Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Guard of Steel, Woman of Silk

Go down 
2 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
nen
nen

Things that I am :
  • ME Meercat
  • SR Salamander
  • Alarmingly Excellent
  • Gold Hoarder
  • Bi-Winning
  • Medium Poster
  • Chatbox Spammer
  • Thrall of Zay
  • Upstart of Aero
  • Rebel of Rogue

Male Loveliness : 8

Guard of Steel, Woman of Silk  Empty
PostSubject: Guard of Steel, Woman of Silk    Guard of Steel, Woman of Silk  Icon_minitimeThu Apr 19, 2012 4:59 am

The entire Kaionarian endeavor had left Sildred with a firm appreciation for Racksom and a clear distaste for the desert and her den of thieves. More than he cared to, Sildred found himself protecting the Lady Deorwynn, and most often than not, she tried to strike up a conversation with him. Many times he'd told her that men and women just do not talk unless they are kin or courting. This seemed to tickle her fancy, and Sildred could guess as to why.

However, before she could truly test him and get under his skin, they were back in Racksom and Hadanna's men were assigned to cushy jobs, for the sake of being in the desert for so long, with the Lady Deorwynn and those terrible Kaionarians.

The first thing he'd done upon returning 'home' was to see his daughter. He spent the entire day with her, indulging her in her few fancies and inevitably putting her to bed, with love. She was the little light of his life, and were it not for her, Sildred would believe that there was nothing good in life for him. Tilenaia, of course, had prepared a whole reception for her daddy. There was breakfast, tea time, play time, quiet time and tea time. Although all the tea times could be synonymous with quiet time and during quiet time they had tea. Playtime was little more than her pointing out things and him naming them in Surahnian.

He was thinking about bringing his daughter a toy with the hazard pay he'd earned going to Kaionar even as he patrolled the castle. Patrol duty was the cushiest job in the army, and patrolling in the castle was not only an honor, it was a privilege. Hardly anything went down in the castle, leaving the guards with a lot of spare time. Often he espied guards talking to the servants, or to one another. Other times, he spotted guards coming out of the rooms of salacious women.

He did not shirk his duties. He enjoyed nothing more than the routine, and it kept his mind on pleasant things. Were he allowed time to himself, he would most likely brood. He was coming down the east wing, where the richer apartments were. In his steel plate armor and wolf's fur helm, he looked a thousand times better than he had in the desert, for he wasn't sweating his life's water away. It wouldn't be hard recognizing him, even if Surahnians tended to bear the same physical traits.

With his thoughts on his daughter, Sildred had completely forgotten about the Lady Deorwynn.

Last edited by Nen on Wed Apr 25, 2012 2:23 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Aero
Aero

Things that I am :
  • ME Meercat
  • Alarmingly Excellent
  • Dragon Hoarder
  • Gold Hoarder
  • Troll
  • Medium Poster
  • Chatbox Spammer
  • Rebel of Rogue

Female Loveliness : 25

PostSubject: Re: Guard of Steel, Woman of Silk    Guard of Steel, Woman of Silk  Icon_minitimeThu Apr 19, 2012 5:19 pm

She was a new woman. Or rather, she had reverted back to her old self, which was honestly a very good change no matter which way it was spun. For years, she had dreamed of the day when she would walk through the halls of her home and once again be the woman of the house, the one that pulled the strings behind the scenes and could bring entire sects under her heel, the entirety of Kaionar at her disposal. Now she had it. Deorwynn had retaken Kaionar, not as a wife that smiled and refrained from speaking in public, but the head of the city where she had rightfully belonged the whole time. Once again she could feel the beating heart of the city in her palm and had the strings of everyone who was anyone dangling from her fingers. All was as it should be.

The summons to visit Racksom had been worrying at first of course. Leaving Kaionar so soon after establishing her rule was practically begging for a coup. But she had to take some solace in the thought that a coup would inevitably lead to King Zartear conquering the city in his own, much more violent way, and the other nobility knew it too. That fact alone would probably keep her seat open while she was away at the very least, though it wouldn’t help to protect her from the assassins that were no doubt roaming her halls and plotting ambush points. Such was the life of the important people in Kaionar.

Currently, she was inspecting Racksom’s royal palace, having been recently freed of the duty of assuring Zartear that she had no designs on his throne and was on his side unreservedly. After the tedious undercurrent management of the conversation she had of course promised Kaionar’s forces to the furthering of the Surahnian goal to conquer the rest of Dragons Cove and had of course done her best to convey as much respect to the warrior king as possible. It was the only sensible thing to do. Allying with Zartear was a key part of her strategy to keeping her position in the city until she had enough time to lay the ground work of a creating sustainable seat at the top of the hierarchy in Kaionar without any help. Only then would she be able to start working on turning her contacts in Zartear’s forces into allies and begin absorbing his empire out from under him. But, that was a fanciful whimsy too far in the future to even begin plotting out, and was for now a gilded dream. At the moment, she was simply the king’s dutiful subject and unrelentingly loyal ally, dedicated entirely to bridging the gap between the lackluster receptions of the Cove to Zartear’s glorious vision of society that he had envisioned for all the residents of the island. Or so the rumors went.

The position of Governess fit her well, and she reveled in having her luxurious trappings back. She was dressed in a fine blue silk and crushed velvet dress with elaborate silver embroidery on every edge. Her bodice molded her body into a curvy hourglass shape, emphasizing a small waist with a large bust and hips, accented further by the flow of her floor-length gown that trailed behind her as she walked. The gown’s sleeves were light and maneuverable, a function more of practicality than anything. As the sole ruling body of Kaionar, she was expected to do many of the things that a man would do, and having her sleeves being constantly dipped in ink was unbecoming. Her soft shiny black hair was caught back in a net of blue pearls, a band of woven silver wire embedded with smooth sapphires sitting upon her brow. She was a picture of royalty and wealth, effectively showing off her own nobility and the fine craft that her city had to offer at the same time. But what stood out the most was a large gold medallion hanging from a chain that ended just beneath the swell of her bust. The medallion was enameled with the heraldry of her house, the Eye of Time in its striking red and yellow colors proudly displayed in its setting on top of a crown of green laurel branches. Her house had fallen once and she was determined to bring back her legacy from the ashes of the past defeat, starting with this one trinket. Her name would be feared once again, the tatters of the oldest Kaionar family sewn back together by her own hand.

