• Dragon Hoarder
  • Troll Fanatic
  • Medium Poster
  • Chatbox Spammer
  • Really Too Kind
  • Rebel of Rogue

Female Loveliness : 73

PostSubject: Re: The Interminable Maze {Tegto~El}   Sat Dec 17, 2011 5:54 pm

It did indeed seem that the lack of dancing was doing something strange to the room. Armeno’s eyes warily took in the colour which was leaking into the dancers’ flesh, and the smoke from the doors. He suspected that the fact that colour had returned to the dancers as soon as they stood still was no coincidence; however, it was quite obvious that there was a problem when they stopped. The gleaming red eyes which could be seen through the smoke hadn’t escaped the elf’s notice. Out of dancing or dying, he was pretty sure that he’d choose dancing, and so he gestured urgently to Mira.

‘I know how to dance,’ he muttered to her. ‘Elvish dancing, but I doubt it will matter. Those doors…’ He frowned. The writing on them wasn’t Elvish, but it looked extremely similar, and he thought he might be able to guess at their meaning. If he was right, he thought he knew which door to go through. ‘We need to get out of one of them.’ But would they be able to find the doors through the smoke? Would they even still be there? Pushing the questions aside for the moment, he stepped towards Mira, hoping that dancing was the right choice.

On the floor, Ciqala chewed his lip anxiously. He couldn’t make his mind up as to what he should do- and besides, he had nobody to dance with even if he wanted to. He decided to bide his time and follow Armeno and Mira if they started waltzing off somewhere.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Tegan
Experienced Roleplayer

Things that I am :
  • ME Meercat
  • SR Salamander
  • DDC Dingo

Female Loveliness : 8
Location : In the meadow with the Cherry Blossom and the Willow Tree. ^^

PostSubject: Re: The Interminable Maze {Tegto~El}   Sun Dec 18, 2011 5:33 pm

Mira blinked. Dancing? With him? She swallowed hard for a moment then sighed. "Alright. I suppose we have to," she said quietly. She faced Armeno and cocked her head. "You lead," she said a little nervously. She wasn't thinking much about the coincidence of letting the two of them dance. She was more worried about failing at dancing. She was graceful, she had good agility, and she knew how to dodge around people, so this really shouldn't be all that hard right? Besides it would give them a better chance to look at the different doors while they were at it. Maybe one of them could figure out what the doors said. Still, it might be a little difficult without knowing what language that was.

"To be honest," she said quietly, "The smoke appeared when they stopped dancing. Maybe it goes away when they start again?" She was pretty sure that was how this would work, but she was entirely sure. After all, she'd been wrong before. "And if you think you might be able to read it, we can probably get close enough to one and stop without the smoke causing us trouble." That may end up being wishful thinking, but she was pretty sure it was possible in the end. Mira looked down at Ciqaia. "Will you be ok on the ground?" she asked. She didn't mean any offense by it. She was just seriously worried about it.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Artemis

Things that I am :
  • ME Meercat
  • SR Salamander
  • DDC Dingo
  • Alarmingly Excellent
  • Dragon Hoarder
  • Troll Fanatic
  • Medium Poster
  • Chatbox Spammer
  • Really Too Kind
  • Rebel of Rogue

PostSubject: Re: The Interminable Maze {Tegto~El}   Mon Dec 19, 2011 9:50 pm

'I think it would be best,' Armeno agreed, placing one hand lightly on Mira's back and taking her hand with the other. In response to her somewhat nervous request, he gave her a small smile. 'Don't worry about it. I can adapt Elvish dance to fit in here easily enough. You seem like you'd make a very good dancer, anyway.' The elves danced a lot more flamboyantly than these elegant and swirling people, but the elf had done far more difficult things than altering his dancing style a little.

'You know, that's a good thought,' he told her. 'I think so too. But then, we don't know... Maybe whatever's causing the changes won't like us intruding. We'll just have to see. Be ready to defend yourself.' He looked down at the homunculus, who was still hanging back on the ground. 'I don't think you'll be safe with all those feet. You might want to save your forcefields. Come up on my shoulder.' He took his hand from Mira's back and helped Ciqala up onto his shoulder, where the tiny man sat with his hands clenching fistfuls of the elf's messy black hair.

'Alright. Let's go.' Armeno moved off, leading Mira with him. As he had thought, she danced quite well, but he wasn't thinking about that so much as their destination as he steered them towards the doors on the back wall.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Tegan
Experienced Roleplayer

Things that I am :
  • ME Meercat
  • SR Salamander
  • DDC Dingo

PostSubject: Re: The Interminable Maze {Tegto~El}   Sat Dec 24, 2011 5:49 am

Once those two had started to dance, the entire room started to dance as well. As soon as they started to dance, the smoke reversed the way it was swirling and the red eyes turned green. The smoke was starting to retreat into nothingness, and yet it hung around too. As for the people who were dancing, there faced returned back to the normal masks of adults that looked there age. Then, the once returning skin pigments vanished once more till there skin was translucent again. It was strange how it worked, suddenly the music started again. Although, as Mira looked around, she didn't see anything that could actually make the noise. The mood in the room changed again as well. It was cheerful and joyful once more.

