HomeFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in

Share | 

A most intriguing task(Kevvx X Eldarwen)

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage

PostSubject: Re: A most intriguing task(Kevvx X Eldarwen)   Tue Feb 09, 2010 9:11 pm

Xavien nodded a bit, her words really couldn't be more true at all. It sounded like something he would say outright and not care of any reaction afterward. "Vengeance is quite a horrid force in someones' mind. It pushes most much too far. Which usually only has a bad end, whether for them or others." He said with a bit of a sigh. Indeed he tried very hard never to feel such a need. He knew Vengeance obscured the senses and things once strong enough and well, he definently didn't want that at all. Well Xavien too knew what it was like to feel such restless feelings.... though unlike most, he had learned to just quell the unease and things and look past it. Thus to him that restlessness was nothing much most of the time.

Xavien of course listened to her words. Him not fooled really. He could tell she likely went through such things just as he did. Being driven out just for some differences, something you couldn't help or fix at all. Yet beings got irate about it and indeed felt one just didn't belong.... Xavien indeed hated such thoughts. But well it was human nature in particular. Thus it was unpreventable of course. "I see..... yes I.... know how that is. As unfortunate as that is, well, some beings just wont know peace in their lifetime at all." He said softly. He kne whe wouldn't ever have peace. Between his Father and just peoples' hatred in general well, there was little hope for him being able to settle.

At this question however Xavien frowned deeply. This wasn't exactly a question he really expected. Though he soon cursed himself inside a bit, he should've expected this by far and he knew it. Though he let his eyes show nothing, their gaze just narrowed on ehr of course. "Hmm..... well such an answer can be brought about in alot of different ways, but first I think you should answer your own question about yourself." He told her merely. Well he was no fool. If she told, then well, so would he it was that simple. Well he couldn't just openly tell what he did in the first place, lest he knew things were cool enough there to say such. Well it was pretty obvious to im too that she was no baker and things, thus well, she had his curiousity for sure. Though he was almost sure he knew the answer. It was just if she was going to indeed fib about it or not of course..... which would be understndable.....
Back to top Go down
Eldarwen
Admin

Things that I am :
  • Alarmingly Excellent
  • Minion of Monty
  • Thrall of Zay

Female Loveliness : 67

PostSubject: Re: A most intriguing task(Kevvx X Eldarwen)   Tue Feb 09, 2010 10:46 pm

The words Xavien spoke were true, and yet, somehow they weren't. Siofra agreed that vengeance was an evil force but there was always the other side of the argument. Looking at him, seeing the intense, almost heartfelt emotion that seemed to have stolen into his eyes, she averted her eyes and gazed into the fire, letting all the emotions wash over her. "Though vengeance at least is something that keeps people going that have lost everything else in their life, every sense of purpose, if there is nothing left to live for except that one tiny moment of.." She let the end of the sentence drift away into nothingness, both of them knowing what it meant. To be driven by vengeance certainly was not a good way to be living, but sometimes Siofra thought it was better that not having a reason at all, better than just move along from day to day, not knowing what to do with oneself, wasting away into nothingness.

Without realising, she had drifted off rather far, more than she had intended. Suddenly, she felt cold and automatically shifted in her seat, turning the other way around to put herself closer to the fire, yet still able to look at Xavien, if she felt like it. For now, she was rather content with not having to see his face, not wanting to see what this revelation had caused him to believe. She let the shadows and the light of the flames play over her face, almost feeling the warmth moving about like a living being. A low sigh escaped her lips. "Like you've said, it usually ends badly," she added as an afterthought, the dark notions in her voice clearly audible. Images kept floating into her mind and she tried to push them away again as quickly as they appeared, yet... one particular picture kept coming back. And back. Shaking her head a little, she sighed and forced her attention back to the person she was actually conversing with, instead of losing herself in memories of long lost times. "No, I guess some people may never find peace, not even in their death." Her voice just as low as his, both of them knowing that the other felt the same way, that the other had experienced similar things that should better had never happened, certainly not for the reasons that it did.

The half-elf composed herself, regaining more of her steady self and returned to observing Xavien's face for any reaction to her question and statement, but did not find much of anything readable, which she probably should have expected. Nonetheless, this should actually tell her enough, even without any motion on his behalf. Exasperated at the fact that he simply turned the game around, she drew a deep breath and had to grin despite herself. "I should have known this was going to come back to bite me." Now, how should she reply to this particular question without revealing too much? Or without revealing enough without giving him any bad ideas. Of course, it could be put in many different ways, some more ambiguous than others, yet always sounding evasive and mysterious, which was probably not the kind of thing that would be any satisfaction to Xavien at all. It had been a smart move to simply refuse answering before she said anything herself. Why should he? Especially after considering how it came to pass that they were sitting in his living room sipping drinks in front of a sizzling fire. Finally, unable to decide what she should say, she resorted to playing games. Cocking her head to one side, looking up at him from underneath a strand of hair and with a mischievous grin on her face, she promptly asked: "What do you think it is that I do for a living?"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
The woods are lovely, dark and deep.
But I have promises to keep,
And miles to go before I sleep,
And miles to go before I sleep.
Back to top Go down
View user profile

PostSubject: Re: A most intriguing task(Kevvx X Eldarwen)   Mon Feb 15, 2010 9:12 pm

Xavien gave a soft, almost unnoticeable sigh as he looked to her. He could see her eyes, just for that instanct, before she looked away of course. Her words fell upon his ears almost. Indeed powerful they were, unfinished or not. He could understand her feelings almost. He had ahd a timeframe where well, Vengeance kept him going too. It wasnt good in any way, but well, it kept him going, it gave him a purpose. Even if it was an almost insignificant one seemingly. But still it was a purpose, some reason to keep his feet moving, to keep his arms strong and to keep his instincts sharp and ready for anything. Sometimes such purpose are hard to come by but well, even something so crude as revenge can drive it there. Of course he gave no real reply to such words..... there was no real way to fill in such a blank.

He frowned a bit, sensing her beginning to rest more then normal. Was she falling asleep? He doubted that happening, sure enough, she woke again. Noticing she didn't look at him. He couldn't blame her really, he knew most in their situation had troubles with direct contact. Her words though cut through his torpor. Indeed it almost like their frames were begging for rest, yet well he knew that was next to impossible. "Indeed it does.... rarely do I see such end in any good way." He said softly. "As for peace....well..... perhaps someday, long after the struggles these worlds seem caught up into...... maybe then, some form of peace will take form." He said. "Maybe......" Well he couldn't stress maybe enough on that. He was doubtful in truth, usually once one villain fell another was there, thinking themselves bigger and badder then the last.....

Xavien snorted a bit at her next question, indeed how the hell was he going to answer that? Well perhaps honest for once would be better then any other answer. Then again, only half the truth.... he wasnt about to come right out and speak of this mess. That was agaisnt all that anyone in his boots should do. "Well its not too severe a bite, it depends how you look at it." He said softly. Her question he rolled around in his head though, in careful consideration. "Hmph..... well from what I must judge from your appearance, your demeanor and stealth about certain fact...... what you do likely isnt too far from what I myself get into." He said with a shrug. Skirting about the truth of course and yet, making his point. not too plain but definently blatant enough to know what he more then likely was speaking about. "Though most refuse to speak of such things at all in truth. Im surprised you even brought it up...... awful brave of you in truth. Yet..... I see nothin wrong with such either......." He said softly. It tough to be angry or flustered at her for him plainly too. Figuring there was alot more to her then he would see ever, but well it was more drawing to him then anyone else tended to be ever. He had never met a female who could pull at such instincts within his mind of course.....
Back to top Go down
Eldarwen
Admin

Things that I am :
  • Alarmingly Excellent
  • Minion of Monty
  • Thrall of Zay

PostSubject: Re: A most intriguing task(Kevvx X Eldarwen)   Sat Feb 20, 2010 10:36 pm

Almost without realising she was doing it, she slowly nodded along to his words. Indeed, maybe, at some distant point in history, some form of peace might take place, yet peace means different things to different people. Maybe peace will never be reached, at least not in the way most people seem to imagine it. It was too depressing a thought to be woven into more deeply and quite frankly, one Siofra did not especially want to continue talking about, especially since she got much the same vibe from Xavien. As tough as he might look on the outside, he did have quite a soft spot it seemed. Of course, she would not tell him this in case that was not something he wanted to hear. One could never tell with some men, they could be as sensitive as any other being, yet if they're told, they rather often tend to go completely ape and demonstrate how very insensitive they are. Letting her gaze wander over Xavien's face once again, the half-elf couldn't help but wonder what his reaction to such a comment would be..

