Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

{Spirit} guess this'll be untitled, then... {Katz}

Go down 
2 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
AuthorMessage
Stormkatz
Stormkatz

Things that I am :
  • ME Meercat
  • DDC Dingo
  • "Nice Girl"
  • Troll
  • Medium Poster
  • Chatbox Spammer
  • Really Too Kind
  • Rebel of Rogue

Female Loveliness : 16

{Spirit} guess this'll be untitled, then... {Katz} - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: {Spirit} guess this'll be untitled, then... {Katz}   {Spirit} guess this'll be untitled, then... {Katz} - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 18, 2011 1:37 pm

“I’m sure it will. Thanks though. And yes, we probably should get going – there seems to be little point in staying here to watch the city burn down.” Jackdaww said, slinging his chain mail shirt over his good shoulder to carry. It was heavy – heavier than he had realised before, and he staggered for a second before regaining his balance. It had never felt heavy when he was wearing it, but maybe that was just because he was so used to it.

“So, which way?” he asked, looking around. The forest stretched out for miles behind them, and he couldn’t see any signs of another city. However, he had always been more at home in the woods anyway, so that wasn’t really a problem for him.

--

“Thirteen years and eight months.” Measle answered precisely. He knew his age (didn’t everyone?), and since he had known Jackdaww since the day he had hatched he knew exactly how long he had known him. He had no experience of being a wild dragon, so he didn’t even know what he had been missing, but as far as he could see, he had it easy. Jackdaww cooked their food for them, and he was great company – not that he would ever say so to Jackdaww himself.

“What about you and dawn?” he asked in return, smiling politely. He noted privately that Jackdaww was probably about to embarrass them both, but he could always hope that he would stay quiet for a while.
Back to top Go down
Spiritdragon
Spiritdragon

Things that I am :
  • ME Meercat
  • DDC Dingo
  • Dragon Hoarder
  • Gold Hoarder
  • Medium Poster
  • Chatbox Spammer
  • Really Too Kind

Female Loveliness : 2

PostSubject: Re: {Spirit} guess this'll be untitled, then... {Katz}   {Spirit} guess this'll be untitled, then... {Katz} - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 19, 2011 1:22 am

"Okay," Dawn said, looking around for a moment. She saw him stagger and reached out slightly before he caught himself. Seeing that he had she withdrew her hand and turned towards the forest. "Are you sure you will not fly?" she asked nervously, not particularly fond of forests. Granted she knew how to survive in them considering that was where she had lived for most of her life but that was exactly why she did not like them now. Too much time and too many bad memories. Still, it did not look like they had any other choice.

"Well, I guess it does not really matter," she said with a slight shrug. "Since at the moment we do not have any real destination in mind."

~~~~~

"That is a long time," Taya replied, a little surprised by the number. She looked over at Dawn and smiled slightly. "A little over two years," she said with a short nod. "I happened to visit the forest where she was living with her family and we got along so we decided to stay together." She fell silent for a moment, watching the pair with an amused glint in her eyes.

"It is not nearly as long as you two have been together of course," Taya finished, returning her gaze to Measle. "But still, I do feel quite attached." Granted she spent most of her time watching out for her rider, seeing as she was so shy and reserved, but it was worth it in the Antler's opinion.

Back to top Go down
Stormkatz
Stormkatz

Things that I am :
  • ME Meercat
  • DDC Dingo
  • "Nice Girl"
  • Troll
  • Medium Poster
  • Chatbox Spammer
  • Really Too Kind
  • Rebel of Rogue

PostSubject: Re: {Spirit} guess this'll be untitled, then... {Katz}   {Spirit} guess this'll be untitled, then... {Katz} - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 19, 2011 3:43 pm

Well it seems a little rude to ask Taya to carry us both, really. We could take the path east though – that sort of coasts around the forest instead of going through it.” He said, pointing upstream. He knew that Measle wasn’t strong enough to carry him for long, and definitely couldn’t take off with a human on his back (even if they were as light as Jackdaww), and he matter still stood that he couldn’t stand heights.

--

“They are easy to get attached to, aren’t they? What was it like, though? Before you met Dawn, that is. I’m not sure I can imagine it.” He asked, trying to think where he would be without Jackdaww. Probably still living in the woods somewhere, but there would be no biscuits or mince pies if he was a wild dragon. And he would have to hunt, which he wasn’t exactly fond of.

“I never had much choice – Jackdaww needed me, and I was too young to go off on my own.” He added, remarking about the amount of time he had spent with Jackdaww. He had hatched for the man, and as a newborn he didn’t have the wits to look after himself without a mother or father. It was strange, really, but he had never thought about what might have been before this. He had always just accepted that he was Jackdaww’s dragon, and that was the end of it.
Back to top Go down
Spiritdragon
Spiritdragon

Things that I am :
  • ME Meercat
  • DDC Dingo
  • Dragon Hoarder
  • Gold Hoarder
  • Medium Poster
  • Chatbox Spammer
  • Really Too Kind

PostSubject: Re: {Spirit} guess this'll be untitled, then... {Katz}   {Spirit} guess this'll be untitled, then... {Katz} - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 20, 2011 2:32 am

"She could but if you would rather walk that is fine," Dawn replied with a slight smile. "I have no problem going through the forest, I was raised there you see." She just was not particularly looking forward to doing so. "Either way we will have to use the forest for shelter and food while we are traveling so it does not really matter. I suppose the most direct route would be best." But most direct route to what was the question. "On the other hand staying by the water is probably a good idea because who knows if we will be able to find that in the forest." Dawn shrugged slightly, indecisive.

