Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Lovely Butterfly Wings [Kat x Liza]

Go down 
2 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Eliza
Eliza

Things that I am :
  • Gold Hoarder
  • Medium Poster
  • Really Too Kind
  • Thrall of Zay
  • Rebel of Rogue

Female Loveliness : 8

Lovely Butterfly Wings [Kat x Liza] Empty
PostSubject: Lovely Butterfly Wings [Kat x Liza]   Lovely Butterfly Wings [Kat x Liza] Icon_minitimeSun Apr 07, 2013 7:20 pm

It had been an exceptionally windy day and Yrana's wings were aching from trying to brave the winds and get back to her little thorn nest. "I will never fly in a gale like this again." She was blown into an apple tree in some farmer's orchard outside a village near Yarrowitz and shook herself out. Her wings were shaky and it looked like a storm was rolling in from the coast. There was a chill in the wind and she immediately sought shelter on the other size of the tree trunk with a shiver. "Hope I can get home from here, being up this high is starting to get scary." Thunder crashed off in the distance and the first few drops of rain started to fall.

"There's no way I'll make it home now!" she squeaked as she hid from a flying twig. Time to hunker down and make sure she didn't blow away. The storm soon began raging and she'd found a little hollow in the side of the tree trunk in which to wait out the storm, even if she'd had to run a squirrel out of it to snooze there. Something rustling outside, shockingly NOT from the storm, startled her and she went rigid. "Who's out there? If you're a squirrel you can take a hike!"
Back to top Go down
Stormkatz
Stormkatz

Things that I am :
  • ME Meercat
  • DDC Dingo
  • "Nice Girl"
  • Troll
  • Medium Poster
  • Chatbox Spammer
  • Really Too Kind
  • Rebel of Rogue

Female Loveliness : 16

PostSubject: Re: Lovely Butterfly Wings [Kat x Liza]   Lovely Butterfly Wings [Kat x Liza] Icon_minitimeSun Apr 07, 2013 9:41 pm

Dyavol avoided flying in the wind if he could at all help it. His wins had been broken too many times for him to risk it. That day he was just fluttering from tree to tree, and clinging on with his claws in between whiles. He was trying to find a nice warm rat hole to take over until the storm passed, but it wasn't going well. Apparently those parts just didn’t have many rats, despite all the free food.

In the gap between two trees that were a little further apart than the others, a gust of wind blew him off course, and he crashed into some kind of planty thing. He didn’t care what it was – it was in his way and that was all that mattered. He swung his tail around and slashed off a leaf, hissing. He hissed even louder when a voice sounded from behind. “I kill squirrels for sport; no, I’m not a squirrel.” He snapped, slicing another leaf and working his way through the plant. It was a big dandelion or something – a weed, in the nice neat row of fruit trees. It was only when the second leaf toppled and was swept away in the wind that he caught sight of the speaker, and it took the breath right out of him. Another butterfly dragon. He hadn’t seen another butterfly since.. well, for too long. His attitude fell away for a second, and he just stared – like he’d seen a ghost.
Back to top Go down
Eliza
Eliza

Things that I am :
  • Gold Hoarder
  • Medium Poster
  • Really Too Kind
  • Thrall of Zay
  • Rebel of Rogue

PostSubject: Re: Lovely Butterfly Wings [Kat x Liza]   Lovely Butterfly Wings [Kat x Liza] Icon_minitimeMon Apr 08, 2013 5:52 pm

The look she was getting from this new dragon was a little unsettling. "Uhm. . .A-Are you alright? That wind's pretty rough, I-I suppose I could move over and share until the storm is over." She tucked back her wings, having flared them out when her guest got snappy with her. She stood and moved over to the side after clearing out some of the debris. "Rodents are so unclean. If only they could be more organized!" When she turned back to the rather stunning male Butterfly she cringed as her wing hit something off to the side and popped. "Sorry, wings have been giving me trouble recently. Ignorant humans and all that sort of thing I guess." She laughed nervously and sat back down as she pushed some acorns out of the way.

