Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

DC Recipies

Go down 
+2
Rogue
Echo
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Echo
Experienced Roleplayer
Echo

Things that I am :
  • Dragon Hoarder
  • Short Poster
  • Platypus
  • Chatbox Spammer
  • Rebel of Rogue

Male Loveliness : 14

DC Recipies Empty
PostSubject: DC Recipies   DC Recipies Icon_minitimeMon Jan 03, 2011 3:35 pm

Got any recipies you want to share, but jusy don't know where to upt them? Well, LOOK NO FURTHER! Here, you can put recipies that people ask for, or recipies that you just think are cool. We all love food, so don't deprive us of it if you think it's great!
Back to top Go down
Echo
Experienced Roleplayer
Echo

Things that I am :
  • Dragon Hoarder
  • Short Poster
  • Platypus
  • Chatbox Spammer
  • Rebel of Rogue

Male Loveliness : 14

DC Recipies Empty
PostSubject: Re: DC Recipies   DC Recipies Icon_minitimeMon Jan 03, 2011 4:10 pm

Cinnamon-Swirl Egg Bread

Ingredients:
4 3/4 to 5 1/4 cups all-purpouse flour
1 package active dry yeast
1 1/3 cups milk
1 1/2 cup and 3 tablespoons sugar
2-3 teaspoons ground cinnamon
3 tablespoons margarine or butter
1/2 teaspoon salt
2 eggs

Oven 375 degrees
Makes two loaves 32 servings

Combine 2 cups of the flour and the yeast. In a saucepan heat and stir milk, 3 tablespoons sugar, margarine/butter, and salt till warm (120 to 130 degrees) and butter/margarine almost melts. add to flour mix along with eggs. beat with an electric mixer on low speed for 30 seconds, scraping bwl constantly. Beat on high speed for three minutes. Using a spoon, stir in as much remaining flour as you can.
Turn out on a lightly floured surface. Knead in enough of the remaining flour to make a moderatly stiff dough that is smooth and elastic (6 to 8 minute total). Shape into a ball. Place in a lightly greased bowl; turn once to grease surface. Cover and let rise until double size (about 60 minutes)
Punch down dough. Turn out on a lightly floured surface. Divide in half. Roll each half of dough into a 12x7 inch rectangle. Brush one side lightly with water. Combine 1/2 cup sugar and cinnamon. Sprinkle half of mixture over each rectangle. Roll up from one of the short sides. Seal edge and ends. Place, seam side down, in greased loaf pans. Cover and let rise till almost double (about 30 minutes). Bake in a 375 degree oven for 25 to thirty minutes or unti done. Cover loosely the last ten-fifteen minutes of baking, if neccesary. Remove from pans; cool

And now you have some Cinnamon-Swirl Egg Bread! Go nuts!
Back to top Go down
Rogue
Rogue

Things that I am :
  • Alarmingly Excellent
  • Chatbox Spammer
  • Underling of Eldar

Female Loveliness : 69

DC Recipies Empty
PostSubject: Re: DC Recipies   DC Recipies Icon_minitimeFri Feb 04, 2011 8:35 pm

Om-nom yummy cherry biscuits!

Ingredients:
8oz Self-raising flour
4oz Margarine
40z Sugar (make sure you take the vanilla sticks out of the sugar when you add it to the other stuff, otherwise you end up choking on them and dying when you go to nom your biscuits)
1 Egg
Glace cherries

Makes 2 trays of biscuits
I think it's 180'c oven?

Mix up the flour, margarine and sugar until they're well mixed and the margarine isn't in big lumps in the bowl. Add the egg and stir it up until the mixture has turned into one big lump and you can pick it up without it falling to bits. If it's too dry, add some milk or water. If it's too wet, add more flour.
Pull little handfuls of the mixture off the lump and roll them into balls. Don't eat loads of the mixture, because although it tastes really good, you can feel kinda sick if you eat too much, and the more you eat now, the less cookies you have later! Put the balls a little apart on a greased baking tray and squish them flat. Put half a cherry on top of each one (or cinnamon or chocolate chips or smarties, but they lose their colour when you bake them now so beware with them).
Now put them in the oven and do the washing up. Or reply to the plot, or something else spiffy like that for 10-15 minutes. Or until "they're golden brown". Make sure they're cooked in the middle, and try not to burn your tongue when you inevitably start to nom on them as you get them out the oven :3

Enjoy!
Back to top Go down
Rogue
Rogue

Things that I am :
  • Alarmingly Excellent
  • Chatbox Spammer
  • Underling of Eldar

DC Recipies Empty
PostSubject: Re: DC Recipies   DC Recipies Icon_minitimeTue Feb 08, 2011 6:45 pm

So we had this for dinner last night, and I know it's not UK, but OMG, it tasted goooooood.

