Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

The Forest of Tarz (Exxor x Eldarwen)

Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage

The Forest of Tarz (Exxor x Eldarwen) Empty
PostSubject: The Forest of Tarz (Exxor x Eldarwen)   The Forest of Tarz (Exxor x Eldarwen) Icon_minitimeSun Feb 06, 2011 10:33 am

The morning was calm and peaceful. Exxor had only moved into the town of Tarz a few weeks before. He had gone ahead to train under the blacksmith of the town, being that he would have to make money for himself eventually, to live in a fairly stable condition. As it would be his weekend off, he decided to start his morning by walking through the woods just outside the town. The smell of fresh dew seemed to lighten his senses, and help him wake faster than he normally would. His ears perked and twisted in every which way, listening to the birds chirping, frogs croaking, and the occasional woodpecker that would peck at some of the trees. Where he was walking though, eventually he would hear the sound of moving water. Deeming that it wouldn't hurt to see, decided to investigate. Soon enough, however, he came across the River of Tarz. He took a gander at the river, and since he had been walking a fair distance, decided to sit at the bank, and take in all of the scenery that the forests had to offer. 'This place is much better than where I used to live...' he thought to himself. He stopped before he could think anymore. He had too many losses where he used to live, and didn't want to stop, and go back there, ever again.
Back to top Go down
Eldarwen
Admin
Eldarwen

Things that I am :
  • Alarmingly Excellent
  • Minion of Monty
  • Thrall of Zay

Female Loveliness : 68

PostSubject: Re: The Forest of Tarz (Exxor x Eldarwen)   The Forest of Tarz (Exxor x Eldarwen) Icon_minitimeSun Feb 06, 2011 10:50 am

As it happened so many times lately, Selene was walking through the forest in the early morning hours, trying to clear her mind, mainly mentally yelling at someone and cursing out loudly for the mess she had gotten herself into again. It had been days since she had last earned any kind of money for running small errands, the only thing she basically could do since she didn’t want to base herself and start being a housemaid for one of the richer families. She did not have any other talents other than her quick wit and her rather sarcastic humour, and she had not learned a trade, though she had picked up a bit of knowledge on some things, she was unable to practice any of them.

However, she was running out of curses, which was a new thing for her. There was no use to curse this or that or anyone else, or shout at her brother – who couldn’t even hear her – for leaving her in this pickle. Ultimately, she had to blame herself for the mess she had gotten herself into thought it was not something she really wanted to admit. She had left her parental home to go out into the world to make it on her own because she could not stand being around them anymore. Selene had felt too oppressed, too guided and restrained. When her parents had wanted to marry her off for the gazillionth time, she had wished the pest down on their heads and furiously left the house without turning back. Now, of course, she was regretting this move, though it was probably too late. For all she knew her parents had died in that awful fire, along with her younger sister, though she couldn’t be sure. She could however not bring herself to go back and check, she just couldn’t. As it was she was seeking refuge at a friend’s place in Tarz, trying to get by somehow.

As she trampled on through the forest, she suddenly stumbled upon the river, having lost her sense of direction and wondering how she had ended up here if she had started out in a completely different direction, or so she had thought, which in turn was pissing her off even more, after already having had a fight with her friend’s husband. This morning was not starting out well, really not. Picking up a stone from the floor, she furiously threw it into the river, putting all her frustration behind it, making the surface of the water break in a very loud splash, sending the water flying in every possible direction.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Forest of Tarz (Exxor x Eldarwen)   The Forest of Tarz (Exxor x Eldarwen) Icon_minitimeMon Feb 07, 2011 6:43 pm

Exxor heard the angry yell, and the smashing of the rock into the river. His ear perked to those things, sensing a whole messload of anger from it. He didn't want to bring himself to investigate, not wanting to get tangled in any drama of the sort, but he couldn't help himself but go to look and see. He stopped far enough to where he wouldn't really be noticed by this woman. Though he could see her clearly, and she was very angry. He had the nerve to go ask her, but thought about how to approach a highly pissed off female. He had accidental bouts with women who were angry, and most of the time, was caught in the middle, and few times, smacked and pushed around as well. Though he swallowed his pride, and decided to walk over, just wanting to ask what was the matter.
Back to top Go down
Eldarwen
Admin
Eldarwen

