Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Quest to stop the Confetti Hurricane

Go down 
4 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
Stormkatz
Stormkatz

Things that I am :
  • ME Meercat
  • DDC Dingo
  • "Nice Girl"
  • Troll
  • Medium Poster
  • Chatbox Spammer
  • Really Too Kind
  • Rebel of Rogue

Female Loveliness : 16

Quest to stop the Confetti Hurricane - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Quest to stop the Confetti Hurricane   Quest to stop the Confetti Hurricane - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 14, 2011 4:19 pm

Starling looked almost terrified as Silver walked back into the tavern – a wild look on his face. She had watched the speck on the hill until it had resolved itself into him, and ordered another two tankards. By the time he arrived, she was finishing her fourth that day, and was blissfully unaware of her broken wing – or anything else. However even through the sped-up mist that now seemed to cloud her eyes she could see that he was in a bad way. When he headed towards the door, she leapt up to see if he was alright. “Silver? That you?” she asked, her voice slurred but bright. “You look like you’ve been in a fight. What happened?” she asked, stepping in front of the door.
Back to top Go down
Jay
Jay

Things that I am :
  • Alarmingly Excellent
  • Short Poster
  • Really Too Kind
  • Underling of Eldar

Male Loveliness : 7

PostSubject: Re: Quest to stop the Confetti Hurricane   Quest to stop the Confetti Hurricane - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 15, 2011 9:24 am

Silver stopped upon hearing his name, and looked up to find himself staring at Starling as if he was confused. Surely the venom started to kick in, but he didn't know that.

"I'm fine, why would I be in a fight?" He asked, not wanting her to know more about him being a Shadowhunter, his gaze was losing focus while eyeing the door. " Now if you may, I'll be on my way" he said. "The offer of a room still stands for as long as you need it." He added as an afterthought and went back home.
Back to top Go down
Stormkatz
Stormkatz

Things that I am :
  • ME Meercat
  • DDC Dingo
  • "Nice Girl"
  • Troll
  • Medium Poster
  • Chatbox Spammer
  • Really Too Kind
  • Rebel of Rogue

PostSubject: Re: Quest to stop the Confetti Hurricane   Quest to stop the Confetti Hurricane - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 15, 2011 7:26 pm

Starling thought as Silver pushed past her out of the door, and then ran to catch up with him. “Fine, if you are still offering. Sorry about last night – I needed some air.” She lied through her teeth, not wanting him to see that she had been scared. She was still worried about him being in the fight, since she was sure he must have been, but she decided not to push the matter further. She struggled through the wind back to Silver’s place again, still nervous. She twiddled with her charm bracelet at the door to hide her nerves, and felt her heart grow heavy as she saw the word 'Daughter' glittering in the dying light.
Back to top Go down
Jay
Jay

Things that I am :
  • Alarmingly Excellent
  • Short Poster
  • Really Too Kind
  • Underling of Eldar

PostSubject: Re: Quest to stop the Confetti Hurricane   Quest to stop the Confetti Hurricane - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 15, 2011 11:44 pm

The Shadowhunter didn't say a thing when Starling told him about why she was gone last night. He didn't blame her, the shadows are stronger whenever he's around, he was actually very impressed that she's brave enough to go back to his rented residence.

Ladon was nowhere to be seen, but that was normal, he hated to stay put for long, he'd be here when morning comes, thought Silver.

He looked over his shoulder,"Lock the door when you're in" He told Starling, and proceeded to discard his weapons, putting them in a neat pile near the fire place, except for his black sword which he never separated from it.

