had wanted and yet again, she sharply sucked in her breath. Instinctively, her left hand shot up and gripped his hand in a gesture to try and loosen his grip. She pressed her eyes closed, waiting for him to strike her. But the hit never came. The moment of weakness passed and Selene opened her eyes again, with a curious spark in them, but soon after he put her hand over her eyes in order to blindfold her for what was to come. A shiver ran through her body as his touch persisted, despite the fact that it was a threatening one.

Since her right hand was not constrained, she reached up to retrace his neckline, lightly brushing against his body. In a sweet, seducing voice, she asked, while inching that little bit closer, the tiny bit of space he had left her for movement: "Do you not want to look me in the eye when talking to me? I've come to realise you are not quite the person I thought you were, but I didn't think you were a coward.." She let the words sink in for a few seconds before imitating his quick movements, and imprinting her fingernails on his cheek, leaving a mark that would remind him of her for quite a while. She didn't even try to release her hair from his tight grip but she was not going to do nothing at all. If only she could use her feet, but there was not much she could do as he was in full armour as usual.

As his words resounded in her ear, she laughed out loud, sharp, piercing and hurtful. "Why do you so suddenly want to know my name? I am nothing to you, like everyone else you ever knew in your life. Nobody is important to you. That is why you are alone. Always alone. Nobody cares for you." She didn't know where she took the strength and the courage from to reply to him in this manner, but she felt like she had to do it. It didn't give her much satisfaction as such to try and hurt him, but she needed to do it for herself, to appease her consciousness. Rain drops were openly splashing upon her heated face, as her head was still bent backwards, tracing the form of his hand of whose touch she was still very aware, cooling her a little, enabling her to clear her thoughts, if only just a tad. She needed a way to escape his deadlock, soon, if he was not going to release her by himself.
Back to top Go down
Zay
Admin
Zay

Things that I am :
  • SR Salamander
  • Medium Poster
  • Platypus
  • Chatbox Spammer
  • Minion of Monty
  • Underling of Eldar

PostSubject: Re: [Any psychotic ex-boyfriends I should know about?] Prince Meets Princess [You have NO idea!]   [Any psychotic ex-boyfriends I should know about?] Prince Meets Princess [You have NO idea!] - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 30, 2008 7:56 pm

He was thinking, what was he to do with her now? Well just walking away was not possible now, he had to put out the threat she posed first, and now she was feistier than ever, she was being as aggravating as possible. No matter, he was sure he could fix her as he wanted. He yet again didn't expect quite what she was going to say, surely he thought that his action would have shut her up but no, it didn't, and rather she chose to speak even more! Here words were like poisoned nectar, sweet and charm-like in the way she spoke, very captivating, but the actual words...Were like being stabbed all over with needles, worsening, painful. As her fingers crawled up his neck, with both arms used to restrain the rest of her body there was little he could do, and so a gash like the claws of a cat dragged down his right cheek leaving four razor red lines painted on him. An indistinguishable trace of sweat was forming on his forehead, the stress of her for one thing getting him annoyed and then her nails.

She was quite badly messing with him, he knew it, and he had let himself get into this in the first place, he had to compose himself...It was unusual he'd do stupid things such as this. Well there was a first time for everything he figured. Zartear looked back down at her face and an idea began to arise, she would be somewhat less keen to blab if she had a good incentive not to. As of now though he seemed for some odd reason to be having no affect at all on her, he didn’t like this needless to say. Now all he needed to think of was a suitable blackmail mechanism, those often worked very well…And if she still didn’t keep her mouth shut, well….He’d get to that later. (When he thought of something)
Well in this age, he might claim some disproportionately huge claim about her, she was a witch or demon, he would even have claimed on her purity, had he not been her accomplice.

She was endangering his reputation, and after what he'd done so far to her well that might only make matters worse if her lips slipped, she seemed like the type that might exaggerate just to pour salt in a wound. It was bad enough not everybody trusted him, plenty hated him already, but if they knew these things he'd be seen as most likely a demon or some other creature of darkness and be killed.

All because of her and her ferocious tongue. She still hadn't told him her name, which he'd certainly need. Then it stabbed yet again, alone, alone, alone was what she was jabbering on about. Now he had partially shut off to it, he kind of guessed she'd be bitter now, she didn't understand him anyway. What would she know about anything...he knew getting entangled with others always caused trouble; she'd caused him enough to prove it, but he couldn't find the words to justify his point to her and so he remained silent choosing to re-focus on his ideas. And so he began to walk down a darker even narrower street keeping a firm hold on her hair and hand over her eyes, this area appeared very quiet, practically silent, and hopefully that meant no people too. The rain still poured down but he was partially sheltered from the large buildings he was standing between, but it was cold and dampened making for a particularly uncomfortable place.

He wondered now how he'd make her talk, nothing he could think of, persistence would probably be the key.
But in a moment of weakness as he pulled his hands away from her hair and just as he was lifting his other hand from her eyes he glanced back at her face again, and overwhelming sensation overcame him and he gestured to kiss her, from the side at least---then paused---what was he doing?
His thoughts must have been scrambled, and then realizing he must have been inches from her face with no real back-up reason he just turned his face to a mild look of anger. To disguise that. Ugh, what was that for anyway?

Then straightening him self up and letting go of her completely, he began to speak, with sanity in his voice for once.
"Well you will give me your name, because there isn't another choice...and you'll also tell me..." He put his left hand under his chin and looked questioningly at her. "And why you even bothered to followed me because I want us to be..." He rested his right hand on her shoulder then continued, he knew exactly the answer but now he wanted to make /her/ feel discomforted- "Crystal clear."
Back to top Go down
Eldarwen
Admin
Eldarwen

Things that I am :
  • Alarmingly Excellent
  • Minion of Monty
  • Thrall of Zay

PostSubject: Re: [Any psychotic ex-boyfriends I should know about?] Prince Meets Princess [You have NO idea!]   [Any psychotic ex-boyfriends I should know about?] Prince Meets Princess [You have NO idea!] - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 01, 2009 2:46 pm

Her heart was pounding as she was anxiously awaiting his reaction, slowly beginning to fear that this time she might actually have gone too far. But no matter, she had had to do this for her own sake, out of purely selfish motives. In the end, she was wondering whether she had actually cared about what he really felt or whether she had only wanted to make herself feel better. Now that she had achieved to draw him out, she might just as well drop the whole thing, either try to kiss him - maybe more? - one last time, probably, or simply turn around and walk away without one more word.

However, when he started to drag her further into the maze of the dark alleys, she knew he was not going to simply let her walk away. It felt weird, letting him guide her as she was unaware of her surroundings, could not see where she was putting her feet. It was almost like an exercise of trust, though she was sure that was very far from what he intended to do. He was probably trying to frighten her, but if she were really scared of him taking control over her body, so much would not have happened last week, leading up to the logical consequence that they would not be in this pickle now either. What is he planning? What is he going to do? Selene wasn't even too nervous about the fact that he was more and more leading her away from people, but she couldn't help the fact that her heart was starting to beat quicker again. The noises of the market had practically died down completely, only isolated louder cries every once in a while that were nevertheless muffled by the rain and all the buildings in between.

As his hand lifted from her eyes, she blinked several times, having gotten used to the darkness underneath it. The question what would happened had not only formed in her mind over and over again but was also displayed without disguise in her eyes. He was close, very close, she suddenly realised and she held her breath, unsure of whether he was toying with her or whether he was really going to kiss her. The fact that they were completely on their own, in a dark alley where they would most likely not be disturbed brought back again flashes from the forest, images of how he had so passionately kissed her, how it had made her feel. A shiver went through her body, which he would almost certainly had noticed as his hand was still resting on her. But as he stood up quickly, she realised it had only been wishful thinking. The coldness about him was back within an instant as if this little moment had never happened.

Imitating his body language, she stood up, back straightened, letting her eyes glide over his body, his face, in an attempt to figure out his next move. She was wavering as he started talking. Is he really, /really/ interested in why? Or is it simply an expression? Trying to get her to confess so he could mock her, use her? She couldn't be sure... there was no way of knowing, his face was clouded, not giving away his intentions, but that they were not going to be good for her, that was crystal clear - as he had just so nicely stated. She wanted to be clear as well, though she knew that both of them were thinking about different aspects of the whole situation that they wanted to be clear on. Discomfort was spreading within her and she hesitated. She didn't want to give him her name, though she could not have explained why. She simply felt that it was a bad idea. "I ... I... no." Without knowing what the no was for, she simply left it hovering in the air between them for a while, without adding anything further. Instincts were slowly taking over and she wanted to run, run away as quickly and as far as possible. Something about his way had the manner of a beast stalking its prey and she did not feel like being hunted, despite knowing that she had brought this upon herself.

