Things that I am :
  • Dragon Hoarder
  • Short Poster
  • Platypus
  • Chatbox Spammer
  • Rebel of Rogue

Male Loveliness : 14

PostSubject: Pathless Traveling   Tue Jan 12, 2010 6:08 pm

((The setting is early evening, a few miles northeast of T4.))

Kimo, fanning her self with an intricatly designed cloth fan, watched as Komi set up two yellow tents. He had already finished one, a low, wide tent for him, and was quickly working on the second, that was considerably larger. He paused for a moment to wipe away the sweat on his forehead, half listening to Kimo speak. "One would think that it could be cooler." She said, fanning herself faster to make her point. Her twin nodded, his reply simply "Indeed Madam." He felt that he should point out they were very close to a desert, whichwere famous for being warm, but decided not to. It wasn't his place to say things like that.

However, Suji didn't think like a servant. She was laying behind Kimo, and rolled around, sighing. "You can't speak, madam. Your not wearing a fur coat." She wasn't really hot, she was used to it, but your not allowed to complain about heat unless your covered with fur. She puffed out a cloud of smoke, then roled onto her belly, legs tucked in to her sides. She looked at the packs near the first tent, wondering when they would eat. Komi took a quick glance at the dragon, then returned to his work. "Don't worry, I'm almost done."

Last edited by EchoingScreams on Fri Jan 15, 2010 3:03 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Tegan
Experienced Roleplayer

Things that I am :
  • ME Meercat
  • SR Salamander
  • DDC Dingo

Female Loveliness : 8
Location : In the meadow with the Cherry Blossom and the Willow Tree. ^^

PostSubject: Re: Pathless Traveling   Fri Jan 15, 2010 2:58 am

The wind rushed and blew, the air was growing warmer, and the air thinner. The pair, Tegan and her dragon Lyrian, were out wandering the world some more. Trying to get away from hussle and bussle of towns for now. Besides, Lyrian liked the open air, not being stuffed into small areas where she had to keep still until Tegan came back. Not that she would leave her dragon for a very long period of time. The two were hardly apart at all.

“Young one, should we go lower?”

The voice caught Tegan off guard, her mind snapping back from letting her mind soar as well as her body. She hadn’t realised that breathing was a getting a litle harder the hotter it got. She sighed and opening her eyes she focused through the rushing air on the back of Lyrian’s neck. “I suppose,” she said looking at the area below her. “Drop about a few yards down, and lets see what we can see. You’re looking a little tired, and a rest would be nice for the both of us.”

“As you wish, young one,” Lyrian said, a hint of amusment in her voice. She knew Tegan wasn’t tired at all, only looking out for her dragon. Lyrian and Tegan both watched the area below them. The green had melted away into a darker brownish color. They were headng towards a desert, and heat. Neither of their favorite things, but they hadn’t been there before, so they were looking to see what they could. “You sense that?”

Tegan ent silent for a moment, holding her breath, then laughed as Lyrian waited for an anwser. “Lyrian, you know I don’t have as strong as senses as you, so what is it that you sense?” As Tegan was speeking, Lyrian made a sharp turn, her tail lashing after them to steady herself after the move. They started heading towards whatever it was she could feel.

“Tegan,” Lyrian said with a hint of a smile in her voice. “I want to check it out.”

Tegan sighed, “Not that I can stop, besides, you know I’m into any new adventure you take me on.” She laughed and this was echoed by Lyrian’s laugh, and they saw the dragon, and they saw the two humans with them. “There!” Tegan said, and with a rush of wind and flapping wings, they landed just far enough away that the wind Lyrian’s wings stirred up wouldn’t knock down the tents that were being set up.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Aero

Things that I am :
  • ME Meercat
  • Alarmingly Excellent
  • Dragon Hoarder
  • Gold Hoarder
  • Troll
  • Medium Poster
  • Chatbox Spammer
  • Rebel of Rogue

