Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

[Silent Plot] Beneath The Blood Moon

Go down 
+3
Taj
Echo
Artemis
7 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Alex

[Silent Plot] Beneath The Blood Moon Empty
PostSubject: [Silent Plot] Beneath The Blood Moon   [Silent Plot] Beneath The Blood Moon Icon_minitimeWed Mar 02, 2011 7:31 am

Beneath the blood moon...
    ...omens will come true.

| ABOUT | PARTICIPATORS/POSTING ORDER | SETTING | FAQ | MESSAGE |
    As the title says, this is a Silent Plot.
    For those of you who don't know—a Silent Plot is where you, as the Role-Player, come into the setting not knowing what the Plot is.
    There IS a Plot and it WILL be explained as the story moves forward. But saying anything before hand is a big No-No, so don't ask! I'm not telling.
    At one point in the Role-Play, I will send a different Private Message to each of you, but please don't share with anyone else what is said! That will only ruin the fun for everyone and I'll call off the whole thing! Don't tempt me, ma'ams and sirs, because I WILL turn this Role-Play around! ^ ^

[I will list everyone who is joining the Role-Play and a loose posting order based on the order people post their introductions. At first, while everyone is getting committed to the Role-Play, we won't have one. Obviously, if you're in a conversation with two other people then there needs to be some sort of construction to it but that is between ya'll.]

Posting Order/Finished Introductions;
    → Echoing Screams
    → Nyx
    → StormKatz
    → Eldarwen
    → Artel
    → Taj
    → Ghost
    → Alexander

Here I will post the outlay of the area as you would find it on a map. As the Role-Play and the characters move around, I will consistently update this with facts, land marks, and such. I will name the country they are in and several of the cities/what-not, but outside of there you may invent any land that you like. I understand the diversity of character backgrounds and how hard it is to become accustomed to a new World altogether, shifting their history. So, don’t worry about it!

Below, in my first post here, will be the actual description of the scene where your Characters end up. They don’t have to start there, but it would be nice by the end of your posts if they are thrown in the fray.

Current Role-Play Setting;
    In the hills just between Iandorra Forest and the capital of Pembar, Orin.

Pembar;
    A prosperous trading country, with its far Eastern border reaching into the ocean, the Straights Of Hyacinth, and it’s Western border meeting with its less rich sister, Pollar. Pembar is a land of many cultures, having been founded by wandering nobles and lost Traders looking for a better route to the untouched lands across the Straights. The Straight bound border is painted with many ocean ports that are the center of all Pembar’s riches. Fine silks, exotic spices, strange ambassadors, and the like all reach the rest of the world through the watery gates of Pembar.

Most of Pembar is forest or hill land, but there is a wide gap at its Western border where Pollar and Pembar equally share quite a bit of desert land called the Bahzir Desert. There are several, well scattered tribes that live within, but they have less and less contact with the outside world as peaceful negotiations with Pollar’s small-minded Governor slowly fall apart. Most have migrated farther into Pembars portion of the desert to avoid confrontation with the Governor’s men.

Iandorra Forest;
    Despite the tall, magnificent Oaks that have dwelled there since the World’s making, few travelers are willing to venture into Iandorra’s depths. Named for the sprite that is believed to rule over the forest, Iandorra is said to be a demanding spirit who is still spiteful of Man. When Pembar was first discovered Iandorra welcomed the Men to her trees and allowed them to take what they needed to build their new capitol. But the Men became greedy and began to sear away at the land, nearly destroying half the wealth of the forest. It was then that strange creatures began to appear, slaughtering or simply taking any and all who entered. No one was safe. The Men finally left well enough alone when Children began to disappear from their homes. Once the cutting had stopped, the babes found their ways out of the Forest, muttering non-sense about beautiful fairies and stubborn trolls.

Since Iandorra was left to mend her home in silence, the creatures have slunk back to the pits they originated from, but many Pembarians still give the forest a wide berth in hopes of keeping the ethereal woman happy.

Orin;
    Despite not being a port bearing city, Orin is the epicenter of Pembar. Most of the city is crafted of the wood brought in from the Iandorra Forest; the jewel of Orin being the Governor’s home, De La Luna, built of swirled marble carved from a Mountain far across the Straits. It took decades to build, but has a romantic history and can be seen for miles at night when the moonlight gleams ivory off the face of the castle. What crime they do have is low and petty as there aren’t many poor or people found wanting in the capitol. The main source of wealth comes from the trader’s that stop to sell their wares on their return from Pembar’s port cities, but also from natural opal mines found several miles North. One of the rarest jems in the World, the opal mines of Orin are the only that produce the infamous Fire Opal.

The races here are mixed and exotic, having no particular culture or religion.

→ What am I allowed to join as?
    ← Anything you like! Just make it within reason. Please, no random unicorns wandering around. Otherwise, have fun! Nothing is too crazy!

→ What genre should I plan on?
    ← Medieval-Fantasy, mi'friend!

→ What is the plot going to be?
    ← I said don't ask!

→ May my characters have magical abilities?
    ← Please, don't go power insane. Your character's can have a few Gifts, but nothing too wild. You might want to hold back more than usual, too... You never know what your characters might be given during this Role-Play. ;D

→ Was that last answer a hint?
    ← < < I'm going to say no... Whether you believe me or not is a different matter!

Alright, ladies! Let us have some good ol' fashion fun! If you have any questions not found on the FAQ, please make sure to send me a Private Message or even feel free to post one on here. Thanks and I hope you enjoy!

