Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

[Random adventure times] Kat X Rogue [with Celölas and Lutis!]

Go down 
2 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
Stormkatz
Stormkatz

Things that I am :
  • ME Meercat
  • DDC Dingo
  • "Nice Girl"
  • Troll
  • Medium Poster
  • Chatbox Spammer
  • Really Too Kind
  • Rebel of Rogue

Female Loveliness : 16

[Random adventure times] Kat X Rogue [with Celölas and Lutis!] - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: [Random adventure times] Kat X Rogue [with Celölas and Lutis!]   [Random adventure times] Kat X Rogue [with Celölas and Lutis!] - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 26, 2012 10:09 pm

“Yeah, and I sure don’t want to get lost in here again. I wasn’t kidding when I said the crossbows were scary y’know.” Celölas said, attempting a smile but finding the expression difficult to maintain. Giving up on that, she fell into pace behind Lutis, picking through the mess of blood and bodies with extreme care, making sure she didn’t get anything on the white fur of her toes. It seemed like a pointless exercise, since there were already red splatters on her shins, but her toes were miraculously clean, and she waned to keep it that way.

The carnage seemed unsettling now that the buzz of all the action had worn off. If the circumstances had been less dangerous, Celölas would have been tempted to tidy the place up a bit, to give it some more order. She didn’t really like mess, but now wasn’t the time for housework. The sight of the boxes they had fled from earlier was welcome after what had felt like hours of circling around. “The worst of the damage seems to be that way,” Celölas said, indicating slightly to the left, where almost all of the boxes were torn open, “so either it’s a coincidence or we should try going that way?” She didn’t want to hang about – not with the sounds of footsteps echoing around the warehouse already.

Back to top Go down
Rogue
Rogue

Things that I am :
  • Alarmingly Excellent
  • Chatbox Spammer
  • Underling of Eldar

Female Loveliness : 69

PostSubject: Re: [Random adventure times] Kat X Rogue [with Celölas and Lutis!]   [Random adventure times] Kat X Rogue [with Celölas and Lutis!] - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 17, 2012 2:08 pm

Following Celölas’ suggestion, Lutis directed their path a little towards the left and the madness of boxes all over in that direction. He was both curious as to what was in all these boxes (some of them were empty, but not many, and cor, were those ones that weren’t loaded with good stuff), and to what Illeana was looking for, to leave such treasures behind. He certainly wasn’t going to leave loot like rich packets of spice and fine weapons for someone else to claim, and surreptitiously he picked up a pretty looking dagger and a couple of bags of some rich-smelling powder when he didn’t think Celölas was looking. Well, he did have to make a living somehow, and what harm was there in stealing from thieves? Only his own, if they happened to catch him- which they wouldn’t. Obviously.

“I’m not sure there are many people that could have left behind a mess like this in such a short time,” agreed Lutis, tearing himself away from another box. Ah, there were too many things to investigate now. Things seemed… well, kinda quiet for what had happened though; Lutis would have expected to see someone either cleaning up the mess, or claiming whatever they could find. It wasn’t as if all this stuff was cheap! The Ebony Hunter must have really scared whoever was around… or worse, but that wasn’t a very cheerful thought, especially when everything was so scary looking to start with.

The quiet was broken by the sound of footsteps running towards them, a man sprinting down the corridor of boxes they were in and skidding to a halt in front of them, eyes wide and scared as he saw Celölas. He gingerly inched past them, averting his eyes from meeting theirs (although still watching both of them warily), before dashing off towards the exit again without a word of explanation.
“Well… I’m guessing Illeana’s not made a good impression on whoever she’s come across,” Lutis said, but his jesting was underlain by a warning note.
Back to top Go down
Stormkatz
Stormkatz

Things that I am :
  • ME Meercat
  • DDC Dingo
  • "Nice Girl"
  • Troll
  • Medium Poster
  • Chatbox Spammer
  • Really Too Kind
  • Rebel of Rogue

PostSubject: Re: [Random adventure times] Kat X Rogue [with Celölas and Lutis!]   [Random adventure times] Kat X Rogue [with Celölas and Lutis!] - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 21, 2012 9:39 pm

Celölas didn’t really notice what Lutis was doing, poking about in the boxes, since she was still distracted by the constant pressure to hold her nerve and avoid thinking about the blood on the floor. Not that she would have done much more than pull a face anyway.

“True, I suppose she’s about the most destructive thing in the warehouse at the moment.” Celölas smiled weakly, trying to look at the situation brightly. It was difficult, but the light from the lantern made things a little less dark and scary at least, which was a start.

She froze and instinctively puffed up her fur as another human approached – no longer trusting any of them except Lutis. However, the man looked just as scared as she was, and ran off. That day was getting weirder by the second, and she didn’t know how to react any more, so followed Lutis’ lead. “No, I guess she didn’t. Well, we probably shouldn’t hang about though – the smugglers were shifty enough before Illeana started… you know…” she trailed off, indicating the general destruction with her nose.

A clatter from the direction the scared man had come from made Celölas’ ears prink, and she felt suddenly uneasy again. She didn’t like being in the open any more, and wanted to hide behind the boxes. Hopefully they could finish helping the ebony hunter quickly and hightail it out of there before things got any more creepy.