Female Loveliness : 25

PostSubject: Re: Pathless Traveling   Fri Jan 15, 2010 3:27 am

The air high up was decidedly chilly, even so close to the border of the desert. Drifting along lazily on rising air currents, Leo soared, his eyes wandering the patchwork land below him with mild interest. Huge wings spread to full extension, he glided quietly through the sky, his only concern being where to bed down for the night. Casting a gaze to the horizon, he saw the sky begin to change color from the clear steady blue that it had been all day to a more yellow color as the sun sank toward the ground. He knew that from this height, the sun appeared higher in the sky than it actually was, and that on the ground, the shadows would be noticeably lengthening and the color of the sky tinged with pink rather than the mild yellows he was seeing. Banking slightly, he began to turn, looking for somewhere that appeared a comfortable place to stay.

Keen as his eyes were, he spotted a small group comprised of a couple of humans and a dragon. They were easy to pick out among the drab colors of the earth, seeing as both were wearing a bright yellow color. Folding his wings slightly, he dropped from the sky, controlling his dive with the tips of his wings. Though he had no idea who these people were, he felt like he should give their company a try. Leo was essentially a social entity, and he rather disliked spending his nights alone. Hopefully, his presence would be welcomed.

About a thousand feet above the ground, he pulled out of that sharp dive, noting that the air down here was considerably warmer than the altitude that he'd been cruising at. Resuming the lazy wide descending circles, he panned out his decent a few feet above the ground, red wings flapping hard as he flared and landed lightly on the ground, kicking up a good amount of sand and dust as he did so. Shaking himself to be rid of the chill that came with flying at high altitudes, he perked his ears up at the group, flicking his tail. "Evenin'." He called, taking a few steps toward the group. It was never a good idea to get too close, so he kept a respectful distance. Some people just didn't like having their privacy invaded.

He looked up with a mild sort of surprise when he saw the other dragon and rider pair land next to him, cocking his head. "And good evenin' to you too." He added, inspecting them as well.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Click Me!

Back to top Go down
View user profile http://seroph.deviantart.com/
Nyx

Things that I am :
  • ME Meercat
  • SR Salamander
  • "Nice Girl"
  • Gold Hoarder
  • Short Poster

Female Loveliness : 1

PostSubject: Re: Pathless Traveling   Sun Jan 17, 2010 9:41 pm

Pyre feeling the cooling of the sand around hin wriggles his way to the surface. The desert was not his prefered place of warmth. BUt as he looked around the sifting sands there seemed to be an absence of volcanos around.

Standing on his hind legs he gives his body a hard shake tryingt o dislodge all the remianing particals of sand from his scales. True he looked like a living peice of magma with cooling plates of lava along his head, back and tail. The fin that ran from his head to the base of his tail tries to catch the last bit of heat from the setting sun.

Lowing himself to all fours he yawns as he scans the sands around him and spots a small group with dragons and humans not to far away. Sitting he watches from his vantage point always warry of strangers.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://noxnightstalker.deviantart.com
Echo
Experienced Roleplayer

Things that I am :
  • Dragon Hoarder
  • Short Poster
  • Platypus
  • Chatbox Spammer
  • Rebel of Rogue

PostSubject: Re: Pathless Traveling   Wed Feb 03, 2010 6:56 am

At the sound of wingbeats, Kimo instinctivley looked up at the now landing dragon, not really noticing the girl riding it. 'Nice specimin.' She thought, not worrying about the danger they might be. Komi spared a glance at them, but his attentin was immediatly taken by the griffon. As soon as he saw it descend, a stream of questions played in his head. Is it a predator? Was it sent by someone?' While Suji just yawned and stared at the newcomers. She was too busy being lazy at the moment to really care.

Kimo stood and walked slowly to the newcomers. She gave a small curtsey and smiled at the girl that she just noticed on the dragon. "Godd evening. To whom may I be speaking?" Komi didn't go to greet the newcomers, it wasn't his place to do so, but he stayed wary of the group. You could never be too careful.

