Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

{Liz & Kat} Non-muddy forest explorations! {Hydra & Measle}

Go down 
2 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 9 ... 15, 16, 17  Next
AuthorMessage
Eliza
Eliza

Things that I am :
  • Gold Hoarder
  • Medium Poster
  • Really Too Kind
  • Thrall of Zay
  • Rebel of Rogue

Female Loveliness : 8

{Liz & Kat} Non-muddy forest explorations! {Hydra & Measle} - Page 16 Empty
PostSubject: Re: {Liz & Kat} Non-muddy forest explorations! {Hydra & Measle}   {Liz & Kat} Non-muddy forest explorations! {Hydra & Measle} - Page 16 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 29, 2012 12:38 am

Hydra just about dive-bombed out of the sky and fell through the vines in the trees with shouts and squeaks and curses following every hit. "Blast these trees!" she snarled as she hung from a handful looking like a ticked off dragon pinata. With a rather lot of exertion she finally broke free and fell to the ground with a thud. "No more forest walks for me!" she declared. Upon righting herself she shook off the debris from her fall and looked around. "Where you lightning bug?" she called a bit nervously.

"It's not that the thing itself is cold, it's that it's sucking the heat out of my body. It's also got that scary glow to it." It seemed that Jack didn't understand why she was getting so cold. "I use fire magic, not a lot don't ask me how since I don't really know myself, and that stone just drained the warmth straight out of my side. Please get rid of the thing!" she asked shivering and rubbing her hands together to keep them from getting too cold. "Gah it's getting colder and colder, this is awful."
Back to top Go down
Stormkatz
Stormkatz

Things that I am :
  • ME Meercat
  • DDC Dingo
  • "Nice Girl"
  • Troll
  • Medium Poster
  • Chatbox Spammer
  • Really Too Kind
  • Rebel of Rogue

Female Loveliness : 16

PostSubject: Re: {Liz & Kat} Non-muddy forest explorations! {Hydra & Measle}   {Liz & Kat} Non-muddy forest explorations! {Hydra & Measle} - Page 16 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 10, 2012 10:27 pm

“I’m here, little snowflake.” Measle called from a little way away, where he had landed with a little more grace than hydra, but still in a cloud of dust and leaves. “Now, where are the humans? They have to be somewhere – hopefully without too much magic involved, because it’s too late in the day to deal with shifting paths.” He grumbled, shaking some dust off his scales. Everything had been weird lately, and he was /so tired/.

“Maybe we should just follow that path? It seems to be the one we were flying over anyway…” he suggested, pointing with his nose. The greenery in the distance seemed to be shifting ever so slightly, but other than that it seemed fairly safe. Well, maybe they needed to charge headlong into something – just to keep them on their toes.

Measle went to Hydra’s side and nudged her gently, checking she was alright after her … landing, and tried to figure out what the best long term plan was. He couldn’t think. He needed to find Jackdaw really, because although he wasn’t the brains of the operation, or the brawn, he did have all the plans.

---

“Really? I don’t see anything… are you feeling alright?” Jackdaww asked, looking at the little bit of rock blankly. What scary glow? It was just a bit of black rock, and it didn’t even look like nice shiny fireglass – just a pebble. Maybe Silence had hit her head while they were arguing…

“Wait, slow down, fire magic? The dragons were complaining about this thing too – that might be it…” he trailed off, turning the stone over in his hand slowly, forgetting how much discomfort Silence was in while he thought. He didn’t understand.

As silence got more anxious, he nodded and tucked the stone under his chainmail, hoping that would stop Silence complaining. He still didn’t believe her, but maybe moving the stone would make her stop? “Seriously, what’s the problem with this thing though? This makes no sense – we should get moving again…” he said, confused.
Back to top Go down
Eliza
Eliza

Things that I am :
  • Gold Hoarder
  • Medium Poster
  • Really Too Kind
  • Thrall of Zay
  • Rebel of Rogue

PostSubject: Re: {Liz & Kat} Non-muddy forest explorations! {Hydra & Measle}   {Liz & Kat} Non-muddy forest explorations! {Hydra & Measle} - Page 16 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 12, 2012 3:25 am

"Anti-magic Jackdaww, and since I'm a fire-user it's literally sucking heat from my body. I advise you to get rid of that stone." She looked around for a way out and sighed. "Let's just keep going back to where we were, make sure to walk in a straight line. Heaven forbid we start wandering and get separated." she mumbled. With light getting especially low she glanced around to see how her vision was being affected and pulled out a match. "On second thought. . .Maybe we should stay right here, with the light failing this quickly we should make a fire. But that's up to you since you know where you're going, right?"