~~~~~

"Lonely for one thing," Taya said, thinking back. It seemed so long ago that it was almost difficult now. "But I could do whatever I wanted. I still can really, but I have to worry about Dawn now. Let me see..." The days had seemed endless back then, as she did the same thing every time. "I think things are more exciting now," she continued finally. "Before I met Dawn I fell into a pattern, and that gets old after a while. Things are better now, that much I am sure of, though sometimes I get tired of having to watch out for her." Taya shrugged slightly and smiled. "I am sure you feel the same way about Jackdaww sometimes."

Back to top Go down
Stormkatz
Stormkatz

Things that I am :
  • ME Meercat
  • DDC Dingo
  • "Nice Girl"
  • Troll
  • Medium Poster
  • Chatbox Spammer
  • Really Too Kind
  • Rebel of Rogue

PostSubject: Re: {Spirit} guess this'll be untitled, then... {Katz}   {Spirit} guess this'll be untitled, then... {Katz} - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 20, 2011 10:33 pm

“Sometimes? I feel like that all the time – the man is an imbecile. But...I wouldn’t be without him. Don’t tell him I said that, mind. He’ll think I’ve gone soft.” Measle smiled, realising that, while following Jackdaww around provided it’s own challenges, it at least saved him from the tedium that would surely surround him if it weren’t for the human.

“I’ve always wondered, that’s all. I wonder if I would have been a different dragon if I’d lived wild, but I guess I’ll never know.” He added, shrugging the thought away. It didn’t matter all that much, in the long run.

--

“I’ve been down every trail in these woods at least twice, and I’ve never had trouble finding water. We just don’t know if it will lead anywhere. That suits me fine, since I’m never really looking for a town as such, but you’re probably looking for a city yourself.” Jackdaww said. He knew forests – he understood them – but open spaces had never suited him.

“If you want, I can probably manage to fly – if that’s what you’d prefer. It would certainly be faster.” He said, trying to talk himself up. Measle would be able to keep up, he knew that, but he knew he’d be a quivering mess by the time they landed. Oh well, he had been in worse situations that on dragonback, hadn’t he?
Back to top Go down
Spiritdragon
Spiritdragon

Things that I am :
  • ME Meercat
  • DDC Dingo
  • Dragon Hoarder
  • Gold Hoarder
  • Medium Poster
  • Chatbox Spammer
  • Really Too Kind

PostSubject: Re: {Spirit} guess this'll be untitled, then... {Katz}   {Spirit} guess this'll be untitled, then... {Katz} - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 20, 2011 10:53 pm

Taya chuckled quietly and nodded. "Of course. I will not say anything," she assured him. "And I know how you feel. He seems like he could be the type that would get in trouble a lot. Then again, all humans can be troublemakers to a point." She smiled faintly and stood, noticing that Jackdaww and Dawn were looking towards the forest. "Perhaps we should continue this conversation on the move," she suggested, nodding towards the pair.

