• Dragon Hoarder
  • Troll Fanatic
  • Medium Poster
  • Chatbox Spammer
  • Really Too Kind
  • Rebel of Rogue

Female Loveliness : 73

PostSubject: The Interminable Maze {Tegto~El}   Fri Nov 26, 2010 5:26 pm

Ok, here we go. Just gonna have the normal rules and all.
Plot:
The characters find themselves all deposited in a plain room. There's nothing there except two doors. Which one do they choose? The maze goes on and on, and there seems to be no way out. Some things will help them, some things will try to kill them, and everything else inbetween. There's no way to know what anything is- the only rule in this game is that nothing is what it seems.

I will be using Ciqala and Armeno. I'll intro when I know whether you're gonna use Mira or Mask Very Happy

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Tegan
Experienced Roleplayer

Things that I am :
  • ME Meercat
  • SR Salamander
  • DDC Dingo

Female Loveliness : 8
Location : In the meadow with the Cherry Blossom and the Willow Tree. ^^

PostSubject: Re: The Interminable Maze {Tegto~El}   Sat Nov 27, 2010 1:01 am

(( Arty, I have decided on Mira, and I shall wait for your intro first if that is pleaseable. ^^ ))
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Artemis

Things that I am :
  • ME Meercat
  • SR Salamander
  • DDC Dingo
  • Alarmingly Excellent
  • Dragon Hoarder
  • Troll Fanatic
  • Medium Poster
  • Chatbox Spammer
  • Really Too Kind
  • Rebel of Rogue

PostSubject: Re: The Interminable Maze {Tegto~El}   Sat Nov 27, 2010 8:37 am

Ooc: Yup, fine with me. I'll post intro in a bit when I get on the computer. Sorry, I couldn't remember the title you came up with, so I just stuck something in, but I'm happy to change it if you like.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Artemis

Things that I am :
  • ME Meercat
  • SR Salamander
  • DDC Dingo
  • Alarmingly Excellent
  • Dragon Hoarder
  • Troll Fanatic
  • Medium Poster
  • Chatbox Spammer
  • Really Too Kind
  • Rebel of Rogue

PostSubject: Re: The Interminable Maze {Tegto~El}   Sat Nov 27, 2010 11:51 am

A form was slumped on the floor, unconcious. A long, thin object lay next to the person; it was a sheath for a sword, on a belt, but the sword itself was missing. Nobody else in the room would have known it, but the unconcious figure looked much the same as normal, minus the sword belt. The clothing, hair, face were all the same, though the skin may have been a little paler. The cloak was splayed and stretched out on the floor beneath the body, acting as a sheet to lie on. Suddenly, the eyes flickered, and opened. The pupils shrank as the light streamed into the silvery eyes, and the eyelids quickly slid halfway over again. After a bit his eyes adjusted, and he opened them fully to look at the ceiling above his head.
What am I doing here? Where am I? he wondered drowsily. The roof gave him no clues; it was bare. With some effort, he pushed himself up on his elbows. He still felt far too tired, like he had been drugged. But why? He hadn't done any big fighting recently, just a few small jobs here and there. Who would want to give him sleeping medicine and then put him in a room? He decided to examine the room; it could shed some light on the matter. The walls in front of him bore no design, nothing except plain wall. A few cracks traced along it in one corner, but little else. He grabbed his sword belt and buckled it on before continuing his search. He turned to his left, and had to suppress a gasp.
A girl lay on the floor, much like he had been. She looked human enough, and about 16, but something seemed not right- something his subconcious had picked up on and had made him gasp. Edging quietly closer, he crouched down and inspected her face closely. It seemed normal at first, her eyes shut and her mouth slightly open to take breaths. Then he saw what had taken him aback. Her teeth were sharply pointed, like a cat. He rocked back on his heels, letting out a slow breath. She also had unusual colouringm with her pale skin and pitch-black hair. She was evidently not entirely human, but Armeno certainly didn't know what she was.

In the other corner of the room, a much smaller shape was propped up against the wall. Suddenly, though, it moved. Had Armeno been looking at it, he would have realised it was in fact a tiny person. Not a human, but a Homunculus. Less than a foot tall. Its arms were stretched up above its head as it yawned, then it stood and stepped out of the shadows, revealing itself to be male. He was not unduly surprised at finding himself here; he had never really led a normal life. He had had no childhood, as all Homunculi are created, not born. At least, as far as this one knew. Ciqala had, of course, noticed the others quickly. They weren't easily overlooked for somebody his size.
'Great,' he muttered under his breath. His voice was odd, higher than that of a human. 'Stupid humans, coming along and breaking my arm. Well. One of them.' He began to make his way over to them, taking about five times as long as they would have for the same distance- and he ws jogging. One of them was unconcious or dead, lying on the floor. Unconcious, he concluded as he saw her chest rise and fall. The other was crouched beside her, looking worried and confused. He kept casting the bare walls glances. Evidently, he had not noticed the two doors, sitting unobtrusively next to each other. Naturally, the handles were far out of Ciqala's reach. He sighed in irritation. He was going to have to get help from these humans. Little did he know that neither were human. And Armeno did not know that behind him when he had woken were the two doors, and his torment for the next goodness knows how long. Ciqala decided to try to talk to the girl; they were generally less threatening. He ahd met some nasty ones in his time, though. He jogged up to her foot and pinched her ankle with his small hands.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Tegan
Experienced Roleplayer