Texas Cornbread

Ingredients:
Cornbread Batter:
1 cup yellow cornmeal
2 large eggs
1 cup of milk
½ teaspoon of baking soda
1 teaspoon of salt1 can of creamed corn
¼ cup of bacon drippings (can substitute for butter)
Cornbread Filling:
1 pound of ground beef (can substitute for alternative meat product)
2 onions
½ pound of grated cheese
½ cup jalapenos

Method
1. In mixing bowl, combine cornmeal, salt, and baking soda. Add buttermilk, creamed corn, and
egg: beat until batter is smooth and set aside.
2. Place bacon drippings into an iron skillet or baking dish and heat in preheated oven.
3. Then lightly brown the ground beef with the chopped onions.
4. Pour half the batter in to the hot dish and sprinkle on the browned beef, cheese and jalapenos,
top with the remaining batter.
5. Bake at 350°F for 45-50 minutes.
Back to top Go down
Eldarwen
Admin
Eldarwen

Things that I am :
  • Alarmingly Excellent
  • Minion of Monty
  • Thrall of Zay

Female Loveliness : 68

DC Recipies Empty
PostSubject: Re: DC Recipies   DC Recipies Icon_minitimeSat Feb 25, 2012 2:33 pm

Sunken Cherrycake

Ingredients:
300g of sour cherries / morello cherries
5 egg yolks
180g of sugar
80g of butter or margarine
180g of flour
1/2 packet of baking powder
5 egg whites
some icing sugar

How to do it:
If your cherries still have the pits, wash the fruit and remove the pits first.
Grease your baking form, which should preferably be a springform pan with a 26cm diameter, and put a very light coat of flour over the grease.
Pre-heat the oven to 190°.
Mix the egg yolks with half of the sugar and the butter/margarine until light. Slowly mix in the sifted flour and baking powder.
Mix the egg whites with the remaining sugar and then carefully fold into the dough.
Put the dough into the baking form and spread the cherries on it, then lightly push the cherries into the dough.
Bake it for 50-60 minutes.

While baking, the cherries will completely sink into the dough and disappear into it.
When it's done, let the cake cool off for a bit and then sprinkle some icing sugar on top.
Back to top Go down
Eliza
Eliza

Things that I am :
  • Gold Hoarder
  • Medium Poster
  • Really Too Kind
  • Thrall of Zay
  • Rebel of Rogue

Female Loveliness : 8

DC Recipies Empty
PostSubject: Re:   DC Recipies Icon_minitimeSat Mar 10, 2012 6:59 pm

Hot Milk Cake

Ingredients:
4 eggs
2 cups sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
2-1/4 cups all-purpose flour
2-1/4 teaspoons baking powder
1-1/4 cups 2% milk
10 tablespoons butter, cubed

Directions:
In a large bowl, beat eggs on high speed for 5 minutes or until thick and lemon-colored. Gradually add sugar, beating until mixture is light and fluffy. Beat in vanilla. Combine flour and baking powder; gradually add to batter; beat at low speed until smooth.
In a small saucepan, heat milk and butter just until butter is melted. Gradually add to batter; beat just until combined.
Pour into a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking pan. Bake at 350° for 30-35 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool on a wire rack. Yield: 12-16 servings.