She wondered what they were talking about, but figured that Dawn was protesting the need to go into the forest. Why not just let her fly them both? Or perhaps Jackdaww did not want to. For whatever reason they seemed determined to walk, and Taya made a mental note to ask her rider about it later.

~~~~~~

"As long as you know where you are going I do not mind," Dawn replied with a slight shrug. "And if flying would make you uncomfortable we might as well walk." She was not certain if that was the reason he seemed so set upon walking, but she figured that was why. "To tell you the truth flying still freaks me out sometimes." It certainly did not help that Taya liked to scare her by flipping upside down when she least expected it.

She smiled at him reassuringly. "Walking is just fine," she repeated, looking towards the forest again. "And with the state my arms are in it is probably safer for me to stay on the ground anyway." She knew that Taya would be careful with the both of them of course but she did not want to take the chance.

"Actually I am not all that fond of big cities," Dawn admitted. "I prefer the open countryside or small villages and towns. Too many people makes me feel trapped and unsafe. Even when I have someone with me like Taya that I know can protect me I do not feel secure. Old habit I guess," she finished with a shrug.

Back to top Go down
Stormkatz
Stormkatz

Things that I am :
  • ME Meercat
  • DDC Dingo
  • "Nice Girl"
  • Troll
  • Medium Poster
  • Chatbox Spammer
  • Really Too Kind
  • Rebel of Rogue

PostSubject: Re: {Spirit} guess this'll be untitled, then... {Katz}   {Spirit} guess this'll be untitled, then... {Katz} - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 21, 2011 10:12 am

“Yes, we should probably pick up those two.” Measle said, before starting to walk towards the two humans. He could see that Jackdaww had managed to talk his way out of flying, and concealed a small smile about it. It was a good thing he couldn’t carry him, really, if this was how worried he was.

--

“Well, I know these woods like the back of my hand, so you can rest assured we’ll be going the right way. Now, where do we want to end up? That’s the real question.” He mused, trying to think which villages he’d visited around here.

“Fair enough about the cities though. I’m not such a fan myself, although I certainly used to be.” He said, almost cryptically. He used to love cities, and never left the safe, stone walls, but time had changed all that. Now he hated to stay anywhere for more than a few days.
Back to top Go down
Spiritdragon
Spiritdragon

Things that I am :
  • ME Meercat
  • DDC Dingo
  • Dragon Hoarder
  • Gold Hoarder
  • Medium Poster
  • Chatbox Spammer
  • Really Too Kind

PostSubject: Re: {Spirit} guess this'll be untitled, then... {Katz}   {Spirit} guess this'll be untitled, then... {Katz} - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 22, 2011 3:01 am

Taya headed over as well, coming up behind Dawn and nudging her shoulder just as she opened her mouth to speak, causing the woman to practically launch out of her skin due to the unexpected jostle. "Hi there," the woman said with a nervous laugh, patting the Antler on the muzzle to settle herself. The blame could only be placed on her for not paying close enough attention, for what if it had been a predator and not something friendly?

After waiting a moment for her heartbeat to settle back into a somewhat normal rate Dawn continued with what she had been about to say. "Some small village you are partial to I suppose," she replied with a slight shrug, having no real idea where they were. Naturally it would be simple for Taya to take a look around should they get turned around, and to find them the nearest village, but Dawn decided to trust Jackdaww to guide them both. It was a big step, and she doubted that he knew just how much of one it was, not that she was ever going to let on.

Taya, on the other hand, did know, and was tempted to say something about it, but held her tongue, deciding to do it some other time, one that was more appropriate and in a way that would not get her killed and skinned by her infuriated rider. Of course, that was easier said than done. "Perhaps the closest one would be best though," she put in instead. "If only because you two are injured."

Back to top Go down
Stormkatz
Stormkatz

Things that I am :
  • ME Meercat
  • DDC Dingo
  • "Nice Girl"
  • Troll
  • Medium Poster
  • Chatbox Spammer
  • Really Too Kind
  • Rebel of Rogue

PostSubject: Re: {Spirit} guess this'll be untitled, then... {Katz}   {Spirit} guess this'll be untitled, then... {Katz} - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 28, 2011 12:10 am

“Alright, if my memory serves there is a little place just north of here. I think Measle and I stopped there to stock up a while ago. I’d say it was a day’s walk – maybe two. Right, Measle?” Jackdaww said, turning to his dragon for confirmation. Measle nodded, hoping Jackdaww was right. He couldn’t really remember, but the image of a little village did seem fairly familiar. Jackdaww usually lead the way, and he was still not sure it was the best way round.

“It was a really lovely place – all pretty little houses, and the best damned tavern I’d been in for ages. If we move quickly, we’ll probably find the trail today.” Jackdaww said enthusiastically. He might have been exaggerating a bit about the village’s beauty, but the tavern remark was certainly true. He wasn’t going to forget that place any time soon – the ale had been just cheap enough for his taste, and he had fond memories of drinking himself silly in their few days there last time. Once they found the old trail, it would be really easy going – there would probably still be shelters between here and there from their last journey.
Back to top Go down
Spiritdragon
Spiritdragon

Things that I am :
  • ME Meercat
  • DDC Dingo
  • Dragon Hoarder
  • Gold Hoarder
  • Medium Poster
  • Chatbox Spammer
  • Really Too Kind

PostSubject: Re: {Spirit} guess this'll be untitled, then... {Katz}   {Spirit} guess this'll be untitled, then... {Katz} - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 22, 2012 1:40 am

That means spending a few nights in the forest, Taya thought, glancing at her rider who was thinking the same thing. While the Antler had no problem with it Taya did not really like to do so, however she voiced no complaint, something that surprised the dragon. Well, I guess she is trying to be adventurous, Taya decided. It certainly was something different. Usually her rider would have wanted to go somewhere quiet and peaceful after what had happened in the city, not going trekking through the forest. Well, Taya had no problem with it if Dawn did not.

"Yes the trail is good," Dawn said with a short nod. "I do not mind wandering around in the forest but I would prefer a clear path." Of course, bandits liked to hide in wait on forest paths... Dawn sighed, irritated with herself for thinking of such horrors. Who in their right mind would attack anyone accompanied by a dragon, much less two? That would have to be a very stupid bandit, she decided, put at ease by this thought. Yes, they should be completely safe in the forest, Dawn thought firmly, trying to impress that upon her mind.

