Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

C1 Racksom~~~~And then, there was War~~~~(5th Board)

Go down 
+8
Nyx
lastinginthenight
Echo
Taj
Tegan
Artemis
Aero
Zay
12 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 14 ... 22  Next
AuthorMessage
Aero
Aero

Things that I am :
  • ME Meercat
  • Alarmingly Excellent
  • Dragon Hoarder
  • Gold Hoarder
  • Troll
  • Medium Poster
  • Chatbox Spammer
  • Rebel of Rogue

Female Loveliness : 25

C1 Racksom~~~~And then, there was War~~~~(5th Board) - Page 6 Empty
PostSubject: Re: C1 Racksom~~~~And then, there was War~~~~(5th Board)   C1 Racksom~~~~And then, there was War~~~~(5th Board) - Page 6 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 09, 2010 12:09 am

The change from stoic wounded hero to quivering mass of pain was startling, and for a moment, Deos couldn't quite comprehend what was going on. Then she remembered that dragon creature's final words and the scar of Felren's neck, and her eyes narrowed marginally. "If I might interject, my lord." She said to Zartear, tapping the reigns of her horse so that it walked to Felren's side and stood there next to the huge battle horse. The one that she had grabbed was a standard issue infantry horse, nowhere near as finely muscled and built as the beautiful beast that Felren sat on. "Before the creature gave up its life, I believe that it cursed Master Pior with it's dying breath. A great hero he might be, but perhaps not for very long. If I may suggest something?" This next part she spoke to Felren, a kindness that she certainly didn't feel softening the sharp angles of her eyes and face. "In Kaionar, I know of a man that should be able to ease your suffering. I could help you in this. With your permission, I could take you to Kaionar for healing."
Back to top Go down
http://seroph.deviantart.com/
Taj
Taj

Things that I am :
  • Alarmingly Excellent
  • Dragon Hoarder
  • Troll
  • Long Poster
  • Medium Poster

Female Loveliness : 12

PostSubject: Re: C1 Racksom~~~~And then, there was War~~~~(5th Board)   C1 Racksom~~~~And then, there was War~~~~(5th Board) - Page 6 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 09, 2010 4:20 am

Felren let another agonizing yell out as he fell limp against the horses strong neck, god he was thankful that this horse was so big. Panting he suddenly heard a voice in his head, one that wasn’t the dragons and his eyes widened to show his surprise. It was bad enough listening to the dragon patronize him but now this thing was going to as well? I’ve done nothing to you, creature… Felren responded panting even in his own mind.

The dragon recoiled from the pain but his soul wasn’t something so easily touched, using the human’s soul as a shield he kept the brunt of the pain from himself. You take me too lightly unintelligent reptile. The dragon replied finding some satisfaction in this situation. The human would be far too weak to keep him from taking over without a problem but that also would be a problem if the weak lump of flesh died on him. Despite hating this body, it was his second chance to live and he had done so pretty well for many years now.

Felren looked to Deos with a pained expression as she spoke, why would she help him? The dragon never mentioned this woman. She could be useful to us, trust her but watch her movements for now. Ensure that man speaking to you we could be of no further use until this parasite is removed. The dragon hissed, keeping himself as far from the surface as possible. Felren looked to Zartear and forced himself to sit up on the horse. “I feel w- I am no long of use to you here, Zartear, until this thing is removed from my being.” He looked to Deos now. “If you are confident this man will be of use, I will take you up on your offer and then reconvene with you.” He looked back to Zartear once more,” in Kaionar for your next move if that is so your plan.” Felren offered his suggestion, thinking that it was the most logical move for him to make and if not, that Zartear would suggest something else. Felren the human was far more patient and willing to listen than his dragon much more suitable for dealing with politicians.
Back to top Go down
Nyx
Nyx

Things that I am :
  • ME Meercat
  • SR Salamander
  • "Nice Girl"
  • Gold Hoarder
  • Short Poster

Female Loveliness : 1

PostSubject: Re: C1 Racksom~~~~And then, there was War~~~~(5th Board)   C1 Racksom~~~~And then, there was War~~~~(5th Board) - Page 6 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 09, 2010 1:18 pm

Seeing the war starting to wind down except for the random skimish with the pockets of defendes. He pulls the pilfered horse around and walks it down the street and closer to Zartear. He would wait to see if their leader had any follow up orders for him and his archers. Seeing a soldier wandering around looking lk ehe needed to do something. He waves the young man over and gives him orders to go get the archers and have them man the walls. Spotting some others he had a group of soldiers start the prossess of rebuilding the walls. He didn't know if Zartear would totally destroy the city but just in case he wanted to us the city as a new headquarters on his invasion. He knew it would need to be fixed.

Faust irritated that he was dismissed so easily he pushs off the ground and with a flap of his wings he takes tot he air. With only a few more he lands on the top of the tower. He could feel the thrum of magic and life coming from within the tower. His talons dig into the roofing. Looking out on the city he wondered if he could use the humans and dragons around him. Could he use them like chess peices to his own enjoyment?
Back to top Go down
http://noxnightstalker.deviantart.com
Rogue
Rogue

Things that I am :
  • Alarmingly Excellent
  • Chatbox Spammer
  • Underling of Eldar

Female Loveliness : 69

PostSubject: Re: C1 Racksom~~~~And then, there was War~~~~(5th Board)   C1 Racksom~~~~And then, there was War~~~~(5th Board) - Page 6 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 09, 2010 5:36 pm

Static looked up from her side as the shadows around her suddenly disappeared, no longer hiding her from her opponents. She had heard the scream of more fighting where the three dragons and human rider were, but assumed that they weren't attacking each other- Unfortunately for her. Although, one of the card dragons had been injured, which would make things easier fighting- No more simultaneous attacks.

As the larger lightning strike dragon advanced again, knocking over his rider- Foolish beast- Static backed away down the street. The card dragon was obviously the smarter dragon; he was using his strange magic now, not attacking directly. Static was still at a great disadvantage, she knew. She needed Surahn backup now.

Expecting another attack, Static conjured up a small shield over her broken ribs to protect them from further damage. It split her concentration, but she'd rather not have a punctured lung, or worse, squashed completely if the black and violet dragon attacked her in the same way again. At least her human opponent looked as good as harmless, waving his sword back and forth like he was swatting flies. Static didn't dare to look behind her to see how far there was 'till the end of the street, not if there was anyone behind her. If there was, she was hoping it was one of Zartear's men, not one of the DDC- Hopefully most of them had honoured the retreat that had been called- Although these stubborn dragons weren't, so who knew?
Back to top Go down
Artemis
Artemis

Things that I am :
  • ME Meercat
  • SR Salamander
  • DDC Dingo
  • Alarmingly Excellent
  • Dragon Hoarder
  • Troll Fanatic
  • Medium Poster
  • Chatbox Spammer
  • Really Too Kind
  • Rebel of Rogue

Female Loveliness : 73

PostSubject: Re: C1 Racksom~~~~And then, there was War~~~~(5th Board)   C1 Racksom~~~~And then, there was War~~~~(5th Board) - Page 6 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 09, 2010 5:53 pm

Jaden watched as the storm dragon advanced, then he himself began to stalk forwards. Something appeared voer Static's injury. It was light greenish, and flickery-a bit like mist, more visible in some places than others. He narrowed his eyes at it suspiciously, but continued prowling towards the woman. His paw flashed out and swiped at her, and he tried not to stretch his stomach. He then darted to the side and glanced over at the lightning storm dragon, seeing if he wanted to take the space. He kept up his attack on the woman in green all the while.

Armeno nodded at the woman's explanation of the stones, then sighed quietly and slid off his horse at her desire to kill the Surahnians.
'Obviously the point is to kill Surahnians, assuming they're the rebels, but wouldn't it be a good idea to find some others still fighting and make a plan? I mean, we won't have much support if we just march blindly in, what with the call for retreat.' He glanced nervously at Talos; he may not be under the avain's command, but he was still disobeying the order to retreat.

ooc: Sorry, for Armeno's part just imagine it's after Monty's post....