Last edited by Alexander on Sun Mar 20, 2011 9:12 am; edited 8 times in total
Back to top Go down
Artemis
Artemis

Things that I am :
  • ME Meercat
  • SR Salamander
  • DDC Dingo
  • Alarmingly Excellent
  • Dragon Hoarder
  • Troll Fanatic
  • Medium Poster
  • Chatbox Spammer
  • Really Too Kind
  • Rebel of Rogue

Female Loveliness : 73

PostSubject: Re: [Silent Plot] Beneath The Blood Moon   [Silent Plot] Beneath The Blood Moon Icon_minitimeWed Mar 02, 2011 5:13 pm

Ooc: I would definitely be interested in joining this Smile
Back to top Go down
Echo
Experienced Roleplayer
Echo

Things that I am :
  • Dragon Hoarder
  • Short Poster
  • Platypus
  • Chatbox Spammer
  • Rebel of Rogue

Male Loveliness : 14

PostSubject: Re: [Silent Plot] Beneath The Blood Moon   [Silent Plot] Beneath The Blood Moon Icon_minitimeThu Mar 03, 2011 4:30 am

(( You can count me in =D ))
Back to top Go down
Taj
Taj

Things that I am :
  • Alarmingly Excellent
  • Dragon Hoarder
  • Troll
  • Long Poster
  • Medium Poster

Female Loveliness : 12

PostSubject: Re: [Silent Plot] Beneath The Blood Moon   [Silent Plot] Beneath The Blood Moon Icon_minitimeThu Mar 03, 2011 5:29 am

I shall join.
Back to top Go down
Stormkatz
Stormkatz

Things that I am :
  • ME Meercat
  • DDC Dingo
  • "Nice Girl"
  • Troll
  • Medium Poster
  • Chatbox Spammer
  • Really Too Kind
  • Rebel of Rogue

Female Loveliness : 16

PostSubject: Re: [Silent Plot] Beneath The Blood Moon   [Silent Plot] Beneath The Blood Moon Icon_minitimeThu Mar 03, 2011 8:01 pm

May i join?
Back to top Go down
Jay
Jay

Things that I am :
  • Alarmingly Excellent
  • Short Poster
  • Really Too Kind
  • Underling of Eldar

Male Loveliness : 7

PostSubject: Re: [Silent Plot] Beneath The Blood Moon   [Silent Plot] Beneath The Blood Moon Icon_minitimeThu Mar 03, 2011 10:12 pm

I SHALL JOIN!
Back to top Go down
Nyx
Nyx

Things that I am :
  • ME Meercat
  • SR Salamander
  • "Nice Girl"
  • Gold Hoarder
  • Short Poster

Female Loveliness : 1

PostSubject: Re: [Silent Plot] Beneath The Blood Moon   [Silent Plot] Beneath The Blood Moon Icon_minitimeFri Mar 04, 2011 1:09 am

((occ: May I Join??))
Back to top Go down
http://noxnightstalker.deviantart.com
Eldarwen
Admin
Eldarwen

Things that I am :
  • Alarmingly Excellent
  • Minion of Monty
  • Thrall of Zay

Female Loveliness : 68

PostSubject: Re: [Silent Plot] Beneath The Blood Moon   [Silent Plot] Beneath The Blood Moon Icon_minitimeFri Mar 04, 2011 7:53 am

~((Ah, I can't resist after all and have to see what this is about so, if you have another spot, may I join?))~
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: [Silent Plot] Beneath The Blood Moon   [Silent Plot] Beneath The Blood Moon Icon_minitimeFri Mar 04, 2011 8:18 am

Out Of The Setting;
    PLEASE, READ THIS FIRST!

You are all more than welcome to join! ^ ^ I'm so happy to see so many of you are interested. I have added everyones names onto the Participators List. The order will be edited once the introductions are all through. My own character introduction will be last, for my own sneakeh-sneakeh reasons. ALSO! The list isn't the only thing that has been changed! I have added a few things that you NEED to know in the Setting section. PLEASE make sure to brush up on most of it. I know there's a lot to read, but it will be very helpful.

GO! READ BEFORE YOU READ THE OFFICIAL SETTING POST!

Back In Setting;
    [You may begin posting your introductions after reading this! ^ ^]

As the dawn Sun gleamed off a backdrop of white brick buildings of De La Luna far into the East on the Solstice night, a medieval pageant began on the borders of an emerald cursed forest. Laden with mystifying, brilliantly coloured flowers, ecstatic vibrant clothing and painted faces, troupes of dark, silk-skinned beings gathered on a hill overlooking a large clearing within the forest. The clearing’s innards held tents, horses, dogs, supplies and equipment; their camp for the night.

By sunset, many of these gypsy men and women swarmed in great rushes across the meadow, and more were dispersed throughout the rest of the area. Bonfires burned on the hills, rhythms and music and mantras from that corner of the meadow echoed in the exotic wonder of the dusk, and all of these strange people celebrated late into the night. It was miraculous.

It was a feast for the senses: the beauty of the colors, clothes and shrines, the sounds and the rhythms, at once familiar, the smell of flowers, paints, and frankincense, the taste of jasmine and burning wood. But the spirit of the band penetrated beneath the senses, deep into instincts. They were tuned—in time—to past echoes and future premonitions and the wild splendor of the soul. Layers of inhibitions were peeled away and, for many, love and laughter became suddenly fresh.
    People climbed into trees—unafraid of Iandorra’s wrath, they were people who respected their leafy ancestors—and made animal calls and were, with no delay, answered by calls from other trees.

Two men wrestled for the sport nearby the dancing, several other pairs doing the same, congratulating the winners with kind handshakes or harsh slaps on the back; reassuring the losers as well. Friends and family laughed with conversation and humility while the celebration fell heavy into the heat of the summer night. Its wild monumental sense encouraged these people to let out the feral side that had been denied them for so long; it was wondrous savagery.