Feeling that there's something wrong with his body, and that his breath wasn't normal, he padded to his room, where he collapsed on the bed.
Back to top Go down
Stormkatz
Stormkatz

Things that I am :
  • ME Meercat
  • DDC Dingo
  • "Nice Girl"
  • Troll
  • Medium Poster
  • Chatbox Spammer
  • Really Too Kind
  • Rebel of Rogue

PostSubject: Re: Quest to stop the Confetti Hurricane   Quest to stop the Confetti Hurricane - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 16, 2011 12:02 am

Starling did as she was told and locked the door quietly. She tried not to gasp at the array of weaponry, and suddenly wished she hadn’t left her bow in Shayenne. Swallowing to gather her wits, she padded upstairs to the room she had stayed in for the earlier hours of the previous night. She opened the door timidly, then rushed to the bedside when she realised how ill Silver looked. “You sure you’re ok? You look awful!” she said, banishing what she could of the effects of the drink earlier. Her voice was still lower than usual, and her words slurred, but she was beginning to open a widow in her mind that she could think in…and also one to feel pain through. She winced as her wind shifted again, but ignored it through gritted teeth. “Do you need any help?” she asked, concerned beyond any level of interest she had planned to show. Clearly he had been in a fight, but he just didn’t want her to know. She remembered a few of the binding methods she had learned in Racksom from the healers, but didn’t trust herself with them. “I could get help.” She suggested, flustered and worried as usual.
Back to top Go down
Jay
Jay

Things that I am :
  • Alarmingly Excellent
  • Short Poster
  • Really Too Kind
  • Underling of Eldar

PostSubject: Re: Quest to stop the Confetti Hurricane   Quest to stop the Confetti Hurricane - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 16, 2011 12:20 am

Eyes focus on her, and he sighs softly; the exhalation may well be an admission of weakness, and possibly, an allowance that he is in pain. He know that no normal healer could deal with Demons' various venoms. He silently cursed for not being more careful, and allowing himself to be found in such state.

He would've usually taken care of the poison running throught his vines by himself, but he left his tool in Ladon's saddle. He wairly eyed his wrist where tiny silver, wound-like shapes were glowing faintly. Not going to last until morning, he told himself. Slowly surrending to to the darkness of his mind.
Back to top Go down
Stormkatz
Stormkatz

Things that I am :
  • ME Meercat
  • DDC Dingo
  • "Nice Girl"
  • Troll
  • Medium Poster
  • Chatbox Spammer
  • Really Too Kind
  • Rebel of Rogue

PostSubject: Re: Quest to stop the Confetti Hurricane   Quest to stop the Confetti Hurricane - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 16, 2011 7:40 pm

“Silver!” Starling screamed as his eyes flickered a little. She saw the glittering wounds on his arms, and leapt back, swearing. “What happened? You can tell me! I’m not going to judge – I grew up on the streets surrounded by beggars for goodness sake! What’s wrong?” she panicked, wringing her hands and looking around for some clue as to what might help. She was struggling to contain herself, and felt on the brink of tears. She had to do something. If only he would help her help him.

She began to hum softly under her breath – a lullaby that she remembered from a time before Shayenne, and tried to calm herself. The spiralling melody soothed her own anxiety a little, and allowed her to think. She still didn’t know what to do though.

Last edited by StormKatz on Thu Mar 17, 2011 8:10 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Jay
Jay

Things that I am :
  • Alarmingly Excellent
  • Short Poster
  • Really Too Kind
  • Underling of Eldar

PostSubject: Re: Quest to stop the Confetti Hurricane   Quest to stop the Confetti Hurricane - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 17, 2011 11:31 am

Now that breathing was a major problem, he opened his eyes again, cold sweat glistering in the moonlight, hearing Starling scream. He looked at her, smiling softly, "I'm a Shadowhunter" He said, gasping for air.

"Demon... I ... I was in a fight with a demon" He barely managed to say, while hissing in pain. "My... Stele..." He said, slipping away. "Ladon...th-the saddle" He chocked out.
-
Meanwhile, his dragon felt that something's wrong. He was too far away, so, he flew as fast as he could, fighting against the storming wind, he howled in frustration, while trying to gain speed as much as he could, afraid that it would be too late when he got there. The confetti was slowing him down!

