Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Best of the Best [Eldar x Rogue]

Go down 
2 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Eldarwen
Admin
Eldarwen

Things that I am :
  • Alarmingly Excellent
  • Minion of Monty
  • Thrall of Zay

Female Loveliness : 68

Best of the Best [Eldar x Rogue] - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Best of the Best [Eldar x Rogue]   Best of the Best [Eldar x Rogue] - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 12, 2015 8:05 pm

Lola grinned at Rilos’ words. The lash dragon really was a peculiar dragon, but she liked Hone because of it, and she seemed diligent at her work, which, being an Elite, was essential and took precedence over everything else.

“My Prince, I’m afraid I have bad news,” Lola started, and then unsure how to start, blurted: “I think something bad is happening in the rainforest. Magic is unstable and it’s a frightening place to be, quite frankly. It...”

Atleon instantly lifted a hand as Lola threatened to start rambling instead of delivering a proper report, and asked in a quiet voice, masking the fear that was starting to build after that tidbit of information: “Please start from the beginning. And slowly this time,” he added with a small smile.

“Sebantais asked me to seek you out and on my way to find you, I had to cross over the rainforest as it was the shortest way. I cannot tell you exactly what happened, but the magic was off. It was wild and ripping at me as though it wanted to consume me rather than aid me. Magic has never felt so aggressive or dangerous. It just felt... wrong somehow. And I have no idea what could have caused such a rift. And,” Lola took a deep breath, “I didn’t stick around to investigate either. I.. was too scared to. I just put every ounce of strength I had into flying here as quickly as possible. I don’t know how long it took me but it should have taken me much longer to get here than it did. I just wanted to get away from there, from that awful sensation. From that feeling of helplessness against such a powerful.. enemy, for lack of a better word.”

The antler did not feel at all happy having to admit this, especially considering how proud she was of being an Elite but it needed to be said. Prince Atleon needed to know what was going on and because he didn’t feel magic the same way dragons did, he needed to understand. All the more so because she herself didn’t understand what exactly had caused the magic to go rampant.
Back to top Go down
Rogue
Rogue

Things that I am :
  • Alarmingly Excellent
  • Chatbox Spammer
  • Underling of Eldar

Female Loveliness : 69

PostSubject: Re: Best of the Best [Eldar x Rogue]   Best of the Best [Eldar x Rogue] - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 13, 2015 9:01 pm

Rilos appreciated Atleon all the more when he slowed Lola, and the antler dragon began from the beginning of her story. He was rather out of touch with life- had always been, this newfound rebellion in the west, and finally opening his eyes to the fact that there were others he shared his world with- so it took him a little while to cotton on to all these urgent news broadcasts coming in from all over the isle.

"When was this?" Rilos could attest for feeling strange around his magic the past couple of days, but he had put it down to the fact that he was so recently injured, and was readjusting to life using it more to get around new difficulties. He hadn't thought for a second that it was any sort of real rift or distortion in magic itself, only that his was playing up because his body had been so damaged. His head snaked to one side to inspect Lola, curious to hear the answer. It didn't spell good things though, if something over in the rainforest was disrupting him, an already powerful dragon, so far away.

At that point, Hone buzzed back to the group, flapping her wings up and down, one side then the other, in a sort of salute, and a sort of strange dance. "What I miss? Ah, I heard it already. Not got loadsa ears for nowt. You know all sorts of interesting people." This was directed to Lola, and how she knew the Guardian Sebantais as well. Powerful friends!
Back to top Go down
Eldarwen
Admin
Eldarwen

Things that I am :
  • Alarmingly Excellent
  • Minion of Monty
  • Thrall of Zay

PostSubject: Re: Best of the Best [Eldar x Rogue]   Best of the Best [Eldar x Rogue] - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Aug 15, 2015 1:58 pm

Lola looked at Rilos and tried to order her thoughts. Fear was eating away at her again as the awful sensation of the magic came back to her as though she were reliving it again.
“Ahm, two to three days ago? I didn’t keep track,” the antler admitted, shivering slightly. “I just flew as fast as I could to get out of there and didn’t pay attention to where I was or how much time had passed until I nearly passed out, and by that time I was already almost to Harglen.”