Things that I am :
  • Alarmingly Excellent
  • Minion of Monty
  • Thrall of Zay

PostSubject: Re: The Forest of Tarz (Exxor x Eldarwen)   The Forest of Tarz (Exxor x Eldarwen) Icon_minitimeTue Feb 08, 2011 7:28 am

Selene felt a little better after she had let some of her aggression flow into the movement of drowning the rock, though she was still agitated, and annoyed at the whole world. She could not keep going on like this, it would be the ruin her and of the last tiny shred of decent reputation she had left. Already her behaviour was frowned upon because she was old enough to have at least two kids and was not even married, her mouthwork having made very clear to most people why no man would take her – or so they thought. Her friend’s husband had made it quite clear today that he was not going to tolerate her underneath his roof for much longer, even though she was a friend of his wife’s, whom he loved quite dearly.

A solitary tear was winding its way out of her eye and down her cheek as she thought about the way she had spoken to him. An apology would be necessary, though she had to figure out how exactly she was going to phrase it, so she wouldn’t step on any more toes. Though suddenly she became aware of a presence not too far away from her and looked up, seeing a man walking towards her, his eyes seemingly not leaving her. Immediately, she thrust up her chin defiantly, and called out, in what was not a very friendly tone: “What are you looking at?” She couldn’t figure out what he wanted, or what he was doing out here from just looking at him, and she wasn’t sure she wanted to find out. As long as he left her in peace, they’d get along just fine.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Forest of Tarz (Exxor x Eldarwen)   The Forest of Tarz (Exxor x Eldarwen) Icon_minitimeTue Feb 08, 2011 10:15 am

Exxor was quite unphased by her angry stature, and her voice. It would have taken plenty more to frighten him, and he had already dealt with angry women before. So Selene would be no exception. He continued a bit more, then stopped, when she snapped at him. "I was just coming over to greet you." he said. "There really doesn't need to be any anger, or violence with it." His voice was sincere, but firm. He had a friendly vibe, one where he was, of course, trustworthy. He then seen that she was crying as well, seeing the glitter of the tear from her eye when she looked over. "I mean you no harm, what so ever."
Back to top Go down
Eldarwen
Admin
Eldarwen

Things that I am :
  • Alarmingly Excellent
  • Minion of Monty
  • Thrall of Zay

PostSubject: Re: The Forest of Tarz (Exxor x Eldarwen)   The Forest of Tarz (Exxor x Eldarwen) Icon_minitimeTue Feb 08, 2011 10:35 am

Selene’s gaze did not leave the man, not trusting him further than she could throw him, which would not be very far. Though she was pleased to see he had stopped walking towards her once she had opened her mouth. Her eyes narrowed at him, once he replied and she was glaring at him through the slits. “What do you know?” she hissed. “You have no idea if there’s need for anger or not,” she replied, straightening up and opening her eyes a little wider again. He did seem friendly enough, she couldn’t deny that, there seemed to be no threat in his voice, but rather sincerity. However, she still remembered the last time she had come across a handsome man in the forest, who apparently did not mean any harm. Of course, he hadn’t harmed her, he had just wanted to get into her panties – and succeeded, but that was a completely different story.

Suddenly, she became extremely aware of how pathetic she must look, as seems to be normal nowadays whenever she bumped into someone she did not know. Not that she really cared about what he thought of her, she quite simply didn’t want to look like the mess she actually was inside. Forcing herself not to wipe away the tear she could still feel sliding down her cheek, she tried to put on a brave face. Maybe he had not yet noticed she had been crying. “Who are you?” she finally asked, her tone a little friendlier now as she was fighting to get a grip over her emotions.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Forest of Tarz (Exxor x Eldarwen)   The Forest of Tarz (Exxor x Eldarwen) Icon_minitimeTue Feb 08, 2011 10:51 am