"What's your name?" She'd never really seen a male of her breed and at least this one, regardless of his name, was an excellent example. She didn't have much idea about the ME, since she stayed away from most everything that spoke, but she could at least be friendly. "I don't get to see many Butterflies no matter where the wind blows me, so you're a really splendid surprise!" She quieted down a little and dipped her head. "I'm sorry I thought you were a squirrel before, I chased one out of here and I thought it might've come back to settle the score..."
Back to top Go down
Stormkatz
Stormkatz

Things that I am :
  • ME Meercat
  • DDC Dingo
  • "Nice Girl"
  • Troll
  • Medium Poster
  • Chatbox Spammer
  • Really Too Kind
  • Rebel of Rogue

PostSubject: Re: Lovely Butterfly Wings [Kat x Liza]   Lovely Butterfly Wings [Kat x Liza] Icon_minitimeMon Apr 08, 2013 8:57 pm

Dyavol gave his head a physical shake when the other dragon spoke again, his thoughts refusing to leave him. She was the spitting image of Alyin… but she was NOT her, he had to remember that…

“Yeah, I’m fine,” He said gruffly, “And the name’s Mahlyenki Dyavol.” He always gave his full name out of habit, because it made him feel grander. He was so used to bigger dragons that it was hard to remember how to speak to those on the same sort of level as himself. The wind lulled a little, so he took the opportunity to spring up onto the bark of the tree that the other dragon was clinging to, to make it easier to communicate over the noise of the storm. “And you?” he asked, anchoring himself by his tail-barbs, sinking the metal spikes into the tree. That done, he felt a little more stable, so he was able to pay more attention to the other dragon.

“It’s fine, no problem…” he replied, still a little dazed from seeing her. “If you want out of the wind, there’s probably a set of rat tunnels nearer the farmhouse – vermin attract vermin, after all.” He added, referring to the human vermin inside the farmhouse itself not the rats. Luckily this new dragon seemed less than keen on the two-legged scum, so his words couldn’t cause any kind of offense. Not that he cared – it was just nice when other dragons understood what he meant properly.

Back to top Go down
Eliza
Eliza

Things that I am :
  • Gold Hoarder
  • Medium Poster
  • Really Too Kind
  • Thrall of Zay
  • Rebel of Rogue

PostSubject: Re: Lovely Butterfly Wings [Kat x Liza]   Lovely Butterfly Wings [Kat x Liza] Icon_minitimeSun Apr 21, 2013 7:52 pm

"Lead the way! Anything is better than being blown about like this, thank you!" She crawled down the tree as best she could without her wings getting ripped off in the wind. So with them tucked flush against her sides she scuttled along the ground and hid among the roots to wait for Dyavol. She was waiting until they were out of the wind to introduce herself, and maybe after they'd eaten a rat or two in those tunnels. Once she found her way about she found a hole underneath a human shed and perked up. "Think I found one of those tunnels, Dyavol!" What was intriguing about Yrana's personality was that with other dragons she was sweet and kind and protective, but with much anything else she could be very vicious. She'd been itching to tear off a human's finger for some time now just to prove that she could do it. Instead however she took her fury out on a rather pissy rat that wasn't too keen on sharing its tunnel with two small dragons. The bloodthirsty display was a once in a blue moon occurrence and even at that it was rare for anyone to see it.
Back to top Go down
Stormkatz
Stormkatz

Things that I am :
  • ME Meercat
  • DDC Dingo
  • "Nice Girl"
  • Troll
  • Medium Poster
  • Chatbox Spammer
  • Really Too Kind
  • Rebel of Rogue

PostSubject: Re: Lovely Butterfly Wings [Kat x Liza]   Lovely Butterfly Wings [Kat x Liza] Icon_minitimeFri May 03, 2013 10:23 pm

Dyavol dropped from the tree unceremoniously, the weight of the steel spikes pushed through his tail dragging him down despite the strong wind. He could still easily fly with them, thanks to the small amount of wind magic he possessed, but they did make a useful anchor in severe weather. He picked his way along the ground towards Yrana just in time to see the other dragon duck inside a rat tunnel – it was just typical that there was one so close after he had been looking for one since the start of the storm.

He had to admit, he was a little surprised by the violent display that the female butterfly gave. He didn’t know her, not yet, but he had assumed that she was softer than that. Maybe that was a rare thing for her – he could still be right, but he approved of her a little more immediately. “Nicely done!” He commented with a slightly sadistic grin. “That ought to send the beggars running for the very centre of the tunnels system from now on. They won’t bother us again.” He said boldly. He knew rats; they made sense, and they made such wonderfully warm and conveniently sized tunnels. In Dyavol’s head their tunnels were just for him.

