Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

The Lion and The Snake

Go down 
2 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
nen
nen

Things that I am :
  • ME Meercat
  • SR Salamander
  • Alarmingly Excellent
  • Gold Hoarder
  • Bi-Winning
  • Medium Poster
  • Chatbox Spammer
  • Thrall of Zay
  • Upstart of Aero
  • Rebel of Rogue

Male Loveliness : 8

The Lion and The Snake Empty
PostSubject: The Lion and The Snake   The Lion and The Snake Icon_minitimeSun Mar 04, 2012 6:26 pm

Plot: For your enjoyment, Andyr and Atoro have been forced to work together to decide what it is they are going to do about the army, its deployment and effectiveness and how something like the battle at Racksom was either important/unimportant. They may divulge from this important talk, but what is important to know is that they never get along, unless there's a dragon/woman involved.

Setting: Racksom, among the ruined buildings, troops around to watch their backs.

Intro:

Andyr looked around at all the unnecessary destruction and sighed, shaking his head. This was all unnecessary, a waste of human energy, manpower and construction. It was true that an army needed something to do or they turned on their master, like some great wild beast, but they had to be weaned off of wanton destruction such as this. Not only was it impractical, useless and particularly stupid, but it painted them as destructive invaders, not at all how Zartear wished his invading force to be viewed.

Hands on his hips, he reflected on how much easier it would be if he hadn't been forced to deliberate with the tactician, Atoro.

It was as if Andyr said right, the man would say left. He was like a small pup, always barking louder to prove himself. To Andyr, he was a Man, if a particularly unlikable one, and didn't need to prove himself. Especially since Andyr knew he would never really be able to agree with the man. It seemed as though everything Atoro said was intentionally offensive, to him at least. He realized that Atoro had a special hate for him.

He turned. Shirtless as usual, he wore the laced up breeches favored by the Surahnians, and the boots to match (how they found them in his size was a miracle). He had vambraces around his forearms and leather bands around his biceps. His wide belt circumvented his waist, each sword hanging against his massive thighs. He still kept his hair braided into the horse-mane that ended somewhere near the middle of his back, but was otherwise clean shaven. To most, he would always be a barbarian, now matter what clothes he wore (or didn't wear). Atoro was one of these people.

"So. What are your thoughts on this destruction?" he asked over his shoulder.
Back to top Go down
Rogue
Rogue

Things that I am :
  • Alarmingly Excellent
  • Chatbox Spammer
  • Underling of Eldar

Female Loveliness : 69

PostSubject: Re: The Lion and The Snake   The Lion and The Snake Icon_minitimeSun Mar 04, 2012 6:40 pm

Racksom was in the middle of its reconstruction, and although the city looked a mess at the current time, it would soon look glorious once again; even more glorious than before, if it could even have been called that. The city was a hive of construction, people working across it's entirety, and more outside the city either training or clearing the forest for much needed construction materials. Soon this place would make a fine base for the Surahnian Rebels.

Atoro had arranged a little of the work to be done on the city, outlining what needed to be done to bring it to new levels of fruition, but after that, not much of it had been his doing. Ordering work parties and dealing with petty disputes were below the SR's tactician; he had more important things to attend to. Dragons Cove was not yet under the rule of the SR completely, and it was his work to make sure such things eventually happened.
Although, this meant that he had to work with the SR's "Lion", the barbarian named Andyr. This was a distinct disadvantage; the Lion had no subtlety in his being, and for one who relied heavily on such a thing, it clashed with Atoro. That, and the two of them were at equal levels of power; Atoro did not like this. It meant that as much as he tried to give orders to Andyr, the other man was determined to disobey them, or make life as hard as possible.
It was pathetic. But he had to endure.

"Destruction? This is only destruction for the cause of reconstruction. Racksom was dying before the SR saved it, it's people." It was true; the city had been plagued by disease and poor health. "This city will be so much greater soon." But this was not what they had come to discuss, and Atoro wanted to be in the barbarian's company for as short a time as possible. "But, to business. I have heard you have claimed a group of men as your own, is this correct?"
Back to top Go down
nen
nen

Things that I am :
  • ME Meercat
  • SR Salamander
  • Alarmingly Excellent
  • Gold Hoarder
  • Bi-Winning
  • Medium Poster
  • Chatbox Spammer
  • Thrall of Zay
  • Upstart of Aero
  • Rebel of Rogue

PostSubject: Re: The Lion and The Snake   The Lion and The Snake Icon_minitimeSun Mar 04, 2012 6:47 pm

He decided no to contest Atoro's view on the destruction of Racksom. Even he could see, given time, the city would be rebuilt to be grander than it had been before.