Things that I am :
  • ME Meercat
  • SR Salamander
  • DDC Dingo

PostSubject: Re: The Interminable Maze {Tegto~El}   Wed Dec 01, 2010 3:07 am

Mira eyelids flickered as her mind awoke. The shield fell away as she regained her consciousness. As it always would when she awoke from a sleep. Slowly, her eyelids rose to reveal her emerald green eyes, but she snarled slightly under her breath as the brightness had her squinting. Then slowly, everything hit her. She opened her eyes wide and noticed first the small bite of pain she felt in her ankle, and in response her mind darted out to find the culprit, coming across the mind of a creature the werecat had never met before. Odd. Then she realized that she was being stared at, or rather watched with concern. She brushed gently against the male’s mind as well, an elf. Finally, she also realized she couldn’t feel Grafe anywhere near her. Which was completely odd for the bird never left her side for long, and it would seem, by the fuzziness of her memory, that something had happened. Very carefully, Mira pushed herself up to a sitting position, careful not to move her legs for fear of crushing the creature she felt there. She yawned slightly and stretched out her arms, he eyes looking sideways at the elf. ‘At least there are no humans here for the moment,’ she thought with a slight grin. Yet still, she had many questions to ask, but form the look of confusion on the elf’s face, she knew he wouldn’t know. So what of this creature down by her feet? Leaning down, the werecat gently and carefully moved her leg out of the creature’s grasp, and so she could see him. Licking her lips to speak, so she knew sound would come out, Mira questioned out loud, so not to frighten the creature by speaking in his mind. “Can I help you?” she asked, her voice soft and purring, much like a cat’s.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Artemis

Things that I am :
  • ME Meercat
  • SR Salamander
  • DDC Dingo
  • Alarmingly Excellent
  • Dragon Hoarder
  • Troll Fanatic
  • Medium Poster
  • Chatbox Spammer
  • Really Too Kind
  • Rebel of Rogue

PostSubject: Re: The Interminable Maze {Tegto~El}   Wed Dec 01, 2010 8:40 pm

Armeno's eyes widened as the girl lifted her eyelids. Her eyes were those of a cat- bright green with vertical pupils. Definitely something cat-like- but he wasn't sure what. Werecats were incredibly rare. Maybe just a shifter? There was a difference, of course- but this girl seemed more like a werecat than a shifter. Shifters generally looked entirely human when human. And he jumped when she talked to something by her feet- because there was something by her feet, and because her voice was like a cat. She really did seem to be more than a shifter, but he sat back and let the... Minature human? Whatever it was, talk.

Ciqala raised a small eyebrow as the girl sat up, her full unhuman features being revealed for the first time.
'Well, I was wondering if you'd care to open one of those doors for me so I can be on my way.' He hated having to talk to humans, but sometimes it was necessary. His skin coloured a little.
'Actually, I might need more help if this is a whole building instead of just a room,' he admitted. The male looked behind him, seeming surprised to see the doors. Ciqala rolled his eyes at the man's ignorance.

Armeno looked at the doors.
'I don't know why, but I get the feeling this isn't a room sitting in the middle of nowhere with two doors leading outside,' he said. He then proceeded to prove his point by marching over and flinging both the doors open simultaneously.
There wasn't an identical, outdoors scene behind both doors. In fact, they weren't at all similar. One revealed snow, with high fences on all sides and a door leading to what appeared to be a very long and thin building on the other side of a field about 300 metres long. There was nothing to be seen but snow all around. The other door revealed a large room, which was decorated in reds, burgundies and browns. A large and ornate chair, of which they could only see the high back, sat near a fireplace, and faint noises could be heard, of various kinds. Armeno frowned and whispered,
'How cliched,' before the reality hit him. 'What is this place?' he said. 'It must be magic, that isn't possible otherwise...' A faint humming began to come from the chair, but the person in it did not appear to have heard him.

Ciqala snorted.
'Magic?' he muttered. 'Never would've guessed...' He ran over to the door into the fireplace room and began to examine the frame.
'Yup,' he said looking up. 'One-way forcefield. Things can go in through this door, but not out.' He looked the other door over quickly before nodding.
'The same. It's one way decisions. I suppose we're gonna try and trust each other? I have no way of getting around here otherwise...'

Ooc: Tegto, you can choose about the person in the chair, and where they go or whatevertoo if you want. We're just gonna have to take it in turns to make stuff up about this maze, and you can do whatever you like with it. Go crazy- make those arrows the old magician gave them turn into a herd of wild, rampaging rhinos if you want. (That was an example, just to be clear. I have a habit of being confusing.)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Tegan
Experienced Roleplayer

Things that I am :
  • ME Meercat
  • SR Salamander
  • DDC Dingo

PostSubject: Re: The Interminable Maze {Tegto~El}   Thu Dec 02, 2010 1:17 am

Mira got to her feet slowly, keeping herself steady till her head stopped spinning. She licked her lips slightly, then, when the world had stopped moving and stood still, she walked over to the man and the little human thing. She looked down at it for a moment. It wasn't a dwarf, she knew that. Nor could it be a hobbit. No, it was something else. Something else completely, and yet, she had a feeling she knew what it was. She just couldn't remember the name of this creature at the moment. She placed one hand on her head softly rubbing it. Then brushed her black hair out of her face looking between the two doors. It was definetly interesting, the magic that was used her.

"Perhaps it's a test," she offered in responce to the elf's question. She shrugged though. "Maybe it's a wizard's sick joke, who's to know." She smiled then, her pointed teeth completely exposed. "However, we wont know what it is, unless we go along with it." She looked between the snowy landscape and then the warm fire. It was odd. Two completely different elements, and yet, neither could be less danerous. So which place should they chose. She was trying to figure out what the rooms meant when the creature added a new interesting side of the desicion.