As the night moved on, three chosen men rushed to their encampments on the hills to encourage and ready the special woman who would be joining them soon; the very person who this celebration honoured. The others continued dancing, laughing, singing, and praising. Their energy seemed inexhaustible.

The costumes ranged from simple tunics, to bear and fox skins, to loudly coloured skirts. Many people painted their faces in wild designs and colours ranging from chalk ivory to glowing cerulean. They often included a dot, a tiny mirror, or a single string with many a coin dangling from it in the form of a headdress on the forehead. One man was dressed in a suit of long, shaggy Bear's skin, its sharpened teeth hooked and braided into the scalp of his long hair. Another woman wore a long, large sleeved, flowing dress that danced around her in a golden decadence of colour. Extra skirts of green and blue was sown into the waist of the dress and made the cloth whirl around her body in dancing waves and flashes of extravagance.

The wild decadence in its totality only seemed to blossom more as the moments passed.

Who are these people, you ask? And why are they here? That, my friend, you will have to figure out on your own.

Back to top Go down
Echo
Experienced Roleplayer
Echo

Things that I am :
  • Dragon Hoarder
  • Short Poster
  • Platypus
  • Chatbox Spammer
  • Rebel of Rogue

PostSubject: Re: [Silent Plot] Beneath The Blood Moon   [Silent Plot] Beneath The Blood Moon Icon_minitimeSat Mar 05, 2011 1:52 pm

Atevery party, every social gathering that has ever happened, there is always that one thing that noone expects to happen, be it good or bad.
Which do you think will happen?

Had any of the partygoers noticed, something was watching them from a hole in a tree at the edge of the forest, scrunching it's nose every once in a while as it tried to make sense of what it was watching. Was it some sort of fairy circle, like some of the sprites did on hills? No matter what it was, it was too interesting to pass up. So, with only a slight stirring of the leaves, a small ball of fur leapt fro the knothole and settled onto the ground, shaking itself to remove the shock of falling from it's system then bounding away, headed towards the strange party.

And it left a seed wherever it landed.

Leaving behind the men and woman who had climbed into the trees, the small spirit began shuffling around the festivities, eyes wide with wonder at everything it saw. But perhaps what interested it the most was a woman, clad in a dress of multiple vibrant colors. They didn't get many things like that in the forest! It watched in awe as she danced, thinking that it should invite her to the next fairy circle they had.

Intolo sure wished he could sit on her shoulder.
Back to top Go down
Nyx
Nyx

Things that I am :
  • ME Meercat
  • SR Salamander
  • "Nice Girl"
  • Gold Hoarder
  • Short Poster

PostSubject: Re: [Silent Plot] Beneath The Blood Moon   [Silent Plot] Beneath The Blood Moon Icon_minitimeSat Mar 05, 2011 2:36 pm

Faust Could not resist himself any longer, from a roost within the Iandorra Forest. All day long he sat there watching the revelry and good nature of the gypsies below him. He would some times find his talon ticking away to the music as he watched. Even making bets against himself on which man would win against the other in the good nature wrestling matches. He had no fear of the spirits of the forest for he belonged to the forests as well as the skies. Inching away from the trunk of one of the few ancient trees he watches the lighting of the bonfires. His long peacock like tail fluttering in the breeze. One that felt like it was the very breath of the forest.

With a deep sigh Faust opens his large black wings and glides down to the forest floor the trees and brush obscuring his line of sight of the Solstice celebration. He knew he would not and should not go down there in his present form. So as he watches below his body shrinks and condenses down to that of a human male. Where black feathers used to cover his body now only black hair on his head. With the dim light from the bonfires his hair catches it and shines of a dark purple and blue iridescent light.

Smoothing gloves hands down his red coat with a cocky smile. Pulling the hat down to cover his golden eyes. The only clue to his other worldliness. A think blades sword rests at his hips as he winds his way down the slope with silent foot falls.
Back to top Go down
Stormkatz
Stormkatz

Things that I am :
  • ME Meercat
  • DDC Dingo
  • "Nice Girl"
  • Troll
  • Medium Poster
  • Chatbox Spammer
  • Really Too Kind
  • Rebel of Rogue

PostSubject: Re: [Silent Plot] Beneath The Blood Moon   [Silent Plot] Beneath The Blood Moon Icon_minitimeSun Mar 06, 2011 9:53 pm

The animal-like calls inside Iandorra Forest rippled through the air like so many ripples on the surface of the Larossa River. The ripples seemed almost alive upon its surface. Through the clear water, enriched with magic and folklore, a shape began to form, from what looked like water droplets that had decided to take on a better form. Gradually, a dragon-shaped creature crawled from the water, to lie on the bank of the river, faithfully. Although the creature was taller than a man, and had a large wingspan, it waited as patiently as a small dog would for its master.

The master in question followed not long after. In a similar flourish of ripples, a human form followed, its skin changing through blues and greens before settling at a pale, peach tone. Blonde locks curled around her shoulders, and a loose, flowing dress made from embroidered silk hung over her body. She nodded to the dragon, which rose silently, to stand in an awkward, crouched pose, as if expecting a punishment. It was clear that the woman was a cruel master. The pair wandered into the midst of the festivities, since it had been a long time since either being had been to any sort of social gathering. The woman smiled at everyone she could, and the dragon made itself busy by amusing the younger festival-goers. The smoke in the air burned both of their throats, but they didn’t complain. The dragon was truly enjoying the festival, whereas the woman had a look upon her face to suggest that she had much more drastic intentions. However, in the pale light, both blended in perfectly, dancing and singing with everyone else, and not demanding an explanation for it. Yet.