They were here for matters of business.

"Aye, that I have. A select few who are neither afraid of death, nor failure. Men of courage who will obey me. They will be the heart which beats renewed strength and vigor into the army in the face of that which would terrify them. They will be an unstoppable force, blessed by Blood" he said, turned to look at Atoro. "What is it that concerns you of them?".

He could think of a few things, but he wanted to hear it from Atoro's mouth.

"Try to be straightforward in your answer, it would advance our conversation all the faster, and this meeting will be short".

For both their benefits.

Back to top Go down
Rogue
Rogue

Things that I am :
  • Alarmingly Excellent
  • Chatbox Spammer
  • Underling of Eldar

PostSubject: Re: The Lion and The Snake   The Lion and The Snake Icon_minitimeSun Mar 04, 2012 6:58 pm

"Of course," said Atoro dryly to Andyr's description of his men. There would be an overstatement there, to be sure; Andyr might have thought he had beaten the fear out of his men, but they had not yet been tested in battle, and that was the real place where the mettle of men was to be seen. No doubt Andyr would see his own creations in the best light, but Atoro had a more scornful outlook on life, and he didn't fully believe the man's words. That would come when he saw Andyr's men in battle. With him ultimately being the one controlling what tactics they followed.

One up for Atoro.

"It is of concern to me, " he started, trying to word himself so the barbarian understood, "that your men are apparently so much higher in status that the rest of the army. If they are as good as you say, and are to be such a beacon of hope to all, then it is of advantage to put them in a place where they can be seen. In battle, strength is followed by many, if it is a strength to be admired. Do I make myself understood?"
If Andyr's men were so formidable, it would serve Atoro a second purpose, to put them at the face of the army. The first into battle were always the ones to fall, the survivors following after. It would be no water off his back to have Andyr dead.
Back to top Go down
nen
nen

Things that I am :
  • ME Meercat
  • SR Salamander
  • Alarmingly Excellent
  • Gold Hoarder
  • Bi-Winning
  • Medium Poster
  • Chatbox Spammer
  • Thrall of Zay
  • Upstart of Aero
  • Rebel of Rogue

PostSubject: Re: The Lion and The Snake   The Lion and The Snake Icon_minitimeSun Mar 04, 2012 7:10 pm

That was as straightforward as Atoro would ever be, and of course Andyr understood.

"Put us in the front of the vanguard to rid yourself of one troublesome Lion" he said and grinned. "You think in terms of failure, hence you will fail" he told him and walked toward him, leaning his head down so that they were practically nose to nose. "I think I will tell my men that our tactician so values us, so elevates us, that he wishes for us to be the face of the army, to bite the throat of our enemies... and when we come back, it would do me so much good to see you swallow the bile and smile stiffly".

He moved away from him, looked back toward him. "Anything professional you wish to speak of?".
Back to top Go down
Rogue
Rogue

Things that I am :
  • Alarmingly Excellent
  • Chatbox Spammer
  • Underling of Eldar

PostSubject: Re: The Lion and The Snake   The Lion and The Snake Icon_minitimeSun Mar 04, 2012 7:22 pm

Atoro's eyes narrowed as Andyr spoke, somehow catching hold of the thread of thought that had passed through his mind. So, the Lion is picking up this language, he thought to himself. More care is required. How lovely. He didn't move as Andyr stepped towards him, bending down to his shorter height.

He would not be intimidated by this giant of a man. He was better than this.

"Such things you assume of me, yet I bear you no illness. Your language instructor has obviously taught you well, perhaps too well, to find such venom where there is none in my words." He kept his voice level. "But if you are to take such a road with me, what am I to say to it? I cannot be held responsible for whatever you say of me." Ha, but he would make the barbarian pay for whatever foul words he spread. He too, had ways of spreading dissent about the man. But such thoughts would be saved for later. It would not do for him to lose his concentration now.
"You must know of others in this army, outside your little party of men. What of them? I must know how able, adaptable they are. We will be successful in our next move against the DDC, but it would not do to lose more than required at their hands. Are they trained? Untrained? Old, or young, archers or swordsmen?"
Back to top Go down
nen
nen

Things that I am :
  • ME Meercat
  • SR Salamander
  • Alarmingly Excellent
  • Gold Hoarder
  • Bi-Winning
  • Medium Poster
  • Chatbox Spammer
  • Thrall of Zay
  • Upstart of Aero
  • Rebel of Rogue

PostSubject: Re: The Lion and The Snake   The Lion and The Snake Icon_minitimeSun Mar 04, 2012 7:33 pm

Andyr gave him a look that let him know he was not in the slightest pacified by his obvious lie of neutrality. The both of them knew that neither could stand the other. There was always venom in Atoro's words where Andyr was concerned. He figured it was a power thing, that and Atoro was probably racist, not that it really mattered. A man like Atoro would always be offensive, one way or the other.