After seeing that the trees were moving, Hydra shook herself and glanced at Measle. "Jack's scent is unforgettable, perhaps we can sniff him out here on the forest floor?" She licked his cheek reassuringly and gave a half smile before inhaling. "Come on, I think they're this way, that human of yours had better be in one piece or things won't be pretty!" She wasn't risking flying in this crazy forest.
Back to top Go down
Stormkatz
Stormkatz

Things that I am :
  • ME Meercat
  • DDC Dingo
  • "Nice Girl"
  • Troll
  • Medium Poster
  • Chatbox Spammer
  • Really Too Kind
  • Rebel of Rogue

PostSubject: Re: {Liz & Kat} Non-muddy forest explorations! {Hydra & Measle}   {Liz & Kat} Non-muddy forest explorations! {Hydra & Measle} - Page 16 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 24, 2012 10:38 pm

Jackdaww nodded and replaced the stone under the thickest patch of his mail shirt, before looking to the sky. “It is getting dark – too fast if you ask me. The woods in the dark are strange, and I wouldn’t trust anything in the dark around here. Fire it is.” he announced decisively. He thought he knew the way through the woods, but the paths changed slowly with time, and he hadn’t been this way for years. The route he knew had probably grown over, so he would have to follow one of the newly trodden paths instead. There were also a few myths about these parts, but Jackdaww’s opinion was that these stories were naught but horseshit.

Jackdaww gathered a few dry leaves to try to kindle the sparks quickly, and set to work with the set of flints in his pack. He would usually set up a proper fire to burn, but a strange sense of panic had gripped him, telling his that there was no time. He was being irrational, but there was no harm in allowing the sparks to catch before looking for larger wood to burn.

Measle nodded, and followed Hydra’s lead. “Yes, he had better be in one piece.” he echoed, shaking his head. He wouldn’t be surprised if something had happened in the couple of hours they had been gone, but he wasn’t in the mood for babying his human. Nor was he in the mood for moving trees, but that seemed to be a trick of the mind that he couldn’t escape just yet.
Back to top Go down
Eliza
Eliza

Things that I am :
  • Gold Hoarder
  • Medium Poster
  • Really Too Kind
  • Thrall of Zay
  • Rebel of Rogue

PostSubject: Re: {Liz & Kat} Non-muddy forest explorations! {Hydra & Measle}   {Liz & Kat} Non-muddy forest explorations! {Hydra & Measle} - Page 16 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 19, 2012 8:28 pm

"You get right skittish in the dark don't you?" she remarked as she brought out her matchbook. "Honestly." she joked as the light continued to fade. She struck it on a nearby tree and dropped it into the kindling Jack had piled together. "You forgot you had a fire-breather tagging along, didn't you?" Granted most who didn't know her automatically called her a street walker no matter what she was wearing or what she was doing. Her only concern was the dragons and what could be going on with them. She looked about with what little light there was to see by and grabbed a few broken branches before setting them by her friend. "More fire fodder." With that she sat down across the small ember from him and brought her knees to her chest.

Hydra had gotten herself tangled more than a few times along the way to sniffing out the two humans, and it was starting to take its toll. "Blizzard rats!" she snarled as she tumbled out of a net of vines. "I'll freeze this whole bloody forest if I have to!" Now she was plain cranky. Her leg was screaming in pain, it was all but too dark to see, and if she didn't see those humans soon she'd freeze the forest. Thank whatever gods existed that she caught wind of the scent of burning wood. "This way!" she said hurrying off in the direction of the light.
Back to top Go down
Stormkatz
Stormkatz

Things that I am :
  • ME Meercat
  • DDC Dingo
  • "Nice Girl"
  • Troll
  • Medium Poster
  • Chatbox Spammer
  • Really Too Kind
  • Rebel of Rogue

PostSubject: Re: {Liz & Kat} Non-muddy forest explorations! {Hydra & Measle}   {Liz & Kat} Non-muddy forest explorations! {Hydra & Measle} - Page 16 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 24, 2012 10:46 pm

Jackdaww sat back on his heels, a little put out when Silence just lit the fire like that. “Yes, I had forgotten…” he said, watching the kindling start to burn. “That was quick.” He wasn’t used to fires just starting like that – they usually took blooming ages, and he always ended up with sore fingertips.

Once the fire was piled high and burning happily, Jackdaww set about making himself a little more comfortable. He kicked off his damp boots and set them to dry by the fire and leant back. “Well, at least it’s a clear evening – you can see the first few starts already.” he commented to Silence, pointing at the thin section of sky they could see through the thick trees.

Measle hurried along after Hydra for a way, trusting her nose, until she got caught in the vines again and seemed to get even more wound up. “Why don’t you let me deal with the vines? My claws are a little bigger, and you must be getting tired snowflake.” he suggested, pawing away one of the plants. Through the trees, a long way off but in a reasonably straight line, he could see the twinkling of a small fire, so he assumed it must be the humans. A good thing too – the foliage seemed to be getting thicker by the second, and he was worried about what might happen if they weren’t on a proper path by the time complete darkness fell. He was, in truth, just a little afraid of the dark, especially this deep in the woods.
Back to top Go down
Eliza
Eliza

Things that I am :
  • Gold Hoarder
  • Medium Poster
  • Really Too Kind
  • Thrall of Zay
  • Rebel of Rogue

PostSubject: Re: {Liz & Kat} Non-muddy forest explorations! {Hydra & Measle}   {Liz & Kat} Non-muddy forest explorations! {Hydra & Measle} - Page 16 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 27, 2012 6:47 pm

"I'd rather just freeze the bloody plants." she replied stomping forward toward the fire. It wasn't till she could see Silence's outline by the fire that she smelled something very peculiar. "Measle stand still for a moment. You smell that?" It was unlike anything she'd ever caught wind of, and the only way to describe it was deadly. "It's nowhere near human, it's not quite dragon, and yet. . ." Her musings were then interrupted by a low hissing sound, and she noticed something move across the small clearing. It moved like a lizard, but it was far bigger than any lizard you'd find in your garden. "Something's stalking them. We need to be careful."