Last edited by StormKatz on Mon Mar 07, 2011 9:17 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Eldarwen
Admin
Eldarwen

Things that I am :
  • Alarmingly Excellent
  • Minion of Monty
  • Thrall of Zay

PostSubject: Re: [Silent Plot] Beneath The Blood Moon   [Silent Plot] Beneath The Blood Moon Icon_minitimeMon Mar 07, 2011 2:29 pm

A lone figure was stalking through the woods on silent feet. No sound was to be heard except for the natural ones emanating from the forest and its natural inhabitants. The slender built of the figure was hinting towards the woman who was hidden beneath the dark green cloak, neatly camouflaged into her surroundings as she slowly made her way into Iandorra Forest. The female was clad in leather clothes that let her free for movement but were tight in all the right places to emphasise her body structure. Her delicate features, which only barely revealed that she was partially elven, were relaxed, though cautious nevertheless. A few fringes of long, wavy red hair were weaving their way out of the hood, which she had pulled far into her face, hiding a black velvet band across her forehead and piercing green eyes. In addition to the array of daggers she was carrying, some visible, some not, she had a quiver and a bow strapped to her back, towards which her hand was now flying as sounds reached her ear, sounds that did not belong into a forest, especially not a mysterious one like this. Within a heartbeat, she had picked an arrow and nocked it tightly into place, readying herself for just about anything.

Cautiously, Siofra slowly edged her way closer towards the sounds, unsure what to think of the noises that were erupting from beneath the otherwise very quiet forest. It was not something she had expected in a forest that was considered to be haunted, or at least some people were still spreading such rumours, years after anything had come to pass that would suggest these stories to be even remotely true. Nevertheless, the half-elf had not dismissed them lightly for every story always contained at least a little bit of truth, even though sometimes the truth was buried deeply beneath the lies and illusions. This however seemed to hint almost towards the opposite as the sounds seemed to be relatively cheerful, almost as if something was being celebrated. Though within Iandorra Forest? Siofra was a little skeptical but she wanted to know what was going on.

The closer she got, the louder the noise grew and the cleared she could distinguish that it seemed indeed to be some kind of celebration. Even so, the half-elf did not take the arrow off the bowstring, keeping herself ready for anything. Celebrations were not necessarily public and open for anyone to join them, Siofra had experienced as much herself already. By mistake she had once stumbled into festivities she had not been welcomed into and it had ended with her quickly fleeing the premises when the leader had suggested sacrificing her to their god. Once she stepped around yet another large oak, she was almost dumbstruck at the sight offering itself to her. She had expected a lot, but she had not expected such an extremely large gathering, so colourful, loud and cheerful despite being in the midst of a haunted forest. Siofra still kept the arrow on the bow however, retreating a way back behind the oak, using it as a shield and a hiding point, preferring to observe this spectacle for a little before deciding what she would do based on the information she could gather.
Back to top Go down
Artemis
Artemis

Things that I am :
  • ME Meercat
  • SR Salamander
  • DDC Dingo
  • Alarmingly Excellent
  • Dragon Hoarder
  • Troll Fanatic
  • Medium Poster
  • Chatbox Spammer
  • Really Too Kind
  • Rebel of Rogue

PostSubject: Re: [Silent Plot] Beneath The Blood Moon   [Silent Plot] Beneath The Blood Moon Icon_minitimeMon Mar 07, 2011 6:17 pm

Leuan straightened up slightly, wings slowing to a gentle fanning as he hovered above the revelry. His face was one of slight confusion, eyes fractionally narrowed and eyebrows lowered a few millimetres. He wasn't sure what was going on, but if looked safe, warm and enjoyable and he was tired after a pretty long flight, so he half-folded his wings away and began to drop to the ground. He landed quite hard, enough distracted by everything ahead of him that he forgot the deeply ingrained habit of opening his wings wide just before landing to take some of the impact; but he still let his kness buckle and fell to the ground, letting his forearms take the impact rather than his wrists. He then climbed to his feet, brushed himself down and cautiously walked over to where a few couples span in brightly coloured clothes, smoothly dancing to the music.
'What is this?' he called out to them. But they didn't seem to hear him, just smiling at him before they whirled away. He frowned again and began to drift throughout the area, looking up at the people in trees and admiring the intricately designed costumes. Eventually, he slowed to a halt by the wrestling men and watched as they grappled with one another. They seemed strong; stronger than Leuan in the arms at least, though he was sure his back and shoulder muscles would be at an advantage to theirs from his flying. He paused to watch them for a time, frequently letting his attention wander to a particularly interestingly dressed person wandering past, an enticing scent or a hard-to-place sound. There were plenty of all of them for him to be distracted by, that was for sure.

Last edited by Artel on Sun Mar 20, 2011 12:29 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Taj
Taj

Things that I am :
  • Alarmingly Excellent
  • Dragon Hoarder
  • Troll
  • Long Poster
  • Medium Poster

PostSubject: Re: [Silent Plot] Beneath The Blood Moon   [Silent Plot] Beneath The Blood Moon Icon_minitimeTue Mar 08, 2011 1:47 am

Enlil rolled his tight shoulder, having been sore from his last job, but he wore a smile on his face. He enjoyed his line of work and would never tire of it. Enlil was someone used to the crackle in the air, the jolt of energy in the sky…being a lightening user as he was, but there was something different in the air and he wanted to know what it was.

Enlil came upon the odd celebration as he was walking along. He could literally feel their excitement. “Interesting.” He grinned and began making his way toward the people. He was not someone who would simply watch from the sidelines. Enlil almost wanted to join them as bad as he wanted to know who they were and why they were celebrating. Perhaps they were doing some sort of ritual for their god? He shrugged his shoulders.