She quietly listened to his words, then had to laugh out loud. "Well, I guess, it takes one to know one," she replied, the laughter still distinguishable in her voice. "Someone picking up on those specific details like you've exposed just now has to be in the same business, otherwise they wouldn't notice. Like you've said yourself." Indeed, they seem to be into much the same line of business, that much she could have told from his reply, even without him stating that he thought they were entertaining a similar lifestyle - it could almost be counted as that. Doing the odd jobs, assassination sometimes amongst them, it certainly requires a constant vigilance that cannot be shed once off duty for the day. She cocked her head to the other side, searching his face. Did he do assassination? Or was that just her? On her odd moments in time where she thought it seemed like a good idea. Coldbloodedness was not always a very rewarding feeling, but it paid well and Siofra had become rather good at simply blanking a bad conscious out. It was not a question she was likely to ask him at this moment in time though. Too much could still very quickly change if she said the wrong words. Somehow, she did not quite trust him to not do something 'stupid', even though she did feel like she trusted him, somehow...

There was something about Xavien, about his voice and the way he talked to her that touched her, went under her skin. It was the only way the half-elf could explain why she was talking so much about herself, even though she was not revealing big secrets as for now, but somehow she had a feeling this was still to come. And it was not like she was imagining that he seemed to be comfortable about talking to her as well. He had even said so himself. Nonetheless, there was always this tiny voice in her head that urged her to be cautious. "It's exhausting," she whispered, in reply to her own thoughts, "this constant need to be on the edge, to have to watch our for possible assaults or attacks." She slowly shook her head, trying to hold back emotions that suddenly threatened to spill out. "It's not bravery. I'm not as courageous as you might think. I'm just tired.. tired of having to hold back all the time, tired of having to disguise who I am.. just... tired, you know?" Looking into his eyes, she had to avert her gaze again, not wanting him to see that she might start to cry any second now. What the hell is wrong with me?! This was unlike her. Of course, she had her off moments, like everybody else, it was normal. But this? Almost losing it in front of a total stranger? What was he doing to her? But she would not have been able to bring herself to walk out of his house, there and then. "Anyway, it doesn't matter.. I didn't mean to.." Hesitating, she fixedly stared into the flames and abruptly, she looked back at him, lips pressed together tightly, almost daring him to keep this discussion going, opening her mouth as if she wanted to say something, only to close it again and keep staring at him.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Back to top Go down
View user profile

PostSubject: Re: A most intriguing task(Kevvx X Eldarwen)   Sun Mar 07, 2010 9:02 pm

Xavien was no fool at all. Siofra could act as hard as she liked to. Well he could see she wasn't at all as hard as she mad eherself out to be, indeed her having a soft end to herself. As anyone should by far, especially someone as nice to the eyes as she was. Thus well her act was of little use to his eyes really. But he wasn't about to tell her too much otherwise of it, knowing she would likely be insulted, if he told ehr such things. Of course he himself had a very small, soft spot for some things. She just seemed fortunate enough to find such in his heart and mind. Well otherwise she likely would be dead by now simply. He had hade to be so hard all his life because of his Father and things that well, he had became fairly cld. Though some, well seemed to be able to find better in him.

Xavien chuckled a bit at her words though, shrugging some too. "Indeed so. Though its not normally healthy to speak about it." He said softly. "Thus we should just agree we do the same thing, but well, we should also leave such details alone. Until such is fully relevent to something extremely important to us perhaps." He told simply. Not too much wanting to speak of the blood he seemed to shed everyday, and for senseless reasons too. But it was all he had been taught to do truly, and all he was truly good with. Thus, he continued at it each day, despite the cost it had on him welcomeness in places and his strength of heart and things, to keep him out of such darkness that drowned so many demons before him and costed them their lives.

Xavien watched her face and reactions a bit closer. Well he could sense her mood coming to more fo a head of course. Let alone those eyes seeming close to weeping. Though they hardened quick too. Her words of course full of meaning at this point as well. Though he shook his head by the end of them. "So you just mask yourself further and hide what you truly wanna do and things? Even though you just were speaking of not liking to do so? Siofra why not try taking that path you thought would be too costly to yourself before eh? Id think it was fairly obvious by now I ain't gonna cause no harm, far from it. I dont think I could do so to you even if I had to....... youre just a bit too....." Well he hardly knew how to finish such statements, him not too good with such things at all of course. Well he didn't want her to continue a facade that just seemed to obstruct her true thoughts and feeling with him. she didn't need to do such things at all with him either. Well unlike most, he would listen and react to such things, not just blow it all off or say what he thought she wanted to hear. Which well, was what most males tended to do at such times. Shameful as it was, it was their nature.... But it wasnt a nature he followed. She was different then others too, thus well, he wanted to listen and eb nice with her simply. She seemed to just hit that area of his sensory no others really could find at all. Thus well he listened and ket where eh was. Not about to leave or change this around, no way. He was pretty sure she needed this.....
Back to top Go down
Eldarwen
Admin

Things that I am :
  • Alarmingly Excellent
  • Minion of Monty
  • Thrall of Zay

PostSubject: Re: A most intriguing task(Kevvx X Eldarwen)   Sat Mar 13, 2010 10:04 pm

Xavien's words struck a note deep down inside her and she was sure that this was not the end of the discussion. Somehow it seemed like there was going to be more to follow, even though he was absolutely right by just wanting to leave unsaid the details of whatever it was they were both doing with their time and their lives. Siofra respected this however and did not even consider pushing this topic any further, not wanting to anger him unnecessarily. Plus, it was not like she had the explicit wish to talk about her deeds either. Too much had happened in her life that might be better left unsaid even though it was quite a burden to carry around without ever having been able to talk to anybody about it. Though one comes to live with it.

As he started talking again, Siofra stared at the man sitting opposite her, all but barely holding herself up as his words were forcing themselves into her ears, despite the fact that she did not want to hear what he had to say. The hatred she felt at that moment was almost physically painful, though she was not quite sure whether it was directed at him for saying what he did or at herself for being the way she was. So many things were circling in her head, so many things she just wanted to shout out but he wouldn't understand without hearing the story and she was not sure if she was ready to strip her conscience naked before him, after all he was a stranger, despite the fact that she simply could not rid herself of the feeling that she could tell him anything and he would not use it against her. "You have NO idea what you're talking about," she suddenly burst out, her eyes flaming. "You have no idea what my life has been like, why it has been the way it is or even why I have to be the way that I am." The agitation was making her whole body tremble and she held on to the mug in her hands for dear life, as if it was going to save her from the pain she was feeling. She knew that she was doing him wrong by acting out, after all he had only been trying to be nice, but..

The part that was annoying her the most was the knowledge that Xavien was probably very right. He had hit the nail almost right on the head and it was something she had never even admitted to herself so she simply would not hear somebody else make such statements about her, no matter how spot on they were. Suddenly, she felt really cold and she was shivering not only from anger anymore. Images began flashing through her mind again, images of things she had tried to repress for so long, tried to forget, even though it had been the prime motivation for almost everything she had ever done in her life. Even though they were the reason for her even being here in this town. Still shaking, she whispered: "The path you want me to take is too costly." There was a part in her that wanted to continue yelling at him, yet, the fact that he had just told her that he could not harm her even if he had to, made her realise in what a precarious situation she actually was, because no matter how often she told herself that she was a professional, if she had to take him out, she wouldn't be able to do it either... It was a rather scary thought for the half-elf. She was torn between her emotions, suddenly unsure whether she was still pissed at him for hurting her or whether she should stare at him open mouthed after his rather tender confession. She couldn't even remember the last time anybody had remotely told her that she was liked or appreciated. Finally, she decided to simply forgo having to react to this by simply resuming to stare into the flames, frantically trying not to let the tears flow.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Back to top Go down
View user profile

PostSubject: Re: A most intriguing task(Kevvx X Eldarwen)   Tue Mar 30, 2010 8:09 pm

Xavien knew his words more then likely reached her where typcally no one else could at all. Well thats what he meant for them to do. He knew his own self was likely doomed, but in fact, he didnt want to see someone else stray the same way. Thus well, he hoped in the long run, his words made a decent impact on her. For well at least she seemed to listen to such words, unlike what he had done..... to his own disappoitment perhaps. But as for their work he just saw no need for such tings to be mentioned. It too much to be mentioned, no one needed to know about it, not now, not ever.

Xaviens' eyes widened as her tone of voice rose though. Surprised a bit at the words in her outburst, though he had expected the outburst in the first place. Such words almost...angered him in fact. She was very, very wrong and he knew it about that. He had no idea? She was wrong, it was SHE who more then likely had just no clue...... but he held his tongue best he could. He wouldnt bring up the horror that was his own past and present. Not needing her to know that much, not needing anyone really to know that at all. He took a deep breath however. "I would watch your words if I were you. You think I dont know what its like hmm? Do not..... make me prove you wrong." He told her seriously. Seeing her shake and hold onto that mug too. Knowing feelings could pull some very strange reactions from the body. Thus well he didn't bring that up right now. He would let her wallow in those odd feelings of hers. Such things as nervousness and almost desparation and such deep sadness he hadnt felt in......forever really.