"Only one path then? Hm..." She looked between the two, and found it rather odd. Despite both doors open, she felt neither the cold of the snow, nor the warmth of the fire. And yet could hear it all the same. This place truely did hold strong magic, and if so much thought was put into making this place, it seemed unlikely they would get out on their own. "Yes," she agreed to the creature. "We shall have to learn to trust one another, otherwise, we're not getting out of her alive. Too much thought was placed into this for it to be anything easily conqured. Now, we have a desicion ahead of us, and I for one chose to take the warm path. However, from the looks of it, the safe path might be the more dangerous one, so be on guard is my suggestion."

Mira didn't have a weapon. She found no use for one. And glancing down to the elf's side, she found he didn't have one either. Well... this would be one interesting night. She stepped forwards, leading the way into the warm room. As soon as she entered the place, she felt the full warmth of the fire, and the smell of it. She motioned for everyone to be quiet as she stepped lightly on her toes into the room. However, it seemed her silence was of no use as the person in the chair stopped humming and stood. The person, a male, had his back to him. His arms were held out to the fire, his skin was black and hanging off. Mira swolled hard, and then he turned to look at them, his eyes gone, the skin on his face melted off and burnt as if he had fallen into the fire.

His voice was that of a child as he spoke to them. "I...I can't... get warm..." He was shivering despite the heat, and his head was cocked to the side. As he spoke, flames fell from his mouth and the chair he had been sitting on caught fire, as the flames that fell form his mouth started to set the floor on fire. Mira backed up a few steps, her eyes glancing around the room for any means of escape. "We need to get out..." she said, cursing her desicion to enter this room. "I knew the safe route was a bad idea..." she growled at herself. "For a werecat, I'm really stupid sometimes!"

( OOC: If me doing the last two paragraphs isn't ok, I'll change it, but I figured there would be no way to describe the room unless I pulled your characters into it.)
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Artemis

Things that I am :
  • ME Meercat
  • SR Salamander
  • DDC Dingo
  • Alarmingly Excellent
  • Dragon Hoarder
  • Troll Fanatic
  • Medium Poster
  • Chatbox Spammer
  • Really Too Kind
  • Rebel of Rogue

PostSubject: Re: The Interminable Maze {Tegto~El}   Fri Dec 03, 2010 5:52 pm

Armeno's eyes widened in shock and horror at the foul creature that stood before them. He took a deep breath.
'It doesn't seem to do any harm,' he murmured, before seeing the flames that soon spread across the floor. He quickly found himself agreeing with Mira.
'We do,' he said, his eyes automatically scanning the walls for any escape method. The room contained no windows, but a pair of polished mahogany doors sat only a couple of metres away. But a thick wall of fire roiled before them. The molten man looked pitifully at them.
'Please, help me get warm.' Armeno tried to ignore the creature and calculate whether he could leap the flames or not. He couldn't help feeling a little satisfied at the fact that he had been right about the girl, but he attempted to block that out too.

Ciqala turned away from the burnt human as soon as it came into sight. He hated being reminded of his creator's workshop; the half-formed and generally failed homunculi that struggled across the huge table. But he knew that he was going to be of use here- forcefields were about the best thing to stop a fire like that, and while he didn't want to exhaust himself, he didn't want to die either. He extended his thin arms, ignoring everything else that was happening. A shimmering bubble, clear but reflecting light, spread around the three of them. The flames licked at the edges of it, but they couldn't penetrate the orb. Ciqala spoke very clearly and with a little effort, as he prepared to move the forcefield without letting it slack- normally he just cancelled the old one and made a new one wherever was needed, very quickly, but fire would get in if he did that here.
'Please could somebody... Ah... Carry me?' He was horribly embarrassed at this request, but it would be easier that way. 'We're going to the nearest door, I don't care what's behind it.' The front of the forcefield became slightly pointed, and it cut through the flames and moved forwards as Armeno carefully picked up the Homunculus. He threw open the door and they were through. Ciqala let the forcefield drop, relieved.

Ooc: No, it's all cool, we'll have to do some PPing here , just to get them through doors etc. And just make however many decisions you need to for each room. We'll probably end up getting something happening other than them just rushing through places when tehy get a chance to rest... I'm planning a village-type place for that, they think they're out because they go in and out of houses and talk to people there and it's all the same... But then it changes Wink I think a lot could happen in there. Some rooms will be short-lived like that one, some will go on for a bit longer, the way I imagine this maze.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Tegan
Experienced Roleplayer

Things that I am :
  • ME Meercat
  • SR Salamander
  • DDC Dingo

PostSubject: Re: The Interminable Maze {Tegto~El}   Sat Dec 11, 2010 6:29 pm

Mira noticed the doors as well, and pulling her eyes off of the burnt creature as well she focused on them. The fire was completely surrounding them, and they needed to get out quickly. She wasn't planning on shifting to get through the fire. She really didn't want burnt fur. That was not something she was looking forwards to at all. So how where they going to get out at all. She kept herself close to the others, at least the creature didn't seem to attack at all, that was always a good sign. Something Mira was glad for honestly. She really didn't want to fight anything at the moment either. Although, from the way this was going, it would seem like they might have to at some point.

