Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Fraidy Cat and Scaredy Dragon [Art & Eliza]

Go down 
2 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
AuthorMessage
Artemis
Artemis

Things that I am :
  • ME Meercat
  • SR Salamander
  • DDC Dingo
  • Alarmingly Excellent
  • Dragon Hoarder
  • Troll Fanatic
  • Medium Poster
  • Chatbox Spammer
  • Really Too Kind
  • Rebel of Rogue

Female Loveliness : 73

Fraidy Cat and Scaredy Dragon [Art & Eliza] - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fraidy Cat and Scaredy Dragon [Art & Eliza]   Fraidy Cat and Scaredy Dragon [Art & Eliza] - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 19, 2012 8:02 pm

“It probably will do,” Rokam agreed, a slight tone of sympathy in his voice as he glanced over to Silence. “But everything should come right in the end. Fate has a way of balancing itself out. Even card dragons can’t change that balance permanently; it might not seem like it, but the world will always return to a level one way or another. Jaden thinks that when all four card dragons come together, the calamity caused is a serious disturbance in the balance.” Completely sidetracked from Silence’s plight now, the club dragon wrinkled his nose, flicking his horns and tail in unison. “I don’t know though, I reckon it might just be things getting a little weird from so much fate magic whizzing around. It’s powerful stuff, y’know?” The question was mostly rhetorical, and he didn’t really seem bothered about an answer- or if his companion had even been listening- as he hummed contentedly and leant into the human’s warm hand on the back of his neck.

“Whatever’s going on with your sparks there, it’s powerful stuff. You’ll want to be careful in…” As they rounded one last corner, he left a slight pause before triumphantly finishing, ”here.”
The cavern they had reached was further below the ground than the other caves, which mainly sprawled out horizontally. They were far enough from the dazzlingly bright orb of white light now that it scarcely reached them- there was enough light to make out a tall pillar in the centre of the cave, however. As far as Rokam could tell, it was made out of crystal just like everything else- or at least crystal-coated rock. The main difference was the magic he could sense coming off it, not in pulses or a steady stream but in a varying, wild torrent which dispersed in all directions throughout the ceiling and the walls. Somehow, he doubted touching it would be a good idea. Not for users of more volatile magics or people who couldn’t use magic at all. Really, he wouldn’t have gone near the thing unless he was a neutral magic user- and very confident of his powers.

But it was enough, anyway, to simply sit and stare at the pillar, basking in the power which it emitted from deep below in the earth like a lizard basking in hot midday sun.
“You’ve got to feel that,” he breathed. If he’d had hairs, then they would have been standing on end.
Back to top Go down
Eliza
Eliza

Things that I am :
  • Gold Hoarder
  • Medium Poster
  • Really Too Kind
  • Thrall of Zay
  • Rebel of Rogue

Female Loveliness : 8

PostSubject: Re: Fraidy Cat and Scaredy Dragon [Art & Eliza]   Fraidy Cat and Scaredy Dragon [Art & Eliza] - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 19, 2012 10:46 pm

"Oh yes, difficult not to feel that much of it." At that point she started to feel like she was overheating and she leaned lightly toward Ro's shoulder. "Is it getting increasingly warm or is that me?" She had the feeling that is was just her, but it never hurt to ask if maybe the rest of the chamber was just as warm. She slumped almost haphazardly beside her friend and sighed. "Don't you wonder where this stuff comes from? It's like lava coming up through the earth. Though instead of a volcano it's a giant cave of blue crystals. Makes you wonder. . ." she trailed off.

Even if there were such a thing as magic why on earth would it affect things like this? It didn't seem to make sense, but then again most things in nature didn't and that was good enough. "Rokam please tell me you'll stay the size you are now. Not all dragons need to be big enough to crush cities." Something told her that he wasn't going to get much bigger, if he was going to grow more at all. Truly, she needed to find a library and start studying these dragons. They just got more and more interesting by the second.
Back to top Go down
Artemis
Artemis

Things that I am :
  • ME Meercat
  • SR Salamander
  • DDC Dingo
  • Alarmingly Excellent
  • Dragon Hoarder
  • Troll Fanatic
  • Medium Poster
  • Chatbox Spammer
  • Really Too Kind
  • Rebel of Rogue

PostSubject: Re: Fraidy Cat and Scaredy Dragon [Art & Eliza]   Fraidy Cat and Scaredy Dragon [Art & Eliza] - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 05, 2012 6:36 pm

For the most part Silence’s words brushed past Rokam, hardly registering. But when she leant against him, he was brought back to alert by a somewhat unnatural heat emanating from her skin.
“I think that would be you,” he said with little doubt, frowning dubiously. “Maybe we should leave, I’m not too sure all this magic is good for either of us.” This proved difficult, however, as Silence’s weight suddenly pressed against him. After a moment where he nearly fell over, the card dragon reasserted his balance and supported the human as he replied, “It is, you’re right. The magic on Dragons’ Cove... Nobody really knows where it comes from. It’s natural, and it used to be wild before the Arch Mage’s work. People have called me mad for it, but… I’ve always thought there are many lands beyond our island. Visions I’ve had can only be explained by that. They’re never clear, but just an idea, a feeling… I’m sure of it. And those places, they don’t feel like Dragons’ Cove. I think it’s a unique place, in its magic.”