Back to top Go down
Rogue
Rogue

Things that I am :
  • Alarmingly Excellent
  • Chatbox Spammer
  • Underling of Eldar

PostSubject: Re: [Random adventure times] Kat X Rogue [with Celölas and Lutis!]   [Random adventure times] Kat X Rogue [with Celölas and Lutis!] - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 29, 2012 2:09 pm

“I bloody hope she is,” muttered Lutis under her breath, not quite convinced of everything that the smugglers had been storing’s innocence. True, there were harmless goods like rugs and jewellery, but even they delivered a price in blood. He knew nothing of explosive materials, or dangerous weapons, but he was willing to bet that the smugglers wouldn’t have been storing all these valuable items in one place without some serious firepower hidden to protect it.

He did not want to alarm Celölas, however, so he kept quiet.
“Let’s get out of here,” he said, going back on his previous words to try and help the Ebony Hunter. With the sort of destruction she was causing, and becoming more and more volatile at any moment, there was no telling whether she would interpret them as enemies, or friends any more. He didn’t have any regret about leaving the dragon; after all, they didn’t even know her (and he barely knew Celölas, too), and he had no wish to end up in a bloody mess on the floor. It was a grim way of looking things, but there was truth in it.

Holding up his lamp to look down the rest of the corridor in front of them, he decided against taking their previous route forwards, looking behind to see if that route still was clear. He was curious to see what was in front of them too, whether there were more open boxes, but most of them seemed to be securely nailed shut.

A lick of bright fire lit up the backs of the crates in front of them, Illeana close, and apparently taking her anger out on the warehouse, smoke wafting up towards the ceiling. Her angered growls and snarls sent shivers down Lutis’ back. “Ok, definitely time to go.”
He started to back up, watching the fat plume of smoke in front of them, and the bright flashes of fire accompanying them. They were accompanied by dangerous crackling noises, pops and bangs that really were not comforting at all.
Then there was a whizzing noise, and something exploded with an almighty bang and a roar of fire that leapt up towards the ceiling.

((The girls said to blow stuff up. I thought this would be a fun idea Very Happy))
Back to top Go down
Stormkatz
Stormkatz

Things that I am :
  • ME Meercat
  • DDC Dingo
  • "Nice Girl"
  • Troll
  • Medium Poster
  • Chatbox Spammer
  • Really Too Kind
  • Rebel of Rogue

PostSubject: Re: [Random adventure times] Kat X Rogue [with Celölas and Lutis!]   [Random adventure times] Kat X Rogue [with Celölas and Lutis!] - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 25, 2012 8:59 pm

Celölas was about to protest about leaving Illeana when a mighty ‘pop’ made her flinch. Her back was towards the source of the noise, but she saw a sudden bright light illuminate the crates around her, and her shadow looked like a paper cutout against the sudden luminescence. “Lutis, what was that?” she asked, turning slowly. However, she wasn;t sure she wanted to wait to hear the answer. As she caught sight of the flames, she couldn’t help herself, and bolted, darting between two boxes in the opposite direction and peering back at the exploding crates. The carnage was moving fast, and any thoughts about helping the ebony hunter were masked by concern for hers and Lutis’ safety.

“I think we run – definitely run!” she squeaked nervously. If the fire hazard wasn’t enough, she was /not/ enjoying the sudden light. She was a dark magic wielding dragon, albeit a reasonably weak one, and would have been happier with more shadows.

A falling spark caught a box nearby that had been nailed shut, and Celölas noticed a little fine, red powder slip out of one corner. Spices of some kind, she assumed, but powders like that would surely go bang if the spark caught – besides, it could have been an explosive anyway. “Lutis move!” she shouted as the little spark got into the box and caught. The powder took a moment to mix with the tiny amount of air that had been trapped inside, but when it did, the box shattered with a bang. She jumped out of the way of the flying shards of wood, and managed to make it behind a few less explosive-looking boxes before too much of her fur was charred, but she had already blackened the fur over her left hind leg and tail. Now they were within the ring of fiery havoc, and it was time to leave. Fast.

Back to top Go down
Rogue
Rogue

Things that I am :
  • Alarmingly Excellent
  • Chatbox Spammer
  • Underling of Eldar

PostSubject: Re: [Random adventure times] Kat X Rogue [with Celölas and Lutis!]   [Random adventure times] Kat X Rogue [with Celölas and Lutis!] - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 12, 2012 3:25 pm

Lutis didn’t even agree to Celölas’ words, just acted on them and ran for it. Following the dragon with all haste, he put his hands over his head as they were followed closely by a series of loud pops and bangs, frighteningly close. Their path flared in and out of view with each explosion, bright lights filling the warehouse momentarily and showing them any obstacles in the way as they ran for the exit.

He dashed aside as Celölas shouted again, ducking close to the ground and trying to make himself small as wood flew everywhere, one piece hitting him on the side. He yelped and ran again, following her to her slightly-safer hiding place behind a few boxes, rubbing at his side. Thankfully the wood had caught him on its blunt side, and all he would get would be a bruise or two. The warehouse was full of noise now too, not just exploding boxes but shouts from those men still left standing, Illeana escaping off somewhere else with a loud crashing of boxes (or at least, he thought it might be her, it was in the general direction of where he presumed the ebony hunter was), and over all of that, the terrified baa-ing of all the sheep that also shared the warehouse. It was crazy!