"I know the other men in the army. I have had an exercise and diet regimen both submitted and approved for them, as well as the routine rounds you suggested, guarding the castle as well as important structures in our base of operations" he said. Clinical, cold, like a man that knew what his responsibilities were. It was almost as though Andyr had been a part of a bureaucracy before.

He hadn't, but he had been a favorite to become the next chief of his tribe.

"We have mostly young men, there are those in their prime. I have suggested that any man that cannot survive their training and diet, any man that cannot carry their armor and sword over their heads can be recommended for the archery unit, which I am not in charge of. Archery is no skill any able-bodied man who can wield a sword should engage as an occupation within an army. Most are trained, those that are untrained are being trained. I find that most of the untrained ones are natives."

What he did not tell Atoro was that his unit was comprised of both natives and Surahnians and that he was advocating an integration so as to promote unity within the army. A derision of the archers was discouraged, but should be noted that a man should be fighting with a sword unless he is of divine ability with a bow. He also did not tell Atoro that he often scooped up able bodied men away from the construction crews.

"Our idle army should be put to work".
Back to top Go down
Rogue
Rogue

Things that I am :
  • Alarmingly Excellent
  • Chatbox Spammer
  • Underling of Eldar

PostSubject: Re: The Lion and The Snake   The Lion and The Snake Icon_minitimeSun Mar 04, 2012 8:57 pm

Atoro nodded as Andyr outlined what he had done with the army. Good, so progress had been made. It was of little matter that Andyr had made such things happen; they were his menial tasks to undertake anyway. If he hadn't done them, then the army would be in chaos.

Or, at least disrepair; Zartear would never have let his standards slip so low. "Good. It seems as though you have made much progress with the army, as is expected. No doubt Zartear must be very proud." He tried to not let his scorn creep into his voice. However, it seemed as though the army was in good order; movement towards the DDC would be easily undertaken. There was a mixture of people to command too, not just swordsmen, but archers as well. This was a good improvement. Of course, the SR's troops had never been as poorly managed as the DDC's, but with the latest influx of native fighters, there was a lot that could have gone badly in a short amount of time.
But Atoro's vigilance would make sure that didn't happen.

"The army needs to have work, indeed, but it sounds as though many of our men are currently not trained enough to handle a full scale battle. I suggest something... different," said Atoro. "Those who wish to prove themselves are to be sent on a separate mission, while those natives untrained can stay here, in Racksom, and become proficient with their weapons. If you are so eager to make them work, then no doubt you can suggest such a mission?" He raised one eyebrow. It was not his ultimate task to decide what battles they waged; that privilege was Zartear's alone, but after that, he could divide the troops and plan their attack as he wished. This small side-skirmish may be permitted however, given that Andyr too wished it.
Back to top Go down
nen
nen

Things that I am :
  • ME Meercat
  • SR Salamander
  • Alarmingly Excellent
  • Gold Hoarder
  • Bi-Winning
  • Medium Poster
  • Chatbox Spammer
  • Thrall of Zay
  • Upstart of Aero
  • Rebel of Rogue

PostSubject: Re: The Lion and The Snake   The Lion and The Snake Icon_minitimeSun Mar 04, 2012 9:20 pm

"You and I can both agree that we must slay some of those dragons from that murderous pack we've been hearing of. Maledictus Eice I think they call themselves" he said. "We must also be seen 'rescuing' some of the natives. However, these dragons are quite fearsome, and our armies have a pitiful battle-mage percentage, and of them, none are very formidable" he said. "Any other missions is useless, unless it is securing a village which really just doesn't need elite man-power, with the way these farmers are looking to the sky for help" and this had a lot of scorn in it. He had originally tried to join the DDC, but they were not even amassing an army.

"They don't have an army" he said. "The dragons do, we need to learn of their weaknesses and destroy some of them".

