Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

(Royal Palace of Racksom) Surahnian Tactics is an Artform (15th Board)

Go down 
+2
Rogue
Zay
6 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Eldarwen
Admin
Eldarwen

Things that I am :
  • Alarmingly Excellent
  • Minion of Monty
  • Thrall of Zay

Female Loveliness : 68

(Royal Palace of Racksom) Surahnian Tactics is an Artform (15th Board) - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: (Royal Palace of Racksom) Surahnian Tactics is an Artform (15th Board)   (Royal Palace of Racksom) Surahnian Tactics is an Artform (15th Board) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 11, 2012 12:42 pm

Jiluria. Hm, it makes sense to give them something they covet, Siofra thought, seeing that the village was situated close to Racksom and had regularly been somewhat overshadowed even though their trade had still been needed – and the blackmarket had definitely always been blooming. Her mind was at work throughout the responses of the other three and she was wondering what their course of action was going to be but none of the men said much in response to this. None of them even dared to reply to Zartear’s question with regards to Jiluria which made her wonder whether she should or not.

“No, objections either, my Lord.” Siofra would not have dared speak her mind either way, even if she had had any objections but with everyone agreeing and her being a woman, it would have been hell to pay to disagree. There was the small matter of the raiders of Jiluria being unhappy with their current situation as their trades were not going as well, the gold running out but she was not sure whether she should bring it up or not. Atoro would gather that sort of information quickly enough anyway and should he fail, Andyr would get it another way.

“Cato and I will report back with our findings on these dragons as soon as possible.”
For her, the meeting could as well be over now. They each had made their point and their personalities known, and the half-elf was sure to keep an eye out for all of them. It would be hellish to have to look over her shoulder almost constantly as of this moment in time, but she did not want to be trapped by either one of them, they all were vicious in their own ways and rather dangerous at that.
So the cat and mouse play had now officially started.
Back to top Go down
Zay
Admin
Zay

Things that I am :
  • SR Salamander
  • Medium Poster
  • Platypus
  • Chatbox Spammer
  • Minion of Monty
  • Underling of Eldar

Female Loveliness : 62

(Royal Palace of Racksom) Surahnian Tactics is an Artform (15th Board) - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: (Royal Palace of Racksom) Surahnian Tactics is an Artform (15th Board)   (Royal Palace of Racksom) Surahnian Tactics is an Artform (15th Board) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jun 24, 2012 9:41 am

Zartear noted none seemed disgruntled, so they all agreed to this plan easily. Jiluria's interests would be on self preservation, perhaps one of the last settlements in all of Dragons Cove where one might choose to stage a defence. The locals were almost as pathetic as the Kaionarians in Zartear's eyes. In truth, he saw it as weak to not even oppose his force with their own (instead choosing to lurk in the shadows), but also as foolish to do so anyway, when the path for the future was so clearly under the Surahnian Standard, why would there be a need to fight?
His enemy was barely respectable, so naive. Guardians help them; though he would slay them, too.

"Andyr, as the lion in the Surahnian army, our Swords Master, you will have the role of being this display of power and wealth to Jiluria and the near area. Total obedience from them will be expected. Surahnian rule is absolute." The Bow Master, Sword Master and presently unfilled "Second in Command" for the King, were often all Generals in their own right. Though Andyr had proven his ability to lead effectively and fight among the best, he reserved calling him a General of his for now. Time would pass and then it would be seen if he was worth his weight.