Meanwhile Silence had settled in next to Jack and tried to figure out which stars were which. "I never got the chance to stargaze as a child. Father always said stargazers were useless people not worth the time to spit at. I could never bring myself to agree with him on anything." In a moment of tiredness, she rested her head on his shoulder and stifled a yawn. "They are rather lovely, though. Perhaps I'll stargaze more often now." It was then that she noticed the hissing and properly sat up. "You hear that, Jack?"
Back to top Go down
Stormkatz
Stormkatz

Things that I am :
  • ME Meercat
  • DDC Dingo
  • "Nice Girl"
  • Troll
  • Medium Poster
  • Chatbox Spammer
  • Really Too Kind
  • Rebel of Rogue

PostSubject: Re: {Liz & Kat} Non-muddy forest explorations! {Hydra & Measle}   {Liz & Kat} Non-muddy forest explorations! {Hydra & Measle} - Page 16 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 31, 2012 4:50 pm

Measle smiled at Hydra’s stubbornness and followed in her wake, kicking away a few frozen shreds of greenery. The ice on them was unnaturally cold, and sent little shiver up his spine every time he touched it. The hiss did catch his attention, however, and he flinched. “What in the world is that?” he asked redundantly, since neither of them clearly knew. “We’d better hurry – they could be in trouble.” He said, before crouching down close to the ground and making his way into the cover of the undergrowth, moving fairly quickly, but not so quickly as to alarm the lizard things. He didn’t want to trigger an attack.

“Really? My father used to spend half his life looking up at the stars – he used to say that was where the Gods stood, and used to try to spot them in their mighty seats. He never found any.” Jackdaww smiled, remembering. His father had only turned religious on him in the last few months before he disappeared, and Jackdaww had never understood it. Silence’s startled voice drew him out of his memories sharply, leaving him listening to the nightlife.

“Hear wha-?” a gentle hiss cut him off, “Oh, that. Yes, I hear it.” His voice dropped to a lower tone, and his hand fell to his sword instinctively, as it always did when there was a suspicious noise. “Can you see anything?” he asked, shifting into a position that he could easily get to his feet from to look around.

Back to top Go down
Eliza
Eliza

Things that I am :
  • Gold Hoarder
  • Medium Poster
  • Really Too Kind
  • Thrall of Zay
  • Rebel of Rogue

PostSubject: Re: {Liz & Kat} Non-muddy forest explorations! {Hydra & Measle}   {Liz & Kat} Non-muddy forest explorations! {Hydra & Measle} - Page 16 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 02, 2013 11:23 pm

The lizards hadn't just been stalking the humans, they'd been watching the dragons too but keeping at a further distance. A dragon that could sneeze and freeze the blood in a creature's veins was a dangerous thing. There was a sudden scream and the fire roared to life of its own accord. The next moment Silence could barely be seen at the edge of their camp trying to torch the lizard that'd dragged her so far from Jack. She was clawed and scratched quite a bit in that short time and was well on her way to dying if she didn't kill this thing. "JACK! Help!" She couldn't really bear to say anything else due to lack of time to do so. It wasn't until something knocked the weight off her body that she scrambled back to the fire, just about running INTO it in the process.

Hydra had been the one to knock the lizard off the girl, and was tearing at it furiously with both sets of claws as well as with her teeth. "There's another one around here somewhere, be careful!" she shouted as she ripped the thing's throat out and gave it a nasty case of "brain freeze", literally. From the fireside, Hydra looked vicious, and likely to go on a rampage after her little episode with the strange lizard. Sure enough the other one was behind Jackdaww, ready to pounce at any given moment. Seeing its partner dead did nothing but make it wary of attacking a group like that alone. The humans alone wouldn't have stood a chance, but two dragons made things all too interesting.
Back to top Go down
Stormkatz
Stormkatz

Things that I am :
  • ME Meercat
  • DDC Dingo
  • "Nice Girl"
  • Troll
  • Medium Poster
  • Chatbox Spammer
  • Really Too Kind
  • Rebel of Rogue

PostSubject: Re: {Liz & Kat} Non-muddy forest explorations! {Hydra & Measle}   {Liz & Kat} Non-muddy forest explorations! {Hydra & Measle} - Page 16 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 03, 2013 12:33 am

Jackdaww had just gotten his sword free of its scabbard when Hydra took the first beast out, looking terrifying in the half-light the fire cast. By then, however, the second one had reared up behind him, and he didn’t have time to check if Silence was alright. His sword darted in a low arc, slashing the creature across its knees, before rising up in an attack at its chin. That didn’t work – the beast was shaking its scaly head on pain, and managed to avoid the attack by fluke. The next strike hit though, opening up the beast’s shoulder. “I’ve got this, don’t worry!” he shouted. He didn’t ‘got this’. The creature wailed, and clamped its powerful jaws around Jackdaww’s forearm and elbow. The creature had the small teeth of a normal lizard, but the power behind its bite was enough to do significant damage. There was a crunch, and Jackdaww didn’t want to imagine what his arm was going to look like when he got it back. Moving the sword to his left hand, he made a slash at the beast’s eye, his arm still trapped in the death-lock of the lizard’s jaws.