Because even he knew that slaying a dragon would not be easy, and especially not with his unblooded men.
Back to top Go down
Rogue
Rogue

Things that I am :
  • Alarmingly Excellent
  • Chatbox Spammer
  • Underling of Eldar

PostSubject: Re: The Lion and The Snake   The Lion and The Snake Icon_minitimeSun Mar 04, 2012 10:27 pm

"Yes, the dragons of Maledictus Eice should be shown better command," agreed Atoro. For such a group of dragons to even exist... it was absurd. How could such a thing come to light? Was Dragons Cove so backwards that it had allowed such beasts to claim land as their own... indeed, this land did need the SR to help it along a new path. Although... rescuing natives; what a menial, boring task. "If you also wish to be seen rescuing pathetic villagers, then that is your choice, but better uses are to be found for what are branded the 'most elite' of the SR's army." Atoro had little care for the appearance of the SR's troops; as long as they were disciplined and gave the required results, then that was acceptable. But there was no need for this pansying around with trying to make the world a bright and happy place.

It would be broken anyway.

"Come, we shall speak with Zartear. I will be interested to see these men of yours in action, against dragons." Although he was loathe to spend more than the minimum amount of time with Andyr, he wanted to know how the army was shaping up, how they worked together, how he could make them work more efficiently. This meant going on some absurd quest to kill ME dragons, but it would aid him better in the future; and possibly save him the discomfort of Andyr's company too. "Fetch your men. If our liege is agreeable, we will leave by sunset." He turned and left without a word more, ignoring whatever reaction Andyr may have to his words.

==X==

The forest was quiet, save for the tramping of boots, and the sound of hooves. Atoro rode near the front of the line of soldiers that Zartear had allowed he and Andyr to take for their skirmish, sitting astride a lithe chestnut horse. They had been walking a couple of days through the forests now, heading north, where the dragons of ME were. So far Atoro had swung from boredom, to annoyance, then back to boredom again almost three times an hour, or more, depending on whether Andyr had graced him so kindly with his presence or not. And worse, the man had got his troops right under his thumb, praising his every move and treating him like an angel sent from heaven.

It was sickening. And yet, he still had to speak with the barbarian. He reined his horse in slightly, dropping back from the head of the soldiers to where Andyr was.
"I do hope you're enjoying this 'quest'. So many dragons we have come across, your appetite for proving your men must be more than satiated." His words were transparently ironic. They had found not one dragon in their path yet.
Back to top Go down
nen
nen

Things that I am :
  • ME Meercat
  • SR Salamander
  • Alarmingly Excellent
  • Gold Hoarder
  • Bi-Winning
  • Medium Poster
  • Chatbox Spammer
  • Thrall of Zay
  • Upstart of Aero
  • Rebel of Rogue

PostSubject: Re: The Lion and The Snake   The Lion and The Snake Icon_minitimeSun Mar 04, 2012 10:33 pm

He rode along as though Atoro did not exist, amiably chatting with one of his most promising soldiers. They were talking of Kvinna and how Andyr had taught her that the man's sheathes were not for chewing upon. "She is teething, but I taught her to chew on this leather thing I made her" he said. The man beside him laughed and asked him what it looked like. He proceeded to describe it and even after the man gestured at Atoro, Andyr continued to ignore him. "When we are in the field, I am of the highest command, if the tactician should fight, then he'd be directly under me, but he only makes plans, and ugly words... so he's an enigma unto himself. Frankly he's come along to see the death of me, so I'd rather just be addressed properly or not at all" he said to the other man.
Back to top Go down
Rogue
Rogue

Things that I am :
  • Alarmingly Excellent
  • Chatbox Spammer
  • Underling of Eldar

PostSubject: Re: The Lion and The Snake   The Lion and The Snake Icon_minitimeSun Mar 11, 2012 1:32 am

Atoro's eyes narrowed as Andyr thought it best to ignore him, taking stock of the man he was also talking to. He would be duly rewarded for his stupidity for ignoring the SR's tactician later. As for Andyr... well, he was a fool, made ever clearer by the way he continued to speak; it was obviously for Atoro's benefit. He didn't care what the barbarian was trying to spread amongst the ranks of the men- he would have his order whether such vipers were spread throughout them or not. The vipers made it only the more interesting, in some ways; he would have his order, and if the men dared to disobey or judge him, then he would show them exactly who he was.
"If you do not show me the respect I deserve, there with be consequences that even a man as brash as yourself will quail at," he said, none too subtly. Andyr was taking it a step too far, himself being only a lowly commander- if that- of the troops. Here, Atoro was a step up the ladder. "You speak out of turn a second time, I will make sure that the costs to you are crystal clear.”