Dyavol didn’t say a word until they were deep enough inside the tunnels to feel the ratty-warmth rather than the bitter cold of the wind. Once they had reached that point, however, he stopped a while, and thought before finally speaking. “Any reason why you were out in that storm..?” he asked eventually. He was uncomfortable, that was plain to see, but he was still certain that the reason was well enough hidden for him to feel safe. He was almost afraid of showing weakness now, but that had been drilled into him very well over the years.
Back to top Go down
Eliza
Eliza

Things that I am :
  • Gold Hoarder
  • Medium Poster
  • Really Too Kind
  • Thrall of Zay
  • Rebel of Rogue

PostSubject: Re: Lovely Butterfly Wings [Kat x Liza]   Lovely Butterfly Wings [Kat x Liza] Icon_minitimeSat May 04, 2013 3:57 am

"I'd been in a human house hiding out when a little one ran in and tried to catch me for a pet. I've not had good impressions of humans as a whole, and if the adults aren't trying to crush me, sadistic hatchlings are trying to rip my wings off! It's madness. I got out the window just as the storm broke and I took refuge in the nearest tree. A little while after that I ran into you and here we are. I don't really keep homes, humans keep finding it and I have to get up and move again. Wish I could find a place to settle permanently, would make things a whole lot easier." This male with a tail full of steel pins looked like he knew where she was coming from, and her tail swished impatiently. "They're so cruel to us, what did we ever do to deserve it...?"

Normally she didn't like appearing soft, but it couldn't really be helped since she'd let out her frustrations on the dead rat at the beginning of the tunnel. After dismissing her embarrassment about her emotions, she let herself enjoy the safety of being out of the storm and folded back her wings. "Why do you have metal spines in your tail? They look painful."
Back to top Go down
Stormkatz
Stormkatz

Things that I am :
  • ME Meercat
  • DDC Dingo
  • "Nice Girl"
  • Troll
  • Medium Poster
  • Chatbox Spammer
  • Really Too Kind
  • Rebel of Rogue

PostSubject: Re: Lovely Butterfly Wings [Kat x Liza]   Lovely Butterfly Wings [Kat x Liza] Icon_minitimeSat May 11, 2013 7:52 am

“It’s in their filthy nature.”Dyavol grumbled, dragging his tail-spines through the dirt and leaving five deep scars in its surface as he did so. “I would never choose to lair in a two-leg nest again, if I were you.” He quite liked that this other dragon understood some of his deep rooted hatred for the two-legs, but he had a reputation to uphold – his image was everything, since his physical strength would never be enough to earn him any approval, and that image was gruff and cold.

Then the question about the pines came. He had answered the same question hundreds of times, and the answer rolled off his tongue like honey, “They are a reminder of the wrongdoings of the two-legs. There’s one for each life they stole from me, and I will not rest until each pin has taken back a hundred lives to pay for them.” His jaw clenched as the constant, simmering fury he had worked up over the years came forth, rushing through him like a wave. He made no secret of his past, since the only ones who usually cared to ask were members of Maledictus Eice, and they understood perfectly.

“You seem to understand why some among us hate the humans so much. I think I know a certain group of dragons you would get along with just fine, if you haven’t already been introduced – you know the ones I speak of yes?” he added, suddenly remembering the ME dragons. This other butterfly may already have come across them, but it not, he was certainly going to point her in the right direction.

Back to top Go down
Eliza
Eliza

Things that I am :
  • Gold Hoarder
  • Medium Poster
  • Really Too Kind
  • Thrall of Zay
  • Rebel of Rogue

PostSubject: Re: Lovely Butterfly Wings [Kat x Liza]   Lovely Butterfly Wings [Kat x Liza] Icon_minitimeSat May 11, 2013 4:27 pm

"I tend to avoid things like humans and big dragons, self-preservation and all that. On the subject of my name, I don't have one. I don't remember anyone ever giving me one as a hatchling. You can call me Yrana if you want, I suppose." When the storm outside the tunnel got to be too rough, she moved a little closer to her companion and settled down with her wings folded. "Humans talk about those big dragons like they're the scourge of the island, and I can't see why. Not every dragon is capable of defending themselves, so why shouldn't those who can help the ones who can't? Even if it's just a nudge in the right direction."