Last edited by Artemis on Fri Dec 10, 2010 9:35 pm; edited 3 times in total
Back to top Go down
Monty
Admin
Monty

Female Loveliness : 11

PostSubject: Re: C1 Racksom~~~~And then, there was War~~~~(5th Board)   C1 Racksom~~~~And then, there was War~~~~(5th Board) - Page 6 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 09, 2010 6:18 pm

From what he could see, the Tribal battleblood was preparing another attack, which looked like it would turn out to be an onslaught of flames. But before Silverwing could even think about countering the attack again, the beast seemed to have a complete change of heart, as if something had distracted it. Within moments, it changed direction and flew away, set on finding someone, or something.
Silverwing had every intention on flying after it and stopping it from going further into Racksom to cause anymore damage. But as he moved only slightly, the adrenaline in his body became apparent that it had come to a stop, and pain engulfed him. A searing burning sensation ate away within the large, deep cut on his shoulder, and practically all over his body, he held gashes from where the Surahnians had hacked away at him from those few moments where he crashed. His wings were folded awkwardly against his body, but that wasn’t the worst of it. When he had crashed, his left shoulder had taken most of the impact, and the pain now was beyond belief. He didn’t even dare to look at it and see what damage he had done. It had been a long while since he had been in a state like this…a very long time.
He looked around the battlefield, since he had been too occupied to take in everything until that moment. The sight he saw almost overwhelmed him more than the pain. Even though he had expected it, he couldn’t quite believe that the Surahnians would have advanced to the city this quickly. That was it, it had gone too far.
Spreading his wings, and fighting against the pain, he took to the skies once more. Everything around him seemed to blur out of his vision as he set his gaze onto one thing.

As she plowed through the Surahnians, Sandy felt someone’s hand on her shoulder. She turned around in haste to find herself looking at the elf from before. “No,” she said through gritted teeth, “but I’d rather die than not try to help.” Heartbeats later, she turned again to watch from a distance as her dragon took to the skies again. She sighed in relief. He was safer up there than any dragon would be grounded. And the fact that he could still fly proved he wasn’t in such a bad condition as she had first thought. But the crash before hadn’t been good…
Her thoughts were interrupted as the elf spoke again. She twisted her body in order to look him in the eye. The question wasn’t what she had expected to hear. So even some of the elves didn’t know what was going on? Maybe that was why they were losing, because some of the warriors didn’t have a clue what they were fighting for. She was angry, but knew it wasn’t his fault. At least he was fighting, and fighting for a good cause at that. She was only angry at the man behind all of this.
“There are five stones on this isle.” She began, “all of which keep everything in harmony. Each of these stones possess a great power, and shouldn’t be messed with. One man, Zartear, is leading an army into Racksom to take one of the stones as his own. If he succeeds, then he will be far stronger than he is now, and we can’t let that happen. If he manages to retrieve them all, then the future plans for this island won’t be good.” She had to refrain herself when explaining what was going on, in fear she may crack with anger. “We need to kill this man.” She said finally, not sure if Armeno had heard her. But then she shook her head and cleared her mind. “Pleased to meet you, I’m Sandy. Now lets go kill some Surahnian twats.”
As she spoke, she saw a flash of wings from the corner of her eyes. She turned just in time to see a man –who had obviously been involved in the battle because of the wounds he bore- descend from the sky. The elf, Armeno, seemed to know who he was, but she didn’t. She opened her mouth to speak, but at that very second, a sudden rabble of men appeared from around the corner. Within seconds, they were upon them, axes slashing and swords cutting through the air.
Sandy barely had time to deflect a metal blade that headed for her face. She ducked underneath the blow and jabbed her own sword into the man’s stomach. They were surrounded.

Last edited by Monty on Sat Feb 05, 2011 5:20 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
https://dragonscove.darkbb.com
Eldarwen
Admin
Eldarwen

Things that I am :
  • Alarmingly Excellent
  • Minion of Monty
  • Thrall of Zay

Female Loveliness : 68

PostSubject: Re: C1 Racksom~~~~And then, there was War~~~~(5th Board)   C1 Racksom~~~~And then, there was War~~~~(5th Board) - Page 6 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 10, 2010 11:48 am

Siofra was coughing and gasping for air at the same time, thus enforcing the pain that was rushing through her body quicker and stronger than any adrenaline rush she had ever felt. Multicoloured spots began dancing in front of her eyes as she was desperately trying to move or just do something to get herself out of her current situation but she couldn’t. The man was straddling her now in what seemed like a deathgrip and she still could not breathe properly, her nose now filled with the dirt from the ground. However, she did not even blame the man, she could not. She understood fully that the need for revenge, the need to ease the pain that was filling his heart was screaming for release, even though this might be a wrong move, maybe the worst he could make. She knew this feeling all too well. She had thought she had lost it, had gotten rid of it, all thanks to Xavien, but when she had thought she had lost him, it had come flaming back into life, brighter than before.

It was at that moment, as the thought of him went through her mind that she suddenly heard a hiss in the air, not even a heartbeat before the man on top of her began screaming in pain, immediately followed by the clink of metal hitting metal and weapons clattering to the floor. Not long after, she could hear someone rushing towards them and throwing the man off of her back in one swift movement. That voice... Could it be? Xavien! Siofra desperately wanted to say something but the effort sent her coughing even more, though the weight being lifted off her back she could finally attempt breathing. As she heard the sound of a sword being unsheathed, she forced herself to roll onto her back, her eyes desperately searching for him. The one she had been waiting for, searching for. The one she had thought lost to her forever..

She was sure she was going to be too late, that she could not stop Xavien from doing this but still she tried, though only a hoarse “Don’t!!” escaped her throat. She did not want him to kill, not like this. Oh my god, don’t do this! she kept thinking over and over but she could not say it, being thrown by yet another cough. At least her lungs were finally, slowly but steadily, beginning to fill with air again, which was a good sign, despite the pain in her body seeming to increase by the second.

The tribal battleblood did not like this turn of events and he did not care for someone entering his territory, tribal or other. Xaoc had claimed Racksom as his own to ruin and devastate as he saw fit and he would not tolerate anyone else invading his space, even if it was to fight along his side, to share the energy that was spurring the dragon on. Growling, Xaoc slowly circled over the city, drawing his rings smaller and smaller, picking up humans and other here and there, until he spotted where this being seemed to be, whatever it was. The bloodlust and the thrill of the freshly spilled blood already seemed to be receding in this one, clearing the way for agony more than anything else it seemed, making Xaoc wonder what was going on. A real dragon would be able to hold on to such tender feelings much longer than this. The battle was not even completely over yet, though the tribal battleblood could feel its end drawing near, and the more the people underneath him seemed to be fleeing, the more his anger was beginning to turn into disappointment and frustration. It was ending too soon and he was by far not satisfied with the amount of blood he had spilled.

Spiraling closer to a group of people underneath him, he could detect the presence of some dragonic form though there was no dragon to be seen. Only humans, but he could feel the energy, the flow of evil blood, and this in particular disgusted Xaoc. How come a petty human would pulse with the presence of such a majestic creature as a dragon, and a tribal battleblood on top of it. It was repulsive in every way. Growling, Xaoc circled, flames still licking around his lips and exposed teeth. He was contemplating burning the whole group to ashes though he decided against it. He wanted to find out who this being was, petty human or not, as it had the blood of a dragon in it after all. So Xaoc turned away again, the anger and hatred churning in his blood and he finally released the flames he had been holding back for quite a while now, setting aflame a flag on one of the middle towers of Racksom, ripping the flagpole out of another one with his claws. Chunks of stone were sent flying as the massive dragon rammed his claws and the flagpole against the edge of a third tower. This blasphemy would have to be repaid! Xaoc would keep an eye on that human or whatever it was, the proximity of this being was setting him on edge and he could not stand to feel its presence any longer. Roaring, he sped off, throwing the pole into a mass of people gathered by some gate or other, before he sped off into the decreasing darkness, leaving behind him the ruined city and the battlefield that was now growing colder and colder almost by the minute. The heat of the kills was still pumping in his veins, but the combat zone was growing less frenzied, the cry of battle was beginning to ebb away. It had stopped calling to Xaoc, so the dragon retreated, knowing that this was not the end of the war. More battles would follow and he would soon be able to rise again and he follow not only the scent of blood and devastation but he would pursue this profane little creature and put an end to it if necessary.