“We need to get out of here!” he said urgently, standing and turning in a circle to try and assess which way to go. Flames were starting to lick up the boxes nearby, creating even more hazards- and that was without even wondering whether they were going to explode too. Already it was getting hot- the fire wasn’t just near them then- and smoke was forming a thin layer under the roof. He didn’t want to panic, but he was nowhere near as durable as a dragon, and being trapped like this, it made him nervous. “Can you smell fresh air, which way do we go?”
Back to top Go down
Stormkatz
Stormkatz

Things that I am :
  • ME Meercat
  • DDC Dingo
  • "Nice Girl"
  • Troll
  • Medium Poster
  • Chatbox Spammer
  • Really Too Kind
  • Rebel of Rogue

PostSubject: Re: [Random adventure times] Kat X Rogue [with Celölas and Lutis!]   [Random adventure times] Kat X Rogue [with Celölas and Lutis!] - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun Oct 28, 2012 6:08 pm

Celölas stopped, panting, beside Lutis, the loud noises frightening her and making her flinch every second or two. “I can’t smell a thing, not with all these bandages, and there’s no light – wait, there’s one of the paths we came in through! With the open box!” she shouted over the noise. She recognised the formation of boxes, and that seemed their best bet. She coughed as a thick waft of smoke got through the bandages wrapped over her nose, and turned her head sharply. “This way!” she set off at a slower pace, her muscles aching from the tension and frantic running.

As they moved, Celölas spotted what she was sure was the door – a sort of squarish line of light that she could only barely make out in between flashes of light from the explosions. It was quite far away, but it looked like a fairly straight shot to the door. It was a good thing, too, because most of the warehouse behind them was up in flames.

A huge explosion just in front of them threw Celölas off balance, as a crate exploded and obscured the path to the door. Luckily it wasn’t a fiery one, so Celölas kept on charging, hoping she could dodge through the debris. The hot remains burnt her bare foot, but she didn't have time to deal with that – the explosions behind them were getting faster and closer every second.

Back to top Go down
Rogue
Rogue

Things that I am :
  • Alarmingly Excellent
  • Chatbox Spammer
  • Underling of Eldar

PostSubject: Re: [Random adventure times] Kat X Rogue [with Celölas and Lutis!]   [Random adventure times] Kat X Rogue [with Celölas and Lutis!] - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 29, 2012 10:13 am

Lutis pulled his scarf up over his nose as they searched for an exit, eyes watering from the smoke. It was getting harder to see, and loud too now as more boxes caught on fire, spreading rapidly in every direction. They didn’t have long left- it was instant relief when Celölas shouted that she could see an exit. Holding the fabric to his face, he struggled after her, keeping right behind the dragon. They couldn’t get separated now. Lutis really hoped that she had seen the exit, because it looked like they didn’t have much time left. The warehouse had never been in a fantastic state to begin with, and with fire licking up the beams to the ceiling, it was only a matter of time before the whole lot came down on them.

The explosion in front of them caught Lutis worse-off than Celölas; he was smaller and lighter, and was blown sideways by it. He crashed to the ground with all the wind knocked out of him, lying dazed like a fish out of water before clambering to his feet, his skin burning even through his clothes. Scrambling after the shade runner, he crossed one arm over his head and the other across his stomach, doubled over as he ran after her, his back hot from the fire behind them. Thankfully the door was close now, black smoke billowing out through it. A dark shadow running through into safety said that someone else who had been caught in the warehouse was alive. Lutis wordlessly pointed towards the door, coughing against the smoke, hoping their path would stay free until they made it out and away a short distance.
Back to top Go down
Stormkatz
Stormkatz

Things that I am :
  • ME Meercat
  • DDC Dingo
  • "Nice Girl"
  • Troll
  • Medium Poster
  • Chatbox Spammer
  • Really Too Kind
  • Rebel of Rogue

PostSubject: Re: [Random adventure times] Kat X Rogue [with Celölas and Lutis!]   [Random adventure times] Kat X Rogue [with Celölas and Lutis!] - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 10, 2012 11:22 pm

A cracking in the very furthest corner of the warehouse told Celólas that the roof was going to start to crumble any second. Hell. She turned her head, noticing Lutis was struggling, and slowed so that she was just behind him, giving him a gentle nudge forward. “Come on, no time.” she said, surprisingly calmly. Her capacity for danger had been filled, and now she’d stopped noticing how scared she was. It was kind of a good feeling.

Another small explosion went off somewhere behind her, and a terrified, warped bleeting sound came from her left. The sheep! Poor things… they would be burnt alive! There was no time to rescue them, but… Celólas kicked one of her powerful back legs at a burning box beside her, singing the pads on her paws, and knocked over the wall of crates. A sheep jumped over the debris and ran off towards the exit at a speed only a frightened sheep can manage, and Celólas chased after it. A huge ‘CRACK’ far away sounded as the corner beam of the warehouse’s inner structure shattered, and the roof and walls began to groan.

The door was just there –a straight shot to safety, and without looking back, Celólas charged for the door. She stumbled just before the exit, and rolled out into the street, her fur smouldering slightly, but definitely alive. She lay panting for a second, before turning to see where Lutis had gotten to.

WHOOSH!