Having finally found a place to warm up, and another of her kind to BS with about the horrendous behavior of humanoids, she made herself comfortable. "They're like rabbits, they multiply exceedingly fast. Getting rid of all of them is going to be quite difficult if more dragons don't wise up and start taking them out. Nature as it stands can't hold out much longer with so many two-legs running around." She'd had to leave many good homes behind because of humans invading what was left of the island that had yet to be settled. "All they do is destroy..."
Back to top Go down
Stormkatz
Stormkatz

Things that I am :
  • ME Meercat
  • DDC Dingo
  • "Nice Girl"
  • Troll
  • Medium Poster
  • Chatbox Spammer
  • Really Too Kind
  • Rebel of Rogue

PostSubject: Re: Lovely Butterfly Wings [Kat x Liza]   Lovely Butterfly Wings [Kat x Liza] Icon_minitimeSat May 11, 2013 10:02 pm

“Yrana… it’s a nice name. You can call my Dyavol, since the full title’s a little long.” He liked her, he decided. She was too shy though. Well, he had been shy once too. Maybe he needed the chance to lead someone else. Or maybe not – he wasn't good with anything that let others get too close.

“Yes,” he breathed, “They destroy, then multiply and destroy even more. They are a plague, never forget that. As for big dragons, they are just the same as you. You can trust a dragon, no matter how big they are, so long as they aren’t a two-leg sympathiser. Humans you can’t trust as far as you can spit.” That was it for advice: he didn’t have any more to give really. He was still convinced that the other dragons would be best for Yrana, but he would let it lie for the time being.

“Are you well, Yrana? The storm didn’t hurt you..?” Crap, he was going soft. Normally this would have been a nod and farewell conversation, but with the wind howling as it was, they would be there for the evening.

Back to top Go down
Eliza
Eliza

Things that I am :
  • Gold Hoarder
  • Medium Poster
  • Really Too Kind
  • Thrall of Zay
  • Rebel of Rogue

PostSubject: Re: Lovely Butterfly Wings [Kat x Liza]   Lovely Butterfly Wings [Kat x Liza] Icon_minitimeThu May 23, 2013 6:07 pm

"I spend my time hiding from things that can hurt me without so much as a second glance. When I'm not hiding I'm lazing about in flower beds and making silly decorations with flower petals." He mentioned her being hurt and she shrugged her narrow little shoulders. "Not as much as other things have in the past, but life goes on and so long as my wings still function I'll get over any injury I sustain." The wind howled and carried on and sent whistling zephyrs down the tunnel, but that didn't seem to phase the little red dragon. The idea that she should trust larger dragons would take a while to set in and it sounded rather hair-brained to her.

"Guess I still have quite a bit to learn." She dared to inch closer to him and glanced up at this imposing company she'd found herself with. "Tell me more about these dragons you think so highly of...I might make it my priority to meet up with them." It sounded much safer than staying by herself and being anti-social. At least she'd have decent company, and a friend her size to talk to and pass the time with. "Would definitely consider it, not only for the protection but the possibility of more good company."
Back to top Go down
Stormkatz
Stormkatz

Things that I am :
  • ME Meercat
  • DDC Dingo
  • "Nice Girl"
  • Troll
  • Medium Poster
  • Chatbox Spammer
  • Really Too Kind
  • Rebel of Rogue

PostSubject: Re: Lovely Butterfly Wings [Kat x Liza]   Lovely Butterfly Wings [Kat x Liza] Icon_minitimeThu May 23, 2013 8:43 pm

Dyavol smirked as Yrana explained what she usually did with her free time. It sounded childish to him, all the flower-nonsense, but maybe all females liked flowers? It was certainly possible…maybe next time he wanted something from Vy he should try that…

As Yrana shuffled closer, Dyavol ignored the motion in order to answer her questions. “I was talking about Maledictus Eice. We believe that the two-legs have overstepped the mark, and no longer deserve to be afforded the courtesy of living on our isle. Because it is ours, Dragons Cove, and the vermin seem to have forgotten that.” He explained. Vy had been teaching him to be more diplomatic when explaining their cause, and he thought he was starting to get it, but he couldn’t ever keep the deep rooted bitterness out of his voice. “We protect any and every dragon within our forces, no matter what the circumstances. I have been with them almost since the start… they’re good dragons – so much better than most.” He smiled – an almost alien expression for him. The clubtail sisters had taken him in when the world seemed to have cast him out… the only thing stronger than his hatred for humans was his loyalty to them.

Then he zoned back in on his current location. Yrana was getting a little close for his liking… he didn’t dislike the dragon, and was actually becoming quite fond of her, but he needed his space. She just looked too familiar, which was what he couldn’t get over. He held his nerve, then discretely shifted just a fraction away. “Sorry, I’m not good at… company.” He apologised.