Back to top Go down
Echo
Experienced Roleplayer
Echo

Things that I am :
  • Dragon Hoarder
  • Short Poster
  • Platypus
  • Chatbox Spammer
  • Rebel of Rogue

Male Loveliness : 14

PostSubject: Re: C1 Racksom~~~~And then, there was War~~~~(5th Board)   C1 Racksom~~~~And then, there was War~~~~(5th Board) - Page 6 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 10, 2010 2:53 pm

Kagan smiled: This guy knew what he wanted. Too bad all he had to work with was a pair of spears, but he seemed like he would do well enough. "Kagan, yer Highness." He answered as he turned away from the man, clambering his way up the dragon's side and looking around: He now realised tht they could have been in a lot more touble without these strange creatures fighting off the guards, though they dissapeared as the shield continued to fail. But he gave them no pity at thier demise: Nothing was left of them to mourn, and he wasn't at all sure they were truly alive. And, as he watched the last of them dissapear as the dragon he rode tok off, he only had one thought of the creatures: I bet they wouldn't get airsick. After this thought, Kagan turned a slightly sicker shade of green, and only through sheer willpower and pride prevented him from losing his luch on his ride.

"Dandy, friend, but would'ya mind speedin' up? I need to, ah, visit my good friend the tree."

((Short, sorry, but it was all I could think of.))
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: C1 Racksom~~~~And then, there was War~~~~(5th Board)   C1 Racksom~~~~And then, there was War~~~~(5th Board) - Page 6 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 10, 2010 11:05 pm

Kevvile just giggled at the efforts of the ones he was igniting pain within. Ahh yes the Dragon soul was resourceful. But it failed to realize Kevvile really didn't care about who he hurt while in this body. He was going to carry out his purpose, and continue at both of them. Until Kevv saw fit to Relinquish him. Kevvile giggled within, listenin to the response of the human Felren, hearing the ones outside too. He found it quite appealing that he was driving Felren out of duty so quickly to o be cured. They were going to ee extremely quickly that curing of him was not going to be a simple task oh no. In a way he hoped they did pry him out somehow. Well if they did the bond to this body would vanish. Kevvile would become his own being, able to make his own path...

He wondered where they were going to try to force him out though. He kept a loose grip within Felren for the moment, waiting, watching, wondering about alot of things. ~I dont care if you did it.... if it wasnt you it was the one within you, youre both the same being, therefore you BOTH pay the price!~ He snarled. Fair it might not be, but Kevvile had no other option with it. For one to suffer, the other had to. Thus, they both were going to feel it. They both were going to experience utter torment, until he was no longer there. Or until they died of course. Though Kevvile ahd no plans on letting Felren die...

Xavien growled, the blade swung very quickly. However he heard Siofra scream something.... His conscious kicked him in the brain too. She didnt want him to do this? why not? His blade stopped a hairs' Breadth from the males' shoulder and neck. Xavien instead quickly rethough turning the blade. Whacking the head of the male with the flat part... well knocking him cold, rather then killing him. He took a few moments to think on that. Was this wise? Perhaps it was. He wanted to keep neutral, and killing anyone directly would probably put him on a side at this point. He sheathed his blade again, rather turning to face who he had came here for in the first place.

He knelt beside her, dusting her off some too. "Damnit what am I gonna do with you eh? Took me next to forever to find you..." He said softly. Helping her to her feet. "But what are you doing out here? I think youre doin it a bit wrong...." He told her softly. He kenw she was not on the right side, not in the least. No... if they ahd Kevv on the other side, he kenw which side was righteous. Simply Kevv would never help anyone wit a vile heart.... With Kevv killed too he knew soon, hel was going to break loose. Probably Kayoss would come, and others. It was going to be a mess. "Lets get the hell out of here at any rate....." He told her gently. "Last place I need to be is somewhere thats gonna ahve people attackin me." He told her softly. Wondering where to take her and himself, he still had no good home for himself. Not after having to leave that one city he had been in...
Back to top Go down
Tegan
Experienced Roleplayer
Tegan

Things that I am :
  • ME Meercat
  • SR Salamander
  • DDC Dingo

Female Loveliness : 8
Location : In the meadow with the Cherry Blossom and the Willow Tree. ^^

PostSubject: Re: C1 Racksom~~~~And then, there was War~~~~(5th Board)   C1 Racksom~~~~And then, there was War~~~~(5th Board) - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 11, 2010 4:53 pm

Mask growled as his target got a shield for defense. "Well, that wasn't very nice," he spoke softly to himself. Although his tone held good humor the look on his face, under the mask, was one of irritaton. He watched as the dragon and goblin got the man on the pole away, then turned around to glance out at the fighting. Was he actually going to be any help here? He truely had to think of that one. They were retreating, he could hear the calls, and see them moving back. Perhaps... they might need a little more help after all? Crawling lowly to the edge of the roof, Mask was distracted slightly as two dragon's hurtled out of the sky to hit the ground. That didn't look like it was a good thing. He bit his lip and moved towards the north. They way the people were moving. Finally standing, he lept to another roof, glad that the one he had origionally landed on wasn't made of anything flamable. He could see the smoke rising from the streets where the fire was trying to consume the houses.