Back to top Go down
Artemis
Artemis

Things that I am :
  • ME Meercat
  • SR Salamander
  • DDC Dingo
  • Alarmingly Excellent
  • Dragon Hoarder
  • Troll Fanatic
  • Medium Poster
  • Chatbox Spammer
  • Really Too Kind
  • Rebel of Rogue

Female Loveliness : 73

PostSubject: Re: Quest to stop the Confetti Hurricane   Quest to stop the Confetti Hurricane - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 17, 2011 6:24 pm

Jitt had a good day. After waking up covered in confetti, that was. He'd shaken it off, torched the little heap, then soared easily into the buffeting wind which was directed at the tavern. His wings and general structure were sturdy enough that he wasn't hurt by the winds- but he wasn't going to get in any wind going the wrong way again, he could barely get down out the current he had joined. When he has finally folded his wings in on the street, he peered up at the sky. While a layer of confetti now coated all surfaces, the gusts and gales had largely kept above the buildings, leavig just an ever-present strong wind at ground level. But Jitt supposed it was plenty to knock down the humans, as he watched one leave a building and topple straight over, looking astonished. Now that he looked though, it seemed to be a child. He walked carefully over and helped it up with his nose. It turned out to be a girl; she giggled, smiled at him with dimpled cheeks, then turned and negotiated her way back inside with the support of Jitt's head. He blinked at her for a couple of seconds, then shrugged and turned, making his way to the tavern.

The owner seized on him gratefully as he poked his head through the window.
'Jitt, can you get the delivery in? The brewers have large, heavy wagons and big horses, and they got to us, but they unloaded late at night like always and none of us can get out back. It's all flat, as you know, so the wind's too bad.' Jitt nodded; maybe this necessary job would get him a larger consignment of ale. Sure enough, after lugging the alcohol and basic ingredients, he was assigned the usual few small jobs and then assured his efforts had been worth at least five barrels of his usual- his best haul yet! He left around the tavern happily to find a man pressed against the wall looking extremely worried. He was wearing a messenger's uniform and clearly currently regretting his job.
'The- the mayor would like to see you, sir,' Jitt wasn't sure if the stutter was because of the wind or him. He suspected the latter. 'He has a job for you... He said to, uh, 'catch you before you were drunk.' S-sorry, sir...' He trickled off, shuffling away a little. Jitt realised he was quite young too. He snorted, letting out a small puff of fire which made the teenager flinch. Humans. But this job sounded like it could be lucrative... He'd check it out, at least.
Thank you. Are you to take me to him now? The boy nodded, somewhat relieved by the lack of hostility, and began to carefully navigate the streets, sticking to walls. Jitt bounded through deserted roads, occasionally blowing little jets of fire into the air and laughing at the human's terrified reaction.

They eventually arrived at the mayor's house, the boy looking very windswept. He gestured to a large room, then thankfully scampered away. Jitt ducked his head and entered the room. He approached the mayor, then crouched so that their heads were more or less on the same level.
How can I help you? he asked. Just think your answers and I'll hear them. The mayor's thoughts twitched uncomfortably at the contact, but otherwise he showed no reaction as he replied,
This hurricane, and the confetti... Well, it's not natural. Our magic-bearers have concluded that there is another, far stronger magic user causing all this. I wondered if you would be willing to form part of the team trying to track down this person? You're obviously quite strong, and you have fire and flight to aid you... Jitt flicked his horns. Flight was a slightly sore topic for him.
Fire and strength, yes, but I can only glide with my wings. If you need any more people for the team, I know somebody with flight who might help. I can try and contact her if you'd like...? The mayor looked relieved.
'That would be excellent,' he said, now speaking out loud. 'We don't have very many people right now... Of course, you will be paid too. Yes, anyone you think will help is welcome. Thank you very much; would you mind coming to see me again when you've gathered anyone you think should come?' Jitt nodded, severing the mind link, and half-crawled out of the room before straightening again.
Now, where to find Starling...? he wondered.