A cloud of rubble went up as the frame of the warehouse collapsed. Anything still inside would be crushed and buried, and definitely not safe. Hell again.
Back to top Go down
Rogue
Rogue

Things that I am :
  • Alarmingly Excellent
  • Chatbox Spammer
  • Underling of Eldar

PostSubject: Re: [Random adventure times] Kat X Rogue [with Celölas and Lutis!]   [Random adventure times] Kat X Rogue [with Celölas and Lutis!] - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun Nov 11, 2012 12:12 am

With Celölas’ nudge, Lutis tried to hurry forwards again, but it was difficult. There was so much smoke everywhere, it was making it harder and harder to breathe, even though they were close to the exit now. Celölas seemed to have a better grip than he did, and he just concentrated on getting to the exit as she kicked over a load of nearby crates, cringing downwards towards the ground as more flames whooshed up towards the sky with the breaking up of the pile of wood. He tried not to stop as the whole structure around them groaned under the strain of its own weight, struts weakened, but he couldn’t help the frightened look he gave the roof, almost halting in his route towards the door. It just needed to hold out for another few more seconds, just so the pair of them could get free…

The shade runner shot past him again as she barrelled towards the exit, Lutis stumbling into the fastest run he could manage. He pressed his hand against his face, holding up his scarf, for the little it did him, blinking rapidly at the dust and ash and smoke that was making them water. The world turned from a blurry blackness to a blurry redness as he made it out onto the street finally. Hopefully Celölas had made it too, but he couldn’t tell, things looked chaotic through his smoke-filled gaze, and there was stuff everywhere, people shouting and throwing buckets of water… another sheep burst out of the door behind him and knocked him off his feet just as the warehouse gave up the ghost, sending him crashing to the ground. The best he could do was cover his head again as smoke and flames billowed up into the sky, feeding on the new rubble…

He yelled as a big bit of rubble fell on top of him, whatever it was scalding to the touch and quite heavy, but it saved him from smaller bits of flying debris as the warehouse slowly slipped further to the ground. He tried to keep it off his face with one arm up over his head, curled round in a semi-circle until either the warehouse settled enough for him to crawl free of these outer edges, or someone was foolish enough to come and retrieve him. For now though, he tried to breathe more fully and not choke on the smoke fumes filling the air.
Back to top Go down
Stormkatz
Stormkatz

Things that I am :
  • ME Meercat
  • DDC Dingo
  • "Nice Girl"
  • Troll
  • Medium Poster
  • Chatbox Spammer
  • Really Too Kind
  • Rebel of Rogue

PostSubject: Re: [Random adventure times] Kat X Rogue [with Celölas and Lutis!]   [Random adventure times] Kat X Rogue [with Celölas and Lutis!] - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun Nov 11, 2012 8:45 pm

As the dust began to settle and the smoke left Celólas’ eyes, she stood and looked around – her nose still bandaged against the smell of blood even though the fire had probably burnt away the last of the stuff. But she couldn’t see Lutis anywhere. Had he gotten out safely, or had he been inside? Panic gripped her, and she began to pick her way nervously through the rubble nearest her. She had rolled just out of the main scatter of debris, but little bits had still l;anded near her – it had been a bloody big explosion!

“Lutis? Are you there? Lutis!” she began to call, looking around. Every moment that passed got her more worried, and she started to run, poking her bandaged nose into the smoking piles of rubble as she passed just in case they had a Lutis in them. Nothing yet.

The dust was still settling, and the closer she got to the main body of the ruined warehouse, the more ash was thrown up, blocking up her bandages. Of course, she didn’t want to risk a freak out, but with the fabric covered in dust and ash, she couldn’t actually breathe through it. Claws crossed nothing would happen, she reached up and scraped the wrappings off with one paw, and held her breath. Nothing. She risked a small sniff, and sighed with relief. The stench of dust burnt the back of her throat, but that covered everything else, making her just as safe.

“Lutis! Where are you?” she shouted, much louder as she charged into the deeper rubble, becoming more worried.
Back to top Go down
Rogue
Rogue

Things that I am :
  • Alarmingly Excellent
  • Chatbox Spammer
  • Underling of Eldar

PostSubject: Re: [Random adventure times] Kat X Rogue [with Celölas and Lutis!]   [Random adventure times] Kat X Rogue [with Celölas and Lutis!] - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun Nov 11, 2012 10:09 pm

At the sound of Celölas’ voice nearby, Lutis felt his spirits lift a little. The dragon was alive! Thank the gods, she was looking for him too. Although his arm was burning through his sleeve, and whatever it was he was stuck under was as heavy as anything, he wasn’t just going to be left there. It filled him with hope, and he tried to heft the heavy layer off, wincing at the awkward twist he had to put himself at, and the ominous creaking and squealing sounds that the wood-metal mix made at movement. Deciding against trying to move it straight-away after all, he let it rest back against his arm again. The shade runner was heading his way for now after all, he could just wait for a little of her help, if the wood continued to bend and try and break any more.

He tried to shuffle into a bit of a better position as the dragon ruffled around, a little too far away for him to work out where she was; apparently too far for her to investigate the slab he was trapped under, as he didn’t hear her voice grow any louder, and the only shifting of ash and dust was his own movement. He grew a little panicked when her voice suddenly started to get quieter though, the sounds of searching retreating- was she leaving? No! She couldn’t leave him there!