Mask treked backwards, finding the smoke useful in hiding himself as he did so. When he got closer to a group of looking like illtrained boys, he whistled once, then gave a higher one. Sorrahkin knew the whistle, and while he figured that the horse had already escaped, he waned to be safe. When he got behind the group, he dropped down with a soft click of metal. One of the boys spun and with an illtrained sword skill trying to aim for Mask's arm. Mask simply grabbed the kids arm and spun the sword the other way. With his other hand he put his bow on his back. "Peace," he said to the boy who relaxed a little. "Not here to harm, here to help." The group kept running towards the nother gate, and Mask could see that the forces already there were fending off stray men from the opposite side while they tried to get through. When the group he was running with made it to the gate, he spun around, his sword pulled from it's hilt and started slashing at whoever and whatever came close to him. He had to keept muttering Peace every once in a while, incase someone would try to attack him from the side he was trying to help.

~~~~~~

Tegan felt the girl's blade cut at her side once more, and though she twirled away from it cutting her skin, the girl had gotten smart this time and aimed lower, towards her legs. The girl had hit this time, running the blade down the side of Tegan's calf, the pain and the pressure on her leg caused Tegan to stumble and land on her knee. She growled under her breath as the red liquid spilled from her wound. She could hear the calls now though, DDC was retreating. 'Lyrian!' Tegan called into her dragon's head. 'Time to go!' She stalled now, on the defensive. She got herself back to her feet, now only focusing on parring the attacks from the girl.

Lyrian ducked another attack form the bladed tail and shot a breaths of fire towards the beast. She heard the call from Tegan, and could feel that her rider was hurt. Letting out a dark roar, Lyrian spun quickly, making sure to watch the dragon behind her. She used her quick speed and agility to get out of sight, then turned towards Tegan. 'Get ready,' she responded to her rider. When she was sight of Tegan she kept her speed as the elf jumped into the air. Lyrian caught her and used her tail to pull her up onto her back. When Tegan was settled they turned towards where the others where retreating, but Lyrian and Tegan caught sight of Talos heading the other way.

'Follow him,' Tegan said suddenly as she looked out towards where he was going. Lyrian huffed and spun quickly. Tegan wasn't sure what help they could do, but if they were able to keep the other forces from advancing any farther, or even help to be a distraction, then she was happy. Lyrian let out a blast of fire as they flew, aimed towards the streets. The DDC was retreating now, it was easy enough to see friend or foe. She watched the men burn as the fire fell on them from the sky, and Tegan was on her back, using her twin swords to deflect arrows heading for Lyrian's wings. The pair may have been distracted thusfar, but Tegan would be damned if she didn't get to help some way. Lyrian slowed the breath of fire as they got close to Talso, and Tegan could see two others surrounded down below by the Surahnian forced.

"Need a hand?" Tegan called out as Lyrian shot a breath of fire at the oncoming men who were behind the ones currently engaged in the fight with the two DDC that were there.
Back to top Go down
Zay
Admin
Zay

Things that I am :
  • SR Salamander
  • Medium Poster
  • Platypus
  • Chatbox Spammer
  • Minion of Monty
  • Underling of Eldar

Female Loveliness : 62

PostSubject: Re: C1 Racksom~~~~And then, there was War~~~~(5th Board)   C1 Racksom~~~~And then, there was War~~~~(5th Board) - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 11, 2010 8:54 pm

"Is that so?" She had opened the gates? He had a million reasons to challenge her motives, but as of now there was no immediate danger about her.
He would have to watch his back with both of them though, ever since he had come to this island the magic played strange tricks with the people and made for some deceptive, intelligent characters. Exactly the kind you didn't want for pacifying a people.
Still, had it not been for her (assuming she even did it) he might have lost many more men, which in turn would slow his campaign.
To that end, he owed her some thanks even if he wasn't prepared to turn his back.
"You have my gratitude." he said, flatly, analyzing her still, that was until Felren was pretty much bent double on pain.
Part of Zartear recoiled from the sudden change in the man, like his energy had quite simply shrunk away from him and left the shell of an agonized boy in it's place, nothing like he had been a moment before. But he said nothing of the sudden change, simply making this something to note in his mind, as if the sudden change was meant to happen the moment the woman had spoken.
Like a well rehearsed play, intended even. But one look at the pain that ground up on the man's face proved this otherwise. It was the fade of the energy that surged in battle, surely, because that was when the pain returned to the bearer, it was the only ordinary reason he could think of.

"A bit hasty to to be rushing off to the desert don't you think? We have plenty a healer here, I don't see what the issue is...the man is battle scarred, nothing more."
Not even Zartear fully believed that, but that'd have to wait. He didn't simply want the two of these sloping off so soon after performing some heroics on the battlefield, it piqued his interest and he smelt a foul waft of insincerity.
"Rest assured, Felren will be fine here. He is now of a priority...Besides," He then turned another lance of attack on the woman.
"What does it even matter to one as yourself?" He sighed, readdressing Felren.

"I won't attempt to stop you, but I think you should know. It is a 3 week journey or so to Kaionar on horseback, 2 months assuming you don't stop, but for rest, on foot. Your best choice would be to stay here...The choice is yours, and should you still want to go then I am sure Captain Hadanna and some of the men under his command would be happy to accompany you."

If anything, so you're never far from my sight.
Back to top Go down
http://www.google.co.uk
Eldarwen
Admin
Eldarwen

Things that I am :
  • Alarmingly Excellent
  • Minion of Monty
  • Thrall of Zay

PostSubject: Re: C1 Racksom~~~~And then, there was War~~~~(5th Board)   C1 Racksom~~~~And then, there was War~~~~(5th Board) - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 12, 2010 6:23 pm

Atleon nodded in response to the two names that were given to him and quickly followed the goblin’s example to scramble onto Rilos’ back. It was weird to be astride a dragon once more, after such a very long time, but it was not too bad. Seating himself behind the goblin so as to not hinder Kagan, Atleon braced himself for the rather rash take-off. He bent down quickly to avoid being hit by projectiles that were thrown into their general direction as soon as the mysterious being’s shield and helpers had faded away entirely. “Rilos, you’re hit! Are you alright?” He shouted in response to the dragon’s question whether he and Kagan were alright.

“We need to find Talos! I need to have a word with him as quickly as possible.” The annoying part about this was that he had no idea where the defenders’ leader had gone off too, seeing that the prince had been stuck on top of a dragon without any means of actually observing much of the ongoing battle except for his immediate surroundings, and things flying over his head, like a guardian dragon and a tribal battleblood. As he looked down from Rilos’ back, the pain and loss he was seeing beneath in the streets of Racksom was tearing at his heart. What had Zartear done? His brooding thoughts were interrupted however as Kagan suddenly urged the dragon to land somewhere where he could relieve himself and it made Atleon lift the corners of his mouth in a grin. It was good to hear that some still kept their cool in such a situation, despite the fact that the stomach might not be in tune with the swaying of a dragon’s flight.

Struggling to get into a somewhat sitting position, her eyes were focused only on Xavien, forgetting everything else around them. She saw the sword coming down and she took in a sharp breath, only to let it out slowly again as he did not strike the man dead but simply knocked him unconscious. She had not wanted to him kill for her, out of revenge. It would have been wrong. As he came to kneel beside her, Siofra felt like she would start crying at any moment. The emotions of seeing him again, of him having come for her, rescuing her, were threatening to tear her body apart, they were so strong. His words did not make it any easier to hold back the tears and she felt her eyes beginning to water, yet she did not cry. She merely whispered: “Thank you. I owe you my life.”

When he helped her to her feet, she felt a stinging pain in her side but she did not pay attention to it. She rather began picking the wood splinters from her broken arrow out of the new wound in her hand, after she had put up her bow again. It was nice and distracting because after the initial happiness of seeing Xavien again especially after thinking he might have been lost to her forever, she was now worried about what he was going to say or do, which she indeed did not have to wait for for too long. She did not like him saying that she was doing things the wrong way but she knew it was not the right way either. Yet, it was the side she had chosen and she was not going to be easily swayed, not being one who changed her opinion lightly. There were reasons behind the choice she had made, bringing down Xavien’s attacker being one of them. Finally looking up at him, Siofra shook her head. “I cannot get out of here now,” though her voice was thick with sadness. She wanted nothing more than to leave with him, now, leave everything behind, but she was in the middle of this now and she was fairly certain Zartear would find her; he already did not fully trust her, so she did not want to make things worse and be hunted by someone like him. War was upon Dragon’s Cove anyway and there was no way of escaping the war completely. Not anymore. Stepping closer to Xavien, she lightly put her not injured hand on his right arm, still looking into his eyes, and told him softly: “You should save yourself. Don’t get involved, it will only cause you more unnecessary trouble.” Unable to hold back the tears anymore, she averted her eyes, looking down as her hand slowly slid away from him and let the few droplets glide down her cheeks. She did not want to leave his side, not now, not ever, but she did not want him to get into trouble because she had gotten herself involved in something.