Xavien folded his arms. Listening to her last phrase too. Too Costly? Such a path had cost to it yes but...well the rewards were tpically better too. LEt alone it was jsut a healthier way for most to be. If he had had the choice earlier in life to be so well, he more then likely would be far different then he was now, let alone better off too. "I think not...." He told ehr softly. "Its only costly to you cuz thats all that youre mind falls upon, is what you think such will cost you. Though you fail to see that typically the efforts are rewarded much better with such a path too. It dont cost as much as one might think at all." He said, the last words in that a bit sour though.... He sat down with a sigh, his mind considering many things. Why the hell wa she even sharing such words with another? It felt very strange to talk to anyone like this. Her the first in truth. No matter though he supposed. He ahd started this, he might as well finish it too. Who knows, it might indeed turn out to make his own situation better, he couldnt know. He hoped anyway, that at least someone would walk away from this all a much better person then thaey had been before. The effort itself would be a big enough try for it that was for sure.......
Back to top Go down
Eldarwen
Admin

Things that I am :
  • Alarmingly Excellent
  • Minion of Monty
  • Thrall of Zay

PostSubject: Re: A most intriguing task(Kevvx X Eldarwen)   Wed Apr 07, 2010 8:09 pm

How could it be that one moment he does not want to hurt me and the next he actually is hurting me? Even if it were only words he was throwing at her, he was hurting her and there was no way she could protect herself from it. Every single feeling she had been trying to repress for so long suddenly wobbled to the surface, screaming for release. Yet, Siofra was still holding on and pushing them back down. She was not ready to give up. Sternly continuing to stare into the flames, she let Xavien's words wash over her, the chill of them all sending shudder after shudder down her spine, making more and more images flash before her eyes until they threatened to drown her in them. No longer could she hold down. She did not want to scream at him, knowing that it would almost certainly end the lovely evening they had had so far, but it was too much. The trembling grew worse and despite feeling cold, the half-elf broke into a sweat. It was simply too much. His words came out haltingly, as if he was forcing himself not to lash out, but what did it matter? He had almost broken her already, which was plainly obvious, so why should he care now?

"Oh really?" She blurted out, her words dripping with sarcasm in response to his bitter comment. All of the anger and the deep-rooted desperation were pushing out, were creeping into her every move and word, and there he was, seemingly the perfect target. There was no way she could prevent from throwing it all into his face. Too long has she kept quiet. Now all the emotions wanted out. Needed to get out. "Then prove me wrong! Prove how apparently you know everything about me, about my life, about what I've been through! Prove me that it does not have to cost so much! Prove me why the hell you haven't changed when it was time! Make me believe what you just told me! That it is not yet too late to change my life, that it is not yet too late to be someone I was obviously not destined to be! PROVE IT!" The half-elf jumped up in sudden outburst of desperation, wildly gesticulating with her arms to underline the words she was saying and thus spraying the rest of her drink all over the place.

In any other situation, it might have been funny, but Siofra was dead serious. And she knew she might have just brought down the apocalypse on herself by attacking him the way she did. She was breathing heavily and her cheeks were burning but she did not avert her eyes. She kept staring at him, daring him to make that final move, to slap her in the face or whatever it was that he wanted to do now. She could sense it, see it in his posture that he was holding himself back. It was very frustrating and she wanted to coerce him into the same or at least a similar situation than she was in now, yet was unsure if she'd manage. He seemed too at ease with himself, despite the sour notes once in a while, or the comments that made her wonder if he was really as at peace as he pretended to be. Barely refraining herself from throwing the mug at him, she smashed it down onto the border of the fireplace - miraculously it did not shatter into a million pieces - and went to pick up her stuff, biting back the lump that had begun forming in her throat. She was more than ready to leave this place and never look back.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Back to top Go down
View user profile

PostSubject: Re: A most intriguing task(Kevvx X Eldarwen)   Fri Apr 09, 2010 8:22 pm

Xavien of course frowned a bit more. He knew good and well what nerves he was hitting within her mind and body, him not a fool at all. Knowing the pain it could spark, the relief it could spark as well, once hit properly. Though such relief would take awhile to even feel remotely, thus well, he didnt even try to hit such feelings that way. Siofra reminded the demon so much of himself...... him still unsure as to if that was bad, or good. He despised the way he was himself most of the time. Even then he disliked it. But what choice did he have? He didn't want to see another barred from the worlds, quite helpless in the future theyd be. He already knew his own fate.... he didn't need to see anyone else take such, not when they could do so much better.

At her words Xavien sighed a bit. He expected such words in truth, he would've been shocked if anything less had been said to him really. Though Xavien considered his options at this point. Should he indulge her curiousity? He knew if he did he would need to leave very soon afterward. She seemed one who could benefit from seeing such things, messy as they might indeed be. Of course the odds she would try to kill him once she saw...... were very high. But well..... he could take such a price, if it was worth keeping her out of a grisly future he supposed. Thus, he sighed heavily. "Well.....remember.... you asked for it." He said softly. The doors suddenly made a loud, latching noise. The cracks in the doorframe seeming to disappear... the door fusing to the walls. Xavien couldnt chance anyone getting inside the house with this going on.

Xavien looked to her, his body beginning to glow darkly, reds and blacks and dark purple and blue, the aura swept about him. "Were going to take a small journey..... fear not, we'll be back." He said. His voice deepened as he spoke to almost a guttural growl. Well he couldnt show such things from his mind in his humanlike form. Thus well..... she was going to get to see the demon of course. Him glad his coat was off, as large, almost dragonlike wings seemed to just explode out of his back. He growled a bit, feeling his anatomy shifting, his legs becoming more raptorlike in truth in how he stood. His body turning a deep silver and red, the colors blended with one another along him, his body growing a bit, him a bit more then a head taller then a typical elf. Horns came out of his head, him having 6 pointing backward on his ehad once that was done. Lastly spines rippled along his spine, and soon enough a tail formed as well, it long and thick, odd spines covering its tip and along its length a bit. Then beginning to softly drip with a strange venom. Xavien never would tell what it could do. His dark red eyes sifted a bit, his gaze on Siofra. e strwetched some, trying to get used to this form again, which wasnt too easy either.

Xavien chuckled a bit soon enough though. "Ive not changed like this..... in hundreds of years....." He said softly. "You want me to prove my point, I shall do so. I will show you the kinds of things I know and endured. Youll feel what my mind and heart felt through it all too." He told her simply. Him not about to be told he was wrong when he knew he was right. Thus well, he was going to show her quite a past. Definently a past he hated to even think of looking at but well, it would benefit her he hoped. Not sure what itd do to him with her but well, he really cared none..... it wasnt like he could really die, lest she toook him way by surprise......
Back to top Go down
Eldarwen
Admin

Things that I am :
  • Alarmingly Excellent
  • Minion of Monty
  • Thrall of Zay

PostSubject: Re: A most intriguing task(Kevvx X Eldarwen)   Mon May 03, 2010 3:06 pm

His words didn’t trigger any reaction from the half-elf, she was too furious at that moment in time to listen to anymore of what he had to say, no matter how right or wrong he might be. She already had the quiver in her hand, ready to strap it onto her back, when suddenly the door locked itself and the house seemed to be cast under some kind of spell to shield it off from the outside world. Unsure of what was happening, Siofra’s anger began to disappear and uncertainty took its place. What have I done? What have I unleahed? Slowly, she turned around to face Xavien, only to see that he was not who he had been only seconds before. Siofra gasped as she realised he was transforming and her heart beginning to race as her wide-open eyes took in Xavien’s slowly changing form.

Frankly, the aura that surrounded him was beautiful in its colourful variety, yet it looked dangerous at the same time. Like something evil giving the impression of being attractive to lure its victims into their doom. The wonderfully large wings added to this notion as well, looking as though they could wrap several human beings inside them, either to protect or choke them. The hair on Siofra’s arms raised as she heard what seemed like the cracking of bones as Xavien’s whole body shifted into a different form. She frantically wanted to ask what kind of journey he had in mind but no words volunteered to come out. She simply opened and then closed her mouth again, not one sound being made. Strangely enough, she did not feel the urge to scream until the bones began to shift in his body to give the demon his true form. The noise truly made her want to vomit but the feeling soon evaporated again as her body did not respond to anything. A shudder ran down Siofra’s spine but she was too transfixed to move or try to speak again, constantly keeping her eyes on the demon with the same thought turning around and around in her mind. What had she provoked him into doing?