Back to top Go down
Stormkatz
Stormkatz

Things that I am :
  • ME Meercat
  • DDC Dingo
  • "Nice Girl"
  • Troll
  • Medium Poster
  • Chatbox Spammer
  • Really Too Kind
  • Rebel of Rogue

PostSubject: Re: {Spirit} guess this'll be untitled, then... {Katz}   {Spirit} guess this'll be untitled, then... {Katz} - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 23, 2012 10:07 pm

“Alright then! Let’s go.” Jackdaww said enthusiastically. A little way behind, Measle shook his head slightly, and addressed Taya. “I promise, he does know what he’s doing. He just looks like a clown.” He said reassuringly, before following Jackdaww obediently under the first patch of tree cover.

A large, clear path became visible almost immediately, and Jackdaww seemed quite happy to follow it for a while. Measle decided not to point out that this /wasn’t/ the way they had come from, and instead just played along, hoping that Jackdaww was just trying to build everyone up to taking one of his slightly eccentric routes later on. If all else failed, Measle had a fairly good idea of where they had last slept, so he wasn’t going to let himself worry about it.

“Well, you probably won’t get much more sense out of him today – I doubt he has the capacity to navigate and talk.” Measle commented to Dawn and Taya, smiling brightly. He had complete faith in Jackdaww’s guidance, no matter how foolish it might have seemed.
Back to top Go down
Spiritdragon
Spiritdragon

Things that I am :
  • ME Meercat
  • DDC Dingo
  • Dragon Hoarder
  • Gold Hoarder
  • Medium Poster
  • Chatbox Spammer
  • Really Too Kind

PostSubject: Re: {Spirit} guess this'll be untitled, then... {Katz}   {Spirit} guess this'll be untitled, then... {Katz} - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 25, 2012 2:30 am

Dawn nodded in agreement, following Jackdaww without complaint, even as they had to force their way through the bushes and obstacles around them to get to the path. Once they came out upon it she relaxed, looking around the forest with an almost wistful expression. After all, she had not been into a forest for a while, at least not for any extended period of time. Now that she had returned to one, it was difficult to remember the reason behind avoiding them. Surely it will come back to me when I least want it to, Dawn thought wearily.

Taya smiled at Measle, ducking carefully to avoid slamming her head against any low hanging tree branches. The forest was just big enough that she could fit comfortably, though if it got any smaller she would begin to have problems. Besides the fact that should they need to run or escape, she would be unable to move very quickly or fly away. Ah well, Dawn had agreed to go this way and if her rider wanted to do something then Taya was willing to go along with it to a point.

The Antler chuckled at Measle's next comment and nodded slightly. "Dawn gets the same way sometimes," she replied softly as her rider smiled at the pair and moved ahead to catch up with Jackdaww, not trying to avoid the dragons but simply not willing to lose their guide, as remote of a chance that was. "She is wary of getting lost," Taya explained, hoping Measle would not get the idea Dawn was trying to get away from him. "So tell me, does bad luck follow the pair of you around too or is it simply my rider it is attracted to?"

Back to top Go down
Stormkatz
Stormkatz

Things that I am :
  • ME Meercat
  • DDC Dingo
  • "Nice Girl"
  • Troll
  • Medium Poster
  • Chatbox Spammer
  • Really Too Kind
  • Rebel of Rogue

PostSubject: Re: {Spirit} guess this'll be untitled, then... {Katz}   {Spirit} guess this'll be untitled, then... {Katz} - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 28, 2012 8:25 pm

“I think it’s just humans in general, but sadly Jack does seem a little… accident prone. No cause for concern of course, but he does keep me on my toes.” Measle said, still trying to ease Taya in easily. If he had just said straight off that Jackdaww was the biggest klutz the world had ever seen, and that he shouldn’t be left unsupervised for a moment, he had a feeling that their new travelling companions may have been put off somewhat. If they were lucky, they’d reach their destination before any of that became too clear.

“Dawn seems nice – I’d say you were lucky to have a human like her.” Measle added, watching the humans carefully. He couldn’t help looking upon bipeds (Jackdaww especially) as children, but Dawn seemed surprisingly collected in comparison to the others Measle had met, which gave him some hope that Jackdaww might one day grow up a bit.
Back to top Go down
Spiritdragon
Spiritdragon

Things that I am :
  • ME Meercat
  • DDC Dingo
  • Dragon Hoarder
  • Gold Hoarder
  • Medium Poster
  • Chatbox Spammer
  • Really Too Kind

PostSubject: Re: {Spirit} guess this'll be untitled, then... {Katz}   {Spirit} guess this'll be untitled, then... {Katz} - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Feb 05, 2012 2:37 am

Dawn looked over her shoulder at Measle's words, not quite far enough away that she could not hear him. "I am the same way, it does not bother me," she replied with a faint smile before turning away and joining Jackdaww. Taya could only chuckle at both of their comments, for she knew all too well how much truth was in Dawn's statement.

"Ah, why thank you," Taya replied, nodding politely. "I would say the same of Jackdaww. He seems to be quite bold, though that must get you two into trouble." In truth she had been impressed by his handling of the fire and the fact that he had gotten Dawn out more or less safely. "I hope he was not too badly injured," she commented, following those thoughts and realizing that she really had no idea. Dawn would be fine in a week or so, give or take a few days, she knew that. They had gotten into worse scrapes, though this one could certainly have ended badly.

"So this town," Dawn said softly once she had caught up. "I take it you have been here before... how long ago?" She was really grasping at straws for a topic of conversation, hopefully she would be able to find something more to talk about once they got started. "Oh, and thank you. For helping me get out of there."

Back to top Go down
Stormkatz
Stormkatz

Things that I am :
  • ME Meercat
  • DDC Dingo
  • "Nice Girl"
  • Troll
  • Medium Poster
  • Chatbox Spammer
  • Really Too Kind
  • Rebel of Rogue

PostSubject: Re: {Spirit} guess this'll be untitled, then... {Katz}   {Spirit} guess this'll be untitled, then... {Katz} - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 07, 2012 7:26 pm

“I’ve never thought of Jack as ‘bold’ before, but I suppose he might be. It’s tricky to spook him, that’s for sure, but that’s just from all the training…” he trailed off, not sure how much about Jackdaww he was allowed to say. However, he was sure that Taya and Dawn were safe enough – what would Jackdaww’s little knight act mean to them?