((Sorry it took forever to do.))
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Tegan
Experienced Roleplayer

Things that I am :
  • ME Meercat
  • SR Salamander
  • DDC Dingo

PostSubject: Re: Pathless Traveling   Wed Feb 03, 2010 5:45 pm

Tegan hopped off Lyrian’s back agilely. She first turned her attention to Griffon she’d landed next too. ‘Thought you only sensed a dragon,’ she thought to Lyrian teasingly. Lyrian puffed out a burst of chilled autumn air as she turned her head to watch her rider. ‘I was a little sidetracked by the dragon scent,’ she responded into Tegan’s head. Tegan stifled a laugh that would probably confuse the others. “Greetings to you,” Tegan said to the Griffon, which was followed by a nod of Lyrian’s head in greeting. Lyrian looked over the Griffon some more, interested in the creature, while Tegan turned her attention to the women who had stepped forwards.

“Good eveing to you,” Tegan said with a smile. Lyrian’s eyes changed from the Griffon to the women, and did a survey of the others. Two humans and the Dragon. Then there was the griffon as well. Tegan did her own quick look before answering the question directed at her. “My name’s Tegan, and this,” she said turning slightly towards her dragon, “this is Lyrian.”

Lyrian nodded her head again to this human and gave a dragon smile, “Good evening,” she said her eyes flickering between the lady and the griffon. “To the both of you.” She added.

Tegan looked from Lyrian back to the lady. “And who might we be intruding on?” she asked. In a sort of way she was also apologizing on just dropping in. After all, it was probably rude for them to have done that, but Lyrian did love meeting new dragons, and Tegan didn’t mind meeting new dragons or new people. It gave her a chance to catch up on things she might have missed, or just to enjoy non dragon company. Not that she minded Dragon company, but still, it was nice every once in a while.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Nyx

Things that I am :
  • ME Meercat
  • SR Salamander
  • "Nice Girl"
  • Gold Hoarder
  • Short Poster

PostSubject: Re: Pathless Traveling   Fri Feb 05, 2010 10:24 pm

Pyre yawns as he watchs those down below him. Running a rock grey hand along the horn along his nose as he thinks. To go down or not to go down that is the question. Pyre enjoyed meeting new people but he was very wary too. He has lived a long time and learned from many mistakes, especially when it came to strangers.

Shifting in the sand that was slowly melting into glass from the heat of his body. He lays regally in the shifting sands. Thinking of one way to make his presence known, he opens his mouth and yawns. The sound of it is like a blast furnace door being opened. The heat causing the air to waver like hottest time in the desert.

He just hoped he wasn't making a mistake again by letting others know he was there.
Back to top Go down
Aero

Things that I am :
  • ME Meercat
  • Alarmingly Excellent
  • Dragon Hoarder
  • Gold Hoarder
  • Troll
  • Medium Poster
  • Chatbox Spammer
  • Rebel of Rogue

PostSubject: Re: Pathless Traveling   Sat Feb 06, 2010 6:00 am

Leo watched the calm exchange of words, his ears flicking between the speakers as they talked. He nodded the the woman that had addressed him and the rider and dragon pair, absorbing their names for later use in the conversation. When he was spoken to by the rider and other woman, he made a slight bow as best a quadruped could, twisting his right paw over his chest in a formal gesture. "Gidlyiayaron is my name, though I'd be perfectly happy just being called Leo." He replied, his tone good natured. He couldn't exactly smile, since having a beak rather defeated the ability to do so, but did the best that he could with body language and tone of voice. He settled his wings on his back in a relaxed manner, feeling very little threat from the others. They were perhaps curious, maybe even concerned, but he was used to such reactions. It was not every day that a griffin dropped in on somebody, and the event had certainly caused alarm in others.

He examined the two humans thoughtfully, taking in their appearances. He'd noticed that the man hadn't spoken as of yet, at least not to the new comers, and he seemed to be some sort of man-servant, judging by his garb. Though, the two looked very similar, or as similar as two of opposite genders could look. He would venture a guess that the two were at least siblings, which made the man-servant question even more perplexing to the griffin. To add to that, he seemed to be the one with the dragon... surely being a tamer was supposed to hold some weight among human societies? Bipeds were such strange creatures...

