Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

The Dragons Have disappeared.

Go down 
2 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage

The Dragons Have disappeared. - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Dragons Have disappeared.   The Dragons Have disappeared. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun May 02, 2010 3:19 am

Alaron was taken aback at the fury and rage that Talos had let out at the sky. The figure, known as Kol, had gone away and didn't return back to them. Apparently there were clans of Avian's, and there was a war between two of the clans. Alaron looked at Talos's uncovered chest and slightly blushed. "It's ok Talos. You saw the feud that i had between myself and that elf..." She coughed a bit "Velvet. Our town and my regimet of soldiers have been at war with the elves since our first expedition to take care of an orc encampment. They slayed one of my best friend when we were asleep and preparing ourselves for the next day. The fury i hold for the elves is strong and i won't trust one any time soon. If we need to keep an eye out for this... Avian known as Kol, then so be it. My bow will be ready next time." She informed, trying to hide the slight discomfort and embarrassment that she held for seeing a topless male, and an avian at best, infront of her. "Heh, think of it this way, at least you still have your pants." she said, giving a wink.

There was no more sign of flame in the night, and no more sign of Kol. Alaron shuddered as the night air decided to chill her very bone. She looked around, trying to see if there were anymore avians or flying beings in the sky, but it was short lived when she felt the feeling of being watched.

and indeed she was.

Hidden, down low in a bush, was a runtish dragon. Her wings had the consistancy of feathers and hair, making her unable to fly. Her blue nose and horns trying to blend into a bush her red face was able to blend in ok with branches. The rest of her body was covered in darkness. Hiding was kind of working. In the clearing, she could see the beings of humans and avians, however, stalking them might not have been a good idea. She saw one of the females start to walk over to her bush after hearing "We are being watched." 'scarper' she thought and then ran off at lightning speed.

Alaron had, indeed, started walking over to the bush where the dragon had once been. Drawing her sword, she snuck up and the struck at the bush, leaping as she did so. What she struck was nothing but a bush. "I was sure..." She murmered before turning back to the group she was talking with before. She reached her hand back to scratch her right shoulderblade. Her face blushed immencely at the embarrassment of striking nothing.

Alaron returned to the group with a red and embarrassed face. she looked to everyone. "Sorry about that... i was sure were were being watched, however, we wern't... now what was i saying before the avian attacked Talos?"
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Dragons Have disappeared.   The Dragons Have disappeared. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun May 02, 2010 6:32 am

Terrowin blushed as Alaron scolded him, and he made a muttered apology. He listened as she spoke to the pair of Avians, nodding when necessary, and glancing at Rae every few minutes. She had shown signs of recognizing him, but it appeared that no one suspected of their knowing each other. He also studied the other male Avian. He had a thick accent, one that Terrowin had a hard time to hold his amusement. However, he was obviously a hardened warrior, or at least had practice with a bow.

He was about to say something when another creature, out of nowhere, came out from the fire and attacked Talos. He cried angrily and reached for his sword, only to strike it at an empty sky. As he swiped, a sharp pain lanced through his leg, and he fell to one knee, shuddering. 'Damn wound,' he thought, standing shakily. The creature had vanished as quickly as it had appeared, and with Talos's shirt, it appeared. Terrowin cursed angrily, spitting at the ground. "What the hell was that?" he growled.

He realized that Alaron was even more shaken than him, and he put a calm hand on her shoulder. "My lady, I think that you need to rest." His statement was emphasized when she appeared to go after something in the brush, only to come back empty-handed. "I think we are all starting to see things," he told her, glancing again at the Avians. "I apologize, friends, for being so slow and clumsy. If I had been more prepared, I'm sure I could have cut him straight out of the air." As he finished speaking, he yawned, only then realizing how tired he was. "I'm going to finish cleaning the carcass, and then I'm going to bed. I would suggest that you all do the same. I have a feeling tomorrow is going to be long and tiring." With that, he strode off into the darkness, sheathing his sword and setting himself next to the deer. He continued to cut away the inedible pieces.

------------------

Rae listened to Alaron's words intensely, making sure that she understood and absorbed every word she said. She was surprised to see that she had such an obvious hatred of the elven race. She almost mentioned that she had friends who were elves, and that she should consider how racist she sounded, but decided to keep her mouth shut. She wanted to help these people, after all, and telling them they were wrong would not help matters.

Her thoughts were then interrupted by a demon-looking creature bursting out of the sky. It took Rae a moment, but she recognized the voice. It was a member of the Serenoa family (hope that's right!?). She didn't know too much about them, but she knew that Talos had a deep hatred for them, and she felt her anger boiling in the pit of her stomach. "How DARE you do that to him!?" she screamed to the empty air. She glanced at Talos, and realized that Kol had taken his shirt away from him. She would have almost been attracted, excpet for the fact that Talos was like a brother to her, and she would never think of him in any other way.