"Bowmaster Cato, second Siofra, tactician Atoro," He looked to them all now respectively, "This will conclude our first, brief, meeting. In the future we shall have the pleasure of keeping each others company for a lengthier time, when perhaps we have a true challenge to confront." He smiled pleasantly, gesturing an open hand to the door. "Take your leave." He then quickly returned his attention to Andyr. "And you, do you accept this role, in all its honour?" It was a strange question, the King's word was law, so this made everything quite rhetorical. Though there was a lot to be said for the objections some had to the words of authority, Zartear knew that to lead wisely, a complete understanding and complete will to do as he saw fit, was desirable to have in each of his followers.
Particularly a would-be General holding the largest and most fearsome portion of the Great Surahnian Army.
Back to top Go down
http://www.google.co.uk
Rogue
Rogue

Things that I am :
  • Alarmingly Excellent
  • Chatbox Spammer
  • Underling of Eldar

Female Loveliness : 69

PostSubject: Re: (Royal Palace of Racksom) Surahnian Tactics is an Artform (15th Board)   (Royal Palace of Racksom) Surahnian Tactics is an Artform (15th Board) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 03, 2012 7:17 pm

The others in the room seemed to comply with Zartear’s plans- Atoro idly wondered whether it was through fear, which he doubted, or through a willingness to submit. The latter hardly seemed like it would be the case; he did not think any of the players here would want to submit just to get a warm glow inside by doing “the right thing”. No, that would never be the case. Perhaps it was just that the others’ plans currently fitted with what their Lord was saying. There was no point in objecting to something that would further one’s own ideas and wishes.

Or maybe that was just Atoro being much too coy. Not everyone had such brilliant schemes as he himself did.

As Cato bent over the map in front of them, then subsequently reclined back in his chair, Atoro took a little notice of the man, and his incessant swigging from some small vial at his side. Once again, his mind clicked into action; what was Cato’s foible, this liquid that he couldn’t keep his hands off of even for a meeting, important and short as it had been so far. Perhaps it could be used to… manipulate him, or conversely, earn his trust, if he discovered what the liquid was, and could source him a little more of the stuff. A man who was so dependant on a drug must always be seeking more, if not for immediate use, then for later consumption. Hmm, it was an interesting thought.

However, back to the present, as the meeting was coming to its close. Things had panned out a little differently to how he thought they might have, but Zartear’s ultimate choices had made sense. In time, great things would come to pass, thanks to the SR. He nodded his head in respect to Zartear as he stood, pushing back his chair and leaving with the two archers. Just because he had left the table, did not mean that he was no longer paying attention; he made sure not to exit with his usual promptness to hear the short exchange between Zartear and Andyr. He didn’t catch everything (as he was not dallying, just walking a tad slower than normal), but was curious to hear of Zartear’s proposition. Swordsmaster… well, why play with matches, when you could play with fire? This would make his association with Andyr very… interesting.

Atoro had a lot to think over as he left, paying the standard curtesies to Cato and Siofra before leaving.
Back to top Go down
nen
nen

Things that I am :
  • ME Meercat
  • SR Salamander
  • Alarmingly Excellent
  • Gold Hoarder
  • Bi-Winning
  • Medium Poster
  • Chatbox Spammer
  • Thrall of Zay
  • Upstart of Aero
  • Rebel of Rogue

Male Loveliness : 8

PostSubject: Re: (Royal Palace of Racksom) Surahnian Tactics is an Artform (15th Board)   (Royal Palace of Racksom) Surahnian Tactics is an Artform (15th Board) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 04, 2012 7:30 am

Andyr remained seated as others rose, noticing that the King had not said his name in dismissal. He waited for Zartear to address them, patient as he watched them leave, his eyes on the Bowmaster's Second in Command.

She had a fine backside.

He turned his gaze to Zartear when he was addressed and smiled.

"I have not protested, your Majesty, on anything as of yet. Rest assured I have accepted any and all positions you should lay upon my shoulders" he said. He did not rise, for it was unwise to do so unless bidden. The fact that the King had kept him behind where all others were dismissed was curious, and he could see Atoro thought so as well, taking his time to leave the conference. "Should I ever have an issue, it shall be brought to you, and only you.".

