Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Out On A Whim (Zay X Eldarwen)

Go down 
3 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
AuthorMessage
Eldarwen
Admin
Eldarwen

Things that I am :
  • Alarmingly Excellent
  • Minion of Monty
  • Thrall of Zay

Female Loveliness : 68

Out On A Whim (Zay X Eldarwen) - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Out On A Whim (Zay X Eldarwen)   Out On A Whim (Zay X Eldarwen) - Page 5 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 16, 2014 8:25 pm

Zeke had turned back to Ixas at some point during the conversation as the latter tried to explain how he should handle seeking a relationship. He almost laughed out loud when Ixas suggested not scaring them with his fire, the literal image quite simply making him want to laugh until he fell from his branch, though he also knew that his friend was right.

“I think finding someone to match my... fire, as you put it, is going to be what’s really posing the challenge. Women don’t generally have trouble realising they like me but you’re right in that finding someone who could stick with me for a longer period of time might pose a bit of a problem.”

When Ixas asked about Selene however, Zeke could no longer hold back his laughter. Running a hand through his already somewhat wild hair, he replied: “No, she shouldn’t be like that. She shouldn’t be as bullheaded. But that is exactly what I like about her. She isn’t the typical woman who let’s anyone dictate what she should do or whom she should marry. She prefers to make these decisions herself.” He shook his head, thinking about his younger sister, and an ache suddenly filled his heart.

“I shouldn’t have left her like that,” he muttered as he let himself fall back against the tree. “I should never have left her without making sure that she was happy. Sometimes I wonder if she’ll ever forgive me.” Sighing, he continued after a small pause. “Selene was never the typical woman, unlike our other sister who got married fairly early to a man our parents very much approved of. She then proceeded to create a nice little household and squeeze out a few children. But Selene... I never pictured her to be someone to be happy with such a life. In that respect, she kind of reminded me of myself back when I still thought that marriage was a completely ridiculous thing. Love is a different matter,” he quickly added, “but marriage... I don’t know. And for Selene it has never been easy in that respect. Our parents wanted her to be like her sister, wanted her to marry early and they even chose suitors for her, but she rejected them all and the more they pushed her, the more she went against them. It was around that time that I left. I don’t know what happened to her after that.”
Back to top Go down
Zay
Admin
Zay

Things that I am :
  • SR Salamander
  • Medium Poster
  • Platypus
  • Chatbox Spammer
  • Minion of Monty
  • Underling of Eldar

Female Loveliness : 62

PostSubject: Re: Out On A Whim (Zay X Eldarwen)   Out On A Whim (Zay X Eldarwen) - Page 5 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 16, 2014 9:26 pm

"I think they would not." He remarked, realising quite easily how Zeke might have been so vibrant in appearance to them; it would be a shame for them to not be able to sate his thirst for adventure. This was the man that scaled and fell from cliffs as a part of his daily life. Yet, Ixas found he did not agree with what Zeke spoke of his sister. He spoke as if those were good qualities, and they were not. She was not older and wiser like her mother and father and she should have known to listen to them like any good woman. To live solidly and with contentment was the only good way to live as a wife.

Ixas did frown then, he could not claim to stand by what Zeke allegedly had done to Selene; leaving those that needed you most was certainly a crime. He would know, as he had done the same albeit in great reluctance.
"I feel sorry for her." He said, plainly, not one to hide his true thoughts. "That she should think and behave that way...I think, it must show...something is wrong. In her mind."
Why would she turn away her chances to find happiness? Unless the men were of dubious character, Ixas could not fathom it. It was not her place to be throwing away men that offered their gift of matrimony to her.
Back to top Go down
http://www.google.co.uk
Eldarwen
Admin
Eldarwen

Things that I am :
  • Alarmingly Excellent
  • Minion of Monty
  • Thrall of Zay

PostSubject: Re: Out On A Whim (Zay X Eldarwen)   Out On A Whim (Zay X Eldarwen) - Page 5 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 16, 2014 9:35 pm

“Something wrong in her mind?” At first, Zeke didn’t quite understand what Ixas was getting at but the way he spoke and the fact that he felt sorry for Selene but not because she had a mind of her own but.. he couldn’t be sure but it almost sounded as though Ixas thought his sister was a headcase.

“What’s wrong with her behaviour? Why shouldn’t she aim for something her own heart desires rather than settle for something someone else has chosen to be just good enough for her?” Hadn’t the man just said himself that Zeke should aim for someone who could match his fire?