Back to top Go down
Stormkatz
Stormkatz

Things that I am :
  • ME Meercat
  • DDC Dingo
  • "Nice Girl"
  • Troll
  • Medium Poster
  • Chatbox Spammer
  • Really Too Kind
  • Rebel of Rogue

Female Loveliness : 16

PostSubject: Re: C1 Racksom~~~~And then, there was War~~~~(5th Board)   C1 Racksom~~~~And then, there was War~~~~(5th Board) - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 12, 2010 7:30 pm

Measle growled under his breath and crept forward, hid head low to the ground and his teeth bared. He snapped at the woman, but didn’t make a full on attack. He looked at the card dragon and blinked, before advancing again. He slashed at her clumsily with his claws, but missed. He continued swiping his paws for a while, and urged Jackdaww to help.
Jackdaww, meanwhile, was still quivering and flapping his sword like an idiot. “Jack, you are in a battle, not a training session! Get moving!” he snapped, his teeth clicking together with the harshness of his voice. Jackdaww didn’t respond, but took another careful step forward, still not looking very warrior-like. He heard the call for retreat, but felt that running would only make him look even weaker, so he stayed. As he tried to calm himself, someone attacked him from behind. He swung around as a blade glanced off his chain mail and parried a second blow, before slashing back. It missed, but bought him enough time to gather the confidence to throw a decent blow. He continued to attack, hoping that Measle would believe that he was ready for battle after all.

Starling watched the streets below her and stood like a shadow on the rooftop. She hoped no other archer would fire at her in her exposed position, and loosed another arrow – this time into the fighting around the gates to disturb some of the attacks. She heard the call for retreat, and was vaguely aware of some commotion outside the city, but stayed where she was just to enjoy the city. She loved towns – all the noise and closeness of a giant family, and wanted to stay I this one as long as she could before the war made her leave again.
Back to top Go down
Aero
Aero

Things that I am :
  • ME Meercat
  • Alarmingly Excellent
  • Dragon Hoarder
  • Gold Hoarder
  • Troll
  • Medium Poster
  • Chatbox Spammer
  • Rebel of Rogue

PostSubject: Re: C1 Racksom~~~~And then, there was War~~~~(5th Board)   C1 Racksom~~~~And then, there was War~~~~(5th Board) - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 12, 2010 9:23 pm

A stream of curses left his throat as the woman he was trying to save was set upon by a horseman. The last second before he loosened the arrow into Armeno's neck, he realized that he vaguely recognized the elf man from the beginning of this whole battle mess. They exchanged words briefly, then the woman went into a long dialogue during which the Surhinians that might have ambushed her before on her blind run had now seen the two standing in the alleyway, forgot about him, and went for the targets that were immediately reachable. Talos desperately yearned to fly down there and smack both of them upside the head for leaving themselves both open and went back to the task of trying to take out the invaders that were heading straight toward the rider and elf pair. "Are you two mad?!" He all but screamed to the two in the narrow confines of the alley. "Stopping to chat in a battlefield?" His yelling had attracted the attention of a couple of infantry, which gave him the opening to down one with a well-placed arrow to the head. It was easy pickings from the roof top... like shooting fish in a barrel. A sudden inkling of a thought occurred to him, but it would have to wait to be developed when the two weren't in immediate danger and by extension, himself as well. There were a couple bowmen stationed on nearby roofs that had been attracted by the attention, and he knew that they would be trouble.

Taking quick stock of the scene below, he let a few shots of suppressive fire into the mass of infantry, scoring a hit with each arrow, even if they weren't all fatal. It was almost impossible to not hit a soldier from this position. Realizing that the single man on the roof was making easy targets of them, the infantry men raised their shield to block oncoming arrows and tried to find places in the alley that were shielded from his fire. There were only two exits for the woman and horseman. Either back the way that they had come, or forward into the oncoming horde of invaders that had long since broken through the Western gate and were filing into the town, setting fire to what they could, killing any that resisted, and making quick work of any Defenders that had ignored Talos' call to retreat and charged like cattle to slaughter against the overwhelming force. What's more, that feeling of indomitable spirit and endless amount of energy from before was strangely lacking, as if a faucet had just been turned off. He could never know that that woman who had been supplying the mental and physical reinforcement magically to his troops had been killed... he just thought that the adrenalin from nearly dying was no longer enough to keep from feeling tired.

Seeing as he didn't have enough arrows to kill everyone in front of the woman and elf rider, Talos began targeting the infantry that had surrounded them from the back. "Retreat!" He yelled down to the two, but if the Surhinian's took his advice as well, all the better. He needed all the arrows he could get if he were going to try and get these ground-bound idiots to the Northern gate without getting them killed. He fired to the soldiers around back of the two and scored a hit, downing one. The soldiers immediately in his area flinched away, fearing that they would be next and huddled behind their shields, blinding themselves to anything Sandy or Armeno might do.

.•º•.•º•.•º•.•º•.•º•.

A slow smile crept onto Deos' face, and this time, it was genuine. Zartear presumed to try and tell her the way to Kaionar? The place of her birth? How amusing. Then again, he had no knowledge that her family had been one of the most notorious crime families in that city, but perhaps that might play to her advantage now. After all, if he knew the extent of what she was capable of by association, he would be a stupid man indeed to trust her with much of anything. "Fine, let your healers at him." She said with a cool voice and a casual flick of her wrist, indicating that she wasn't hurt by the blatant refusal of her help. "'Tis indeed quite the journey to Kaionar, but I have seen what the decapitated creature can do with her magic, things perhaps that are beyond the inklings of you or I, if all of these... water and earth warriors are anything to judge by. A three week journey would be much speedier than a two month wait if your healers prove to be insufficient, but who am I to say?" Again, that deceptively sweet smile graced her face. She was judging him, analyzing his behavior as quickly as he could perform any task from the way he handled his horse to the way spoke. She could already tell that he was no fool. There was no mastermind behind the curtain pulling this man's strings and inciting the war, it was perhaps solely his idea. What's more, he did not think much of her. Perhaps it was because she was a woman, or because he had some insight into her true nature, she couldn't tell just yet, but had a feeling it was the former. Well, let him continue to underestimate her. That would make surprising him all that much easier. It was easy to achieve much if your goals were little...

"And isn't it obvious why I would be concerned?" Here, she allowed her voice to sound hurt, like her actions had been completely honest and he was doubting her. "I am here to join your cause, my Lord. Anyone can see that you are here to do great things, and this land... needs the change. Dragons Cove has grown lax in peace. Their army is comprised of farmers and boys, and they are lead by a glorified rooster. Pray tell what then would be the point of standing on the loosing side?" Not that she actually gave two shakes if Dragons Cove changed for better or for worse under his banner, but an honest fool always appears better than a lying scholar.
Back to top Go down
Rogue
Rogue

Things that I am :
  • Alarmingly Excellent
  • Chatbox Spammer
  • Underling of Eldar

PostSubject: Re: C1 Racksom~~~~And then, there was War~~~~(5th Board)   C1 Racksom~~~~And then, there was War~~~~(5th Board) - Page 6 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 13, 2010 6:49 pm

“I’m fine, it was just a scratch!” Rilos shouted back over his shoulder, hoping Atleon could hear. He didn’t know about talking in the air, not having had riders before- And now, two twice in one night! Although it was strange circumstances… He headed up to a higher altitude to avoid any high-flying projectiles, then started to fly in wide circles. It wouldn’t be easy to find Talos in the dark and amongst so much chaos.
“Sorry Kagan, I’ll fly down as soon as we find Talos. Do you want dropping in the fight or elsewhere?” He looked briefly over his shoulder, but couldn’t see his two passengers well in the lack of light.