Measle barrelled into the camp a little after Hydra – his reflexes a little less keen than hers. He wasn't there in time to stop the second lizard biting Jackdaww, but luckily everyone was still alive, which meant he wasn’t too late yet. He gave a little roar and sent a shock through the air, hitting the lizard’s side cleanly. He didn’t want to use any more lightning than needed, in case he hit Jackdaww. The monstrous lizard didn’t even flinch, the electricity rippling through its scales and flesh evenly without causing any apparent harm. The power had just spread out and gone on its way. Damnation why did that never work? It was going to have to be teeth after all. He bunched up his muscles and launched himself at the creature, using a quick beat of his wings to propel him the last of the way, and tried to puncture its hide with his sharp teeth.

Back to top Go down
Eliza
Eliza

Things that I am :
  • Gold Hoarder
  • Medium Poster
  • Really Too Kind
  • Thrall of Zay
  • Rebel of Rogue

PostSubject: Re: {Liz & Kat} Non-muddy forest explorations! {Hydra & Measle}   {Liz & Kat} Non-muddy forest explorations! {Hydra & Measle} - Page 16 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 06, 2013 8:22 pm

After making sure the first beast was truly dead, Hydra took off after the one holding Jack's arm. 'A sitting target.' she thought. She had to be careful not to do damage to the already unlucky human or to Measle since he was close by. She moved around behind the monster and set to work trying to rip its back open. "Jack I'm going to tear you a new one if this doesn't end well!" she roared. Seeing as he already had a broken arm Hydra was tempted to get Silence to Caspan on her own then come back and rejoin Jack and Measle. Silence meanwhile had gone into a form of shock from both a small amount of lizard toxin, and the overall familiarity of being shredded. She looked alive, but more like a shell of the vibrant gypsy they'd picked up some time ago.

Truly everything happened in a blurry whirlwind after Hydra had saved her life. She was angry, in pain, half numb, worried for the dragons still, and had partially forgotten that she could bloody well roast the dragon if everyone would get away from it. After what seemed to her like an hour she stood up and looked over from the fire. "Just get away from it and I'll handle the rest...!" Her voice was choked and squeaking, and the creature itself didn't look quite like the one the ice dragon had decimated. This one was different somehow. . .The other one, albeit mangled and half frozen, looked more like a lizard than this thing. "Get away from it something's not right here!" she shouted again, this time with more command.
Back to top Go down
Stormkatz
Stormkatz

Things that I am :
  • ME Meercat
  • DDC Dingo
  • "Nice Girl"
  • Troll
  • Medium Poster
  • Chatbox Spammer
  • Really Too Kind
  • Rebel of Rogue

PostSubject: Re: {Liz & Kat} Non-muddy forest explorations! {Hydra & Measle}   {Liz & Kat} Non-muddy forest explorations! {Hydra & Measle} - Page 16 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 06, 2013 9:01 pm

Jackdaww finally succeeded in slashing the creature’s eye, his sword catching the beast just across the bridge of the nose and blinding it on one side. The movement of the swing, however, only wrenched his trapped arm into a more uncomfortable position, the shoulder threatening to pop out of place just to complement the splintered bone between the lizard’s jaws. That was no excuse for giving up though, and with running away out of the question he continued trying to stick the beast with his sword. A few scales fell away from its chest, but its armouring was too thick for Jackdaww’s thin sword to pierce. Whenever the thing sustained a new injury it clawed at him or bit down a little harder, which was seriously uncomfortable for Jackdaww, and he was worried that he might not gain full use of the limb for some time. He turned his head around to smile at Silence, as she still seemed rather shaken, before gritting his teeth at another wave of pain down his arm.

Measle joined Hydra in attacking the thing, trying very hard to ignore the killing look in her eye. It frightened him just a little, and he hadn’t expected to see Hydra act like that at all. Maybe he would ask when the time was a little better. His claws sunk into the beast’s hide and he sank his teeth into the fatty flesh of its back, releasing another feed of lightning through his fangs into the creature’s muscle. There was a slight spasm, but as the top layer of flesh beneath the creature’s skin seemed to be mostly fat, the electric shock didn’t seem to do much good, and he doubted it was worth wasting any more energy trying that approach. Measle was a little more used to fending off enemies than he assumed Hydra was, and let him mind slip into hunting mode. He clung on with his front claws and used his back legs to tear at the lizard-monster’s belly.

Back to top Go down
Eliza
Eliza

Things that I am :
  • Gold Hoarder
  • Medium Poster
  • Really Too Kind
  • Thrall of Zay
  • Rebel of Rogue

PostSubject: Re: {Liz & Kat} Non-muddy forest explorations! {Hydra & Measle}   {Liz & Kat} Non-muddy forest explorations! {Hydra & Measle} - Page 16 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 06, 2013 9:35 pm

Somehow shouting at them wasn't doing any good so, with the fire in front of her, she turned it into an enormous flamethrower and hoped that everyone would get out of the way. "Everyone bloody move unless you want to get torched!" she screamed. Hydra finally stopped trying to claw the beast long enough to swat at Measle. "She's gonna torch it, move as far away as you can! Jack try to get to the side!" Jack was being the biggest idiot of them all, and Hydra could understand Silence's lack of emotional restraint. With all the commotion something else had come to the darkest corner of the site to view the chaos. Purple glowing eyes flicked back and forth between the loud female on one side and the quartet on the other.