"I don't care if it's dark out. No one treats my brother like that. I'm going after him." Before she gave time for any of them to protest, she unfurled her tawny wings and flapped powerfully, immediately rising into the air. "I'll be back by morning. I'm going to make sure that he'll never come within a mile of you again." With a caring glance at Talos, she turned and took off like a rocket after the retreating figure, her staff weapon gripped tightly in her hand.

Luckily, part of the Avian's clothes were still on fire, and she managed to make him out in the darkness. As she followed him, she thought about what she knew about the Serenoa family had long been enemies of Talos's. She tried to think back as to why they shared such a hatred, but couldn't think of the reason. She continued to pursue him, and as she did so, she wondered what she would do when she got to him. She didn't think it would be right to kill him; she had nothing against the man herself, except for the fact that he had shown such rudeness to Talos. Perhaps she should beat him into submission, and force him to swear that he would never treat Talos like that again. She didn't even stop to think about what to do if the male Avian was stronger; she was too full of fury.

Eventually, she caught up, and pulled up beside the male. She was about to beat him to the ground with her staff when she caught a glance at his face. She was immediately awestruck, and her furious thoughts fanished. He had to be the most beautiful man she had ever seen, even though he was scorched and battered. She found herself at a loss for words, and ended up gawking at him for a good few seconds before she found her voice. Her words weren't as strong as she had hoped.

"Why did you do that to Talos?" she tried to growl, but it came out as more of a soft spoken question. She cleared her throat. "I mean, I know y'all hate each others asses, but that was quite uncalled for." This wasn't going as she had planned. She felt her cheeks get hot, and she glanced away, unsure of what else to say. She decided to just wait and see what his reaction would be.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Dragons Have disappeared.   The Dragons Have disappeared. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun May 02, 2010 11:00 am

Alaron looked at her warrior with a trained eye. She knew he was injured, and the way he had tried to attack Kol after he had swooped down and taken Talos’s shirt, clearly showed that he was injured by the way he landed and nearly fell. Shaking her head, she knew the Terrowin would make sure that she wouldn’t get injured. ‘sometimes, I feel like Terrowin and the other warriors baby sit me..’ she thought giving a small scowling look. Terrowin announced his leave and left the group, that dwindled to 2 people when Rae decided to take vengeance against Kol. “She has no chance against that avian….” She murmured. Looking at Talos in a worried way, she nodded to him before getting her bow. “I’m no avian, but I know when someone has gone off to a failing dual. Talos, your to recover Rae and then return back to here.” She ordered in a controlled voice.

She then turned around and moved closer to the fire, that had now dwindled down to a few ashes and hot coals. Most of the survivors were asleep now, and those who weren’t were trying their best to get some shut eye and to forget the horror of events that had happened. The soft sound of breathing could be heard in Alaron’s ears. It kind of soothed her a little. Moving towards Terrowin, she smiled a little. “My friend. You need rest as much as I do.” She said softly to the warrior. She sat next to the beast that he was carving up for the breakfast meal in the morning. Sighing, Alaron began to question “Terrowin, What do think about the Avians…. And… do you think I should trust them?” Her mind beginning to bash herself up for asking for advice from someone who was much older then her. Then again, she was an 18 year old girl that was in charge of the remaining Bel~Zeri warriors.

Alarons leg started to bob up and down, trying to keep herself a little warm. The hot coals from the once big fire were doing little to satisfy her need for heat. She crossed her arms, regretting it as soon as she did so. Her breast plate was freezing cold and took all heat away from her arms. ‘I really need to find myself a decent pair of battle pants’ she thought as a shiver went up her spine. The hairs on her body were sticking up and goose bumps had formed. Sensitivity to the cold was natural for her.

‘hmm… I hope in not intruding on Terrowin’s work. I do need someone to talk to that isn’t wailing and depressed about the situation we are all now in.’
Back to top Go down
Taj
Taj

Things that I am :
  • Alarmingly Excellent
  • Dragon Hoarder
  • Troll
  • Long Poster
  • Medium Poster

Female Loveliness : 12

PostSubject: Re: The Dragons Have disappeared.   The Dragons Have disappeared. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun May 02, 2010 2:22 pm

A sense of accomplishment overwhelmed Kol as he flew through the sky. While the war against the hicks was rather nonviolent for the most part, the anger between the clans was explosive. Once he had gotten to the height he wanted, he noticed that the tips of his wings and the bottom of his pants were on fire. He turned around to pat out the flames and he noted that there was another Avian following him. He prepared to attack, thinking it was Talos, and he put his hand on his hilt of his sword.

Once the Avian caught up to him, he realized that it wasn't Talos at all, but a female Avian. A pleasant surprise, indeed. He watched as a blush came to her face and he smiled. She was cute. She was trying to be angry at him, but it was failing miserably.He decided to stop his flight and hover in the air. He gently took the female Avian's hand in his own and brought it to his lips.

Kol was rather comfortable with women and so being shirtless was not a problem for him. There were burn marks forming on his sculpted abs and beads of sweat rolled down his chest giving him a glossy look. The rest of his dress was rather simple, a pair of black pants and boots with a hilt and sword hung off of his side. His normally light blond hair was spotted with ashes from the fire that drew the attention to his bright green eyes.