Scared was what she was. He had finally achieved what he had wanted, but she would never admit it in words. However, although he was the one making her afraid, she wanted to be close to him, she wanted to cuddle up to him, she wanted him to protect her from anything that could hurt her. Though paradoxically that would mean he would have to protect her from himself. What is going on with me? Confusion was written in her eyes, the panicky confusion of a mouse that knew it was trapped. It seemed like she almost blacked out for a second, the sheer indecision raging inside her making her lose consciousness as she was frantically trying to find a way out. She wavered, gripping the arm resting on her shoulder tightly to steady herself so as to keep her from falling. Looking up at him, with tears in her eyes now, she replied: "You should know why I followed you, I shouldn't have to tell you." And then she couldn't hold up anymore, still holding on to him, her legs gave way and she fell, openly crying now.
Back to top Go down
Zay
Admin
Zay

Things that I am :
  • SR Salamander
  • Medium Poster
  • Platypus
  • Chatbox Spammer
  • Minion of Monty
  • Underling of Eldar

PostSubject: Re: [Any psychotic ex-boyfriends I should know about?] Prince Meets Princess [You have NO idea!]   [Any psychotic ex-boyfriends I should know about?] Prince Meets Princess [You have NO idea!] - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 07, 2009 10:30 pm

Thinking back to how things had gone up to this point, everything had pretty much worked his way with the occassional hiccup...But still his nature was never satisfied, he felt he needed and wanted to do more, he could see it now overwhelming her which made him pleased and to a degree fulfilled, but it was never enough. There was always a void, or a creature, that was demanding more and more, him merely being able to crumble her was no kind of an achievement. It all felt done-before, he now wanted to push her further. Firstly because she actually had challenged him in such a way, and secondly, it'd be a way to make sure her tongue didn't stray...

In many senses Zartear wanted to and enjoyed being a controller, it was something he had become. You could flip this into a different perspective and say he was a slave for his own desires, and that he languished without his measure of force...That when another who could rival his strength came forward that it disturbed him, like it was a fully foreign concept, even a frightening one. There was comfort in being able to make sure the people that surrounding you were incapable of free will, were in effect- Neutralized and feeling hopeless. She had made him feel out of his comfort, so, he was going to neutralize /her/.

Then he listened carefully as she faltered on her words, was this doubt, was she actually going to deny him what he had specifically commanded that she give him?. Ha, maybe so, though he wasn't yet to try again, there was clearly no point as her hand gripped around his lower arm tightly before her legs gave way underneath her, he sharply pulled his arm away leaving her to fall on the ground, she was obviously broken already. But just to be one hundred percent sure that she couldn't turn on him he then took her moment of weakness to his advantage, stabbing her again with his words.

"Look at you. So helpless and pathetic..." He circled her slumped figure slowly in the rain, looking down on her the arrogant mask frozen on his face, not a sign of the slightest sympathy softening his disposition. "If I didn't know any better I'd start second guessing myself, why for the wide world someone as weak minded as you interested me... Then again." He squated down to her level and saw eye to eye with her, his voice taking a few tones lower, almost trying to torment her..."You had your, other uses." He purred, a sinister smile briefly took form, she knew exactly what he was thinking and he knew that too, all the more a ploy to provoke pain. But then it changed back yet again to the expressionless form, as if cutting the memory away from her. To detach her as far as possible...

"You will never mention me in a breath ever again,-some of us have actually built up good reputations you see, we can't have poor and wasteful creatures destroying them- and so I won't be forced to have you slain, if you keep your lips sealed. Even somebody so easily lead as you can understand that." He stood back up paying no mind to her bitter tears and pleas that were trying to desperately search for the mercy in him that simply, did not exist. The empathy in him, that "thing" that makes you feel the pain of another being, was dead in him. As dead as the people he created from his endless assaults, verbally and mentally--even physically, sometimes.
As far as he knew, he had expended too much of his potential to sabotage on her. She had been just so easy.
He stood in silence, overlooking her, as if waiting for the affirmative response that would clarify what he had concluded. The haze of all the sounds became apparent again in the silence, the spattering of rain and small traces of echoes, footsteps, silence really was the loudest noise.
Back to top Go down
Eldarwen
Admin
Eldarwen

Things that I am :
  • Alarmingly Excellent
  • Minion of Monty
  • Thrall of Zay

PostSubject: Re: [Any psychotic ex-boyfriends I should know about?] Prince Meets Princess [You have NO idea!]   [Any psychotic ex-boyfriends I should know about?] Prince Meets Princess [You have NO idea!] - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 13, 2009 10:05 pm

The hurt was too much to bare. Suddenly, everything was waving through her mind, her heart again, the pain she had felt, the sadness but despite it all, the longing for him was still strong. It was rattling her emotions upside down, her will to show him what she was made of was slowly ebbing away, leaving an empty space that was now filled with tears. There was no sympathy in his eyes, not even the tiniest spark and it sent a pang through her. She had given away too much now, she was completely in his hands again and knew very well that he would use the situation to his advantage.

Yes, she was pathetic, the way she was on the floor, at his feet like a used toy, a dog that had been thrown out into the dirt and had come crawling but, begging for its master's forgiveness. Silently, tears were streaming down her face, entwining with the rain drops that were now falling down harder as if to punish her for her own weakness. Each of his words felt like he was physically slapping her and he would rip her to shreds within seconds if he continued like this and she didn't at least try to fight back. But what could someone like her do? A little village girl.. naïve to the bone, just like he had said. Useless, maybe with the exception of.... You have to stop thinking about what was! - her mind was screaming to be released out of the prison she had built for it, but she was not yet able to do so. Selene avoided to look into his eyes, even though they were face to face. She couldn't bare his hateful look. It was obvious she had made a mistake by confronting him and she didn't want to be reminded of it yet again by the pool of darkness in front of her features now.

He is right, he is so right. Everybody was right. I am nothing. Pathetic and useless. More tears were wallowing up as she thought about everything her parents had ever told her and everyone else too. Nobody had ever really believed in her. She pushed aside the very few people that might have believed in her, but she couldn't be absolutely certain about whether that was true or not. Either way, it was easier like this. But then suddenly, anger was bubbling inside her. She had defied all the others for thinking badly about her, for not trusting her to be able to make her own decisions and take her life into her own hands. There had been a time where she had wanted to prove to everyone that she was better than that. It was why she had left her home in the first place, why she was now alone in the world without even having been able to say goodbye to her parents.

Finally, she raised her head, taking a deep breath to stop the sobbing a little. The tears were less now and she was slowly able to move her limbs again the way she wanted to. A few heartbeats later, she gathered up her strength to raise herself back onto her feet as she now felt more and more uncomfortable with him being in the obvious superior position by towering over her. It is time to fight back now. It was as simple as that. Why should she take anything of what he had said if she had refused to take any of it from her own parents? In the end, he was nothing to her - as much as she was nothing to him. At least that was what she was telling herself now, worked up as she was. How could she degrade herself like this? Let him trample over her feelings all over again, and this time in person? He had no idea and most of all, he was just as pathetic, and that was exactly what she was going to tell him. How she didn't know and she didn't care as she was not able to think straight anymore, too much was going round in her head.

Looking him over, a shiver went down her spine. How she hated his guts right now for making her feel like a base animal, but at the same time, she still felt attracted to him. It was confusing her and feeding the fire of her temper all the more as she was now working herself up into a frenzy. She wanted to hurt him, physically hurt him. Verbally was now not enough anymore, it would not provide her with the satisfaction she was now desiring. The knuckles on both her hands were turning white through the force with which she was pressing her fingernails into her palms, hurting herself in order to restrain herself but it only increased her rage.