Even though he had been talking to her, Rokam half-forgot Silence, caught up in his musings once more. He wasn’t as much a scholar and a thinker as Jaden, but he couldn’t help but ponder once in a while, and the intoxicating magic all around only enhanced that tendency. Now, he flowed to his feet and prowled his way across the chamber to the blue pillar, leaving the woman to support herself. Being careful not to make contact with the crystal, he curved his body around the column and walked in slow circles about it, the simple proximity to so much magic stimulating his powers to an almost overwhelming level.
“Not getting any bigger,” he managed, his eyes hazily flitting back to look at Silence. “All dragons used to be bigger, but card dragons have always been small. Back in the times of free magic… our powers were the strength it gave us.” As he spoke he twitched his tail, a long-standing and usually unimportant habit. Today, though, it turned out to have big consequences.

Standing as close as he was to the pillar, it only took a small movement to touch it. There wasn’t time to realise his mistake before he was overwhelmed by magic, however, the current splitting and diverting to diffuse through him rather than via its accustomed path. When he managed to pull himself from the rush of possibilities swamping him, it was to an overtone of alarming cracking sounds and a rain of fine bluish dust.
“Silence, I think we should get moving,” he said in alarm, leaping to his feet. It didn’t sound good, but… surely he couldn’t have caused a cave-in with such a tiny action?
Back to top Go down
Eliza
Eliza

Things that I am :
  • Gold Hoarder
  • Medium Poster
  • Really Too Kind
  • Thrall of Zay
  • Rebel of Rogue

PostSubject: Re: Fraidy Cat and Scaredy Dragon [Art & Eliza]   Fraidy Cat and Scaredy Dragon [Art & Eliza] - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 07, 2012 11:45 pm

Silence looked around and wiped some sweat from her brow before nodding and turning, albeit rather dizzily, toward the exit. "This is quite the day so far. . ." she muttered. In the messy chaos of the cave-in, she didn't quite notice the shard of crystal that got tangled in her hair. Knowing that Ro was right behind her like a cat with its tail on fire, she bolted out as fast as she could. Of course along the way chunks of rock and crystal fell around her and it was rather daunting just to get out "period" much less alive and in one piece. The heat was only getting worse at the moment, but as soon as she was outside the heat went away and she lay flat on the ground trying to cool off.

"Holy. . .Holy hellfire. . ." she gasped. After most of the burning went away, she slowly sat upright and looked around for her dragon friend. "Rokam? Rokam are you alright?" she called. Things still looked fuzzy, and she was still seeing double, but she'd know a card dragon if she saw one, it was just a matter of seeing it in the first place. Once everything stopped coming in pairs, things became more clear and she ventured to stand. "Ro? Where are ya?" she called again.
Back to top Go down
Artemis
Artemis

Things that I am :
  • ME Meercat
  • SR Salamander
  • DDC Dingo
  • Alarmingly Excellent
  • Dragon Hoarder
  • Troll Fanatic
  • Medium Poster
  • Chatbox Spammer
  • Really Too Kind
  • Rebel of Rogue

PostSubject: Re: Fraidy Cat and Scaredy Dragon [Art & Eliza]   Fraidy Cat and Scaredy Dragon [Art & Eliza] - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 19, 2012 7:12 pm

Rokam didn’t hang around before following Silence, crouching to the ground as they tore through the caves to try and get away from the falling rubble. The further towards the exit they got, the less seemed to be falling in… but that didn’t make him any less desperate to escape. Luckily, the path ahead was easy to see due to a large lump of the blue crystal which had become caught up in Silence’s hair. Again reacting with the hidden magic she apparently possessed, it had lit up into vibrant orange flames as soon as it came into contact with her scalp, and it was far easier to see the path out with it contrasting against the blue and lighting up their surroundings. Probably he should have been concerned about Silence being on fire, but she hardly even seemed to notice it and if she wasn’t being hurt than he had more things to worry about.