"My lady, please, forgive my rude behavior. I did not realize I was in the presence of a beautiful woman." He gently placed another kiss on her hand before releasing it.

He took the time to pat down his clothing and jet black wings from the fires that were starting to burn his skin. "I'm sure you know our clans are at war with one another, and when I see that old hick I just can't help but be driven mad with anger." He let out a playful laugh as memories of some of the stupid acts they have committed against each other came to mind.

"I will also have to ask you to forgive my dress, my lady. My name is Kol Serenoa. May I know your name?" A charming grin flickered on his face as he waited for her to answer.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Dragons Have disappeared.   The Dragons Have disappeared. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon May 03, 2010 12:59 am

Terrowin glanced up as Alaron joined him by the dying flames. "I'm fine, Alaron," he said with a tired smile. "I'm used to staying up late. I'm almost finished, though." With the clink of metal against rock, he layed his carving knife against the ground and sat back, his work complete.

At her questioning, Terrowin frowned. He thought for a good few minutes, wondering if he should reveal to her his past encounter with the female Avian. Finally, he decided that there would be no harm in doing so. "Forgive me for not telling you sooner, lady," he began, frowning,"But this actually isn't my first encounter with the Avian race. I'm sorry that I didn't tell you sooner, but I was afraid that you may make too hasty a judgement in trusting them if I had told you." He bit his lip, thinking. Could he trust the Avians? If Rae was any indication of what their race was like, then he thought so. "When I met... Rae," he continued, glancing up at Alaron,"She was very kind. We were... Well, we were attacked by a wild boar, and while I could have usually easily have taken on one on my own, I was incapacitated by my... Injury." As he spoke of the old battle wound on his thigh, he rubbed it self-consciously. Even after all these years, it still caused him great pain. He shook his head. "Anyway, while I was helpless on the ground, Rae got in front of me and slayed the beast with her staff. She didn't even know me, and yet she risked her own life to save mine. I think she is trustworthy, my lady." He blew out a breath, glad to have gotten the story off his chest. He didn't like to admit that he was weak, and it took a lot of courage to tell her that tale.

He saw Alaron shivering, and, without thinking, sat closer beside her and pressed her cold body against his chest. He was still warm with adreneline from his hunt, and he knew that she could use the warmth more than he. It wasn't a romantic gesture, just simply one of friendship and trust. As he sat there, he pondered about what would happen to their village. Many people appeared like they had lost hope, and were wandering about with dead eyes, seeing nothing. He sighed. "We need to give them hope, Alaron," he told her. "If we don't, they could easily turn on us for their own selfish desires."

---------------------

Once again, Rae found herself at a loss for words as this male Avian brought her hand up to his lips. She felt her anger melting away, and though she tried to grasp onto it, it simply vanished. What had this angel done? She couldn't remember. He was too beautiful to do any harm to anyone. In the back of her mind, she recalled flames, and the angry yell of Talos, but it all seemed like a bad dream, and not reality.

She let her eyes wander over his naked chest, feeling her heart flutter at the perfection that she saw. The scorch marks only made his more rugged-looking, and his oiled skin shimmered in the distant light.

"I... It's alright," she found herself saying after her mind started working again. Beautiful? She felt herself flush more deeply as he once again kissed her hand, then released it. Her senses were starting to come back, except for her anger. She was acting like an idiot! With a mental shake of her head, she managed a shy smile.

"I suppose there are some things I'll never understand," she replied, referring to the war between the two Avians' families. "Talos is like a brother to me, though, and... Well, I didn't realize that his enemies were so attractive." She didn't know where these words were coming from, although it seemed like the right thing to say. She would do anything to make this Avian like her. This made her look past the fact that this man was calling her friend a hick, something that she normally hated.

At mention of his state, she laughed. "Forgive you?" she chuckled. "That's the most ridiculous thing I've ever heard... Kol." She let the name echo through her mind. A perfect name. "I'm Raven... But all of my friends call me Rae." She let herself level out in midair, accidentally brushing her wingtip against his.

"Would you like to go somewhere to... Talk?" she asked, motioning towards the ground. For a moment she remembered the burnt village, and Talos's angry cries, and she regretted her words. She really should be getting back. But she didn't want to leave Kol's side...

She was utterly and completely star-struck.
Back to top Go down
Taj
Taj

Things that I am :
  • Alarmingly Excellent
  • Dragon Hoarder
  • Troll
  • Long Poster
  • Medium Poster

PostSubject: Re: The Dragons Have disappeared.   The Dragons Have disappeared. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon May 03, 2010 4:51 am

Kol had a genuine smile on his face. This girl seemed so nervous around him and the blush on her face was evidence enough. He saw her eyes trace down his chest and grow even more red. Silly girl, she really was cute.

"Thank you, my lady for such kind words." He gave a slight bow and looked up. His green eyes reaching hers. "I had not realized Talos had such ladies at his side. He is a lucky man." A hint of jealousy touched his face but was quickly replaced with another smile. "I see you are close to him, and I am sorry for such behavior in front of you."