Back to top Go down
Eliza
Eliza

Things that I am :
  • Gold Hoarder
  • Medium Poster
  • Really Too Kind
  • Thrall of Zay
  • Rebel of Rogue

PostSubject: Re: Lovely Butterfly Wings [Kat x Liza]   Lovely Butterfly Wings [Kat x Liza] Icon_minitimeSat May 25, 2013 5:46 pm

She lowered her head to the ground and stared at the entrance to the tunnel. "It's alright. I just don't meet many creatures my size that're worth talking to, rats and bugs are to be eaten. I've not had much contact with my own kind." Hearing him speak so kindly of the Maledictus Eice, she glanced over at him and lightly touched her paw to his forearm and retracted it just as quickly. "Would you mind too terribly if I traveled with you when you return to them? I promise not to be too much trouble." It wasn't a typical for her to ask things of others, but he's mentioned them to her likely in hopes that she would join their cause. "I might not be so fierce just yet, but you can count on me to do my best. If anything, I know a lot about plants and how to use them for healing." She wanted so badly to be of use and to be cared about, her life would be complete if both of those goals came to be achieved at once. The more she thought about it, the nicer a world without humans was starting to sound. "I'm glad to have run into you Dyavol, if only it weren't stormy it would be even better."
Back to top Go down
Stormkatz
Stormkatz

Things that I am :
  • ME Meercat
  • DDC Dingo
  • "Nice Girl"
  • Troll
  • Medium Poster
  • Chatbox Spammer
  • Really Too Kind
  • Rebel of Rogue

PostSubject: Re: Lovely Butterfly Wings [Kat x Liza]   Lovely Butterfly Wings [Kat x Liza] Icon_minitimeSat May 25, 2013 6:54 pm

“I understand. Being… our size can be difficult, and there aren’t many of us. I’ve spent half my life trying to compensate.” He confessed, offering an awkward smile. He had learned not to notice that he was smaller than any other dragon, and had gotten used to speaking up to everyone. It was like he had forgotten how to talk to another butterfly dragon. He hadn’t seen another one since… since his world ended.

“I-of course I wouldn’t mind… no trouble at all. There are more jobs than fighting, so I’m sure we have somewhere for you.” He stammered – caught off guard by the sudden contact. He wasn’t adapting to this well. He had broken every bone in his body since joining ME, but nothing and nobody had /touched/ him. He couldn’t keep track of the memories tied to this new dragon of Alyin, and shut his eyes to clear them all out. Think red, think anger. That was how he coped.

“Don’t be glad just yet, the storm won’t pass until morning.” He said, more gruffly this time with his mind filling up with his usual grumpy attitude. He had gotten too close to breaking tonight, with his past trying desperately to surface, and although he didn’t mind it being common knowledge what had happened, he wasn't sure he could tell the story anymore.
Back to top Go down
Eliza
Eliza

Things that I am :
  • Gold Hoarder
  • Medium Poster
  • Really Too Kind
  • Thrall of Zay
  • Rebel of Rogue

PostSubject: Re: Lovely Butterfly Wings [Kat x Liza]   Lovely Butterfly Wings [Kat x Liza] Icon_minitimeSat May 25, 2013 7:22 pm

She moved away from him when he sounded angry and curled her tail around her legs. He wasn't a dragon one got very close to it seemed, guess she couldn't very well call him her friend. Oh well, perhaps in time he'd loosen up a bit. He looked conflicted and somehow it just hurt to see him in such a state. Knowing what she was risking, she slowly crept back over and debated comforting him. "If you need a friend. . .I'd be happy to oblige." She knew better than to ask questions, if he was going to tell her he would in his own time. "I'm sorry I upset you." She couldn't think of anything else that would've changed his mood so quickly, but she had little idea of what she'd actually 'done'.