Heaving on the wood, he tried to shove it off with a little more strength, yelling as loud as he could as he got a little more air under the heavy block. “Celölas!”
Ash whirled up into the air with his sudden movement, filling his mouth and making him cough at the dry, gagging taste. He almost dropped his heavy load, instead managing to make it slide a little so he had a bit more of an opening at the front, small as it was, between other rubble- it looked like it was in the way, but it was probably what had saved him from being crushed in the first place. The sound of sliding rubble came from above him at the new angle of the big debris, hopefully drawing more attention than his strained cry. He continued to cough at the ash still swirling in front of him, slitting his eyes against the rough particles. Gods, let Celölas be able to find him quickly.
Back to top Go down
Stormkatz
Stormkatz

Things that I am :
  • ME Meercat
  • DDC Dingo
  • "Nice Girl"
  • Troll
  • Medium Poster
  • Chatbox Spammer
  • Really Too Kind
  • Rebel of Rogue

PostSubject: Re: [Random adventure times] Kat X Rogue [with Celölas and Lutis!]   [Random adventure times] Kat X Rogue [with Celölas and Lutis!] - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 24, 2012 10:25 pm

Celólas heard her name, and turned her head sharply. The sharp, bitter reek of ash has killed her sense of smell, so she couldn’t catch the human’s scent, but she saw the poof of ash where he had moved. She hoped that was Lutis – it could have just been the rubble shifting, but she sped towards it anyway, vaulting over stacks of burning debris.

As she got closer, the sound of a deep, nasty-sounding cough caught Celólas’ attention, and she gave a sigh of relief, sure that it was Lutis now. She jumped onto the thick layer of rubble that went on from here until the base of what used to be the warehouse and continued carefully, not wanting to step on him. When she found a hole, she stuck her head in, grinning happily.

“Lutis! I was so worried – are you alright? Do you need some help?” she asked, breathing through her mouth just in case the thick ash wasn’t enough to block out the smell of blood from the warehouse. She didn’t want to put anyone at risk again after that horrible, horrible experience earlier. Luckily the nasty little velvet-voice had died inside her – choked by the ash and smoke. It would be back by sundown of course, but for now, they were safe.

Getting her neck and broad shoulders under the biggest chunk, she managed to shift a little of the rubble off Lutis, ignoring the gentle throbbing in her tail-stump where she had hurt it earlier and the sting of the various burns across her. She probably looked like a mangy cat that had lost half of its fur, but they were alive, and that was what mattered.
Back to top Go down
Rogue
Rogue

Things that I am :
  • Alarmingly Excellent
  • Chatbox Spammer
  • Underling of Eldar

PostSubject: Re: [Random adventure times] Kat X Rogue [with Celölas and Lutis!]   [Random adventure times] Kat X Rogue [with Celölas and Lutis!] - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 29, 2012 1:17 pm

Relief washed over Lutis as Celölas found him, and he felt one hand towards where there was a little light (now blocked by the shade runner’s head), tapping his fingers against the rubble as he went. It was difficult to see, stuck at such an angle, but thank god, she was close… she would get him out. Dragons were stronger than humans, and he was sure that she could move the rocks- if not, run and get help. What were shade runners if not built for speed?

He waited until the dust had settled enough to stop his coughing, then retraced his hand back under the slab he was stuck under, pushing against the stone. It was rough and still warm to the touch- how hot had the fire inside been?
“Help… Stuck,” he croaked. Even with the few words, Celölas seemed to understand already that he needed a hand getting out from under the rubble pinning him, already pushing at the thick slabs on top- he could tell from the movement under his fingers, and the sudden dust that got stirred into the air. Quickly Lutis shut his eyes to save himself from being blinded, then at the first streaks of light that crossed his face peeked them open again, hauling himself out from under the rocks before Celölas had to drop them again.

As soon as he was out, he flopped back onto the ground, drawing his hands down his face and wiping off a bit of the dust. Once it had gone a bit round his eyes (although he was still grey and brown all over), he turned and smiled weakly at Celölas. “Thanks.”

Back to top Go down
Stormkatz
Stormkatz

Things that I am :
  • ME Meercat
  • DDC Dingo
  • "Nice Girl"
  • Troll
  • Medium Poster
  • Chatbox Spammer
  • Really Too Kind
  • Rebel of Rogue

PostSubject: Re: [Random adventure times] Kat X Rogue [with Celölas and Lutis!]   [Random adventure times] Kat X Rogue [with Celölas and Lutis!] - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 01, 2012 10:08 pm

“Oh Lutis, I’m so glad you’re alive – I was worried, and, and...” Celólas flustered as the heavy stone rolled off her shoulders and to one side, freeing the trapped man. “Never do that to me again!” she protested, her blackened fur bristling as she got herself worked up. The shock of the events in the warehouse was settling into her, and she felt like shivering and crying a bit. She had thought they were going in a little adventure, but instead they had ended up finding smugglers, sheep, explosives, crossbows and a very bitey little boy. Not her idea of a great day…

Once Lutis was out and safe, she shook herself down properly. Her reddish fur was black, and the white sections were a dirty, singed grey colour. She probably looked like a male shade runner, which wasn’t a nice thought either. “That was horrible.” she announced at last, pouting. “Now what do we do?” she looked around. Such a mess… the other warehouse owners would be so angry about this.
Back to top Go down
Rogue
Rogue

Things that I am :
  • Alarmingly Excellent
  • Chatbox Spammer
  • Underling of Eldar

PostSubject: Re: [Random adventure times] Kat X Rogue [with Celölas and Lutis!]   [Random adventure times] Kat X Rogue [with Celölas and Lutis!] - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 10, 2012 4:27 pm

“Ah, you know me,” Lutis coughed, gingerly picking himself off the floor a little and sitting up, prodding along his stomach with one finger to see if he had broken anything. “I’m indestructible. Mostly.” That didn’t mean his arm didn’t bloody hurt. He pulled his scarf down off his face- now half of it was black, the other a little cleaner, where the fabric had protected him from a face-ful of soot and ashes- and tugged open the knot with his teeth, fingers refusing to cooperate properly. They should probably have started out of there as soon as possible, but he was trembling all over and had the feeling that, if he tried to stand up and walk, he was just going to fall straight over again. Better to recover himself for a minute and use the time to fix up his arm a tad before getting up (and falling over anyway, and hurting his arm even more when he inevitably would fall on it).