Deorwynn was just heading back to her personal suit to relieve herself of a couple layers of petticoats when she noticed a soldier patrolling the halls. Normally, she would not bother with such low lives like the common riff raff, but something about this one caught her eye. He was familiar, somehow. But that shouldn’t be possible. She didn’t know any common soldiers. Unless…

A smile curved her painted red lips as she approached the soldier, making no effort to hide the fact that she had acknowledged him. “Good noon, sir. ‘Tis been a while since last I saw you. I trust your duties are treating you well?” Deorwynn looked him over quickly taking stock of the new armor and the fact that he wasn’t swimming in his own sweat. Huh. Surahnians. Obviously they couldn’t stand a little sun.
Back to top Go down
http://seroph.deviantart.com/
nen
nen

Things that I am :
  • ME Meercat
  • SR Salamander
  • Alarmingly Excellent
  • Gold Hoarder
  • Bi-Winning
  • Medium Poster
  • Chatbox Spammer
  • Thrall of Zay
  • Upstart of Aero
  • Rebel of Rogue

PostSubject: Re: Guard of Steel, Woman of Silk    Guard of Steel, Woman of Silk  Icon_minitimeFri Apr 20, 2012 2:03 am

He saw her coming far too late, such was his attention on a room that was open and shouldn't have been. Errant guards. He would have to report them to the captain of the castle garrison. Whomever that might be. He'd almost flippantly dismissed the woman when he turned to meet her eyes, and his eyes slid down her figure and back up to her face. A lady... and not just any lady. Lady Deorwynn Xerceis. He still couldn't say her name right, even after all that time with her coaching him. Not that he'd wanted language lessons from her. His Dragon's Cove Common was not as atrocious as some of the other Surahnian soldiers' but... that didn't mean he didn't have a thick accent.

"Good noon Lady Deorwynn, I trust you will return to your apartments, to the safety of your guards and curious follower" he said.

It was probably the politest curt dismissal she had received from any man.

A good woman didn't travel alone, with no guards, in a castle... even if it was closely guarded by Surahnian soldiers. In fact, she should have had a guard with her simply because there were Surahnian soldiers. Her nobility didn't protect her from the most ambitious of men, for Surahnian soldiers were as close to a noble class that any lowborn man could ever get. Being a soldier, one could marry into nobility, for being a soldier carried with it a respectability, and this Sildred knew well.

Though, he had come to realize that the Lady was not without her tricks. Still, killing a soldier was a punishable offense, and nothing light either. She'd probably either receive the whip, or death by hanging. There was even the possibility of the newly implemented punishment growing fast in popularity among the soldiers: Oaring. The giant blond known as The Lion had started that one.

Still, nobility was nobility and a soldier could not dismiss himself in the presence of a noble, even a woman. Not unless he had pressing manners and Sildred was not the type to lie to get himself out of an uncomfortable situation.

And it was about to get even more uncomfortable.

---

As if on cue, Falcon walked around Sildred and stopped at his mistress's side. He was shorter than her by at least a head, slight-boned and lovely in a way men should not be. His eyes were large and dark, slightly canted, with a hint of yellow around them that Sildred could not be sure was makeup. He was dressed in loose-flowing pale blue silk pants, with a wide red sash tied round his waist. His white linen shirt was open down to wear it disappeared into the red sash, exposing his pale, rather flat torso. He wore soft silk slippers, and Sildred was loathe to realize his pants showed part of his thighs from the side.

A loathsome little creature, yet Sildred feared his attention far more than the Lady's.

Falcon was not so blind as to ignore that.

He simply smiled small and leaned into his mistress's side. "Why my Lady, I did not know such men were fit for talking. How is this brute treating you?" he asked, his eyes flicking up to the wolf's mane helm. "He is one of the more--" his eyes moved to the bands around his arms "--decorated soldiers...".
Back to top Go down
Aero
Aero

Things that I am :
  • ME Meercat
  • Alarmingly Excellent
  • Dragon Hoarder
  • Gold Hoarder
  • Troll
  • Medium Poster
  • Chatbox Spammer
  • Rebel of Rogue

PostSubject: Re: Guard of Steel, Woman of Silk    Guard of Steel, Woman of Silk  Icon_minitimeFri Apr 20, 2012 8:04 pm

At first she quirked an eyebrow at the rather cold reception, then remembered that this was a Surahnian she was talking to and that they had about the emotional range of a potato. Maybe Sildred was the exception in that he was only slightly more expressive than a rock. You could paint a face on the man, but it was hard to ignore the fact that his lips had probably never held the expression even as a guise. Well, at least he was honest. Though perhaps a fool. Didn't these Surahnians know anything about speaking to royalty? Even if she was a woman, her title demanded certain things of the lower peoples. A salute or a bow or some humble gesture would have been appropriate. These men had a right to call themselves dogs, she thought. The certainly had the manners of mongrels. Unless he was shirking decorum on the assumed notion that they were some sort of friends, in which case that would simply not do at all. She chose who was allowed to act familiarly with her, not the other way around.

Once such person who was exempt from the rules that normally governed her relationships with the general populace decided to make his appearance, and she didn't at all react to the casual way in which he sidled up to her side. If there was something besides her power and wealth that she had missed upon banishment from Kaionar, it had been Falcon. He was such a handy fellow to have around, and the companionship the he provided was nothing to turn her nose up at. But above all, his greatest worth was probably being the only ally that would never turn on her. Such allies were few and far between in her city where money was your only friend, and her time alone on the road had taught her to take what opportunities she was given as they came instead of being choosy about where the gifts came from.

Deorwynn inclined her head and smiled slightly at Falcon's words, watching with some amount of amusement as Sildred's expression changed ever so slightly upon seeing her part-avian companion. "He does look quite important, doesn't he? These helmets the Surahnians have cooked up are quiet fierce." Idle flattery said with a convincing amount of admiration, of course. Wearing that atrocious fur-lined helmet was begging to fall dead of heatstroke if the army was stupid enough to command their officers to march in such garb through the desert. Which was a very good probability, seeing as the rest of Dragons Cove lay beyond the sand basin that filled the heart of the island. "But I suppose we must forgive him for his words. He is but a soldier, after all. You are Surah Ceilen, correct?" It was easy to feign innocence, she had been doing it her entire life. There was no way she would forget the names of any of the men that had been there during her rise to power in Kaionar. She remembered the names and faces of anyone that talked to her, a natural reaction ingrained into habit for the sake of survival. But pretending that she had forgotten would indicate that he was not important enough to remember, which was much more in keeping with the expected character of a noble lady. How could she be expected to remember all of the petty rabble when there were far more important things to be done, after all?
Back to top Go down
nen
nen

Things that I am :
  • ME Meercat
  • SR Salamander
  • Alarmingly Excellent
  • Gold Hoarder
  • Bi-Winning
  • Medium Poster
  • Chatbox Spammer
  • Thrall of Zay
  • Upstart of Aero
  • Rebel of Rogue

PostSubject: Re: Guard of Steel, Woman of Silk    Guard of Steel, Woman of Silk  Icon_minitimeSat Apr 21, 2012 4:11 am

This ignorant woman and her gibbering fool...

Sildred narrowed his eyes at her, and just as quick the expression was gone. "No Surahnian has the misfortune of having such an unpronounceable name" he informed her. If she was looking for some acknowledgment of her royalty, she was looking far too hard. Sildred had stopped to her summons hadn't he, and he was waiting for her to tell him to be on his way or accompany him. Only men were saluted and, if Sildred wasn't mourning his wife, women were often flirted with. Soldiers, in the Surahnian society even before they'd set sail, were of elevated standing, almost nobles, and yet too numerous to be so. Well born Surahnian soldiers were elites, and men who were valorous and notably loyal were also elites. Elites were the closest to nobility that Surahnian soldiers could get unless they married up, other soldiers saluted in their presence.