Being a well built yet slim man, Enlil had confidence in his ability to fight if need be. His lightening had kept him safe for all twenty-three years of his life and would continue to do so. He was blessed with the gift and used it well, or so he thought. He would see what these people were about before going on about his way.
Back to top Go down
Jay
Jay

Things that I am :
  • Alarmingly Excellent
  • Short Poster
  • Really Too Kind
  • Underling of Eldar

Male Loveliness : 7

PostSubject: Re: [Silent Plot] Beneath The Blood Moon   [Silent Plot] Beneath The Blood Moon Icon_minitimeSun Mar 13, 2011 8:23 pm

Hiding behind a tree, listening to the music playing in the background. His closed eyes hiding some kind of rage. Sliver was determined to stay focused on what he came to achieve. Reaching for the sword which is slung on his back, he took a deep breath and stilled once more.

There was something bothering him, but he wasn't sure what it is... So he decided to keep listening to the celebration going on down below.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: [Silent Plot] Beneath The Blood Moon   [Silent Plot] Beneath The Blood Moon Icon_minitimeTue Mar 15, 2011 8:48 am

| O | O | C |
    Sorry, everyone, about the delay in my post.
    >.<
    My son is getting three of his molars in at the same time, which means no sleep at night, but long naps in the middle of the day and me brain is all messed up. I promise to get this post edited with my introduction as soon as these teeth break through. ^ ^ Thank you for being so patient.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: [Silent Plot] Beneath The Blood Moon   [Silent Plot] Beneath The Blood Moon Icon_minitimeSun Mar 20, 2011 9:09 am

| O | O | C |
    This is one of the longest posts I've done in a long time. You'll notice, there is an interaction for each Character that actually jumped into the fray. If you feel left out, I promise it's only because your Character is still hiding out some where and not that I don't luffle you. ^ ^ My Muse crapped out on me a FEW times. Sorry if it's a bit frayed. I really am sorry it took so long to get done. Stay with me for a little longer and I'll definitely make if worth you while. ;D Thanks for being SO patient! For now, let's stick to the posting order, please, until we get into full swing.

| B | I | C |
    A small gasp of excitement and wonder sounded near Intolo, almost unnoticed beneath the loud jubilee of the well placed bands. Bare feet quickly carried a lanky girl of six or seven summers toward the creature and slowed when she came closer. Her dark, honey-russet eyes set in a face of lighter brown skin burst with energy, but she clung onto a patience she knew had to be used with strange spirits that wandered the physical World. She hunched down on the ground only a few feet away from him, the bright purple skirts of her sleeveless dress flaring around her.

As if indulged by her Elders for the night, she had equally brilliant swirls of amethyst painted around the corners of her eyes, the middle of her forehead, and down both her arms and legs. Small silver bells hung from her earlobes, twinkling softly as moved to rest on her knees, reaching a slender hand out to the velvety sprite. She grinned and beckoned him forward as she would a frightened cat, stretching her fingers only an inch more for him to inspect.

As soon as Fraust reached the edge of the crowd, a young woman with a head dress of mirrors—shined with absolute perfection—danced up to him as if she floated on mist instead of walking on the ground like the rest of the World. She cleared the distance between them before he could even manage to move away, ringed, tricky fingers reaching up to touch the outer corners of his eyes with both forefingers. She offered him a warm smile accented with a wink as she whirled away to disappear back into the throng of people, leaving two small dots of golden paint where she had brushed his skin. They offered a scent of rosemary and an overpowering mint into the air.

Twin, teenage girls found their way over to the dragon and his blonde companion, carry a large, wicker basket between them. They wore matching silk dresses of burnt orange and crimson, half sleeved and desperately wrapped tight around their slim bodies. Dozens of golden wire hoops around their wrists and ankles left music of their own in the wake of the two girls’ steps. Grinning at each other, the one closest to the strange woman reached into their basket to produce a delicate, newly bloomed Night Lily of the purest white. Known only to spread its pedals when the stars were in the sky, their beauty could quickly be missed as they wilted into the Gardens of the afterlife as soon as the Sun peeked over the horizon. The magic of being able to see one before it died was almost awe-inspiring.

Her lithe fingers tucked the extravagant flora into the woman’s hair, but gave her no time to reply as they moved onto the dragon. No flower was offered to him. Both girls circled to stand on either side of him in-between giving the gypsy children rides and leaned in to gently kiss his scaly cheeks. Giggling, they flitted off into the crowd like butterflies on a Spring breeze.

Something parted from edge of the celebration and moved to nudge Enlil’s booted feet, making a low sound that seemed strangely like a “woof?” It appeared that the lightning riddled man was greeted by a thigh-tall, burly dog. His fur was a deep russet colour, streaked with yellow that had been put into his coat by the common use of henna. The canines eyes were an eerie sight; the left was an ordinary brown that rivaled his fur while the left boasted a bold hay colour that you would expect to see on a Wolf, not some pack Dog of some nomads. He nudge the man’s boot again with his nose and quickly dodged away, lowering the upper half of his body to the ground in a playfully gesture as he continued to stare up at the man.

He admitted another gruff woof, tail wagging enthusiastically in the air. His ears flicked forward to wait for the man’s next move and revealed that a chunk was missing from the tip of his right ear.

A particularly large hand thumped down to rest on Leuan’s shoulder, accompanied by the low chuckle of a man standing next to him. His slick brown skin glowered in the fire light with the sweat of just having wrestled a match and easily won against his cheerful opponent. Standing at five inches over six feet, the tall man appeared to be entirely built of bronze, topped with unevenly cropped hair of black that was tied back with a strip of soft leather. Despite his size, the broad grin in his oddly coloured green eyes said he was a man to be trusted and one who would fight for your honour to the end.