When Rilos looked back down at the battlefield, the shouts and screams faint across the altitude, he started to see movement along the thin streets of the city, with defenders retreating and battles being fought across Racksom. It wasn’t going to be easy finding one single avian. Rilos slowly started to descend, making long, sweeping runs over the city to get a closer look down some of the smaller streets. Racksom was in a mess, fires starting up in some parts- Rilos diverted around those areas- enemy forces moving through other areas, dragging out prisoners that couldn’t be rescued, however hard they tried, and defenders hastily retreating, and calling retreat to those they saw around them. He just hoped that one of his passengers might be able to stop Talos if he missed.

Static kept backing away as the two remaining dragons kept attacking- They really didn’t give up, did they? She kept up the thin shield over her side as the card dragon swiped at her, but she deflected it with a hastily thrown up shield. All this casting was starting to take its toll, even with all the practise that she put in to keep her endurance. Sticking to defensive manoeuvres and continuing to back up, she flicked her attention to the larger dragon, who had snapped at her with his teeth bared. What did he have against her anyway? He didn’t even have the courtesy to keep his eye on the ball- But that was his mistake.

As the dragon hailed his rider, Static took his divide in attention as a sign to attack- She came to a halt, holding out her hands and surrounding them with green electricity. Sparks leapt from one hand to another, then formed a wide green barrier, sending out a wave of shocking energy. If you got in the way of that, it would hurt.

Back to top Go down
Artemis
Artemis

Things that I am :
  • ME Meercat
  • SR Salamander
  • DDC Dingo
  • Alarmingly Excellent
  • Dragon Hoarder
  • Troll Fanatic
  • Medium Poster
  • Chatbox Spammer
  • Really Too Kind
  • Rebel of Rogue

PostSubject: Re: C1 Racksom~~~~And then, there was War~~~~(5th Board)   C1 Racksom~~~~And then, there was War~~~~(5th Board) - Page 6 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 13, 2010 7:57 pm

Jaden's ears went back a little at the unorthodox attack methods the lightning storm was employing, the half-spades swinging much further at the tip than the base. They dipped even further as the human began his clumsy swings. The spade dragon noted that the human's name was Jack. His attention was soon diverted, however, as he heard the telltale crackle of electricity. He twisted to look at Static, and hopped out of the way of the surge of energy which ripped past. He then warily came back in front of the woman. A residual spark caught him and issued a small shock on his shoulder, but it was only enough to make him wince and was gone quickly. He then grimly prepared to attack once more, by now beginning to feel his efforts. He therefore went for an attack method less stressful on his legs, by putting his head down and attamping to charge and bite their opponent. He had no idea how this would work; he just wanted this fight over with. All the swirls of possibilities and changes in decisions were making his head hurt.

Armeno looked absolutely gobsmacked as Talos yelled. Then he shook himself- what had he been thinking? He quickly scanned his surroundings. The easiest way out was the same route they had come by, but that was hardly likely to let them make any progress- and besides, that was now blocked by a few soldiers. Armeno cursed, then slashed at a fighter who attacked him. What had he been thinking? In all his years fighting, he had never been distracted like that. He just found Sandy an easy person to talk to. But he had no time to think things through anymore, as Talos began to loose arrows into the throngs of soldiers and he had to press back the Surahnians himself. H glanced down to Sandy.
'You want to get up on Velox too, and we can try and get out?' he called over the battle clamour.
Back to top Go down
Monty
Admin
Monty

Female Loveliness : 11

PostSubject: Re: C1 Racksom~~~~And then, there was War~~~~(5th Board)   C1 Racksom~~~~And then, there was War~~~~(5th Board) - Page 6 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 13, 2010 10:30 pm

Ooc;; Long, sorry. =/
Bic;; The flying Avian above the, called down, and by the tone of his voice, he was obviously furious with them. But Sandy, being somewhat angry at the time too, had half a mind to turn around and shout back at him. Until the moment he called for a retreat, she had no idea who he was, and she quickly presumed he was the one leading this side of the battle. She only just stopped herself from screaming at him, wondering why the hell he would allow people to fight for him if they hadn’t a clue what they were fighting for. Since from the questions asked by this elf, it was apparent that some didn’t know. So for those that were like this man, if they were stuck, they would die for practically nothing. She didn’t know how he could allow this to happen. But then again, soldiers were soldiers.
She wasn’t going to going to take her anger out on the wrong person. And the people in front of her were fighting for the wrong cause, and therefore, they would pay.
Then all of a sudden an arrow came from above her head, and brought down one of the warriors. Immediately, the others around him slinked back, scared that if they continued to carry on fighting for a few more seconds, they would share the same fate. Seeing a chance, Sandy sheathed her sword and brought both of her hands together in front of her, outstretched. Heartbeats later, a ball of blue energy formed in the palms of her hands and double in size by the second. Within moments, it had a radius of about two metres, and lit up the dark area surrounding everyone with a silvery light. Finally, she released the ball of energy and felt some of her own go with it. This procedure would no doubt give away that she was the rider of a guardian, but at the same time, she didn’t care. There was no need for secrets now, and this attack could give them a chance to get out of this battle in one piece.
The blue energy struck all of those who were hiding behind their shields, and were sent hurtling backwards. Crashing against the walls of the narrow streets and landing on some of their own men. She span on her heels, unsheathing her sword as she did so. “Do I ever.” She shouted across the to the elf, before beginning to sprint over to where his horse stood. She had had to position herself quite away from the elf in order to make sure he didn’t get caught up in the blast.
Mounting the horse seemed like such a hard task now that most of her energy had seeped away, but she knew there was not other way out of there. If only they could get into the depths of the city fast enough, they may be able to avoid any more physical combat.
However, her thoughts were thrown from her head as a man seemed to come out of nowhere and crash into her. She skidded along the floor not that far from the original place where she had last spoken to the elf.
Frantically, she reached around in the dirt, trying to come in contact with her sword. A big wave of relief swept over her body and she found the handle and stumbled to her feet. She lifted her sword up just in time to deflect a blow that was aiming for her head. She stood, her arms outstretched above her head and bent back slightly. The man in front of her leaned over, a glint in his eye as if he knew he was finally going to spill enemy blood.
They both stood there for a few heartbeats, yet to Sandy, it seemed like hours. Both of them were pushing against each other through their swords, and right now, he was overpowering her. If she hadn’t used her energy blasting those men before, then she might have stood a chance. Until it all proved to be too much; he was too strong for her. She fell backwards and moved out f the way of the falling blade only just in time. She twisted round with her back to face him in order to gather her balance and prevent herself from falling. Big mistake. She let out a short yell of pain as the man’s blade cut across the lower part of her back. Before she even had time to recover, something hard struck her across the side and again, she was sent hurtling across the floor. Unfortunate for her, she had nothing to break her fall. It was as If she had been planned to fall into a place where no corpses or anything could cushion her. At that point, she didn’t know what to do. She was hurting badly, and she had barely enough energy to pull herself back up to fight. But that decision was torn from her thoughts as the man stamped his foot onto her back, holding her down. She let out a short moan, trying to fight the pain, but it was useless. The man’s weight was too much for her to push away from.
“Well well well, what have we got here?”
Back to top Go down
https://dragonscove.darkbb.com
Stormkatz
Stormkatz

Things that I am :
  • ME Meercat
  • DDC Dingo
  • "Nice Girl"
  • Troll
  • Medium Poster
  • Chatbox Spammer
  • Really Too Kind
  • Rebel of Rogue

Female Loveliness : 16

PostSubject: Re: C1 Racksom~~~~And then, there was War~~~~(5th Board)   C1 Racksom~~~~And then, there was War~~~~(5th Board) - Page 6 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 13, 2010 10:52 pm

Measle screamed in pain as the electricity shuddered through him. He didn’t move quick enough to get out of its path, and was hit with the full force of the blow. He staggered backwards, roaring in an animal-like confusion, and slumped to the ground near Jackdaww.
Feeling just the tightness in the air behind him from the electricity, Jackdaww turned his head from the man he was fighting and saw Measle fall. He screamed out a battle cry, not sure how badly hurt Measle had been hurt, and turned to face his opponent. He brought up his sword in a majestic arc, and slashed is across the man’s chest. The strength of the blow cleaved his armour apart and killed him dead. Jackdaww spun around, his arm shaking from the blow, and rushed over to Measle to see if he was alright.
Measle’s strength had been taken from him completely by the blow, and he simply lay there, waiting for his breath to come back. He knew that Jackdaww was beside him, worried, and managed to croak out to him that he’d be fine, and to continue the fight. Jackdaww was terrified, but nodded in agreement. He stayed crouched next to Measle for a while longer, though, just to make sure that his dragon would recover properly. A foolish mistake to make in the midst of a battle.