Finally, after what seemed like an age, they made it into the open air. With some relief he noted that the flames on his friend’s head had died away, and without that bothering him he felt safe to sit and watch the caves for a few seconds. When he thought about it, he could feel great waves of magical energy rolling out from them, but when diffusing into the open it didn’t really have enough power behind it to affect them any more.
After a moment, he realised that Silence was calling for him and whirled onto his feet, trotting towards her hastily lest she think he’d got trapped inside.
“I’m here, all fine except maybe a few bruises. How about you? That was… quite the torch on your head.”
Back to top Go down
Eliza
Eliza

Things that I am :
  • Gold Hoarder
  • Medium Poster
  • Really Too Kind
  • Thrall of Zay
  • Rebel of Rogue

PostSubject: Re: Fraidy Cat and Scaredy Dragon [Art & Eliza]   Fraidy Cat and Scaredy Dragon [Art & Eliza] - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 19, 2012 8:02 pm

"Something actually caught fire? Hadn't noticed. . ." she gasped. Her knees were shaking when she stood, and as the crystal fell from her hair it split in half, though now the two halves were glowing. "Lovely, a pair of keepsakes." she remarked half-sarcastically. She picked them up carefully and noticed that they made her hands warm, but it was nowhere near the burning she'd experienced before. She felt the back of her head and sighed with relief, no hair lost, or at least minimal loss. "Magic is one strange thing." Upon pocketing her treasure, she hugged Rokam 'round the neck. "So glad you're alright!" It was high time to return home after all this trouble.

"Let's get out of here and head back to the circus. You can sleep in my tent for the night if you like." Silence knew as soon as she got back within a few feet of her bed she'd simply pass out on it, and Heaven forbid she leave her friend out in the open where he might get rained on. If she could stay awake long enough to move her breakables to a safer place and get some bedding out for Ro, she'd be right pleased. She started off in that general direction and paused. "This "is" the way back isn't it?"
Back to top Go down
Artemis
Artemis

Things that I am :
  • ME Meercat
  • SR Salamander
  • DDC Dingo
  • Alarmingly Excellent
  • Dragon Hoarder
  • Troll Fanatic
  • Medium Poster
  • Chatbox Spammer
  • Really Too Kind
  • Rebel of Rogue

PostSubject: Re: Fraidy Cat and Scaredy Dragon [Art & Eliza]   Fraidy Cat and Scaredy Dragon [Art & Eliza] - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 12, 2013 7:42 pm

The crystal which had been caught in Silence’s hair seemed to have used up most of its magical energy in the fire which had burnt there briefly, now glowing only faintly and barely giving out an aura. He stretched his neck up to rest his head on her shoulder for a moment as she hugged him, finding it difficult as ever to return the gesture. Sometimes, he really couldn’t decide if he would have preferred a human body. Of course, it would make interaction with most of the rest of the world much easier, and hands were something he’d long been jealous of. But equally, he liked having four legs and he definitely didn’t want to give up his powers, whether or not they were troublesome at times.
Well, it wasn’t like it was a decision he’d ever have to make, so he probably needn’t worry.

“Thanks for the offer, I don’t really have anywhere to go so… that’d be great.” He smiled at Silence, glancing about to find the right path. It was only when Silence called out to him that he realised she’d already moved on.
“Nope, it’s this way,” he replied, with a friendly laugh. “Though I guess it’s actually in that direction… Just, we need to go this way to get back down to the proper ground level.” It seemed odd, now he thought about it, that the entrance to an underground cave system should be higher than everything else. But then, everything had to balance out in the end. “Come on, if we get moving we can make it back before it gets too dark. Last thing we want to do is travel at night.” Swishing his tail, he began to trot down the zigzagging slope beside Silence, keeping well away from the edge.
Back to top Go down
Eliza
Eliza

Things that I am :
  • Gold Hoarder
  • Medium Poster
  • Really Too Kind
  • Thrall of Zay
  • Rebel of Rogue

PostSubject: Re: Fraidy Cat and Scaredy Dragon [Art & Eliza]   Fraidy Cat and Scaredy Dragon [Art & Eliza] - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 13, 2013 3:40 am

"Night traveling's never been much of an issue here, but alright we'll hurry back." she agreed as she headed off in the general direction of home. She slid once or twice on the way down, making it a little scary with the sounds of shock she'd utter. "Mountains take the grace out of your steps if you aren't careful." she grumbled. By the time they got to ground level, the sun had started its descent. If Rokam was to stay out of the dark, they'd have to book it all the way home. With Silence not having shoes that was risky business, but there was a clear path that could be seen through the trees and she took off toward it. "We'll have to move fast if we want to be there by dark, I'll try to move faster than I did earlier."