Then came the dragon and elf pair. This relationship did not seem so complex to Leo. He had known many riders in his day, and knew generally how they operated as an inseparable duo, or at the very least, friends co-existing with one another.

His ears pricked up at a sound a little farther out into the desert, one that he didn't immediately recognize, but seemed to have been a sound he had heard before. Staring curiously, his sharp eyes sought through the darkening dusk, seeing the faintest shimmer as heat distorted the air around it. It was a concentrated spot, so he figured that it wasn't a simple trick of the desert sands, and began to see the form slinking about there. "Is that one with you as well?" He asked, nodding in the vague direction of the lava dragon just beyond the borders of the group's little circle.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Click Me!

Back to top Go down
Echo
Experienced Roleplayer

Things that I am :
  • Dragon Hoarder
  • Short Poster
  • Platypus
  • Chatbox Spammer
  • Rebel of Rogue

PostSubject: Re: Pathless Traveling   Tue Feb 09, 2010 8:46 pm

Kimo gave a small curtsey and smiled. "I am Kimo Sovrara, tamer-in-training and daughter of the Lord of Lightning." She turned to Komi, who had just finished setting up the tent and had stood up, and gestured for him to come over. He bowed to the elf, dragon, and Griffon, and spoke while still facing the ground. "Komi Sovrara, servant and caretaker of Kimo Sovrara." He returned to an upright position, looking at the griffon. 'What an interesting creature...' He thought. Kimo turned and gestured to Suji. "And this is Suji, my faithful dragon." The dragon looked up when she heard her name and nodded at the group. "Evenin'." She mumbled, then lowered her head again.

Kimo turned to look at who Leo had pointed out. In the distance she could see a dragon, and if she was correct, it was what had made that strange noise earlier. She had disregarded that as something normal, though. She turned to look at Suji, who had almost fallen asleep. "Suji," The dragon opened one eye and stared at Kimo. "would you be a dear and greet our guest over there?" She gestured with her hand at the dragon. The dragon looked from Kimo to the strange dragon, gave out a groan, then stood up and lumbered over to the other dragon. She slumped down once she was near and looked the other dragon over, yawning. "Evenin'."

Once she was sure Suji would take care of the other dragon, Kimo returned to her other guests. "Well, it is a pleasure to make your aquaintance, all of you." She wanted to ask why they had come to see them, but didn't ask. 'All things in good time.' She thought.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Tegan
Experienced Roleplayer

Things that I am :
  • ME Meercat
  • SR Salamander
  • DDC Dingo

PostSubject: Re: Pathless Traveling   Sat Feb 13, 2010 5:04 am

Tegan smiled at them as they introduced themselves. “Leo,” she said nodding her head to the griffon. She then turned back to the humans. “Kimo, Komi, and Suji,” she said nodding her head to each one of them in turn. Lyrian smiled a dragon smile and shook her head just slightly before mocking Tegan’s head bobs to them.

“Nice to meet you all,” Lyrian said a little more comfortable with the contact than Tegan was.

Tegan, being an elf, wasn’t too good with human contact. She reached up and brushed the few strands of her long brown hair away from her emerald green eyes, showing off the serpent/dragon tattoo under her right eye. Her hands were a little uneasy with where to go, and settled for sitting on the hilt of her sword, and the other hanging down.

As Suji lumbered away, Lyrian looked after her, and after a moment, she spread her wings, and looking at the group spoke, “I’ll be right back, I want to see who our guest is.” She flapped her wings, and jumping into the air, she was sky born and landed a little behind Suji looking over the lava dragon.

That left Tegan standing a little awkwardly in front of to humans and a Griffon. ‘Brilliant. Thanks Lyrian,’ she said into her dragon’s head. And in return she felt her Dragon’s smile. “So… um… odd question, but what exactly are you doing out here? This is sort of an interesting place to camp.” She turned back to the Griffon then, making sure that she was able to look at the woman, the man, and the griffon. “And I’m guessing I know why you’re here, to talk to people.”