((ooc;; starling could do with some sort of interaction, if anyone has a lonely charrie with nothing to do...))
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: C1 Racksom~~~~And then, there was War~~~~(5th Board)   C1 Racksom~~~~And then, there was War~~~~(5th Board) - Page 6 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 14, 2010 3:14 am

Xavien heard her words merely. she owed him her life? No, she owed him nothing, in his opinion. He only wanteed her with him, she owed him squat. He turned a bit, being sure they werent being chased or anything. He didn't like this place. It was a ground of war. Too unsettled... it made his bloodlust rise in his demon heart. Though he had damn good control over that in himself. He wasn't anywhere near flying off the handle for it. "You owe me nothing." He told her softly. Thinking this place so pointless. what need was there for such fighting? This Zartear had to be a madman, no question to that. It pissed him off really, that some human would push such lengths, lengths he might not even udnerstand himself. How dumb could someone be?

Xavien let her words wash over him a bit. Why couldnt she leave? she had two legs and a brain did she not? She could do whatever she pleased! But asking him to leave, Xavien shook his head merely. He was thre, he already was involved was he not? "No." He told ehr simply. "Im not leaving, not without you anyway." He said. "I ran here for a hell of alot of miles. Through forest and plains. I flew here some of the time even, exposing my demonic form to look for you. I did not come here, to leave empty handed." He told ehr softly. "I felt so crushed when I had to let you go in the town. Plus when I had to leave, abandon my home, AGAIN. As for not gettin involved. Im here, arent I? I wanted no parts of war, but damnit if it means gettin to keep you at my side, ill take whatever gander ive got to." He told her, his expression hard, yet showing just how much she meant to him. A loving anger perhaps? "Youre gonna end up destroyin yourself out here with wh youre with. Now I cant change your mind on it perhaps but, I will show you a thing or two, once we leave. Youre gonna understand just what you all killed, and why thats really setting a hard time in stone for your leader. But im not leavin these grounds without you. If ive gotta, ill throw ou over my shoulder and drag you the hell out. Im not tearin myself apart no more. I seem... to love you a bit too much to do so." He said. "If your Zartear has somethin to say on it, he can come and say it to my face too. Thenhope dont tear his head off his body for bein a fool. Doin this all wrong, some amateurs of war..." He said a bit angrily... but soft as he could muster nonetheless, not eneding to offend who was before him. but he definently made his point ay plain.
Back to top Go down
Eldarwen
Admin
Eldarwen

Things that I am :
  • Alarmingly Excellent
  • Minion of Monty
  • Thrall of Zay

PostSubject: Re: C1 Racksom~~~~And then, there was War~~~~(5th Board)   C1 Racksom~~~~And then, there was War~~~~(5th Board) - Page 6 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 14, 2010 9:29 am

Siofra sighed as Xavien refused to leave without her. It was what she had been afraid of even though it had also been what she had hoped for deep down inside of her. When Xavien mentioned the night they got separated, the night they had met, the night where it had all started, she knew what he meant. Neither of them had been ready to lose the other, especially not in such a way and here she was pushing him away again after he had only just found her. She should be happy, no elated, that he was here, with her, but she could not. She worried about him too much and did not want anything to happen to him, especially not because of her; she would not be able to stand it. Wanting to interrupt him, not wanting to listen to anymore of this as almost every word painfully showed her how much he had gone through just to find her and what he would do to keep her by his side, safe, she turned away from him, the tears now flowing freely but quietly, only once in a while making her take a deeper, yet shaky breath.

One of those breaths suddenly remained stuck in her throat however, making her cough in shock. He what? Loves me? The thought was so overwhelming and tearing at her nerves so badly that she almost felt like her stomach was turning upside down. Gasping, she grabbed her stomach and began stroking it in a comforting manner, afraid she might have to throw up although she hadn’t eaten in what seemed like ages. His words however struck a note. Siofra wanted to explain, wanted to tell him that she knew what she was doing, that she knew it was not easy; she did understand the implications of her actions and those of Zartear for that matter, but it had not mattered to her and it made her angry that she could not express this properly and that Xavien just kept talking, even though he only meant well because he cared for her.

Finally, she took a deep breath, trying to calm herself, the tears now beginning to dry on her cheeks and eyelashes, and turned around to face Xavien. “You think I don’t know? You think I don’t care? About any of this? Do you think it was easy to watch one of my best friends being tied to a pole and exposed on a dragon for everyone to see, suffering as he had to watch his own people fall? Seeing so many people die in a pointless war? I don’t give a shit about what will happen to Zartear or what you would do to him. And I don’t care what this is doing to me… or I didn’t…” Shaking, she kept staring into his eyes, the anger slowly dissipating again and the tears threatening to come flowing yet again. Siofra couldn’t stop looking at him and she didn’t care about anything going on around them. “Nothing compared to the pain of thinking you were dead, of thinking I had lost you even though I had only just found you.”

The dragon’s motion underneath him was slightly seasickening after the many years of not having ridden a dragon, but Atleon’s body quickly attuned to it again, though he did not enjoy the ride, least of all because of the terrifying sight that was now displayed in front of his eyes. Everywhere on the streets below people were fighting, fleeing and there were so many corpses spread throughout the city that it was impossible to make any distinctions between friend and foe anymore from such a height. The city was burning, crumbling into ruin in places as the fire took its devastating toll. The wreckage the tribal battleblood had created did not help in making the situation appear any better, and still Zartear’s men were advancing further into the city, their destination clearly set to be the heart of the city. Blood was marking their way as clearly as any milestone that had ever been set for anything and the rebels were almost starting to celebrate their victory it seemed. Atleon growled. They had not reckoned with him however. He was not going to let them march any further, he was not going to let them take this city just like that. No, he would fight, not flee. There was going to be no salvation for any of them anyway, apart from hoping they could flee, but the Surahnians would kill every single one of them. A man like Zartear would not show mercy.

“Rilos, over there. Is that him?” Atleon suddenly asked, his finger pointing towards a commotion of a few people that seemed to try to fend off quite a larger group of rebels. One of them had wings, hinting towards the avian nature. “I haven’t seen him clearly, so I cannot tell for certain.”

Back to top Go down
Artemis
Artemis

Things that I am :
  • ME Meercat
  • SR Salamander
  • DDC Dingo
  • Alarmingly Excellent
  • Dragon Hoarder
  • Troll Fanatic
  • Medium Poster
  • Chatbox Spammer
  • Really Too Kind
  • Rebel of Rogue

PostSubject: Re: C1 Racksom~~~~And then, there was War~~~~(5th Board)   C1 Racksom~~~~And then, there was War~~~~(5th Board) - Page 6 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 14, 2010 7:06 pm

Armeno's eyes widened as he watched the ball of energy form. He had guessed she had some sort of relationship with this guardian dragon, yes, but he had not known she had powers too- presumably from whatever bond she had with the dragon. Probably as a rider. A questing opponent approached him, and he swung at them. Out of the corner of his eye he saw Sandy making her way towards him, and quickly stabbed out at the soldier, who backed away with a large wound in his right arm. He then reached down to help Sandy up; but before he could, she was thrown away by another large and muscular soldier. His expression turned to one of horror as she lost her sword, relief as she regained it, and anxiety once more as the man began to press her back. The magic seemed to have weakened her; then again, what magic didn't somehow weaken its user? He needed to act, though, and quickly. Spurring Veloxpes on, despite the dramatic head-tossing, he managed to reach Sandy. He then leapt off his horse, and struck out at Sandy's attacker. The man turned to defend himself. Armeno was surprised by the man's strength, and tired as he was sustained another wound- his clothing was sliced through by the soldier's blade and a cut about two inches long and a centimetre deep opened on his stomach, causing him to hiss in pain. But he grabbed Sandy's arm and whistled for Veloxpes, hoping that this fighter wouldn't pose any more issues to them.

Oc: Sorry if that's controlling on Sandy... Also, if anyone's feeling like a pretty powerful opponent or ally, then they can tlak to Kumiko.

Last edited by Artemis on Wed Dec 15, 2010 4:59 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Rogue
Rogue

Things that I am :
  • Alarmingly Excellent
  • Chatbox Spammer
  • Underling of Eldar

PostSubject: Re: C1 Racksom~~~~And then, there was War~~~~(5th Board)   C1 Racksom~~~~And then, there was War~~~~(5th Board) - Page 6 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 14, 2010 10:14 pm