Lightning flashed outside and illuminated the tunnel in a spectacular blast and she moved in front of Dyavol to settle at his feet and look up at him. "I'm so sorry, I don't what I did but I'm really sorry." It was almost enough to make her cry. Her display of anger with the rat had truly been a once in a blue moon event, and now she was fighting her curiosity. "What...What is it that happened to make you so sad?" Very carefully, she leaned forward and nudged his paw with her nose. "You don't have to tell me, but I'd like to know."
Back to top Go down
Stormkatz
Stormkatz

Things that I am :
  • ME Meercat
  • DDC Dingo
  • "Nice Girl"
  • Troll
  • Medium Poster
  • Chatbox Spammer
  • Really Too Kind
  • Rebel of Rogue

PostSubject: Re: Lovely Butterfly Wings [Kat x Liza]   Lovely Butterfly Wings [Kat x Liza] Icon_minitimeSat May 25, 2013 7:46 pm

Dyavol had never had a friend, and the suggestion made him feel strange. He felt terrible for making her feel guilty. She was just like him – a lost butterfly dragon, with nobody else of her kind in her life. She couldn’t help how she looked – he was being childish and ridiculous… and he was so ANGRY about it. “No… it’s not you…” he managed, his head swimming.

And then she asked the question that made the world stop. The lightning seemed blinding, the thunder deafened him, and he swallowed. Yrana’s touch on his paw told him that he couldn’t sulk off, so he started to explain. “I’m sad because you look like someone… a dragon named Alyin. Ally was my mate. We had just set up a home, in an old birds nest in the rafters of a human house, so that we could hatch our young.” He stopped and took a breath, his vision flashing deep scarlet. “The night the first hatchling came, the humans found us. They mistook us for insects; wouldn’t let us be. They killed her, and my son, and broke the other three eggs.” He stopped, his gaze falling to the ground. His forepaws were scarred from where they had been broken that night, as were his wings.

“That was when I gained my spines. I was powerless then, but never again. That night, I slit the throats of every two legged rat in that damned house. I’m sorry, you didn’t need to hear that, but really, it’s not you. I just haven’t seen another Butterfly since her.” The wind went out of him, and he slumped, leaning against Yrana and hiding his head in her shoulder.
Back to top Go down
Eliza
Eliza

Things that I am :
  • Gold Hoarder
  • Medium Poster
  • Really Too Kind
  • Thrall of Zay
  • Rebel of Rogue

PostSubject: Re: Lovely Butterfly Wings [Kat x Liza]   Lovely Butterfly Wings [Kat x Liza] Icon_minitimeSat May 25, 2013 9:13 pm

She let him lean on her and sounded almost like she was purring. It was meant to be comforting but she hadn't any idea if it was working. "I've been on my own for most of my life, never had anyone or anything to lose but myself. The scariest day I can remember was when these two human hatchlings, males apparently, caught me in a net and tried to rip my wings off. An adult female shouted at them to stop and begrudgingly they dropped me, but no one tried to help me otherwise. Thankfully those humans were too weak to do any real damage and my wings managed to survive, but I stopped trusting all humans that day." She moved one of her wings over him and sighed. "You'll be alright." It now made sense that he was acting like that prior to explaining himself. All females looked the same though, so it would've been the same for any other female he came across. The storm still raged outside, but with all the sudden emotion she felt very sleepy and found it difficult to keep her eyes open.

Last edited by ElizaFlame13 on Thu May 30, 2013 7:19 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Stormkatz
Stormkatz

Things that I am :
  • ME Meercat
  • DDC Dingo
  • "Nice Girl"
  • Troll
  • Medium Poster
  • Chatbox Spammer
  • Really Too Kind
  • Rebel of Rogue

PostSubject: Re: Lovely Butterfly Wings [Kat x Liza]   Lovely Butterfly Wings [Kat x Liza] Icon_minitimeSun May 26, 2013 10:12 am

Dyavol listened, nodding intermittently, and gave Yrana a comforting squeeze in return. “Yeah, I will, and so will you.” He said quietly. Then, he cleared his throat, straightened up and shook himself out. “Well, we should probably look for somewhere secure to stay the night – the middle of the main tunnel of a ran warren is not exactly safe.” He changed the subject quickly. He was much more comfortable with Yrana now, and he didn’t see Alyin in her quite so much now, which was a relief. He hoped nobody found out about that little… exchange. It would be most embarrassing for him if word made it back to ME – Temero for example would never let him live it down.