“You mean to say you haven’t slept in two to three days? And you’ve been flying from Yarrowitz – I assume? Since that’s where Sebantais usually is – to Harglen in just a few days without pausing?” He had to admit, it was an impressive feat, but the crash Lola would soon suffer was going to be all that much harder. She’d be sleeping for the better part of a day if not more and she needed sustenance, sooner rather than later. “And you were flying above the rainforest while this occurred?” Again, Lola’s nod made the knot in Atleon’s stomach tighten further.

The prince cleared his throat after he finished his quick examination of the tired dragon and sorted through his thoughts, a little at least. “I thank you for that vital piece of information. I will look into it and see what I can find out. Rilos,” he turned towards the spined shadow dragon, “have you noticed any of this? You’ve been in Racksom, did you feel something at that time already?”

If magic was going rampant in the rainforest, there was only one thing that could possibly be responsible for this. Something had happened to the lightning stone, and that was not only vital news, but it was terrible news.
Back to top Go down
Rogue
Rogue

Things that I am :
  • Alarmingly Excellent
  • Chatbox Spammer
  • Underling of Eldar

PostSubject: Re: Best of the Best [Eldar x Rogue]   Best of the Best [Eldar x Rogue] - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Aug 29, 2015 11:56 am

Trying to think back through the mess of all the events that had happened recently wasn't an easy task; the past couple of weeks felt more like a year, than everything crammed into a tiny length of time. Rilos ruffled his wings as he tried to think, running back through time since then to see if he could remember anything. Disturbances in magic weren't common, but with so many magic users gathered in the south-west; using everything under the sun, and not just passively- not with a war- it was difficult to separate general use with something bigger. He just hadn't been paying enough attention.
That seemed to be the moral of his life recently, until he had suddenly found himself thrown in the deep end of everything that was shaking Dragons' Cove upsidedown.

"I think I may have been in the Everplains at that point in time. I have not been feeling especially like myself recently." As if that was a valid excuse. "If it were during the day, I most probably would have been asleep, too. I am a stars-and-moon dragon." Unhelpful.

It was at that moment Hone came rushing back after her scoping out of the area, wings and ears all a flutter and haste to bow and salute and every other gesture she knew. "There's nobody really 'round, so we can talk talk talk all y'want! Apart from a few humans ora there," she pointed with one claw, to a skulking alleyway not too far from where they were. "Thems say they're jus' watchin' guard or somethin'. Not Elites though, just some peoples." She shrugged, then turned to Atleon with bright eyes. "Wassa plan? We garn do somethin' excitin' yet?"

"I do not think Lolantella here needs much more excitement," said Rilos, inclining his head towards Lola. The antler dragon was visibly wilting. Unsurprising, when she had had such a flight with so much fear in her mind. He did not quite understand the full extent of what it was Atleon saw in her message, but hopefully the man would explain in time. He felt it was more likely with Hone out of the way though. "Perhaps you would help her somewhere safe, Elite?"
Back to top Go down
Eldarwen
Admin
Eldarwen

Things that I am :
  • Alarmingly Excellent
  • Minion of Monty
  • Thrall of Zay

PostSubject: Re: Best of the Best [Eldar x Rogue]   Best of the Best [Eldar x Rogue] - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 29, 2015 7:59 am

Atleon nodded his agreement with Rilos’ statement. “Lola should really get some rest before we’re doing anything else. But thank you, Hone. Keep an eye on those humans for now that they do not come any closer. We do not need them overhearing any of this.”

Running a hand through his scruffy hair, making it stand even more on end, the prince heaved a sigh. “If your unease has anything to do with the magic disruption Lola felt on her way here, then it is needless to say that we’re in trouble.” The extent however, the really important bit in this, that was what eluded him.

“If I may,” Lola interrupted Atleon’s thought process after watching his face for a few moments in silence. “It has been quite a while ago, back when I was still newly recruited to the Elites, but Sebantais mentioned scrolls of some sort that held information on some kind of magical stone. About…” The antler dragon drifted off as she tried to rake her brain for more details but found that she couldn’t remember what the Guardian had said then. Or if she was even correct about the little bit he had said.