As far as issues went, Andyr was very concerned about respect and honor. If he felt that either were in jeopardy of tarnish, he would see to it that Zartear heard from him. He did not possess fear of the man, rather he respected him and had given his loyalty. Perhaps the only honest man in the room, his swords belonged to Zartear, and where the man pointed them, he would strike.
Back to top Go down
Eldarwen
Admin
Eldarwen

Things that I am :
  • Alarmingly Excellent
  • Minion of Monty
  • Thrall of Zay

Female Loveliness : 68

PostSubject: Re: (Royal Palace of Racksom) Surahnian Tactics is an Artform (15th Board)   (Royal Palace of Racksom) Surahnian Tactics is an Artform (15th Board) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 16, 2012 9:27 am

As Zartear suspended the meeting, Siofra let her eyes briefly wander over the others, various degrees of smugness seeming to creep into most their eyes at having successfully survived this first meeting, aside the apparently typical weariness of the others in the room. The meeting may have been brief but there had already been tension and the half-elf was wondering how much more of this testosterone-battling she would have to survive in the future.

Zartear’s parting words were somewhat chilling on her conscience, especially since so far she had not been able to do a whole lot for her cause but the time was not quite right yet. She would have to be careful however not to miss out on any opportunities otherwise this could soon turn very, very ugly. Siofra would have to be careful.

Following suit as Cato got up to leave the room, Siofra forced herself not to look back as she felt the burning of a stare making the spot between her shoulderblades itch fiercely, until she finally disappeared out of the door. Atoro, obviously, was lingering behind, probably in hopes of catching a few words he was not supposed to hear but soon they had all filed out an went on their separate ways to prepare their individual next missions.

Cato and Siofra would have a lot to prepare as they would most likely be leaving for their newest hunt as quickly as possible in order to report back with information in short time.
But those preparations were not the only thing Siofra needed to take care of. She needed to get word to Atleon, somehow, of Zartear’s plans but with her stallion still missing in the greenery surrounding Racksom, she was not quite sure how to accomplish it. Most carrier pigeons had been roasted as the tribal battleblood had thrown his tantrum over the city and trusty messengers were nowhere to be found these days. Corruption was starting to spread like a disease even amongst the previously honest, and even if not all of them were turning into traitors, there were those who preferred to look after their own hides rather than do something for the general good.

With a sigh, she could not quite hide, Siofra parted ways with Cato as well, both having rather equally separated the tasks between them, to get started on her duties. All in all, it could have gone worse, and even though the army would be moving forwards, there was no full-blown attack on the horizon, giving the defenders enough time to rally people and put their heads on straight. At least, Siofra hoped, it would be enough time.
Back to top Go down
Taj
Taj

Things that I am :
  • Alarmingly Excellent
  • Dragon Hoarder
  • Troll
  • Long Poster
  • Medium Poster

Female Loveliness : 12

PostSubject: Re: (Royal Palace of Racksom) Surahnian Tactics is an Artform (15th Board)   (Royal Palace of Racksom) Surahnian Tactics is an Artform (15th Board) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 01, 2012 10:47 pm

Water dripped from the top of Eythil's cowl and down onto his face as the soft rain seemed to continue through the land. He seemed the lucky one to be following the storm on his way back from a visit to the DDC and had been soaked to the bone. With a slight sigh at the full load he was still dragging in his cart he put his eyes back on the road toward his destination. Understandably so he wasn't even let near the main camp thanks to the distrust og anyone outside the DDC. He was able to see how chaotic it seemed there but he only wanted to help sell food to hungry people. Ah well, his goods always seemed welcome in Racksom so he wasn't going to lose heart yet.

As Eythil approached the gates to the city he flashed a letter with the royal seal on it along with a bright smile. He was soon let it the city without problems and given instruction to go to the palace where the Lord currently resided. While he might be selling goods to anyone who wanted them, Eythil had always felt at home in Racksom where he had grown up. He casually made his way through the city, pulling in front of the palace and securing his goods.