“There’s aside tunnel down there with two branches – I would recommend that.” He suggested, noticing Yrana’s sleepy expression. Without waiting for a response, he stood up, flared his wings and half flew, half ran down the tunnel, clicking his teeth to scare off any rats in the way so that he could check for danger. The side-tunnel was totally empty, and the two separate chambers looked as comfortable as they would find. Dyavol crept inside the mouth of the first one and watched for Yrana.
Back to top Go down
Eliza
Eliza

Things that I am :
  • Gold Hoarder
  • Medium Poster
  • Really Too Kind
  • Thrall of Zay
  • Rebel of Rogue

PostSubject: Re: Lovely Butterfly Wings [Kat x Liza]   Lovely Butterfly Wings [Kat x Liza] Icon_minitimeSun Jul 07, 2013 10:21 pm

She drowsily followed him and snuggled into the little space next to his. Wordlessly she drifted off to sleep and awoke to achey wings and a lack of a desire to get up and move. "Anyone down here...?" she ventured to call, half remembering the day before and looking for Dyavol. Upon not finding him in the tunnel she scurried out into the sunlight and hissed at the brightness. "If only it wasn't so bright out here." she groaned. Her eyes gradually adjusted to the light and she sniffed around for a tasty beetle to munch on. Soon enough she found a worm and two spiders to make into a mid day meal before looking for Dyavol again. "Where did you go?" she called taking off a foot or two from the ground.
Back to top Go down
Stormkatz
Stormkatz

Things that I am :
  • ME Meercat
  • DDC Dingo
  • "Nice Girl"
  • Troll
  • Medium Poster
  • Chatbox Spammer
  • Really Too Kind
  • Rebel of Rogue

PostSubject: Re: Lovely Butterfly Wings [Kat x Liza]   Lovely Butterfly Wings [Kat x Liza] Icon_minitimeSun Jul 07, 2013 10:54 pm

Dyavol had crept deeper into his side tunnel during the night. He had issues with sleeping anywhere exposed, and liked to be as hidden as possible at night, so it wasn't surprising that Yrana missed him on her way out. He awoke as she began calling for him outside, and shook himself awake. He was a grumpy morning-dragon, but he was grumpy most of the rest of the time as well, so that wasn’t such a big deal.

“I’m here, don’t worry.” He mumbled, dragging his tail spines through the dirt because he was still too sleepy to lift the heavy spikes far enough from the floor. Yrana seemed very flighty, and unfortunately it took the chance to mutilate a two-leg to give him the energy to keep up at that time in the morning. There was a farmhouse nearby, that was true, but he didn’t want to drag Yrana into harm’s way to attack those particular humans.

“What are you wanting to do today?” He asked sleepily, skewering a fat brown spider on one of his tail barbs casually as it tried to sneak past him for a little entertainment. It squealed for a brief moment – music to his ears – before twitching and falling silent. He wouldn’t eat it as he didn’t do insects under any circumstances, but he still liked killing things.

Back to top Go down
Eliza
Eliza

Things that I am :
  • Gold Hoarder
  • Medium Poster
  • Really Too Kind
  • Thrall of Zay
  • Rebel of Rogue

PostSubject: Re: Lovely Butterfly Wings [Kat x Liza]   Lovely Butterfly Wings [Kat x Liza] Icon_minitimeSun Jul 07, 2013 11:09 pm

"I'm hoping you'll take me to meet this Maledictus Eice you told me about yesterday. I wouldn't really know where to ask about them otherwise besides eavesdropping on humans. You. . .you will take me there, won't you. . .?" If he didn't there wouldn't really be much for her to do about it, except ask him for directions instead. She got distracted by the sudden smell of food and looked around before dropping back to the ground and weaving through the grass. "If there's something you had in mind I'd love to hear it, even if I'm not up to doing whatever it is with you." She tried to look excited, but somehow she just felt like she looked nervous, and she wasn't. She'd met another Butterfly and he hated humans too, this was wonderful!
Back to top Go down
Stormkatz
Stormkatz

Things that I am :
  • ME Meercat
  • DDC Dingo
  • "Nice Girl"
  • Troll
  • Medium Poster
  • Chatbox Spammer
  • Really Too Kind
  • Rebel of Rogue

PostSubject: Re: Lovely Butterfly Wings [Kat x Liza]   Lovely Butterfly Wings [Kat x Liza] Icon_minitimeWed Jul 10, 2013 5:22 pm

“Hmm, it’ll take me a while to find the others, but sure, I’ll take you to them.” He stretched his wings and back carefully, the sunlight showing the mass of scars across both his torso and wings. Some were from the night his nest had been destroyed; others were more recent, from various battles he had taken part in. They left dark spiderwebs on his semi-transparent wing membranes.