As the forcefield went up, Mira looked down at the creature with a grin on her face, exposing her sharp teeth just slightly. That was an interesting little gift, she had to admit to herself. And came in a lot of handy. She moved close to them carefully, keeping within the force field as they moved towards the door. She looked at the flames on the edges of the field. They showed no signs of going to be able to get through at all. This creature's magic was good, she had to admit to that. When they reached the door, the elf threw it open and they all stepped through. The feild dropped and Mira relaxed a bit. But then, what would await them in this room? Or where they out?

(( Your turn right? ))
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Artemis

Things that I am :
  • ME Meercat
  • SR Salamander
  • DDC Dingo
  • Alarmingly Excellent
  • Dragon Hoarder
  • Troll Fanatic
  • Medium Poster
  • Chatbox Spammer
  • Really Too Kind
  • Rebel of Rogue

PostSubject: Re: The Interminable Maze {Tegto~El}   Wed Dec 15, 2010 6:06 pm

Armeno carefully set the Homunculus down on the ground once more.
'Right,' he said, his eyes travelling over their new surroundings.
They were in a room again, and it was certainly different to the last. It was full of life, unlike the last room, but not exactly of the best kind. Everything was a plant. From vast Venus Flytraps to delicate roses, and a whole lot more besides, shelves were everywhere and covered in plants. The whole room seemed to be made of glass, too, but only a thick white mist could be seen outside- other than leafy ferns and trees, and lushious grass covering the ground in thick crops. All the different plants had contrasting natural enviroments, but nothing seemed to be unhealthy. Armeno stared at the plants; he had little knowledge of plants, other than the main healers and poisons.

Ciqala's eyebrows raised as he saw the plants. He reached tentively out to touch a neraby plant that looked like a fern, and as his fingers brushed it the leaves folded upwards. He looked surprised, and backed away.
'How do we know what's what?' he asked, eyeing a creeping vine of some sort which extended near him on the floor. Some sort of fruit seemed to to be growing on it; on closer inspection, he realised they were grapes. He sniffed one cautiously, but restrained from touching them.
'You think these're safe to eat?' he asked.

Armeno was scanning the walls for a door. He couldn't find one, until he noticed somehting shiny and silver sticking out of the creepers which completely covered one wall.
'Hm,' he said, walking carefully over to it. It was a doorknob, as he had suspected, but it was held shut tightly by the vines.
'Well, I don't know where we are or what's what, but I can say that this place is amazing- it's all made of glass and metal. But that's irrelevant, how do you think we can get rid of all these vines? Do we want to try and pick up some food while we're here?' He looked from Mira to Ciqala, the latter still peering at the possible grapes.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Tegan
Experienced Roleplayer

Things that I am :
  • ME Meercat
  • SR Salamander
  • DDC Dingo

PostSubject: Re: The Interminable Maze {Tegto~El}   Thu Dec 23, 2010 12:12 am

Mira walked around the room, looking at all the plants. She knew plants. She knew all kinds of plants. Honestly, she had become a plant, so to speak, on many occasions. Granted it was to figure things out. Plants were alive, they felt, they thought, they knew their basics of their life. They were helpful pawns in a lot of things that Mira did. Like hiding. She would become one with the plant and let herself feel what the roots felt, like if they vibrated with someone coming. If they felt like rain was coming to wash her scent trail away. Plants were very odd things to be one with, but very helpful things.

Mira paused by a flowering plant. She took a breath in through her nose, then exhaled. Nothing in the room smelled like poision, yet, you could never be too sure. She looked back at the little human creature, and cocked her head slightly. "Hold on," she purred, "and I'll find out." She shut her eyes and let her mind open. Taking in all the life of the room. She felt the elf's mind, the litte human creatures, Homunculus, and then finally, the plants. All of them. She picked through their thoughts, their basics ways of life. What they made themselves be. If they produced poisons or not, what they ate, what they drank. They were amazingly odd creatures, sustained by magic and their normal ways. She checked the 'grapes' that the homunculus was looking at, diving completely into this plant's ways. She didn't see anything that seemed like poison at all in the plant's make-up. She shook her head as she pulled out and shut her mind link back up in her head, behind her mental defenses once more.

"They seem safe to eat. Their genetic code doesn't produce poison, so I'm guessing that they are infact normal grapes." He glanced from the elf to the homunculus swiftly as she spoke. Now for a new problem. The door. She supposed it would be simple enough to claw the vines down, but that required a form shift. "Why not pull them down? Or move them away?" she offered. A small mischievous smile on her face. As if the answer was that simple. More or less she was asking permission to do it, but she wanted to see if anyone had any other ideas as well. After all, this room was alive, so to speak. The plants might not like being clawed at, picked at, or even moved in any ways. Then again, there was only one way to find out how independent the magic had made them. That was to try.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Artemis

Things that I am :
  • ME Meercat
  • SR Salamander
  • DDC Dingo
  • Alarmingly Excellent
  • Dragon Hoarder
  • Troll Fanatic
  • Medium Poster
  • Chatbox Spammer
  • Really Too Kind
  • Rebel of Rogue

PostSubject: Re: The Interminable Maze {Tegto~El}   Fri Dec 24, 2010 11:13 am

Ciqala watched Mira walking around; she obviously knew her stuff. He smiled as she delivered her verdict, and picked a grape off the vine. Taking a bite off it, he nodded.
'They're nice,' he said, finishing the grape. 'I reckon we should get some stuff we can eat before we go, we don't know how long we'll be in here for.' Looking around him, he could see pleanty more edible plants; pineapples, a few fruit trees, something that looked like it could well be potatoes... He decided to make the most of this room, and moved onto a strawberry bush. He plucked two off the plant and began to bite from the first one. He didn't want much more than that, though- he was pretty small. He jogged over to a particularly mossy patch of ground and sat on it, licking the fruit juice off his fingers and wondering if there were any blackberries in here- they were his favourite fruit.