Ooc: Please be aware that you don't have to join the group; if anyone doesn't I'll bring in another charrie to stay here and interact with you guys. If either of you want to bring in more charries or more people want to join, this is also a good time for that.
Back to top Go down
Stormkatz
Stormkatz

Things that I am :
  • ME Meercat
  • DDC Dingo
  • "Nice Girl"
  • Troll
  • Medium Poster
  • Chatbox Spammer
  • Really Too Kind
  • Rebel of Rogue

PostSubject: Re: Quest to stop the Confetti Hurricane   Quest to stop the Confetti Hurricane - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 17, 2011 8:09 pm

Starling cursed again when she heard that. “Shadow hunter? Fantastic. That could be a little more difficult than the petty infirmary skills I’ve learned. You left something in a saddle? With your dragon?” she asked, mainly to clear her own thoughts up rather than to actually confirm them. “I would go and find him, but my wings messed up. Do you want me to keep a look out? I can get to the city walls from here.” She said, eying the window carefully. She was frightened, and she needed someone else to be there. She flung threw window open, and looked around the streets. She could see most of the city from there, but not quite all. She certainly couldn’t make out any faces she knew. She sat perched on the window sill, trying to get a batter look, and swore loudly and violently as her wing clipped the window frame. Her shouts resounded through the city walls, and she clapped her free hand over her mouth in shock at the volume of it. Well, on the bright side it was sure to attract some attention…

(ooc;; I am tempted to bring Jackdaww in too, but I don’t know if I could manage Measle too. Should I drop him in?)
Back to top Go down
Artemis
Artemis

Things that I am :
  • ME Meercat
  • SR Salamander
  • DDC Dingo
  • Alarmingly Excellent
  • Dragon Hoarder
  • Troll Fanatic
  • Medium Poster
  • Chatbox Spammer
  • Really Too Kind
  • Rebel of Rogue

PostSubject: Re: Quest to stop the Confetti Hurricane   Quest to stop the Confetti Hurricane - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 19, 2011 8:46 pm

Jitt's horns twitched in surprise as the loud and colourful curse reverbrated off the walls. While it wasn't exactly a pointer to Starling, it did sound a little like her voice had from what he'd heard of it, and so he made his way through the streets to the source of the sound, trying to keep low and using his front legs to steady himself as he bent over. When he reached his estimated location of the sound, he quickly scanned his surroundings and soon spotted Starling sitting at a window.
Starling! Is there anywhere nearby I'd fit so I can talk to you? he projected, hoping he wouldn't startle her to the extent that she fell out of the window. He had to supress a small snort of laughter at this thought, even though of course it wasn't very funny; the winds could easily hurt her.
Back to top Go down
Stormkatz
Stormkatz

Things that I am :
  • ME Meercat
  • DDC Dingo
  • "Nice Girl"
  • Troll
  • Medium Poster
  • Chatbox Spammer
  • Really Too Kind
  • Rebel of Rogue

PostSubject: Re: Quest to stop the Confetti Hurricane   Quest to stop the Confetti Hurricane - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 20, 2011 7:34 pm

“Hang on; I can get down from here! I did last night, and its not that windy now anyway.” Starling shouted down, testing the wind speed with the tip of her good wing.
“I’m getting help, silver. Hold on!” she urged him, before shuffling onto the outer window ledge. Holding her good wing out to one side, she allowed the strong but no longer dangerous wind to sweep underneath it, before moving right to the edge of the ledge. Then, with a tiny jump, she leapt from the ledge, and held her good wing out. She spiralled to the ground in a messy way and landed in a heap of confetti that had formed below the window, but she was comfortably in one piece. Standing up and brushing the confetti off her clothes, she struggled to close her wind before the winds caught it, thoroughly out of breath even after the short fall.