"Raven..." The name rolled off his tongue with a pleasant tone. It was a sweet name that gave a refreshing breeze in his mind. "I hope you do not mind that I call you Raven." He said and noted her blush was only growing as more time passed between then.

He thought her question over in his mind. He had not gone to talk with, anyone in ages let alone a women. Most of his time he had to spend traveling from one side of the country to the next, doing tasks to help his clan. In fact, when he found Talos he had been heading back to his clan in the mountains. He had been sent to retrieve some medicine in the mountains, rather far from their home. He had been relaxing, see as how he made it make several days faster then he predicted. Talos' shirt just added to his victory.

"Anything for you." His voice was pure velvet that had a soft purr of satisfaction to it. He descended to the earth and took in his surroundings. The moon gave the leaves a silvery glow to them. He inhaled the subtle scent of pine and it filled his lungs. A sense of peace filled him and a look of pure serenity came to his face.

"My home is on a mountain, not far from here...and the forest just enfolds you in its warm embrace, don't you think?" His eyes were far more kind then they had been. He was really grateful for the surroundings he was in and it showed.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Dragons Have disappeared.   The Dragons Have disappeared. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon May 03, 2010 6:30 am

Alaron listened to all Terrowin had to say. She nodded as she heard of his encounter with the avian race before. A smirk crossed her lips, that slowly unfolded into a smile. Alaron had never heard any of Terrowin’s stories. She felt privileged to hear this story of his close encounter with an wild boar and an avian. She had always wondered about Terrowin’s strange pain in his thigh. Now the story was out and she now knew. As Terrowin breathed out a sigh of relief, she gave a nod of appreciation to the warrior. Thoughts in her mind was going wild, however. She had to plan the fate of the survivors and think about trusting Avian’s and the… elves.

She drew in a breath and began to speak to the warrior. “I am glad that you have told me of your story. For a long time, I have wondered about your strikes of pain in your thigh. Now I know what caused it. Also, The avian Rae… She must have some guts in her. I still don’t know wether to trust the Avian’s yet. Your storys has not changed my mi…” Her sentence was cut off as Terrowin had moved closer to her and basically embraced her to get her warm. Alaron sighed a little as the body warmth went through her slowly, her cheeks started to blush red at the gesture. She looked upwards to his eyes and nodded. Her cheeks were now a shade of pink.

“Yes… We must bring hope back to the people of Bel~Zeri. Most of their hope dwelled with the dragons around, protecting us. The main reason people have lost hope, is that the dragons were not around to save us from the disaster that was put on us. In order to restore a bit of hope, we must find the dragons. Some say it’s a lost cause, I believe we can find them. If we find them, and try to find an answer about their sudden disappearance, we may be able to provide answers.” She breathed, her voice small and airy. Then, all of a sudden, plans became all ready for the next day and for after they had left. “Whilst we are out to do that, the survivors should be set to work into making this a place to stay. Shelters need to be made and people need to be hunters. For plant life, we need to have people recover seeds or find some edible plants. Before we leave, people must be given jobs. This will ensure that everyone has something to do before we go. A working brain is a brain that wont think much of what has happened.” She stated.

She didn’t say anything after that, Alaron believed that she had said too much and had babbled on a little too much. ‘oh dear…. you started to babble... thats no way to talk to a friend....’ she thought, and blushed deeply.

‘Things better get better by the morning. Even though it wont happen.’
Back to top Go down
Aero
Aero

Things that I am :
  • ME Meercat
  • Alarmingly Excellent
  • Dragon Hoarder
  • Gold Hoarder
  • Troll
  • Medium Poster
  • Chatbox Spammer
  • Rebel of Rogue

Female Loveliness : 25

PostSubject: Re: The Dragons Have disappeared.   The Dragons Have disappeared. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon May 03, 2010 9:34 pm

Talo’s cry for Rae to get back on the ground and away from the treacherous Serenoa male went completely unheeded. The only thing that kept him from flying after the man with his shirt in the first place was the fact that he simply couldn’t see enough to take to the air and guarantee to not fly into every odd tree in the entire forest. He was caught in that terrible place where physical limitations collided with moral obligation, and if it weren’t for Alaron ordering him to take flight after his disappeared friend, he just might have stayed on the ground where it was safe. As it was, he cursed mightily under his breath, spreading his wings and launching himself skyward, hoping that he didn’t collide with any branches out of pure dumb luck. He would never know it, but he was very nearly grounded when his left wing tip brushed a very sturdy branch on the way up. He didn’t level out until he was sure that he could clear the tree tops, and even then kept climbing at what he thought was a slight incline, just in case he was wrong.

