Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Shimmering Light of Darkness (Rogue X Eldarwen)

Go down 
2 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
AuthorMessage
Rogue
Rogue

Things that I am :
  • Alarmingly Excellent
  • Chatbox Spammer
  • Underling of Eldar

Female Loveliness : 69

Shimmering Light of Darkness (Rogue X Eldarwen) - Page 6 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Shimmering Light of Darkness (Rogue X Eldarwen)   Shimmering Light of Darkness (Rogue X Eldarwen) - Page 6 Icon_minitimeFri May 17, 2013 6:41 pm

Rilos looked from Delano to the guardian and back at their conversation, interested in what had passed, but not so much that he wanted to be detained from his dessert for a long time by it all.
But not only was it sorted quickly, but with a happy ending too! At such a result, Rilos could have jumped for contentment at such an outcome, if he were a more outgoing sort of dragon. As it was, he wasn’t really the sort for such open displays, so settled for a fond smile at the scene. For all his boasting, the shadow- well, not so much more, now just an elephant- shadow elephant was quite striking in his black and elephanty shapeliness. Not particularly intimidating, but he stood out enough. And if Delano was happy to be an elephant of small stature but great confidence, then let him be such!

“Very strange indeed. I think I prefer my wings and scales.” Rilos tried to keep his voice down as he spoke to Abraxas, his eyes flicking from her to the elephant and back, but it seemed as if Delano had not heard, for he showed no sign of responding.
He looked back up to the guardian again as he spoke, his tails twitching in restrained excitement at the talk of their goal. Finally! After all this waiting, actual directions to the desert dessert.
“Which way is it, please? Is it far?” He pressed forwards a step in eagerness, making the guardian chuckle.

“No, it is not far, not at all. Do you see that big rock, over there?” He pointed to one up the hill they had skidded down to the lake’s edge, the first time they had met with the guardian. “Head towards that, then when you get to it, turn right and walk along the hill ridge. You’ll see it soon enough after a bit of walking.”

Rilos could hardly restrain himself from running off at that moment towards the rock, but had enough sensibilities in his head to thank the guardian and say goodbye to the strange pair (who now seemed to be getting on well, all things considered). Although, his excitement was not as easily concealed when he looked towards Abraxas.
“I think, with all haste, if you do not have any objections… to the desert dessert?”
Back to top Go down
Eldarwen
Admin
Eldarwen

Things that I am :
  • Alarmingly Excellent
  • Minion of Monty
  • Thrall of Zay

Female Loveliness : 68

PostSubject: Re: Shimmering Light of Darkness (Rogue X Eldarwen)   Shimmering Light of Darkness (Rogue X Eldarwen) - Page 6 Icon_minitimeWed May 29, 2013 7:28 pm

Abraxas lightly brushed her wing against Rilos at the scene deploring before them. It was just too amazing to be true. Everyone seemed to get their happy ending and she really, really hoped they were going to get theirs too. Either way, even if there was still another hardship to master, they had achieved so much already by only being there for someone else in need. It was a rather good feeling, the horse dragon had to admit. However, she also had to admit that she wasn’t quite certain if some other time she would spend so much time again trying to fulfil other people’s wishes than she had now.

“U-huh,” Abraxas agreed to Rilos’s statement. As lovely as fur was, scales were easier to clean, and she most definitely preferred having wings that could actually enable her to fly. She had been forced to taste the world from a grounded dragon’s point of view for long enough now and she was glad that she didn’t have to endure that at all times.

“Objections? Me? Hell no!” The horse dragon grinned at her companion as the fever of finally, finally having their destination within reach was starting to tickle her all over. Turning towards the merman and the shadow elephant once again, she too said her thanks and took her leave from the two of them.

“Up, up we go!” she chuckled as they mounted to the top of the hill. They had barely reached the top when the hedgecats crowded all around them again, meowing and jumping up and down in their joy to see them again, all in one piece.

With a hearty laugh, Abraxas nudged a few of them before trotting off along the ridge of the hill as the guardian had instructed them. “Looks as though we weren’t the only ones eager to get to the dessert desert.” As she contemplated her own words, she cocked her head lightly to the side as she looked at Rilos. “Do you think that maybe the hedgecats have been looking for this place all along themselves as well? Maybe that was the reason they accompanied us? Oh, I cannot wait to get there! I really hope it is as wonderful as I think it is. Just think: candy everywhere! Chocolate! Icecream! Cake! In all the craziest variations we could possibly ever imagine! Rilos, Rilos! This is going to be so awesome!”