He offered his free hand for Leuan to clasp in a friendly gesture, flashing his bright white teeth. “Well met, stranger.” His accent was thick; slurring his words nicely, but was still easily understood. He was about to open his mouth to give the new comer his name when the music suddenly flared up and died, leaving only a steady beat of drums dancing through the air. Losing his grip on Leuan, he turned to look at the tents in the far corner of the clearing.

From there a group of children came running toward the crowd, laughing and throwing small coins mixed with flower pedals into the air. Someone walked behind them, bare feet moving at a slower paced as they walked amongst the carpet of metal and flowers. A hush moved through the crowd like a wave on the ocean, but it didn’t last for long. The swell of voices shouting in joy, cheers and clapping burst through the warm air.

A name soon occupied every mouth as the newly arrived woman moved into their midst. It soon became almost like a repetitive song, instruments following along with the musical chant.

“Lirael! Lirael! Lirael!”

The firelight caught her like a beacon when the crowd parted for just an instance, glimmering off the metal that she wore as if stars. Waves of black hair fell down to the middle of her arched back, brushing against a sleeveless—the straps on her shoulders wide, but much thinner than the latest fashions dictated—tunic of dark cerulean that reached only to her hips. The blue cloth was buttoned down the front with silver dragonflies flecked with azure stones and embroidered around the open collar, sleeves, and lower hem with winding silver thread. Bellow she wore breeches of a bright gray so broad that in the shadows of the night it appeared she was instead wearing flowing skirts tucked over her bare toes.

A circlet upon her forehead, crafted of polished silver and unnoticed hints of coppers, met in the middle of her eyes to form a larger dragonfly than the ones of her tunic. Wires formed the elegant wings, but were filled in the middle with the most pure of blue Fire Opals ever to be seen. They shone in their oval settings with the images of every other colour that could be named in their depths, shimmering beneath the deep blue. The dragonflies tail wound down between her optics and paled in comparison to the sight found there.

As vibrant and teal as turquoise—though surely the gemstones might even envy the hue that she claimed for herself—she glanced around with compassion to take in the smiles and waving hands of the gypsies. Her wide, slender eyes burned in their own inward fire, stark against her skin the shade of milk dashed into a pot of honey. A grin parted her plump, cherubic lips as she bent her willowy frame to take a Moon Lilly from a small girl of four who tried to hide behind her mother’s legs. She brushed the child’s hair with her fingertips, if only for a moment, before moving to saunter through the people.

As she offered full throated greetings above the sound and often stopped to talk to those who called her attention, the chant ceased and the celebration once again took flight into the summer air. Those who had received acknowledgement from the woman went back to dancing, eating, wrestling, and laughing. Even those who hadn’t just appeared jubilant to have seen or heard of her showing. The one they called Lirael carried into the gathering an ethereal atmosphere that almost didn’t seem real, stoking the fire that had been their energy with this electric appearance. Soon she simply walked along with the lily still twined in her fingers, occasionally reaching out to brush the outstretched hand of an idle dance or to listen to the stories of an elder woman winding a beautiful story for the ears of her hungry grandchildren.

Back to top Go down
Echo
Experienced Roleplayer
Echo

Things that I am :
  • Dragon Hoarder
  • Short Poster
  • Platypus
  • Chatbox Spammer
  • Rebel of Rogue

PostSubject: Re: [Silent Plot] Beneath The Blood Moon   [Silent Plot] Beneath The Blood Moon Icon_minitimeSun Mar 20, 2011 1:12 pm

The attention! Surely these humans were the kindest he had seen in a long time. Intolo's fur began to stand in excitement, baring his oversized teeth in an attempt to replicate the expression they called 'smiling'. It made his face feel wierd, but he figured it was the best way to show his approval. But the 'smile' quickly faded as the ornamented girl came closer, kneeling before him and offering her arm. Intolo stared at her for a while, his nose wiggling on occasion in thought. She was very pretty and exotic, and Intolo automatically took a liking to her. Shuffling foreward, Intolo pressed his nose against the tips of her fingers, them moved on to sit on her lap, facing away from her, so that i looked like he was sitting on a throne. Comfy.

Sensing the excitement rippling through the crowd, Intolo turned to stare at the woman making her way through the mass of people. Amazing! What he wouldn't do to get a chance to meet her. Pulling his lips back to 'smile' again, Intolo bounced lightly on the girls lap, lifting a claw to point at the woman. "Look! Look! Meet!" He chirruped in the Language of the Forest, a selective language that allowed him to choose who could hear him. At the moment, only the young girl would hear him speaking, the rest would only hear light barks and chitters. "Go!"
Back to top Go down
Nyx
Nyx

Things that I am :
  • ME Meercat
  • SR Salamander
  • "Nice Girl"
  • Gold Hoarder
  • Short Poster

PostSubject: Re: [Silent Plot] Beneath The Blood Moon   [Silent Plot] Beneath The Blood Moon Icon_minitimeSun Mar 20, 2011 2:03 pm

Faust touches a finger to the corners of his eyes and looks at them seing the gold paint. He watches the woman dance away, and licks his lips as if wanting to devour the sight of her. Long had he been away from the lives of men that he forgot how fair the females where. Watching all the revelrey around him he felt he could be safe enough here. With that thought he pulled his hat off and tossed it into the woods where it disappeared. Pulling the leather cord out of his hair he let his long raven locks to flit around his waist like his coat tails. Feeling confinded even in his coat he pulls ti off and it to goes into the darkness like his hat.