The barbarian was stupid, but even he wouldn’t miss a threat as open as that.

Back to top Go down
nen
nen

Things that I am :
  • ME Meercat
  • SR Salamander
  • Alarmingly Excellent
  • Gold Hoarder
  • Bi-Winning
  • Medium Poster
  • Chatbox Spammer
  • Thrall of Zay
  • Upstart of Aero
  • Rebel of Rogue

PostSubject: Re: The Lion and The Snake   The Lion and The Snake Icon_minitimeSun Mar 11, 2012 1:39 am

Andyr spurred his horse ahead, ignoring Atoro. When they settled down for the night, he would teach Atoro a lesson about threatening him. His easy manner took the venom out of Atoro's threat, as he did not seem at all afraid of the man's power. Everyone on this hunt were loyal to Andyr, or respected him in some form or fashion. Andyr was not so stupid as to bring anyone that felt otherwise. Why give Atoro ammunition. The man was so smart, maybe he should have considered that Andyr might try to rid himself of one snake.

They did not spy a dragon that day, and settled down for the night, pitching tents and hobbling horses.

Andyr lingered outside his newly made tent, searching out Atoro from the group.
Back to top Go down
Rogue
Rogue

Things that I am :
  • Alarmingly Excellent
  • Chatbox Spammer
  • Underling of Eldar

PostSubject: Re: The Lion and The Snake   The Lion and The Snake Icon_minitimeThu Mar 15, 2012 9:07 pm

Atoro could feel anger bubbling up even further inside himself as Andyr just ignored him completely, riding past like he was a slave or soldier to be ignored. Ooh, this was not a wise move for him to be making; the man was twice as large as him, granted, but Atoro had powers and position far greater than Andyr, and such insolence was only going to result in Atoro making life hell for him. He curled his hands around the reins of his horse a little tighter, wishing they were around Andyr's neck, then shot the soldier that the barbarian had been talking to a black look, making sure that he would recognize the man later. If he couldn't kill Andyr for his words, he could certainly kill this other nobody.

That night, as the men went about their evening business, fixing up a meal and their tents, Atoro sat by himself at the mouth of his own shelter for the night. Contrary to those who thought they knew him, he did put up the tent himself, and had made dinner too, his empty plate to one side for washing up later. It may just have been the paranoia of poison in his food (he was too skilled with deadly substances not to be aware of them), but he didn't like taking cooked food from others. The only thing remaining now to do before the night set fully in was reprimand Andyr for his words against him earlier.
Although reprimand probably wasn't the best word to be using in such a situation.

He walked slowly through the camp, not hurrying his footsteps. Andyr would be surrounded by a crowd of men if he had been sitting with the others, no doubt (fawns, the lot of them), but there was no such group to be seen, so he must have been absent. Taking a short turn around the set of tents, he soon spotted the huge man lounging outside of one.
"Andyr," he said as he came close, stopping in front of him. The fact he had to look up didn't improve his mood any.
Back to top Go down
nen
nen

Things that I am :
  • ME Meercat
  • SR Salamander
  • Alarmingly Excellent
  • Gold Hoarder
  • Bi-Winning
  • Medium Poster
  • Chatbox Spammer
  • Thrall of Zay
  • Upstart of Aero
  • Rebel of Rogue

PostSubject: Re: The Lion and The Snake   The Lion and The Snake Icon_minitimeThu Mar 15, 2012 9:33 pm

He watched Atoro approach him and waited for him to come to a stop. "Atoro" he said, looking over his head and at the encampment of men. "How may I help you?" he asked. Let the little bastard dig his own grave. A number of embarrassing, violent and stress-relieving plans of dealing with Atoro drifted through his mind and he pushed up from where he was lounging to look down at him. "Would you like to feel important again? I can act as though you are important? Put you on a pedestal and everything. Maybe in a dress and we can all say: Oh my Lady you are looking fine today. That would be enough attention and fawning for you?" he asked.

That idea was actually pretty hysterical, if only they had a dress. Andyr was sure they could make one out of tent material and rope. Hell, they could even use some warpaint as makeup. Really do Atoro up. Maybe even present him as bait for a lusty dragon. That's how it went in the stories he'd heard as a whelp up in the Ice Plains.

"Or would you like it that I act as dumb as I look?" he asked. "If you don't already think it of me? Would you like me to follow you around like a dumb puppy? Nodding my head to your every suggestion? Be the muscle to your brain?". He was being facetious now. "Perhaps you just haven't had a good fucking lately. Want to see if there's anyone willing to bend over for you? Or perhaps you like to be the one to receive?".