Why should such a piece of advice only be true for him but not for his sister? Because she was a woman? Sure, women, or wives, should probably conform to certain rules and to their husbands in at least a minor kind of way, since men were the heads of houses, but that didn’t mean that she couldn’t wait to marry someone she truly loved rather than settle for someone other people deigned good enough for her but whom she may not even care about.
Back to top Go down
Zay
Admin
Zay

Things that I am :
  • SR Salamander
  • Medium Poster
  • Platypus
  • Chatbox Spammer
  • Minion of Monty
  • Underling of Eldar

PostSubject: Re: Out On A Whim (Zay X Eldarwen)   Out On A Whim (Zay X Eldarwen) - Page 5 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 16, 2014 9:42 pm

Ixas was a little surprised to see Zeke's discordance to his words, but on another thought, not at all. He would not understand.
"People that do things, like that...they cause grief to their family." He said, and it was almost as simple as that. That alone should have been a good reason to accept at least the best of her suitors, if not one of the suitors given to her sooner. "Their mother and father sees them turning away the men...and it makes them worried, fearful...what if she will never marry?" And then she could bear no children, would not continue any family, would only be a fading ornament with time.

"The first tug of a woman's heart is often a guise. A man knows when he finds the woman he needs. But she needs guidance that only her parents can give." He explained, his voice as calm as ever, so assured in the truths he spoke.
Back to top Go down
Eldarwen
Admin
Eldarwen

Things that I am :
  • Alarmingly Excellent
  • Minion of Monty
  • Thrall of Zay

PostSubject: Re: Out On A Whim (Zay X Eldarwen)   Out On A Whim (Zay X Eldarwen) - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 19, 2014 2:01 pm

“A woman has just as much a right to choose the one she loves than a man. Saying anything else is just being a patronising dictator and nobody wants that. My parents handled the whole thing wrong from the beginning. My younger sister fell in love and they happened to approve so they instantly thought it should be the same for the rest of us. I at least could escape, even though they wouldn’t have forced me to marry some woman they’d picked out for me.”

Zeke deliberately didn’t try to read too much into Ixas’ view on this. He knew his friend was a bit unbending in his beliefs; after all, he had experienced that first hand when they had almost been burnt alive because Ixas had refused to believe that some people were not to be healed or hoped for. Either way, he didn’t know what it had been like, what his parents were like. Why would he understand?

He wasn’t particularly interested however in keeping this conversation going but he didn’t want to just abruptly leave either because that would be rude and somewhat childish as well.
Back to top Go down
Zay
Admin
Zay

Things that I am :
  • SR Salamander
  • Medium Poster
  • Platypus
  • Chatbox Spammer
  • Minion of Monty
  • Underling of Eldar

PostSubject: Re: Out On A Whim (Zay X Eldarwen)   Out On A Whim (Zay X Eldarwen) - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 19, 2014 5:55 pm

"No she does not." Ixas shook his head abruptly, not knowing how this man could think like this. Women were delicate and emotional creatures, and choosing such a serious thing as one's marriage partner was not a subject of emotion but longevity, balance and spirituality. Emotion was the reward for such a wise choice, not the foundation. "And it does not make a patronising dictator." New words to him, as he sounded them carefully, though he felt the gist of them. "It is wise to be aware of the truth. Trust in those with experience, not the heart in a moment. Such feelings are weak and melt fast. The best comes after the foundation is built. Then love begins."

How could his parents have raised him so? It was no wonder at all that he was out here, roaming and wifeless and his sister had even more ill-fortune; without a husband, aimless and unruly as Zeke spoke of.
"Perhaps you should try a different way. I do not see how you have benefited from your way."
Ixas nodded again, the suggestion sounding perfectly sensible.
Back to top Go down
Eldarwen
Admin
Eldarwen

Things that I am :
  • Alarmingly Excellent
  • Minion of Monty
  • Thrall of Zay

PostSubject: Re: Out On A Whim (Zay X Eldarwen)   Out On A Whim (Zay X Eldarwen) - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 20, 2014 10:01 am

“I don’t see you harmed by the way we are currently leading our lives because yours is not as different from mine as you seem to think. Why should it not benefit me to be on my own and to live the way I do? Life doesn’t revolve around having a wife. And I like my life, thank you very much.”

Zeke had had enough. As much as he liked Ixas, the patronising manner was starting to seriously get on his nerves. Plus, what was the use in arguing? The man clearly didn’t want to hear any other opinions and only heard the words he wanted to hear, casually ignoring the rest it seemed or whatever was between the lines, and while Zeke didn’t care much about such matters, when it came to bad-mouthing his sister and the rest of his family, as much as he disliked them at times, he wasn’t going to put up with it.