“He won’t be injured – he’ll complain as much as possible, but this is nothing. I’d give him two days to stop hurting, and a bit longer to heal over.” Measle added, smiling at Taya’s concern, but not mirroring it. He had seen his human shrug off broken wrists, and just continue fighting regardless. It was a good thing too – he broke so easily that it was hard to imagine what it would be like if he couldn’t handle the pain.

--

“Yeah, we’ve been before – probably only about a month ago actually. We just stopped to pick up supplies, but it seemed like a nice place.” Jackdaww replied with a smile. He had probably been to every little village on the edge of the forest around here, but he barely remembered any. At least he knew this one reasonably well.

“Oh, well, you’re welcome then. I didn’t exactly do much though.” He said, taken by surprise. He had done all he could, sure, but Dawn could probably have handled it herself. They wouldn’t even have been in the area if he hadn’t insisted on going to the market.
Back to top Go down
Spiritdragon
Spiritdragon

Things that I am :
  • ME Meercat
  • DDC Dingo
  • Dragon Hoarder
  • Gold Hoarder
  • Medium Poster
  • Chatbox Spammer
  • Really Too Kind

PostSubject: Re: {Spirit} guess this'll be untitled, then... {Katz}   {Spirit} guess this'll be untitled, then... {Katz} - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 11, 2012 2:01 am

"He certainly seems that way to me," Taya replied with a short nod. "To let you in on a little secret that is not really all that big of a secret, today was the boldest I have seen Dawn since... I met her I believe." The Antler dragon smiled to show that she was not trying to be mean. It was a simple fact. Still she adored her rider, as Dawn did her, though they would occasionally separate to investigate different areas or if Taya wanted to move on but Dawn had gotten slightly more attached to a city than usual and wanted to look around some more.

"Good, I am glad his injuries are not too bad," the Antler said, nodding again. Hopefully Dawn would heal just as quickly, though she knew her rider's wounds tended to heal more slowly than most. Not that she was fragile, though in a way she was, but her immune system was not as good as it could be or something similar to that. It was the same reason behind why she caught colds more easily than other people as well.

~~

"Good, I am glad," Dawn said, nodding shortly, much like her dragon did. To that day neither of them was certain who had given the habit to the other, but they certainly both had it now. "Sounds like the perfect place to spend a few days to heal and relax. Especially after the chaos of that place." The girl could not help glancing back over her shoulder, where the faint tendrils of smoke were still visible through the leaves and branches. Granted she felt bad for the people, but all she wanted to do was find a quiet place and relax.

"I doubt I would have been able to if you had not been there," she said, turning back to him but looking away at the same time, a faint blush coloring her cheeks. Dawn was not that good with expressing emotions, especially ones that could be turned back upon her at a later date with the intent to harm. Not that she thought Jackdaww would do that, nor was she really telling him anything, but she was admitting weakness, and that was never a good idea in her mind. "And I think the city would not have lasted for as long as it did either," she added suddenly, realizing that the same could be said for her and Taya being there too.

Back to top Go down
Stormkatz
Stormkatz

Things that I am :
  • ME Meercat
  • DDC Dingo
  • "Nice Girl"
  • Troll
  • Medium Poster
  • Chatbox Spammer
  • Really Too Kind
  • Rebel of Rogue

PostSubject: Re: {Spirit} guess this'll be untitled, then... {Katz}   {Spirit} guess this'll be untitled, then... {Katz} - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 16, 2012 10:28 pm

Measle was quiet for a moment. He was always fairly harsh on Jackdaww – he knew that enough already, but he had genuinely never noticed that he /was/ quite brave before. Now that he thought about it, though, Taya was right. He had been a toughened warrior by the age of fourteen, when he had met him, but the forest had only strengthened his resolve, which he guessed made him about as bold as he needed to be. It was strange how he only noticed things like this when someone else pointed them out.

“Thank you – I hope Dawn heals quickly too.” He said quickly, realising his silence must have looked a little rude. “If I remember correctly this village has a decent healer who should be able to set them both on the right tracks. Jack doesn’t do magic – he doesn’t trust it – but the healer there damned well knew his herbs.” He added, just in case Taya had been worried. He seemed to remember Jackdaww arriving there with a broken arm (well, it could have been anywhere, since that happened all the time), and that the healer had it splinted and healing fantastically, but he wasn’t too sure. A lot had happened since then, so he couldn’t be too sure what had actually happened.

---

He noted that Dawn was blushing somewhat, but didn’t mention it – that would have been rude, and downright un-gentlemanly, so instead he just murmured a vague ‘it was nothing’ response, and let it slide. Despite what Measle thought, he did know when to hold his tongue. He just often chose not to anyway.

“You can thank the others for keeping the city together – they were hauling in twice the water I was. But you’re welcome, I guess.” Jackdaww said, a little awkwardly as Dawn continued. If he had been talking to Measle, the fire would have been ‘his fault’, and ‘another grand mess’, and he wasn’t sure how to react to the thanks. However, he was pleased that he had actually been some help – after all, he had at least spotted the fire within enough time to get them out of there, hadn’t he?
Back to top Go down
Spiritdragon
Spiritdragon

Things that I am :
  • ME Meercat
  • DDC Dingo
  • Dragon Hoarder
  • Gold Hoarder
  • Medium Poster
  • Chatbox Spammer
  • Really Too Kind

PostSubject: Re: {Spirit} guess this'll be untitled, then... {Katz}   {Spirit} guess this'll be untitled, then... {Katz} - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 22, 2012 2:21 am

Taya noticed Measle's silence and, as her rider would have, spent the long moment wondering if she had said something wrong. We are really starting to rub off on each other too much, she thought, chuckling mentally. It was only natural of course, but still. The last thing she wanted was to become as timid and nervous as Dawn, much as she loved her rider.

"She does not really heal quickly but unless it is really hurting her she will not complain," Taya replied, thankful to realize that the other dragon had just been thinking. She could not quite help chuckling at Measle's next comment. "Well then I suppose I had better tell Dawn not to shift in front of him," she thought aloud. Noticing that she had actually spoken the Antler continued. "She is a shapeshifter you see, I would imagine he would find that odd." Forced to suddenly duck a low hanging branch Taya went silent for a moment, taking another to gather her thoughts again. "I have heard herbs work quite well," she agreed. "Though personally, I have never seen them in effect."