He was uncomfortably close to Atoro, staring down at him with nothing good in his eyes. "Go on. Tell me what is so urgent that you need to seek me out. Alone... where no one can hear you scream?" he asked.
Back to top Go down
Rogue
Rogue

Things that I am :
  • Alarmingly Excellent
  • Chatbox Spammer
  • Underling of Eldar

PostSubject: Re: The Lion and The Snake   The Lion and The Snake Icon_minitimeThu Mar 22, 2012 4:31 pm

The intense difference in height between Atoro and Andyr would have been intimidating, if only he had been a different man- or refused so vehemently to submit to this hulking giant of a man. He curled one hand around the hilt of the rapier at his side at Andyr’s insolent words, his stance hardening and his eyes narrowing. As Andyr continued, he could only feel rage bubbling up inside him like a volcano, until suddenly, he exploded.

“Enough!” he shouted, pulling his sword from its sheath quick as lightening and levelling it across at Andyr’s neck. “Enough of your insolence.” If Andyr had been any other man, he would have killed him on the spot, whatever the whiplash it would mean he got from Zartear once he was back in Racksom. However, the man’s size and obvious strength stopped him- just. He would have to wait for the inevitable reaction though; his speed would have to save him.
“You seem to think you have such sway over these men here, which indeed, it seems you do. But do not think, for one moment, that you will be anything more than just a commander of me in Zartear’s army. Do not think, that because these men follow your every word like dogs, that you have the power to disregard me, because I am Zartear’s tactician, and as such, in a place of more power than you.” He was holding himself still, at the edge of his anger, as to not tremble; Andyr would only interpret this as fear, and it was anything but. “Do you understand, or do I need to speak more slowly for you?
Back to top Go down
nen
nen

Things that I am :
  • ME Meercat
  • SR Salamander
  • Alarmingly Excellent
  • Gold Hoarder
  • Bi-Winning
  • Medium Poster
  • Chatbox Spammer
  • Thrall of Zay
  • Upstart of Aero
  • Rebel of Rogue

PostSubject: Re: The Lion and The Snake   The Lion and The Snake Icon_minitimeThu Mar 22, 2012 11:17 pm

Andyr looked down his nose at the blade, at the man holding it up to his neck and waited for him to finish. He thought he'd be angry, but the thought that he'd have enough leverage to pierce his neck was ludicrous, and the fact that he hadn't already meant it was a threat. Andyr didn't respond to threats simply because he didn't believe death would find him until he fulfilled his purpose. He had yet to win glory for an army, and he had yet to slay his enemies on the battlefield. That and he was really fucking big.

He batted the blade away with the back of his hand and laughed at him.

"Wave a sword to make a point where posture and gesture are not enough. How like a little man, afraid of power oozing through his grasping fingers. Don't draw a blade on me unless you wish to use it... I assure you, I wield double-handed, and there is no such thing as a fair fight if we are to fight to the death" he said. Andyr did anything to win, in a death-match. Fighting fair was for show, he taught his men to fight dirty, if they didn't already.

He rested his hands on the pommels of his blades, seemingly relaxed, but willing to draw if Atoro pursued his folly. Andyr was no fool as to turn his back on a man waving a sword around. Especially one that hated him, and whom he'd antagonized.

"I can't promise I'll be gentle, our first time".
Back to top Go down
Rogue
Rogue

Things that I am :
  • Alarmingly Excellent
  • Chatbox Spammer
  • Underling of Eldar

PostSubject: Re: The Lion and The Snake   The Lion and The Snake Icon_minitimeSun Apr 08, 2012 11:08 pm

If it were possible, Atoro just became angrier at Andyr’s response to his threats, laughing, he was laughing at him. How dare he? Atoro was not one to be made a fool of, and by Andyr, he was even more furious about the fact than he might have been from a lesser being. Perhaps it was the fact he was hardly allowed to run the man through and bugger the consequences?