“Damn girl gettin’ too rowdy… Next time I see ‘er brother…” He never finished that sentence, but thought of all the things he would say to said brother, and Rae that might curb her reckless behavior a little. Adventures were fine, but going out of your way to do something stupid was an entirely different matter. Talos tried to still himself, reaching out with his senses to try and hear where she might have gotten off to, seeing as his vision wasn’t going to be helpful in this particular situation. The rush of wind around his face and through his feathers was distracting at first, but he filtered that out too and listened to the sound of the night, trying to pick up on where Rae and that damn Kol had gotten off to. He heard voices to his left, and angled in that direction, and caught a flash of pale skin in the night. Anger started to simmer once more as he thought of Kol talking with Rae, and it wasn’t long until he realized that they were heading for the ground.

Now, in a logical mind set, he would have had several options for going about breaking up the conference down below that he was sure was happing. For one, he could land somewhere away from them and eavesdrop in on their conversation before hurting the slimy winged scum in retaliation for having his shirt stolen. Or, he could land, not eavesdrop, and simply skip to the part where he threw rocks at the Serenoa clansmen. However, since he was not in a logical state of mind, the first two options never occurred to him. Borne on silent wings, he sized up what appeared to be an opening in the trees before simply folding his wings and letting himself plummet in a barely controlled dive. He didn’t have much time to take in the information once he was past the tree cover, but was able to tell the difference between the shirtless man with the shock of blond hair and black wings and the brown of Rae that was by far the harder color scheme to see. Letting loose a battle cry, Talos andgled his decent so that his foot would make solid contact somewhere on Kol’s body, snapping his wings out at the last second so that he wouldn’t land flat on his back in a heap.
Back to top Go down
http://seroph.deviantart.com/

PostSubject: Re: The Dragons Have disappeared.   The Dragons Have disappeared. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon May 03, 2010 9:39 pm

(dammit I've missed heaps not cool)
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: `   The Dragons Have disappeared. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue May 04, 2010 2:29 am

Terrowin felt relieved that Alaron wasn't mad about keeping his story a secret. "I'm apologize for keeping it a secret for so long. I was afraid that people would think less of me because of it." He thought a moment, then realized that people might actually understand why he sometimes fell in battle if he told them of the story. Perhaps he should tell the tale more often.

"I understand that you still don't trust the Avians. Rae, I trust, but only because of what she did for me. However, that other one, Talos... I'm not sure. He seems kind enough, but after seeing how he reacted to that other Avian, I'm a little hesitant to give him my trust. After all, if he comes with us, his presence might mean the difference between life and death."

He felt more than saw Alaron flush as he held her, and thought that it must be because he was so warm. She wouldn't feel uncomfortable around him, right? He listened to her speak, nodding is approval. "That's a great idea, my lady," he said, smiling. "While I do not have a dragon of my own, I think that a lot of the people here feel lost without them. If we're able to find them, then hope will be restored, and we will have a better chance of surviving." He prodded the fire with a stick, and hot ashes floated into the air, landing lightly on his bare hand. He studied it for a moment, wincing at the scars and bruises that covered it, and then his eyes traveled up the rest of his bare arm. When he was young, he dreamed of becoming a knight in shining armor, and while he did have that job now, of a sort, it was nothing like he had hoped. It was less about acting heroic and brave, and more about slaying men that were in your way. He had the arm of a warrior now; rippling sinews flexed in his arm as he twisted it, and various cuts and burns adorned his dry skin.

He sighed, closing his eyes, and subconsciously tightened his grip around Alaron. For some reason, he felt extremely protective of her, and knew that he would die before he ever let anyone hurt her.

--------------------

Rae finally, thankfully, felt her flushing face cool in the crisp evening air, and she trailed after Kol as he traveled to the ground. In the back of her mind, he knew that he seemed to be playing with her, deliberately teasing her so that she would follow. And even though she knew this, she couldn't help herself. He was just so perfect that she had to chase after him.

"Of course you may call me Raven," she murmured into the dark, landing lightly on a half-rotten log. She smiled at his compliments, but stayed silent. All of this praise from someone she didn't know was making her uncomfortable.

"Yes, the forest is lovely," she said, tilting back her head and letting the moon cast its light upon her face. "It's so nice sometimes to just come out and revel in the beauty of it all." And share that beauty with you, she thought, opening her eyes and looking back at him. She still couldn't completely believe that someone could be so beautiful and perfect. She was about to say so when she felt an object flying through the air, and a sharp cry shortly after.

She jumped up and ran over to Kol as Talos hit him. She nearly tripped over a root, but managed to stay upright as she gasped for air. "What are you-?" she started to say, but then realized who it was. Suddenly, memories started coming back, and she remembered why she had chased after Kol in the first place. "Talos, please, stop," she said, trying to hold back a wave of nasuea that was threatening to overwhelm her. "Please, we were just talking..." She wondered how bad she sounded. Conversing with the enemy. She should be ashamed. Before she could think, she leapt in between the two fighting males, brandishing her double-bladed staff. "Can't you just stop attacking each other for one second?" she yelled, her mouth tight in a grimace. God, Talos was going to hate her for interfering. She reached over to Kol to see if he was badly hurt, then stopped and, instead, turned over and studied Talos. He was so angry. She felt her heart burst at the expression on his face, and she had never felt so guilty in her entire life. This attack was her fault. If she hadn't chased after Kol, this never would have happened...
Back to top Go down
Taj
Taj