All of a sudden and without previous warning, she jumped at him, with all her force, using the whole weight of her body, slamming him into the wall behind him. Seemed like he had had a good idea after all to bring her into this dark corner - it was small and thus the walls were close together. Her knee scratched along the wall but she didn't care. Her right hand was pushing him into the wall and her left was turning away his face so she didn't have to see his eyes, while she was going for his neck. The closeness of his body, in this moment, was incredibly enticing to her, enveloping her senses in a red fog and she completely lost control, giving in, biting him.
Back to top Go down
Zay
Admin
Zay

Things that I am :
  • SR Salamander
  • Medium Poster
  • Platypus
  • Chatbox Spammer
  • Minion of Monty
  • Underling of Eldar

PostSubject: Re: [Any psychotic ex-boyfriends I should know about?] Prince Meets Princess [You have NO idea!]   [Any psychotic ex-boyfriends I should know about?] Prince Meets Princess [You have NO idea!] - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 02, 2009 8:49 pm

Had Zartear been an animal, he'd be more of a composite...The gazing as strong and yet so still as a tiger's view over it's enemy. His body language as certain and overpowering as a lions stance, and still the blue blood in him held no real life or compassion, pure monstrous cold blood. Now he felt he'd done well; his physical overpowering seemed to have done the very trick, shattering her spirit and keeping his strong. Always that had been the way, in his history it had been the only way...Kill or be killed, dominate or become the slave, take whatever you wished or be left with nothing but the clothes on your back, and those were the rules by which he lived. It had put him in good stead, if you looked in a certain light, and he had everything a person could desire and more even.

But the question was, when at last would justice rise to defend it's name? When would all of this catch up with him...No time soon he knew as much, he was going to further his "preaching" to Selene but then something flashed in his eyes. The anguish spelled out on her face, but also the twitchy like movements of her hands, like a restrainment at the time it hadn't bothered him. But then in such speed it made his vision blur for a second-- she lashed out against him and his body fiercely collided with the wall, his head sharply turned to his right as her hand held him for the moment, his eyes trying to refocus on her and what she was about to do, but the angle was impossible and then no time at all later he felt her teeth sink in and crushingly bite the skin on his neck the pain flashed into him and unreservedly he roared, half for the pain she had bitten him with and half out of his anger toward her. Without another second of delay he twisted his body forcing the arm holding his head away with his right arm, and then joining the move to push her away from him, her teeth tearing away from him with another painful scrape, he looked her in the eye with what through the murkiness would have appeared as a clear- well, shock.

He touched the bitten skin on his neck carefully, -it was still warm- and then it sunk in with a deep poisonous feel. He didn't strike out against her again, his lips parted and he looked deeper, no words to say what he felt. But his wonderment quickly molded to seriousness, his expression looking somewhat aggressive; questions begging answers because an ordinary human did not feel an urge in any kind of a fight to bite another human on the neck. That was only a vampire's instinct...And if she was even part of a-

No, he didn't want to even think about that, a twinge of hatred for her shot through him. He despised all except the pure human race, and now was partly stabbing himself for not having seen this. Was she? It made him want to shout all kinds of curses freely into the air and heck- if she weren't so obviously largely human he would have killed her. He was a slayer after all, and those vampires deserved like any other beast to die however painnfully. All these thoughts quickly rose in intensity and now disgust whelmed in himself for her, it was purely a vile thing for him.
"And you?" He now growled taking his hand away from his neck putting it on her chest, forefingers extended as if to keep her at a distance from him, however small in this tight area. "You...You're not a full human are you?" He hissed, he took a step forward, pushing her back with his hand as he did so. "You are...a..." He couldn't finish it, it had already been affirmed in his mind, there was no point and now his hate was fully formed. His mind was making justifications to kill her, burn her worthless corpse alongside the other witchers and reviled creatures that people hunted. But he couldn't, she was obviously not fully a vampire, she didn't have the fangs, but that bite-- there was no mistaking the dark nature of it.

Shock, shock and a newfound grudge. He pushed her back away from him, his eyes and body language changing completely, alienating her from him as much as possible. She was no longer a human in any shape or form in his mind, she was beyond just a pain or rodent now, lower than that in his eyes. He had been all along the one fooling her and torturing her, but incidently, this unconfirmed discovery made him shake with his own predjudice.
She had hidden it from him, and he should have known,
Although the vampire in her was only comparatively small, for Zartear this was ultimately a major issue...What would he do now?

"I can't believe it..." He mouthed, cocking his head to the side a little, looking her up and down. Words escaped him fully, he wanted her to go, to disappear. This kind of thing would spell the end for his life, literally in some places too.
Back to top Go down
Eldarwen
Admin
Eldarwen

Things that I am :
  • Alarmingly Excellent
  • Minion of Monty
  • Thrall of Zay

PostSubject: Re: [Any psychotic ex-boyfriends I should know about?] Prince Meets Princess [You have NO idea!]   [Any psychotic ex-boyfriends I should know about?] Prince Meets Princess [You have NO idea!] - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Feb 08, 2009 7:31 pm

Even before he could react to her movement, panic was flashing through her, making her shiver, but still she couldn't release her grip. The tender touch of his skin under her teeth, the coolness of it on her lips, even his roar of pain were keeping her locked in the position longer than she actually had wanted to, now that she was seemingly regaining her senses a little. Only when he pushed her away, could she let go - had to let go. The look in his eyes was reflecting what she was feeling in every inch of her body: pure and utter shock. She could not believe what had just happened, what she had just done and she quickly averted his eyes, not wanting to let him know that she was weak again. She had wanted to hurt him, yes, more than anything - repay the kindness, she thought sarcastically. This, however, was like nothing she had ever imagined. Selene simply did not understand what had taken over her body at that precise moment, only that it had been powerful, and, that was the part she was most afraid of, it had felt good. The sensation of power that had been seeping through her body had felt right, like it belonged to her, should be hers to possess and to control. Yet, somehow...

What happened to me? What am I? Am I a monster?? The questions kept floating through her mind and she had no answer. There was no way of knowing what was going on with her. And there was nobody who could tell her now anymore. Her family was dead and couldn't help her understand, couldn't explain why she had felt such a weird and untypical urge. Never before had she heard of any events like this, thus she did not know how to handle this, or herself for that matter. She still felt his eyes upon her, the hatred in them growing ever more. How could she look into his eyes now, how defy him? Or even, going back to her initial intentions, make him regret ever leaving and hurting her like that? She was a monster, how could she expect anyone to like her now?

As his fingers touched her, it was like an electric shock going through her and she jumped back, refusing his touch, even if it was only to make sure that she was staying away from him. There was nothing to fear, she would make sure of that herself, not wanting to give him the opportunity to expose her in public. She did not know what it was that had pushed her to act in such a manner, but she was deadly certain that she would not survive public exposition. Maybe she should plead for him to keep quiet? Or would that be pushing it too far? She knew he was on the brink of killing her now, the hatred and disgust between them could almost be cut with a knife.

Hardly daring to lift her eyes, she looked at him. His features looked tortured and the look in his eyes felt like a slap in the face but she held his gaze, tears almost welling up again, but she managed to hold them back. Somehow, all she could think of now, was that she had lost her chance, she had lost the possibility to ever win him over, now that he could only see the monster in her. Physical attraction would not work anymore, there was no point in even trying. As he moved closer, pushing her backwards, she simply followed the movement, trying to escape his hand once more, the touch of it now almost making her sick. His words were physically hurting her, as they had done so many times before already. She simply looked at him without moving her lips. What was she supposed to say to this? They both knew that what he was saying was the truth. She quite obviously was not fully human, though she did not know herself what she was. The questions were still flowing through her mind, still she could not find the answer.

Her eyes were glancing over his face, lighting up almost hopefully as he started out to express what it was that she seemed to be, but he didn't finish the sentence. As he stopped, she urged him onwards, finally speaking: "Go on. Go on. Say it. Out loud." Not only because she, funnily enough, wanted him to get it out, to make himself feel better, but most certainly also because she wanted to hear it herself. She wanted to know, no matter how painful this knowledge would be to her. It is nevertheless better to know what you are yourself than to live in darkness and ignorance. This, she repeated now like a mantra, wanting to brace herself for what would come.

The sound of a whip cracking next to her ear could not have made her jump more than the changed look on his face now. It was almost scary, the way he was looking her up and down as if she was completely worthless, not even worth the ground she was treading on. Pain was searing through her, again, the amount of it still growing, though she was slowly reaching the point where she thought she could not take anymore. You can't believe it?? she cried out in her head. What am I supposed to say then?! But she again she couldn't bring herself to speak up. Her lips seemed like they were frozen together. The pain was written all over her face, crying out for help, help that was nowhere to be found, especially not in the person standing opposite her.