He nodded to this, giving a friendly smile. "My name is Exxor." he told her. "I had just arrived here to Tarz only a week or so ago. I came out here to explore the forest a bit." He looked over to the river, then swept his eyes across the landscape. He walked a bit closer to the river, and sat down on the bank. "The weather here seems so fitting, this time of year." he said. It was a warm, late spring day. Life had just bloomed in full with the leaves, flowers, and bees of the forest. He liked it better here. "Much different from where I used to live. It was always dank and dirty. I couldn't wait to find greener pastures like these." He had meant the river and forest, as well as Tarz. He eventually looked back to her. "What is your name, though?" he asked her. ((Just letting you know that he wouldn't have ANY intention of getting into her panties. xD))
Back to top Go down
Eldarwen
Admin
Eldarwen

Things that I am :
  • Alarmingly Excellent
  • Minion of Monty
  • Thrall of Zay

PostSubject: Re: The Forest of Tarz (Exxor x Eldarwen)   The Forest of Tarz (Exxor x Eldarwen) Icon_minitimeTue Feb 08, 2011 11:02 am

Selene blinked. Was he for real? Furrowing her brows, she watched him sit down at the river bank and start talking about greenery and landscapes, wondering where on earth that guy had come from. Though in a weird way, his babbling about the weather and environment calmed her down somewhat. His voice had a rather soothing edge to it and before long, she decided that she could always make a run for it should he turn out to be less nice than he came across now. Thus, she decided to sit down on the bank beside him, not too close however, just to make sure he couldn’t touch her without her noticing the movement. Shrugging in response, she stated: “Well, it’s a forest, so it’s green. Big deal,” though she quite quickly bit her lip again. There was no reason for her to be so snappy towards him, especially not now that she should on the contrary be rather grateful that he was beginning to tear her out of her dark mood. Returning his gaze, she replied: “My name is Selene.” Clearing her throat, she looked away, out onto the water, which was now as smooth again as ever, as if the rock had never hit its surface. “What brought you to this place then? Apart from your apparent love for greenery.” Seeing that they were quietly contemplating the very landscape she was almost mocking now, she figured she might as well be polite and ask the guy a few questions. Couldn’t hurt now, could it?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Forest of Tarz (Exxor x Eldarwen)   The Forest of Tarz (Exxor x Eldarwen) Icon_minitimeTue Feb 08, 2011 11:23 am

He saw that she didn't trust him too much. He understood that very clearly. He was a male, and she was a female. He wouldn't do a thing to harm her, or even remotely try to lure her in a way that would get him to score with her. If he did that, his own soul would be condemned to burn. Though with how she said that the forest was green, he laughed a little bit in his mind. Though he had seen that she sat down near him, but not too close. He nodded to her when she told him his name. And the question she asked, he didn't mind telling her either. "I had moved from a place off this continent here." he said. "The country I lived in before was led by some corrupt king. It was real dirty, dark, overall mood was always sad or angry. A friend of mine from back there was able to get me a ticket for a teleportation away from there, to a random place. I just so happened to be plopped here, in Tarz." He was thankful, though he wouldn't ever know what became of his friend after that. "I'm learning under the master blacksmith in town here, so I can eventually make my own weapons and armor, and sell that as well."
Back to top Go down
Eldarwen
Admin
Eldarwen

Things that I am :
  • Alarmingly Excellent
  • Minion of Monty
  • Thrall of Zay

PostSubject: Re: The Forest of Tarz (Exxor x Eldarwen)   The Forest of Tarz (Exxor x Eldarwen) Icon_minitimeTue Feb 08, 2011 11:42 am

“Hm, dark, sad, angry… I think I’d fit in very well there,” Selene mused, though of course if it came down to actually making a choice of where to live, she wouldn’t go there. She was dark enough herself sometimes, she didn’t need an environment that was even darker to make her mood drop even more. “Random teleportation, huh?” She raised an eyebrow, her voice betraying the absolute skepticism she was feeling at hearing those words. Though of course, there were many things she did not know, maybe this was indeed possible. There were enough sorcerers and magicians around, nobody knowing what it actually was they could achieve. “Hm I’ve actually considered taking up blacksmithing at some point but it wasn’t really for me.” It was hard to tell that she was not mocking Exxor at this point, but she had indeed considered learning the craft, but it was too hard work for her and she couldn’t stand the smell for hours on end. Quickly glancing at the man beside her, she let her gaze glide back to the river. “I know it’s not a job for a woman, but it sounded like a good idea at the time,” she shrugged, explaining the question he was most likely going to ask anyway, being a male. Though she did hope he was not going to condemn her for this, because reading out the implications of what it meant for a woman to consider learning a craft… She had not met many men so far that accepted a working woman. Most considered females to have to stand in a kitchen or something similar anyways. It was not for Selene. Then again, nothing really was.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Forest of Tarz (Exxor x Eldarwen)   The Forest of Tarz (Exxor x Eldarwen) Icon_minitimeTue Feb 08, 2011 11:58 am