Finally, after what seemed like an hour, Xavien stopped transforming and Siofra managed to tear her eyes from his body and searched his face, looked into his dark red eyes. His soft laughter sent yet another shower of goose bumps down her back, but at least it also made her snap back into focus. Responding to his words, the sarcasm came easy but she bit her tongue, so as not to say the wrong thing. Him not having changed in such a long time only proved how uncomfortable this was going to be, not only for her, but also for him. Even though she was still unsure of what was awaiting her but she was certain that he would at least not eat her alive. Suddenly, and almost embarrassed, she realised that she was still holding the quiver in a death-grip, thus decided to cast it back onto the floor where the rest of her things were. Considering his words, a strange calmness took hold of Siofra. Keeping her gaze even, she replied softly: “You say this as if it is going to hurt like hell...” Taking a deep breath, she stepped closer to Xavien. “How do we do this exactly?” It surprised herself how open she was to experiencing whatever it was he wanted her to experience, there probably wasn’t much she could do about it anyway, he didn’t seem like the guy to quickly change his mind about things. So she decided to simply follow his lead and make the best out of it, hoping he would not betray this gesture of trust. She almost couldn’t remember anymore why she had had this outburst of anger...

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Back to top Go down
View user profile

PostSubject: Re: A most intriguing task(Kevvx X Eldarwen)   Tue May 04, 2010 10:43 pm

Xavien of course felt something as he shifted about his form, changing and sifting, it all feeling jsut so strange to him. He kenw that feeling from, her too, an all too common feeling he had felt when in the face of others in the past. But he couldn't rightfully tell her not to feel such right then, hell he couldnt even speak while shifting form. Thus well her fear would have to stay there until it went away on its own he supposed. Not at all a bad thing reall, lest of course she was too fearful to do much else. Which from what Xavien could tell she would be perfectly fine from it, far better then most that encountered him like this at all. Though most that encountered him this way did not make it too long to feel fear either.

He stretched some once done forming though, hearing her words after he spoke too. Relieved ehr fear was short-lived, though he knew she was still full of caution. Which he couldn't lie, he would eb too at this point. "Well... it won't do any damage to you." He told ehr simply, giving the best answer he could. "as for that... simply were going to travel some the depths of my past and memory. You want to see why I understand? Well youre going to do so. Most I wouldn't consider doing something like thisf or but you....youre different, for some strange reason." He said softly. Such a reason made him almost uncomfortable..... he wasn't one too easily to fall for another or anything even near it. Normally if he began to feel even an inkling of such tender feelings he left immediately. He couldn't explain this though, he did not want to leave her like that, didn't want to hurt her feelings like he had others i nthe past, others he ahd had way less feeling for.

Though she soon enough became surrounded by his aura too. Embracing ehr in the depths of his mind pretty much. In truth they werent going to leave the house at all, but for her and him itd seem liekt hey were galaxies away. Rather they seemed to appear in a very desolate and dank cavern. Full of odd demons and famished servants and things. Though one huge brute of a demon sat in what could only be described as a throne. Until two odd looking beasts brought out what looked like a small Xavien. Well it was an infant Xavien. "My Father...." Xavien growled to Siofra softly. Though the huge male looked to the servant merely. "Slaughter his Mother.. this one cant be raised with such weakness...." He growle. Moments later screaming echoed in the halls, Xavien well, never even got to see his Mother.

"Lets move on...." Xavien said merely, seemignt o shove feelings aside in himself. Showing something different and much more brutal. A bit older of an Xavien this time, though still young rather. Walking on what seemed quite a bustling planet, at his Fathers' side. "Why must I-" Xavien asked, though his Father cut off his words. "Because youll show no mercy, no weakness to anyone. No male, no female, no child shall be spared such wrath as yours.... all will cave to us." He said merely. "Now hurry damn you." His Father vanished. Rather an odd, painful feeling of despair and almost glee both at once filled Siofra... Xavien would let her feel what was in his own heart and mind at the time, as Young Xavien let loose a single wave from himself on the planet and vanished. That planet, full of beings, rathr... imploded. Of course none survived such..... The Xavien beside Siofra sighed just a bit. Rather showing her four more scenes similar, except his Father seemed to become only more fierce and power-hungry with it, giving Xavien less and less room for his own thoughts. Ove rtime Xaviens' own feelings shifted too, with each planet taken down, despair and anger took the place of the glee of having so much power. It pretty much seeming to go from a gift to a curse......

Rather older Xavien soon let things shift again. Now Xavien seemed a young man. Though his Father looked at him with distaste. "Youre too powerful for our own good boy..... therefor you must go." His Father said merely. "Thats hardly fair. Youre the one that wanted em this way, now suddenly youre going to try to end me!?" Xavien asked, disgruntiled and a bit fearful too. His Father looked at him with the coldest gaze likely any monster could have. "It seems so." He said merely... of course at this point the older Xavien let that fade from their vision too. "I left there fast as I could. I had to destroy Fathers' own planet at that point as well. Though it didn't end him." He said merely. "Ive had to leave almost every planet I set foot on a year or two after I get there. Sometimes Father will find me and twist others to pursue me.... either that or the dominan race on the planet grows fearful or suspicious of me and pursues me anyway." He growled. "I know youve killed in your time. Likely bigots and thieves and things..... its bring slittle glory. But to be forced to kill EVERYTHING on a planet... men, women, children, mothers...." He could hardly finish such a statement really, it disgusted him to the fullst. Ahh he ahted having done this already.....
Back to top Go down
Eldarwen
Admin

Things that I am :
  • Alarmingly Excellent
  • Minion of Monty
  • Thrall of Zay

PostSubject: Re: A most intriguing task(Kevvx X Eldarwen)   Wed May 05, 2010 10:18 am

Not knowing what to reply, Siofra kept quiet, simply nodding, while her gaze was locked on his eyes to show she was ready. What could she have replied to such words anyway? Other than saying thank you for being so open and but if this really was something she’d thank him for, she’d only be able to tell later. For now, all she could do was embrace the experience and hope she was not going to die of shock or anything in the likes. The nervous fluttering in her stomach had decreased to a bearable level, but before Siofra could try to relax her muscles, she was already swept into the grip of Xavien’s aura that was now surrounding them both like a giant bubble. It felt strange, like a place she did not belong to but yet was invited in for a guided exploration.

Immediately, it seemed like they had travelled to not only a completely different time but an entirely different galaxy, setting foot on an – to Siofra – alien planet. The change had come so swiftly, the half elf had barely realised what was happening to them when already she was thrown into the first memory the demon wanted to show her. Stepping to his side to see the visions, she barely had time to take in all the surroundings and the ugly creatures housing the cave, when her eyes fell on a very young demon being brought in, whom she could only assume to be Xavien. There did not seem to be much left of this little boy inside the man whose mind she was in right now. A sharp pain shot through her when she heard the screams echoing through the dungeon but before she could even consider asking a question, Xavien already called forth the next memory.

Horrorstruck, she watched as Xavien was forced to destroy a planet that was flourishing with life, erasing thousands if not millions of lives with a terribly simple gesture, the stepping stone into a dark, unforgettable future with no possibility for the boy to escape. Though the most shocking part, for Siofra, was the fact that he seemed to enjoy it, seemed to bathe in the power growing inside of him and the ability to use it whichever way he saw fit – even ending lives without a notion of regret. With the passing memories, Siofra had to watch, helpless, how Xavien was tortured more and more by his father and his own repressed feelings, as he had to destroy planet after planet, learning to hate not only his father but despise himself for who he had become, almost nothing of the initial joy of being powerful having remained. A young man with too much power for his own good, too much power to be controlled any longer. Siofra gripped Xavien’s arm as she kept watching, her eyes glued to the memories, following every step of the young demon, and the wish to rescue the boy from his own faith was burning inside the half-elf, forgetting that there was nothing she could do – it had already happened many years ago.. How she wanted to save him..

With every new scene Xavien showed her, she felt the despair tearing at her more and more, pulling her into a dark, empty void of soullessness. It was eating away her resources and she let go of the demon’s arm to save her strength, or what was left of it.
Agony. Ever-growing agony and a crushing despair with no means of escape.
Silent tears were sliding down her cheeks, forming drops on her chin where they met before dripping down to the floor as she watched the last of the memories Xavien was showing her, the act of his father casting out his own son. His emotions were so strong! Her whole body was trembling and her knees felt like they’d buckle any second now, but still she remained on her feet, not in the least because in the meantime, she was standing so close to Xavien that his simple presence and the strength of his aura kept her from falling.

As Xavien’s aura retreated and thus released Siofra from its grip, she stumbled a little but weirdly, regained some of her strength, now that she was not connected to Xavien’s mind and emotions anymore, though the impression remained. Seeing all this probably had the exact effect on Siofra that Xavien had intended or at least hoped for. Her desire for vengeance seemed to have evaporated as if she had never had such a feeling in her life. The idea of being left feeling empty inside after having committed such an act, it was not something she wanted to experience for herself, even though she might never completely forget what she had just witnessed in Xavien’s memory. She still clung to the idea of finding out what had happened to her brother, she would never forgive herself if she didn’t at least solve the mystery of that day but she would reconsider eliminating his killer just for the sake of revenge.