Nutritional Facts:
1 serving (1 piece) equals 254 calories, 9 g fat (5 g saturated fat), 75 mg cholesterol, 154 mg sodium, 39 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 4 g protein.
Back to top Go down
Rogue
Rogue

Things that I am :
  • Alarmingly Excellent
  • Chatbox Spammer
  • Underling of Eldar

DC Recipies Empty
PostSubject: Re: DC Recipies   DC Recipies Icon_minitimeSun Mar 11, 2012 4:09 pm

Chimichangaaaas!
Yummy Mexican parckets of awesomeness. (Vegetarian version)
DC Recipies 5560038312_e09ea73d97
Ingredients:
Mexican wraps
Chilli
Fajita mix or other sorts of spice stuff (I think I have garam masala?)
Red kidney beans or chickpeas
Rice or lentils (or both!)
Spinach or some sort of greenery
Celery
Pepper
Sombrero (Required)

(Carnivore alternative: Add chicken too. Or some other something you have in your fridge.)

Basically anything you want to use up, something carbohydrate-y and Mexican tortilla wraps!

1. Put on some awesome music, like, something Mexican sounding. Also a sombrero.
2. Cook the rice/lentils in a pan.
3. While you’re doing that, get a frying pan, shove in some oil and your kidney beans, then the greenery/random mix of food. Add spices and EXTRA CHILLI 8D
Seriously, add some more chilli. You’ll hardly taste it anyway, and this is supposed to be /Mexican/.
4. Drain the rice/lentils and mix them up into all the other stuff so it goes a lovely brownish colour.
5. Put the oven on gas 7. or some electric conversion I don’t know, because I have gas here…
6. FUN BIT: Get your wraps and put them on a baking tray. Spoon a load of your cooked yumminess into the middle of the wrap, then fold it up into a parcel. TURN IT OVER, so the folded edges are on the bottom. Otherwise it’ll just flop open, everything’ll burn and it won’t go all nice and crispy yum.
7. Make like 50000 of these. Seriously, you’ll want to eat more than 1, if you’re using little wraps like I’ve got. I eat like 3 at a time :3
8. Pour some oil over the top and rub it all over your wrap-package so it’s a bit shiny. Don’t overdo it, because we don’t need you dying of high cholesterol (or whatever oil does to you).
9. Put them in the oven for about 15 minutes, “or until golden brown”, like the recipe books say.
10. Get them out and EAT THEM 8D
11. They probably would taste quite good with guacamole and yoghurt. Also maybe spiced rice? That sort of stuff. Yeah.
Back to top Go down
Eliza
Eliza

Things that I am :
  • Gold Hoarder
  • Medium Poster
  • Really Too Kind
  • Thrall of Zay
  • Rebel of Rogue

DC Recipies Empty
PostSubject: Re:   DC Recipies Icon_minitimeWed May 16, 2012 11:13 pm

Easy Soft Caramels

DC Recipies Exps7614_CC1049408D55B

Ingredients

1 tablespoon plus 1 cup butter, divided
2 cups sugar
1-3/4 cups light corn syrup
2 cups half-and-half cream
1 cup chopped pecans, optional

Directions

Line an 11-in. x 7-in. pan with foil; grease with 1 tablespoon butter and set aside. In a large heavy saucepan, combine the sugar, corn syrup and remaining butter. Bring to a boil over medium heat, stirring constantly; boil gently for 4 minutes without stirring.

Remove from the heat; stir in cream. Reduce heat to medium-low and cook until a candy thermometer reads 238° (soft-ball stage), stirring constantly.

Remove from the heat; stir in vanilla and pecans if desired. Pour into prepared pan; cool. Using foil, lift candy out of pan. Gently peel off foil; cut candy into 1-in. squares. Yield: 2 pounds.

*User Note: Using the recommended amount of butter yielded more like a thick sauce when I made these instead of chewy candies. Try using a little less butter than called for, and when you're cooking it you can always add more if the consistency's not quite right.

**Editor's Note: We recommend that you test your candy thermometer before each use by bringing water to a boil; the thermometer should read 212°. Adjust your recipe temperature up or down based on your test.
Back to top Go down
Eliza
Eliza

Things that I am :
  • Gold Hoarder
  • Medium Poster
  • Really Too Kind
  • Thrall of Zay
  • Rebel of Rogue

DC Recipies Empty
PostSubject: Re: DC Recipies   DC Recipies Icon_minitimeMon Jun 11, 2012 6:56 pm

Meringue Cookies

Ingredients:

3 Large Egg Whites
3/4 Cup of Sugar
1 Tsp. Salt
1 Tsp. Cream of Tartar
1 Tsp. Vanilla Extract
1 Tsp. Orange Zest (Can be substituted with lime/lemon zest or other flavorings.)