What Exxor had seen, would drive Selene off the edge of insanity, and wanting to get out. The king of the country loved seeing anger and chaos, and held his country that way. He looked over to her when she talked of blacksmithing, and smiled. "You can always ask the blacksmith." he said. "He trains just about anyone, from what I've seen. There was a few women there, whom he had trained years before." He minded none about a working woman. He was raised to remember that no matter man or woman, anyone could do anything. So Exxor was the first one that Selene had met, who would accept her openly, and not anything otherwise. "When you want to, I can show you to where the blacksmith is. He supplies room and board to those he's training, until they're able to get a home for themselves. I'm in that pradicament now, but I'll have my own place soon."
Back to top Go down
Eldarwen
Admin
Eldarwen

Things that I am :
  • Alarmingly Excellent
  • Minion of Monty
  • Thrall of Zay

PostSubject: Re: The Forest of Tarz (Exxor x Eldarwen)   The Forest of Tarz (Exxor x Eldarwen) Icon_minitimeTue Feb 08, 2011 12:44 pm

Selene’s eyebrows raised in surprise and her head swiveled back to look at him. Was he mocking her? Or was he genuinely telling her that she should try if she so wanted? “Well that’s a first,” she stated, still astounded. “He has actually trained women? And he is still in business? Damn, he must be good then,” she continued, the surprise still in her voice as she considered what Exxor had said for a while. It would definitely be an option, especially if he was honestly providing almost everything to his trainees. Though it would definitely be very hard work in that case and he would not go easy on anyone, or at least that’s how she figured it would be. “Thank you, that is very kind, but I think blacksmithing really isn’t for me in the end. Even with training, it would be too hard physical work for me.” She knew she sounded very lame right about now, but she had never been able to really build up muscle for any kind of hard physical work. Not that she couldn’t handle anything, but that was just the kind of job that would break her, and she didn’t like to be broken, whether physically or emotionally. “Hmm,” she nodded, “I know that predicament…,” she mumbled, though she didn’t expand on the details. “Haven’t you learned a craft where you were before?” she asked, somehow curiously about this man, even though she still didn’t quite trust him.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Forest of Tarz (Exxor x Eldarwen)   The Forest of Tarz (Exxor x Eldarwen) Icon_minitimeTue Feb 08, 2011 12:53 pm

Exxor nodded. "People here are far more accepting to men and women than where I used to be." he said. He looked to her, and shrugged. "Its fine." he said. "I do remember that there is leatherworking as well. A woman, I believe, is the leatherworking master." She didn't sound lame to him at all, understanding that she just wanted to learn something that would put her to the test, rather than break her. He nodded to what she said, not asking her anymore on that. When she asked him the next question, he looked over to her. His answer was a simple shake of his head. "I couldn't." he said. "Trainees and masters from where I used to live were, *ahem* 'handpicked'." he said, doing a quotation gesture with his fingers. He wasn't miffed at her for asking, just he figured to add it in because that was how he felt when he found out. "They always looked for the best of the best, and I wasn't THE best of the best. I'm fairly decent, and I can make a claymore for myself, but I'm not the best in the world." One thing that was known about Exxor, was that he was a very humble person. And he was peaceful. Though when he was angry, or going to someone's rescue, or bringing down a criminal, he was vigilent, but never relentless.
Back to top Go down
Eldarwen
Admin
Eldarwen

Things that I am :
  • Alarmingly Excellent
  • Minion of Monty
  • Thrall of Zay

PostSubject: Re: The Forest of Tarz (Exxor x Eldarwen)   The Forest of Tarz (Exxor x Eldarwen) Icon_minitimeTue Feb 08, 2011 1:18 pm

“Accepting?!” Selene snorted. “You have met people I have never come across it seems. And where the hell have I been living in this place when I don’t even know about a female master?” Shaking her head, her eyes followed the river down towards where it would eventually end up flowing to Tarz. Who would have thought? There were actually a few more interesting people in that place than she had known. Though she was a little annoyed that nobody had told her about this, after all she was living with people who had established their family in Tarz a whole lot longer before she had ever turned up.