Twisting the fabric over his arm once, he pulled his arm up close to his chest and tied the scarf in another knot round his neck, biting his lip hard against the pain. Probably wasn’t the best thing for burns, but what else could he do? That done, he scrambled up to his feet, ungainly like a baby foal. Hell, things were a mess, and they were right in the middle of it all. Well, unless you counted the very middle of the smoking ruins, but he didn’t think that you could really find someone intact in there. Unless those sheep had been immortal. He doubted it. At the edges of the carnage, a few brave souls fought to put out the fire still burning hard, others digging through the wreckage for hurt people.
“I would say we should go an’ tell someone what happened,” he said, voice hoarse from breathing in smoke. “But I’m not really feelin’ it. So… pub?”
He should probably go and get his wounds seen to (especially before Celölas went beserk), but right then, he could really have done with a big mug of ale.

Back to top Go down
Stormkatz
Stormkatz

Things that I am :
  • ME Meercat
  • DDC Dingo
  • "Nice Girl"
  • Troll
  • Medium Poster
  • Chatbox Spammer
  • Really Too Kind
  • Rebel of Rogue

PostSubject: Re: [Random adventure times] Kat X Rogue [with Celölas and Lutis!]   [Random adventure times] Kat X Rogue [with Celölas and Lutis!] - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 17, 2012 10:42 pm

Celólas was just about ready to fret herself sick when Lutis started winding up his arm, but his suggestion caught her by surprise. They had started off this crazy journey in a pub, and a nice mug of ale sounded wonderful. They stank too, which would hopefully mean she wouldn’t need her nose bandaging again for at least a little while. “I can’t think of anywhere I’d rather be. Besides, it won’t take people long to find this place, and I’d rather not be tied up to the destruction of a creaky old warehouse.” Celólas grinned, looking up at Lutis happily. Her tail stub was cracked and sore, and most of her lovely fur was singed short, so when she puffed up her coat she looked lopsided. However, the danger had gone up in flames with the warehouse – now they had a few moments of calm.

“Erm, you’ll have to lead – I haven’t the slightest idea where the nearest one is. I don’t do pubs usually – too much broken glass, you know…” she trailed off, studying her toes. Her claws were chipped too, from running on the hot floor of the warehouse. She wanted to sit and groom herself properly, but that could wait. Her lungs were already full of ash, so licking off more of the same would do her no good. “So, shall we?”
Back to top Go down
Rogue
Rogue

Things that I am :
  • Alarmingly Excellent
  • Chatbox Spammer
  • Underling of Eldar

PostSubject: Re: [Random adventure times] Kat X Rogue [with Celölas and Lutis!]   [Random adventure times] Kat X Rogue [with Celölas and Lutis!] - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 24, 2012 12:31 am

“Oh good, I was hopin’ you’d say that,” croaked Lutis, giving her a weak smile. That hurt, and he quickly stopped, turning and looking around them. What a mess. He slid one foot in front of the other, stirring up ash with the movement, then happy with the fact that he could probably walk to the nearest pub, started to pick his way carefully through the rubble. “The Cloud Breather’ll be happy t’have us, I bet.”

==X==

The pub was a mercifully short walk, barely outside the warehouse district- perfect for all those labourers needing a pint after a long day’s work in the massive buildings. They attracted a lot of attention as they wandered their way towards the Cloud Breather, but Lutis tried to ignore it. Questions, questions, always questions that needed answering. He couldn’t be bothered, not when the only thing he wanted was a pint of cold ale and a good kip.
He leaned on the door as he pushed it open, making it bang loudly against the wall before he staggered towards the bar, attracting enough stares by himself that, when Celölas entered too, it was a normal amount of attention. Pulling out a few coins from one pocket, he dropped them onto the counter as he slumped over it, reaching out one foot to drag the nearest free bar-stool closer.
“Hi… two mugs of ale would be really good right now… make ‘em big ones. Feelin’ bit roughed up.” He grinned insanely at the barmaid that ran to help the opposite side of the counter, turning to Celölas and grinning madly at her too through his blackened mask. Talk about feeling a bit out of it. Another pair of barmaids rushed to their aid at the girl’s frightened shout, squealing at the sight of Lutis and Celölas so charred and damaged.
Back to top Go down
Stormkatz
Stormkatz

Things that I am :
  • ME Meercat
  • DDC Dingo
  • "Nice Girl"
  • Troll
  • Medium Poster
  • Chatbox Spammer
  • Really Too Kind
  • Rebel of Rogue

PostSubject: Re: [Random adventure times] Kat X Rogue [with Celölas and Lutis!]   [Random adventure times] Kat X Rogue [with Celölas and Lutis!] - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 26, 2012 12:44 am

They certainly turned a few heads when they walked into the bar: a dragon missing half her fur, inspecting the floor for glass even though her sense of smell was completely useless and a man even more charred than his companion. ‘A bit roughed up’ didn’t even begin to cover it. “Mmh, yes, ale would be great.” She agreed, before carefully settling down beside Lutis, on the floor because the chairs were all the wrong shape for her. She went about cleaning her face while they waited, because while Lutis might not mind looking like he’d escaped a fire, Celölas hated not to look presentable.