Silence meanwhile had blown a few testy columns of fire at the beast and was really hoping that the fire would spook it enough to make it let go. "Jackdaww if you survive this ordeal I'm beating you to a pulp!" His stupidity was only getting him hurt worse. "Stop moving and twitching like a scared rat!" Enough was enough, she moved around the fire, got as close as she dared, and lit the creature up like a new year's bonfire. Seeing it yield results she repeated the action several more times before finally stopping to see if it would let go, if it didn't she'd pry its mouth open.
Back to top Go down
Stormkatz
Stormkatz

Things that I am :
  • ME Meercat
  • DDC Dingo
  • "Nice Girl"
  • Troll
  • Medium Poster
  • Chatbox Spammer
  • Really Too Kind
  • Rebel of Rogue

PostSubject: Re: {Liz & Kat} Non-muddy forest explorations! {Hydra & Measle}   {Liz & Kat} Non-muddy forest explorations! {Hydra & Measle} - Page 16 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 06, 2013 9:55 pm

Measle did as he was told, meekly dropped away from the creature and dashed out of the blast radius, his wings flaring. Silence looked like she meant business, and even trying to claw Jackdaww free didn’t make him feel like getting scorched.

Jackdaww meanwhile hadn’t been listening. It wasn't until he felt warmth on the back of his neck that he moved at all. Moving was difficult, with his arm trapped in the beast’s jaws up to the elbow, but he managed to spin aside as the jet of fire went past, the bone in his forearm sticking out through the skin painfully. The heat finally made the creature let go, allowing Jackdaww to stumble out of the way and into relative safety. He collapsed on the ground once he was at a safe enough distance, the pain in his arm finally getting to him. The bone had properly splintered – it always did when he broke something at any angle but a direct blow. It was a nightmare, but Measle had always managed to talk him through setting all the bits in place and binding it up, which was a help. Must be the damned Avian blood that he’d recently discovered he had.

Measle looked around, checking for further danger without acknowledging Jackdaww. He was more worried about stopping things getting worse than trying to fix up his undoubtedly broken human just yet. That was when he spotted the deep purple eyes. His voice failed him, and all he could do was flail a wing in that direction. Whatever that was, it was a whole lot worse than the lizards.

Back to top Go down
Eliza
Eliza

Things that I am :
  • Gold Hoarder
  • Medium Poster
  • Really Too Kind
  • Thrall of Zay
  • Rebel of Rogue

PostSubject: Re: {Liz & Kat} Non-muddy forest explorations! {Hydra & Measle}   {Liz & Kat} Non-muddy forest explorations! {Hydra & Measle} - Page 16 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 07, 2013 2:02 am

After the beast had vanished into the brush, Silence noticed the eyes and tilted her head. "That certainly wasn't there before." She decided, in her rather lucid state, to waltz on over and sit in front of the bush. Out of it sprang a small black creature that knocked the gypsy into a backward tumble. "Oof!" she coughed as she looked at what decided to latch onto her midsection. It was small and black, and not quite a dragon, but not quite a mammal either. "Gryke! Gryke!" it croaked...er...squeaked? Something between a squeak and a croak, a creak? That's it, it creaked! "J-Jack have you ever seen one of these before...?" she dared to ask.

Hydra was still trying to take in the fact it hadn't bitten Silence yet. Though she decided to move closer, she did so slowly just in case she spooked it into attacking. Once a better viewpoint was found, the firelight made the thing look definitively alien. Long spindly legs, six of them with sharp claws for climbing trees, a purple T-shaped bio-luminescent streak down its back and over its shoulder blades, large sail-like ears and glowing eyes to match the marking on its back. A yawn from the "gryke" brought notice to its mouthful of sharp teeth, but they weren't made for catching large prey, so in one aspect the girl was lucky. This was an adult and it was hardly larger than a typical house cat. Its hide looked similar to leather and somehow its draconic snout didn't look so out of place. "It's not a dragon, and it's not some kind of mammal. Likely just an animal that's not very well known, or known at all considering this place isn't easy to find." The thing didn't seem to be too bothered by the humans or the dragons, but the large lizards that had just attacked kept it hidden. There was something to look into. . .
Back to top Go down
Stormkatz
Stormkatz

Things that I am :
  • ME Meercat
  • DDC Dingo
  • "Nice Girl"
  • Troll
  • Medium Poster
  • Chatbox Spammer
  • Really Too Kind
  • Rebel of Rogue

PostSubject: Re: {Liz & Kat} Non-muddy forest explorations! {Hydra & Measle}   {Liz & Kat} Non-muddy forest explorations! {Hydra & Measle} - Page 16 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 20, 2013 10:01 pm

Jackdaww cursed violently as he stood up again, looking at the odd little thing clinging to Silence. He did a quick evaluation, and decided it was in no way dangerous. He sheathed his sword messily, not practised at sheathing it with his left hand while the blade was mounted at his left hip, and gritted his teeth. “No, I can’t say I have.” He announced, his teeth still clenched as the fragments of bone in his arm shifted. “Are you hurt?” he managed to ask after a moment, aware that he hadn’t had to face the lizard beast as long as Silence had alone. Damn this was the worst broken arm he had ever had. He wanted to shout that he didn’t even slightly care what the thing was if it wasn't killing them, but he didn’t want to risk another fight with Silence.