She desperately wanted the demon to know how sorry she felt, sorry for him having to have to live through all this, sorry for him having to endure such a monster of a father - killing his own son’s mother, even thinking about it sent another shiver down her spine – and for so much more, but she didn’t know how to express it. She didn’t want him to think she was pitying him, it wasn’t quite like that. Nobody should have to live through this but she wanted him to know her feelings were genuine and not some meaningless flowery phrases. The aftermath of everything he had just shown her was still pulsing through her body and from the way his voice sounded, he was still lost in these horrible memories himself. Having been forced into doing what he had done, and this by one of the people a person should be able to trust most. Turning to face him when he was speaking of his kills, Siofra realised just how much pain this was still causing him, no matter how tough he wanted to look or how disgusted he wanted to appear, which he probably was, but it definitely was not all there was to it. On a whim, she leaned in, stretching to reach him, and made to caress his cheek but at the last moment, she left her hand hovering just a fingerbreadth from his face, hesitating, unsure of how he’d take it.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Back to top Go down
View user profile

PostSubject: Re: A most intriguing task(Kevvx X Eldarwen)   Mon May 10, 2010 8:35 pm

Xavien gave a heavy sigh. The room came back into normal view, the doors unlocked and such too. His form shifted and changed, seemign to reverser abck into the humanlike form from before he had became his demonic form. He looked awa from her a bit too. Just trying to forget all he had just showed her pretty much. He despised even remotely thinking about it, feeling like it made weakness where such weakness neednt be at all in him. He had known though, it would jsut be beneficial for ehr to see such things right then. In a weird sort of way of course. He hoped it would change her thought on things, and he definently knew he had made his point to her utterly. He knew whathe was talking about, he had been through alot more then he looked like by far, let alone could do more then he looked like as well, obviously, frmo what his Father had amde him do so many times.....

Xavien took hs time, but he looked to her ebfore long. Frowning a bit though, seeing her hand of course too. Surprised more then anything about that, what was she doing? He knew she meant no harm to him or anything, he wouldve been able tofeel such intent very plainly and see it. He wasn't too sure how to react to such either. Well most when he felt such feelings stir in his ehart he just left, and very quickly. But he felt a bit rooted there really.... let alone for some reason he ddin't want to go at all. She jsut had a very, very different impact on him then most did at all. Then any did..... Thus for once, instead of fleeing his feelings well, he kept there. Figuring he had made ehr endure soemthign a bit horrid thus... he could be fair, and try something new or himself for a change too.

He was in his thoughts though through htis too and bigtime. Wondering greatly over the ways this could go, knowing he could leave again.... then again he would have to soon and he knew it. But...what if he brought ehr with him? Thats if she even would go. Itd likely feel better to not be so well, alone.... then again, would it? Would such things be worth it to him? He just didn't know. so many unanswered questions that seemed to have no answer at all either, it was a tad bit frustrating. His feelings were frustrating too by far, indeed such a mix right then. A bit thankful in a way though, it softened the blow of his past by a long shot. "Im... sorry you had to see that, really....." He told ehr finally though, figuring silence was going to solve nothing for them at all. "I just... thought itd be the best way to prove I knew good and well what I spoke of with you, for you didn't seem to believe me. A bit strong of a method but, an enlightening one all the same." He said softly. "Though I despise... lookin at such too." He told her. Ahh yes it disgusted him and tore at him within really.....

((xp Multitaskin and replyin shouldnt be tone too much.))
Back to top Go down
Eldarwen
Admin

Things that I am :
  • Alarmingly Excellent
  • Minion of Monty
  • Thrall of Zay

PostSubject: Re: A most intriguing task(Kevvx X Eldarwen)   Tue May 11, 2010 9:33 pm

Moving a step away from Xavien again, Siofra kept looking at him even though he turned away his face so she could not see him. So much seemed to be going on behind the mask of his face, a lot of which he did not want her to see apparently. She could understand this pretty well, especially since she has been used to hiding most of her feeling and her thoughts behind a facial expression as well. It didn't change the fact that certain things were often very clearly stamped on her forehead but she knew well how to hide herself if the need arose. So, she wanted to give him his privacy and leave him to his thoughts until he was ready to talk to her again. Yet, only barely after she decided it would be best not to act on such impulses again, Xavien apologised to her, demonstrating once more that he despised it all and even saying so himself. Unable to stand the hurt in his eyes any longer, Siofra leaned back in and this time followed through with the motion. Her hand lightly caressed his cheek as she softly spoke: "There is no need to apologise to me. Don't despise your memories, for better or for worse, they are yours. They are who you are and you shouldn't hate yourself for being who you are. There's so much more to you than these memories."

She meant every word of it. He was not just a demon capable of destroying complete planets in the blink of an eye. No, there was another side to him. Exactly that side his father had tried so hard to repress and undermine, but nevertheless, it was still there. Siofra knew it was unlikely that she would be the one to bring that flame back to its full shine but she definitely hoped she could at least spark it back into a flickering. Withdrawing her hand, she gave him a little smile before turning her back to him and walking back nearer to the fire. Cold shivers were still sporadically running down her spine when she thought back to his memories, so the fire might help to prevent this as long as she remained warm enough. In addition, it was probably not a bad idea to get a tiny bit of distance to him. She didn't know what else was going through his mind but she herself was beginning to feel more and more like a vulnerable little girl in his presence.

Absorbing herself in her own thoughts, she tried to forget the stirring she had felt inside, willing herself to not let herself be drawn in any further. He'd said so himself, he has to leave everywhere he goes shortly after he's arrived and she wasn't sure... No, don't go that way, she scolded herself. But it did also raise the question of whether it might be possible to get rid of his father after all, but then she thought of what Xavien had just shown her and she immediately dismissed the idea again. She was not much for killing at the moment, even if it might mean freedom. Though she whispered: "Aren't you tired of running?" leaving the question hanging in space without waiting for his response, she felt the need to talk to him, make him understand why she'd desperately sought revenge. She would not be able to show him like he had her, but she could relate it all in words, thus she would try her best to paint the picture as clearly as possible. Sitting back down in the chair she'd previously occupied, she began telling her tale:

"We've always been different from one another, my brother and I. He was always the strong one, the one who stood up against people when they treated my mother as an outcast but I couldn't do it. I was afraid, afraid of what might happen to us if I stood up to the wrong person, of what would happen to me if I became like him. Often, I felt like he despised me but yet he doted on me like a father would on his daughter and he was always, always there whenever I needed him." She only briefly paused, lost in memories, before she continued. "The very last time he rescued me was when I was 14 years old and a gang of teenagers thought it'd be funny to beat up the little outsider girl with the funny aura they felt so uncomfortable around, who was different from them. After they'd backed me into a corner with no way out of there anymore other than taking the beating or having my throat simply cut, my brother suddenly appeared. He attacked them with such a rage that even I was almost afraid of him. But then he turned to me and there was such desperation in his eyes. He didn't say a word, but the look had said it all. He hated my weakness, my inability to fight, to hurt, to merely defend myself even. That day I stopped being the vulnerable little girl and became a fighter. My brother gladly taught me what I needed to know in order to be able to defend myself but that was it." Sighing, Siofra looked at the sword her brother had offered her on the very last day they'd spent together. She had never given it out of her hand and she never would. Pulling up her knees, she hugged herself, but didn't stop.

"My mother was against me stepping into my father's and my brother's footsteps, so we did it in secret. More and more often we argued. It broke my heart to fight with him but I so badly wanted him to help me, to be on my side. I was too dependent on him, for my own good. We both knew it and it's no wonder that the last words we spoke to each other were words of anger. But nevertheless, he meant the world to me and I would have done anything for him." Coughing, the half-elf had to regain her composure in order to continue: "One day, everything changed. He was called away and never came back. I still don't know why and who by but several days later, his body was found, mutilated..." A single tear crept down her cheek as she remembered the sight but her voice didn't waver. "Ever since that day, I've been driven by the need to find his murderer and to avenge my brother so that maybe, maybe some day I can feel whole again." Siofra then finally let the tears flow freely, silently, her head on her knees, her arms still hugging herself.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Back to top Go down
View user profile

PostSubject: Re: A most intriguing task(Kevvx X Eldarwen)   Tue May 25, 2010 6:52 pm

Xaviens' gaze flickered a bit, his thoughts by then were jsut very astray. simply this was far more then he ever brought up to anyone. It was almost troubling...why was he doing this now? This female before him just held usch an aura he supposed, it so drawing to his sensory. Far deeper of a reach then he had well, ever felt. Though his eyebrows raised slightly in surprise. Feeling ehr hand at his cheek..... her definently much closer then anyone ever got to him, without losing their life. He hardly knew what to even do about it. The really strange thing was that....he was quite comfortable with her so close. She wsn't at all alarming to be there. Her words the only calm thing in such a torrent of storm in his mind right then too.