The drinks didn’t take long to arrive, and Celölas had her nose in the mug as soon as it was down at ground level for her. It felt like liquid magic after the dusty ash she’d been breathing. A little rest would only do them good then.

--

Elsewhere, however, things were less calm. Word had spread about the curious, charred pair that had staggered into the Cloud Breather, and someone had taken an interest. It was only a matter of time before Celölas and Lutis would be disturbed again…

Back to top Go down
Rogue
Rogue

Things that I am :
  • Alarmingly Excellent
  • Chatbox Spammer
  • Underling of Eldar

PostSubject: Re: [Random adventure times] Kat X Rogue [with Celölas and Lutis!]   [Random adventure times] Kat X Rogue [with Celölas and Lutis!] - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 28, 2012 8:32 pm

It was much later when Celölas and Lutis properly met again, after a pretty disastrous exit from the main room of the tavern. Well, some called it disastrous, others called it spectacular. Lutis couldn’t really judge, considering he was pretty much out of it the entire time he and Celölas were making themselves famous for looking terrible. It had been a happy moment when one of the bargirls had ushered them through the crowds of people eagerly pressing to hear their stories, sending them upstairs to a couple of rooms to rest and recover with the inn staff’s capable hands.

Lutis was thinking himself pretty lucky when the next day came, clean and bandaged and given a new set of clothes by the innkeeper’s kindly family. His arm was awfully sore, but apparently hadn’t cleaned up as badly as they had thought; scrapes, cuts, and a fair bit of burn, but not as bad as it could have been. And certainly not as bad as it could have been if Celölas had lost it and given into her bloodlust. Who knew what that might have brought. He would have to pay back the innkeeper at some point later, but for now he was just grateful for the generosity he and Celölas were receiving.
Sat down in the big room on the ground floor again, Lutis stared sleepily into the fire, quite happy to take a rest now, even though it had been almost a full day since he and Celölas had appeared. Perhaps the dragon would come down and they could talk a little; he remembered her being (or at least acting) in a bit of a better state than he had been, perhaps she had gotten some news about the whole warehouse-thing.
Back to top Go down
Stormkatz
Stormkatz

Things that I am :
  • ME Meercat
  • DDC Dingo
  • "Nice Girl"
  • Troll
  • Medium Poster
  • Chatbox Spammer
  • Really Too Kind
  • Rebel of Rogue

PostSubject: Re: [Random adventure times] Kat X Rogue [with Celölas and Lutis!]   [Random adventure times] Kat X Rogue [with Celölas and Lutis!] - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 31, 2012 5:08 pm

The staff really were helpful, and before too long Celölas had a new bandage around her nose (her sense of smell was clearing up again and she wasn’t sure what state Lutis would be in) and had cleaned off the worst of the burnt patches of fur. Now she just looked like she was going bald, but that was better than singed in her opinion. She didn’t let them fuss over her beyond what she needed, because she didn’t really enjoy the attention, but she did appreciate the warm breakfast they brought of eggs and toast.

Once she was happy that she didn’t have any egg in her fur, she made her way into the main room of the pub. She’d hurt her paw pad more than she had realised, and had a rather pronounced limp, but had cleaned up rather well all things considered. She spotted Lutis fairly quickly, and hobble-bounded over to his side, keen to see how he was doing after the mess they’d made of the day before.

“Still in one piece then?” she asked brightly. “I wonder if anyone’s seen the, erm, you-know-what since yesterday…” She was worried about it all – she didn’t want to get into trouble for the business with the warehouse, and she still secretly hoped some of the sheep had escaped safely, poor things. What a mess!

Back to top Go down
Rogue
Rogue

Things that I am :
  • Alarmingly Excellent
  • Chatbox Spammer
  • Underling of Eldar

PostSubject: Re: [Random adventure times] Kat X Rogue [with Celölas and Lutis!]   [Random adventure times] Kat X Rogue [with Celölas and Lutis!] - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 12, 2013 9:55 am

“Hey, Celölas,” Lutis said with a grin as the dragon appeared down at his side in the main room of the inn, turning to ruffle her ears with his good hand. “How’s haps? You’re lookin’ a bit better, than yesterday!” He laughed and sat forwards a little, looking the scraggly shade runner over. She didn’t look too unpresentable, all things considered.
“I’m not too bad myself, just a bit… charred.” He made a face, shrugging afterwards, just in case Celölas had concern for him. He’d be alright, just needed a bit of TLC.