“Sorry, I…”

Atleon waved her off. “Don’t apologise. It’s been a rough few weeks for all of us. Let me think this over and look through a few papers. Then we can discuss what we can do. Rilos, if you could please take a few moments while the moon is up tonight to see if you notice anything different about the magic structure, it would be a great help. Hone, would you please find a spot for our messenger so she can rest. Lola, you are under strict orders to eat and rest. Nothing else.”

The prince gave her a stern look and the antler dragon quickly bobbed her head a few times. She wanted so desperately to help, but she knew she was absolutely useless in her current state. Sleep… What a wonderful thing… And food! At the mention of it, her stomach started rumbling. When was the last time she had eaten anything? Or drank a drop of water for that matter.

“Shall we reconvene tomorrow night, just after nightfall when the village has gone to sleep? Then we can talk more in private. Meet me at my tent.” And with that Atleon gave all three of the dragons a brief nod and returned to his previous duty.

Back to top Go down
Rogue
Rogue

Things that I am :
  • Alarmingly Excellent
  • Chatbox Spammer
  • Underling of Eldar

PostSubject: Re: Best of the Best [Eldar x Rogue]   Best of the Best [Eldar x Rogue] - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 11, 2015 10:06 am

Everything was an excitement for Hone as she was given more instructions, more responsibility! Who cared that she couldn't hear what the Prince and his consort were talking about- he had given her a task while he was in dire need, and nothing was going to stop her from completing it. Her feathers were puffed to busting as she stood guard, then accepted her new orders with a bow and a flapping of wings and overeager nodding of head. Oh yes, she could definitely find somewhere for Lola to sleep and rest and regather her thoughts. And, they were going to meet again the next night too! What excitements, what glory! She happily hustled Lola off to the Elites' compound once Atleon was done speaking, gabbling the poor antler dragon's ear off the entire time, wanted or not, too elated to think of Lola's tired ears.

Rilos was not feeling quite as perky about Atleon's words, but the spined shadow dragon couldn't really do anything about it. He was well and truly caught in the trap of helping out with the Defenders now... whether that was for better or for worse. His pessimistic outlook steered him towards the latter, although it wasn't as if he could have done anything else. It was help or... well, who knew the consequences of not helping out with something like magic going wild, invaders attacking, and all the other chaos of Dragons' Cove at the moment. It wasn't morally right to sit back and let everything wash over him like he had always done before now.
That had kept him out of trouble, though.

He had to sleep on things, his tired mind couldn't work out the important things Lola had said from those that weren't. How did humans do this diurnal thing, staying up all day long? The dragon excused himself to catch a few hours of shuteye.

The stars had shone brightly that night, and Rilos had more than a little to tell Atleon when they reconvened at his tent another day and night ahead. It was quite big enough for the prince to occupy with plenty of room, but fitting a big dragon like Rilos... a bit more difficult. He hovered outside, earning strange looks, until he plucked up the courage to shyly poke his nose inside the tent flap.
"Prince?"

It was with less finesse that Hone appeared at Atleon's tent, tail waggling from side to side as she slid to a stop. Was she late? Had she missed all the excitement? Rilos was there, nose demurely hidden from view, although she couldn't see if anyone else was yet. She ruffled her wings into order and tried to hide that she was a little out of breath, having run halfway across camp. Of all the evenings to be kept behind by her patrol, tonight had to be the one!

Last edited by Rogue on Sat Nov 05, 2016 5:29 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Eldarwen
Admin
Eldarwen

Things that I am :
  • Alarmingly Excellent
  • Minion of Monty
  • Thrall of Zay

PostSubject: Re: Best of the Best [Eldar x Rogue]   Best of the Best [Eldar x Rogue] - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed May 11, 2016 11:00 am

Lola bobbed her head at Atleon in farewell and gladly followed Hone. She didn’t know this place but it seemed fairly easy to get one’s bearings after a while. She didn’t mind the lash dragon’s banter either, though she didn’t hear half of it, too tired to focus on anything but putting one foot in front of the other. Besides the thought of sleep and food, now that those had entered her mind, were overruling anything else.