Mealse studied the little thing more carefully, and stepped closer. It looked like it should be dangerous, but… its eyes were too far to the sides. It couldn’t be a predator, could it? No, surely the creature was harmless. “This little guy is kind of cute.” He said. It was the same colour as a baby Lightning Storm too, and felt kind of familiar in that aspect. “Hydra, what do you thinl?” he asked, turning his head around to face her. Then he remembered the sight of her fighting the lizard, and an odd feeling came over him. In his head, she wasn't a killer, and he wasn't sure what tp make of everything that ad just happened.
Back to top Go down
Eliza
Eliza

Things that I am :
  • Gold Hoarder
  • Medium Poster
  • Really Too Kind
  • Thrall of Zay
  • Rebel of Rogue

PostSubject: Re: {Liz & Kat} Non-muddy forest explorations! {Hydra & Measle}   {Liz & Kat} Non-muddy forest explorations! {Hydra & Measle} - Page 16 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 25, 2013 9:12 pm

"Looks cuddly enough but around here a dandelion could leap out of the ground and bite your nose off for all we know." Still the little thing was amusing, and sweet enough when approached by larger things. "Don't think we should try to keep it, but if it wants to stick around, let it. We don't know what it does when it's cornered." Since cold wasn't something many creatures preferred, it let go of Silence after a time and decided the little jolts of electricity were worth the extra warmth that Measle provided, and thus made a small leap onto his back. Silence meanwhile was practically unable to stand. "Jack, Jack I can't feel my legs." she said a bit frantically. "They should be hurting, I know they should because they're covered in gashes and bites, but I can't hardly stand on them they're like jelly!"

At that point when she tried to stand, she was face down in the dirt in front of the fire and looking like an idiot. "If I see another of those lizards it'll be far too soon!" Essentially crawling, she made her was over to Jackdaww and pulled the scarf from her hair. "Here hold still. If you don't I'll pinch your ear." To children that was one of the most painful things to endure, to someone like Jack, who knew? "You can use this till we can get you properly patched up." She proceeded to make a splint and tie up his arm, almost laughing at the finished product. "Yellow really isn't your color Jackie." she remarked teasingly. "That should hold until we can find someone who does this for a living."
Back to top Go down
Stormkatz
Stormkatz

Things that I am :
  • ME Meercat
  • DDC Dingo
  • "Nice Girl"
  • Troll
  • Medium Poster
  • Chatbox Spammer
  • Really Too Kind
  • Rebel of Rogue

PostSubject: Re: {Liz & Kat} Non-muddy forest explorations! {Hydra & Measle}   {Liz & Kat} Non-muddy forest explorations! {Hydra & Measle} - Page 16 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 25, 2013 9:45 pm

Measle rolled his eyes at the thing that had attached itself to him, happy enough to carry it since it seemed so harmless. He made his way over to Hydra’s side with it still clinging on and sat beside her. “You’re not hurt, are you?” he asked carefully, full of concern. He knew Jackdaww was alright – he was complaining. Hydra however seemed to have gone quite quiet.

Jackdaww however was not being quiet. “No, no, you don’t have to- I can bandage it myself….no wait, please ARGH!” he shouted, gritting his teeth hard as she started messing with his arm. Moving the bits of broken bone seemed to hurt even more when someone else did it. He also didn’t manage to keep still properly. The pain of each fragment of hollow bone being slotted into its place made him twitch, so when Silence had finished, his arm was quite yellow in her scarf, and his ear was a lovely shade of pinky-red.

He was not in the mood for a joke any longer. He glared at Silence, gesturing with his elbow then realising that was a bad idea as pain lanced up his arm. “I could have done that myself…” he grumbled, red in the face. He’d managed not to cry out after silence had started, but that didn’t mean he didn’t hurt. “You need anything doing for your legs, or is it just a sit down and rest matter..?” he asked. He could treat himself fine, but he couldn’t exactly diagnose someone else’s injuries, and wasn't going to try.
Back to top Go down
Eliza
Eliza

Things that I am :
  • Gold Hoarder
  • Medium Poster
  • Really Too Kind
  • Thrall of Zay
  • Rebel of Rogue

PostSubject: Re: {Liz & Kat} Non-muddy forest explorations! {Hydra & Measle}   {Liz & Kat} Non-muddy forest explorations! {Hydra & Measle} - Page 16 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 26, 2013 3:24 am

The way he reacted to her helping only hurt her feelings. "After the look you just gave me I'd be sorely pressed to let you do anything to help. I'll figure something out on my own." With that she grabbed the nearest tree branch and pulled herself to her feet, only to fall back onto her rear when her legs wouldn't support her weight. "Damnation!" she growled. Two more times she tried as the third time her legs burned with pain and she fell again. "Damnation..." she repeated, this time pain apparent in her voice from both tone and level. She'd gone from shouting to barely being heard, her voice raspy. Hydra meanwhile nodded and licked his cheek.