Things that I am :
  • Alarmingly Excellent
  • Dragon Hoarder
  • Troll
  • Long Poster
  • Medium Poster

PostSubject: Re: The Dragons Have disappeared.   The Dragons Have disappeared. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue May 04, 2010 3:52 am

As Kol was admiring the beauty of the night, and more specifically how it embraced Rae in soft light, when he felt a sudden dread fill his body. Something was wrong- it seemed as if all of his senses were screaming for him to be wary of some disgusting essence coming his way. His thoughts were cut shot when, out of nowhere, a massive force made contact with his chest and sent him propelling through the air and into the nearest tree. He lay there for a few moments as stars danced behind his eyes and his breath came in great gasps, the wind having been knocked from his lungs when he went flying through the air. What in the world had hit him with such force?

He vaguely heard Raven’s voice pleading with someone. In the frantic blur of his mind, there was a single word he caught: Talos. He looked up to see his arch rival standing where Kol had just a moment before, the moon silhouetting his face. But Kol didn’t need to see the details to recognize him, he simply knew. Rage swirled in the pit of his stomach as he sat himself up, gathering his strength and his breath, a low growl escaping his throat. Good thing he was already shirtless or else he might have to rip it off again out of pure rage.

“Raven. Please leave this place. I don’t want you to see me beat this good for nothing hick into the ground.” He knew his words would be in vain, so he walked over to her, taking hold of her shoulder and forced her to look at him, to see the seriousness in his eyes, and to piss of Talos even more.

“Don’t you dare lay another hand on her!” Talos yelled, not really sure if Kol was actually touching Rae, but having a feeling that he knew the man well enough that he figured there would be physical contact between the two.

Kol studiously ignored the blustering avian, leaning close. “Forgive me… my lady.” He whispered in her ear before promptly pushing her away, turning quickly and leaping toward Talos with a powerful flap of his wings, getting as much speed and momentum as he could before he struck the first blow.

He decided that launching a solid punch on the practically blind avian’s face would be best, and wasn’t at all prepared to have his plans come to naught. Somehow, Talos had seen Kol’s lightning quick attack and had thrown his arm out first, his fist making solid contact with Kol’s jaw. The sudden attack took him off guard, and he fell backwards, tumbling over himself in surprise. He stood and spit blood from his mouth, rubbing his jaw to make sure it hadn’t been dislocated in that blow. “You will pay for drawing blood from me.” He growled, glaring daggers at the man, which, logically, he knew that he wouldn’t be able to see.

“Only if you can hit me pretty boy.” Talos growled right back, readying himself for another attack.

Kol launched another attack, leaping high over the stationary avian, and decided to repay the first attack on him by delivering a swift kick in the head to Talos from the air. The avian staggered under the blow, and nearly fell to his knees, but Kol was on the ground before the fall could be completed. Out of nowhere it seemed, Kol had grabbed the dazed Talos, seizing him by the arm and punching him in the side of the face with all his might. Just as quickly, he let go, avoiding the flailing punch aimed in Kol’s general vicinity, but not aimed with nearly enough accuracy to be able to land the hit. Dodging several such attacks, Kol flew up to his left side and drilled another devastating blow into Talos’ ribs, feeling something give way. A pained gasp came from his opponent, and caught off guard by the minor victory, Kol found himself on the ground, Talos having swept his legs out from under him.

The blind avian seized possibly his only chance to gain the upper hand in this rather mismatched fight, trying to pin Kol since he was down. However, he was up again and had delivered a light kick to the already off-balanced man, sending him sprawling to the ground. Talos was smart enough to roll away, avioiding being kicked again by inches and he leapt to his feet, looking around wildly to catch a flash of the quick moving Kol, who could literally fly circles around him while he was blind.

The next attack came as a bear hug, Kol reaching up under Talos’ arms to pin them against his chest, and with a powerful burst of energy, sent them both high into the sky before letting gravity take its hold on them. They were angled now in a nose dive, Talos struggling with all of his might to be released from Kol’s grip, flapping in vain to try and right their course that meant certain doom for the fairly blinded avian. It was probably that struggling that saved his life, for when Kol let go at the last possible second, snapping his wings out to save himself from a bone-crunching fall, Talos was able to slow his decent just enough to avoid a fatal result. However, he still landed flat on his back, his breath leaving his body in a great whoosh and tried gasping for air that wouldn’t fill his lungs, his vision going dark briefly from the impact.