Once more he flashed his royal letter to the guard and was lead into where Lord Zartear was. After a short announcement of his arrival Eythil entered with a warm smile on his face. "Lord Zartear, a pleasure as always." He said as he bent slightly at the hip in an elegant bow as water dripped from his rain soaked clothing.
Back to top Go down
Zay
Admin
Zay

Things that I am :
  • SR Salamander
  • Medium Poster
  • Platypus
  • Chatbox Spammer
  • Minion of Monty
  • Underling of Eldar

Female Loveliness : 62

PostSubject: Re: (Royal Palace of Racksom) Surahnian Tactics is an Artform (15th Board)   (Royal Palace of Racksom) Surahnian Tactics is an Artform (15th Board) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 03, 2012 9:47 pm

No sooner had the last of his subjects left the room, the remainder of the guard been waved off...a visitor had been sent in.
For all his dishevelled appearance, Zartear knew the worth of this man in front of him and was not put off in the slightest.
"And never a moment too late good friend, though you cannot stay too long." He searched the room briefly, somewhat anxious to already be on his way. Zartear had plenty of business in his day to day life, never mind all the meetings and greetings that formed the rest of his time.

"I'll be right to the point then. I already assigned you some time ago to see about some imports from further east, the extra support is always helpful. However I think it is beneficial if you will see to it about removing a route to Didienne, things are too unstable for us to work with the Kaionar folk in tandem...as you know, to help feed our folk as the land redevelops for now... I trust you can achieve this with ease. I've also arranged you a very obliging sort of dragon, wolf too, who can take you there quickly. It is important that very particular ties are severed there. Some may be of use for now, others a hinderance. However do nothing to disturb the natural order. All in all, you are a grain merchant, remember that, lest we descend into their petty games."

He looked away from Eythil for a moment, gathering more of his thoughts together, appearing ponderous and distanced. Whenever speaking about Kaionar he felt uncomfortable, he had no doubt that it would crumble, but until then the people there dared to play dangerous games with him, as if taunting the power he commanded with such precision and unfailing grace. Well, may the Surahnians spare them at all...they were the kind he may consider just a stroke from the surselea.

"You'll find, in the tangle of politics that is that wretched place, your business strangely so, links back to a man by the name of Zold Grimhart. Please go there and tell him of our past matters. However please do not seek an audience with Lady Deorwynn, if she is anything she has us believe she is...then she is quite busy. Do you have any questions my noble servant?"

Back to top Go down
http://www.google.co.uk
Taj
Taj

Things that I am :
  • Alarmingly Excellent
  • Dragon Hoarder
  • Troll
  • Long Poster
  • Medium Poster

Female Loveliness : 12

PostSubject: Re: (Royal Palace of Racksom) Surahnian Tactics is an Artform (15th Board)   (Royal Palace of Racksom) Surahnian Tactics is an Artform (15th Board) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 18, 2012 6:19 pm

"Of course, my lord." Eythil kept his bow low until his lord began to speak his orders for the man. While he didn't really like the idea of going to such a twisted city of thieves and murderers, he would do as commanded. Zold...The man sounded familiar to him enough to lead him where he should go.

"Thank you, my lord for lending me the creature. I will move swiftly to attend to these matters for you." The man looked up to flash a gentle smile at Zartear. While they were in a servant-lord relationship Eythil considered them to be friends of sorts. "I am clear on your wishes and have no questions. If you please excuse me I will be on my way this night."

Eythil waited until he was excused before meeting up with the beast keeper to acquire the wolf dragon for his use. Before he took the beast he ensured his goods were put away with care and took only what he could carry. Once he returned he looked at the dragon for a moment before climbing onto the mount and getting himself comfortable. With one last look back to Zarters dwellings he took off into the night off to Kaionar.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: (Royal Palace of Racksom) Surahnian Tactics is an Artform (15th Board)   (Royal Palace of Racksom) Surahnian Tactics is an Artform (15th Board) - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

(Royal Palace of Racksom) Surahnian Tactics is an Artform (15th Board)
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2