Last edited by Tegan on Thu Apr 08, 2010 1:38 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Aero

Things that I am :
  • ME Meercat
  • Alarmingly Excellent
  • Dragon Hoarder
  • Gold Hoarder
  • Troll
  • Medium Poster
  • Chatbox Spammer
  • Rebel of Rogue

PostSubject: Re: Pathless Traveling   Sun Feb 21, 2010 2:06 am

Leo watched the dragon Lyrian take off after the other, Suji, before turning to the elf girl, Tegan, and grinning as best he could, settling down on his haunches now that all the introductions had been made and nobody had introduced themselves as poster criminals or the like. That was certainly the last thing he wanted to do; intend to spend the night peacefully and wind up having to uphold the law instead. Again, he noted how the dainty little female controlled the situation between the three of them, and thought it odd. Wasn't the dragon, Suji, the tamed of the male biped? Why then would she take orders from the tiny female of the group? He snorted again to himself mental. Bipeds were the strangest of creatures...

"You know my kind too well." He replied to the elf biped, nodding his head slightly. "It is a long lonely journey around the desert, and I would seek companionship where I could get it." He replied, turning first from the elf to the yellow clad pair and back so that all parties could hear him. They were all still a distance away from one another, which was fairly typical of separate groups meeting for the first time. It was only smart to keep your distance from strangers. "I hope that you do not mind my intrusion." He added, almost as an afterthought and offered the servant and his lady a small nod of the head that he hoped would express an apology on his part.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Click Me!

Back to top Go down
Nyx

Things that I am :
  • ME Meercat
  • SR Salamander
  • "Nice Girl"
  • Gold Hoarder
  • Short Poster

PostSubject: Re: Pathless Traveling   Tue Mar 02, 2010 12:36 am

"Evening." Pyre looks over the two dragons. He had seen pictures of Dessert Chaser and Autumn dragons before. If he remembered they where a rare-ish breed. "Interesting night don't you think? Usually the dessert is barren of living things. Especially thos who don't tend to dwell there." Prye stretchs and settles back into the cooling sand. He kneeds his claws intot the sands in hopes of getting at some of the remianing heat. Pyre looks over the two dragon's shoulders at the gathering at the tents. "I am curious to know why so many are here." He looks at Suji and Lyrian in turn.
Back to top Go down
Echo
Experienced Roleplayer

Things that I am :
  • Dragon Hoarder
  • Short Poster
  • Platypus
  • Chatbox Spammer
  • Rebel of Rogue

PostSubject: Re: Pathless Traveling   Fri Mar 26, 2010 8:43 pm

The elf's question was a very awquard question to answer to. How could they say they had practically run away from home? Kimo looked to Komi carefully, hoping he would say something. Without looking at her, Komi spoke to Tegan. "Madam Sovrara has taken to travelling the land, training her Taming abilities." He said, His voice not betraying the fact that wasn't the whole truth. Kimo smiled, thinking his answer was acceptable. That said, she then turned to Leo to answer him. "Not at all. It's always a pleasure to meet someone new." Could a griffon be reffered to as a 'someone?' Hopefully so, it might be rude to call it something else. Kimo turned to Tegan then. And might I be so bold as to ask why you are here?" True, they were hard to miss, and she didn't mind the company, but you have to be careful.

Suji nodded to the Lava dragon's statement, belienving it to be true. "Indeed, barren but for the lizards and insects." As if responding to a que, a desert fly flitted aroundher tail, earning a smart whack that ended it's short life. 'Pesky things.' She then craned her neck to look at the other group, sniffing lightly. "My humans are here resting, I cannot say why the elf and.." She fumbled for the name. "...Lyrian are here." She turned to Lyrian then, asking 'Why are you here?' with her eyes.

((SO sorry it took so long.))
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Tegan
Experienced Roleplayer

Things that I am :
  • ME Meercat
  • SR Salamander
  • DDC Dingo

PostSubject: Re: Pathless Traveling   Thu Apr 08, 2010 1:37 am

Tegan smiled. Indeed, she did know Leo’s kind. She’d actually settled a camp in a cave on a hill and had run into a few of them. It had seemed odd to her at first, but Lyrian had told her, they too liked to explore and meet people was much as a dragon, human, elf, or other creature would. It had made sense, and in the end, she’d become very keen of their kind. Snapping out of her mental thoughts, and listening to the rest of what Leo said.