“You know nothing of power,” he said through clenched teeth. When Andyr held it, he seemed not to realise the full extent to which people could be manipulated to his wants, his desires. Atoro himself had no such limitations. Despite the tiny iota of power he might hold over the barbarian, the ability to make him act more volatile, he was determined to make it work. “Give you the chance to run me through? I think not. You may have these men under your thumb, but do not think your status with them will impress me, nor your challenges.” He took a step backwards, lowering his sword slightly. He was cleverer than to purely attack Andyr with a sword anyway, he preferred to use his wits, rather than his weight, when disposing of people. “You think you would know if I attacked you? It would be over faster than you could draw your swords, not that they would help against certain assets; poison…” He let the word hang in the air.
Back to top Go down
nen
nen

Things that I am :
  • ME Meercat
  • SR Salamander
  • Alarmingly Excellent
  • Gold Hoarder
  • Bi-Winning
  • Medium Poster
  • Chatbox Spammer
  • Thrall of Zay
  • Upstart of Aero
  • Rebel of Rogue

PostSubject: Re: The Lion and The Snake   The Lion and The Snake Icon_minitimeSat Apr 14, 2012 9:08 pm

Andyr smiled.

"How thoughtful. You came prepared for my larger size."

He'd decided that allowing Atoro to run his mouth was like asking for the rope to hang oneself with. He'd just take things largely out of context, say things that were inappropriate and watch the little white man get redder and redder. Andyr was the sort of man that didn't fear death, though he'd let Atoro learn that on his own. In his culture, death was as valid a part of life as birth. Death came for you when it came for you, and you were responsible for leading a just life until it was your time. Whether or not you fulfilled your destiny was up to you. Andyr believed he was supposed to live long enough to win glory for his people, whomever his people were at the time of said glory-winning was not his concern.

He knew, though, that he'd always be the pride of the Three-Crows Clan.

He also knew that to think in terms of failure was to readily walk into the arms of defeat.
Back to top Go down
Rogue
Rogue

Things that I am :
  • Alarmingly Excellent
  • Chatbox Spammer
  • Underling of Eldar

PostSubject: Re: The Lion and The Snake   The Lion and The Snake Icon_minitimeSun Apr 22, 2012 11:08 pm

Atoro frowned at Andyr’s pathetic excuse of a comeback, the returned his sword to its sheath and crossed his arms. He wasn’t going to stand around listening to the barbarian give him lip when there were so many more productive things to be doing. For one, there was studying maps of Dragons Cove, working out ideas for better conquest of the land, and learning weak points and strong points they might be able to use to their own advantage. As well as calculating where they were at that precise moment… he had been keeping half an eye as the day went past, but there was a difference between pinpointing and “generally there”. Plus, a hundred and one other things to do besides listen to Andyr try and exert his “power”.

“I’m sure you enjoy your crude jokes ever so much. I, instead, am going to be productive with my time. Do enjoy your evening, no doubt devising other quips to amuse the soldiers with tomorrow.” He smirked at such an idle pursuit, voice obviously scornful, then turned on his heel and marched off. This was turning out to be just the most wonderful trip ever. Oh, he couldn’t wait for the next day to roll around.

((Worst post evarrrr. Please timeskip or something.))
Back to top Go down
nen
nen

Things that I am :
  • ME Meercat
  • SR Salamander
  • Alarmingly Excellent
  • Gold Hoarder
  • Bi-Winning
  • Medium Poster
  • Chatbox Spammer
  • Thrall of Zay
  • Upstart of Aero
  • Rebel of Rogue

PostSubject: Re: The Lion and The Snake   The Lion and The Snake Icon_minitimeSun Apr 22, 2012 11:21 pm

Andyr smirked at his back and rushed him, taking him to the ground and pinning him there, his face in the dirt. "I had plans for you ever since we went out on this expedition. I think tying you up like a prize ham and marching around with you bound to our saddles would relieve a lot of the tension you've built up for us. Or, we can work together and you can curb your sarcasm and condescension. In the field, you're no better than any man that can wield a sword better than you. Being a tactician is great, but in the end, it's the men who fight that decide a battle. Whether or not your tactics work depend on the people who employ them" he said close to his ear.

"But something tells me you're too proud to work with a barbarian" he said reaching down to undo Atoro's swordbelt.

It was a difficult endeavor, because Atoro was wriggling like the snake he was, and although Andyr was bigger than him by half, he was a strong little fellow. Still, in the end, Andyr's sheer weight would do him in. He'd tire himself out and be subject to Andyr's treatment.

((or something. Hope this wasn't pplay or godmoding))
Back to top Go down
Rogue
Rogue

Things that I am :
  • Alarmingly Excellent
  • Chatbox Spammer
  • Underling of Eldar

PostSubject: Re: The Lion and The Snake   The Lion and The Snake Icon_minitimeSat May 05, 2012 12:15 pm

Atoro didn’t expect what happened next, and Andyr took him completely off guard. That, with the barbarian’s size, meant he was easily pinned to the ground, much too easily for his liking. But that didn’t stop him from trying to get free once he was there, snarling and kicking and trying to lash out at the other man, before abruptly starting to cough as he got dirt up his nose. He was furious, but that had to wait for a moment as he turned his head to one side, spitting mud and still coughing, half listening to what Andyr was saying. He had no wish to work together with the man, but what with being stuck how he was, he was going to have to agree… for now.