Grinning, Selene looked back at Exxor. “You seem very pleased about your place in the world.” She couldn’t hide the sarcasm in her voice, or rather cut it back a little. “Weren’t you the one who told me there was no reason to be angry? Seems to me like you have as much reason to be pissed off as me.” However, he didn’t seem like the kind of guy that would quickly rage at something or someone. He seemed far too calm for it, and his voice definitely was not one that seemed to carry anger easily. So soothing it was. The odd fume of annoyance still stirred within Selene, but all in all, his peaceful presence had calmed her down a lot. It was wondrous to her however, rarely had she met someone that had an aura that was calming to such an extreme extent. “Why is it that you are so calm? Everything around you seems peaceful…” Quickly, she bit her lip, giving him an apologising glance. It might have been just a tad too straightforward phrased this way.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Forest of Tarz (Exxor x Eldarwen)   The Forest of Tarz (Exxor x Eldarwen) Icon_minitimeTue Feb 08, 2011 1:28 pm

Exxor listened to her rant, not really mind it at all. He nodded. "I do have to admit, I was very upset when I wasn't chosen." he said. "What happened to me after that, was I couldn't make money, and I lost everything I had where I lived. That's why I came here, because of their selfish ways." He looked to her when she asked, and gave a light smile. "I'm very humble." he said. "It isn't worth it to be angry constantly. Anger and rage blinds you, and what you can do in that kind of state, can be quite catastrophic. And I've seen it happen. Whether it be someone who is the target, that gets killed, or the person who goes into a blind rage, that gets killed." He didn't mind her straightforwardness, and gave an accepting nod to her glance. "I'm always peaceful, until someone wishes to see me get real angry. Even then, I'm not truly angry at all, unless they were to hurt those that I care for the most."
Back to top Go down
Eldarwen
Admin
Eldarwen

Things that I am :
  • Alarmingly Excellent
  • Minion of Monty
  • Thrall of Zay

PostSubject: Re: The Forest of Tarz (Exxor x Eldarwen)   The Forest of Tarz (Exxor x Eldarwen) Icon_minitimeTue Feb 08, 2011 2:14 pm

Selene almost smiled at his confession of having been angry, though she quickly dismissed any such thoughts once he told her that this had been the reason that he had lost everything. “I’m sorry to hear,” she almost whispered, having a slightly bad conscience for having brought this up. “But you have left so many people behind? Friends, family? What has become of them?” Maybe even children? Though she did not dare ask this. If he indeed had had to leave everything behind, then certainly his wife and children would have come along, or maybe something awful has happened to them before he had left? It was not something she wanted to probe, not knowing what kind of feelings she would let out of their cage by venturing into such a territory.

Selene huffed. “Well maybe anger and rage doesn’t lead you anywhere and gets you into stupid situations from time to time,” she of all people should definitely know that, her mouthwork had gotten her into trouble more times than she could count, “but that doesn’t mean that you have to bottle up everything and assume the role of a saint all the time.” She glared at him, making it fairly obvious that she thought he considered himself such a saint, though still, she couldn’t deny that she liked his presence, despite the fact that in some odd way, it was pissing her off at the same time. At least at the moment. How could he remain so calm and almost uncaring even when telling her stuff like that. How did he do it? It was infuriating. It made her want to probe and test him until he exploded into a fit of rage. “Sounds like you’ve lost someone close to you not all too long ago,” she mused, contemplating the man sitting next to her. Why was it that she wanted to make him jump out of his own skin when he was so soothing to her?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Forest of Tarz (Exxor x Eldarwen)   The Forest of Tarz (Exxor x Eldarwen) Icon_minitimeTue Feb 08, 2011 3:08 pm