He felt ehr hand leave his cheek, after what felt like an eternity though. im leaning back slightly, watching her carefully. Her words were very clear to him as well, even if it was barely even a whisper..... He shook his ehad. "Ive tried, believe me. Twice..... the damn fiend, as much as I would hate to admit it, has quite a bit of strength over me. The source he draws it from simply is too much for me to overcome. My last attemtp almost broke me beyond comprehension...... I had to leave before I was well, cleaved in half." He said softly. "I kinda learend then Vengeance was driving, but it could be too destructive a force to follow blindly." He gave a sigh, just watching her. With as gentle a gaze as he could muster right then too.

Though Xavien was a bit surprised too. Well hearing her begin a tale of ehr own. Though it seemed an upsetting one of course. His gaze never elft her eyes..... it rather detestful as he listened too. It tough to imagine such a weird family for most. Though Xavien had trouble imagining a true family at all, or even a friend. He had only really ever had one, but he was not someone Xavien would easily speak of. After all, the friend had requested to be kept a secret to most, lest they seemed trustworthy with such knowledges of course. That friend was also the only onet hat had bested Xavien, aside form his own Father. He couldnt help but feel a bit glad she had elarned to stick up for herself though. But really she didnt need to use such talents for what she did now either in his opinion..... then again he was not about to try and reverse such either.

Rather Xavien stood, once seeing ehr that upset. He stood at ehr side too. Well he was quite certain she needed some comfort right then, thus why not give it. "I agree that its good you learned to...defend yourself. However... finding such a being.... its a skeptical thing to do at best. For years have likely went on, many of them. for all you know it mightve been a human, and he liekly could be dead....." He gave a pause. "Though.... theres no telling. Such a hunt is so sporadic. I doubt your brother wouldve wanted you to devote yourself to such a chase either. Doubt he would want you to put yourself in such danger.... im sure he cared for you much more then to be one to throw his sibling out into blood and thunder." He said gently. He really hadnt a clue what to tell her of such things, her situation, in his mind, was extremely confusing. Whereas his was straightforward and just horrible really. Thus well, he could try to comfort her, but he didnt think itd be too much consolation. He hoped it was though truly.
Back to top Go down
Eldarwen
Admin

Things that I am :
  • Alarmingly Excellent
  • Minion of Monty
  • Thrall of Zay

PostSubject: Re: A most intriguing task(Kevvx X Eldarwen)   Thu May 27, 2010 12:36 pm

Hearing Xavien speak of how he had almost been broken by his drive for vengeance, she realised that maybe, just maybe, it was not yet too late for her. Yes, her need for revenge was a strong force but she had not yet found the murderer, so there was still a way for her out of this. Maybe Xavien had all along been right about it not being too late to change her ways. But she could not admit to herself that giving up finding the person and forgetting about revenge would make it all better. “Yes,” she simply agreed. “Too destructive a force, but I want to know, I need to know who did this and why.” The demon had taught her a lot about herself today, maybe more than he knew and she might be able to resist the desperate urge to seek vengeance by killing the bastard, but she still needed to find him. She owed it not only to her brother but to herself as well.

Siofra sensed rather than saw Xavien standing next to her, glad she was not alone. His simple being there made her feel a little better already. Through a haze of tears, she looked up at him, listening intently and absorbing every single one of his words. He was speaking the truth, she knew it, thus she at some point started nodding. She might never be able to find her brother’s murderer, for all she knew, the demon might be absolutely right in assuming that he’d have found his end by now, but could she really stop looking? Recounting her story had left her feeling empty like a void, but the mere hint of stopping made some of the despair come back. “You’re right, you’re absolutely right,” she sniffed, trying to cut down on the tears that were still flowing from time to time, “but I don’t know if I can do it.” Finally tearing her gaze from the demon’s face, the half-elf looked into the flames, her brother’s image flashing before her, Xavien’s words almost like a soft caress. “He did care for me, the only one who ever really did. That is why I don’t think I can do it, even if the need to kill that scumbag has ebbed away after your memories.” At this, she gave him a quick glance, so he could at least see in her eyes that she honestly meant it since her voice still sounded like she was choking back tears. “But we simply were too close for me to be giving up on this search. You might not understand this desire of mine but I owe him so much, I cannot leave this unsolved. Can I?”

Xavien had already sufficiently stated that he did not think she should keep going on revenge, yet she somehow wanted him to tell her that everything was going to be alright, that she was able to do it if she wanted to. It was ridiculous and inwardly, she scolded herself for behaving childishly and raising the same issue over and over again, not only in her mind but in what she was saying as well. She refrained from reaching out to him though, that was an even more childish thing to do and she refused to go down that road. Clearing her throat, she desperately looked for a way to change the subject, but no luck. There was nothing else in her mind except both their rather screwed up lives. “How long will you still be here?” she whispered. The thought had suddenly struck her as bits and pieces of his memories and what he’d said were swirling through her mind, and just thinking about how he might be leaving this place again soon sent a shiver down her spine.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Back to top Go down
View user profile

PostSubject: Re: A most intriguing task(Kevvx X Eldarwen)   Tue Jun 08, 2010 7:05 pm

Xavien gave a soft sigh as he listened to her. He kenw how that felt. He had felt so much of the exact same feeling toward his own Father. why had he tried to make an engine of destruction from him? Yet treat him and most everyone so cold-heartedly too? Thats not something you do to your own flesh and blood, demon or not. Most thought demons had no hearts and feelings. well they were far wrong. Thus Xavien culd hardly blame her, for wanting to find all this out. Let alone take the one out that had started it too. Though still CXavien knew diving blindly into vengeful feelings made a dark heart and mind. Which tended to be self-destrctive. It jsut...wasnt what Xavien wanted for her. Though he did sort of think she should carry out her purpose perhaps.

Xavien took his time in answering her. Trying to consider how to even do such. He didnt want to say things wrong-sounding to her. "No. You should get your answers, and perhaps finish what you started. BUT...... You neednt do such things for the wrong reason. Or with an impure mind and heart." He told ehr softly. "Such things are drawn in vengenace, and they can be the self-destructiveness of yourself. Or worse, twist you into someone as low as the one you're chasing." He told ehr gently. "If youre gonna really do this, you should go with a pure mind and heart.... You dont need to be drawn into the murky depths which Vengeance and anger can pull you into." He told her gently. "Revenge in itself is an awful pursuit. But knowledge for a pure reason..... is one anyone should chase." Je said to her. He half-wanted to pull her close and hold her. Yet he seriously doubted she would want that in the least.

Xavien was a bit startled at her next question. It not something he ahd ever expected her to ask at all. In truth he didnt know how to aswer it either. He didnt know when he should go, or when he would bef orced out of this place. He liked it here too, in truth he didnt want to go.... but finally he came up with an answer. Though his cheeks flushed a bit as he said such too. "How long do you want me to stay?" He asked simply. Well he didnt have any other reason to keep there. Other then her and his own comfort. Plus well, he figured if he was feelign these strange feelings toward who sat there with him, he might as well not ignore them completely. He kenw that just would make him bitter later or something of the sort. For he never expected to feel anything close to this......
Back to top Go down
Eldarwen
Admin

Things that I am :
  • Alarmingly Excellent
  • Minion of Monty
  • Thrall of Zay

PostSubject: Re: A most intriguing task(Kevvx X Eldarwen)   Tue Jun 15, 2010 3:32 pm

Sighing, Siofra listened to Xavien’s words, letting them wash over her conscience like a breath of fresh air. She felt better for him giving her his consent to continue in her search to at least find the identity of the person responsible for murdering her brother. She almost had to smile and was about to tell him that she wouldn’t let herself be drawn that low, but she wasn’t quite sure she had not already fallen that low, so she preferred to keep quiet. Some of the tension leaked out of her shoulders and the tears finally stopped flowing completely. Drying off her face with her hands, she looked back up at Xavien, giving him a heartfelt, grateful smile.

Though soon after, she turned away, blushing furiously as he answered her question with another question, thus not seeing his cheeks blushing either. Her stomach began to form into a tight knot and she was lots for words, unsure of how to respond to this. Had she caught him as much by surprise with her direct question as he had her now? On top of her own confusion by his reaction, she simply could not find an answer to it. Should she simply divert it all off into a joke? Or should she go ahead and tell him that she did care about him, despite only having met him a few hours ago? The more she thought about it, the more she felt her cheeks burn. “I don’t ...” then she stopped again, thinking about how she could put into words what her gut seemed to be telling her. “Just..” Again, she broke off. Shaking her head, she got up and started pacing in front of the fire, carefully avoiding looking at him, especially since she knew that she was still bright red in the face.