Armeno nodded and began to move around the room, gathering plants that he recognised as edible. In a few minutes, he had a heap of fruit, vegetables and a few things such as mint leaves. He frowned at the pile for a second, before removing his cloak and wrapping the food in it. He tied it in a knot before slinging it back over his shoulder and turning to Mira.
'Well, I shouldn't think that'd be a problem,' he said, looking thoughtfully at the vines. 'I don't really see what else we can do, and if they don't like it then we'll just have to come up with something else. Perhaps we could encourage them to move elsewhere...' He gave an experimental tug on one of the vines, which wouldn't move. Looking closer, he saw that it was rooted firmly onto the glass.
'It'll need to be cut through, and I don't have my sword,' he explained. 'Were you thinking of changing?' He hoped she wouldn;t object to this- aside from wanting to get out of the room, he was interested to see what her cat form looked like. He'd only met a werewolf before now, and it hadn't really been an experience he'd wanted to repeat. Mira seemed a lot calmer and didn't want to kill him, as far as he could tell. She would be very helpful in this room, at any rate- he felt uneasy surrounded by all the plants, especially as some were carnivorous. Give him a sword, and he'd much rather be facing a wolf or a bear, he knew how to deal with them. Plants, however, were another matter for him, though Mira did appear to know what she was doing.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Tegan
Experienced Roleplayer

Things that I am :
  • ME Meercat
  • SR Salamander
  • DDC Dingo

PostSubject: Re: The Interminable Maze {Tegto~El}   Fri Dec 31, 2010 7:05 am

Mira wondered the room a little more as she looked for anything that sounded good to eat at the moment. She paused at a few of the plants and sniffed some of the fruits and such on them, then picked them, pulling her scarf off and wrapping the food in it before moving onto another plan to pick something else. She wasn’t truly picky, but she also wasn’t a complete fan of fruit and vegetables. She preferred meat, and mostly mice, but she was also used to the leafy things. So, when she was finally satisfied with her pile, she tied the scarf to keep the food inside it, and then picked a few more things down to eat right now. The grapes weren’t actually that bad, she had to admit. After all, they seemed like the perfect one with each. How odd, but not in a bad way. She turned to look back at her companions.

“I can cut through it with my claws, so long as we’re ready for what that might bring,” she said in her purring voice. “I should also ask, does it bother either of you if I were to speak to your minds and not your ears? While in any form but my human one, I can not speak out loud to you.” She flickered her gaze between the two of them before she went on. “I ask because if you agree, I can’t promise that thoughts shall be spared. For if they run close enough to my link, I can hear them as well.” She blinked casually, like this was a simple offer. For her, it was, yet still she felt the need to ask. A thing she was never very used to. Granted, she didn’t really wait for an answer either. Blinking again, she shifted her forms, choosing her wolf sized form. Her ears flickered and she pawed the ground slightly, and then let her tail hang low, curling slightly to avoid touch the ground. She sat down, her intelligent eyes fixed on her companions.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Artemis

Things that I am :
  • ME Meercat
  • SR Salamander
  • DDC Dingo
  • Alarmingly Excellent
  • Dragon Hoarder
  • Troll Fanatic
  • Medium Poster
  • Chatbox Spammer
  • Really Too Kind
  • Rebel of Rogue

PostSubject: Re: The Interminable Maze {Tegto~El}   Sat Jan 08, 2011 12:54 pm

Ciqala's head turned to follow Mira as she moved aound the room, then he shrugged as she posed her question.
'It won't bother me,' he began to say- but before he'd finished this sentence Mira had smoothly shifted into a wolf-sized cat. Ciqala blinked, not quite believing what he saw before him. He had gathered she changed into something, but this wasn't exactly an easy form for him to be around. He suddenly found himself experiencing a strong instinct to run away. Staying put, he repeated,
'I'm fine with you talking into my mind.' He moved about a metre away from the door, not wanting to get too close to those lethal-looking claws when they were slashing.

Armeno examined a nearby plant while Mira gathered supplies. He thought he recognised it, but he wasn't sure. Carefully plucking one of the fruits off a stalk, he ripped a small piece of the thick, leathery skin off, revealing clusters of juicy little globes of fruit in many tones of red and orange. It was similar to a pomegrante in a way, except the seeds were embedded in a fleshy white pulp on the inside of the skin. Armeno carefully removed one round piece and placed it on his tongue. Prepared though he was for the taste, he still twitched slightly as the thin skin on the fruit split, leaking the juice into his mouth. It was hot, fiery; it didn't really taste like anything else. Mira spoke at that moment. He frowned; he was wary of letting people in his head, but he had practice in guarding his thoughts.
'Very well,' he said a little reluctantly. Mira morphed into her cat form as he spoke, and he couldn't help appreciating the sleekness of the transformation. He had few powers himself; only the most basic of magic. He was always captivated by powers such as this, and werecats were of course extremely rare.
'You may as well start working on those vines,' he said to her. 'This is a fruit I know well, though not it's name- It gives huge amounts of energy, however it is dangerous to eat too much. And it is fiery, you must be prepared to eat it.' He took another few fruits from the plant and added them to his bag.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Tegan
Experienced Roleplayer

Things that I am :
  • ME Meercat
  • SR Salamander
  • DDC Dingo

PostSubject: Re: The Interminable Maze {Tegto~El}   Fri Jul 01, 2011 10:38 pm

Mira smiled, drawing her lips back to expose her sharp teeth. One thing she never questioned was he transforming. It was kind of funny to her. When she shifted forms, she always reverted back to the most recent. If she went human again, right now, she’d still have a bundle of the fruit tied in her scarf. It was so strange, but she really didn’t think much into it. There was still much of her magic she didn’t understand completely. Oh well, best to focus on the task at hand.