Feeling lest contrained he noticed the silence of the masses. HIs heart beating in time with the drums as he notes the croud parting for the woman. He could sence the etherial nature of her as if she herself was a spirit of the forest. HE stands still were he is as if not sure if he should approach her or not. He could feel the warmth of the fires even from where he stood and feel the beat of the drums coax his feet into moving. Yet she stood still, not sure if he should go, worried he would spook those around him.
Back to top Go down
Stormkatz
Stormkatz

Things that I am :
  • ME Meercat
  • DDC Dingo
  • "Nice Girl"
  • Troll
  • Medium Poster
  • Chatbox Spammer
  • Really Too Kind
  • Rebel of Rogue

PostSubject: Re: [Silent Plot] Beneath The Blood Moon   [Silent Plot] Beneath The Blood Moon Icon_minitimeSun Mar 20, 2011 7:46 pm

Eliza stopped her dancing as a woman began to make her way through the crowd. She hadn’t seemed to notice her, but there was a hive of excitement around her as she walked, and she wanted to be a part of it.

“Come, Oceianna. We are going to meet that nice lady over there.” She laughed, in a sugar sweet voice. The dancers around her laughed too, purely from the kindness in that voice, but Oceianna snarled as she turned away. She could see through her master’s disguise to the beast she was underneath. Even so, she was too terrified of the sylph, even when she was in her weaker human form to argue. “I’m coming, miss Hawthorne. I’m coming.” She called, her voice resonating and growing like ripples on gentle water. She left damp footprints as she walked, and her body was almost transparent, meaning that anyone watching the pair leaving would have seen an outline of Eliza’s ankles even through the little dragon.

Walking over to the woman, Eliza suddenly put on her ‘shy and sweet’ face, and tried to think of how to greet the woman. She decided her Human name would suit nicely, and ran through her greeting line in her mind. “I’m Elizabeth Hawthorne, its lovely to meet you.” She murmured under her breath, barely even shaping the words with her scarlet lips.

Oceianna just sighed, and thought her greeting to the woman upfront. “My master would like to meet you, ma’am. We are a little way behind you.” She thought, hoping the touch of a mind wouldn’t infuriate the woman. Anger was the last thing she wanted. Only happiness and joy, the two emotions a tear dragon will always try to urge upon people. Never anger.
Back to top Go down
Eldarwen
Admin
Eldarwen

Things that I am :
  • Alarmingly Excellent
  • Minion of Monty
  • Thrall of Zay

PostSubject: Re: [Silent Plot] Beneath The Blood Moon   [Silent Plot] Beneath The Blood Moon Icon_minitimeMon Mar 21, 2011 8:49 am

The half-elf kept to the shadows of the trees, the rough bark of the oak scratching her shoulder but she rather preferred the slightly rougher treatment of the tree to the feast that was seemingly going on. Siofra could distinguish more and more details in the festivities, certainly also the arrival of a few other beings, not all human, which seemed to be welcomed with open arms into the community celebrating in these parts. It still made her wonder why on earth anyone would want to hold festivities in a place such as this, but the friendly in which everyone seemed to be welcomed made her frown. If they harboured ill intentions, wouldn’t they drive away everyone that tried to interrupt or even to join? Although, of course, there was always the possibility to rather lure people in and make them accomplices for whichever evil deeds that were planned rather than having someone run off and spread the news.

Yet, there was something about this whole event that seemed to speak of only happiness and goodness, nothing really struck her eyes as speaking of impending doom. Thus, Siofra loosened the grip on her bow and arrow some more, even contemplating of putting both up completely, when suddenly the movement of the crowd began to change and all heads turned towards a group of children that suddenly appeared. Cocking her head lightly to the side, she observed the scenario and wondered whether this was part of something bigger or just a group of children playing around. It was somewhat surprising for them to get so much attention however if they were just playing. But what then followed the children out into the crowds was even more wondrous. As suspicious as Siofra usually was about a lot of things, she couldn’t help but forget all caution and just drop her arms, bow and arrow with them, and stare at the figure who had just appeared, completely awestruck.

The glittering of the silver metal and thread, combined with the fiery blue of the cloth and gems, was eye-catching and almost paralysingly beautiful. The wild singing had ebbed into an almost chant-like chorus of the same sound being repeated over and over again, the half-elf’s ears closed to the exact meaning of it as she stared at the woman, following her every movement through the crowd. When the chant suddenly stopped and the singing picked up again, Siofra awoke from her position as if from a trance. Shaking her head almost in irritation, she tightly gripped her bow with her left hand but didn’t put the arrow back onto the string, rather, after a few more seconds of staring at the newly appeared woman and the rest of the crowd, she finally put her arrow back into the quiver and slung her bow over her shoulder. If she wanted more information on what was going on, she would have to get closer, but she didn’t want to make herself noticed just yet, just in case. It all seemed too weird to her, in this setting at least; anywhere else, and she might not have thought twice about joining the gypsies for an hour or so before moving on to something else, but as it were, Siofra preferred to remain her cautious self, even if she was overdoing it. Sticking close to the trees, the half-elf thus edged her way closer to where the woman was moving to in order to get a better look and to maybe pick up scratches of conversation here and there, if simple spoken words were not overpowered by the singing and drums.
Back to top Go down
Artemis
Artemis

Things that I am :
  • ME Meercat
  • SR Salamander
  • DDC Dingo
  • Alarmingly Excellent
  • Dragon Hoarder
  • Troll Fanatic
  • Medium Poster
  • Chatbox Spammer
  • Really Too Kind
  • Rebel of Rogue

PostSubject: Re: [Silent Plot] Beneath The Blood Moon   [Silent Plot] Beneath The Blood Moon Icon_minitimeTue Mar 22, 2011 9:42 pm

Leuan started slightly as the hand came down on his shoulder, hair flying outwards as his head spun round. He had a brief flare of anxieties- who were the men, what did they want with him?- as he looked up at the beefy man, but he quickly realised no harm was intended and gave an easy grin to the pair of men. He took the outstretched hand in a firm grip, giving it a shake as he responded,
'Well met.' But as the music reached a sudden climax and the wrestelrs quite suddenly turned away, Leuan let his gaze follow theirs. His eyes widened suddenly as he saw the woman floating through the crowds, taking in her well-formed features and the dragonfly which seemed to perch on her brow. He had a strange urge to press forwards and call her name like the gypsies, even momentarily housing a mad hope that she would throw herself at him like a few girls had done before, but he soon enough saw something to deter that course of action.