Kol landed on the ground and scowled at the fallen avian, breathing hard from the fight and spitting out the blood that still filled his mouth from the first attack. He wiped some blood away that had trickled from the corner of his mouth, a small sense of victory filling him from seeing Talos incapacitated as he was.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Dragons Have disappeared.   The Dragons Have disappeared. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue May 04, 2010 4:58 am

'Oh God, oh God, oh God,' Rae thought desperately. 'This is not happening.' As Kol spoke to her, she felt her legs go weak, and when he pushed her away, she stumbled and fell down on her knees, just in time to dodge the duo as the fight began. The whole while, it felt as if the world was slowed down, and time seemed to nearly stand still. Even in the gloom, she could see every punch, every kick that the two made towards each other. She wanted to scream at them, to tell them to stop, to say that this fight was useless. But she couldn't move, and her voice failed her. She could only watch helplessly as they pounded on each other mercilessly, finally ending in Talos hitting the ground with a dull thud, and Kol standing victory over his opponent. Blood spattered the ground, and Rae felt her cheeks were wet. At first she thought she had somehow been hurt as well, but then she realized that tears were streaming down her cheeks. Never before had she felt such a profound sense of hopelessness, of desperation, of utter isolation. She also felt... Guilt. She knew that this was her fault. And she could do nothing to repent for it.

Finally, the strength came back to her legs, and she stumbled over to where Talos lay on the forest floor, ignoring Kol for the moment. "Talos... Talos..." she murmured, brushing his blood-soaked hair out of his face. "Please. Wake up." Tears were still pouring out of her eyes, but her voice was strangely calm, as if this was all a dream. She placed her hands over his cheeks, wiping away the blood from his numerous wounds. She then moved down to his torso, feeling for any broken bones. Her movements were gentle, and the only thing that was keeping her sane was thinking that this wasn't real. It couldn't be. She felt a rib on his right side that appeared to be cracked, and she stifled a breath of relief. At least none were broken. She moved on to his wings, which were in worse condition. He had nearly dislocated them both, and, since he appeared to be only semi-conscious, she took the chance to shift them back into place, wincing at the awful pop that came with it. After she finished checking the rest of his body, she rested her hands on his chest and lay her head against his bare neck.

"I'm so sorry," she murmured, closing her eyes momentarily. When she opened them again and finally turned to Kol, she expected to feel an intense rage against him. But she didn't. She stood and slowly walked over to him, stopping when she was only a handsbreadth away. He didn't appear to be broken in any places, and so she just repeated the gesture that she had done with Talos and wiped the blood away from his hair and face, all of her previous nervousness of him gone. "I... I don't know what to say," she said quietly, looking down. She felt so many emotions run through her - guilt, anguish, love, shame, hopelessness - that she was nearly overwhelmed. I can't choose, she thought.

And so, after placing a tender kiss on Kol's cheek, she walked past him and out into the night. She didn't care where she went, or what happened to her. She just had to get away. At first she was nearly stumbling, then walking, then running through the trees, trying to get as much distance from the fight as she could. When she ran out of energy, she came to a stop, heaving, and fell onto a rough piece of slate. There, she started sobbing uncontrollably. She stayed in the same position for a while, letting the sadness wash over her like a wave. Then, a separate consciousness crept into her mind, and she stopped.

It's alright, little one, Icefyre told her, brushing her fears away. They'll both be fine. You're just in shock. Let me help you. She felt her sadness being blown away from her mind, and a sense of peace came over her. Exhausted, she closed her eyes and, feeling the protective presence of her life-time companion watching over her, blacked out.
Back to top Go down
Taj
Taj

Things that I am :
  • Alarmingly Excellent
  • Dragon Hoarder
  • Troll
  • Long Poster
  • Medium Poster

PostSubject: Re: The Dragons Have disappeared.   The Dragons Have disappeared. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue May 04, 2010 5:10 am

Kol accepted the small kiss to his cheek and watched the woman walk away from them. She should not have had to witness that. He took to the skies. A sense of peace settled back on him. The sky gave him the comfort he needed to erase the memories of doing such acts in front of a lady. He may never see her again but he hoped she would be able to find it within herself to forgive him. The silvery light casting shadows on his wings. With bloody shirt in hand, Kol was never seen again.
Back to top Go down
Aero
Aero

Things that I am :
  • ME Meercat
  • Alarmingly Excellent
  • Dragon Hoarder
  • Gold Hoarder
  • Troll
  • Medium Poster
  • Chatbox Spammer
  • Rebel of Rogue

PostSubject: Re: The Dragons Have disappeared.   The Dragons Have disappeared. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue May 04, 2010 3:21 pm

Lying on the ground, his whole body aching, Talos could only struggle for breath, insanely relieved when he was able to take a huge breath of fresh air, though that brought on a whole new set of pain. He was barely aware of Rae's soft touch, though he couldn't help but utter a small cry of pain when he felt her pop his wings back into place, and he struggled to sit up, knowing that Kol couldn't be far away and had to want to finally finish the job. Their personal feud went far beyond that of the general hatred between their two families, and Talos was at a severe disadvantage in this darkness, his vision shot and the damned Serenoa knew it. From the beginning, the Estoen had known that his chances of winning this fight were slim to none. Kol was much more experienced at hand to hand combat, and while Talos had some basic wrestling and knife skills, it was nothing in comparison to that of the sword fighter. However, instead of coming under attack again, he looked up just in time to see Rae lean close before disappearing into the forest, Kol taking off shortly after into the night. It seemed that his life would be spared... this time...