Such a face quickly departed though, at the dragon’s following words. “Tha’ whole fire-an’-mess job? Oh, you have no idea Celö. I’ve had people comin’ up to me all morning; ‘you that guy they say wandered out of that warehouse an’ then ordered a drink?’ It’s like being famous! They can’t get enough of this.” He held up his arm, bandages free for all to see. Denying he wasn’t a little bit pleased would have been lying, but it was rather exciting, getting to talk to so many people. Lutis grinned at her, resting his arm back against the chair arm carefully. Even though he was showing off, that didn’t mean it didn’t hurt like anything. “Now you’re here, we’re probably going to get twice the attention. Famous, exciting, innit?”
Back to top Go down
Stormkatz
Stormkatz

Things that I am :
  • ME Meercat
  • DDC Dingo
  • "Nice Girl"
  • Troll
  • Medium Poster
  • Chatbox Spammer
  • Really Too Kind
  • Rebel of Rogue

PostSubject: Re: [Random adventure times] Kat X Rogue [with Celölas and Lutis!]   [Random adventure times] Kat X Rogue [with Celölas and Lutis!] - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 22, 2013 10:11 pm

Celölas smiled. Lutis certainly seemed himself again, with his high spirits again. Better than yesterday at least. “Yeah, I’m not so bad. Charred… yep, sounds about right.” She grinned back, giving a slightly comical expression as her teeth were bared only in the very corners of her mouth which the rest of her mouth was held shut by the bandages on her nose. She was going to need to find a better way of doing that until she was sure that both of them had healed properly. She wasn't sure if her own blood had the same effect as that of others, but she was quite enjoying being able to sit safely around others for the time being.

She did not share Lutis’ thoughts about the two of them being famous. “Erm, not my cup of tea – I prefer not being noticed. Shade runners are supposed to be good at hiding and running away… and I’m sure you can guess the only reasons I’ve been ‘famous’ before…”she added, looking away nervously. She was too used to getting attention for the wrong reasons to enjoy it overly. However, for the time being she felt reasonably safe, so she could relax into the attention.

“So, when’s the next adventure start?” she asked after a second. She was developing quite a taste for this adventure thing…

Back to top Go down
Rogue
Rogue

Things that I am :
  • Alarmingly Excellent
  • Chatbox Spammer
  • Underling of Eldar

PostSubject: Re: [Random adventure times] Kat X Rogue [with Celölas and Lutis!]   [Random adventure times] Kat X Rogue [with Celölas and Lutis!] - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 01, 2013 11:20 am

Lutis ‘pfft’-ed a reply. “Running away’s no fun! No, y’have to grab the metaphorical bull by its even-more metaphorical horns.” He grinned widely. Celölas needed to get out more, taste a little more excitement! Then she would get used to it, then she wouldn’t be so frightened of sticking her paw in the water more frequently. Of course there was the drawback that, once you got used to regular excitement, you started searching for the more extreme but… what was the harm in that?

The shade runner might have thought herself terrifying to others, but Lutis knew now that that only applied in a few certain situations, and she was so careful around everyone, how frequently could it happen? She had lasted the whole way through the warehouse, and that was pretty impressive. He had been feeling as sick as a duck by the time they had stumbled their way to the pub.
Relaxing back into his chair a little more, he fiddled aimlessly with the fabric of his bandage. “You can’t go lookin’ for adventures though, they come t’you, the best ones. Don’t wanna scare them off, do you now?” He raised his eyebrows at her briefly. “Not sure I’m too much in one piece yet to go after another one though. Much as we probably should go an’ wrap up the last of the one we jus’ had.” What had happened to all those expensive smuggled items? Was anything going on with that, or was the whole affair just going to blow away to dust? “I’ve got bruises on my bruises, let me tell you…”

The pub was relatively quiet, considering it was still morning, and most drinkers didn’t start until at least the afternoon. There were plenty of other establishments to choose from in the area, so the one or two already at their posts weren’t an unusual number. The two that came through the door weren’t much out of place either, except possibly for their grim faces and strong arms. They were probably just labourers slacking off work for lunch.
Possibly.
Back to top Go down
Stormkatz
Stormkatz

Things that I am :
  • ME Meercat
  • DDC Dingo
  • "Nice Girl"
  • Troll
  • Medium Poster
  • Chatbox Spammer
  • Really Too Kind
  • Rebel of Rogue

PostSubject: Re: [Random adventure times] Kat X Rogue [with Celölas and Lutis!]   [Random adventure times] Kat X Rogue [with Celölas and Lutis!] - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun Feb 03, 2013 9:35 pm

“I don’t think I’m strong enough to grab bulls by the horns or whatever.” She stuck out her tongue with a smirk. Although she had enjoyed most parts of that adventure, Celölas was a complete coward, and she didn’t want Lutis to know that. If nothing else happened, he would never find out anyway, or so she hoped.

“We went looking for that one though…” she commented with a puzzled look, “and not looking for them has always done fine for me.” Yes, she did want to scare them off – she liked normality, unlike some people apparently. But she had to admit, Lutis had opened her eyes to a world where not everything had to be happy-nicey but was still generally good. She sympathised with his bruises though – she was feeling plenty roughed up herself – even after her good night’s sleep.

The two men who had just arrived didn’t look quite as friendly as the others in the bar already. “Erm, what were you saying about adventures finding you? Because I’m not having the best feeling about those two…” she said quietly. What was left of her fur bristled and puffed out just a little, making her ever-so-slightly bigger, but she was still trying not to look scared. She was sure it was nothing, yes, definitely nothing at all… until the men walked up to their table. One slammed a hand down on the table, making Celölas flinch. Suddenly ‘adventure’ seemed like the best name for what was about to happen.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: [Random adventure times] Kat X Rogue [with Celölas and Lutis!]   [Random adventure times] Kat X Rogue [with Celölas and Lutis!] - Page 4 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

[Random adventure times] Kat X Rogue [with Celölas and Lutis!]
Page 4 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next