The way to the dessert desert wasn’t quite as short however as the guardian had made it out to be but then again, she shouldn’t have been surprised. The merman really hadn’t been all too good with distances or proportions. The only worry that this brought up for her was the fact that maybe the dessert desert wasn’t quite as big as she was hoping for it to be. “Do you think it was really as large as your friend Zack said? Or do you think that maybe both him and the guardian may have exaggerated due to their size or their concept thereof?” She knew she shouldn’t worry so much about it and simply enjoy the anticipation of finally setting foot into the dessert desert but she couldn’t help it. Neither did she want to hang a cloud above Rilos’ head so hopefully the spined shadow dragon had a way to calm her, or maybe the dessert desert was really just literally around the next bend?
Back to top Go down
Rogue
Rogue

Things that I am :
  • Alarmingly Excellent
  • Chatbox Spammer
  • Underling of Eldar

PostSubject: Re: Shimmering Light of Darkness (Rogue X Eldarwen)   Shimmering Light of Darkness (Rogue X Eldarwen) - Page 6 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 05, 2013 8:16 pm

“Maybe they were looking for the dessert desert too! It seems like an awfully long way for them to travel on their own though.” Rilos and even Abraxas were much bigger than the hedgecats, and it seemed a long way for the pair of them to traverse, let alone creatures a tenth of their size and not nearly as… well, focussed, it seemed, from the way they leapt around at every opportunity given. Perhaps they just drifted from one place to the next over time, following whoever they came across on heading in the direction they thought best in the hope of then finding said person.
In some ways, it was probably a good thing they had come across one another, even if it had been a bit of a shock.

There was always the thought of what lay ahead of them to entertain though, and Abraxas’ words quite firmly brought Rilos back to more positive thoughts. “Oh yes, I cannot wait. Whipped chocolate cream, and pastry, and little cookies, oh I am dying for some.” He licked his lips and stared longingly into the sky for a moment, seeing a big bowlful of the stuff floating in front of his eyes, close enough to snap out at and swallow whole, it seemed so tangible. He had to drag his eyes away from the sky and look at something more real quite quickly, before he made a fool of himself snapping at the air and finding nothing actually in front of him.
“I do hope it is big enough. He is quite small, but even a dessert desert must be quite big, to hold all the different puddings he described. He went into quite a lot of detail, so much so I was slavering at the mouth and begging him to stop before it all got too much.” Again, thinking about it all had him desiring all the things that had been mentioned, by both Zack, and Abraxas, and himself too in their journey. And now, so close to the end! He looked ahead eagerly, waiting to see some sort of break in the rocky ridge in front of them, but could not yet see anything along their course that looked either pink (a telltale sign of dessert, or at least, that was what he imagined), nor anything sticky, or a smell in the air that sung of sweetness. The ‘short walk’ was turning out to be slightly longer than expected…

He was so busy looking out into the horizon for something big, he missed the small upturned piece of cheesecake on the ground until he stepped on it, creamy topping oozing out all under his claws. It felt strange and he stopped, a grumpy look on his face until he turned up his paw to see the mess and found all the biscuity pieces looking distinctly… well, biscuity. With a glance to Abraxas, he sniffed at it, his face losing its disgruntled creases quickly.
“It’s dessert!” He looked up at her quickly, eyes alight with excitement as he looked all around, shaking his paw as a hedgecat came to lick cheesecake from it. “Can you see it anywhere? We must be close!” He padded a few steps over to the edge of the ridge they were on, peering down the hill, then along, then his face lit up with obvious wonder.
“I think… I think I see it. Abraxas! Dessert!”
Back to top Go down
Eldarwen
Admin
Eldarwen

Things that I am :
  • Alarmingly Excellent
  • Minion of Monty
  • Thrall of Zay

PostSubject: Re: Shimmering Light of Darkness (Rogue X Eldarwen)   Shimmering Light of Darkness (Rogue X Eldarwen) - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 06, 2013 6:44 pm

“That must have been quite the sight!” Abraxas laughed at Rilos’ description of when Zack first told him about the dessert desert, but she was sure she would not have been any different. The mere thought of so many different sweets was making her mouth water. She had to forcefully tear her mind away from it before she actively started drooling. Instead, she focused upon the horizon just like Rilos in hopes of seeing a sign of their destination at every step.

When her companion suddenly stepped into a piece of cheesecake and a piece of it splattered onto her leg, the horse dragon looked down and stared at it, unbelieving. The crumble sticking to her leg looked so alluring that she would have slobbered it up right there and then but she felt a little foolish so she ended up shaking it off and beamed at Rilos.

“Is it? Is it really?!” She didn’t quite know why she even asked for confirmation. The consistency on the floor and her leg as well as the smell permeating the air around the squashed piece were speaking volumes about lovely dessert and Abraxas could barely hold in a squeal. “Rilos! Do you know what that means?!”

When the spined shadowdragon moved forwards and his face lit up, Abraxas instantly followed to peer over the edge herself and actually did let out a squeal of joy while jumping up and down. “We did it! We did it!” Unable to stop jumping for joy, she bumped into Rilos and nearly took a tumble down the hill but she didn’t care. “Rilos, we really did it! We found it!” All the hedgecats had finally caught up with their excitement and they too were lining themselves up the ridge, looking from the dessert desert to the dragons and back. Before even waiting for the dragons to decide what to do next, they began rushing down the hill towards sweet bliss with a cacophony of meowing and squeaking.