Mira walked towards the door covered in vines and looked at them for a moment. While she looked, she let her mind reach out to the other two. She kept it just on the edge of their consciousness and didn’t say anything. Just kept the link to each of them there. Finally, after looking at the door and the vines for about a minute, she finally walked up closer and sniffed one of the vines. It was strange, but normal at the same time. No telling what would happen when she tried to cut them. ‘Here goes everything?’ she said into both of their heads at the same time.

Mira drew herself up onto her back legs and balanced there for a moment, then brought her body and claws slashing downward against the large vines covering the door. She put as much force into the blow as she could and she felt her nails piece the outside of the vines and the insides slashing the first few open and the chunk of the inside she cut out feel to the floor. She back up then, watching the now open space between the vines and held her position, poised from anything. Her ears flickered. She was on alert for what might happen.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Artemis

Things that I am :
  • ME Meercat
  • SR Salamander
  • DDC Dingo
  • Alarmingly Excellent
  • Dragon Hoarder
  • Troll Fanatic
  • Medium Poster
  • Chatbox Spammer
  • Really Too Kind
  • Rebel of Rogue

PostSubject: Re: The Interminable Maze {Tegto~El}   Fri Jul 22, 2011 3:51 pm

Feeling Mira's mind lightly touch his, Armeno swiftly constructed barriers to prevent her from entering his consciousness any further than was necessary in order for her to talk to him. It didn't seem like she was going to delve any deeper than that, but the elf had learnt through both his training and his experiences that it was always best to be on guard.

As the werecat's claws slashed through the first layer of vines, the fighter tensed, his hand instinctively travelling to the empty sheath on his belt. He would be extremely surprised if the plants just let them do this...

Sure enough, there was a reaction to Mira's attack on the vines. Every place she had slashed through them, several new stems split off from the old ones and entirely enveloped the door in seconds, the covering far thicker than it had been previously. Armeno swore angrily in elvish before turning to the other two.
'What should we try now, do you think?' His mind was already sorting through possibles plans and dismissing them all, currently unable to come up with any ideas which were likely to help.

'Bloody hell,' moaned Ciqala as the vines multiplied. 'What do we do now, then?' His last words interrupted Armeno's, and the homunculus shrugged in answer to the elf. 'I don't have any ideas, I don't know much about plants,' he replied.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Tegan
Experienced Roleplayer

Things that I am :
  • ME Meercat
  • SR Salamander
  • DDC Dingo

PostSubject: Re: The Interminable Maze {Tegto~El}   Sat Oct 01, 2011 3:10 am

Mira growled at the door. An interesting sound for a cat to make no doubt. She sat down and stared at the plants. Her eyes narrowed into smaller slits than normal. She glared at the door sharply as if expecting them to retract at her dark look. Finally she gave up her stare down and shifted forms back into her human one. She lightly pulled her mental contact away from the two males, and sat cross legged in front of the door. She didn’t reply to the two of them, nor did she really show any sign of really acknowledging they both had spoken. Instead she watched the veins and thought. They reacted to attack; they understood they were in danger. They had intelligence like any other living creature. That meant that they understood them to a certain extent.

An idea flashed into Mira’s head. Without letting the others know what she planned to do. And also without moving a mussel, she let her mind brush into the plant’s mind, just lightly, barely on the edge of the plant’s consciousness. She poked softly into the thoughts of the plant. Which in most cases was just thoughts like: breath, eat, photosynthesis. She looked deeper, trying to see where the intelligence of a normal plant stopped and the greater one began. If she could break into the plants mind far enough, she could ‘plant’ the idea for the plant to just move the veins off to the side of the door, and allow it to be open. It would require adding the thought to the plant’s head, as well as coaxing the plant and soothing it enough to think the idea was its own. It could work.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Artemis

Things that I am :
  • ME Meercat
  • SR Salamander
  • DDC Dingo
  • Alarmingly Excellent
  • Dragon Hoarder
  • Troll Fanatic
  • Medium Poster
  • Chatbox Spammer
  • Really Too Kind
  • Rebel of Rogue

PostSubject: Re: The Interminable Maze {Tegto~El}   Mon Oct 10, 2011 7:23 pm

Armeno frowned at Mira as she changed back to her human form and settled by the vine-plastered door. Ciqala looked equally baffled and opened his mouth to ask the werecat what she was doing, but closed it again with a small huff when Armeno gave him a warning look. The elf, able to communicate mentally himself- if not to tje same extent as Mira- could guess what she was doing. While he didn't know her exact plan, he still didn't think it would be a good idea to disturb her.

~*~

Watching Mira, and watching Armeno watching her, Ciqala let out a small huff and picked at a dry leaf that was sitting near him. After a few moments of this, however, he grew bored and ambled a few steps over to where the vines sprang from the ground in a thick, knot of stems. He scratched at the soil around them absentmindedly, before raising his eyebrows as a tangle of roots was uncovered.
'Huh, ma-' He didn't get to finish the words, cut off by a glare from Armeno and a hissed,
'Be quiet.'