And then she felt it again.. the urge, this dark urge to hurt him, to feel him struggle in pain. The need to rip into his oh so tender, sweet skin. Stretching her hand towards him, wanting to touch his cheek, regardless of the hatred that was printed all over his features, her lust was creeping up into her eyes, spreading over her face, showing the world her intentions clearly. Then, she abruptly turned on her heel, evading his hand that was wanting to push her away again and took flight. It was better to walk away before she could do any more damage.
Back to top Go down
Zay
Admin
Zay

Things that I am :
  • SR Salamander
  • Medium Poster
  • Platypus
  • Chatbox Spammer
  • Minion of Monty
  • Underling of Eldar

PostSubject: Re: [Any psychotic ex-boyfriends I should know about?] Prince Meets Princess [You have NO idea!]   [Any psychotic ex-boyfriends I should know about?] Prince Meets Princess [You have NO idea!] - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 01, 2009 3:25 pm

Zartear had always tried to keep a passive demeanor in the public towns, even if seemingly unwatched, but this was becoming impossible. It was horrifying that he had let this pass his detection and now almost without the command to do so mentally, was analysing how much time he'd have to finish it up. Which technique to use, the extent of effectivity of weapon, how much pain to inflict before a finishing blow, how to disguise what would ordinarily seem a murder but was in fact a slayer doing his ordinary line of work to rid the world of vermin. So it was a noble cause really, he felt he had perfectly honest reasons and the heated coals were becoming stoked inside to instantly strike with his cold and soundly harmonized power...Draw a blackened magics sword upon her flesh and thus kill her...The choice was simple and easily enact able he only need worry for the several hundreds of people that always seemed to be waiting for a loophole to appear and proceed to the nearest gallows with him in tow, reasons to prove his guilt.

"Deadlockedness" was a frustrating state to be in and he fully managed to avoid listening to her words let alone answer them. Her speech had become something more of a cry of a lower-intelligence beast, nothing but a call of distress, no language weaved into them...Then as she turned as sharply as the encounter had began he did nothing to run after her, to stop her from her flighty run to the streets ahead, the endings of them blurred by the grey, miserable gloom of rain. He held the charred looking stick in his hand and it gradually liquefied into the shape of the shortened form of the tightly wound tri-whip it shifted in his hands in a languid fashion like an awakening snake, the interlocking pieces at times seeming to tense and flare. If it weren't for the fact it was definitely only magic metal you'd be forgiven for believing it to just be a live creature disguised as a weapon. He fondled the anxious magic form in his hands, fingers smoothing it out as it seemed primed for a fight. The aura of dark energy that folded around it seemed to be entreating Zartear for the more "Negative" approach.
Don't let her get away, Kill her, Use me as I were designed to...Please? Now, weapons didn't speak to their keepers, but the voice of temptation drove a hard bargain.

But no, the beast had escaped it's fate for now scars and all, and the predator would have to keep his patience no need to waste further time on a single mouse in a plague of rats.

Part 3------Now Let The Real Fairytale Begin!

As of now things had been going smoothly as they should have, he'd made a few kills on unwanted animals, two of which were dragons if only fairly small and at the end of this he would have his pay only if he obtained the "things" head as he had been told so. This animal was likely to be only a medium sized lizard with dirty, greasy scales, listless eyes and poor movement...That's what it often came down to, not that Zartear was complaining. Easy money was good money. Glory however it came was good, so the occasional freebie was never ill disposed in his opinion. It was only around noon time here, the sun was slightly covered by white wispy clouds on this pleasant day, a lot better than the low tone of only days before…out in the rain on shady streets. He had already set off in the direction of the beast’s lair, which north-west of the city quite a while beyond the outer walls and somewhere nearby –but not up- the mountains. Finally he could get on with his work, then these folks of the city would respect him as he deserved.

For now he’d walk without the weight of armour dragging him down, when it got deeper (and later) on his journey then the protection of magic-metal might be needed. He walked with a certain air of authority now, already focused and on his way this was all going to be a walk in the park…But then there came the sound of footsteps hastily running up from behind, calling to him.
“Slayer Stratos!” The person called again, scroll in his hand and looking quite out of breath. Running from the center of a large city to the very outskirts and 2 miles beyond just in time to find one person could be a taxing run indeed. Zartear eyed him up with a hint of annoyance on being disrupted but the man carried on anyway. “Slayer, I have been sent to give this to you it is that—“ Zartear silenced him with a glare before snatching the scroll away from the messenger pulling apart the wax seal and reading over it quickly.
“Well well, somebody’s trying to bend their agreement…First he wants a single beast of “terrible nature” killed, now he demands I go and retrieve a treasure for him--“ He paused, looking closer to the words.
No he was a slayer, how insulting--- did he think he was incapable of doing this himself!?
It read “You will go to the far outer walls center gate, at a probable 3 miles from the outskirts of the city, there you will meet the woman I’ve chosen to help you obtain the treasure. Your purpose is purely to keep her from death, with her you’ll venture into the distant wood at the southern edge of the mountains, around this location should be both the dragon and treasure you seek.” Firstly, this didn’t even say who this woman was, secondly as far as he cared he shouldn’t even have to defend anybody but himself, why was this fool employing a person that needed to be watched over, and it wasn’t as if she could probably do something he could not.

This was not in his initial agreement, the Lord over the city was breaking what they had decided but unfortunately Zartear couldn’t alter this one, the penalty for refusing this was plainly stated at the bottom of the note…It seemed somebody had been telling tales to the council of elders but he’d deal with that later, his position was a tricky one for now.

Despite that he would be underpaid for his extra efforts, he marched on, the city walls looming up their great secure stone masses growing in size with every step closer, he searched the walls for a person that he might recognize, the large portcullis entry gate like that of a strong castle fort but nothing going in or out and only the guards in their towers.
Back to top Go down
Eldarwen
Admin
Eldarwen

Things that I am :
  • Alarmingly Excellent
  • Minion of Monty
  • Thrall of Zay

PostSubject: Re: [Any psychotic ex-boyfriends I should know about?] Prince Meets Princess [You have NO idea!]   [Any psychotic ex-boyfriends I should know about?] Prince Meets Princess [You have NO idea!] - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed May 06, 2009 6:27 pm

Even though the sky might be filled with fluffy clouds and sun rays, as bright as any summer day could wish for, Selene’s mood was as dark as a deep winter’s night. The harshness of the past few days had crept into her soul, where the events of the last weeks were finally beginning to take their toll. Despite her inner night, she was looking pale and like a lost, young girl in need of protection to the outside, thus contradicting her fierce nature that was seeping through from time to time. Not the best of appearances if you were trying to convince someone to give you a job they thought was too much for you to handle in the first place.

“Listen,” Selene smiled sweetly though with a cold look in her eyes, leaning on the desk and bending over towards the man sitting behind it. “I might not seem like much to you but I can assure you that I can take care of myself. I can complete this job. Without help.” Straightening up again, she crossed her arms in front of her chest, further marking her stubbornness. The last words earned a quick, disdainful glance from her hopefully future employer, who was sitting behind his desk in a chair that seemed slightly too small for a man of his calibre. “Missy,” – a flash of rage was immediately to be seen in Selene’s eyes – “I mean, Miss.. This job requires someone with skills of a very particular kind. You are not that kind. It is as simple as that.” “Do you really think that sneaking a possession from a person is the hardest thing to do in the world?” The man laughed heartily then became deadly serious again. “Look, this is not a game, sweetheart!” This time he was ignoring the angry sparks in her eyes. “There is more to this man than you think. You are new and you have no idea. This is not a beginner’s job. It requires perfection and discretion, none of which you seem to possess,” he added slightly annoyed as he remember the way Selene had waltzed into his office. Admittedly, it had not been a very tactful way of introducing herself, but the guards wouldn’t let her in, judging that she wanted to beg for money or food. Apparently, she was really not making the best of impressions to the exterior world at the moment.

“Fine!” she snarled, “if you really think I am so very incapable, send someone along!” There wasn’t much room left for discussion, she knew. If he was to refuse now, there was hardly anything else she could do. The man looked her over, then, sighing, took out a fresh scroll and started scribbling down something. A quick call sent in a boy who came running into the office, eager to serve his master. Selene was surprised by this as she hadn’t thought that people were happy to work for this man. She wasn’t at least, but it was the only job she would have had a chance at getting, compared to all the slayer work that was requested, something she could definitely not fake her way through. Her now employer opened a little box that was sitting on his desk and took out wax and a seal. After he was done, a small hand gesture sufficed for the boy to come closer and take the scroll from his master’s desk all the while listening closely to the instructions he was given. He was out of the office and on his way as quick as the wind.