“It can be,” she nodded in response. She knew that. On times when Lyrian went hunting for food that she could reach quicker without Tegan on her back, Tegan would travel alone, stay a few days in small towns, or simply practice her swordsmanship. “I can hardly stand it when Lyrian goes hunting. It’s nice to have the company.”

Tegan nodded as Komi spoke. ‘Simple enough,’ she figured. She’d run into a few tamers on her travels, and it had been fun to watch them. She never had a problem with tamers. They were good people, and a few she’d met were great people. She got lost in thought for a moment, before Kimo speaking now to her snapped her once more into reality.

“Ah,” she said smiling once more. “Lyrian could smell you’re Desert Chaser, and it’s been a while since she’d met any new dragons. I apologize for our sudden dropping in, but she is a very curious dragon sometimes.” Tegan laughed lightly. “We like to travel, so it’s not always that we talk to actual people.” She was relaxing slightly, but still, her shyness was perking through.

Lyrian nodded in agreement to Suji and Pyre. It was mostly barren here, but that was only knowledge from the small amounts of time her and Tegan spent here. “A nice night none the less,” Lyrian added, folding her wings to her back and settling onto her hunches, her tail lying in the sand behind her.

“I am here simply for the presence of other dragons. The elf, my rider Tegan, is here because she doesn’t like to keep me from meeting others, and although she is rather shy in the open, I think she likes to meet others as well.” She spoke in answer to both Suji and Pyre’s questions. And now it was time she asked one of her own.

“Well, as you now know my name to be Lyrian, and I know Suji’s name to be Suji, may I ask what it your name?” She cocked her head to one side, her eyes on the lava dragon. These two were breeds she had never meet before, and her interest in them was evident on her face. She was excited to be meeting strangers, and to just be sitting still. Not that she minded traveling and going new places, but sometimes, the end of the day was a great time of day.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Nyx

Things that I am :
  • ME Meercat
  • SR Salamander
  • "Nice Girl"
  • Gold Hoarder
  • Short Poster

PostSubject: Re: Pathless Traveling   Sun Apr 11, 2010 1:52 am

"My name is Pyre. It is a pleasure to meet you Suji and Lyrian." He dips his head to both as he lays in the sand. He enjoyed meeting others especially other dragons. His volcano could get rather lonely so once in a while he would leave it and travel around the island. Hoping to learn things and meet new people.

"So where are you and your humans travelling to Suji?" He glances down at the gathering of the two leggers.
Back to top Go down
Aero

Things that I am :
  • ME Meercat
  • Alarmingly Excellent
  • Dragon Hoarder
  • Gold Hoarder
  • Troll
  • Medium Poster
  • Chatbox Spammer
  • Rebel of Rogue

PostSubject: Re: Pathless Traveling   Tue Apr 13, 2010 12:48 am

"Honing your taming abilities?" Leo asked, his voice rising in pitch slightly at the question, one ear raising a fraction above the other. "I was unaware that it was a skill among you bipeds that had to be trained." His heavy tail thumped once on the ground, the tip of it twitching as his curiosity was roused. "I was under the impression that once you found a dragon the bond simply... happened? Tell me, how do you go about training this ability of yours?" Leo's face was completely open, displaying his blatant sense of curiosity. It is said that "curiosity killed that cat", and the griffin, having cat bits in his anatomy, seemed to have inherited the never ending pursuit of the fascinating bits of life. His ears were perked forward, waiting for either the man-servant or the small female to respond. Tegan's explanation of her presence went completely over his head, though somewhere in the back of his mind he registered her words.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Click Me!

Back to top Go down
Echo
Experienced Roleplayer

Things that I am :
  • Dragon Hoarder
  • Short Poster
  • Platypus
  • Chatbox Spammer
  • Rebel of Rogue

PostSubject: Re: Pathless Traveling   Tue Apr 13, 2010 8:42 pm

Kimo accepted Tegan's reason to be true, nodding. Many dragon species could sense it when another dragon is near. "Same with us, I'm afraid. And the villages we visit tend to be very dull in the ways of conversation." There were very few normal people with whom she could hold a conversation with.