"I'm alright. Just not used to actual fighting, but I'm alright, really." The little creature, being fickle and rather curious, decided to investigate Hydra for a moment before deciding that being warm was better than being cold. "It's nice to know you care though, so no matter how often you ask I'll never get angry. Or almost never, circumstances pending." She snuggled up under his wing and rested against his shoulder tiredly. "Let's hope those two don't have another spat before we get to the next city. It's annoying as hades."
Back to top Go down
Stormkatz
Stormkatz

Things that I am :
  • ME Meercat
  • DDC Dingo
  • "Nice Girl"
  • Troll
  • Medium Poster
  • Chatbox Spammer
  • Really Too Kind
  • Rebel of Rogue

PostSubject: Re: {Liz & Kat} Non-muddy forest explorations! {Hydra & Measle}   {Liz & Kat} Non-muddy forest explorations! {Hydra & Measle} - Page 16 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 27, 2013 12:32 pm

“Oh come on, don’t be like that. You’d be grouchy too if your arm was in, oh I don’t know, around fifty pieces. Seriously, try breaking a hollow limb and keeping up a straight face at the same time. It’s bloody difficult.” Jackdaww groaned, before softening a bit. “Here, I’m sorry,” he apologised, offering his good arm to help her up. She did actually look hurt, and it would have been childish to brood over his own injuries instead of helping.

“I think I have a roll of bandages in my pack somewhere…” he continued, shuffling his feet. His courtesy reflex tended to kick in whenever he was hurt, so he would probably be like an angel for the next few days. Providing Silence’s fiery temper didn’t catch him off guard again.

Measle smiled, nudging Hydra’s cold side with his nose. “Of course I care. I’m glad you’re alright.” He grinned at her comment about the humans, nodding in agreement. “Yes, they do rather seem to rub each other up the wrong way. I think they’re both too stubborn to lose an argument with each other.” He knew that was true of Jackdaww at least. It was also funny how the tried to make up again afterwards – Measle knew for a fact that Jackdaww had been taught to show women the utmost respect, which was why Jackdaww went to such trouble to fix things once he was done being grumpy. It was sweet.
Back to top Go down
Eliza
Eliza

Things that I am :
  • Gold Hoarder
  • Medium Poster
  • Really Too Kind
  • Thrall of Zay
  • Rebel of Rogue

PostSubject: Re: {Liz & Kat} Non-muddy forest explorations! {Hydra & Measle}   {Liz & Kat} Non-muddy forest explorations! {Hydra & Measle} - Page 16 Icon_minitimeSun Feb 03, 2013 9:38 pm

After some of the pain subsided and she realized that he was apologizing, she did her best to stand with his assistance, but found her legs still wouldn't hold her up properly. "I'm sorry Jack, I don't think I'll be walking around tonight." she replied as she sat down where she was. "I'll worry over my legs tomorrow when we have proper light to see by, and less chance of getting attacked. "Think we should sleep in a tree so those lizard things don't come back again once the fire's out?" In a final attempt to stand, she nearly fell face first into the fire. "Okay, I'm done trying to stand tonight..." she muttered.

"Well for now at least I think they're done arguing, but perhaps we should keep watch tonight. It's safer for them in the trees but with his broken arm and her numb legs I doubt that'll get anywhere." The adrenaline from her earlier kill was more than enough to keep her awake, and after the damage she did she'd likely go munch on it as a midnight snack if nothing went amiss. "We've also got something to nibble on while the humans are sleeping." she remarked gesturing to the dead lizard. "I think you'll find that raw meat tastes just as good as cooked." The little glowing creature obviously preferred Measle, and that was fine, so long as it didn't have jealousy issues.
Back to top Go down
Stormkatz
Stormkatz

Things that I am :
  • ME Meercat
  • DDC Dingo
  • "Nice Girl"
  • Troll
  • Medium Poster
  • Chatbox Spammer
  • Really Too Kind
  • Rebel of Rogue

PostSubject: Re: {Liz & Kat} Non-muddy forest explorations! {Hydra & Measle}   {Liz & Kat} Non-muddy forest explorations! {Hydra & Measle} - Page 16 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 11, 2013 5:11 pm

“In a tree?” Jackdaww almost laughed, “I doubt either of us could climb one tonight. I’ll see if I can put together a shelter – nothing’s ever broken one of mine before.” How that would work with one arm he wasn't sure, but Jackdaww was a fairly strong man (albeit light), and he felt he owed it to Silence after everything. “Just, erm, take it easy for now, I guess? Sorry, that really is the best suggestion I have.” He added glumly, before hauling himself upright, wincing. In the morning he’d have to tighten the bandages up again, and just thinking about it made him hurt. “Luckily those things did a fair bit of damage to the woods as well as us – there are plenty of branches within a few feet.” He commented – more to himself than anything, as he set off to collect strong looking bits of branch.

“Yes, I wouldn’t want another one of those things to catch us all by surprise.” Measle agreed. He usually kept one eye out anyway, at least until after the others were asleep, so he didn’t think that staying up overnight would do much harm. He wasn't overly keen on the idea of a ‘midnight snack’ however. “I’ve eaten raw meat plenty, but lizard? I’m not sure how nice they’ll be…” he stopped there. What was he talking about? Were they really so well off that they could give up a free meal? Ten years ago a kill was like a blessing from the heavens, even if it was just a rat or a sparrow. Between the four of them, the lizard meat would surely get eaten now. “On second thoughts, why not – I’m starting to get used to trying new things.” He smiled, looking at Hydra. “You’ve showed me a lot, you know. Least of all what the heck a rabbit is, and how to catch them.” Despite everything, the last few weeks had been perfect – absolutely perfect.