Then, she finally stopped running around like a caged animal and looked at him, eyes ablaze with the reflecting light of the flames and some emotion she could not quite define yet. So many unsaid things seemed to be pending between them now, because of such a tiny question. So many things where she did not know how he thought about them. Quite a few possibilities. She made to move closer to him but then stopped herself again, unsure of how he’d react, since he had already been so astonished when she’d touched him earlier. Maybe she was just imagining all this? Maybe he had his question meant in a very simple way without any implications whatsoever? “If you have to go, I’ll understand.” Great, so basically you’re sending him away now, she scolded herself. She gave a sad smile.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Back to top Go down
View user profile

PostSubject: Re: A most intriguing task(Kevvx X Eldarwen)   Tue Jul 06, 2010 7:20 pm

Xavien smiled a bit, looking upon her. He kenw how driving questions and vengeance could be. He wasnt going to tell her not to chase this being. But to do so with only utter hatred and the desire to kill... well that made ehr little better then who she was pursuing. He would rather ehr go in with a clear head and traight heart... she would keep her purpose in mind and be able to really make something of herself at that point. He had to wodner about ehr in other ways too though. In truth she seemed easily swayed into certain causes. he kenw that might be trouble for her later. If she ended up on the wrong sides on this planet, it could cost her and he knew it. He had seen those dragonslayers running around here. They were pathetic in Xaviens' opinion..... Why would someone want to go about killing creatures that majestic and powerful? They jsut bore too much meaning to these lands.

He kept his eyes on her, seeing ehr begin to pace and scuh. He almost wondered why, but figured there was a good reason to it. Probably many of them really... He frowned as she finally made a sensible answer. Which he chuckled in truth hearing. Shaking his head a bit. "I think you misunderstood the meaning of what I said. I have no reason to leave right now, nor anytime soon. Not only because of my own interests.... but well, because of yours too." He told her. "I think I could be of better use to myself here right now, let alone with someone like you to speak to and help out and such. I dont readily want to leave that behind now." He said. Biting back a ton of other thigns he couldve said of course. Tempting they were but... he didnt want to come on too heavy, he wasnt like that. This was very strange to him too, he never wanted to say or do such htings really. Yet she jsut pulled at him like no one else could really.

Xavien soon sighed a bit, and well, he sat down once more. to make his point a bit plainer. He quite didnt want to jsut up and leave ehr. not that day, probably no day soon either. He figured this would do him jsut as much good as it would ehr too. At least for a little while. For well, being by yourself for so many years, countless years to Xavien by this era... it got drab and it pummled the mind in all honesty. Thus he figured he should try something.... different for himself. It a stretch, but yet well, what did he have to lose by trying? Worst she could do is say no. Then he could jsut be on his way. Though he didnt want to jsut be on his way really, then he would just keep on this same path. Why not try something different eh?
Back to top Go down
Eldarwen
Admin

Things that I am :
  • Alarmingly Excellent
  • Minion of Monty
  • Thrall of Zay

PostSubject: Re: A most intriguing task(Kevvx X Eldarwen)   Mon Jul 12, 2010 1:20 pm

At Xavien’s words, Siofra’s cheeks flushed a deep red and she felt embarrassed to the bone. How could she have mistaken his meaning? Why did I have to interpret things that weren’t implied? She felt like a little girl, naïve, stupid and utterly helpless. Turning towards the fire in a gesture to heat her hands – which were not in the least in need of more warmth – she used the chance to avoid his gaze. It had been so long since someone had been genuinely nice to her in a way that she could imagine it to maybe mean more that she immediately thought.... Shaking her head, she half covered her face with the slight waves in her hair, staring into the flames yet again. She didn’t understand him. Neither did she understand herself at the moment.

She felt relieved though at his mention of helping her, if needed. It made her regain her composure a little more and she finally stopped pacing and turned back to fully face him. “Thanks,” she said. “It feels good to know I have an ally, should I need one.” Purposefully, she did not reply to him not wanting to leave those things behind as she did not know what she should say. In addition, she did not want to maybe misunderstand and feel like a fool yet again. She watched Xavien sit back down, probably looking him over more than she should for it to be still considered polite, but she couldn’t help it. Not only was he appealing to look at but also because she was still intrigued by how different he looked when he shifted into his demon form.

Calming her breathing, Siofra decided it was time to stop acting like an idiot. Leaning against the fireplace, she crossed her arms and cocked her head to the side. Thus, looking at him, she grinned. A little cheekiness wouldn’t hurt anyone and she was pretty sure they were both past the stage where they’d consider every word the other said for a possible insult or hint at wanting to kill the other. It was indeed curious how the situation had altered since they’d first laid eyes on each other in that run down little bar. They’d been ready to almost jump each other, each to land the first killing blow, and now... It felt almost comfortable. The thought made her smile. It was not only an ‘almost’ comfortable, but – left aside the fact that shortly before she had felt like a humiliated doll – it was indeed nice to be around him, not having to hide anything.

“Well? How about that dinner then?”

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Back to top Go down
View user profile

PostSubject: Re: A most intriguing task(Kevvx X Eldarwen)   Thu Aug 26, 2010 7:50 pm

Xavien simply sighed a bit and got comfortable where he sat. He couldn't faut her for making any such assumptions. Simply he knew how her life would typically be, thus... well in that kind of situation, one would have to assume alot and very quickly. She was probably right on what she assumed too most of the time. Though Xavien was not someone you could really assume much of anything about. He liked to keep it interesting and very different then others normally. so eah, trying to assume or gues his next move, typically wasnt something that was goingt o keep sucessful for too long with him. He knew she wasn't cold either, the room was pleasantly warm. But he was very patient at the time. Not in any rush, and in his opinion nor should she be. She probably never really got willing allies for herself at all, this might almost be a first for ehr in truth, so he thought. He could be wrong but well, he wasn't sure.

Her words of gratitude made him smile slightly. Well it felt nice to be banded with anothers' efforts on things. He ormally was all alone with no exceptions at all. Thus, this was different, and definently in a good way. "Everyone needs one, once in a while. Otherwise they pass in emptiness." He said simply. It not good for even the most vile, disgusting creature to go alone its entire life. Nor would it, given the chance. The intelligent and livin wanted companionship or a friend at some point, and well, they were no exception to those conditions. Watching ehr eyes gaze ove rhim so thoroughly, though he said nothing of that. She could look all she wanted in his opinion. Hell, he had looked enough already, though he wouldn't say anything of that of course, she had had her back turned when he looked sharp over her. No male could really resist such in the end, lest their attraction didn't involve a female of course.

Xaviens' eyes anrrowed a bit as she seemed to finally relax some though. It was about time... she definently could keep uptight a long while, good lord. Though he knew htere were reasons for that. But he was relieved to see she could set it all aside finally too. He had no intentions of harming ehr or killing her, or touching a hair on her head in any dark way at all. It not his style for this one. Why would it be? He knew she didn't have any intents of such things either. His eyebrow lifteda bit at her question though. They go from wanting to hack htrough each other, to her wanting dnner? Well that was interesting. Though nice too.... hell why not? "Well, at least you're straightforward on that one." He said with a chuckle. "but, how could I refuse someoen liek yourself on that?" He asked, standing again as well. Definently not about to turn down dinner iwth such a guest. Though he had to wonder... what the hell was he going to make? Or would she prefer going elsewhere for a meal? He really didn't care either way, he just wanted to be content and enjoy things a bit with her right then. It was a good, and necessary change, from the madness that kept on every day beforehand... and would likely continue after this day, or even during it. But with her around it seemed alot less of madness, so he was goign to enjoy while he could.
Back to top Go down
Eldarwen
Admin

Things that I am :
  • Alarmingly Excellent
  • Minion of Monty
  • Thrall of Zay

PostSubject: Re: A most intriguing task(Kevvx X Eldarwen)   Tue Sep 14, 2010 10:39 am

Siofra was still regularly surprised at the almost philosophical words Xavien spoke every now and then, revealing that there was so much more to him than met the eye. He definitely had had his share of bad luck, loneliness and everything that went along with it, thus he knew what he was talking about, probably better than anyone else she’d ever encountered. She did not doubt that one second. Indeed, during the short time she had now known him, she knew better than to question his judgement, even though it might be hard for her to accept at times. Yet, she nodded her agreement, everybody did need somebody, even if only once in a while. There was so much truth in that one little statement. Forcing herself to stop her eyes from looking him over and over again, she tried to steady her gaze on his face, his eyes. This shouldn’t be so hard, and she should definitely stop behaving like this.