Komi answered Leo's question readily, as he had anticipated that question might arise. "What you have heard is correct, sir, however there is much more to it than that, to us." He paused for a breath, then continued. "We not only befriend dragons, but study them as well. Were you to look in Ma'dam's room: which you shouldn't, it's quite rude, you would find records, sketches, and other forms of data colloected on the various species we have seen, be it from afar or up close." From here, Kimo continued. "In order to help dragons in any way we can, we must first know enough to help them. Do not preform surgury without first knowing what to fix."

Suji considered Pyre's question, closing her eyes and tilting her head slightly. "Here, there, everywhere, I suppose." She offered. "Kimo, the girl, my tamer, has said, once or twice, that she wishes to tame as many dragons as she can, some training or other, I believe." It didn't mak much sense to her. But, that's what she believed was the case with her companions.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Tegan
Experienced Roleplayer

Things that I am :
  • ME Meercat
  • SR Salamander
  • DDC Dingo

PostSubject: Re: Pathless Traveling   Mon Apr 19, 2010 8:04 pm

Tegan smiled at the humor of Kimo’s words. ‘How true,’ she thought smiling. She let her smile fade to be replaced by a thoughtful look. She was perfectly happy with sitting back and letting them talk. It gave her a chance to think over everything, and analyze the situation. She was learning from these peoples. Picking up behaviors and how they acted. Something she did whenever she and Lyrian landed. Tegan still hadn’t picked a side in the fight happening, but she used the way other’s acted to help her decide. These people were nice. They didn’t seem like the fighting type, so Tegan was at ease here. She did though, and her two swords proved that, along with her dagger.

Leo seemed more like the fighting type though. Tegan was slightly curious if he had a side. He would make a good ally if it came down to it. Or atleast, she was pretty sure that he would anyways. She blinked looking around slightly, while still listening to the conversation. Just in case she was asked something. Although, she let her mind slip more into Lyrians so she was more aware of what her dragon was doing with the other dragons. She guessed that their other watcher hadn’t been dangerous.

Lyrian shifted position as Tegan’s presence entered her mind. She curled her tail up around her feet and cocked her head slightly to the right, still watching both Suji and Pyre.

‘What is it young one?’ Lyrian asked into Tegan’s head.

Tegan did a mental eye roll but smiled. ‘You figure anything out about this... dragon?’

Tegan could look out through Lyrian’s eyes, so she was able to see that this Dragon was a lava dragon, interesting. She could also see that indeed, he wasn’t showing any signs of being aggressive. That was a relaxing prospect.

‘His name is Pyre, and he simply seems curious as to why so many in the desert.’

Tegan smiled mentally. ‘Ah, the question we all wonder. Seems an interesting place for so many to be centered around, no?’
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Nyx

Things that I am :
  • ME Meercat
  • SR Salamander
  • "Nice Girl"
  • Gold Hoarder
  • Short Poster

PostSubject: Re: Pathless Traveling   Mon Apr 19, 2010 9:33 pm

Pyre snorts and send out a puff of smoke from his nose. "Tame dragons as if we could ever be truely tamed." Pyre shakes his head. "I don't understand why humans would want to. There are to many of out kin out there who would rather eat a human then have one upon their backs." Pyre looks past the dragons and down to the gathering below. "I guess your master could be worse." He looks back at Suji. "You could be out here on the prowl to kill our own kind. It is not the first time I have seen that happen." Pyre kneeds into the sand to find some warmth.

He doubted he would ever let some be the master of him. Especially something so small he could pop it into his mouth and be done with it. He shakes his head and sighs.