"The only family I had were my grandparents." he said. "I lost my parents to some god-forbidden demon that I don't EVER, wish to speak of." He emphasized ever, because this demon forced him to watch his parents die. Thinking about it for the moment seemed to change his aura from the usual, calm yellow, to a seething red. He did eventually calm himself, looking over to her. "Sorry for the outburst..." he said. "It was my grandparents' dying wishes that I strive to better myself. I usually train with my claymore to let out all the anger and frustration I've felt over the years. Its a wonder that I've not done harm to anyone, but I don't wish to, either. And I'm never a true saint." He shook his head at this. "Everyone in this universe has a dark side somewhere. Most times its right there. But with someone like me... you'd have to dig deep down to find it. And if I have a dark side, I don't wish for it to come out." And how she mused about him losing someone, changed his aura yet again. "Please... don't." he said sincerely. "I'm not about to lose my temper on a woman. I'd rather beat myself senseless than land a blow on you." He sighed again, shaking his head. "I'm sorry... I must seem like a sort of ticking time bomb at times, but I'm still a good person." ((No matter how much she pushes and prods him, he's not gonna land a blow on her. xD If he was going to let out his anger, it would be at the nearest tree.))
Back to top Go down
Eldarwen
Admin
Eldarwen

Things that I am :
  • Alarmingly Excellent
  • Minion of Monty
  • Thrall of Zay

PostSubject: Re: The Forest of Tarz (Exxor x Eldarwen)   The Forest of Tarz (Exxor x Eldarwen) Icon_minitimeTue Feb 08, 2011 4:34 pm

A shudder slithered down Selene’s spine at the mention of him having lost his parents to a demon. The way he spoke of it and the way he seemed to tense up suggested nothing simple like a mere beheading, but it spoke volumes of a much nastier deed. “Don’t worry about it,” Selene waved off his apology. She wanted to add something else about he actually knowing what frustration was since he had to act out on it sometimes, but she didn’t. For once, she figured it wouldn’t be fair to speak such words, even though she didn’t really care usually when she didn’t even know the person she was speaking to; and even if she knew the person, she rarely reined in her tongue when she spoke her mind. “Nobody ever is a true saint, not even the saints themselves,” she replied dryly, though his mention to having to dig down deeper to find a darker side intrigued her. She could see that it was there, why wasn’t it obvious to others then even if he was not carrying it out on his sleeve like so many others who were revelling in their dark side, enjoying doing vicious deeds.

His pleadings words yet again struck a note however, and glancing over at him, she saw that he seemed to be suffering from her words. “I’m sorry,” she said softly. “I didn’t mean to.” She was a little surprised by his reaction, not having considered that he might lash out at her physically, rather verbally would have been her guess. “You’re just fine,” she smiled, “don’t worry. It’s my fault. I shouldn’t have started this. I am a bit of a menace sometimes, and I know it. I like provoking people from time to time, especially when I’m feeling as shitty as I do at the moment. It’s got nothing to do with you.” Yet again, she was surprised. She would not have admitted this to a random stranger normally, but with Exxor… Weird, she thought, and once again, her gaze swept over him, wondering what it was about him that was so different.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Forest of Tarz (Exxor x Eldarwen)   The Forest of Tarz (Exxor x Eldarwen) Icon_minitimeTue Feb 08, 2011 4:47 pm

He knew even the saints made mistakes. Her saying so didn't anger him, this time, because he knew it was true. The reason of her being able to see into where his dark side, was that he's seen, and done the good, and bad. Exxor may have seemed perfect to most people, but he was much farther from that. "Its alright." he said to her, accepting her apology. "I won't ask about how your life's been so far. Its none of my business." He didn't poke or prod at it, he never poked his nose in other people's business, unless it was his job to. "You're the first person that I've truly been able to open up to." he admitted to her. "You know... if you like, I can show you to the leatherworking master. She might be able to help you out, with having a place to stay, if you don't have one." Though her staying in the guest house of her estate, she had to work for her as well. She gave pay, as well as house and board, but they had to work for her, if they were to live there.
Back to top Go down
Eldarwen
Admin
Eldarwen