“I am going down,” he grunted, pointing towards the shore. What he had not decided yet was how he was going to get to his destination. Should he just let himself drop from the branch conveniently placed over the steep way down? Or should he climb down the tree and try to find a path? Maybe the second would be more sensible, but at the moment, he very much felt like the first.

However, he finally settled on a middle way and let himself drop from the relatively high-up branch to land on the edge of the cliff before wandering along to find a way down to the shore, determined to enjoy the remainder of the day, whether Ixas followed him or not.
Back to top Go down
Zay
Admin
Zay

Things that I am :
  • SR Salamander
  • Medium Poster
  • Platypus
  • Chatbox Spammer
  • Minion of Monty
  • Underling of Eldar

PostSubject: Re: Out On A Whim (Zay X Eldarwen)   Out On A Whim (Zay X Eldarwen) - Page 5 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 21, 2014 7:32 pm

Before Ixas could respond to Zeke and inform him that, actually, having a wife was very important sooner or later and as such had to be married correctly, Zeke had begun his descent.
Ixas was not sure what to do then, watching him with a mild frown on his face, not understanding why he should be so upset over plain and well intended advice. He had been helpful and understanding, not brutish and tactless.

"Then I will meet with you later." Ixas called down, watching as Zeke clambered lower still, not inclined to follow him when he had put him in a bad mood. That was exceptionally rare for Zeke, had what he said been so bad? No...Zeke just did not yet understand, that was all.
"One day you will know." He spoke aloud, letting his voice echo in the trees. Ixas began to shuffle on his branch, feeling the great warmth and humidity all around him, they were not far from Golam at all...it was just that sort of a place, and Ixas had never know "forests" or air like this.

Thinking it better not to remain idle for too long himself, Ixas pulled himself forward as he sat astride on the branch, his expression blank as he thought to himself. They would need more money and food, didn't they always, it was easy to forget such things in this setting however. Deftly swinging himself to one side he began climbing down the tree as if born to it.
He did not know fully what beasts lurked in this special type of forest, but he would need to find another to earn them some coins. Until then, he would have to make sure Zeke was not feeling too disgruntled with him...but right now he needed space.

There were dragons nearby, he knew that, in fact he was sure their numbers had swelled from the amount he usually found in forests, but this was no ordinary forest. Perhaps if he could take down one of those instead? That would last them both a long time, though some looked far too strong for arrows to kill in any reasonable time, without killing them both first.
But perhaps a dragon hunt was what they needed, with or without Zeke, it would need to be done. He would let the man do what he would for now; Ixas was quieter, stealthier, when alone anyway.

For now he skirted along the cliffs, never straying too far from his companion.
Back to top Go down
Eldarwen
Admin
Eldarwen

Things that I am :
  • Alarmingly Excellent
  • Minion of Monty
  • Thrall of Zay

PostSubject: Re: Out On A Whim (Zay X Eldarwen)   Out On A Whim (Zay X Eldarwen) - Page 5 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 23, 2014 8:10 pm

A bit of space seemed what they both needed, Zeke realised when Ixas followed him down the tree but didn’t come any closer. It would probably be good for them to cool down a little. He wasn’t quite sure either why he was reacting this fiercely, but Selene... Selene was vulnerable, and he felt bad enough for having left her on her own, the least he could do was defend her if someone was talking badly about her. He should never have brought it up and from now on he would make sure that the topic wouldn’t stray towards his sister anymore. Ixas didn’t understand. Might never understand.

The landscape was beautiful here however and he couldn’t help but wonder if maybe someday this would be the area where he would settle down. It was tranquil but yet exciting at the same time, Golam, Yarrowitz and rainforest, cliffs, Volcane Belt not too far either. It would provide a rather interesting mix for a wild spirit such as himself.

All of a sudden, Zeke stopped dead in his tracks, head lifted towards the rainforest like a dog. Had he heard right? Had that been a dragon roar?
And what exactly was Ixas doing hedging in that general direction and keeping an eye on things as though he were hunting prey.
“I hope you’re not planning on taking down a dragon?” Zeke joked as he called out to his companion. “Even I am not crazy enough for that!”
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Out On A Whim (Zay X Eldarwen)   Out On A Whim (Zay X Eldarwen) - Page 5 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Out On A Whim (Zay X Eldarwen)
Page 5 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5