Although Sildred was considered elite, he had elected to stay with his unit, preferring the quiet. The last thing he wanted was to garner too much attention. Yes, he was double banded, but many of the men he knew had earned bands for valor. The last thing he wanted to do was alienate them by considering himself an elite. Besides, he was happier following orders than giving them.

"You would do well, Lady Deorwynn, Lord Falcon, to understand that the role of soldier is not the role of common guard or town constable here in New Surahnia. Now if there is nothing you would have me do, I must complete my circuit.".

His tone was not degrading or condescending. He had long learned to curb such emotion in his speech, especially when speaking to nobles. Lady Deorwynn was lucky she was a Lady and not some regular wench. Sildred would have brushed past her with all the courtesy of a slab of stone.

Falcon tittered and moved from his mistress's side to press himself against her other side. "Oooh Mistress, I think he's offering to teach you Surahnian customs... what a gentleman" Falcon said and delighted in Sildred's sudden glare. He was a handsome man, fit too. He wondered if maybe his Mistress's interest in the man lied solely in his looks or was it... did she consider him a challenge? What about this wolf-wearing ape intrigued her? Was it his curt attitude, or was it something more? For he'd come to understand that most Surahnian men, including soldiers, considered women inferior and often didn't give them the time of day unless they wanted to screw them, or they were family, or if they were part of the army. Even then, Falcon knew this was a man-dominated society.

Which made climbing to the top, for his Mistress, a challenge, and he knew how much she enjoyed challenges.

Challenges. Was this man a challenge to her?

He would have to learn more about this man, pry into his private life if his Mistress was to take more than a passing interest in him.
Back to top Go down
Aero
Aero

Things that I am :
  • ME Meercat
  • Alarmingly Excellent
  • Dragon Hoarder
  • Gold Hoarder
  • Troll
  • Medium Poster
  • Chatbox Spammer
  • Rebel of Rogue

PostSubject: Re: Guard of Steel, Woman of Silk    Guard of Steel, Woman of Silk  Icon_minitimeMon Apr 23, 2012 12:51 am

The rather bestial nature of these Surahnians in general posed as a giant thorn in her side. If it were just residents of Dragons Cove that she was dealing with then there was no doubt in her mind that she could overcome the limitations of her gender. After all, the High Council of their precious Kingdom even had a woman on it, and she had been seated for quiet a long while. If the High Council could break its tradition after hundreds of years of allowing no females at all on their council, then there had been hope that she could have come into her own as an individual female without need of a man to manage her affairs. But she had already determined that the Cove was underequipped to win this war that Zartear had brought to their shores, so using the same tactic to gain prestige among her newfound peers was simply not going to work. But these invaders played on a whole different level when it came to social structure. She had learned much from spending the weeks moving from Racksom to Kaionar with her entourage, of which Sildred was a part, and then even more in the official meetings. All of her rank, wealth, beauty and education could not make these dunderheaded men respect her. They were as blind to the fact that women could be just as deadly an opponent as the harsher sex. She had to learn how to manipulate this false assumption before the others figured out that she was not simply a pretty face and fair skin.

This was her challenge, and Sildred perfectly embodied the problem she faced.

He was such a stereotypical example of the soldiers that she'd seen so far that she had mentally marked him as the prime target for practicing her new skill set of manners. She couldn't very well practice on Zartear or the other officials of her rank and expect to come out the better for the situation. So who better to practice on than a soldier who was, by far, more stone faced than any of the politicians she'd met so far? It seemed a reasonable enough decision, and she was the queen of making reasonable decisions. After all, you had to know the rules of the game before you could cleverly divert them, and she was definitely playing their game now.

"Do you think that he would be so kind?" Deorwynn asked, tilting her head slightly and looking Sildred over as if she hadn't really gotten a proper look at him the first time. It was easy to play off of Falcon's suggestions. They had been in so many situations during their acquaintance that it was almost second nature. She wouldn't at all have been surprised if he had already guessed her intention. "Well, I wouldn't want to keep a soldier from his duties. But is has been such a long time since last I toured the palace grounds. I would very much like to see what changes that the halls have undergone. Surely it would not be so much trouble for us to walk a ways. You are protecting the nobility of this hall, correct?" She nodded to the doors just down the way. "Lead on, Surah."
Back to top Go down
nen
nen

Things that I am :
  • ME Meercat
  • SR Salamander
  • Alarmingly Excellent
  • Gold Hoarder
  • Bi-Winning
  • Medium Poster
  • Chatbox Spammer
  • Thrall of Zay
  • Upstart of Aero
  • Rebel of Rogue

PostSubject: Re: Guard of Steel, Woman of Silk    Guard of Steel, Woman of Silk  Icon_minitimeTue Apr 24, 2012 9:13 pm

Sildred sighed inwardly, showing no outward signs of displeasure. "As you wish" he replied. He held out an arm for her to take. He might as well be courteous and show her around like a good soldier. Sil was, if nothing else, a good soldier. He cut a glance to Falcon and made sure his other arm was in no way crooked for him. The creature seemed to notice this and took private amusement in it. It seemed it would stay by its mistress's side, and he was just fine with that. He was almost like a suit of armor, how still he was, offering to tour her and waiting for her to accept.

The last thing he wanted to do was interrupt his duty of patrolling the halls to escort this rather inappropriate woman around, but she was nobility, and she was in Zartear's favor, so he would do so. It was his duty to do as he was told, within reason, and he'd already patrolled the area twice, noting that there were no threats. He would report the opened room and the lax guards on his own time. For now, he had to focus on not letting this woman worm her way under his armor. The last thing he wanted was a woman thinking she had him wrapped around her finger. There was a big difference between dutiful and devoted. Sildred would, and could, refuse requests he deemed inappropriate, or not within his ability or duty.

Falcon tittered and pressed ever closer to her. "He is good, a guard of steel" he said. He looked the man up and down. "This one will definitely be fun". He saw that his words unnerved the man, but it was a passing emotion, quickly shut down in the Surah's face. He was practiced at muting his emotions, or making them as flat as possible. He would definitely pose a problem, and if there were more like him, there would certainly be difficulty in moving his mistress up the ranks. The last thing he wanted to do was tell her to resort to Kaionarian tactics. This was New Surahnia, and murders were not taken lightly. They were not the norm. If someone was murdered, the investigation would be thorough and she would most likely be sniffed out, no matter how careful she was. Foreigners were not trusted here, much the less women, who tended to be more mystical and cryptic in the men's opinion.