A dragon stood just a few metres away from him, near a quite pretty young woman with blonde hair. But a dragon! Leuan was gripped by a sudden fear; dragons could be vicious, ferocious, he was sure, and there was no escape from them in the air. Their fire would so easily torch his precious wings, incinerating the feathers and rendering them useless in no time at all. He gulped and scrabble backwards a couple of steps. When he got over the initial shock, he had a dilemma; avoid the dragon or approach Lirael? For the girl and the dragon also seemed to be headed for the beautiful and graceful woman making her way amongst the people. Leuan shuddered, a few beads of sweat forming on his skin and rolling down his bare chest, then began to walk towards Lirael, pointedly not looking in the direction of the dragon and fixating his thoughts on other things.
Back to top Go down
Taj
Taj

Things that I am :
  • Alarmingly Excellent
  • Dragon Hoarder
  • Troll
  • Long Poster
  • Medium Poster

PostSubject: Re: [Silent Plot] Beneath The Blood Moon   [Silent Plot] Beneath The Blood Moon Icon_minitimeThu Mar 24, 2011 9:24 pm

Enlil was greeted by some sort of barking and looked down to see a dog nudging at his boot and he bent down rubbing the soft fur. "Hey there pup!" Enlil said with a large smile on his face. He watched as the playful dog moved to wiggle his butt in the air. How interesting. Enlil took note of the missing piece of ear but thought nothing of it as he bent low and issued a playful growl to the dog, hopping forward slightly and play with him. "Are you with them?" He kept his playful position, obviously not expecting the wolf/dog to answer but he was interested. This wasn't something you saw every day and the lightning user was a curious person.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: [Silent Plot] Beneath The Blood Moon   [Silent Plot] Beneath The Blood Moon Icon_minitimeMon Apr 11, 2011 7:23 am

The small girl grinned at Intolo and hurriedly placed him on top of her head. Balancing carefully, she was about to make a move towards the crowd when she spotted something else at the crest of one of the many hills. A man with golden eyes and golden paint was stripping most of his outer clothes off. She was inwardly glad when he stopped just short of his shirt and breeches, as were a few people around him that had been idly watching. Well aware of Intolo’s urgency to meet Lirael, she still diverted from her path and walked over to the man |Faust|. She pulled the forest creature down into her arms to cradle him there, partially in attempt to hide him, but mostly so that she could glance up at the towering figure’s face without plopping Intolo on the ground.

“Are you here to celebrate, too?” She asked cheerfully above the sounds of the crowd.

Lirael was returning a flask of tea to a woman decorated with beads when a silky voice brushed against her thoughts. It was a beautiful sound, making her smile as she turned around to search through the faces for the one who had addressed her. It didn’t take much to find them—being that they were one of very few faces that she did not recognize—and she had soon closed the open space, only stopping briefly to wave at someone who had caught her attention at the edge of the clearing. Approaching the two with eyes that brimmed full of a wonder and enjoyment, she placed a delicate hand upon the neck of the silvery-blue Dragon with a slow respect that said she would back away if the gesture was not welcomed.

“Welcome, friends.” She addressed them in a warm tone, words coated in a light sing-song accent that didn’t muffle her vowels. The pretty golden haired woman—the one she assumed the voice had called Master—was more than intriguing to the eye, but her silence seemed odd. Why hadn’t she approached on her own terms? Shifting her attention up towards the cat-like eyes of the creature beneath her fingers, she continued much more quietly as if the rest of the world shouldn’t be bothered with what she had to say to Oceianna. “It was you that called me, wasn’t it?”

| Kitty-Cat, if you have a problem with Lirael touching her, let me know and I can alter this part of the post for you. ^ ^ |

The wrestler, having had his fill of the excitement and resumed watching the games once the music started playing again, watched with great amusement as Leuan seemed at odds with approaching Lirael or the company she kept. A wave from the magical woman caught his eye and he returned the gesture with a smile and a nod of the head. Something passed there between them, but it was brief and fleeting, disappearing before anyone would have known to look for it. Glancing back towards Leuan, it was torture to see him sweat out the situation. The awkward boy looked like he needed a bit of help and help was what he would get, whether it would be appreciated or not. He moved through the crowd as well as a wall of a human like he could and caught up to Leuan; which wasn’t hard as the stranger was walking rather slowly. Wrapping an arm around the back of his shoulders, almost sweeping him off his feet he helped the boy pick up his pace, ushering him closer to the dragon-fly woman. He grinned, not giving Leuan much of a chance to protest, as they came within only a few feet of Lirael.

The wolf-dog lurched forward and attacked Enlil not with teeth, but with his tongue. He planted both feet on the man’s shoulders and licked his face quite enthusiastically, seemingly happy to see someone willing to play his games. He pounced—oddly looking as if he jumped like a rabbit since his paws didn’t stay on the ground for long—away for only a moment before he realized that they had company. Not noticing them, or not caring to, a woman |Siofra| in an emerald cloak had edged her way along the celebration and found herself in the middle of the hound’s game. He yipped loudly and rabbit-hopped in a circle around her, then quickly ran back to Enlil to do the same, woofs and barks escaping him like a long winded conversation. He obviously had a lot to say.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: [Silent Plot] Beneath The Blood Moon   [Silent Plot] Beneath The Blood Moon Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

[Silent Plot] Beneath The Blood Moon
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next