The food was… well it was food and Lola was so hungry that she didn’t even pay attention to what she was eating, only that it filled a primal need. Once she was pointed to a place where she could rest, the antler dragon was asleep before she had fully settled herself.

She wasn’t sure for how long she slept but when she woke up, it felt like it had not been long enough, not by far. However, duty called and she could always sleep later. Meeting with Atleon was more important than catching up on a bit of sleep, though it seemed as if she had slept not only through the night but also through the next day. Luckily for her, it wasn’t quite time to meet the prince yet. It was a pleasant surprise however to find that somebody had left a generous meal for her, which she instantly proceeded to devour.

Less wobbly on her legs than the previous night, and somewhat more able to focus on her surroundings, Lola decided it would be easier to take flight and try to locate the prince’s tent that way rather than trying to wiggle her way through the town. She had no idea where she was after all. Once spotted, the antler dragon gently glided to her destination, trying to strain her wings as little as possible as they had started screaming in protest the minute she had taken to the air.

“Greetings,” she said once she arrived, the last one of the three dragons.

Atleon looked up, surprised, as the dragons arrived one after the other and made their presence known to him. He had been pouring over yet again over parchments, maps and whatnot, and it looked as though he had been doing that all afternoon without even realising the time passing. Again, he had skipped dinner. Some day he would have to get some more food again or he wasn’t going to be able to keep this up much longer. But that would have to wait until later. They had important matters to discuss. Food could wait.

“Good evening!” he returned before he proceeded to roll back one side of the tent so that Rilos could be a little more comfortable while they had their talk. Hone and Lola would fit but well, Rilos… Already with just his head partially poking into the tent, he was taking up quite a bit of room.

“I’m glad you could all make it. Please make yourselves comfortable, while I finish reading this document. It may take a few more minutes.”

Back to top Go down
Rogue
Rogue

Things that I am :
  • Alarmingly Excellent
  • Chatbox Spammer
  • Underling of Eldar

PostSubject: Re: Best of the Best [Eldar x Rogue]   Best of the Best [Eldar x Rogue] - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 19, 2017 8:41 pm

"Oh, thank you," said Rilos, as the prince opened up the tent a little wider for him to see the insides. He was constantly amazed by the structures humans constructed, and this was no less impressive that any other- fabric hide, stretched to create an inside space big enough for Atleon and any number of other two-legs! How they did invent such things was beyond the Spined Shadow. How they needed so many belongings as well, and how they carted them from one place to another... it would be such an annoyance to do such a thing.

He was admiring the delicate scrolls Atleon had been so immersed in, neck twisted to one side to see a little better through his good eye (which turned out to be a difficult task), the other dragons arrived. He retracted his head as the two smaller dragons squeezed their way past him, the Lash dragon oozing with mixed feelings, excitement, trepidation and comfort as she made a beeline for the comfortable pillows that served as... perhaps a seating area? Rilos was unfamiliar with the ways of two-legs to settle on a purpose completely. She was a fidgeter though, barely giving Atleon moments before she started to shuffle and question the antler dragon.

"Did y'sleep? I didn't. My patrol jus' didn't believe I had t'be here with t'Price, yanoo. I didnae think I was gaarn get 'ere at all." Hone's eyes were on Lola, but she couldn't help her glances in the direction of the scarred human entertaining their presence. It was all too unusual not to do a little bit of gawping. The huge dragon with his head poked through the tent was rather fantastic as well, but he wasn't famous like Prince Atleon was.
He was quite the formidable beast though, and certainly with a look like that, would be quick to fame, no doubt. She was surprised she hadn't heard of such a fierce warrior before now. Perhaps because he was so quiet, he almost seemed to fade into the background. Even now, he was quite demure, despite his size.
"Oh, oh, did y'find anythin' with t'magic? That's why we're all 'ere, right, right?"

Rilos was somewhat reluctant to break the Prince's concentration, but there certainly was new information the man needed to hear. "Well, there were a couple of small things of importance..." Would playing it down make his news sound less severe?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Best of the Best [Eldar x Rogue]   Best of the Best [Eldar x Rogue] - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Best of the Best [Eldar x Rogue]
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2