“Now, as for you,” he hesitated as he wanted to use a diminishing word again. There was something about this girl that prevented him from provoking her, something he loved doing to his subjects. “You will go to the far outer wall’s centre gate, at a probable 3 miles from the outskirts of the city. There you will meet the man I have chosen to help you obtain the treasure. His purpose will be to protect you – and prevent you from doing anything stupid. The two of you will venture into the distant wood at the southern edge of the mountains. This is approximately the location of the treasure, and the man holding this treasure. Beware, there are more dangers than you might think and not all is what it seems. Be very sure to not underestimate this man!” Selene nodded, trying to conceal her happiness about her success. “Neither is your partner for that matter,” he grunted, shooting her look that said it all. And suddenly, Selene was even less keen on meeting the person he had chosen to accompany her. He did not seem to trust that man, why should she then? Why should she then put her life into his hands? But she knew that she could not shy away anymore. There was only the way forward left for her now.

“Wait! There is one more thing,” he called to her as she was already on her way out the door. “Under no circumstances must you mention the name of this man to your partner in crime, otherwise the whole mission might be endangered. Do you understand?” There was an urgency in his voice, which almost tempted Selene to ask why, though she also felt that it was better not to. So, she simply nodded in agreement and closed the door behind her.

It was a weird feeling, walking through the city's streets, knowing that a huge adventure was awaiting Selene, but she did not what exactly. Most importantly, she did not know who she was going to end up with as a partner. For all she knew, he could have chosen an assassin to simply get rid of her, or someone incapable of even protecting themselves. It had not been a lie, she was sure that she could provide the necessary protection for herself, but now she was beginning to grow very anxious and nervous. Maybe it was herself she needed protection from? Maybe that was what he had implied? Don't be ridiculous, he doesn't know a thing, otherwise he would have had me arrested and/or killed on the spot. Selene scolded herself, a worried wrinkle still splashed out in the middle of her forehead while she positioned herself at the meeting place. It was not very practical to be sitting with the back to the gate, not seeing any people coming up behind her, but she wanted to sit in the sun, let herself be warmed a little, trying to sunbathe the nagging doubts away. Too many thoughts were still circling her mind, over and over again waking her up in the middle of the nights because of bad dreams, causing restlessness during the day. Leaning back on her hands, she sat with her eyes closed, trying to enjoy the sun as much as possible, forcing evil thoughts into the back of her mind, far away and out of reach.
Back to top Go down
Zay
Admin
Zay

Things that I am :
  • SR Salamander
  • Medium Poster
  • Platypus
  • Chatbox Spammer
  • Minion of Monty
  • Underling of Eldar

PostSubject: Re: [Any psychotic ex-boyfriends I should know about?] Prince Meets Princess [You have NO idea!]   [Any psychotic ex-boyfriends I should know about?] Prince Meets Princess [You have NO idea!] - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Aug 08, 2009 5:31 pm

Nothing in sight...getting closer and closer, was this really the place? The picture before him was devoid of life at the gate, haha, maybe his "partner" had thought better of this and just left the job for a more able person to do. Chances are this person was merely a serf that convinced the gullible old man to employ them. A moment of hope sparked in him, great, he wouldn't have to drag along this person with him, great they wouldn't mess this all up and great; he wouldn't have to share his reward. This might turn out nicely after all, he could smell the sums of gold from here, stacked generously and all there for him to take...

Wait, hold on a moment. Zartear as he ever nearer approached the wall and gate swore he saw some movement nearby, already on the other side of the gate, who- what even? No way of telling from here but he could almost feel that carrot of a delicious non-split reward being pulled away with every step. They had evidently disappeared from view behind the wall and now it was only a short time before he'd see what kind of refuse they had chosen for him to embark on this "mission" with. He approached the large iron gridded gate, the guards in their towers looked down on him; they must have been informed- the gate was raised without the care for a question after a brief inspection of his character.
Zartear's expression already looked minorly ticked off, and impatient to see this one as much as he was impatient to just return to the city with the goods and be off with it, his stay hadn't been terrific so far.Then he saw the picture of this person, presented in front, back facing him. It was inconspicuous for the moment, he walked to the right of her and coldly searched her person with his eyes for anything to give him a clue why she was sent...It took of course, only a second or two for his shrewd eyes to recognize this woman- this monster.
"So this is what I get is it?" It took quite a lot of his restraint to keep him from instantaneously wanting to let loose the power of his weapon, but that would be quite a bad move. If this monstrosity (and that's what she was, a creature that shouldn't deserve to breathe, that was even daring to impersonate a human...) really did have something crucial to gaining the whatever-it-was then maybe he'd have to delay her death sentence.

The look on his face was evidently struggling to remain neutral in her presence, cooly he relieved his clenched fist and the slight aggressive arch of his shoulders as he turned to the landscape beyond...There would be patches of wood on the way, this was one of them, though after this particular part- the woodland tumbled off into a deep unwinding valley into the far reaches with oddly placed patches of shade and growth, and beyond that it would ascend again to the mountainous woods they would go to, even a little higher into the pine woods of those southern mountains.
Such a journey, but with this thing to drag along, he wasn't sure how long he could last.
Long enough for the end he hoped, but maybe he could cut her short -or at least lose her- after she had done her part...Returning to the council and the high elder with the unfortunate news that, while he had surely defended her to the best of his ability, when she was out of sight as they were returning, and he was fending off some dastardly outlaws, a savage stealth-dragon had killed her, and dragged her away, leaving no trace.
Well, something to that effect, the old man would surely believe it.

All these plans beginning to emerge so soon, though he may have to adapt them as he went on to discover more of why she was here. Zartear turned his head to his shoulder, out of the corner of his eye espying her.
"You'll do nothing unless I say, you will not have a say in the direction, and you certainly won't be straying off or trying anything foolish...This is my task and truth be told; should only be my gain, you won't question or argue against what I say." He then turned as he looked at her again dead in the eye, so much more he wanted to say, but for now, no.
"Now, let's begin." He gestured as he already began to walk ahead, on what would feel like, possibly the longest journey he'd have to take.
Back to top Go down
Eldarwen
Admin
Eldarwen

Things that I am :
  • Alarmingly Excellent
  • Minion of Monty
  • Thrall of Zay

PostSubject: Re: [Any psychotic ex-boyfriends I should know about?] Prince Meets Princess [You have NO idea!]   [Any psychotic ex-boyfriends I should know about?] Prince Meets Princess [You have NO idea!] - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 09, 2009 4:01 pm

Lost in thoughts, Selene had completely lost track of time and didn't remember how long it had been since she had sat down at the meeting point, whether it had been a couple of moments only or much longer already. The thoughts hadn't kept to the back of her mind for very long before they had overwhelmed her with a surprising force, as if they wanted to be thought now and not later. Over and over again, she replayed the whole job interview, if it could be called that, in her mind, still not seeing the point in having someone else tag along to protect her. She was very well able to take care of herself, or at least that's what she liked telling herself. It was not like she could tap into her ability whenever she wanted to, heck, so far she didn't even know when exactly it would show itself again. Maybe in a few months only. Maybe today. Maybe never. How could she rely on it for sure to help her in her adventure? A shudder ran down her spine when she thought about the consequences it might have when the ability revealed itself in a very incongruous moments. There was no telling what people might do to her when they found out that she was not quite normal. Because, let's face it, I cannot honestly pretend I am fully human anymore. The thought was swirling around her head, and with a sigh she wondered what on earth it was that she was then.

The other thing was this ominous man that was supposed to meet her. And the other mysterious man that she was supposed to steal the treasure from. Why would it be so hard to sneak into his home, steal the treasure and sneak out again? Why did she need the hand of someone she was not even allowed to mention the name to? What crisis would rain down on her if by mistake she did let the name slip? Of course, there was no way of telling, yet, Selene's imagination had already laid out various scenarios, one which presented her partner as the treasure guardian's son. In the other, they were best friends with one having to betray the other, or one already having betrayed the other without the other knowing about it. Maybe the treasure man had been the other's master? Ah, there were just so, so many possibilities... Yet again, curiosity was nagging at her and she had no means to find out the truth except to wait and see what would happen if the two met, which they most likely would. However, some secrets were probably best left buried.