~~~

Dawn nodded slightly, glancing back at the pair. "That is why it astonishes me that some people are trying to eradicate the dragons," she commented, returning her focus to her path, wary of tripping. "They are so helpful and majestic... Well, perhaps eventually we can change their minds." She could only hope that would be the case. After all, the last thing she needed was for people to come after them trying to kill her dragon.

"I do wish that we could have put out the fire though," Dawn added softly, frowning slightly. It had seemed as though it would be so simple at first, and she had been amazed at how fast it had gotten out of control. Perhaps it had been because of how dry the city was or just the general nature of fires, but one moment there had been a small fire, the next an inferno that threatened to trap them and cook them alive. What a horrible way to die, she thought suddenly.

Back to top Go down
Stormkatz
Stormkatz

Things that I am :
  • ME Meercat
  • DDC Dingo
  • "Nice Girl"
  • Troll
  • Medium Poster
  • Chatbox Spammer
  • Really Too Kind
  • Rebel of Rogue

PostSubject: Re: {Spirit} guess this'll be untitled, then... {Katz}   {Spirit} guess this'll be untitled, then... {Katz} - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 14, 2012 9:38 pm

“Shape shifter? That’s interesting. I don’t think I’ve ever seen another shape shifter, actually. But yes, I think Jack would probably freak out a bit if he wasn’t warned beforehand.” Measle smiled. Measle himself was generally very accepting of new species, and got along fine with most people, but Jackdaww could get awfully twitchy around things he didn’t understand.

“And yes, the herbs work wonders. Magic is even better, but there’s a distinct shortage of that around at the moment – apparently dragons aren’t as well-liked as they used to be, and humans are rarely very good at healing.” He added with a smile. He was young, and hadn’t really been around to see the days when dragons had been free to wonder around the island, but Jackdaww had told him about it. For some reason they seemed to have fallen out of favour, and slayers were becoming more numerous by the day…

“I wish I had something interesting to add about Jack now, but what you see really is what you get with him. Most of the time, anyway.” He smiled, shaking his head. Jackdaww was an odd one, that was for sure, but as far as Measle could tell he was just like any human ought to be (albeit much skinnier and lighter).

--

“I’m sure they’ll see sense before long.” Jackdaww said unhelpfully. He didn’t like to think about what would happen if he didn’t have Measle – he’d already given up on one way of life on account of him, so he wasn’t about to give up being a dragon rider (well ‘rider’ may have been too strong a word: keeper may have been better). He didn’t really know much about the current situation with dragons either, so he decided not to get too involved.

The memory of the fire tugged at Jackdaww. He had wanted to put it out too, but there had been no way. Maybe if he’d seen it sooner though…. No! He couldn’t have done anything, he told himself, so there was no point in worrying. “Yes, I agree it would have been better to have put it out, but we did what we could. We certainly gave the residents time to flee the city before it spread at least.” He said aloud, not wishing to think about those who had been left behind. He could think of worse ways to die, but personally he’d rather have his life taken in battle than by some freak occurrence like that fire. Maybe that was just the knights’ training thinking for him, but he could see no honour dying in any other way…

“Well, the town we’re headed towards is generally quite rainy, so we shouldn’t need to worry about it happening again at least.” He said, trying to be comforting, but probably not succeeding.

Back to top Go down
Spiritdragon
Spiritdragon

Things that I am :
  • ME Meercat
  • DDC Dingo
  • Dragon Hoarder
  • Gold Hoarder
  • Medium Poster
  • Chatbox Spammer
  • Really Too Kind

PostSubject: Re: {Spirit} guess this'll be untitled, then... {Katz}   {Spirit} guess this'll be untitled, then... {Katz} - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 24, 2012 9:32 pm

Taya chuckled slightly, imagining the reaction her rider would get. "I will have to warn her," she replied. "Though I do not think it will be too big of a deal since she does not use her power all that often." It was mostly useless unless she needed to get through a very small space. Otherwise Dawn preferred to try to fight with her own hands or whatever she could grab that was nearby. It tended to not work very well, hence why Taya tried to stay as close to her as possible.

"Yes, no offense to humans but they can mess things up royally sometimes," the Antler agreed, thinking that it was more like most of the time, but she was not going to say that. There were many good ones out there, like Dawn and Jackdaww, but there were many more who would prefer to see her species dead than live alongside them, not to mention be a rider; she really could not understand why. Granted some of their species was trying to kill the humans, but that would probably not be happening if they tried to get along with the dragons.

"Well you know, that is a good thing in a way," Taya replied, considering it. "Some people try to hide who they really are and put up a front, so you never know what you are getting with them, or if you can even trust them. Especially once you find out that they are not what you thought they were."

~~

Dawn nodded slightly, certainly hopeful that people would, but not entirely sure that would really happen. "I have no idea what we are supposed to do otherwise," she replied softly. Dragons and riders would be forced to flee the country or fight for their lives, neither of which Dawn wanted to do. Taya would fight for her, the woman knew that, but she did not want that to happen.