"Well, well," Mira said quietly. "Looks like we're both right?" she said as more of a question. She followed Armeno's steps, and kept was stepping on him. She moved her feet quickly a few times to try to avoid doing something wrong, but for the most part she wasn't that bad at this whole dancing thing. "Alright, time to head to door number one?" she asked as she looked towards the smoke that was the color of purple. That one was off to the left of the room. It was also the first one she'd noticed when they'd walked in. Besides, the way the people in the room were twirling, that was the way to move.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Artemis

Things that I am :
  • ME Meercat
  • SR Salamander
  • DDC Dingo
  • Alarmingly Excellent
  • Dragon Hoarder
  • Troll Fanatic
  • Medium Poster
  • Chatbox Spammer
  • Really Too Kind
  • Rebel of Rogue

PostSubject: Re: The Interminable Maze {Tegto~El}   Fri Jan 13, 2012 10:49 pm

Despite himself, Armeno let out a tense little breath as the other dancers started up again, the smoke receding somewhat and the glowing eyes shifting to a less threatening colour. Nonetheless, he felt caution was due as he steered them to the back wall.

'It would seem so,' he murmured in response to Mira. 'Just don't let yourself get too relaxed.' Somehow, he didn't think that was a likely thing to happen. He gave a wary look at the once-more transparent faces of the other couples before nodding to his own dance partner and executing a neat twirl, lifting her into the air, which spun them close to the door she had indicated. He paused them next to it for a moment, moving from some steps which kept them anchored to the same spot, as he snatched furtive glances at the symbol marked on the door. When he was as sure of its meaning as he could be, he let them drift back towards the main body of dancers. 'I could take a guess at its meaning,' he Mira in a low voice.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Tegan
Experienced Roleplayer

Things that I am :
  • ME Meercat
  • SR Salamander
  • DDC Dingo

PostSubject: Re: The Interminable Maze {Tegto~El}   Sat Jan 14, 2012 8:44 pm

Mira followed Armeno's movements as they danced around. She was a little out of place when she had to do the twirl. She got a little dizzy, not completely sure what exactly to do with her arm or feet, so she just twirled, her scarf swinging and twitching slightly. They were near the first door now and she looked at it while she tried to copy Amreno's complex movements of dance steps while holding still. She truly had no idea what to make of the symbol on it, and gave up after a little while. She hoped that Armeno could make heads or tails of it. She had absolutely no idea.

When the pair started to drift back towards the main hall, Mira turned her attention back towards Armeno. "And your guess would be?" she hissed under her breath. She was completely curious, and she flicked her eyes around to make sure no one had caught on to what they were doing. A couple had seen them by the door and had looked worried for a moment, but when they'd drifted back towards the group they quickly forgot what they'd seen. That was good, it meant the trio was still safe. For now.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Artemis

Things that I am :
  • ME Meercat
  • SR Salamander
  • DDC Dingo
  • Alarmingly Excellent
  • Dragon Hoarder
  • Troll Fanatic
  • Medium Poster
  • Chatbox Spammer
  • Really Too Kind
  • Rebel of Rogue

PostSubject: Re: The Interminable Maze {Tegto~El}   Fri Feb 10, 2012 6:48 pm

Before he answered, Armeno scanned the faces of the other dancers. None of them looked particularly concerned, but just swirled around the room with effortless grace. They would really be quite beautiful to watch if it weren't for their skin; they all seemed to be good-looking in the shape of their faces. But as it was, they couldn't really hope to achieve anything other than creepy.
'It's... Hm. Well, a warning of danger. Not exactly a word, it's not something you'd use in conversation. You'd just mention that it was written somewhere, or whatever. You'd put it on anything which you wanted people to be wary of. But...' He frowned. 'I don't understand the setup here. It seems like the people are here against their will, but there's just not enough information to be sure of anything.' He had been talking in a murmur, and he ended on an easy smile, hoping that it would be assumed that they were talking about something harmless. Once again, he flicked his gaze around the room, searching for any signs of suspicion or trouble.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Tegan
Experienced Roleplayer

Things that I am :
  • ME Meercat
  • SR Salamander
  • DDC Dingo

PostSubject: Re: The Interminable Maze {Tegto~El}   Mon Mar 26, 2012 2:19 am

Mira nodded to herself as she mauled over the information. So door number one was a warning. Alright, so perhaps that was out. Or maybe it was their best bet. It was still too soon to tell. They had three other doors they needed to head to and look at. So this would either get better or worse. So which door to go to now? The smoke puffs seemed to be caught between being there and gone. Where they weary of the trio? She wasn't sure. But they didn't like them getting near the doors.

Mira's scarf twitched slightly as she felt something weird against her skin, but it wasn't painful, or anything. More like the feeling of something going to itch, but never really being an itch. She mentally shrugged it off and gave a small laugh that seemed in place with the easy smile that the elf gave her. Then she pasted a smile on her face and cocked her head towards the other doors just slightly. "Which one now?" she asked with a soft innocent tone. "Lead on."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Interminable Maze {Tegto~El}   

Back to top Go down

The Interminable Maze {Tegto~El}
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2