But that didn’t stop him from trying to lash out with his elbows. It was a bit of a hindrance his hands were stuck, but he was not going to let anybody see him in such an undignified position. He snarled.
“My tactics work because most of the SR have the sense to see they’re the right choice,” he said, spitting mud again, eyes widening slightly as he felt Andyr going for his belt.
What the hell?
Well that just made him try and get free even more fervently, despite his coughing and being crushed by Andyr’s weight.

Last edited by Rogue on Tue Jul 03, 2012 8:27 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
nen
nen

Things that I am :
  • ME Meercat
  • SR Salamander
  • Alarmingly Excellent
  • Gold Hoarder
  • Bi-Winning
  • Medium Poster
  • Chatbox Spammer
  • Thrall of Zay
  • Upstart of Aero
  • Rebel of Rogue

PostSubject: Re: The Lion and The Snake   The Lion and The Snake Icon_minitimeSun May 06, 2012 3:32 pm

He was right to struggle so hard. Without his belt, Atoro could not rely on his poisoned blades to keep others at bay. He would have to use his words, or settle for using a regular sword. They would then see his worth as a Surah. "I hate to do this to a man, for however much I do not like you, you are a man... but I will not be disrespected because you are racist and afraid to compromise with someone you think you are better than" he said. The belt came undone and he threw it over his shoulder after much tugging. He stood and plucked the swordbelt from his shoulder to hold it firmly between his hands.

"You may go at your leisure, Tactician".
Back to top Go down
Rogue
Rogue

Things that I am :
  • Alarmingly Excellent
  • Chatbox Spammer
  • Underling of Eldar

PostSubject: Re: The Lion and The Snake   The Lion and The Snake Icon_minitimeThu May 24, 2012 8:13 pm

As usual, Andyr’s words about men, in respect to his tribe’s traditions were of no interest to Atoro, only the fact that he wanted to be set free at the forefront of his mind- then behind that, how he was going to tear the barbarian to shreds afterwards. He was afraid of no man! Andyr thought himself to be so right with his steadfast traditions on what was this, and what was that, but they were no way to go about the world, not unless you wanted to live in the back end of nowhere for the rest of your days.

How he was to display his enmity and dislike of the barbarian without further damaging his dignity, however, was slightly beyond him with such anger running through him. He scrabbled to his feet as soon as Andyr released him, a scowl on his face, although that was somewhat offset by the mud no staining his clothes and cheeks. He rubbed the back of one hand across his mouth, spitting out more dirt.
“What right have you to take my sword from me?” He had had a shocked thought when Andyr had first unbuckled his sword belt that the barbarian might want something… more. “I am no soldier of yours, to do what you wish with, like a master scolding an apprentice.”

Last edited by Rogue on Tue Jul 03, 2012 8:27 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
nen
nen

Things that I am :
  • ME Meercat
  • SR Salamander
  • Alarmingly Excellent
  • Gold Hoarder
  • Bi-Winning
  • Medium Poster
  • Chatbox Spammer
  • Thrall of Zay
  • Upstart of Aero
  • Rebel of Rogue

PostSubject: Re: The Lion and The Snake   The Lion and The Snake Icon_minitimeSat May 26, 2012 9:12 am

"You are no soldier of mine, yet I did with you what I wished. As a Man, this is my privilege, I am free from constraints and I fear nothing. I choose my loyalties, and while the men following me may think they are obligated to be loyal to me, I hold them to no such vow. You are not above me, and I am not above you, we are equals. That being said, if you can take your pathetic, poison-tipped swords from me by any means, you may have them back. Until then, I suppose I should keep them until you ask for them nicely" he said and grinned.

He would have buckled the belt around his waist but the thing was too short. The Surah had a much smaller waist than he.

"The right I possess to take things from other people is the right all peoples are born with, Surah. You live in an incredibly rigid world, with your immovable structures and titles. Deeds not words, Atoro".

He leaned on a post, casually watching the Surah. He did not mean to take delight in his struggle, but... Atoro had had it coming.

"Be thankful I did not slap you. It was my first reaction, I must admit".
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Lion and The Snake   The Lion and The Snake Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The Lion and The Snake
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next