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Tegan
Experienced Roleplayer

Things that I am :
  • ME Meercat
  • SR Salamander
  • DDC Dingo

PostSubject: Re: The Interminable Maze {Tegto~El}   Mon Oct 10, 2011 7:47 pm

Mira kept completely still and silent as she focused on the door. She felt like there was physical tension between her and the vines as she tried her hardest to get them to move the way she wanted them too. She had definetely scared them by cutting through them earlier, but now it seemed like they were calming down. That was good, because she hadn't realized how physically tasking this was going to be. She was getting tired from this, but she had to make sure she didn't dim in the energy she was adding. Otherwise it was all for not.

Her ears twitched slightly, even in human form, as the little creature spoke. Or rather tried too, and was hushed by the elf. She didn't linger on words they said quietly, she couldn't even if she'd wanted to. It was impossible anyways. She was too far into the mind of the stupid vine plant. Actually, she had to pull her mind backwards for fear of being lost in it. The intelligence of this plant was rather amazing. For a plant, anyways. Wait, did it just move?

Mira couldn't believe what she'd just so. She almost lost her consentration as she watched the vines start to shift. She hadn't told them to retreat, rather shape around the door so it opened. She blinked as they did what she had soothingly told them to. She pulled out of the plants mind and back into her own and started laughing hysterically. She fell backwards onto the ground ligh headed, but was still laughing. "Really? All I had to do was ask?"
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Artemis

Things that I am :
  • ME Meercat
  • SR Salamander
  • DDC Dingo
  • Alarmingly Excellent
  • Dragon Hoarder
  • Troll Fanatic
  • Medium Poster
  • Chatbox Spammer
  • Really Too Kind
  • Rebel of Rogue

PostSubject: Re: The Interminable Maze {Tegto~El}   Sun Oct 23, 2011 6:58 pm

Whatever Mira had done it, it had seemed to work- Armeno watched, intrigued, as the vines slowly slipped back from the door, repositioning themselves around it. They framed the door perfectly, some running parallel to its frame and other curling back on themselves when they reached it.
The elf looked down at where Mira was rolling about on the floor, a slightly bemused expression on his face, and suggested,
‘Shall we move on? I’m glad that you, uh, only had to ask, but I’m not too keen on staying in here any longer than we need to. I doubt that all the plants will be as cooperative. His eyes flicked around the room, taking in all the innocent-looking plants as he offered a hand to help Mira up.

~*~

When Mira burst out in laughter, Ciqala gave her a look which clearly communicated that he thought she had gone crazy. At Armeno’s words, he gave a nod of agreement.
‘Sounds good to me. I’m not keen on carnivorous plants which are bigger than me.’ He gave a generously sized venus flytrap a wary look before walking towards the door and looking expectantly at the other two to open it.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Tegan
Experienced Roleplayer

Things that I am :
  • ME Meercat
  • SR Salamander
  • DDC Dingo

PostSubject: Re: The Interminable Maze {Tegto~El}   Tue Oct 25, 2011 11:52 pm

Mira still giggled softly as she laid on the ground. The world was still spinning slightly, bu not as much anymore. She looked up at Armeno's hand, and taking it, she allowed the helpt to be pulled up. Once standing on her feet, she swayed slightly for a moment, a hand going to her head until the world stopped spinning again. She smiled when everything settled back into place and looked between the two companions she was stuck in this maze with. "Aye, we shall proceed." she said. She turned slowly towards the door, not wanting to get dizzy again. That had really taken more than she'd thought out of her.

She carefully looked at the door and reached for the handle. She braced herself as the door swung in to open. And on her first take of the room, she half relaxed, until she looked closer. The room was a giant hall. Gold and silver decorations littered the ceiling and the columns. Loud music that was festive and ball like floated around the room like a spell. The entire scene looked like one out of a royal castle. Of course, with such decorations, that left people there too. Every girl in the room had long flowing dresses and hair done up nicely and neat. The males all wore tuxes, and had there hair neatly groomed. Mira felt sick at the entire scene and was half tempted to stay in the room with the plants. Of course she did and entered the room. That was when one of the dancers looked at her, and Mira saw that their skin was transulenct.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Artemis

Things that I am :
  • ME Meercat
  • SR Salamander
  • DDC Dingo
  • Alarmingly Excellent
  • Dragon Hoarder
  • Troll Fanatic
  • Medium Poster
  • Chatbox Spammer
  • Really Too Kind
  • Rebel of Rogue

PostSubject: Re: The Interminable Maze {Tegto~El}   Sun Dec 04, 2011 12:36 pm

Warily, Armeno stepped through the door behind Mira, slowly taking in the bright and sparkling room. The loud music which assaulted them as soon as the door opened made him wonder how they hadn't heard it before- did that door always lead through to this place? With these thoughts drifting around his head, he examined the numerous occupants of the room, spinning elegantly across the floor. They were certainly out of place here, their clothes nothing like the expensive dresses and suits which the dancers sported. Their faces were mostly hidden- until one man turned his face and his skull was clearly visible. With some horror, the elf's eyes darted down his body, but no other skin was exposed- he wore white silk gloves, as did his dancing partner. But as he continued to look around the room, he saw more glimpses of white bone as the couples twirled past and he was sure that they were all the same. Not only was their skin glassily translucent, but so were their muscles and all the other fleshy parts which lay between their skin and bones, giving them the appearance of being only skeletons.
'Stay close together,' he murmured between his teeth. 'Ciqala, be ready to make a forcefield if you need to. We don't know what they'll make of us.'