Directions

1. Preheat oven to 200 degrees. Combine egg whites and sugar in a heatproof bowl. Add vanilla bean seeds. Set bowl over a pot of simmering water, and stir until sugar dissolves and mixture is warm, about 3 minutes. Add salt and cream of tartar.

2. Beat with a mixer on medium-high speed until stiff, glossy peaks form and meringue is mostly cooled, about 7 minutes. Beat in zest.

3. Fit a pastry bag with a 1/2-inch round tip (Ateco #805). Fill bag with meringue, and pipe 1 3/4-inch circular shapes (they don't need to be perfect rounds) 2 inches apart on 2 parchment-lined baking sheets. As you finish piping each shape, apply less pressure to pastry bag, and swirl the tip off in a circular motion.

4. Bake meringues until crisp on the outside but still soft inside, about 1 hour 15 minutes. Let cool completely on a wire rack.
Back to top Go down
Artemis
Artemis

Things that I am :
  • ME Meercat
  • SR Salamander
  • DDC Dingo
  • Alarmingly Excellent
  • Dragon Hoarder
  • Troll Fanatic
  • Medium Poster
  • Chatbox Spammer
  • Really Too Kind
  • Rebel of Rogue

Female Loveliness : 73

DC Recipies Empty
PostSubject: Re: DC Recipies   DC Recipies Icon_minitimeTue Aug 21, 2012 4:39 pm

Peanut Butter Squares

So, I believe I told Rogue I would put this recipe up? And I haven't yet, so here it is. They taste a bit like Reese's Peanut Butter cups but BETTER (in my opinion). I don't really like how sticky peanut butter is, it clogs up your mouth, but if you share that sentiment then don't reject this recipe- they're not like that Very Happy

Ingredients:
Base-
50g dark muscovado sugar
200g icing sugar
50g unsalted butter
200g smooth peanut butter
Topping-
200g milk chocolate (can substitute some for plain)
100g plain chocolate (can substitute some for milk)
1 tablespoon unsalted butter

You'll want to use a flat square/rectangular tin... size doesn't matter exactly but the book says 23cm square brownie tin, which is 9.1 inches. Grease it or line it or something... Precision cooking 8D

Stir the base ingredients together. It will be kinda weird and lumpy, especially the sugar, but that is okay. It will be sort of like crumbly dough. Sort of. Just squidge into the bottom of the tin and try to make it flat.
For the topping, just melt the ingredients together, make sure it's all well mixed and then pour/spread it evenly over the base. Put it in the fridge to set and keep it in the fridge because they are muuuuch better cold and not melty. They are very melty, which tastes good but is a bit messy.
When it's set, cut it up, but keep the pieces quite small cause otherwise you'll throw up or at least feel very queasy. You can always have more than one if there's not enough Wink
Back to top Go down
Eliza
Eliza

Things that I am :
  • Gold Hoarder
  • Medium Poster
  • Really Too Kind
  • Thrall of Zay
  • Rebel of Rogue

DC Recipies Empty
PostSubject: Re: DC Recipies   DC Recipies Icon_minitimeFri Feb 01, 2013 9:04 pm

The Elvis

Ingredients:

• 1/2 package of Nutter Butter cookies
  • 5 Tbs unsalted butter
  • 2 8oz. packages Philadelphia cream cheese, softened
  • 1/2 cup sugar
  • 1/2 cup mashed ripe banana
  • 1 4oz. jar Gerber baby food strained bananas (optional)
  • 2 large eggs
  • 1/3 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
  • 2 heaping Tbs crunchy peanut butter

Directions:

• Chop cookies in a food processor into crumbs
  • Melt butter and add to crumbs, blend well
  • Press into bottom of 9-inch springform pan lined with parchment paper
  • Bake in preheated 350 degree oven for 10 minutes
  • Combine cream cheese and sugar with a hand mixer on medium speed until well blended
  • Add eggs one at a time, mixing well after each one
  • Add fresh bananas mix at low speed just until blended
  • Pour over baked cookie crust and bake at 350 degrees for 40 minutes
  • After 10 minutes run a knife around the rim of the pan to separate
  • Let cool for 30 minutes
  • Melt chocolate and stir in peanut butter
  • Spoon into plastic bag, snip a corner off one end and squeeze mixture over the cheesecake in a swirl pattern
  • Refrigerate overnight, or dig in immediately if you can't help yourself
Back to top Go down
Stormkatz
Stormkatz