She jerked up from her sitting position as suddenly a voice resounded next to her, exuding with hatred. Before turning towards the owner of the voice, she was trying to regain her composure but already knew that it would be in vain. Hell, this was going to be one trip with him having to come along. Of course it had only taken to hear the words he had spoken to identify the man, only he could have put so much more into this tiny question without speaking it out loud. Finally, she turned to face him, to regard his disdainful eyes that were observing her as if she was a mere insect that needed to be crushed by his boots right this second. And he was supposed to protect her? Her stomach was turning at the thought. He would mostly likely use the first opportunity he could get to feed her to a beast. "Well, well, looks like I'm going to have to watch my back," she said, her voice cold, even though her cheeks were burning hot.

Only moments after he'd reached the meeting point, he was already turning away from her, establishing his rules, wanting to be on their way as quickly as possible. She had no trouble with that whatsoever, she wanted to get this over and done with as rapidly as possible as well to escape his presence. If she could make it out alive that was. How fortunate would it have been, had she picked up the skill of sword fighting in the few days since she had last bumped into him. At least then she could give him a fight before he got what he wanted, which surely was only to kill her. It was a chilling thought and it would quite simply not go away. Night after night, his icy stare and the hate he had expressed had followed her into her dreams, and now her fear might come true.

Trying to shake off those daunting thoughts, she replied: "Oh give me a break. I don't want to steal your leadership away from you. Don't worry, I'll let you lead the way so you can feel superior, but don't even think for a second that this is your job alone. I got it and you were sent along, for dragon knows which reasons, but don't take me for a complete fool." She knew very well that this almost sounded like a threat, and it was an empty one on top of it, but she wanted to speak her mind. It dawned on her that he was probably not going to pull a fast one on her while they were not in the possession of the treasure yet, so she was kind of immune and could say whatever she wanted. See how far she could push him before he reached his limits. A tempting idea, though like a nice little girl she tagged along when he started to move away and followed him, leaving the city behind, wondering what this journey would bring.
Back to top Go down
Zay
Admin
Zay

Things that I am :
  • SR Salamander
  • Medium Poster
  • Platypus
  • Chatbox Spammer
  • Minion of Monty
  • Underling of Eldar

PostSubject: Re: [Any psychotic ex-boyfriends I should know about?] Prince Meets Princess [You have NO idea!]   [Any psychotic ex-boyfriends I should know about?] Prince Meets Princess [You have NO idea!] - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 24, 2010 10:57 pm

OOC| WARNING WARNING Longass replynovel XD

Very few times had Zartear ever been put in this kind of position, actually, maybe none at all quite like this. As he lead the way forward through the light wooded forest he couldn't help but wonder to himself quite how this would pan out after all.
This would surely be the longest time he'd ever have to spend in the immediate proximity of his prey so the time that “it” would happen, it would be hungrily anticipated.

That's what made this unique though; he and it could both see their enemy...It was something of an inevitability in his eyes...He'd be counting the time...They both knew there was only a small number of ways this could go, they also both knew who's hand it appeared to be playing to, for the moment.

The forest out here and the valley that would fall immediately from this were mostly trouble free, the wildlife issues would probably only occur in the later deeper patches of wood as they would begin their mountain climb, but how far would they have to go?
Aaah, the forest. He'd trained his mind so much as a slayer it came easily and fluid to him, the instinctive feel that slipped over what would ordinarily be an un-attuned human body, to a silent and graceful shadow in the wood, his mind almost instantly making the connections. As he moved forward in the woodland he felt the push from his mind to engage the form that followed him, violently, but this feeling clashed with the logic of what he knew.
His state of mind was frustrated but all the time he gave no more hints of his internal pent up anger, to force away any potential mistakes he could make he chose simply to ignore her altogether. Constantly having to remind himself of where they were headed, but his mind just naturally had to elaborate...

...soundless and instant when asleep...just a slice,
...or a swift blow to the head, no mess to be made…
…maybe he didn’t have to hide and could simply lash once with the whip to the neck, then it’d be over in moments.

The whole time had been a silence, save the ambient sounds that fluttered throughout the patchy woodland and meadow areas, but now came the time to rest in the evening. The sky was already drawing in it’s later hours and they were in the deepest part of the valley. It was like a bowl, and the sides had towers of trees lining the edges as if to be strong walls, but the woodland to the north side appeared even thicker and was growing in menace as the light faded away for another day. It would be stupid to venture in dark wild wood at night….when you had an incapable follower that needed preserving.

As was typical of the man that he was, travelling very lightly and only with his weapons he made do with everywhere he went for his survival; this evening and the days to follow would be no different. Almost without any words spoken to “it” he had created their resting space, a simple none-too fancy shelter, a basic fire for roasting the fresh meat of a wild boar he had killed earlier…but not exactly the choicest either…

At first he didn’t acknowledge it, but while turning the boar carcass into what was meant to be roasted he was reminded, by the fresh viscous blood…He briefly cast an eye to her from where he was kneeled preparing it, the redness fully staining his hands and the symbolism was almost enough to force a snigger from his lips, but nothing came forward.

The meat wasn’t fully bled, he didn’t have the time nor patience to for the mere sake of keeping a vampire from possibly turning into it’s altar ego, whether or not that was strong enough in her he wasn’t sure. Nothing he couldn’t deal with though, probably. Of course…It might not even be the stuff of animals that triggered this ones senses.
After preparing it over the fire with the clear vista of the golden orange sky of evening above him, he stayed seated on the floor, watching the meat as it settled over the flicker of fire.

The dark hadn’t taken over yet, it was a strange mix…a splash of coolness with the late sun…

Then looked up from it, and his face changed, now to a look of fierce question; he had time to take now…so he would find out.
“So what exactly is this “special ability” of yours that is going to help us so much? Don’t act foolishly, surely you’d know or you wouldn’t even have taken that offer…” Or what he more or less hoped to find; how could he work around it, was there a way to coax this from her? He slightly tilted his head to one side, “And for the good of us both…Tell me everything that idiot said to you…Those people only take care of themselves you know. But it doesn’t mean they hold any more advantage over what happens.”
He paused then smirked…
“Who knows, I might not have to kill you if I know the full truth.”
A tremor of thought grumbled in the back of his mind,
But you’re a vampire…So you have the recklessness of an animal the feebleness of a woman and…you’re still just another target no matter what you say.

Last edited by Zay on Sun Mar 21, 2010 4:19 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Eldarwen
Admin
Eldarwen

Things that I am :
  • Alarmingly Excellent
  • Minion of Monty
  • Thrall of Zay

PostSubject: Re: [Any psychotic ex-boyfriends I should know about?] Prince Meets Princess [You have NO idea!]   [Any psychotic ex-boyfriends I should know about?] Prince Meets Princess [You have NO idea!] - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 08, 2010 9:34 pm

As they began their march into the wilderness, Selene couldn’t help but again let her mind wander, reflecting on everything that had happened since the fire up until this moment. How could it be that she had to spend her time with a guy that hated her guts, probably more than anyone else’s, and why did she have to be dependent on him now?! Yes, yes, she was inexperienced and she was a little girl that was easy to overcome, but that cannot be the only reason why they had to choose him out of all the people to come along with her, right?

A loud crack scattered her thoughts and her cheeks began to burn furiously as heat began to rise. Without even needing to look up, she knew that Zartear was about to kill her with looks only, feeling his gaze glide over her body like the blade of a dagger over bare skin. A slight shrug of the shoulders was the only response she gave to this, what else could she do? Being inexperienced in finding her way through forests and bushes, she had to follow him around like a puppet, trying to imitate his movements. Yet, this was harder than she had thought, as he was so used to moving like a shadow and this very quickly, thus she had trouble enough to even keep up with his pace, though she would rather bite off her tongue than admit this to him out loud. It would only be fuel for his already bad mood and she did not want to risk another confrontation this early in the journey. They would have to spend much more time together it seemed and she was going to try avoid talking to him for as much and as long as possible.

Nevertheless, following in his footsteps, it was unavoidable to observe him regularly, and she couldn’t help but think that it was indeed a rather fine view. But the feelings that were seeping through his apparently so composed nature were torturing her. The hatred he felt was at times so strong that she felt the urge to jump at him and seek the veins that were pulsing through his body, the tenderness of his flesh. Shivers ran down her spine when she remembered the soft feel of his skin under her teeth. Forcing herself to focus on something else and not on anything related to the person marching in front of her, she was concentrating awfully hard on the task at hand, namely finding the perfect way to travel through a forest with as less noise as possible. Slowly, she was growing used to the way her leader was weaving through the trees and she was pretty sure that in a few hours time she would get the hang of it.