What made Ro want to be out of the woods by dark wasn't something she was about to inquire into. It wasn't too long before things began to get tough to see, but as light faded entirely the familiar tents came into view. "Home sweet home!" Silence ran on ahead to move her valuables and set up a bed for her friend, then went back out and held the tent flap aside for him. "Got a bed made up for you and there's no risk of breaking anything." she said smiling. "Make yourself at home!"
Back to top Go down
Artemis
Artemis

Things that I am :
  • ME Meercat
  • SR Salamander
  • DDC Dingo
  • Alarmingly Excellent
  • Dragon Hoarder
  • Troll Fanatic
  • Medium Poster
  • Chatbox Spammer
  • Really Too Kind
  • Rebel of Rogue

PostSubject: Re: Fraidy Cat and Scaredy Dragon [Art & Eliza]   Fraidy Cat and Scaredy Dragon [Art & Eliza] - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 16, 2013 10:22 pm

Rokam shrugged, slightly embarrassed at Silence’s words.
“Well, no, but there’s always a risk, isn’t there? Though… I suppose I’d probably see in advance if we were going to be attacked.” He smiled slightly at Silence, and they passed the rest of the journey with light conversation as the sun gradually set.

It was heartening to see the distinctive shapes of the tents forming between the trees; stepping their pace up, it didn’t take long to reach the clearing. Rokam came to a halt and watched cheerfully as people set out a few lanterns around the camp, calling greetings to Silence and waving brightly to him. He lifted a paw in return, sinking to a seated position as he waited for Silence to return. She didn’t take long; he rose to his feet in pleased surprise and began to make for the tent.
“Thanks, that’s a big favour,” he beamed. “I’m sorry that you had to pack your things away though.” Entering the tent and giving a small huff at the welcome warmth, he sat down experimentally on what was obviously intended as his bed.
Back to top Go down
Eliza
Eliza

Things that I am :
  • Gold Hoarder
  • Medium Poster
  • Really Too Kind
  • Thrall of Zay
  • Rebel of Rogue

PostSubject: Re: Fraidy Cat and Scaredy Dragon [Art & Eliza]   Fraidy Cat and Scaredy Dragon [Art & Eliza] - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 20, 2013 8:30 pm

"It's fine I can always just put them back up when we move, or when you leave whichever comes first. But eh, no rush no hurry we're here for a while you can come and go as you please." She gave a rather wide yawn and stretched her arms. "Today was far more than I thought it would turn out to be. If your bed isn't comfy enough just let me know, I have extra pillows if they're needed." After making sure everything was still in tact after her adventure, she lit up an oil lamp and fixed something light for them both to eat. "Is there anything else you'd like before I turn the lights out to sleep?"

She felt a bit bad that she was forcing him to go to sleep when she did, but he did have the option of staying up and checking out the rest of the tents if he so chose. She curled up on her bed and left a single lantern lit on his side of the tent in case he wanted to do some exploring. "Just blow out the flame when you're ready to sleep, ok?" It took less than 10 minutes of lying in bed for her to pass out from all the stress. Tomorrow could wait just a while longer.
Back to top Go down
Artemis
Artemis

Things that I am :
  • ME Meercat
  • SR Salamander
  • DDC Dingo
  • Alarmingly Excellent
  • Dragon Hoarder
  • Troll Fanatic
  • Medium Poster
  • Chatbox Spammer
  • Really Too Kind
  • Rebel of Rogue

PostSubject: Re: Fraidy Cat and Scaredy Dragon [Art & Eliza]   Fraidy Cat and Scaredy Dragon [Art & Eliza] - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 22, 2013 5:46 pm

Rokam beamed at Silence, shuffling his paws about to work a comfortable dip into the middle of the pillows and blankets.
"I'm definitely going to stick around and watch a show. Maybe I'll stay for a little longer... who knows. I've heard about that clairvoyant you have here, she'd be interesting to meet for sure."

A light meal was perfect after the somewhat eventful day, leaving him pleasantly full as he settled on the bed for the night.
"Nope, I'm fine. Thanks again. G'night, Silence." It didn't seem to take the woman long to fall asleep, but Rokam stayed awake a while longer. Lying on his back with his front paws curled loosely over his chest, he stared up at the faintly illuminated roof of the tent and listened to the quiet noises outside as the circus settled down for the night. There was an odd peace in this small community marooned in the forest, one he wouldn't have expected to encounter in all the chaos of a circus. After what must have been about half an hour letting thoughts pass him by, the card dragon rolled onto his front and quietly slid his head out of the tent flap. The ground between the tents was all but deserted now, only the odd lantern still burning on posts. However, as he watched the clearing, a figure swathed in colourful robes appeared across the glade. He couldn't see the person's face- but somehow he still got a sense of them looking at him. A sense of connection.

With a slight shiver, he pulled back inside the tent and curled up on his bed. Taking one last look at his new friend asleep and smiling fondly, he blew out the lantern and closed his own eyes for the night.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Fraidy Cat and Scaredy Dragon [Art & Eliza]   Fraidy Cat and Scaredy Dragon [Art & Eliza] - Page 4 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Fraidy Cat and Scaredy Dragon [Art & Eliza]
Page 4 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4