Things that I am :
  • ME Meercat
  • DDC Dingo
  • "Nice Girl"
  • Troll
  • Medium Poster
  • Chatbox Spammer
  • Really Too Kind
  • Rebel of Rogue

Female Loveliness : 16

DC Recipies Empty
PostSubject: Re: DC Recipies   DC Recipies Icon_minitimeThu Feb 21, 2013 9:59 pm

Mini chocolate teacakes!
Made these the other day, really pleased. ingredients split into groups for ease.

Part one: marshmallow fluff
(note: shop bought marshmallow fluff can be used instead, it's just nice to do it yourself ^^)

Ingredients:
200 grams granulated sugar
150 grams golden syrup (or corn syrup, if available, but it's not here Razz)
100 ml water
2 egg whites

Instructions:
1) Simmer water, sugar and syrup in a pan for about 10 minutes
2) After the sugar mix has been simmering for 5 minutes, start whisking the egg whites on a medium speed
3) When the egg whites form stiff peaks and the sugar mix is done, start pouring the sugar into the egg SLOWLY! Scrape the sides of the bowl with the electric mixer and add the sugar bit by bit.
4) When all the syrup mix is added, turn up the speed on the mixer to high and whip until the marshmallow mix looks glossy. this will take about 7 minutes.
5) add vanilla extract (optional) and whip for another two minutes.
6) Cool the fluff, then use a spoon to form small-ish balls on a sheet of tin foil. Put these in the freezer to harden. This makes them easier to use.

(leftover fluff can be kept in an airtight container in the fridge for up to two weeks)

part two: biscuit bases

ingredients:
6 oz (150g) plain flour
2 oz (50g) caster (or granulated) sugar
4 oz (100g) butter/margarine
+ demerara or caster sugar for rolling

instructions:
1) mix sugar and flour in a bowl
2) add butter/marge in chunks and rub in. It will form a paste, but doing the first bit by hand gives a better texture. Then use a spoon.
3) roll the mix into a big sausage shape, as thick as you want the base of your teacakes, and roll the sausage in the rest of the sugar.
4) Using a sharp knife, carefully cut the sausage into thin slices (biscuit thickness) and place on a greased baking tray.
5) Bake in a pre-heated oven (about 160'C) for about 10 minutes, until the edges are just going golden brown, but not burnt. Time needed varies depending on how big the biscuits are going to be.

part 3: assembly

Ingredients:
milk or dark chocolate to coat teacakes. I used 200g and it did a very small batch, so use LOTS.

instructions:
1) Take the frozen fluff out of the freezer and roll in your hands to form a better ball shape. Put them back in the freezer to keep the shape. This will be messy, so wash your hands afterwards.
2) Melt the chocolate and let it cool, until it's thick but not lumpy. This can be done faster by melting half, then taking the chocolate away from whatever heat source you've been using and adding the other half cold. Any lumps can be cleared out by heating gently, but it shouldn't be necessary.
3) Now comes the tricky bit. Take the now-frozen marshmallow fluff out of the freezer again. It should be soft, but not melty. Place a blob on each biscuit and spoon melted chocolate over the whole thing. place on tin foil or baking paper and put in a fridge/cool place. They'll be a bit misshapen, and the marshmallow may burst through the chocolate a little, but they taste LOADS better that shop-bough ones ^^
Back to top Go down
Eldarwen
Admin
Eldarwen

Things that I am :
  • Alarmingly Excellent
  • Minion of Monty
  • Thrall of Zay

Female Loveliness : 68

DC Recipies Empty
PostSubject: Re: DC Recipies   DC Recipies Icon_minitimeWed Mar 27, 2013 3:29 pm

Since people seem to enjoy cream eggs so much, I thought I'd paste this link I just stumbled across:
http://uk.lifestyle.yahoo.com/make-your-own-cadbury-creme-eggs-how-to-homemade-easter-recipe-092758473.html

In case the link should at some point not work anymore, here's the recipe copy-pasted:

To make 15 to 20 eggs:

Ingredients

1/2 cup Lyle's golden syrup (or corn syrup)
6 tablespoons butter
1/2 teaspoon salt
3 drops orange blossom water (optional)
1 vanilla bean, seeds removed (optional)
12oz icing sugar
12 oz dark chocolate (or dark chocolate chips)

Method

1. Place butter, golden syrup, salt, orange blossom water (if using), vanilla seeds, and vanilla extract into a bowl and mix well by hand or with an electric mixer.