Even as he spoke, the man who had first looked at them and his partner began to move away from the main group of dancers. They never stopped their flowing, graceful movements, but they were undoubtedly heading towards the group who still stood by the wall where the door had so recently been- but no longer.

Ciqala followed the two larger beings through the door, shoving it shut behind them with some effort. As he pushed it closed, leaning his back and most of his weight against it, it seemed to morph into the wall and vanish. He hoped fervently that he hadn't made a mistake as he straightened and looked at the people who his two companions seemed so captivated by.
'Bloody hell,' he squeaked as he saw the translucent skin, a wave of fear washing over him as he hurriedly backed up to the wall. 'What... What are they?'

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Tegan
Experienced Roleplayer

Things that I am :
  • ME Meercat
  • SR Salamander
  • DDC Dingo

PostSubject: Re: The Interminable Maze {Tegto~El}   Sat Dec 10, 2011 10:17 pm

Mira stared in disbelief. Had they really entered a room like this? The dancers were moving closer, time to find out if they were friendly. The two dancers parted from each other. Everything stopped. The other dancers parted, and as one turned to face the group. There translucent skin eerie in every possible way. Mira blinked waiting as the music too cut off. The girl, who was with the man who had come to see the ground stood behind her partner, as if afraid of the new comers. The man puffed his chest out, as if trying to appear bigger than he was before he spoke. His voice sounded like a child's. "Why aren't you dancing? You have to dance," he said softly. The women who was standing almost behind him whimpered softly.

In that moment, the whole chirade changed, and all the dancers had the features of children, but there height never wavered. They all looked afraid of the group, or maybe for the group. The next door was on the farthest end of the hall, and then two others on each side. Each had a different marking in the dead centered. Some kind of old and lost language that Mira wasn't aware even exsisted. This whole place felt dark without the party music playing. As if in a single moment everything end. Tension hung in the air. "You have to dance," the male man, or maybe he was a child, spoke again. "Hurry, before it's too late," he said, almost pleading. The other adult/children started to repeat the male man/child. "Dance!" they chanted softly in there little voices.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Artemis

Things that I am :
  • ME Meercat
  • SR Salamander
  • DDC Dingo
  • Alarmingly Excellent
  • Dragon Hoarder
  • Troll Fanatic
  • Medium Poster
  • Chatbox Spammer
  • Really Too Kind
  • Rebel of Rogue

PostSubject: Re: The Interminable Maze {Tegto~El}   Sun Dec 11, 2011 6:32 pm

Hoping that the eerie dancers hadn't noticed him, Ciqala edged behind his two companions, hiding behind their legs and peering tentatively out from behind them. When the man spoke, Ciqala shuddered at his unnatural voice, drawing back behind Armeno's legs again. He didn't see what happened next as the translucent faces morphed to those of children, but he was sure it would be no great loss to him that he couldn't look at them. Without the cheery music filling the room, it became strangely sinister, and he knew that he didn't want to spend any more time here than he had to. Why did they have to dance so urgently? What would happen if they didn't?

~*~

As the bizarre people became more and more childlike, Armeno's expression didn't waver, but he was horrified inside. What were they indeed? Surely they couldn't be natural? He watched the dancers' voiceboxes vibrate as they pleaded for him to dance. Were they the danger here, or was something else going to threaten them if not everyone was dancing? He quickly assessed their strength from the glasslike muscles which he could see below their slightly cloudy skin. It didn't look like they were particularly muscular, but of course they might have magical strength or some other power. He decided he'd take his chances and talk to them.
'Why do we need to dance? What will happen if we don't?' What will happen if we do? he added mentally. However, it probably wasn't a good idea to ask them that. As he waited for an answer, his gaze continued to sweep the room for threats as he always did, and the symbols on the doors caught his eye.
'That looks like Elvish,' he muttered with a slight frown.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Tegan
Experienced Roleplayer

Things that I am :
  • ME Meercat
  • SR Salamander
  • DDC Dingo

PostSubject: Re: The Interminable Maze {Tegto~El}   Sun Dec 11, 2011 10:52 pm

Mira watched the creature as it spoke to them. It's skin and the rest of there's already seemed to be growing color back. The worst part of that though was that that meant that the fleshy insides of the skin were getting color back first. Faint hues of red to be exact. That drew Mira's lips back into a snarl, but she remained silent. No, she was more focused on the doors. She truly couldn't understand what the lettering on the three doors meant. It was nothing she had ever seen before anywhere. But, she supposed she should start paying attention as her companions moved and spoke. First her eyes flickered to the movement of Ciqala. He seemed to be afraid of these translucent... humans? Or whatever they were. Then she returned her eyes back to the elf as he spoke on the effects of actually dancing. Was he serious. "Um," Mira whispered softly, "I don't know how to dance."

The creature didn't even seem to hear what Mira said for he was already going onto answering what the elf had asked. "You have to dance or die," the child thing spoke softly. He looked like he was shivering and the female behind him looked about to cry. The rest of them were still chanting to dance. Then suddenly the tension snapped in an audible bang as if thunder was exploding in the sky. The ceiling was starting to crumple. "You have to dance or we all die," the male added softer. "Please, you have to dance," the child thing begged. The chanting of the others were getting louder and louder. Something was happening in front of each door. Three different colors of smoke were starting to swirl into existence. Purple, blue and black smoke swirling. Red eyes peering from the smoke. Small glimpses seen here and there.

"Um... guys..." Mira said titling her head in the direction of the doors.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Interminable Maze {Tegto~El}   

Back to top Go down

The Interminable Maze {Tegto~El}
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next