"I am not entirely sure we could have put it out," Dawn mused softly. "After all it got quite out of hand very quickly. Even with Taya and Measle helping us it still spread..." And considering Taya had been using one of the water troughs, it seemed as though the city had been meant to burn down or something. As horrible of a thought as that was. "That is true, they did get out in time." They might not have anywhere to go, or anything left, but at least they were alive. That was the most important. Possessions could be replaced, but lives could not. No matter how hard you tried. And they could not be forgotten either. That loss was always there.

"I would certainly hope we would not have to," Dawn finished with a slight laugh, amused by his comment for whatever reason.

Back to top Go down
Stormkatz
Stormkatz

Things that I am :
  • ME Meercat
  • DDC Dingo
  • "Nice Girl"
  • Troll
  • Medium Poster
  • Chatbox Spammer
  • Really Too Kind
  • Rebel of Rogue

PostSubject: Re: {Spirit} guess this'll be untitled, then... {Katz}   {Spirit} guess this'll be untitled, then... {Katz} - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 06, 2012 6:20 pm

“They certainly can. Luckily our two mean well.” Measle grinned, wishing he could say the same for the rest of the two-legged races of the cove. He nodded through Taya’s comments, before speaking again.

“Yes, I suppose it is better to actually know who a person (or dragon) is. Jackdaww doesn’t hide much, so I suppose I can be thankful for that.” He smiled, remembering the occasions when Jackdaww used to come running to Measle whenever anything went wrong. When he was younger Jackdaw used to report /everything/ back through Measle – it was cute. Also annoying at times, but cute.

“It’s funny – I always seem to treat Jackdaww like a hatchling, but if anything it should be the other way around. I’ll never understand how /that/ works.” Measle added absently, only half-aware he was speaking aloud. Maybe Jackdaww deserved a little more respect than Measle granted him – he could probably handle responsibility better than Measle gave him credit for.

--

“Sometimes it’s best not to imagine ‘otherwise’.” Jackdaww replied, ina n equally softened voice. He wouldn’t have any great problem with the fighting, but he knew that all the skill in the world wouldn’t let him and Measle beat every dragon they came across. It was a scary image, and he didn’t want to dwell on it.

Jackdaww nodded, trying to force himself to accept the fact that there wasn’t anything they could have done. “Fires happen – whether we had been there or not, that city would still have burnt to the ground by now. It’s grim, but true.” He trailed off a little there, uncomfortable with the thought, but finding it easier to believe than whatever other explanations he could have thought of.

“Well, you never know.” He laughed, shaking off his grim mood in favour of a more light-hearted one. “Expect the unexpected and all the rest?” he added with a wink.
Back to top Go down
Spiritdragon
Spiritdragon

Things that I am :
  • ME Meercat
  • DDC Dingo
  • Dragon Hoarder
  • Gold Hoarder
  • Medium Poster
  • Chatbox Spammer
  • Really Too Kind

PostSubject: Re: {Spirit} guess this'll be untitled, then... {Katz}   {Spirit} guess this'll be untitled, then... {Katz} - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 11, 2012 12:49 am

Taya chuckled and nodded, knowing how much Dawn did for other people whenever she could. If there was a way to help someone, unless they were just a terrible person, Dawn would find out what it was and try to do it.

"That is a good thing," the Antler agreed with a slight nod, glancing at the pair to make sure Dawn was still doing alright. She would never admit that she needed a break until she actually fell over, so Taya had been forced to learn the signs of fatigue in her rider and how to recognize them before that point. "I would say you have an excellent rider, especially since I feel as though I can trust him with Dawn. Most of the time I am not comfortable letting her be off on her own with people," Taya admitted, knowing it was more of a personal problem than anything to do with Dawn herself. Though the woman did seem to get into trouble easily.

For a moment all Taya could do was chuckle at Measle's last comment. "Oh goodness, humans really do act like hatchlings," the Antler said once she had calmed down. "Dawn is so frail most of the time, like a dragon just out of its shell." And she has all the social skills of one as well, Taya added mentally, though that she did not share. "But they do learn quickly," she said instead, wanting to say something positive about the little humans they shared their lives with. "And many are very kind and thoughtful."

~x~

"Most of the time it is better not to," Dawn agreed. Especially when one has no way to defend oneself and requires one's dragon partner to get around safely, she thought, feeling a little guilty for being such a burden upon the Antler. Of course, they had talked about it many times, and she had been assured just as many times that she was not a burden. Still she felt as though she was, a feeling that Dawn could not get away from.

"It is very true," Dawn agreed, focusing upon the present and their current conversation again. "And at least we did some good in the meantime." Things could have gone a lot worse for the little city, all things considered, though of course they could be far better. She was just glad they had all gotten out in time, and in one piece despite the burns she and Jackdaww were sporting. Those would go away within a few weeks at most, and hopefully would not scar. Still, a little scarring was certainly preferable to losing a limb or death. Especially death.

"Oh yes, I hear that is the best thing to do," Dawn agreed, nodding shortly. "Though I believe there are far too many possibilities to ever consider them all. I mean, a star could fall out of the sky and land in front of us or a unicorn could run by." Most would think the latter would be nigh on impossible, but Dawn had heard that perhaps there were some in the Cove somewhere. She and Taya had wanted to see one ever since they had heard that, but had not found any success in that endeavor. Still, they kept hoping.