Struggling, he managed to roll himself onto his side, which was a huge mistake because it brought sharply to his awareness the cracked rib in his side. For a long moment, he couldn't move because of the pain, but he mastered himself again and rose unsteadily to his feet, holding his side and trying valiantly to ignore the pointed aching in his wings. He wiped away what he thought was sweat on his face, but it turned out to be blood, and he wondered when Kol had landed such a hit on him. Then again, the entire right side of his face was about to swell up and turn into an ugly bruise, or at the very lest his jaw was, so he wasn't in the right mindset to be sure what had or hadn't happened to him during the fight. It was mostly an indistinct blur to him now, the flashes of color splotched with strike of pain. However, even above the pain, one thought prevailed; he had to find Rae. Who knew where she had gone off to? He couldn't really return to camp in this condition anyway; it would be too dangerous to fly blind and wounded. So, picking up the shattered bits of his pride, Talos began to wander in the direction that he had seen Rae take off in.

"Rae! Raven!" He called into the darkness, eyes searching blindly for the girl. He hoped that she hadn't taken off flying, because then he really wouldn't be able to find the girl. It was pure luck that he'd found the two the first time, and now that she was being quiet, it was going to be nigh impossible to find the girl. "Raaaaaveeeeen!" He called again and again, hoping to get some sort of response from the girl. Damn! Where had she gone? Something caught his ear, the barest hint of a sound, and he ran toward it, nearly tripping over everything in his path. The trees cleared, and the soft squish of grass and earth changed into the harder footfalls of stone, and he could make out a darkened figure against the silvery moon-lit rock. "Raven?" He crept forward, no movement coming from the falling figure. Though, as he came closer, he could see the shape of wings become apparent, and knew that it was her.

Talos knelt down by her side slowly, reaching out to touch that familiar face, and his hands came back wet with the tears. "Oh Rae..." He sat for a long moment before pulling his back pack off his back, slowly because the stretching of his arms and torso caused the pain in his side to flare. Digging out his cloak, he settled the material over her, wrapping himself in the warmth of his wings against the night chill.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Dragons Have disappeared.   The Dragons Have disappeared. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 08, 2010 8:33 am

"We should rest. I know that i wont be able to stay up much longer, and considering the fact i have been up for a long amount of time, my mind needs to start to shutdown for a few." Alaron said before leaving Terrowin's arms and then moving herself to a tree. She curled around the tree and let herself slip into a restless slumber.

However, as much as she tried to do sleep, it wouldn't come to her. The events of the night that was going on kept in her head. She recalled everything that had happened, from Talos showing up to being attacked by Kol. 'things arn't about to get easier.'

She turned over and gazed to the starry sky, pointing out certain stars and consonants. She smiled as she did so, it was a favorite past times she used to have.

'may the stars guide us'

ooc:// sorry for the crappy post.
Back to top Go down
Aero
Aero

Things that I am :
  • ME Meercat
  • Alarmingly Excellent
  • Dragon Hoarder
  • Gold Hoarder
  • Troll
  • Medium Poster
  • Chatbox Spammer
  • Rebel of Rogue

PostSubject: Re: The Dragons Have disappeared.   The Dragons Have disappeared. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Jun 12, 2010 4:44 pm

The sun rose slowly, the sky painted pink and orange as the warm fingers of dawn’s first light crept over the sleeping land and the stars began to fade. The forest slowly came alive, and one man woke almost immediately once the early light of dawn brushed his face. Talos was roused from his light sleep easily, having spent a rather uncomfortable night sitting by Rae’s side. How she managed to sleep soundly on the cold rock, he couldn’t comprehend.

Looking toward the dawn, he felt a measure of peace that always came with the returning of the daylight. The murky picture of the forest his eyes painted for him was clearing up, the details sharpening with every passing moment until he could pick out every individual leaf and branch on the trees, the blades of grass that poked up from the rich earth where the light could reach, and the small forest dwelling creatures lurking around on their morning rounds. It was insanely comforting to have his vision back, and decided that it was probably time to get back to camp. Perhaps they would have an extra shirt that he could borrow? It would be an awkward day indeed if he had to go through it all with only his trousers and cloak, and he wasn’t entirely sure where the next nearest market would be for him to purchase some new clothing.

He sucked in a sharp breath as he leaned forward to wake Raven, his damaged ribs screaming with pain at the small movement, which hurt every time he tried to breathe. The side of his face felt a little swollen, and wouldn’t have been at all surprised to see the fist-sized bruise on his face that had turned an ugly shade of purple overnight. He wasn’t really in any sort of shape to be traveling, but being out in the wilderness like this, he really didn’t have any other choice than to keep moving.

“Rae.” He whispered, shaking the girl gently. “C’mon, let’s get up. We should head back.”
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Dragons Have disappeared.   The Dragons Have disappeared. - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The Dragons Have disappeared.
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2