Things that I am :
  • Alarmingly Excellent
  • Minion of Monty
  • Thrall of Zay

PostSubject: Re: The Forest of Tarz (Exxor x Eldarwen)   The Forest of Tarz (Exxor x Eldarwen) Icon_minitimeTue Feb 08, 2011 10:02 pm

Selene let out a light fake laugh at his words. “My life is not even worth being talked about, so even if you did ask, I would only bore your brains out.” She honestly meant this as well, most of her life had been the typical ways of a village girl. She had resented it, with every waking moment, but now she sometimes wouldn’t mind going back to it, if only for just a few hours to be reminded how simple her life had been even though she had never wanted to see or admit that. Huffing, Selene barely glanced at Exxor at his confession, though she didn’t reply to it. If he was sincere, it was a rather nice thing to say, but in her ears it sounded more like a cheap phrase and she wasn’t going to reply to anything like that. However, with Exxor, she wasn’t sure. He was somewhat different then most people and it made him hard to judge at times, and just to be on the safe side, she kept her mouth shut instead of coldly stepping on his toes once more.

Getting up from her sitting position, Selene still kept her glance on the river, the rhythmic motion of the water oozing peaceful repetitiveness. Maybe it had been a good idea that she’d subconsciously come to the river even though she actually had headed towards somewhere else. The water was always a nice place to cool off, that or the top of a mountain.. with which thought her memories strayed back to one particular day she had been up on a mountain and ... Shaking her head, she forced herself not to go there, it was of no use to have bittersweet memories floating around in her head. “Hmm, it might not hurt to meet her, though I’m fairly certain that leatherworking isn’t for me. The smell of dead animals...,” she shuddered at the thought of it, but she was willing to give it a try at least. It couldn’t be that bad now, could it? “I do have a place to stay, for the time being, but it wouldn’t be a bad idea to move on.” A sad smile crossed her face at this but she knew herself that it would be for the best to switch places as quickly as possible.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Forest of Tarz (Exxor x Eldarwen)   The Forest of Tarz (Exxor x Eldarwen) Icon_minitimeTue Feb 08, 2011 10:27 pm

Exxor chuckled at that as well. "If you ever wanted any boring stories, you would have to speak with either my grandfather, or my mentor." he said. "They have stories that would put even ME to sleep." What he had said about her, being one he was able to talk to, was as true as the fur on his body. He never lied, when it came to a compliment for a woman. He wasn't one to lie. But there were the little white lies that he would tell sometimes, to keep someone happy at least. He looked over to Selene again, and shook his head. "The leatherworking mistress doesn't work with leather that still smells of a dead animal." he said. "The skinner that supplies her leather always cleans his kills and gets the smell out of it, so that it smells fresh, and clean, void of dead animal odor. And yes, it would be a better idea to do so." He started to walk on into the woods, and motioned his paw for her to follow him, so that she could get to the village faster.
Back to top Go down
Eldarwen
Admin
Eldarwen

Things that I am :
  • Alarmingly Excellent
  • Minion of Monty
  • Thrall of Zay

PostSubject: Re: The Forest of Tarz (Exxor x Eldarwen)   The Forest of Tarz (Exxor x Eldarwen) Icon_minitimeWed Feb 09, 2011 7:56 am

Selene smiled, if only briefly, at his mention of other boring stories that could be told or heard. It probably was a good thing to know that other people had nothing interesting happen to them either, though she was fairly certain that something better had to come along for herself at some point. She would not be leading this crappy life forever, would she? Of course, it all depended on herself as well, which she was very aware of, but she wasn’t exactly sure how to go about spicing up her life. “Why are you even willing to help me? I mean, you don’t know me.” To her, not knowing people usually meant not caring too much about people. She herself had a hard time refusing someone if they asked for help even though she didn’t know them, but she hadn’t asked for it, at least not that she knew of, so she was a bit curious as to why this man would go through the trouble of trying to get her to stand back up on her own two feet completely.