“They’ve got it right,” Abraxas smiled. “Let’s follow them! I think we all deserve to indulge in this now.” Bumping Rilos in a friendly manner, she shot him another grin before running off down the hillside as well, full of anticipation. With every step, the smell of dessert began to grow stronger and she would have taken off into the air to fly into the desert, except this was much more fun, running towards it, surrounded by excited hedgecats and pieces of cake and cookies randomly decorating the hill here and there. It was like heaven. That was until she stopped right in front of the dessert desert.

“This is like paradise,” she whispered as she took in the wonderfulness that presented itself before her eyes. “Unbelievable.” The smell was heavenly and the horse dragon swayed from side to side as she tried to take it all in but there were just too many of them. And the desserts themselves, they looked so wonderful! “I don’t know where to start!”
Back to top Go down
Rogue
Rogue

Things that I am :
  • Alarmingly Excellent
  • Chatbox Spammer
  • Underling of Eldar

PostSubject: Re: Shimmering Light of Darkness (Rogue X Eldarwen)   Shimmering Light of Darkness (Rogue X Eldarwen) - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 06, 2013 7:03 pm

Rilos couldn’t keep his eyes off the beautiful sight in front of him now, now they had actually found the desert dessert. It was… it was unbelievable. Almost as if such a place shouldn’t exist, that it was just a place of dreams- but no, there it was, spread in front of them like the best-laid table that had ever been created!
“We… we did do it!” He grinned widely to hear Abraxas so excited, flicking a glance towards her before shuffling his feet, eager to be down amongst all the sweet treats now, without another moment of hesitation. The hedgecats were quite getting in the way now, at this new view, and he almost fell over one of them as they rushed forwards meowing and squeaking.

“Yes, I want to be down there now! The dessert desert!” It was incredible, no matter how many times he said it. He looked at the horse dragon with a little shock to feel her nudge his side, then grinned widely again with all his teeth on show, not hesitating one bit to follow her swiftly down the hill. He opened his wings open wide to coast a little over the ground, worried he might fall over one of the hedgecats, and also not wanting to look at the ground in front of him too much and forsake his view of the beautiful dessert in front of him. He had to pull in his wings quickly as Abraxas came to a halt at the edge of the desert, skidding to a halt a few steps in front of her, paws sliding on the layer of cake that suddenly seemed to make up the ground.
“I think that it is paradise.” Rilos’ voice was as full as awe as Abraxas’ was, and he looked across at her with the brightest of faces before turning to the dessert deliciousness in front of him. “Well, first I think… I think some icecream, and then éclairs, and then anything we come across in the meantime!”
Back to top Go down
Eldarwen
Admin
Eldarwen

Things that I am :
  • Alarmingly Excellent
  • Minion of Monty
  • Thrall of Zay

PostSubject: Re: Shimmering Light of Darkness (Rogue X Eldarwen)   Shimmering Light of Darkness (Rogue X Eldarwen) - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 07, 2013 6:54 am

Frantically nodding her agreement, Abraxas beamed at Rilos. “Yes, yes, let’s taste it all!” Some icecream actually did sound good by way of getting some liquid into her. She knew it didn’t quite work that way, but she didn’t quite care about technicalities. Somewhere in the pile of awesomeness in front of them, there would be milkshakes and the likes too, she was sure and she could satiate her thirst with plenty of those. But later. First she needed to...

And without further ado, she stepped forwards and up to a mouth-watering looking piece of chocolate cake and heartily bit into it. The flavour exploded in her mouth and she closed her eyes to better savour it, slowly chewing as the substance of the cake was slowly starting to fill her down to her very core. What a wonderful chocolate cake this was! Still moist and so very chocolatey, it was fantastic! “Rilos, you’ve got to try this!” she said through another mouthful, spraying chocolate crumbs everywhere.

Time seemed to have stopped in this place and while dragons and hedgecats were making their way through the desserts, the sun seemed to smile down upon them as if to reward them for reaching their destination as well. Not even a fish lover could deny that this place was so, so, so much better than the merman’s fish table, as lovely as that had been. Nothing could compare to this. Nothing!

“Zack was right,” Abraxas grunted as she finally laid down for a rest on the floor a little bit away from the dessert desert so as not to fall asleep in layers of cake and then wake up with icing as her new coat. As great as the smell would be, movement would be a pain. “Oh, I ate too much, I think,” she complained in a merry way before letting herself fall back completely and stretched out on the ground to appease her overfull belly.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Shimmering Light of Darkness (Rogue X Eldarwen)   Shimmering Light of Darkness (Rogue X Eldarwen) - Page 6 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Shimmering Light of Darkness (Rogue X Eldarwen)
Page 6 of 6Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6