As evening grew closer, Selene realised that she had not paid much attention to her surroundings at all, much less to where they were going. When she finally regarded her environment, she wistfully thought of the sundown when they had first met, it had been just as nice as it was now, with its coloured sky only moments before the sun was hiding behind the mountains. The final rays of the sun were caressing the tree tops that were lining the mountain walls in which the valley they had just reached lay hidden. How different their relation was now, filled with hostility and distrust. Sometimes she couldn’t help but wonder how they had ever been able to have a soft spot for each other, but then, when she looked at him in moments where he was not concentrating on hating her, he did look mouth-watering. There was no need to pretend she wasn’t still attracted to him, despite all that had happened, yet there was also no need in letting him know this.

As it turned out, Zartear was actually being quite the gentleman when it came to halting for the night, preparing a resting place and a fire, even cooking some meat for them. It had been rather unspectacular to see him kill the boar. She would have imagined he’d put on a show but she had been mistaken. It had been a very quick and unnoticeable kill. While watching him prepare the food, her thoughts circled around the voyage they had embarked on, completely oblivious to the look Zartear gave her.

She had bought a few supplies before proceeding to the meeting point, but she was relatively sure that she had forgotten a lot of necessary things, seeing that she had never done this kind of thing before. She hated to admit this, even if it was only to herself, but she was glad that someone as experienced as Zartear was with her, even if it meant a great deal of discomfort, at least he knew what he was doing. And before she could even go down the road of what else he was good at, his cold voice cut through the evening air. It was hardly a fitting sound for the romantic setting.

His words were sharp and hurtful, dripping of sarcasm and she immediately exploded. “Who do you think you are? Mr Perfect, who knows everything and everyone and thinks he is so much better than the rest of the world. Maybe there is much more to me than you will ever be able to see or even comprehend. Maybe I’m just really good at making people believe what they want to believe. Maybe I’m just the little innocent girl who can trick a ridiculously stupid fart into believing that he has to grant her this one wish or else the world will blow to bits.” She stared at him, eyes cold, cheeks flushed with anger. “What do you expect me to say to you?” Adopting a mock voice, she pleaded: “Oh please, please, don’t throw this away, we are meant to be together. I did this all for you.” Her eyes did not waver from his face and her mouth slowly widened into a devilish grin. “Is that what you want to hear? Don’t worry, I know that I can’t trust them, just as well as I know that I cannot trust you either. But for what good it does, we’re in this together now, if you like it or not.” She was quiet for a while, expecting him not to be furious but to quite simply kill her on the spot.

At first, she refused to answer his question, yet what good would it bring? She would have to tell him at some point anyway and it might be helpful if he knew as much as possible right from the start. After all, he was the experienced one. Her boss’s last comment came to mind, warning her not to give away the treasure-holder’s name or it would ruin everything. With a sigh, she finally replied: “I don’t know what exactly they want me to do, but I’m sure I will know when the time is right. As for instructions, they haven’t told me much to be honest. General directions, which you know as well, and that there is this guy, who holds an important treasure.” Her eyes were cast off into the distance, scanning the slowly darkening mountain range, as she was trying to remember anything useful they might have said, but in fact, there was not much to tell. “They deliberately didn’t explain much, I think, probably afraid that we might end up stealing their precious treasure for ourselves and never come back. I just can’t help but wonder what this supposed treasure is, they never said.” She decided not to give the name to Zartear. Withholding the name might give her some leverage for a later moment in time, something she was sure she was going to need.

Almost barely audible, she whispered, still not looking at him: “Don’t give yourself to that illusion. We both know that you’re going to use the first chance you get to kill me.” The only remaining question is: Will he succeed?
Back to top Go down
Zay
Admin
Zay

Things that I am :
  • SR Salamander
  • Medium Poster
  • Platypus
  • Chatbox Spammer
  • Minion of Monty
  • Underling of Eldar

PostSubject: Re: [Any psychotic ex-boyfriends I should know about?] Prince Meets Princess [You have NO idea!]   [Any psychotic ex-boyfriends I should know about?] Prince Meets Princess [You have NO idea!] - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed May 05, 2010 8:38 pm

Before the gush of rage poured from the things mouth, Zartear had refocused briefly on the meat, it was coming along well despite being over the open flame. Though, pieces remained raw while the ends charred slightly, fragments occasionally falling off and into the fire, the fat of the meat making the fire hiss as it dropped too.
Back to the present though, and a sudden slam of words assaulted his ears…with the exaggerated moments of a high voice, the ramblings of a girl as she went on, and on….and on…Making quite a fine example of herself, he thought, and so he carried on tending the food.

It would have appeared he was almost completely ignoring her, as he did not even look to her at all, choosing instead to turn the food- watching it with great care.
Leaning forward he plucked the spit the meat was skewered upon from the setup, touching it in parts to check it was thoroughly enough done.
The useful distraction of forest cookery came in handy right about now, when he didn’t care for reprimanding the girl…Like a young yapping dog tied to a tree, barking and scratching about…indeed it’s bark was worse than it’s bite. Unusual for a vampire.
At least It’d calm down eventually.

With two skewers in his hands removed from the flame he then looked toward her, calmly,
“So you’re going to bite the hand that feeds you?” He laughed, another ironically true moment surfaced. “Well if that’s how it’s going to be, maybe I’d best take the wind out of your sails a bit.”
Zartear’s hand slithered along one of the skewers, and with a firm twitch of the fingers separated the meat in two, giving her a single half of the one skewer.
Keeping the rest to himself.
“Well take it for a fact then, when I say you’ll be dead sooner than you’d like if you keep howling like that on an empty stomach. I thought I was clear from the beginning, you will not try and argue with me, understand?”
The phrase followed by a second or two of eerie silence.
“Do you understand that, creature?” He suddenly bellowed, in a twist of anger. He turned his face to the side then, as if signaling to not even dare attempt a retort, though he half expected one from the hot-blooded vampire.

He then began on his food, checking the shelter he had created in sight, rain or shine a shelter was best to avoid the roaming wildlife of untamed forests like these. It was firm, he thought- a good shelter made. The collection of sticks and branches woven and supporting each other well against the tall thick trunked tree, full of gnarls, loops and whorls. A soft lining of the thin dry and crisp leaves made a weave of carpet down beneath the canopy, barred by a crude entrance of branch pieces.
The fact he’d have to share this piece of lovely construction with the thing- which he was still undecided in his mind, how to refer to- forced a spark of resentment in him. Though, there was little to be done about it, but she could always choose to leave the shelter to himself. It was big enough for two; he didn’t fancy dragging along the already incapable and then particularly ill follower should the clouds and rain come- so it’d ultimately be her choice.

Whatever the case, so long as he slept with the weapon close to him then no tricks would be played. Like the time that was fooled into believing the loner on the mountain was a roaming, free maiden without enough cynicism to stop her being caught by him.
He half cringed at his own misjudgment, slept with it and didn’t even realize it was something so much more different.
Well he rationalized; at least she knows I defaced her enough not to try using that against me.
For what it was worth, she’d done the work well then, the flash of the sensuousness overtook the pictures in his mind for a while before his own disgust fought back yet again… but now I am dying to cut her away, and the thought that she still had that one point of leverage over him he simply couldn’t alter for now was like the constant humming of a fly nearby. Incessant and far too close for comfort.

Zartear sat up a little straighter as he came home from his wandering in the complicated areas of his mind, nagging to be sorted through.
Back to top Go down
Eldarwen
Admin
Eldarwen

Things that I am :
  • Alarmingly Excellent
  • Minion of Monty
  • Thrall of Zay

PostSubject: Re: [Any psychotic ex-boyfriends I should know about?] Prince Meets Princess [You have NO idea!]   [Any psychotic ex-boyfriends I should know about?] Prince Meets Princess [You have NO idea!] - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun May 09, 2010 6:21 pm

Seeing that Zartear was not about to pay her much attention, even when she insulted him, she did not quite know how to take it. On the one hand, she wanted to lunge herself at him and make him listen but on the other hand, it was just as well he ignored her, it might make things much easier than expected. Casting her glance back to Zartear, as he finally degraded himself to speak to her, she asked, in surprise: “Did I say I wanted to bite the hand that feeds me? I’m merely being cautious, I’d expected you to know the difference.” However, there was no way of her not noticing the deliberate way he handled the skewers, firmly sliding his hand up it and then suddenly with a small gesture snipping the meat in two. She knew quite well it was what he would do to her, the firm hand, she’d experienced, the breaking in two, she might sooner or later experience, though she was still rather hoping to be able to avoid that part. But as she told him herself, they both knew it was an impending doom.