He sighed. "Nothing worth obtaining is ever laid out like a woman's precious jewels" he said and smiled up at her. She knew what he meant. He'd stolen back her jewels from the various ladies that had pilfered them upon raiding her room once the raid had been over.
Back to top Go down
Aero
Aero

Things that I am :
  • ME Meercat
  • Alarmingly Excellent
  • Dragon Hoarder
  • Gold Hoarder
  • Troll
  • Medium Poster
  • Chatbox Spammer
  • Rebel of Rogue

PostSubject: Re: Guard of Steel, Woman of Silk    Guard of Steel, Woman of Silk  Icon_minitimeWed Apr 25, 2012 12:42 am

Finally! Some manners! Well, it certainly took long enough to coax a bit of civility out of this brick of a man. Ugh, if she would have to be helpless and doting in order to get anything to go her way… Gods help her, but she would strangle somebody. Or have someone else strangle somebody for her, but that was another matter entirely. First, she would need to make friends in this new world where men were the absolute law. Her irritation was easily covered by a charming smile as she reached out and placed a delicate hand on the crook of Sildred's elbow, noticing immediately just how small it looked compared to his arm. She'd never really considered it before, what with the Surahnian soldiers constantly bulked up in their armor and whatnot, but he really did have an impressive set of biceps. Especially up close. By their very nature as a warlike people, she supposed that all of these soldiers had to be strong enough to cope with the armor and weapons that they were constantly toting around everywhere they went. Immediately her mind wandered to all the things that a set of strong hands could do before she remembered that she should probably be walking and not fantasizing about the things that she could make Sildred do if he were a normal man that was susceptible to a fine pair of partially exposed breasts and what exactly he might look like without so much armor on. Or just clothes in general.

Guard of steel indeed. Mentally, she snorted to herself and tried very hard to not equate what parts of his body were more steel-like than others, casting a glance in Falcon's direction for his rather ill-timed comment concerning her own personal struggle to remember that this was most definitely not Kaionar and certain social proceedings simply didn't work here like they did back home. She missed her city already, though it didn't have such well-built men there. "No, they aren't." She replied quietly to her long-time companion. "But the challenge is half the fun, is it not? Speaking of challenges, Surah-" Now she did deem it time to talk to Sildred, though would still refuse to use his name unless he deemed it important to remind her what it was again. "How is it that you find the state of Dragons Cove? I imagine it must be a change from your homeland, if I am to understand what I have heard correctly."
Back to top Go down
nen
nen

Things that I am :
  • ME Meercat
  • SR Salamander
  • Alarmingly Excellent
  • Gold Hoarder
  • Bi-Winning
  • Medium Poster
  • Chatbox Spammer
  • Thrall of Zay
  • Upstart of Aero
  • Rebel of Rogue

PostSubject: Re: Guard of Steel, Woman of Silk    Guard of Steel, Woman of Silk  Icon_minitimeWed Apr 25, 2012 12:52 am

"We have no homeland" he replied curtly. "This is our land now and we will tame it as any other land. I hated the heat of Kaionar, but this temperate clime is just as well." He was accurate and precise about his response. The last thing he wanted her to do was to ask him to elaborate. "The people are weak, and scared... things are not as they were in our ancient home, but we will make them so. Change is nothing but the transition from one state to another. It is up to us to make Dragon's Cove our New Surahnia, and no weak peoples or overgrown beasts will get in our way" he added. A bit passionate. He was nothing if not a good soldier, and he believed in the Surahnian ideal, in Zartear's ideal for the Surahnians in Dragon's Cove. He believed it because his wife had and he'd been so devoted to her. He was a rational man, though, and found that King Zartear did make sense. The soldiers were not abused and he could hardly say that taming this land so his daughter may grow up and inherit it was a terrible prospect.

He fell silent afterward, walking her down the hall. She could have been a towel draped over his arm for all the attention he gave her.

Falcon raised his brows at the soldier and looked up at Deos. "Patriotic" he murmured. What was bad about this was simply that this man was solid. If he was a good example of most Surahnians, then it would be difficult swaying them from their original goal. If anything, swaying soldiers would be impossible. If Deos wanted to change things, she'd have to start in the nobility and governing ranks, and there were so few people in them. This was not Kaionar indeed. If Deos wanted to endear herself to the soldiers, she'd have to seem as though she was on board for the good of the Surahs. Deos was nothing if not the best at pretending this and that. However, she'd have to lay it on thick if she wanted any of these men, especially this Surah, to believe her. She had her hands full alright.

And then he noticed the man's bicep. "I wonder what he looks like naked" he said.

He grinned as the Surah's jaw tightened and he colored ever so faintly.
Back to top Go down
Aero
Aero

Things that I am :
  • ME Meercat
  • Alarmingly Excellent
  • Dragon Hoarder
  • Gold Hoarder
  • Troll
  • Medium Poster
  • Chatbox Spammer
  • Rebel of Rogue

PostSubject: Re: Guard of Steel, Woman of Silk    Guard of Steel, Woman of Silk  Icon_minitimeWed Apr 25, 2012 3:27 am

The assertion that he had no homeland struck her immediately as an odd way to view their departure from wherever it was that they came from. Poppycock and nonsense. Just because it was called a homeland didn't make it home, and it was undeniable that there was some stretch of land somewhere that the Surahnians came from. Or else why would they be called Shurahnians in the first place? Outwardly, she remained completely unruffled and even sympathetic while he described how horrid that he'd seemed to have found Dragons Cove and the squishy residents therein. Absently, she wondered just how many of the Cove's dragons he'd faced off against to call them 'overgrown beasts'. She'd known at least one in her time that had been able to sweet talk as well as any other trader in the city, having been trained by a native smooth-talking slum dog before the man's passing. Dragons were certainly not unintelligent creatures, and woe to the man who mistook them for such. But, that was for the Surahs to find out and for her to know. Who was she to correct a soldier, after all? Even if his ignorance was showing. But he made up for it by being extremely muscular, and for the purposes of her acquaintance, that was all she really needed.

Her next reply, intending to agree with Sildred on every point he'd made (after all, it was true that the government in the Cove was weak and the people even more so), was interrupted by a brief stream of clear laughter. In a different place and at a different time, she might have gone ahead and followed up on Falcon's question, agreeing that it would be good sport for the soldier to sate both their curiosity and be off with the bulky armor. But, given their company, it would probably be best if she left Falcon up to the duty of harassing Sildred. The last thing she needed was word getting out in the barracks that she was some floozy that didn't care where her man meat came from, as long as it was fresh and bulky. Hardly a way to start off in a society. "My dear Falcon! You do say such curious things. I rather think that this Surah looks smart in his armor just as he is. Though I have no doubt that even without his armor he would pose a frightening figure indeed. Your people seem very impressive, Surah. It is no wonder that His Highness has had such resounding victories thus far."
Back to top Go down
nen
nen

Things that I am :
  • ME Meercat
  • SR Salamander
  • Alarmingly Excellent
  • Gold Hoarder
  • Bi-Winning
  • Medium Poster
  • Chatbox Spammer
  • Thrall of Zay
  • Upstart of Aero
  • Rebel of Rogue

PostSubject: Re: Guard of Steel, Woman of Silk    Guard of Steel, Woman of Silk  Icon_minitimeWed Apr 25, 2012 4:31 am

He never did trust the laughter of women. So when she started, his head turned and he watched her, his gaze preferring her than her little servant. Whenever his wife had laughed in his presence, it meant one of three things: She found him to be foolish. She found him to be funny. She found him to be pathetic. Out of those three things, he found that women often generally laughed at men for being foolish and pathetic, hardly ever because a man was genuinely funny. When a woman was around her friends and a man, there were a variety of reasons for laughing but the top three were: The friend had made a funny insult about the man. The friend made a funny joke. Both the friend and the woman think the man is pathetic and foolish.