2. Place a third of the mixture into a bowl and add yellow food colouring until you get the rich, yolk colour.

3. Put both the yellow and white mixtures into the freezer for around 15 minutes so it's cold enough to work with.

4. Start with the yellow mixture and form in teaspoon sized balls - which will be your yolks.

5. Put your yolks on a tray and back into the freezer to stay cold and then work on your egg whites. Use a tablespoon to make these the right size and roll into balls. Then flatten the white in the palm of your hand and wrap each around a yellow yolk ball to create your fully formed egg.

(you may need to return either or both bowls to the freezer to cool down if the heat of your hands makes them difficult to work with)

6. When your eggs are complete, return them to the freezer and turn your attention to your chocolate.

7. Melt your chocolate in the microwave, putting it on for 30 seconds, stir and then again in 20 second intervals until you have a smooth, liquid chocolate.

8.Take your eggs out of the freezer one by one and stick a cocktail stick in the end. Holding this, dip you egg into the chocolate to get an even covering. Then use the cocktail stick to stand the egg upright to dry - try sticking them into a potato or similar vegetable.

9. Return the eggs to the fridge for 10 minutes. When they've chilled and the chocolate has hardened, take out the cocktail stick and dot a little chocolate on the end to cover the hole.

10. Eat immediately or create a cute gift by placing into a nest.
Back to top Go down
Eliza
Eliza

Things that I am :
  • Gold Hoarder
  • Medium Poster
  • Really Too Kind
  • Thrall of Zay
  • Rebel of Rogue

DC Recipies Empty
PostSubject: Re: DC Recipies   DC Recipies Icon_minitimeSun Jul 21, 2013 5:20 pm

Gingerbread Waffles & Eggnog Ice Cream
Ingredients:
Ice Cream:
• 8 egg yolks
• 3/4 cup sugar
• 1 cup whole milk
• 2 cups heavy cream
• 2 cinnamon sticks
• 6 whole cloves
• 1/2 tsp ground nutmeg
• 1-1/2 tsp rum extract
Waffles:
• 1 cup all-purpose flour
• 1-1/2 tsp baking powder
• 1/2 tsp baking soda
• 1/2 tsp salt
• 1-1/4 tsp ground ginger
• 3/4 tsp ground cinnamon
• 1/8 tsp ground nutmeg
• 1/8 tsp ground cloves
• 1/3 cup packed brown sugar
• 1 egg + 1 egg white
• 3/4 cup nonfat Greek yogurt
• 1/4 cup molasses
• 1/4 cup vegetable oil
• 2 Tbsp milk
Preparation:
1. To make the ice cream, whisk the egg yolks and sugar together in a medium-size bowl.
2. Combine the milk, cream, cinnamon, cloves, ground nutmeg, and rum extract into a medium-size saucepan over medium heat. Bring the mixture to a slight simmer. Remove from the heat.
3. Using a whisk, mix about a third of the heated milk mixture into the egg mixture. Then introduce the eggs into the milk mixture in a slow stream, whisking the milk mixture constantly.
4. Immediately return the pan to the heat and whisk gently for about 2–3 minutes, or until the mixture thickens enough to coat the back of a spoon. Do not allow the mixture to boil.
5. Strain the ice cream mixture and chill until cold. Then pour it into the canister of an ice cream maker and freeze according to the manufacturer's instructions.
6. When the ice cream has hardened, make the waffles. Start by preheating a waffle iron.
7. Place the flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, and ground spices into a large bowl. Whisk together until well-mixed. Set aside.
8. Whisk the brown sugar, egg, egg white, yogurt, molasses, oil, and milk in a medium-size bowl until completely combined. Pour the liquid mixture over the dry ingredients and whisk until the mixture is smooth and lump-free.
9. Spray the waffle iron with nonstick cooking spray and make the waffles. (Refer to your waffle iron instruction manual for help.) Spoon the ice cream over the waffles and serve immediately.
Back to top Go down
Eliza
Eliza