Back to top Go down
Eliza
Eliza

Things that I am :
  • Gold Hoarder
  • Medium Poster
  • Really Too Kind
  • Thrall of Zay
  • Rebel of Rogue

PostSubject: Re: {Liz & Kat} Non-muddy forest explorations! {Hydra & Measle}   {Liz & Kat} Non-muddy forest explorations! {Hydra & Measle} - Page 16 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 18, 2013 10:22 pm

Silence meanwhile felt rather useless and kept trying to stand, a stubborn sort of glare leveled at the ground. Likely for being so rough on her when she kept falling, but that was debatable. "Work with me here." she grumbled as she finally got her legs to move properly, the only trouble was the searing pain that followed, and the breaking of newly healed gashes. "HADES!" she shrieked as she tried to stay standing, and ultimately fall back onto her rear. The little creature that'd taken up with Measle jumped a good foot in the air, then out of curiosity went over to investigate the strange screech the girl had just made. "Sorry, pain and all that." Hydra looked over at the sound and visibly cringed.

"Looks like she'll be out of commission for the time being, else those cuts will come open every time she stands." she remarked looking at her companion. "Think we'll be here a day or two, or she'll just get up tomorrow morning and storm along by Jackie and deal with it?" It would be the latter, against all prior thoughts and expectations, Silence would be getting up in the morning, swearing like a drunken sailor, and walking nonetheless. Aforementioned girl looked around for a tree with low branches and limped over to it gingerly before doing her best to climb up. "Welp, I found my bed!" she called. "I don't do well on the ground where I can expect a snake to be curled up beside me when I wake up. Goodnight you guys." Those were her last words for the night.
Back to top Go down
Stormkatz
Stormkatz

Things that I am :
  • ME Meercat
  • DDC Dingo
  • "Nice Girl"
  • Troll
  • Medium Poster
  • Chatbox Spammer
  • Really Too Kind
  • Rebel of Rogue

PostSubject: Re: {Liz & Kat} Non-muddy forest explorations! {Hydra & Measle}   {Liz & Kat} Non-muddy forest explorations! {Hydra & Measle} - Page 16 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 18, 2013 11:50 pm

Jackdaww wasn't keen about the tree idea – his balance was unpredictable on level ground, so he didn’t think he should be up a height under any circumstances. He did, however, make a holey but comfortable shelter out of three big branches to crawl inside. His arm hurt more than he wanted to admit, and he knew that he needed to set it properly. Silence had done an excellent job, and if it had been a simple break it would be perfect, but he knew that there would be a bit out of place somewhere, and he was a little more practised at piecing together hollow bone fragments.

Measle smiled as the little creature (which he was now thinking of as a Gryke, because of the odd sound it made) jumped, and settled next to Hydra. “Looks like it might be a long night.” he said softly, resting his head on her on her shoulder.

--

The morning came relatively quickly, and Jackdaww rose at the very crack of dawn, as usual, to slide off and practice. Nothing got in the way of his pointless training exercises, even if his arm was broken. Measle jolted away shortly after, realising that he must have drifted off last night some time. The morning was pale and cool, but after all the stress of the night before that was quite a blessing in itself.

Back to top Go down
Eliza
Eliza

Things that I am :
  • Gold Hoarder
  • Medium Poster
  • Really Too Kind
  • Thrall of Zay
  • Rebel of Rogue

PostSubject: Re: {Liz & Kat} Non-muddy forest explorations! {Hydra & Measle}   {Liz & Kat} Non-muddy forest explorations! {Hydra & Measle} - Page 16 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 19, 2013 12:12 am

As is if it were the only way to get out of a tree, Silence came tumbling down with a start and immediately got to her feet despite the jolts of pain shooting up her legs from her ankles to her hips. "The sooner we're out of this forest the better, no more lizards the size of small horses and moving trees!" If any portion of her legs could be seen they'd be covered in red, almost like painted-on leggings. Hydra, in the early morning, knew blood when she smelled it, and the poor girl's legs were covered in it. The pain was surely enough to send anyone into shock, but she was up and moving like they were paper cuts rather than large claw marks. "How you're up and walking I don't know, your legs must be hurting an awful lot."

Silence paid Hydra little in the way of explanation, but she smiled as best she could and at least gave her a vague answer. "I have suffered far worse than this. What happened yesterday is as a knife wound that's been dowsed in boiling water. There are far more painful things to experience, take my word for it." Well, it didn't really answer her question, but she didn't have time to ask further, as the girl limped off in search of Jackdaww as sunlight filtered through the canopy overhead. "Hey Jack, what're you doing?" she called as she heard something rustle nearby.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: {Liz & Kat} Non-muddy forest explorations! {Hydra & Measle}   {Liz & Kat} Non-muddy forest explorations! {Hydra & Measle} - Page 16 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

{Liz & Kat} Non-muddy forest explorations! {Hydra & Measle}
Page 16 of 17Go to page : Previous  1 ... 9 ... 15, 16, 17  Next