A little unsure whether this was the right thing to do, she followed Exxor into the forest on their way back to the village. She would have found her way back just fine, though she would have not gone straight back, but rather would have delayed the moment of meeting the leatherworking mistress as her nerves were now starting to play up. “She is never going to accept me,” Selene suddenly said, a tad taken aback by the fact she had spoken her thoughts out loud. She still didn’t quite believe that the odor would be completely gone, but she guessed that he knew what he was talking about. “Who would want me anyway?” As soon as the words were said, she could have slapped herself silly. For someone not wanting to come across as a weakling, she sure was being a girl right about now and she disliked it. Yet, what had been said, had been said.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Forest of Tarz (Exxor x Eldarwen)   The Forest of Tarz (Exxor x Eldarwen) Icon_minitimeWed Feb 09, 2011 8:55 pm

"Its naturally my calling to help someone." he said. "I have that feeling, that you're in a spot of trouble, so its why that I'm helping you." He gave a nod to that, and continued to lead her through the forest. Selene could tell that Exxor loved walking through the woods like that, as if it was something like his natural habitat. But he lived in town still, mingling with other citizens and the like. He was one who liked taking vacations out in complete wilderness, but still relied on being in town, to achieve his goals of living a good life. "Yes she will." Exxor told her reassuringly. "She's helped people who would have been considered downright ugly. It doesn't matter who she teaches. So long as she can understand them." The leatherworking mistress would accept her as if she were a most-favored student. She rarely had people to teach, and was always willing to teach the profession to others. Though soon enough, they arrived back into town. It was bustling enough to let one know that the village was alive, but it wasn't jam packed with people.
Back to top Go down
Eldarwen
Admin
Eldarwen

Things that I am :
  • Alarmingly Excellent
  • Minion of Monty
  • Thrall of Zay

PostSubject: Re: The Forest of Tarz (Exxor x Eldarwen)   The Forest of Tarz (Exxor x Eldarwen) Icon_minitimeThu Feb 10, 2011 7:33 am

His natural calling, Selene mused, furrowing her brows once more. That man was utterly confusing her, especially because he was so very different from most people. She knew it was fairly obvious that she was in trouble, probably bigger trouble than she would ever admit to anyone, but she was not very fond of other people reminding her of her predicament. Shooting Exxor a glare, she kept her eyes on the ground afterwards, trying not to lose herself in her own misery and insecurity. It was so pathetic really but she was who she was and she lived her feelings. Grunting in response to Exxor’s reassurance, she didn’t see the need to reply. He might be certain that woman would accept Selene, but Selene herself was not so sure of that. The leatherworking mistress might accept scoundrels and the likes but a sometimes quite squeamish girl such as Selene was a different story altogether.

The way into town was made faster than she had thought and the silence had grown between them for the last bit of the way, though it wasn’t uncomfortable really, it was just that Selene felt like she wanted to bolt, any second now. Even though there weren’t too many people around, Selene felt oppressed and she wanted to run, just run far away from this place and be on her own. It was then that, after a long time of silence, she felt something inside her stir, as if some natural instinct was telling her to get away from the people before anything could happen. Confused, she quickly dismissed any such emotions and simply followed Exxor’s lead. He knew where he was going and he probably knew what to say as well. She was almost hiding behind him as they made their way through the village to their destination and she wasn’t talking either, her eyes widen open, looking almost like a scared deer with her large brown eyes.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Forest of Tarz (Exxor x Eldarwen)   The Forest of Tarz (Exxor x Eldarwen) Icon_minitimeThu Feb 10, 2011 7:46 am

Exxor saw her shoot that glare, and his smile disappeared, turning into a bit of a frown. He knew that he hit a wrong nerve with her, and he stopped with reminding her. Though her grunting hit a wrong nerve with him, beginning to make him think that she was beginning to want nothing to do with him. The leatherworking mistress accepted anyone. Though she wouldn't accept anyone that would want to do harm to her. When he looked around at her again, he could see that she was getting a bit timid and scared. He nodded again. "Its fine." he said simply. "You'll be just fine. This woman won't mind you being whatever you are." They eventually walked inside, and to Selene's relief, there wasn't much of anything that would try to make her feel sick in the stomach.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Forest of Tarz (Exxor x Eldarwen)   The Forest of Tarz (Exxor x Eldarwen) Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The Forest of Tarz (Exxor x Eldarwen)
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next