“Silver…hurt…Need…help!” she stammered between gasps of cold air. “Upstairs.” She added, pointing to the window, before stopping to gather her breath. Once she had succeeded, she asked: “And were you looking for me?” purely because the dragon had seemed intent of speaking to her when he had noticed her.
Back to top Go down
Artemis
Artemis

Things that I am :
  • ME Meercat
  • SR Salamander
  • DDC Dingo
  • Alarmingly Excellent
  • Dragon Hoarder
  • Troll Fanatic
  • Medium Poster
  • Chatbox Spammer
  • Really Too Kind
  • Rebel of Rogue

PostSubject: Re: Quest to stop the Confetti Hurricane   Quest to stop the Confetti Hurricane - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Apr 02, 2011 5:52 pm

Jitt's face was alarmed as Starling called down to him.
I'm not sure that's a good idea, he projected up, but Starling had already jumped. Thankfully, she seemed to land unscathed, but Jitt hurried over and helped nudge her wing shut with his nose before it too was damaged.
'It's getting really dangerous...' he muttered, but he was quickly distracted by Starling's next gasped sentence.
Badly? He's upstairs? I think I can probably get him... Jitt gave a little hop and twitched his wings on a gust, peering through the window Starling had jumped through. He could make Silver out. As he landed again, Starling spoke once more and he looked down at her.
Yes... But it can wait. He doesn't look so great. Where should I take him? Could you get him over to the window and oto my back do you think? The words flowed out of the dragon's mind and into Starling's with no pause, just a stream of his thoughts. Actually, I think I can get him some good help, as long as you hear the mayor out on a matter afterwards. Maybe he could help out, too... We'll have to see when we get there. He flicked his horns and looked musingly up at the window, wondering how to get Silver out.
Back to top Go down
Stormkatz
Stormkatz

Things that I am :
  • ME Meercat
  • DDC Dingo
  • "Nice Girl"
  • Troll
  • Medium Poster
  • Chatbox Spammer
  • Really Too Kind
  • Rebel of Rogue

PostSubject: Re: Quest to stop the Confetti Hurricane   Quest to stop the Confetti Hurricane - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Apr 16, 2011 3:59 pm

“Yeah, sure, just help him!” Starling spluttered, finally catching her breath. “I’ll run upstairs again, and you can tell me what to do from there.” She said, before setting off at a sprint towards the door Silver had led her into earlier. She didn’t wait for a response from the dragon, and practically flew up the stairs in her hurry. She smirked, then sighed at the figure of speech as it entered her thoughts, and felt a deep pit of loss in her stomach as she noticed what a vital role the word ‘practically’ played in it.

By the time she had finished thinking over how awful it was not to fly – even for the few days she had already managed – she was back in the room. “I’m here, just move closer to the window so I can lower him onto your back!” she shouted out of the window, before rushing to Silver’s side again.

“Just hold on, Silver, I’ve found help. Just hold on.” She pleaded, kneeling beside him to watch for any slight worsening in his condition. Part of her wished his dragon was there to help with all of this, because even she knew that a dragon can help its rider better than anyone else. Hopefully he would turn up soon.

Pushing the thought aside, she slid her hands under the bed sheet and made her first attempt to move silver. She couldn’t manage to lift him at all, and she knew that she couldn’t without him helping too. “Silver,” she whispered, “I need you to get up and walk to the window.” Nodding towards to open window, she held out both of her hands to offer him support.
Back to top Go down
Jay
Jay

Things that I am :
  • Alarmingly Excellent
  • Short Poster
  • Really Too Kind
  • Underling of Eldar

PostSubject: Re: Quest to stop the Confetti Hurricane   Quest to stop the Confetti Hurricane - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Apr 17, 2011 4:30 pm

Ladon flew as quickly as he could with the confetti slowing him down, he needed to get back to his rider fast. He knew something was wrong, as he could feel the very bond that is connecting them starting to grow weaker by the minute.