Back to top Go down
Stormkatz
Stormkatz

Things that I am :
  • ME Meercat
  • DDC Dingo
  • "Nice Girl"
  • Troll
  • Medium Poster
  • Chatbox Spammer
  • Really Too Kind
  • Rebel of Rogue

PostSubject: Re: {Spirit} guess this'll be untitled, then... {Katz}   {Spirit} guess this'll be untitled, then... {Katz} - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 18, 2012 6:00 pm

The conversation settled into a nice rhythm for the rest of the journey. It was delightfully mundane – soothing Measle’s somewhat frazzled nerves after the fire. He hadn’t been worried at the time, but now that they were well away, he’d noticed an intermittent shaking in one paw. He hadn’t been quite as at home with it all as he had thought, apparently.

When the sun started to go down, they settled in to make camp, choosing a patch of thinning trees to accommodate all four. “This place looks nice.” He remarked, surprised that Jackdaww had managed to find them somewhere to stay that wasn’t obviously some sort of trap first-time round. He settled down in a gap between two trees, leaning against one of them to rest his legs after the adventures of the day. He’d leave arranging the camp to Jackdaww – he knew Jackdaww liked things to be perfect, and had no desire to interfere.

--

“Well, this looks like an ideal place to stop.” Jackdaww announced suddenly. His conversation had lapsed over the last couple of hours, and they had been walking in near-silence, but setting up for the night always brought out his more cheerful (and talkative) side. “OK with you?” he asked, turning to face Dawn, but aiming the question at everyone. He got a nod from Measle straight off, and Jackdaww almost laughed as the little dragon plonked himself down in a cosy spot between two trees. That had to be a good sign. He sat himself down on a fallen tree, shuffling his sword belt around so it was more comfortable, and leaned back, taking the weight off his feet. He was more than used to travelling, but it was still good to loo after your feet – they tended to be more helpful when they /weren’t/ swollen.

Back to top Go down
Spiritdragon
Spiritdragon

Things that I am :
  • ME Meercat
  • DDC Dingo
  • Dragon Hoarder
  • Gold Hoarder
  • Medium Poster
  • Chatbox Spammer
  • Really Too Kind

PostSubject: Re: {Spirit} guess this'll be untitled, then... {Katz}   {Spirit} guess this'll be untitled, then... {Katz} - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 25, 2012 11:47 pm

Taya enjoyed the scenery of the forest as they traveled, though naturally it was not all that different from all the other ones she had seen. Still, it was nice and peaceful, which was what the Antler really wanted. No doubt it was what Dawn wanted as well, she thought, glancing at her rider who seemed quite content to walk in silence. It was preferable to her trying to fill the gaps in the conversation, for her rider tended to ramble when her speech was forced and/or nervous. Yes, better Dawn enjoy the quiet for now.

When they reached the camp site Taya had to agree that it was quite nice, as camp sites in the forest went. Choosing a spot not too far from the edge of the forest, but certainly out of the way, Taya lay down, curling her tail around her paws, watching as Jackdaww and Measle settled themselves and Dawn stood in the center of the clearing, looking a little lost. It took the woman a moment to gather herself enough to nod and smile in response to Jackdaww's question, and then make her way over to Taya and remove her saddlebags. Thank goodness I always put them on her, Dawn thought, setting the bags down on the ground and rummaging around in them, pulling out a box with flint and a rock in it.

Setting her find down beside her bag Dawn began to circle the clearing, gathering up a small pile of twigs and dry leaves, settling herself comfortably in the middle of the open space, making a careful stack of what she had gathered, striking the rock carefully against the flint, causing a shower of sparks. Dawn was, oddly enough, not that good at starting fires, even with all the practice she had. Though it seemed simple enough, and she knew how to do it in theory, applying that knowledge was harder than it probably should have been. Sighing in frustration and exhaustion Dawn continued to try, not really having anything better to do at the moment. At least I am keeping Taya occupied, she thought, hearing her dragon chuckle softly in the background.

Back to top Go down
Stormkatz
Stormkatz

Things that I am :
  • ME Meercat
  • DDC Dingo
  • "Nice Girl"
  • Troll
  • Medium Poster
  • Chatbox Spammer
  • Really Too Kind
  • Rebel of Rogue

PostSubject: Re: {Spirit} guess this'll be untitled, then... {Katz}   {Spirit} guess this'll be untitled, then... {Katz} - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed May 02, 2012 9:09 pm

Jackdaww saw Dawn struggling with the fire, and made his way over carefully, squatting beside her calmly. “Here, let me show you something.” He said, reaching over the slightly smouldering kindling to grab some larger sticks. Using quick fingers to avoid the sparks already settling into the dry material, he made a small tent of heavy-burning wood to surround the kindling, with one open side to light it from. “That should light better now – it keeps the wind out, and it’ll burn for longer.” He would usually spend hours constructing a perfect tepee for the flames to burn, but he was too tired to fuss about it that night. As long as it was warm, and could light their camp, that was all the fire needed to do that night. It wasn’t like he was trying to make a stew or anything – those were damned hard to do without a good fire.

Measle watched wordlessly for a while, just enjoying the calm of the woods, before rolling onto his side to look up as Taya. “it looks like it’ll be a nice night at least – the stars will start to come out in about an hour.” Measle commented, shifting his weight so he rolled more onto his back, looking up at the sky. He only knew enough about stars to tell which way they were heading, and hadn’t ever had the time or security to develop a real interest in them, or the stories attached, but he did find them fascinating.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: {Spirit} guess this'll be untitled, then... {Katz}   {Spirit} guess this'll be untitled, then... {Katz} - Page 3 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

{Spirit} guess this'll be untitled, then... {Katz}
Page 3 of 6Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next