Knowing the nature of a woman who believes in her importance, and her sneaky little toad, he suspected that her laughter had more to do with making him uncomfortable and covering some other undignified behavior than at the general hilarity of the impish Falcon.

He narrowed his eyes at her and looked ahead. "I know what your people think of my people. I am a Dog of Surahnia, take that as you will, I have no shame in what I am. When I crush your people within our great army, when we are masters of this land, then you may profess our might. Do not profess what it is you do not know, for our might you have not even seen the tip of." The harshness of his words were softened by his tone, which was not at all argumentative as it was calm and observatory. He'd learned how to speak to people too, in his long career within the army.

Falcon whistled.

"I want to see the tip of your might".

This man, he was starting to believe, was not the typical Surahnian soldier. There was something different about him. He seemed to be just a tad off. He had more... dignity, or was it reservedness. He was sure that the soldiers with the longest history within the army were more like Sildred than the younger ones. But Sildred was rather young looking, though who could tell with these Surahs. They all looked alike. Still, a man so young should not be like Sildred was. He wondered what it was that had made him this way. What stopped his face from expressing and his libido from being active? He was determined to find out, and decided that spying on his unit whilst in falcon form was his best bet. Men talked about men behind their backs as well, it was not simply a feminine habit, as men liked to have everyone believe.
Back to top Go down
Aero
Aero

Things that I am :
  • ME Meercat
  • Alarmingly Excellent
  • Dragon Hoarder
  • Gold Hoarder
  • Troll
  • Medium Poster
  • Chatbox Spammer
  • Rebel of Rogue

PostSubject: Re: Guard of Steel, Woman of Silk    Guard of Steel, Woman of Silk  Icon_minitimeWed Apr 25, 2012 7:52 am

She couldn't help one more small laugh from escaping her at Falcon's comment, deciding that she was of the same mind and hazarded a glance at Sildred's hands, quickly gauging their size before deciding that she would probably be impressed with his mighty tip. "Do not misunderstand me, Surah." Deos said lightly, her lips curved in a genuine smile. "My companion simply has a mouth on him that has a way of breaking rather serious situations. I find it quite endearing, though I am sure others do not think the same." Namely, most of the Surahnian soldiers and any unfortunate fool that he'd laughed out of bed in the wee hours of the morning, to name a few. His mouth of course was for more than just prattling on and making inappropriate jokes, but that was not something that Sildred needed -or probably even wanted- to know.

"I may not have been born a Surahnian as you were, but I have pledged my loyalty to His Highness, King Zartear." She followed up after a pause of stone cold silence on Sildred's part, who was apparently not nearly amused as she and Falcon were at his expense. "You are my people now." Her voice grew soft, mulling over the words with just a hint of fondness. "I would wish to do my country no disservice, and though I am not native to your culture, I would hope that perhaps one day it would not be a great leap of faith to consider myself as one of you. I did not realize until… well, this might sound silly, but…" She turned her face away slightly, as if embarrassed before meeting Sildred's eyes once more, apparently having found her courage. "It was as if I never knew what purpose was until I heard what His Majesty had to say. I had grown up in this land where there was no direction to be had, no progress or forward movement. Then the King spoke, and I realized what I had been missing all this time. It is inspiring, isn't it? I almost envy you Surahnians for having already been accustomed to such drive and ambition." For just the smallest of moments, it seemed as if Deorwynn had left herself unguarded, as if she'd let the curtains part that had been hiding her true feelings and let them peek out of that place where they were locked up permanently in her chest. Then the moment was gone, and she idly traced the ridges of Sildred's armor where her hand rested. Perhaps it was genuine, but then again, she was one of the most excellent actresses in the Cove.
Back to top Go down
nen
nen

Things that I am :
  • ME Meercat
  • SR Salamander
  • Alarmingly Excellent
  • Gold Hoarder
  • Bi-Winning
  • Medium Poster
  • Chatbox Spammer
  • Thrall of Zay
  • Upstart of Aero
  • Rebel of Rogue

PostSubject: Re: Guard of Steel, Woman of Silk    Guard of Steel, Woman of Silk  Icon_minitimeWed Apr 25, 2012 2:08 pm

Sildred slowed to a stop at the end of the hall. In front of them was a large bay surrounding the glass doors to the balcony before them. It was beauteous in its simplicity of glass and pane, though the expertly wrought door handle did not escape Sildred's eye. He nodded with approval and gestured toward the balcony. "A fine improvement" he commented and gently removed her hand from his arm. "I've toured the hallway with you. Now I must return to my duties. You seem well within these halls, a woman of your stature has been known to roam by herself" he said, not having missed that she was by herself when she spotted him.

It was nice, and all, that she thought she had purpose with the Surahnians and that Zartear's agenda made her feel something, but that was not Sildred's concern. He was a soldier and he did not get involved with the bureaucracy, of which she was a member. However, she had been polite to him and he knew better than to be crass in return. "My lady" he said and removed his helm, a common courtesy for soldiers to observe with women. His hair was as black as any Surah's, and some of it fell into his face, cropped short as it was, it was pushed back to remain out of his face when he wore the helm. With it tucked underneath the same arm she'd held, he nodded to Falcon (a polite courtesy to be sure, he still hated the little thing) and about faced, walking down the hall.

She had not dismissed him, but soldiers were not servants and could excuse themselves on the premise of duty.

Falcon's eyes had been fixed on the blue expanse beyond the glass. Yes, this was a magnificent addition to this hall. Where had they found skilled enough artisans to make these glass windows? How much did it cost? Then he drifted back into reality and realized that you didn't need to find skilled artisans or money if you'd conquered them. Still, the Surahs had taste. He turned his head ever so slightly to keep Sildred in his gaze, and smiled coyly when the man gave him a nod. As the Surah turned his back and began to walk away, leaving the two by their lonesome his smile widened and he pressed up against his mistress, looking up at her face. "I know what I must do, as I am sure you know what you must do. I will take my leave of you now mistress, but you know how to call me, I am ever within range" he reminded her, in case so long apart had her forget. "I cannot, in good conscious, let you take this challenge blind. I will see what I can find, in the meantime, I'm sure you can find out other things. Tell me how big his might is when I get back" he said and winked at her, peeling away to go for that finely wrought door handle.