As he neared, he could make out a figure of a dragon peering through Silver's window. He growled defensively and shut his wings tight, aiming for the ground below.

-

All that the Shadowhunter could make out was a voice murmuring something urgently, but he was too far gone to make out the words. He focused all that he had left, and managed to hear Starling urging him to move towards the window.

He opened his eyes with great difficulty, his body not responding to his mind, but he forced himself up and started to walk, sweat dripping down his face and onto the floor, it took all of his willpower to not collapse right there on the floor and pass out for good.
Back to top Go down
Stormkatz
Stormkatz

Things that I am :
  • ME Meercat
  • DDC Dingo
  • "Nice Girl"
  • Troll
  • Medium Poster
  • Chatbox Spammer
  • Really Too Kind
  • Rebel of Rogue

PostSubject: Re: Quest to stop the Confetti Hurricane   Quest to stop the Confetti Hurricane - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Apr 17, 2011 5:59 pm

“Yes, that’s it, Silver! Just a few more steps!” Starling urged, following Silver and getting ready to catch him if the strength he had found deserted him. She could see that it was taking everything he had to walk, and offered her arm for support again, trying to peer out of the window. “Jitt, get ready!” she called, pushing the window as far open as she could with her other arm.

She heard a flutter outside, and her heart and wing both twinged at the memory of flying, but the sound meant hope. It meant another dragon was near, and if they had any luck it was Silver’s dragon. She had already proved that no avian could fly through the winds, so it had to be another dragon. As she looked out of the window – so close but yet so far from safety – she saw the silhouette of the dragon descending. Her relief expressed itself as an audible sigh, but her muscles stayed tense with worry.
Back to top Go down
Jay
Jay

Things that I am :
  • Alarmingly Excellent
  • Short Poster
  • Really Too Kind
  • Underling of Eldar

PostSubject: Re: Quest to stop the Confetti Hurricane   Quest to stop the Confetti Hurricane - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 18, 2011 10:56 am

Ladon landed with a noisy thud, making the confetti of the floor scatter in the air, and rushed towards the window. Not knowing exactly what's going on, he approached the other dragon with caution.

-

Silver took the last few steps towards the window just in time to see his dragon landing before his eyes. All he could see was a blurred black figure, but the bond between them made him soon realize that it was Ladon.

Gathering his strength one more time, he climbed onto the ledge of the window, but he lost his grip, making him fall head first.
Back to top Go down
Artemis
Artemis

Things that I am :
  • ME Meercat
  • SR Salamander
  • DDC Dingo
  • Alarmingly Excellent
  • Dragon Hoarder
  • Troll Fanatic
  • Medium Poster
  • Chatbox Spammer
  • Really Too Kind
  • Rebel of Rogue

PostSubject: Re: Quest to stop the Confetti Hurricane   Quest to stop the Confetti Hurricane - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 18, 2011 1:54 pm

Jitt nodded as Starling turned and dashed back upstairs, positioning himself under the window as she instructed. The winds were starting to bother him, and while he wanted to put his wings out as a shield he resisted. Getting whipped away by the air currents now wouldn't be good. As soon as he saw Silver at the window, he rose up on his hind legs and poked his nose in.
Can you hold onto my ho- careful! His question turned to an exclamation as Silver toppled from the window. Holding his claws carefully away, he ducked his head and caught the man about a metre off the floor.
Good thing I could catch you, he remarked, gently rolling Silver to the ground and then picking him up with the sides of his claws, making sure he didn't hurt Silver any more.
Come back down, he projected to Starling as he turned and watched the violent winds for a good opportunity to take off. But he blinked at seeing the smaller dragon in front of him.
Who're you? he asked a little suspiciously, crouching to look at Ladon better.
Back to top Go down
Stormkatz
Stormkatz