"If your masters will let you be free of them for a bit I know of where there is a oasis full of game. That is if you are hungery."
Back to top Go down
Aero

Things that I am :
  • ME Meercat
  • Alarmingly Excellent
  • Dragon Hoarder
  • Gold Hoarder
  • Troll
  • Medium Poster
  • Chatbox Spammer
  • Rebel of Rogue

PostSubject: Re: Pathless Traveling   Sat Apr 24, 2010 8:59 pm

Leo cocked his head to the side, listing to the male's explanation eagerly. However, he couldn't help but laugh when the man-servant called him "sir". It prompted a bout of laughter that he simply wasn't able to keep under control, and ended up coming out as a strangely choked cross between a squawk and snort. "Please, don't use such formalities with me. I don't exactly fit your standard definition of a Sir, now do I?" He cleared his throat briefly, then sank down into the warmth of the sand, grateful as the heat began to wash away the rest of the chill that lingered in his feathers from his flight. "That is an interesting duty you've assigned yourselves." He managed to continue, hoping to smooth over his slight outburst. "I've never heard of tamers actually trying to study dragons for uses other than bettering their personal relationships. What do you hope to do with this knowledge?"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Click Me!

Back to top Go down
Echo
Experienced Roleplayer

Things that I am :
  • Dragon Hoarder
  • Short Poster
  • Platypus
  • Chatbox Spammer
  • Rebel of Rogue

PostSubject: Re: Pathless Traveling   Sat Dec 11, 2010 6:52 pm

Komi tilted his head slightly, staring curiously at Tegan as she lapsed into silence, wondering what she could be thinking about. Perhaps she is thinking about us? He thought, erecting himself again. With the talk of war, that must be it: she is wondering what we will do about it. More than likely, however, they would probably just stay away from any area affected by the war: They weren't out here to get killed, they were here to learn. But, he had no more time to think on this, as he turned to Leo and blinked. "Very well then, s- I mean, Leo." He cleared his throat and continued. "We believe in gaining knowledge only for that: we desire to know what we can of them, as they are very interesting creatures, as you could imagine."

Kimi smiled and continued where her servant left off. "Yes, there are many fantastical creatures on this land, but how many of them have such a diverse range of species? Which of them have owers that differ from breed to breed? And most importantly of all, why do they have the ability to not only understand us, but be able to speak back to us? Wouldn't you want to know how they evolved such interesting traits?"

Suji shrugged nonchalantly. "Well, taming and learning. to be honest, I only stay with them because they are interesting." She shook herself of the dust that had already settled on her, and she nibled at her shoulder calmly. "I could go, it is not as if the girl could stop me." She turned to Lyrian, waiting for her answer. "And what about you?"

((Finally posted after half a year! I am /so/ sorry for the delay, but I finally thouht of a way to make this interesting. It'll happen when the dragons are hunting, muahahah))
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Tegan
Experienced Roleplayer

Things that I am :
  • ME Meercat
  • SR Salamander
  • DDC Dingo

PostSubject: Re: Pathless Traveling   Sun Dec 12, 2010 6:21 pm

Tegan was quiet as she listened to the dragon's speaking to eachother. She was only half paying attaention really to the people who where in front of her. Although she caught the look that Komi gave her, and returned the glance with a warm smile. She blinked to look back out through Lyrian's eyes, careful to not let the dragon eyes appear on her face. She could do that to offer Lyrian to see through her eyes as well. 'So you want to go out hunting?' Tegan asked with an amused tone in her voice. She could feel the hidden excitment in her dragon.

'If you don't mind young one?' Lyrian asked back. Although outloud to the others she spoke a different tone. "I can go as I please," she said standing up. "Just let me go ditch the saddle." With that, she unfolded her wings and glidded lowly over to where Tegan had turned to meet her. Tegan undid the saddle straps with the bags on them, and let them fall into the sands. Lyrian nodded her head to her in gratitude and glidded back over to the other dragons. "Ready," she said flicking her tail slightly.

Tegan turned back to the others. "They're going hunting," she offered incase anyone was wondering. Then to Lyrian she added, 'Just be careful, and of course you know I don't mind.' She felt a smugness in Lyrian's head, and Tegan had to roll her eyes mentaly. She wasn't quite sure why she bothered. She knew her dragon well, so she knew there was no need to worry.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Pathless Traveling   

Back to top Go down

Pathless Traveling
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1