As he then passed the half on to her, she gave him a grateful smile, against her will, but how could she not thank him for it? It might not be much, considering he kept quite a lot to himself, but it could be worse and she did not need that much food anyway. She’d learned to live with little at an early age already, her parents having not been the most rich. Though she purposefully did not react to Zartear’s comment, otherwise she might again say something he’d take it as another insult and might indeed not include her in his cooking. Her face turned a deep red as he suddenly screamed at her but she kept her mouth shut, despite the words desperately wanting out. There was no denying how much he hated her, she could feel it vibrating in his insides and it made her crave.. – Forcing herself not to think about it, she swallowed the blood lust and concentrated on her food. Ignoring his emotions came in waves, according to his thoughts probably, stronger at times, ebbing away at others. She was not going to fool herself into believing that he could stop hating her. It was not going to happen, it would be quite interesting if it did, but no, she should stop daydreaming.

Following his glance to the rather incredible shelter he’d built, another wave washed over her and she decided to go for a walk and find another place for her to sleep. The mere thought of being under that same roof with him, especially in such a confined area, was sending shivers down her spine. There’s not much she wanted more than to be near him, in a twisted way, but she also wondered if she were to survive the night if she did sleep in that shelter. The other thing obviously was that she might accidentally bite him, if his emotions did not recline while he was sleeping and that was a risk she was not about to take.

In hopes of it not raining, she absented herself from the fireplace after a hasty “thank you” and took a quick wander around, not only to find somewhere comfortable she could spend the night at but also to calm her confusing thoughts. She didn’t know what to think anymore and the same things kept circling in her mind, mixing and interchanging at will. It was annoying her, and not only just a little.

Suddenly, she stopped dead in her tracks. Seemingly having run around the camp in a wide circle for quite some time, she felt something. There was nothing to be heard, no sign of any intruders or wild animals, but there definitely was desperation in the air, an emotion so strong, it set Selene’s heart racing. Someone or something was out there. On an impulse, Selene looked up into the night sky, just as the light sound of flapping wings was heard. A huge dragon was circling the fireplace, growing desperation in its heart. Though why, Selene could not tell, but she was sure it was going to attack sooner or later and she was definitely not going to be able to do anything about it.
Picking up her feet, she raced back to the camp, forgetting how pissed Zartear might be when she woke him up, if indeed he was already sleeping. Before she could even see him, she yelled: “There’s an angry dragon!”
Back to top Go down
Zay
Admin
Zay

Things that I am :
  • SR Salamander
  • Medium Poster
  • Platypus
  • Chatbox Spammer
  • Minion of Monty
  • Underling of Eldar

PostSubject: Re: [Any psychotic ex-boyfriends I should know about?] Prince Meets Princess [You have NO idea!]   [Any psychotic ex-boyfriends I should know about?] Prince Meets Princess [You have NO idea!] - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 03, 2010 8:58 pm

If truth be told, Zartear hadn’t slept all that deep the past three…four, who knew, hours. Then again, even if you weren’t in the company of a strange beast it still wasn’t wise to fall too deep into slumber in the wilderness, and become a sitting duck. Maybe an hour or so before now, although he hadn’t looked outside to confirm it, he could have sworn he’d heard the soft beating of wings moving smoothly overhead. It hadn’t seemed imminent at the time, something preparing for a dive, and sure enough the sound had faded as quickly as it came.

Now though, Zartear stirred…If his ears weren’t deceiving him, that was the same sound as before, this merited much more interest that before. A passing creature was one thing but a returning one…

He pulled himself forward from his rest, still even in his full armour (however uncomfortable) and reached for the charred stick that held the power of his weapon. He pushed himself from the shelter as quiet as he could for a human on dry leaves, but once on both feet and stood up he began with his cat-like attentiveness, eyes drawn to the sky.

Suddenly, a burst of noise echoed through the trees and he snapped his focus sharply between them, only to realize is was the…vampire. He growled under his breath, noise coming from a mere biped would only excite the creature towards them, predator dragons (and he assumed it would be a dragon, griffins flew much softer, though he wasn’t entirely sure if it was a dangerous one) were drawn to the distress of creatures as easy targets…Great, she had given their location away. If it hadn’t been that he didn’t want to further pull it’s interest he might have shouted at her thoroughly, or maybe knocked her out if she weren’t at the time so far away…

Then at least he could deal with it more quietly.

He had little time to think of all this though, so he settled for giving her another of his dirty looks, before paying full attention to the sound which now faded back and forth as the dragon circled above, he could see glimpses of it snatched between the leaves above.
Nothing too large, but more than capable in it’s own right. Then, it vanished from his view and he tensed, his vision scattered as he looked to left and right, the dragon made not even a sound on it’s landing.

Definitely a predatorial dragon, and it seemed, Zartear and the vampire were it’s planned midnight snack.

Zartear now muttered some words under his breath and twitched the charred stick as it went through it’s typical transformation to the plain, long broad sword. The one designed to smash through the thick hide of a dragon and still slice through say, it’s neck. This dragon wasn’t large enough to warrant the chains to weaken it anyway.
Now the difficult part, the fight itself would unlikely be the difficult part, once close up Zartear knew how to match his strength against a dragon’s…But for now he had to play games, to the dragon’s advantage.

Without looking to Selene he gestured quickly with his left hand for Selene to follow as he crept forward, arms away from his sides, read for anything that could happen, the dragon would be attacking from the ground, but in the midnight forest it could come from anywhere and with breakneck speed, if he didn’t act before the dragon, it was likely that the vampire would be snatched by it.

Then, the first stroke of good luck on their journey so far, or was it just an ounce of mercy? He saw in the small filtered moonlight through the trees, as he shifted forward, the light glinting from a reflective surface, creating a shimmer. They could only be scales yet it was so sinister how the dragon, had it not been for the light would have been practically undetectable, not even a pulsing of it’s body as it breathed, no twitch of excitement. It lay there, a snare of teeth and claws waiting for it’s cue to kill.
It wasn’t much further in front now, it’d be safer for Selene if she backed off infact, he hadn’t at first guessed it’d already be so close, and with a fleeting urgent movement to his follower he dare not check she follow the order.
That would be the moment the dragon would launch itself.

Zartear lifted his sword gently, bending his knees and readying to meet the dragon. He had to make eye contact with it now, at least then it’s strike would be predictable, it would have lost it’s own ambush. Now he had to make sure to avoid it’s attack, while keeping it from destroying his follower. Moving his body ever so slightly down, he ran his eyes over it’s calloused bony face, meeting it’s own eyes, beady and black. It’s nostrils flared for a second as it drew it’s leg from it’s side,

now.

Zartear leapt slightly to his right as the dragon exploded from it’s cover with a howl, avoiding the snapping of it’s jaws, easily enough power there to break a human in two.

The angle was still less than perfect, but he roared his own battle cry as he took a heavy swipe at the dragons left shoulder to pull it’s eye-line away from the more vulnerable creature, even if the blow itself would serve little else than to antagonize the lizard, it wasn’t a clean cut.
To his disappointment, the dragon refused to oblige. It seemed to recognize it’s real prey and merely offered Zartear a swipe of it’s tail as it now stalked forward to the vampire half crouched and on an eager trot, it seemed to recognize it didn’t have to worry about making light work of her unlike the other biped in it’s strange shell.
He wasn’t breaking into a sweat yet but Zartear’s eyes were wide, no such thing should have happened any ordinary creature under attack would do it’s damndest to remove it’s afflictor. This dragon was out for a free grab and run meal though, and now he had to stop it as quickly as he could.
Exerting his voice through the wood he roared
“Hold your ground!”
Plan B, if the dragon turned on the vampire, by making her behave less of a herbivore it might be more inclined to fight him instead.

“Do NOT run!” He commanded again, charging forward and raising the sword deftly ready to come down heavily upon it’s hamstring, yet all the while it was closing in on it’s target.

If only she hadn’t called out…Did she think the slayer wouldn’t notice?

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: [Any psychotic ex-boyfriends I should know about?] Prince Meets Princess [You have NO idea!]   [Any psychotic ex-boyfriends I should know about?] Prince Meets Princess [You have NO idea!] - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

[Any psychotic ex-boyfriends I should know about?] Prince Meets Princess [You have NO idea!]
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next