He threw it open and ran to the edge of the balcony, stepping up on the railing and jumping into the sky. For a split second it almost seemed as if he was suicidal, but from the silks burst a bird of prey. It screamed in what was most definitely joy as it climbed, circling and flying past the window, heading for the barracks.
Back to top Go down
Aero
Aero

Things that I am :
  • ME Meercat
  • Alarmingly Excellent
  • Dragon Hoarder
  • Gold Hoarder
  • Troll
  • Medium Poster
  • Chatbox Spammer
  • Rebel of Rogue

PostSubject: Re: Guard of Steel, Woman of Silk    Guard of Steel, Woman of Silk  Icon_minitimeFri Aug 03, 2012 8:18 pm

She watched Sildred go, her mind turning over quickly. So, pretending to spill her guts had only managed to get her not-insulted. Just lovely. This was going to be harder than she had first imagined. But, and this was a very important but, she knew that if she could conquer this man, then there would be nobody in the whole of New Surahnia who could withstand her charms. It was just a question of how low she would have to stoop in order to get under this particular bridge. Falcon's speaking brought her out of her thoughts, and she nodded to his initiative, knowing that if anybody in this city could gather reliable information about the personal lives of people who did not want their story seen by outsiders, then it was Falcon. "Good luck." She said to his back, perhaps a bit more dryly than was strictly warranted and watched the balcony long after Falcon had left, alone with her thoughts. Eventually she turned from the view of the city and closed the glass door, heading back to her room and pointedly ignored the rather blatant advances of one of the patrolling soldiers that had appeared now that Sildred was around a corner somewhere. Sometimes it really was troublesome being a beautiful woman.

*~*~*

Once upon a time, Racksom had been a busy industrious city that saw the coming and going of many supplies and was a hub of farming and logging. In recent years, the city had been hit by a number of unfortunate disasters that had crippled its economy and population. Droughts, a plague, and most recently the sacking a burning of a large portion of the city during the fighting, especially in the poor sections of the city that were not made of stone. Signs of the city's former glory lurked in the city still, especially in the Tower Square in the center of the city.

Lady Xercies was examining this tower from the Royal Gardens, her eyes tracing the tall imposing figure rising above every other building on the horizon where one of the five elemental stones was supposed to be held. Until the war had broken out, the tower had simply been a sign of the wealth and power of the Council here in Racksom, a looming figure that supposedly held a legend. Ever since seeing not only a Guardian but a Tribal Battle Blood in the skies on that fateful night, Deos had realized that it was no simple myth contained in that tower, but a real living breathing legend. Or, well, as breathing as a hunk of magically imbued stone could breathe. The point being that she realized the significant advantage that holding Racksom had over whatever sort of force that the Council could muster against Zartear. As a foreigner, the warrior kind probably did not realize the full extent of the impact that holding the mythical stone had, but she was incredibly aware of what it meant. It was with this in mind that she had been walking around the gardens, planning, plotting, and generally just doing what it was she normally did when given free reign with her time. Of course, her very favorite guard was tagging along for the ride, having drawn the misfortune of making sure that nothing incredibly terrible happened to her while court was in recess.

Ha, like she had to worry about the lickspittle weak-willed peasantry of Racksom. If she had a sword, there wasn't a doubt that she could have bested even the most ballsy of bandits that could have had the gall to try and ruin her perfectly good day without so much as wrinkling her elaborate crimson and gold dress. But, unfortunately, Surahnian women did not carry sword, and so she didn't either. The things she did for the sake of appearances… It would be enough to drive a lesser woman to madness, without doubt. But she was no lesser woman, and made it a point to make sure that everyone else knew it; from the way she spoke to the way she carried herself. But, unfortunately, a great deal of her superiority was lost on the mobile brick that called himself Sildred, a point that was not easily forgotten by someone who made a point of resolving such pointy problems as these. "Surah," She began, her voice light and slightly absent as she studied a rose bush with a peculiar mix of yellow and orange blooms "what is your ideology on the subject of the arts and other things that do not strictly pertain to war-making? It is unfortunate to say, but beyond the restoration of the damaged buildings and addition of your own culture's influence, I have seen very little of what your people are like in this area." Deos looked at him over her shoulder, clear grey eyes veiled by thick dark lashes and smiled apologetically. "'Tis a shame, really. You all seem like such very interesting people, and yet the opportunity to experience what you are truly like is so very fleeting." She had no real hopes to entertain a conversation along this line of dialogue, but was instead hoping that Sildred would provide some more of his rather curt logic that she could pick apart for her own amusement to pass the time. After all, her afternoon was completely free.
Back to top Go down
nen
nen

Things that I am :
  • ME Meercat
  • SR Salamander
  • Alarmingly Excellent
  • Gold Hoarder
  • Bi-Winning
  • Medium Poster
  • Chatbox Spammer
  • Thrall of Zay
  • Upstart of Aero
  • Rebel of Rogue

PostSubject: Re: Guard of Steel, Woman of Silk    Guard of Steel, Woman of Silk  Icon_minitimeSat Aug 11, 2012 6:17 pm

He stared at her back a long time before he answered.

Sildred had been minding his patrols when he was told he had to mind this woman. Apparently she'd gone around and asked for a guard, like a proper woman, and the captain had seen that the most loyal and well behaved of soldiers was to keep the lady company on her rounds of the castle. As it happened, Sildred was that soldier, and he wasn't all too happy about it. Still he suffered her presence, her lingering stride, her questions.

He had not known that Falcon had appeared to the woman in the morning stating what an adorable daughter he had. How his wife had passed in Racksom. How he raised his daughter alone, and left her with her maternal grandparents when he had to work. He told her how Sildred sang to his daughter to get her to sleep and what a lovely voice he had. He also told her unnecessary things, like how good he looked without a shirt on and had even ventured to tell her what he thought he might look like 'neath those trousers, but she'd stopped him then, if only because Falcon had seen nothing of that nature and was supposing. He could keep her in her room all day in tears with his suppositions.

"Those with the gifts to bring us art and song are greatly appreciated, but they are no more valued than any other Surahnian. They too must go into the Army and prove their worth as a man or woman." He had been one of those proficient in song, but in ravaged Surahnia, they cared not about song or art so much as the sword, and he'd learned quickly. Granted, on the ships, singing rallied the men, and kept them from downward spiral into depression. "We appreciate craftsmen and artists, singers and dancers... they all have their place outside of the Army, but no Surahnian is exempt. Our King even spent his time as part of our Legion." He cupped a flower, rubbing a thumb across a petal. "You would see it perhaps during a time of celebration, or a festival of sorts. We are not the kind of people that grow fat and celebrate every day. We are not the kind that sit around with our heads in the sand. We are ever prepared for opposition... but we have a culture," he smirked "a greatly cloistered one, but it is there."
Back to top Go down
Aero
Aero

Things that I am :
  • ME Meercat
  • Alarmingly Excellent
  • Dragon Hoarder
  • Gold Hoarder
  • Troll
  • Medium Poster
  • Chatbox Spammer
  • Rebel of Rogue

PostSubject: Re: Guard of Steel, Woman of Silk    Guard of Steel, Woman of Silk  Icon_minitimeSat Mar 02, 2013 12:09 pm

Though feigning absent attention, Deorwynn actually paid close heed to what Sildred was saying. She asked a few more questions, inquiring about the trivial things of Surahnian society like their social structure (or lack thereof) and how they passed the time when not waging war. Information was her sharpest weapon, and confirming what she'd already learned from hearsay and rumors with words from a more or less reputable source like Sildred might prove to be enough to keep her from stepping in a cultural hole should she ever have to parlay with those in higher stations. Eventually, however, her time was at an end. There were dignitaries to meet and papers to be reviewed and precious time in which to do both. For as little emotion as he displayed, she could tell that Sildred was more than happy to wash his hands of her. Privately she smiled to herself at that, glad that she could at least fluster the stoic soldier even if it wasn't entirely what she was after.

Once the meetings were done Deorwynn headed back to her room and opened the window before she began dressing down, closing the door behind her and simply waited. She knew that before long her window sill would be darkened by a certain bird and until then busied herself with the work of unbuckling, unclasping, and untying the various parts of her dress.
Back to top Go down
nen
nen

Things that I am :
  • ME Meercat
  • SR Salamander
  • Alarmingly Excellent
  • Gold Hoarder
  • Bi-Winning
  • Medium Poster
  • Chatbox Spammer
  • Thrall of Zay
  • Upstart of Aero
  • Rebel of Rogue

PostSubject: Re: Guard of Steel, Woman of Silk    Guard of Steel, Woman of Silk  Icon_minitimeSun Apr 07, 2013 6:49 pm

The only sound heralding Falcon's arrival was the sigh of feathers. He shapeshifted midlanding and reached out to undo the laces of his mistress's corset. "I'd think you'd stop using these things, mistress. I mean, your figure is perfect, from a life of being stuff, prodded and pinched, you've achieved physical perfection." He removed her corset and wrapped it around his own midriff. "I think it would look rather good on my person." It was the only piece of clothing he truly enjoyed. "Wouldn't that be lovely?" He pranced around her so she could see him wrapped up in her corset. "I'd be so lovely, wouldn't I? We can play dress up. Make a little lady out of me yes?" He liked it better when he wasn't female but was dressed like one. There was an element of taboo he enjoyed.
Back to top Go down
Aero
Aero

Things that I am :
  • ME Meercat
  • Alarmingly Excellent
  • Dragon Hoarder
  • Gold Hoarder
  • Troll
  • Medium Poster
  • Chatbox Spammer
  • Rebel of Rogue

PostSubject: Re: Guard of Steel, Woman of Silk    Guard of Steel, Woman of Silk  Icon_minitimeMon Apr 08, 2013 2:10 am

"Believe it or not, I rather missed these particular trappings." She replied with a smile and quickly snatched the ends of the corset's strings as he passed by, tying them off with a deft turn of her fingers. "Ah Falcon, you are lovely in any form you take and in most anything you choose to wear. Do not fish for compliments, my pet. You know the answers." But she was on the brink of a giggle, that light tone the spoke of the honesty she didn't normally indulge in. Lifting her hair she wrangled it into a simple knot and sat at the stool of her vanity, removing her earrings and the last of her jewelry in little more than a thin shift. "I thought that meeting with the King's dignitaries would be an enlightening and upbeat experience. These men are all bark. They have no mind for the subtleties of politics." She scoffed, frowning at herself in the mirror then sighed. "But alas, they are the ones with the army. My pet, I have a sudden desire to cause a stir. All of this humdrum is fraying my patience for men that are content to act like fence posts." She looked at Falcon over her shoulder, tilting her head slightly. "You remember my favorite guard? Tell me, how lovely is his little girl?"
Back to top Go down
nen
nen

Things that I am :
  • ME Meercat
  • SR Salamander
  • Alarmingly Excellent
  • Gold Hoarder
  • Bi-Winning
  • Medium Poster
  • Chatbox Spammer
  • Thrall of Zay
  • Upstart of Aero
  • Rebel of Rogue

PostSubject: Re: Guard of Steel, Woman of Silk    Guard of Steel, Woman of Silk  Icon_minitimeTue Apr 09, 2013 6:33 pm

Falcon put his hands on what was now a very fashionable waist. "Well. She stays with what I assume to be her dead mother's family when Sildred is at work. When he comes home, he fetches her from her grandparents' and spends what little time they have doing cute things like taking her to market and playing tea party. The child is just like him, quiet and severe. Two of the most serious princesses having tea, it's such a shame." He walked over to a mirror and turned this way and that, eyeing himself, head cocked. "Then, after supper, he they lie together in his bed, because he lives in a very small house, and he sings her to sleep." Falcon looked at Deos from over his shoulder. "He's got the kind of voice to melt a proper lady's bloomers." He fanned himself and fake swooned. "Anyway, he's emotionally dependent on her. His wife died in Racksom and he's not over it by a longshot. He takes out a lot of his aggression in the practice field, and pours all his love onto his daughter who, if I'm not mistaken, apparently is a spitting image of her mother." Falcon walked over to the bed and climbed on it, sitting primly on the edge waiting for his praise.
Back to top Go down
Aero
Aero

Things that I am :
  • ME Meercat
  • Alarmingly Excellent
  • Dragon Hoarder
  • Gold Hoarder
  • Troll
  • Medium Poster
  • Chatbox Spammer
  • Rebel of Rogue

PostSubject: Re: Guard of Steel, Woman of Silk    Guard of Steel, Woman of Silk  Icon_minitimeWed Apr 10, 2013 1:25 am

She listened with an attentive ear, a small twitch of a smile gracing her lips. "He sounds like such a sweet heart. His daughter is a very lucky girl. Good job Falcon." Deos ran her fingers through his fine hair briefly before moving to the window, crossing her arms over her chest and stared out over the city below, drawing up a mental map of the city. "It would be a shame is she were somehow misplaced." Her tone was thoughtful and drawn out, tapping her lip thoughtfully as she considered what Falcon had told her. "Hmm, a dead wife complex. Well, that would certainly explain why he has shown about as much interest in women as a castrate. It is very much the same thing. Well." Touching the edge of her balcony window, remained silent for a moment, working out some plan then turned on her heel and headed back inside the room. "Well." She began again, taking a few measured steps toward the bed. "Let us have some fun with my very favorite guard. A man needs to get himself between a good pair of thighs every once in a while. It would simply be impertinent of me to ignore how desperately he needs a little release. I know, I am entirely too generous, giving a man such as him a second thought and a favor besides, but that's just the sort of woman I am. He has, after all, taken such good care of me." With a devious grin she sank to the bed, wrapping her arms loosely around Falcon's shoulders. "It's getting him to said pair of thighs that will be the trick. Perhaps his little daughter could provide the right incentive for dear old Surah Sildred to explore the more compelling side of Racksom, don't you think? Perhaps the Burly Maid would be to his taste. I think that the fine women of the White Lilly would scare him off entirely. Baby steps."
Back to top Go down
nen
nen

Things that I am :
  • ME Meercat
  • SR Salamander
  • Alarmingly Excellent
  • Gold Hoarder
  • Bi-Winning
  • Medium Poster
  • Chatbox Spammer
  • Thrall of Zay
  • Upstart of Aero
  • Rebel of Rogue

PostSubject: Re: Guard of Steel, Woman of Silk    Guard of Steel, Woman of Silk  Icon_minitimeWed Apr 17, 2013 8:21 pm

Falcon chuckled. "I'll have to find the perfect thief and leave a trail of breadcrumbs even a thickheaded surah could follow. Such work, dearest mistress." He gravitated toward her, nestling against Deos and closing his eyes. "The gift should be anonymous, we don't want Sildred thinking that you'll keep providing this service for him." It wasn't that Falcon thought she'd overlooked that, he was merely thinking out loud. "I think I know a man that can spirit a girl child away and secrete her within a fine establishment such as the Burly Maid, not that my dearest Lady was thinking along thos"e lines." Every so often, Falcon would remain in Deos's bed, to sleep like a human. He enjoyed it, but for the most part remained a falcon when it came time to go to sleep. Being caught off guard and unable to flee was not something of which Falcon wanted to experience. "I think I'll stay to keep you safe from bands of surah guards. They're just unruly." Not really, but they seemed to think they had a place high enough to allow them to bother with noble ladies like Deorwynn. Brutes.
Back to top Go down
Aero
Aero

Things that I am :
  • ME Meercat
  • Alarmingly Excellent
  • Dragon Hoarder
  • Gold Hoarder
  • Troll
  • Medium Poster
  • Chatbox Spammer
  • Rebel of Rogue

PostSubject: Re: Guard of Steel, Woman of Silk    Guard of Steel, Woman of Silk  Icon_minitimeThu Apr 18, 2013 1:23 am

"Oh of course. A lady of my repute would never suggest such a thing, so it would hardly do to leave a calling card." She smiled to herself at the jest, tightening her arms slightly around Falcon's shoulders and staring blankly at the opposite wall. "I almost pity whatever poor fool that you have lined up for this little scandal." She sighed and leaned back, releasing Falcon and settling herself on the bed with her hands folded over her stomach. "An angry Surah is a dangerous thing. He had either be able to run fast or fight well. Although, perhaps a little bloodshed would be amusing as well. Ah, I suppose I'll just see what happens. I leave the task to you, my pet." And indeed, she did trust him whole heartedly to get the task done. She knew precisely where his loyalties lay, and exactly the sort of skill set he had. Convincing someone else to do his dirty work for him was well within Falcon's range of abilities. But in the meantime… "I think I'll have a bath. Care to join?"

For once in his ill-gotten life, Russell was not, in fact, up to trouble. Or, not at the moment anyway, but trouble had a way of gravitating toward him at inconvenient times. He was a simple observer, keeping his head down and just taking note of the state of Racksom since the Surahnian takeover. With a simple illusion to cast him as black haired and fair-skinned, he fit in well enough to the new demographic, even if he weren't a towering beast of a man like most of the soldiers here. The peace of his day and the simple exploration of the city was interrupted however when he heard the familiar beat of wings heading his way. And there came trouble. Right on cue.
Back to top Go down
nen
nen

Things that I am :
  • ME Meercat
  • SR Salamander
  • Alarmingly Excellent
  • Gold Hoarder
  • Bi-Winning
  • Medium Poster
  • Chatbox Spammer
  • Thrall of Zay
  • Upstart of Aero
  • Rebel of Rogue

PostSubject: Re: Guard of Steel, Woman of Silk    Guard of Steel, Woman of Silk  Icon_minitimeThu May 02, 2013 10:36 pm

The bath with his mistress had been good fun which was, of course, not proper. Ladies and her servants did not have 'fun' in the bath, but what was lovely about Lady Xerceis, is that what was proper did not often bother her in her own privacy. If it were up to his Mistress, she would be the Queen of this land, and would dictate what was proper just to watch the insufferable men of this island cringe. She could be so very contrary. The Lady needed no man, but she enjoyed them. The way the strutted and spoke, the way they tried to make themselves seem important. Men were always marching to a tune to impress women they thought so little of. Men fighting for power to have the best land to impress the people and the Lady that was to be his. All a game of egos to prove himself the most fit to reproduce. Men.

Falcon would have grinned, were he not following a Man he'd come to enjoy in his Mistress's absence.

He shapeshifted mid-landing and looked up at Russell. "You wear that skin well, but you still walk the same." He grinned now, and crossed in front of him, blocking his path. "First, give me your shirt, second, we should find somewhere private."
Back to top Go down
Aero
Aero

Things that I am :
  • ME Meercat
  • Alarmingly Excellent
  • Dragon Hoarder
  • Gold Hoarder
  • Troll
  • Medium Poster
  • Chatbox Spammer
  • Rebel of Rogue

PostSubject: Re: Guard of Steel, Woman of Silk    Guard of Steel, Woman of Silk  Icon_minitimeSat Sep 21, 2013 6:23 pm

As much fun as it would be to deny Falcon the simple pleasure of not giving him a shirt to cover his nakedness with, Russell was keenly aware that they were being stared at. Rather intensely, too. Though, from his brief stay in Racksom, he had come to find that intensely was the the only way that these Surahnians knew how to do anything. With a sigh for dramatic effect, he quickly pulled his shirt over his head and tossed it quickly at Falcon. He had his leathers on underneath the over-sized shirt, so had to devote some of his concentration to making it look like he had another shirt on underneath lest the locals get suspicious and start stabbing him with pointy things. "You need a tiny backpack to keep a pair of pants in." He muttered with a faint hint of humor to his voice, much deeper than normal in order to fit with his Surahnian persona. He started walking in the direction he had been going, trusting Falcon to follow along. "Come on."

He hadn't had time to canvass the city to look for hidey holes, but he had been here long enough to secure a room at a local tavern, and that's exactly the place where he was going to take Falcon. "Didn't think I'd ever see you outside of Kaionar." He commented idly as he opened the door to his room, flashing Falcon a cheeky grin. "Get bored of the place and decided to make a new nest here?"
Back to top Go down
nen
nen

Things that I am :
  • ME Meercat
  • SR Salamander
  • Alarmingly Excellent
  • Gold Hoarder
  • Bi-Winning
  • Medium Poster
  • Chatbox Spammer
  • Thrall of Zay
  • Upstart of Aero
  • Rebel of Rogue

PostSubject: Re: Guard of Steel, Woman of Silk    Guard of Steel, Woman of Silk  Icon_minitimeSun Jan 12, 2014 6:22 pm

Falcon tittered. As much as it sounded like the truth, it wasn't he who'd gotten bored with just Kaionar, the city of thieves. His mistress had wanted not only to rule her city, but to have a higher stake in the ruling game going on in the land at the moment. Wherever his mistress went, Falcon followed, her dutiful avatar.

"I have a job for your particular skillset, dearest. And as it happens, the job is rather easy and you have little else to do but do as you're told and collect your pay."

His smile was slow and wide. "Would you like to know the object or the pay first?"

Life was a game, and for Falcon, it was always played with the intent of making good men do bad things. Deos had taught him that. Destroying good men, or at least maiming them is what gave the term "wounded warrior" such life.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Guard of Steel, Woman of Silk    Guard of Steel, Woman of Silk  Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Guard of Steel, Woman of Silk
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next