Her grin widened at his reply, immediately followed by a blush again when he added the next bit. Inwardly, she scolded herself not to let these kinds of statements get to her, or at least not make it so obvious. When had she become so pathetic as to think that everything he said was a suggestion, when it clearly wasn’t. He’s just being friendly, that’s it! Now get a grip on yourself! Whatever it was she or they had felt before, it had just been in the moment, sharing memories and making yourself so vulnerable to someone is bound to hit a note but that doesn’t mean anything. Thus, she tried to coolly brush over it: “Sometimes, I have a way with people..” She winked at him, pushing away from the fireplace. Slightly gesturing with her hands, she smiled at him: “Since you’re the one who invited me in for diner, I’m going to leave the choice up to you. I’ll give you a hand, or I’ll come along if you want to go out, either way suits me.” Adding a lighter tone to their conversation might not be a bad idea after all the serious talk they’d before. Only now that it was over, the half-elf seemed to grasp the extreme intensity of it all. No wonder her body felt like she had run a marathon. How could one person be so extremely keyed up for so long? She desperately needed to ease up a little and the distraction of diner would probably provide the best possibility for this. Siofra already was more relaxed than only moments earlier but it was nothing in comparison to what she usually was like. Relaxed, composed, and most of all in control. With Xavien that somehow seemed to be impossible. She simply couldn't deny the weird hold he seemed to have over her, but that didn't mean she couldn't, wouldn't fight it. She should not let herself get drawn into this much deeper, otherwise it might leave her broken and that was something she could not afford. Taking a deep breath, she concentrated on calming herself more, all the while waiting for his decision on what they were going to do now. It didn't matter to her what they did anyway, as long as she wouldn't have to leave his company any time soon. Because no matter how much she told herself that she should be reasonable, she did not want to leave him now.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Back to top Go down
View user profile

PostSubject: Re: A most intriguing task(Kevvx X Eldarwen)   Thu Sep 23, 2010 10:06 pm

Xavien looked her over a couple times. his eyes weren't too intrusive..... He kenw how to be subtle with his looking. Realizing she held his mind like no other ever had really. He jsut didnt want to be away from her in almost any way. It was enxt to scary. Though he wasn't about to admit that. Far from soppy or anything near that. No, if that was meant to be, itd be felt and found in time. Though pairing with anothe rhe had enver gotten his hopes on. For well, his luck was ugly and he kenw it. IF he did, the chances of her ebign targeted and killed were fairly high. Which he by no means wanted. But was it preventable? Was there a way for it to work? He didn't know if it was possible. More surprised at the fact he even WANTEd to make it work with her. IT was quite a first for him in all honesty, a huge surprise to this already energetic day.

Xavien turned rather, picking his coat up aain. "We will go out. I dont foresee me cooking and you waiting for food being proper, not for a first go-around." He said softly. Hiding a blush himself... Turning instead to pick his sword up. Though he frowned at it.... perhaps... he would eb fine without this tonight. He set the huge blade back down. "Though I think I know of a place that you will like. I know I do... though I dont go there too often, considering im usually trying to keep subtle. But I think today we will be fine." He told her. Rather the palce wasn't too far away. He had a friend who worked the bar too. He kenw they would be served right. "Come then..." He said softly, opening his door. He held it to let her out then shut it, locked it tight. The door handle glowed softly for a second ebfore dimming. No one was getting in his home without doing some fierce amgics and breaking in very forcefully.

He stepped lightly, letting her keep pace. Frowning a bit however. "Ill admit though. Youre the first person ive ever taken out anywhere like this." He said with a chuckle. Hoping he wasn't a terribad dater truly. He doubted he would be. Females seemed to respond to a confident and level head, which he ken whe had those and strongly. So he wasn't goingt o sweat it. This was a great change from his normal time alone and secluded and tense... He hoped it lasted liekt his. At least hoping that they perhaps, would last to one another. Such a hope he ahd enver thought of for anyone ebfore either.... she was indeed, more intriguing in so many ways then anyone else....
Back to top Go down
Eldarwen
Admin

Things that I am :
  • Alarmingly Excellent
  • Minion of Monty
  • Thrall of Zay

PostSubject: Re: A most intriguing task(Kevvx X Eldarwen)   Fri Sep 24, 2010 10:02 am

Xavien was right, cooking up something together seemed like an act for people that were familiar with each other, closer somehow. It would have been nice but it would have been awkward. Though Siofra perked up her ears as he mentioned “a first go-around” – were there more to come? Blushing. again, she accepted and quickly turned around to get her cloak, not wanting him to see her beam happily in the prospect of seeing him again. Seeing everything else she had dumped along with her cloak, she turned around to ask whether they were taking weapons or not when she saw the demon put his back down and so she did the same, she left all her weapons behind. It was a first in a very long time. The half-elf rarely ever went unarmed no matter where she went.

“I’m sure the place will be nice,” she assured him, smile playing on her lips again. She really needed to rein in all the smiles she was throwing around the place, it wasn’t like her, but she couldn’t help it. The prospect of spending more time with Xavien had her smiling like a child at Christmas. She thanked him for holding the door open for her, a gesture she quite liked. It wasn’t all that new to her, considering that the people she sometimes worked for were rather wealthy and had their habitats swarming with servants. But this was gentlemanly and it impressed her. She patiently waited for him to lock his door and let him guide her through the streets.

Another smile spread over her face, followed by a blush at his confession. “You know..” The half-elf swallowed, butterflies in her stomach. “This is very rarely happening to me either. It feels good though,” she looked up at him shortly, searching his face. She wanted to touch his arm, and her hand lifted a fraction of an inch before she decided against it, uncertain again. He seemed genuine enough, but she felt exposed. This was simply a territory where Siofra lost her footing and it made her nervous and a little uncomfortable, yet at the same time, with him, it didn’t feel uncomfortable, despite the fact that her nerves were strung out and her stomach in a tight knot.

They walked in silence for a bit before Siofra tried to strike up a conversation: “So that magic of yours…”, she had noticed the way he’d locked his door with more than just a key, “how powerful is it? What can you do? I mean, besides locking your front door. Can you use it in battle too? Or for annoying daily chores? Though that would seem quite a waste.” She stopped herself, vaguely conscious of the fact that she was starting to ramble. As she looked around herself to regain a little composure and distract herself, she realised that this was a part of town she had never been in. Already earlier when she had followed Xavien, it had struck her as somewhat unfamiliar, so by now she was rather curious to see where he was taking her. With anyone else, especially unarmed as she was, she would have been very suspicious by now, but with Xavien.. Nothing much could happen to her, right?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Back to top Go down
View user profile

PostSubject: Re: A most intriguing task(Kevvx X Eldarwen)   Mon Oct 18, 2010 8:36 pm

Xavien treaded carefully, though relaxed. He kenw where they were heading, and after a couple minutes, and about 2 left turns, they were in front of the place. It wasnt anything too special looking from the outside.... Xavien did not like fancy places at all, they made him, well, nervous. Plus he would feel way out of place. Thus, this little place would ahve to do. It was nice enough upon entry though, a bit classic perhaps. Though they were seated quick by an intelligent-looking male, who had seen him come on. Let alone, with another. He knew what had to be done and was not going to disappoint. Though he ever only did serve Xavien, simply because of things between them from long ago. Xavien couldnt complain, this male was one of an extreme few who had never turned on him.

Xavien told the Keep to bring them some decent drinks merely for the moment, and sat back. Thinking on the question she had asked, it had played at his mind slighty... he wasnt sure if he should answer it simply. Though, he finally did. "My magic is mostly for smaller things. Though some is useful in combat. But most of it only donates to strengthen myself. I dont do projectiles and stull too well. Nor do I really care to learn that. As good as it might be to use.... I like combat to be more... personal." He said simply. "Though what of you? Do you use magical energies? Or are you all physical eh?" He asked. Well curious himself. She was half-elven, he knew her magics could potentially be... huge. Elves had much more energy then most creatures did. However, here wre a good bunch of elves who never learned the art of Magic at all.

Xavien sat up a bit once some drinks were brought... this would be a nice night most definently. Hoping no barfights broke out with him.... then again he doubted theyd begin, hardly anyone was there. He couldnt shake the fact he sort of felt like they were watched however. Although he shoved this back in his mind. Thinking it the lines of paranoia. Sipping at it, looking her over a bit. Such fierce beuty... he shook it away and sat the glass down. Intending to not lose her too easily truly. If he wanted to actually continue anything with anyone... itd be her. He knew this was going to be a very long stretch. However, he was gonna try and hold things together. Perhaps for once, it would work out for him. It was a good hope to think on right? He could foresee this going alot of directios. Hoping it was the better of the many though. Simply thign shad gotten far tiring and monotonous enough. It was about time for something good to actually progress on more then a half a day.

((Yeah its short. But eh, was tired of lettin this sit. lol))
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: A most intriguing task(Kevvx X Eldarwen)   

Back to top Go down

A most intriguing task(Kevvx X Eldarwen)
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next