Things that I am :
  • ME Meercat
  • DDC Dingo
  • "Nice Girl"
  • Troll
  • Medium Poster
  • Chatbox Spammer
  • Really Too Kind
  • Rebel of Rogue

PostSubject: Re: Quest to stop the Confetti Hurricane   Quest to stop the Confetti Hurricane - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 18, 2011 2:03 pm

Starling screamed as Silver fell from the window, and rushed to the ledge to see him falling. Luckily, Jitt caught him, and she allowed herself to relax. She saw the smaller dragon, which she presumed was Silver’s, and felt instantly safer. The safety allowed her to relax, and that allowed her wing to flood with pain again. She didn’t dare try to jump again, because the winds were getting higher again, so she rocketed down the stairs to reach them. She found that the door had closed behind her, and the keys were on the outside. She delivered a careful but terrifyingly strong kick to the handle, and the door burst open, the lock still closed. She unlocked the open door and closed it carefully, hoping the lock wasn’t broken, and walked round to the front of the building again. She gripped a groove in the bricks near Jitt to stop herself being blown away, and watched the scene unfold. She could see the new dragon’s face from there, and smiled at it.

“You must be the dragon Silver rides.” She shouted over the wind. She hoped she was not wrong, because she could still remember the haunted expression on Silver’s face when he had spoken about his dragon’s saddle. Sure enough, a saddle sat across the dragon’s back, and it looked like he had recently been ridden.
Back to top Go down
Artemis
Artemis

Things that I am :
  • ME Meercat
  • SR Salamander
  • DDC Dingo
  • Alarmingly Excellent
  • Dragon Hoarder
  • Troll Fanatic
  • Medium Poster
  • Chatbox Spammer
  • Really Too Kind
  • Rebel of Rogue

PostSubject: Re: Quest to stop the Confetti Hurricane   Quest to stop the Confetti Hurricane - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 18, 2011 2:13 pm

Jitt was relieved as Starling used the stairs; he didn't think she'd be so lucky with the winds again. Realisation flashed across his face as the avian spoke, and he looked the other dragon in the eye as he projected his thoughts.
Can you fly in this? If so, you'd better take Starling, because Silver's in no fit state to hold onto you and I can carry him. Pride coloured his mental tone- Jitt loved being strong, and his weight was an advantage here even though normally it disadvantaged him when he was gliding, dragging him down where here it would anchor him. The other dragon, though... He was lighter. Another gust rocked Jitt on his two large feet, and he shivered. The mayor was right, something needed to be done or more destruction would occur. Already the freak storm had demolished some weaker buildings. Wanting to clear the air of swirling pieces of paper even if just for a few seconds, Jitt titled his nose to the sky and let out a cloud of fire which sent flakes of balck ash floating to the ground where the confetti had been. The scythe claw looked through a clear area for about a second before a swirl of air blew another few pieces of confetti in. With a sigh, he looked back down at Starling and Silver's friend.
Back to top Go down
Jay
Jay

Things that I am :
  • Alarmingly Excellent
  • Short Poster
  • Really Too Kind
  • Underling of Eldar

PostSubject: Re: Quest to stop the Confetti Hurricane   Quest to stop the Confetti Hurricane - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 18, 2011 3:41 pm

Ladon looked up at the larger dragon, and then at Starling, We have met before avian, could you reach into the saddle? There is something like a twisted piece of metal inside, it could help my rider He said, concern visible in his voice

He looked again at the other dragon when he spoke, he huffed, annoyed with the wind and said, Of course, as long as you help my rider

Last edited by Ghost on Tue Apr 19, 2011 10:41 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Stormkatz
Stormkatz

Things that I am :
  • ME Meercat
  • DDC Dingo
  • "Nice Girl"
  • Troll
  • Medium Poster
  • Chatbox Spammer
  • Really Too Kind
  • Rebel of Rogue

PostSubject: Re: Quest to stop the Confetti Hurricane   Quest to stop the Confetti Hurricane - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 18, 2011 7:17 pm

Starling bowed to the dragon, and reached into the saddle to retrieve the item. It looked like nothing more than twisted metal - and she had no idea how it would help Silver, but if the dragon thought it would…

“Jitt, could you lower Silver to the ground please? Near the wall so the wind doesn’t catch me if you can.” She asked, holding the piece of metal high. She hoped Silver would know how to use it, or that he would be conscious enough to wield the little object.