“First we should probably get to know one another a little better – I need to find out how suited you’ll be to our way of life.” He said, in a low, gruff voice. He pretended it was a normal thing for him to ask, but really it was most unlike him to make that kind of request. He had shut off his emotions a long time ago, and all he really did those das as follow orders and kill at will. “Tell me, have you ever thought about killing a human before? Have you ever tried? Because that’s what we do.”

The last place he had seen the others was in the west, so that was the way they would have to go for the time being. But the group didn’t always stay together when they weren’t on some kind of mission, so it could be difficult to track them. Either way, that meant leaving the cosy rat-hole on the farm and heading out into the open.
Back to top Go down
Eliza
Eliza

Things that I am :
  • Gold Hoarder
  • Medium Poster
  • Really Too Kind
  • Thrall of Zay
  • Rebel of Rogue

PostSubject: Re: Lovely Butterfly Wings [Kat x Liza]   Lovely Butterfly Wings [Kat x Liza] Icon_minitimeWed Jul 10, 2013 9:59 pm

"I'll tear a human's finger off given the chance. When my life's not in danger I'm not much for killing, but when it counts I'm more than willing I suppose." She really was rather shy when it came to interacting with creatures other than small dragons and bugs. Her tail swished nervously and she tried to sound convincing. "If I treat them like I do the bugs that I catch, I could do some real damage!" She was starting to feel a little more excited about meeting this group, especially since they didn't like humans at all. "Guess I know just about all there is that you'll tell me about yourself. Ask any question you can think of and I'll do my best to answer." At that point she sat down and folded her wings, seeing no reason for them to overheat as the sun rose higher in the sky every passing second.
Back to top Go down
Stormkatz
Stormkatz

Things that I am :
  • ME Meercat
  • DDC Dingo
  • "Nice Girl"
  • Troll
  • Medium Poster
  • Chatbox Spammer
  • Really Too Kind
  • Rebel of Rogue

PostSubject: Re: Lovely Butterfly Wings [Kat x Liza]   Lovely Butterfly Wings [Kat x Liza] Icon_minitimeSat Jul 13, 2013 1:58 pm

Aww, Yrana was sweet. She reminded him of a kitten trying to bite. But they could work with that, so long as the ‘want’ part was there. She disliked humans, and given some training, she could probably do well. That was how Dyavol saw it – he would need to speak to Vy and Anae before saying anything definite to Yrana herself. Ah, and she didn’t like bugs. Even better.

“Alright, I’ll see what I can do. Our leaders, Vythiweiah and Anækileya will have the final say on the matter, but we’ll have to head west to find them.” He explained, before letting Yrana continue. “Oh I don’t keep secrets – if you want to know anything you only have to ask. I just don’t warble unless I need to. But you probably know the most of it, I’m fairly open with any other human-hater.” It was true; he didn’t deliberately hide anything. He found it hard to talk about his past, and often elected not to, but he didn’t hide it as such. He couldn’t think of any other questions for Yrana for the time being, but he would think s they travelled.

“Shall we head off then? This place stinks of manflesh.” He hissed, looking back at the farmhouse. He was convinced he could hear a two leg peaking inside, moving around as the family inside woke up. He longed to see the whole place in ruins, but he hadn’t the means to topple the building. The two legs were safe for now.
Back to top Go down
Eliza
Eliza

Things that I am :
  • Gold Hoarder
  • Medium Poster
  • Really Too Kind
  • Thrall of Zay
  • Rebel of Rogue

PostSubject: Re: Lovely Butterfly Wings [Kat x Liza]   Lovely Butterfly Wings [Kat x Liza] Icon_minitimeTue Jul 23, 2013 5:48 pm

"Okay, we should stick to tree cover though until we pass the two-leg dwelling, it lies due west from where we are." That was something she could honestly be proud of despite her faults: she had a keen sense of direction and a knack for remembering landmarks. She was basically a walking map of about a third of the island. "I can get us on a track going west that's fairly far from human contact, but you'll probably need to take over from there. I'm sure to get us lost after a time." She could also be painfully honest at the worst of times. Oh well, it was probably overlooked at any rate, seemed to have been thus far. A moment to let the breeze die down and immediately fluttered off around the house to avoid the humans. "So what're the members like? Any of them overly-cantankerous or ill-tempered?"
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Lovely Butterfly Wings [Kat x Liza]   Lovely Butterfly Wings [Kat x Liza] Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Lovely Butterfly Wings [Kat x Liza]
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next