As the larger dragon collapsed, shrieking, Static staggered a little again. She had used up a lot of energy in that last blast, and now it was taking its toll, but her shield was still up, thankfully. Now three of her four opponents were out for the count, one card dragon injured, the big purple and black dragon suffering from her latest blow and his rider crouched beside him. She came to a halt, lowering her hands slowly. She had dropped her sword, and as she bent to pick it up, spikes of pain shot up her side again.

The card dragon charged at her again, charging straight at her, head down. Instead of undertaking any complex move, she jumped to one side, hoping the card dragon would run past her in his haste and brash attack. Whirling around, Static didn’t attack, running off down the road before the dragon had a chance to attack again. It was time to find a better place to attack from- Preferably far away, so she wouldn’t be attacked back. She ignored the dragon and rider who were further away, dealing with the closest threat first. Any other day, they would be easy game, but with broken ribs…

((Sorry, I don't like it much, but I'm tired and I wanted it done.))
Back to top Go down
Aero
Aero

Things that I am :
  • ME Meercat
  • Alarmingly Excellent
  • Dragon Hoarder
  • Gold Hoarder
  • Troll
  • Medium Poster
  • Chatbox Spammer
  • Rebel of Rogue

PostSubject: Re: C1 Racksom~~~~And then, there was War~~~~(5th Board)   C1 Racksom~~~~And then, there was War~~~~(5th Board) - Page 6 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 14, 2010 10:20 pm

For a brief second, he thought that the woman was going to argue with him. That she might just ignore the fact that they were completely surrounded and stop and take that time to argue with him! But that moment of disbelief passed quickly when she launched a near blinding light at their enemies. A magic user then? And a powerful one at that. If he could convince her to abandon whatever suicide notion it was that she had in her head to go and attack the main force of Zartear's army, then she would really be a great addition to the Defenders. And the elf, though hurt, could obviously hold his own, a distinctly nice change from the farmers he was leading that only knew the crudest form of swordplay.

But, in typical battle style, his hope that he could get the two out was dashed when the woman went down under the assault of the soldier. Talos hadn't even seen the man coming, perhaps a combination of being blinded and the soldier having come from around a corner. Immediately he nocked an arrow and tried to aim for the man, but Sandy was in the way of a clean shot. When she was knocked down on the ground, he had a split second opening, but not enough of one before Armeno lept in the way, taking a hit from the soldier who was apparently far more skilled than any of the others they had faced so far. Angry at the turn of situation, Talos let his arrow loose into an infantry soldier that had gotten wise to the situation and was steadily creeping closer in hope of a kill. He went down with an arrow protruding from his thigh, and the others that had been following shrank back again.

By the time he looked back, the elf was hauling the woman away from the volatile swordsman. From this angle, he couldn't possibly hope to defend the two, so Talos spread his wings and with a short jump to the next rooftop was in a better position to take the man down. He heard the buzz of an arrow, but flinched too late to dodge the bolt completely. There was a sharp burning pain in his back as the flying projectile tore through the soft membrane of his wings, leaving two thumb-sized holes. Without even hardly thinking, he drew an arrow and shot in the direction of the man who had loosened the arrow on him, striking the fellow in the gut. Two more bowmen stood a few roofs away, and having seen the accuracy that their winged adversary could show, shrank back behind a chimney. Talos huffed in satisfaction and fired three consecutive arrows at the man assaulting Sandy and Armeno. The first one skidded off of his back armor with a screech, the second found flesh in the back of his knee and the third missed completely and struck some other poor soul in the forearm. "Get out of here!" He yelled, a tinge of desperation coloring his voice. "Head for the Northern gate! I'll cover you from the air." Shooting while on the run was risky business, but with the streets so thick with soldiers it would be hard to not hit somebody from his vantage point in the sky. Hopefully, the woman wouldn't be so pigheaded as to continue to try and stay. The elf seemed to have a good head on his shoulders, and it was him that Talos reminded himself to try and thank once this was all over and they were clear of Racksom.

Taking to the air, he took quick stock of the situation and was glad that he had ordered his troops away when he did. They would have been absolutely overwhelmed by the show of force that Zartear's army could produce. Almost the bulk of his army was inside now, flooding the streets in the Western quarter with lines of highly trained infantry. They would tear through his forces like a hot knife through warm butter if he had tried to keep his men stationed at the gate. Overhead, the fight between the Guardian and the Battleblood seemed to have ceased, and the form of another dragon, black against the inky sky, seemed to be heading in his general direction. Hopefully, it was friendly, because with his quiver half empty again he knew that there would be no way that he could defeat the flying beast.
Back to top Go down
Nyx
Nyx

Things that I am :
  • ME Meercat
  • SR Salamander
  • "Nice Girl"
  • Gold Hoarder
  • Short Poster

Female Loveliness : 1

PostSubject: Re: C1 Racksom~~~~And then, there was War~~~~(5th Board)   C1 Racksom~~~~And then, there was War~~~~(5th Board) - Page 6 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 14, 2010 11:25 pm

Cato rides over towards Zartear and watches those before his leader. "My lord?" He bows in the saddle with his hand over his heart to show respect. Sitting back up in his saddle he informs, "I have soldiers repairing the walls and archers are coming in off the field to man the battlements. Is there anything else who would have me do?" He could feel the bloos in his boot from the wound in his leg, the adreniline was wearing off and he hurt all over from bruises and scrapes.

Cato looks down at the boy, who was doubled over in pain. Taking a deep breath he could smell the dragon's blood on the kid. Which only reminded him to pulls the slender glass vile out of a padded pocket. Using his teeth he pulls out the cork and spits it in the boys general direction before downing the red liquid. "Sees the dragon's blood wars with the boy." He chuckles. "Looks painful." He tosses the vile against a building. He looks over at Zartear. "What are ou going to do with the little whelp, my lord?" He takes his eyes off of Felren. He was slightly nerviuos to be near Zartear but he would never let the other man know it. To show or admit weakness was not something he tended to do, since it usually ment someone would always try and take your job....or life.

Faust watches all the transpires below him. Iddle he picks at the shingles of the tower the he knew held something that pulsed with power. If he should happen to possibly break into said tower and liberate the item. Who is he to let anyone else know about it. He chuckles to himself as he works on getting a hole into the roof. One little, two little, three little shingle, four little five little six little shingle... He tries to position his tail to obscure what he is doing. "Oh what a naught bird am I," he says quietly to himself.
Back to top Go down
http://noxnightstalker.deviantart.com
Tegan
Experienced Roleplayer
Tegan

Things that I am :
  • ME Meercat
  • SR Salamander
  • DDC Dingo

Female Loveliness : 8
Location : In the meadow with the Cherry Blossom and the Willow Tree. ^^

PostSubject: Re: C1 Racksom~~~~And then, there was War~~~~(5th Board)   C1 Racksom~~~~And then, there was War~~~~(5th Board) - Page 6 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 15, 2010 3:21 am

Tegan and Lyrian dove down from the sky, their angle coming in on the side of Sandy and Armeno. Both of the pair had seen the display of the girl, and Lyrian had informed Tegan of her power, and who she assumed the girl was. Lyrian opened her mouth as she turned sharply and headed down the same way the horse was headed. Her mouth opened up and a jet of red flame cleared the path ahead of the horse and it’s two riders. Then with a sweeping motion of her tail, she sent a cool breeze to take out any of the flames that might have been left in the street.

Tegan smiled to herself as she positioned herself low on Lyrian’s back so that her dragon had the most speed possible. She was ignoring the pain in her leg as she did so. It was a lot easier to ignore the pain when she mended her mind together with Lyrian’s. The two of them shared the same mind, the same senses, everything, when they were in this state. ‘To the left,’ Lyrian said. Tegan raised her sword and blocked an arrow coming for her dragon’s wing. Her eyes in her body that of her dragon’s. She saw everything how Lyrian did. And it was much better than her elf vision, as good as that was. She repositioned herself as she knocked the arrow away and kept her sword back low against Lyrian’s side, ready for anything that might head their way. She glanced back though to see if the girl and the guy were alright. She was also aware of Talos covering them from the sky. Lyrian’s head pointed down a side road and she let out another blast of fire, this time leaving the residue flames to burn to block any more soldiers from the enemy’s side, for as long as it could.

(( Starling could join Mask. He's at the southern gate, and lonely. Very Happy ))
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: C1 Racksom~~~~And then, there was War~~~~(5th Board)   C1 Racksom~~~~And then, there was War~~~~(5th Board) - Page 6 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

C1 Racksom~~~~And then, there was War~~~~(5th Board)
Page 6 of 22Go to page : Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 14 ... 22  Next