“Thank you for coming, dragon. I’m afraid I don’t know your name, for I believe that the last time we met may have been the day my wing was broken. I fear I’d had a few too many drinks that night, and I’m afraid I cannot remember a thing about you.” She said, her voice so polite that it stung her ears after the usual language she was used to hearing from herself. The city had taught her many things, but her manners were less than desirable around humans. Dragons, however, deserved her respect rather more.
Back to top Go down
Artemis
Artemis

Things that I am :
  • ME Meercat
  • SR Salamander
  • DDC Dingo
  • Alarmingly Excellent
  • Dragon Hoarder
  • Troll Fanatic
  • Medium Poster
  • Chatbox Spammer
  • Really Too Kind
  • Rebel of Rogue

PostSubject: Re: Quest to stop the Confetti Hurricane   Quest to stop the Confetti Hurricane - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 19, 2011 9:18 am

Jitt nodded to the other dragon and prepared to spring into the air as Starling headed for the saddle on the dragon's back- a likely-looking current was now rushing by overhead- but he stopped as Starling spoke to him. He wasn't quite sure what the metal was, but he obligingly bent his legs and rested his claws on the ground, Silver still resting on them.
What is it? he inquired curiously of both Starling and the dragon. He also listened for the dragon's answer to Starling's question, not knowing the dragon's name himself.
Back to top Go down
Jay
Jay

Things that I am :
  • Alarmingly Excellent
  • Short Poster
  • Really Too Kind
  • Underling of Eldar

PostSubject: Re: Quest to stop the Confetti Hurricane   Quest to stop the Confetti Hurricane - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 19, 2011 11:18 am

Ladon tensed as Starling reached into the saddle to take the metallic object with a coin-sized diamond with small onyx stones surrounding it, making a raven's shape stand out. He waited for her to get near his rider before he gave out instructions.

He projected a strange, twisted rune with his mind, Use what you have in your hand to draw that rune on his forearm. As soon as he said that, the stele which Starling was holding started to glow brightly, to be precise, the shape of the raven started to glow.

Now that Starling knew what she had to do, he turned the rest of his attention to the larger dragon. I don't believe we have met before, I am Ladon
Back to top Go down
Stormkatz
Stormkatz

Things that I am :
  • ME Meercat
  • DDC Dingo
  • "Nice Girl"
  • Troll
  • Medium Poster
  • Chatbox Spammer
  • Really Too Kind
  • Rebel of Rogue

PostSubject: Re: Quest to stop the Confetti Hurricane   Quest to stop the Confetti Hurricane - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 19, 2011 4:44 pm

The rune that the Ladon had shown her was complicated, but she could just about manage. She took Silver’s forearm, and began to trace its shape lightly on the skin. The object was really quite beautiful, but she could not image how it would help. She didn’t dare press onto the skin hard in case the twisted metal was sharp, and she felt herself trembling as she tried to follow the lines of the rune in her mind as carefully as she could.

The glow from it was harsh, and Starling could feel the shape of the raven burning itself into her eyes. The image made her smile, and she stopped shaking as its light fell on her silver bracelet. A raven was a black bird, and the untidy inscription mentioned something about another blackbird, but something told her that this was not the blackbird she was seeking. The thought troubled her, however, and she wandered if Silver would know anything about what she was looking for. She made a mental note to ask him once he had recovered.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Quest to stop the Confetti Hurricane   Quest to stop the Confetti Hurricane - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Quest to stop the Confetti Hurricane
Page 2 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next