Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

(New Racksom) Power's many faces (27th Board)

Go down 
2 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Zay
Admin
Zay

Things that I am :
  • SR Salamander
  • Medium Poster
  • Platypus
  • Chatbox Spammer
  • Minion of Monty
  • Underling of Eldar

Female Loveliness : 62

(New Racksom) Power's many faces (27th Board) - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: (New Racksom) Power's many faces (27th Board)   (New Racksom) Power's many faces (27th Board) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Aug 17, 2014 10:01 am

---- On the 12th of July, 2709, a scorching hot day in the palace arches.

"Lady Yeriss, as fortunate as I have been to host for a guest such as you, soon I will be away from here. I cannot stay indefinitely in this palace of course, while I make my subjects be the only ones to do my will- that would be the trait of an idle and incompetent King." He placed down his cutlery for the moment, even if he had a ways to go before finishing the roast set out for him and his opulent guest. His look was quiet and thoughtful as he gazed about, beholding the arches in ornately carved wood and stone, feeling only the smallest breeze from the gardens beside them come in with the warm and vaguely humid air.
It was a picturesque setting, as he found many places were on this island thus far. It was noticeable, even though he did not have a trained eye for these things.
He then looked back to Skeloph and it was quite clear to him that she belonged in the picture of it all, looking to be in her element in all her fanciful garments and jewels with a poised look about her, but she had made it apparent that she was more useful to him than a mere ornament...if her words could be proven true.
"You may be my guest Lady, and a leader amongst the people that I would seek to rule, but I do not see why that should set us apart when we wish for the same." He began, placing his elbows carefully on the table with his hands together.

"I am pleased that you would seek to help the people cooperate in my endeavors, how you do so I would leave to you, as I would not wish to stifle your gracious influence." Even though he would be watching all that she did and measuring her actions by his plans, but that was better left unsaid. "Where you wish to go is of your own decision, but I shall be heading to the east. It would be a favourable thing however for you to accompany us, I am sure your influence would ease any tensions a great deal." As yet, Zartear did not want to leave a woman of unknown substance in his Capital or at free rein elsewhere.

It was still quite strange for him to fathom how a woman was a ruler of people that garnered such importance, but he was not about to spite her if she could better be a utility for him.
Back to top Go down
http://www.google.co.uk
Artemis
Artemis

Things that I am :
  • ME Meercat
  • SR Salamander
  • DDC Dingo
  • Alarmingly Excellent
  • Dragon Hoarder
  • Troll Fanatic
  • Medium Poster
  • Chatbox Spammer
  • Really Too Kind
  • Rebel of Rogue

Female Loveliness : 73

PostSubject: Re: (New Racksom) Power's many faces (27th Board)   (New Racksom) Power's many faces (27th Board) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 09, 2014 5:09 pm

A gracious smile played across Skeloph’s features as she inclined her head, acknowledging Zartear’s compliment.
“Naturally,” she replied smoothly, gently swilling the wine in her glass as she listened to the self-styled King of New Surahnia. “I am glad you think so; certainly, it will do the people good to see their rulers. Jiluria may have been successfully and peacefully occupied, but I am sure there will still be unease and confusion amongst the people there. As you say, the population of Racksom have responded wonderfully to my reassurances; it is early days yet, of course, but I am told that unrest in the city has declined noticeably since my arrival. It seems as though our partnership shall be beneficial indeed.”

Contemplating his proposal for a moment, Skeloph took a sip of wine, thankful for the earth stone’s influence on the bountiful vineyards to be found in western DC.
“Of course, I’m sure a noble man such as yourself would never presume to tell an equal what she may or may not do!” The daring words were contrasted against the light tone and easy laugh; they both knew full well that he considered himself superior to her. Nonetheless, she didn’t think he underestimated her; his every action was layered with caution. No, much to her regret, Zartear Straten was an intelligent man.
“Well,” she continued more sedately. “There is certainly much more work to be done here in acquainting the populace with the new rule; given Surahnia’s history, I am sure you can imagine very well how much disturbance was caused by the invasion. Such a pity no peace could have been made, and this trouble could have been avoided for the both of us. Nevertheless… I feel Racksom is somewhat stable, for the time being. Our military strength is known; there will be no great rebellion here, where there is scarcely a fighter to be found in the whole city. In the east, however… Well, while we are unlikely to have any great dealings with them south of the Great Rift, I have no doubt that negotiations will need to be made should we turn north. Thankfully, it was my speciality within the Council to correspond with the independent regions of Dragons Cove and as such, I am already reasonably well acquainted with the major families of Kaionar. Doubtless we will encounter some resistance further east, as well; in short, I feel that my assistance will be required. When were you thinking of departing?”

They may be leaving, but Skeloph would have to leave a lingering presence in the palace… Certainly her suite would have to remain hers, perhaps with a few maids to maintain it ready for her return. There was to be no doubt in any mind in Racksom, be it Surahnian or native, that Skeloph was one of the great powers of the city. Maybe five days had not been long enough to secure herself as a leader, but it had certainly been long enough for everyone to take note of her.
Back to top Go down
Zay
Admin
Zay

Things that I am :
  • SR Salamander
  • Medium Poster
  • Platypus
  • Chatbox Spammer
  • Minion of Monty
  • Underling of Eldar

Female Loveliness : 62

PostSubject: Re: (New Racksom) Power's many faces (27th Board)   (New Racksom) Power's many faces (27th Board) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 28, 2016 1:13 pm

"It is reassuring to hear that you think that, Lady Yeriss. A voice of reason amidst the clashing of howls." He sighed, ruefully. "Our people are at war, but war for its own sake is meaningless and unjust. My people are proud of their ability, and rightfully so, but we must not close our eyes to alternatives. We look for a home and to restore our lost pride, but not to pointlessly send more into a pit of desecration."
As much as he would have challenged it there and then, he held his tongue as she slipped in her implication of equality. No, she was no equal of his, but that did not mean she was not both effective and dangerous.

"This is what I would like to hear more of in future. None of us have time for platitudes, and here you are with a better plan than the leaders of the serf and villain rabble that have lived here for years. We are going to Jiluria to assert new leadership. Actually, if all that we have heard is true, it sounds like the people will be best pleased with the result. If not, they will come around to it, I am certain." He took a moment to consider it further, but the answer was quite obvious in this case. So long as she was on a good, firm leash, there was no reason why he shouldn't make the most of the offer.

"Come with us, we will be departing in a week, though the soldiers have already begun marching and are doing their work there as we speak. We shall then have to deal with the problem of the everbridge. The people of this island are much more fortuitous to its eastern side. Rightly so, I hear the southern academy is something to behold." Zartear smiled at the thought of it.
"In fact, it warms my heart to see they share so many values with my people. The southern academy espouses the same ethos as we do, in numerous ways. I would not want it or the people there to share the same fate as Racksom."
He lowered his head, almost regrettably. "But actions have their consequences, don't they?"
Back to top Go down
http://www.google.co.uk
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: (New Racksom) Power's many faces (27th Board)   (New Racksom) Power's many faces (27th Board) - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

(New Racksom) Power's many faces (27th Board)
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2