Things that I am :
  • Gold Hoarder
  • Medium Poster
  • Really Too Kind
  • Thrall of Zay
  • Rebel of Rogue

DC Recipies Empty
PostSubject: BUTTERBEER!   DC Recipies Icon_minitimeMon Jul 29, 2013 3:38 am

Butterbeer

Ingredients:
1/4 cup sweetened condensed milk
1/4 cup butterscotch syrup
2 tbsp. butter*
1 1/2 cups of cream soda (or 1 12oz. bottle)
Butterscotch candy sticks for stirring

Mix milk, butterscotch, and soda in a microwave safe cup and heat on high for 1 minute 30 seconds. Stir to combine well and enjoy!

*Editor's Note: The butter tends to congeal as the drink cools, so leave the butter out if you want the drink cold.
Back to top Go down
Artemis
Artemis

Things that I am :
  • ME Meercat
  • SR Salamander
  • DDC Dingo
  • Alarmingly Excellent
  • Dragon Hoarder
  • Troll Fanatic
  • Medium Poster
  • Chatbox Spammer
  • Really Too Kind
  • Rebel of Rogue

Female Loveliness : 73

DC Recipies Empty
PostSubject: Re: DC Recipies   DC Recipies Icon_minitimeMon Aug 26, 2013 6:26 pm

This is a chocolate pistachio cake recipe (from Nigella Lawson) which is really really really nice but admittedly time consuming and somewhat messy to make (it uses like a million bowls and the food processor and just everything really) I made it as cupcakes the other day and they turned out really well Smile

Ingredients for the cake:
150g dark chocolate
150g caster sugar
150g pistachios
150g soft unsalted butter
6 large eggs, separated
1/2 lemon (I didn't use this and it was fine, dunno what I'm missing XD)
A pinch of salt

Grease and line a 23cm springform tin. Preheat the oven to 190C.

Melt the chocolate in the microwave on medium. Leave aside to cool slightly.

Process 50g of the sugar with the nuts until they are like dust. (dw if they aren't literally, just until they're as small as you can get them) Add the butter along with another 50g of the sugar; process until smooth. Add the yolks one at a time, pulsing after each addition. Then, with the motor running, slowly pour in the chocolate.

Wipe the inside of a bowl with the lemon half (I didn't bother with this step, but the bowl must be scrupulously clean and free of any fat to allow maximum aeration of the egg whites) (<----This was written by the website I've copied the recipe from so it's obviously not important XD). Whisk the egg whites with the salt until peaks are starting to form. Then slowly add the remaining 50g of sugar while still beating until the egg whites form firm peaks.

Add a large dollop of the egg whites to the cake batter and pulse to lighten the mixture. Then add the cake batter to the whites, one third at a time, and fold in gently but firmly.

Pour into the prepared tin and bake for 20 minutes. Then turn the oven down to 180C and bake for a further 20-25 minutes, or until cooked. The cake will be starting to come away from the sides of the tin when it is ready.
Cool in the tin for 15 minutes on a wire rack before removing from the tin. Wait until the cake is completely cooled before icing it.
~*~
I made buttercream icing using like 300 grams of icing sugar and 150g of butter, then added some raspberry liqueur for flavour/right consistency plus a bit of food colouring to make it pink. The recipe says chocolate ganache which I think would be as nice/better but we didn't have any cream when I made the cakes so Sad

Anyway the recipe says:
150g dark chocolate
150ml cream
drop of orange-flower water (optional)
2-4 tbs coarsely chopped or slivered pistachios

Add chocolate, broken into pieces, and cream into a saucepan, along with the orange-flower water. Stir over a low heat until the chocolate is melted. Keep stirring off the heat until the ganache is thick enough to coat, then pour over the cake. Sprinkle over the pistachios.

And that's it! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

DC Recipies Empty
PostSubject: Re: DC Recipies   DC Recipies Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

DC Recipies
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: All Things OOC :: Random Discussion and Contests-
Jump to: