Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

[Ger & Sil] A Soldier's Life For Me

Go down 
2 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Eliza
Eliza

Things that I am :
  • Gold Hoarder
  • Medium Poster
  • Really Too Kind
  • Thrall of Zay
  • Rebel of Rogue

Female Loveliness : 8

[Ger & Sil] A Soldier's Life For Me Empty
PostSubject: [Ger & Sil] A Soldier's Life For Me   [Ger & Sil] A Soldier's Life For Me Icon_minitimeSun Apr 22, 2012 5:53 pm

Well, this was awkward. She was just about one of the tallest people in the mess hall and that, from her point of view, was just plain weird. Being sociable wasn't all that easy either. 'Mother have mercy, I didn't think joining the army was going to be so nerve-wracking.' Battle was easy to handle, obeying ill-tempered superiors was feasible as well, but having to speak to others now and again was not that easy with everyone being total strangers.

Despite being guarded around so many new people, she was still quite happy to be there. Nobody seemed to have any idea that she was any different from any other soldier in the room other than her height, and that was good enough for her. Someone a short distance away from her randomly spouted out a joke and for all it was worth, crass punchline and all, it earned a laugh or two. 'If only I could find something to pass the time besides sit here and look anxious.'

[OOC: Forgive the crappiness please!]

Last edited by ElizaFlame13 on Tue May 22, 2012 2:50 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
nen
nen

Things that I am :
  • ME Meercat
  • SR Salamander
  • Alarmingly Excellent
  • Gold Hoarder
  • Bi-Winning
  • Medium Poster
  • Chatbox Spammer
  • Thrall of Zay
  • Upstart of Aero
  • Rebel of Rogue

Male Loveliness : 8

PostSubject: Re: [Ger & Sil] A Soldier's Life For Me   [Ger & Sil] A Soldier's Life For Me Icon_minitimeSun Apr 22, 2012 6:20 pm

Sil wasn't the sort to crack a crass joke for a bunch of buddies. He wasn't completely antisocial, but it was known that he was quiet. If he did get talking, it was mostly about his daughter, or about their superiors or something. The man just didn't have a personal life, not that anyone knew of anyway. Some of the talking died down when the second largest person in the army walked in (The Lion being the first largest). Sil looked up from his food to see who was it... Geronimo? Yes, this man was part of The Lion's unit. He looked around and then at Ger. It seemed like he was lost and Sil beckoned him over.

"Come, sit and eat" he said.

He wanted to make Ger feel at home, because like it or not, he'd be in the vanguard more often than not, being a shield and sword for Sil and the men in his unit and others. It would do well to make nice with people in The Lion's unit.
Back to top Go down
Eliza
Eliza

Things that I am :
  • Gold Hoarder
  • Medium Poster
  • Really Too Kind
  • Thrall of Zay
  • Rebel of Rogue

PostSubject: Re: [Ger & Sil] A Soldier's Life For Me   [Ger & Sil] A Soldier's Life For Me Icon_minitimeSun Apr 22, 2012 6:41 pm

Upon sitting she first asked a question that in her mind sounded confused, but after being spoken it sounded rather stupid. "Have these men never seen one of their own before? You'd swear I was the devil walking through the door." Of course at the latter part it was difficult to hold back a smile, for there was a time when she'd spar with her older brothers and they'd call her a little devil. Then again, the answer might've been that she was possibly the biggest person in the entire hall.

"So who might you be?" Being the new recruit was usually bad, but being nearly a giant AND being new really didn't make it easy. But when did Geronimo ever want things to be easy? The answer to that question was never. Now to see if anyone knew her commanding officer. "Do you know much about The Lion?" Better to learn about him before running into him, lest she make a horrendous first impression by pissing him off accidentally.
Back to top Go down
nen
nen

Things that I am :
  • ME Meercat
  • SR Salamander
  • Alarmingly Excellent
  • Gold Hoarder
  • Bi-Winning
  • Medium Poster
  • Chatbox Spammer
  • Thrall of Zay
  • Upstart of Aero
  • Rebel of Rogue

PostSubject: Re: [Ger & Sil] A Soldier's Life For Me   [Ger & Sil] A Soldier's Life For Me Icon_minitimeSun Apr 22, 2012 9:04 pm

He handled Ger's question one at a time. Methodical as always, deciding the new recruit needed order because he was complete chaos at the moment. "You're a tall, large, redheaded man. If you look around the hall, you'll see we all tend to look the same where coloring is concerned, and we're a lot paler than you" he said. "So... you're different... and you're new, it's hard, but it'll work out. You're with the Lion, whom I do know, from afar" he said. "My name is Sildred Praxus, I'm in a different unit, but my unit's near yours, because I've had the Lion's little dragon, Kvinna, chew up my boots" he said and chuckled.

He pushed some food toward Geronimo. "And you are called Geronimo, yes?" he asked. "Rumors travel fast in the army, so does information" he explained.

"About your unit leader, well... he works his men to exhaustion, he expects a lot out of them. He is strong-minded and bigger than you. Blond too. He's from way up North, and if you think my accent is bad, wait until you hear his..." he said. "The only thing you have to know, is that you shouldn't piss him off, not that it's easy to, unless your name is Atoro".
Back to top Go down
Eliza
Eliza

Things that I am :
  • Gold Hoarder
  • Medium Poster
  • Really Too Kind
  • Thrall of Zay
  • Rebel of Rogue

PostSubject: Re: [Ger & Sil] A Soldier's Life For Me   [Ger & Sil] A Soldier's Life For Me Icon_minitimeSun Apr 22, 2012 9:42 pm

"That'd be my name, and it seems rumors travel fast no matter where you are. I traveled down here from Golam to join the army." She listened intently to what Sildred said about the dragon and about making her superior angry. Then she proceeded to laugh about the dragon chewing up the boots. "Ah, most things that start off little also start as a handful of trouble coupled with many sleepless nights."

"Pissing off my superior shouldn't be a problem then. I'd hate to be this "Atoro" if what you say is true about him." The name itself felt rather slimy when she spoke it, whether it was because it was a foreign name to her or it just didn't sound right she had no clue. Likely it was a combination of both. "And if he works his men that hard then my time here will be well spent." Just the idea of working from sunup to sundown made her smile. Maybe she'd be able to get some time working in a forge.
Back to top Go down
nen
nen

Things that I am :
  • ME Meercat
  • SR Salamander
  • Alarmingly Excellent
  • Gold Hoarder
  • Bi-Winning
  • Medium Poster
  • Chatbox Spammer
  • Thrall of Zay
  • Upstart of Aero
  • Rebel of Rogue

PostSubject: Re: [Ger & Sil] A Soldier's Life For Me   [Ger & Sil] A Soldier's Life For Me Icon_minitimeSun Apr 29, 2012 2:04 am

Sil smiled wanly. "Seems you're made for the Army then, you'll have no problems fitting in. Most of us are used to only ever seeing a Surahnian beside us, battle ready, but we'll get used to you island-born citizens, all for the good of New Surahnia" he said and picked a piece of sausage off his plate, taking a bite out of it and chewing. "Might want to bolt your food, it's not often we get to laze around eating" he said. Today, though, was an unofficial day off for Sildred. He didn't get enough time with his daughter, and his unit leader was sympathetic. He'd lost his wife in Racksom after all.

"I'm afraid I won't be here very long to induct you into the Army unofficially or anything, but I can invite you to my home, we can have dinner with my daughter. It would be good for her to start getting used to 'other' soldiers besides us Surahnians" he said. Smiled. "She's two, my little girl. Her name's Tilenaia. You got a family? Kids a woman?" he asked.

It was normal for the men to join from Dragon's Cove to have a wife and children, and although talking of his own depressed him, Sildred liked to hear men talk of their families. It personalized them, to him.
Back to top Go down
Eliza
Eliza

Things that I am :
  • Gold Hoarder
  • Medium Poster
  • Really Too Kind
  • Thrall of Zay
  • Rebel of Rogue

PostSubject: Re: [Ger & Sil] A Soldier's Life For Me   [Ger & Sil] A Soldier's Life For Me Icon_minitimeSun Apr 29, 2012 2:42 am

"She sounds wonderful. I'd be honored to stop by sometime." She smiled for a brief moment then it went away. "I have nine brothers, and a mother and father. No spouse, no children. You could say I'm married to my work. Before I came here I ran a blacksmith shop." When she was told to eat, she did. At least until she heard a ruckus outside and raised an eyebrow. "Now what could that be?" There was a catlike roar and one or two people screaming and she put them together. For a moment she rolled her eyes and wondered why her companions always had to cause trouble.

"Oh perfect. Well Sildred, you might just get to meet the closest things I will likely ever have to children: Orran and Achilles. Shall we venture out to survey the damage?" Meanwhile outside Orran had gotten a little testy and spooked a couple of frightened foot soldiers. That was the commotion, and he didn't see why humans had to be so skittish and panicky.
Back to top Go down
nen
nen

Things that I am :
  • ME Meercat
  • SR Salamander
  • Alarmingly Excellent
  • Gold Hoarder
  • Bi-Winning
  • Medium Poster
  • Chatbox Spammer
  • Thrall of Zay
  • Upstart of Aero
  • Rebel of Rogue

PostSubject: Re: [Ger & Sil] A Soldier's Life For Me   [Ger & Sil] A Soldier's Life For Me Icon_minitimeSun Apr 29, 2012 2:54 am

Sil ticked a brow up and took his plate of sausages with him. What did carnivorous creatures like better than sausages, besides the common foot soldier. So, the newcomer had brought two animal companions with him. As they exited the mess hall, he corrected himself. A pet and a dragon. At least, he was sure it was a dragon. It looked like a big lizard, but it was always safe to assume that a big lizard looking thing, and any animal that just didn't look right was a dragon.

"Keep a handle on your companions, or you'll find them in the kennels" he warned as he put the plate of sausage links down. "That's a beautiful animal" he said, pointing to the big cat. He was proud to say he'd seen pictures of those, and hadn't thought them so populous as to even show up in such an isolated island as this. Then again, this cat did look different from the ones he'd seen. It could be an island species that differed only slightly. "And... does your er... dragon friend have a name?" he asked.

Back to top Go down
Eliza
Eliza

Things that I am :
  • Gold Hoarder
  • Medium Poster
  • Really Too Kind
  • Thrall of Zay
  • Rebel of Rogue

PostSubject: Re: [Ger & Sil] A Soldier's Life For Me   [Ger & Sil] A Soldier's Life For Me Icon_minitimeSun Apr 29, 2012 3:24 am

"The dragon is Orran, and the Jaguar is Achilles." she stated. "Achilles roams where he pleases but he obeys well enough. Orran, well, he's a stick in the mud; he won't cause undue problems." This was very awkward. Orran speaking only made it worse. "You are such a pain to track, Ger, you know that? Sure your hair makes it obvious but can you not sit still for 5 minutes?!"

Okay, that just made this the most awkward 15 seconds of her life. "Very funny Orran, now go find something to eat you're getting cranky again." With that her older companion wandered off leaving just the curious feline predator. "Told ya he was a stick in the mud. You can get a closer look at Achilles if he interests you that much. Though I'm inclined to warn you: you can take an animal outta the wild but you can't take the wild outta the animal."
Back to top Go down
nen
nen

Things that I am :
  • ME Meercat
  • SR Salamander
  • Alarmingly Excellent
  • Gold Hoarder
  • Bi-Winning
  • Medium Poster
  • Chatbox Spammer
  • Thrall of Zay
  • Upstart of Aero
  • Rebel of Rogue

PostSubject: Re: [Ger & Sil] A Soldier's Life For Me   [Ger & Sil] A Soldier's Life For Me Icon_minitimeSun Apr 29, 2012 4:45 pm

Sil chuckled. He'd heard dragons speak before, and seeing something so little scold big Ger was amusing. He watched Orran leave and looked to Achilles, nudged the plate of sausages closer to him and looked at Ger over his shoulder. "No I think that's alright. I fancy having all my fingers and toes, else how can I play with my daughter proper?" he asked. He patted Ger on the shoulder. "If you've nowhere to go at the moment, you can come with me. Enjoy this leisure, because when the Lion gets hold of you, you won't know what day it is, just that your body is punished" he said.

He'd seen and heard the stories. He'd watched the men just train and eat, their only reprieve was to wash and make use of the latrines. They did everything in routine, but the training was always something unexpected. Although the training was routine, there was nothing routine about what went on during that training. When they had their time off, men spent it either sleeping, or fucking their wives. Mostly, though, they just relaxed as much as they could and talked about how sore or good their bodies felt.
Back to top Go down
Eliza
Eliza

Things that I am :
  • Gold Hoarder
  • Medium Poster
  • Really Too Kind
  • Thrall of Zay
  • Rebel of Rogue

PostSubject: Re: [Ger & Sil] A Soldier's Life For Me   [Ger & Sil] A Soldier's Life For Me Icon_minitimeSun Apr 29, 2012 5:56 pm

With a nonchalant shrug, she watched her precious cat for a moment to make sure he didn't try to have a nip at Sildred. Thankfully he lost interest and she easily picked him up in her arms like a child would a kitten. "Well, insane training or not I'm here till I die. We'll just see how bad this training is; life's not worth much if you don't challenge yourself." Achilles gave a disgruntled sort of meow and swished his tail back and forth.

Looking around things were like any other army encampment: soldiers, mess hall, training grounds. There were a few dragons scattered about but that was the only abnormal thing. "So what's your little one like? She must be wonderful." At least she'd made an acquaintance today, that was more than could be said for Orran, who was still a tiny little thing for all his maturity, as he came flying back to Ger and curled around her neck. "So who are you?" he asked looking at Sildred as if daring him to get closer to his beloved human.
Back to top Go down
nen
nen

Things that I am :
  • ME Meercat
  • SR Salamander
  • Alarmingly Excellent
  • Gold Hoarder
  • Bi-Winning
  • Medium Poster
  • Chatbox Spammer
  • Thrall of Zay
  • Upstart of Aero
  • Rebel of Rogue

PostSubject: Re: [Ger & Sil] A Soldier's Life For Me   [Ger & Sil] A Soldier's Life For Me Icon_minitimeSun May 06, 2012 3:26 pm

Sildred had more patience than most Surahs. It was probably because it was his nature, because he was a father, and because he was loyal. He knew his place as a Surah, and he knew the goals of the army. He was not racist, though he did believe that his people were mightier than others. He wasn't a bigot, even if he did believe women had their place in society. He smiled wanly at Orran. "I am Sildred Praxus, a soldier in the army" he told Orran. He gave the big cat a once over and made a certain face. It was the kind that said: I am not going to let you take that near my daughter.

"My daughter is a petite two year old, much more serious than other two year olds. She's shy with strangers, but she warms up quickly. Don't baby talk to her, she knows how to speak" he said and gestured at the cat. "If it tries to harm her, you will find yourself with a new fur coat".
Back to top Go down
Eliza
Eliza

Things that I am :
  • Gold Hoarder
  • Medium Poster
  • Really Too Kind
  • Thrall of Zay
  • Rebel of Rogue

PostSubject: Re: [Ger & Sil] A Soldier's Life For Me   [Ger & Sil] A Soldier's Life For Me Icon_minitimeThu May 10, 2012 11:59 pm

She gave a nonchalant shrug. "If he attacks her by all means make him into a coat. He should know better than to do such things, but to remove temptation I'll find somewhere to keep him. Orran on the other hand has no problem with children." On that note she added one last joke. "Or perhaps a rug, I don't think Achilles is quite large enough to be a coat for a grown man."

Even Orran couldn't resist laughing and hid somewhat behind his surrogate parent in doing so. He hated the way he looked when he started laughing, he even snorted now and again. "Where we going somewhere with him, Ger?" he asked curiously. He had heard what Sildred said about having a little one of his own and he was eager to see this tiny Surhanian. Not like he'd let his excitement be known, for in his own right he thought he was a rather tough looking dragon.
Back to top Go down
nen
nen

Things that I am :
  • ME Meercat
  • SR Salamander
  • Alarmingly Excellent
  • Gold Hoarder
  • Bi-Winning
  • Medium Poster
  • Chatbox Spammer
  • Thrall of Zay
  • Upstart of Aero
  • Rebel of Rogue

PostSubject: Re: [Ger & Sil] A Soldier's Life For Me   [Ger & Sil] A Soldier's Life For Me Icon_minitimeFri May 18, 2012 5:43 pm

He was an interesting dragon, to say the least. He wouldn't really go so far as to call him tough looking. In fact, he was quite sure his daughter would be charmed with the little thing, much to the detriment of its ego. "I'm picking her up from her Opa's residence" he said and led the way, figuring the other man would follow. "She stays with her mother's parents when I am working, otherwise she stays with me... unfortunately she stays more at her Opa's residence than she does mine, but I make sure to make up time" he said. Always, and he was never too manly to participate in any of her little girl games. He figured, when she got older, that he'd probably be skipping rope and teaching her to use a bow, something a mother would do for a daughter.
Back to top Go down
Eliza
Eliza

Things that I am :
  • Gold Hoarder
  • Medium Poster
  • Really Too Kind
  • Thrall of Zay
  • Rebel of Rogue

PostSubject: Re: [Ger & Sil] A Soldier's Life For Me   [Ger & Sil] A Soldier's Life For Me Icon_minitimeThu May 31, 2012 7:52 pm

"Is she one of those kids what when she finds something she likes she squeezes it to death?" Orran squeaked quietly. It didn't exactly register to Geronimo what her little dragon was asking until she thought it over and laughed. "At first I don't think you'll have any trouble avoiding being crushed to death by a toddler, my friend. Once she gets a bit bigger I don't think much will stop her from wanting to drag you about like a stuffed toy."

That did not bode well for him and he shivered from his place around Geronimo's neck. He then remembered that Tilly was a quiet sort at first and then if she liked someone she warmed up. At either end of the spectrum he was scared he was going to be squeezed and loved to death by a sweet little toddler. With Geronimo around he didn't exactly feel so unsafe, but there was still a small chance that she'd leave him alone with Tilly.
Back to top Go down
nen
nen

Things that I am :
  • ME Meercat
  • SR Salamander
  • Alarmingly Excellent
  • Gold Hoarder
  • Bi-Winning
  • Medium Poster
  • Chatbox Spammer
  • Thrall of Zay
  • Upstart of Aero
  • Rebel of Rogue

PostSubject: Re: [Ger & Sil] A Soldier's Life For Me   [Ger & Sil] A Soldier's Life For Me Icon_minitimeThu May 31, 2012 9:05 pm

"My daughter is the careful sort" he replied. She'd always been careful, which had amused both her mother and himself. His smile slipped some when he thought of his sweet wife. He would never have thought she'd meet her end before they could even raise their daughter. He'd always pictured it differently, where he was the one dead and his wife in mourning. Though it displeased him to think of it so, at least he'd had the reassurance that they'd be with family and supported. It was cruel to have it the other way around, where he was an island unto himself, sometimes touching base with her family, but for the most part alone.

They arrived at Tilenaia's Opa's house, and Sil waited patiently at the door after announcing himself. The grandfather appeared, had a short talk with Sil in Surahnian. They happened to be on amiable terms, from what it looked like. Shortly after their conversation, Tilenaia was ushered to the door with a bag of her things. Upon spotting her father she held up her arms and Sil scooped down to pick her up. She hugged him around the neck and Sil kissed her cheek. She returned the gesture and laid her head on his shoulder. Only then did he remember his new acquaintance and he gestured for him to follow.
Back to top Go down
Eliza
Eliza

Things that I am :
  • Gold Hoarder
  • Medium Poster
  • Really Too Kind
  • Thrall of Zay
  • Rebel of Rogue

PostSubject: Re: [Ger & Sil] A Soldier's Life For Me   [Ger & Sil] A Soldier's Life For Me Icon_minitimeFri Jun 01, 2012 3:44 am

Upon seeing the little one Orran's eyes lit up and he fluttered over to say hello. "Hello there little Tilly." he chirped quietly. He tried to look friendly, and remembered the "no baby talk" warning. He sat fluttering for a moment or two just studying her then looked at Ger. "I like this one already!" Geronimo could see why: little Tilenaia was an absolute doll. Definitely not the type to misbehave from what she could see. "I can sort of see why Orran."

Orran continued to try cuddling up to the little toddler a while longer then returned to perching on Ger's shoulder. First impressions of Tilly were very good for both human and dragon. Sil was raising her well thus far. She followed along behind him quietly and took in the surrounding area once again. "So is there anyone I should avoid around here? Any advice is more than welcome."
Back to top Go down
nen
nen

Things that I am :
  • ME Meercat
  • SR Salamander
  • Alarmingly Excellent
  • Gold Hoarder
  • Bi-Winning
  • Medium Poster
  • Chatbox Spammer
  • Thrall of Zay
  • Upstart of Aero
  • Rebel of Rogue

PostSubject: Re: [Ger & Sil] A Soldier's Life For Me   [Ger & Sil] A Soldier's Life For Me Icon_minitimeSun Jun 17, 2012 10:48 pm

Tilenaia had tentatively touched Orran, but didn't talk back to him, or the redheaded man. She clung to her father's neck and Sildred comforted her merely by being there, strong and warm and solid.

"Ha!" Sildred looked over his shoulder. "Most of us learned our lesson with the Barbarian, I don't think you'll be bothered, but if you are, just beat whoever it is senseless, but in a clandestine location. The last thing you want is to do it publicly and be whipped for insurrection". They arrived at his home and he ducked into it, gesturing for Ger to follow. He put Tilenaia down and the girl ran off to her room to set up her dolls.

Sil gestured for the man to sit.

"That you're friendly with me will go over well with others. Apparently I'm someone to be looked up to...".

The way he said it sounded like he didn't agree, but he wasn't about to contest it. He let people believe what they wanted to.
Back to top Go down
Eliza
Eliza

Things that I am :
  • Gold Hoarder
  • Medium Poster
  • Really Too Kind
  • Thrall of Zay
  • Rebel of Rogue

PostSubject: Re: [Ger & Sil] A Soldier's Life For Me   [Ger & Sil] A Soldier's Life For Me Icon_minitimeMon Jun 18, 2012 4:04 am

"You're easy to get along with in my experience." Sadly she noticed the door frame too late and ran into it. "Low door frames, I hate them." she muttered. Orran flew in behind Sildred and took off after the little human. This little one was a curiously quiet creature, he wanted to learn more about her. Meanwhile Ger sat down and looked around after her vision went back to normal. "Anyone who doesn't like me can tell me to my face. Whether I floor them or not is a circumstantial discretion-based decision. Though I will remember to leave no witnesses." she added with a joking grin.

Through her eyes the Praxus household seemed to be a bit small, but very relaxed yet organized. It reminded her of a smaller version of Bloodmace Hall back in the outskirts of Golam. "On an unrelated note I hope to see Golam raise the Surahnian flag in the near future. It's a short trek through rainforest away from some of the most beautiful beach on the island."
Back to top Go down
nen
nen

Things that I am :
  • ME Meercat
  • SR Salamander
  • Alarmingly Excellent
  • Gold Hoarder
  • Bi-Winning
  • Medium Poster
  • Chatbox Spammer
  • Thrall of Zay
  • Upstart of Aero
  • Rebel of Rogue

PostSubject: Re: [Ger & Sil] A Soldier's Life For Me   [Ger & Sil] A Soldier's Life For Me Icon_minitimeWed Jul 04, 2012 7:46 am

"I've not been very far within this land, so I'll take your word for it" he said and set out plates, made of polished wood. "I've bread, cheese and spiced foul, as well as some dates, and raisins. I'm afraid most of what I have is... dried. I am not here often enough to keep anything that would spoil quickly" he said as he put the aforementioned food on the table. Set out two large cups and a smaller one. "I hope you like ale, I ran out of mead a while ago". And he would not speak of how. He'd been meaning to get more, but the thought of it had him in the practice field until his arms burned and his lungs were raw.

"Tila!" he called, and the little girl thundered in, the small dragon behind her, it's neck decorated with a scarf.

"It tawks" she lisped in Surahnian and gestured at the dragon. Sil chuckled and murmured to her that all dragons had some way of talking, and it was nice she made a friend, but they were to eat supper now.

The Surahnian was guttural, with harsh k's and rolled r's. It sounded like a language warriors would speak.

Switching back to common, he set her upon her chair and turned to Ger. "I'm afraid I must ask if you've your eye on a woman. A man has to have a family". Tilenaia, not so good at common, busied herself petting Orram and picking off her plate.
Back to top Go down
Eliza
Eliza

Things that I am :
  • Gold Hoarder
  • Medium Poster
  • Really Too Kind
  • Thrall of Zay
  • Rebel of Rogue

PostSubject: Re: [Ger & Sil] A Soldier's Life For Me   [Ger & Sil] A Soldier's Life For Me Icon_minitimeWed Jul 04, 2012 4:19 pm

Orran simply sneaked some of the bread and cheese fro Ger's plate and then curled up on Tilenaia's lap. He knew there'd be some trouble when Ger answered that question. Hopefully answering it properly wouldn't get her thrown out on any grounds. He let out something of a soft purr and was beside himself with contentment. This was something Ger noticed right away, and in spite of the deliberately dangerous question she smiled, just a hint. "Now if I'm perfectly honest with that question I would say I have zero interest in women for more than one reason. In fact I have three: one, I'm too involved in work to hold down anything past a friendship, two, women are NOT something I handle well, and three, well. . ." she trailed off nervously.

With a great intake of breath she exhaled the entire statement at once. "I've-no-interest-in-women-because-I'm-a-woman-myself." If he caught any of that and wasn't too happy about it, then she'd be out of a job in a hurry. She had to answer his question honestly, and if that meant she was moved or even discharged from the Surhanian army then so be it. "Please, do not tell anyone. Nobody asked my gender when I signed on. I only told you because your question required an honest answer, and I won't risk honor or friendship over something so stupid as a lie over whether I'm a man or a woman."
Back to top Go down
nen
nen

Things that I am :
  • ME Meercat
  • SR Salamander
  • Alarmingly Excellent
  • Gold Hoarder
  • Bi-Winning
  • Medium Poster
  • Chatbox Spammer
  • Thrall of Zay
  • Upstart of Aero
  • Rebel of Rogue

PostSubject: Re: [Ger & Sil] A Soldier's Life For Me   [Ger & Sil] A Soldier's Life For Me Icon_minitimeThu Jul 05, 2012 11:32 am

He laughed at first, but seeing her serious expression sobered him and he leaned forward. "Am I the only one that knows this?" he asked in a low voice. When she confirmed it he sighed and leaned back, pinching the bridge of his nose. "Foreigners" he said in Surahnian and went quiet as he tried to think about what to do. Geronimo had been completely honest with him because he-- she wanted to start a friendship on the right foot. She had to be young if she thought that a everyone would appreciate her honesty. He was just glad she was a good judge of character. He sat up and dropped his hand.

"Ger... you cannot tell anyone else in this army what you told me. The army is like a giant family, if you tell the wrong person, your secret is out... and the punishment for this is... I don't know" he said and rubbed the back of his neck. "You'd probably be flogged and transferred to the archery department... ridiculed for how you look... and I am very sorry for thinking you were a man I mean. You're not ugly..." he said and sighed. "Ger. I will not give you out. You look like you'd be more proficient with swords... like you'd be happier in the army rather than the archery division...". It was hard acknowledging this, custom dictated she was completely wrong... then again custom dictated that he should have stayed behind with his father.

It'd be hard for him to treat her like a man now, though. Now that he knew... well he'd have to remind himself that she was pretending.

"If you become interested in a man, do yourself and myself the favor of coming to me first... your deception will not be taken lightly. I don't even know how you passed the medical exams without anyone noticing...".
Back to top Go down
Eliza
Eliza

Things that I am :
  • Gold Hoarder
  • Medium Poster
  • Really Too Kind
  • Thrall of Zay
  • Rebel of Rogue

PostSubject: Re: [Ger & Sil] A Soldier's Life For Me   [Ger & Sil] A Soldier's Life For Me Icon_minitimeFri Jul 06, 2012 1:01 am

She sighed and listened to everything and sat forward. "I was trained for 17 years or more to be a warrior. As a child everyone assumed I was a boy and that was fine with me, because that meant nobody would treat me like I was inferior. I hope sincerely that you don't treat me like a woman; I take offense to being treated like something I wish I wasn't." A smile crept onto her face and she sat back. "Must say you have made an excellent impression on behalf of the Surhanian people. On the subject of how I passed: nobody questioned me. Nobody at home ever did either come to think of it. However, I'm glad I can trust you."

Orran in the meantime had moved up onto the table and was dwarfed by a rather large tankard. "Sildred, I promise she won't get into any trouble. " he piped quietly. "She's also a more than decent person, albeit a bit strange. Nice to know there's more than one good human out there."
Back to top Go down
nen
nen

Things that I am :
  • ME Meercat
  • SR Salamander
  • Alarmingly Excellent
  • Gold Hoarder
  • Bi-Winning
  • Medium Poster
  • Chatbox Spammer
  • Thrall of Zay
  • Upstart of Aero
  • Rebel of Rogue

PostSubject: Re: [Ger & Sil] A Soldier's Life For Me   [Ger & Sil] A Soldier's Life For Me Icon_minitimeSun Jul 08, 2012 2:46 pm

He was still getting used to dragons and found it rather odd to be talked to by Orran. Kvinna, the Lion's Dragon, could barely speak. She squeaked and growled and was, for all the world, the cutest beast he'd ever laid eyes upon. Still, she could talk and she was smarter than any pup Sil had ever raised. She rivaled Tilenaia in learning, and that was a feat. For a beast to rival a human... it was unthinkable, yet he had to accept it.

"Odd. You say you never wanted to be a woman, yet... you do not think like a man. Perhaps you should evaluate your decisions and come to an answer you can agree with. Are you a woman that wishes to be a man, or are you a man in a woman's body?".

He'd gotten over the part where she was a woman in disguise.

"So long as you don't do anything overtly stupid, I am sure that you will fit right in. Oh, and keep your boots in the trunk before your bed. The Lion's Dragon, Kvinna, likes to chew them. She is teething I am told. She's been at the boots less, but sometimes she has a moment of weakness".
Back to top Go down
Eliza
Eliza

Things that I am :
  • Gold Hoarder
  • Medium Poster
  • Really Too Kind
  • Thrall of Zay
  • Rebel of Rogue

PostSubject: Re: [Ger & Sil] A Soldier's Life For Me   [Ger & Sil] A Soldier's Life For Me Icon_minitimeSun Jul 08, 2012 6:21 pm

"I am a woman who wishes to be a man." she replied simply. "I will take that advice into serious consideration. Now, what sort of dragon is this "Kvinna" anyhow? She must be rather small to still get away with chewing up boots." Orran had at least one thing in common with Kvinna then: they both had chewing troubles. "A bit of wine on his gums and a good bone to chew on does the trick for Orran when new teeth start coming in." She thought over the way he analyzed her and shrugged her shoulders.

"I did have some feminine influence growing up in the form of two women: my mother and a girl named Silence." Orran silently moved across the table and curled up in a vacant corner next to a plate to listen to the rest of the conversation. "She'd be 20 now I do believe." she commented quietly. "An awkward, skinny little girl last I saw of her, but she up and disappeared a few years ago. No idea what happened to her. Ah well, I'll quit rambling on about her. Don't want to bore my host." she said with a half smile.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: [Ger & Sil] A Soldier's Life For Me   [Ger & Sil] A Soldier's Life For Me Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

[Ger & Sil] A Soldier's Life For Me
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next