Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Frost in the spring? (Spiritdragon & Stormkatz)

Go down 
2 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3
AuthorMessage
Stormkatz
Stormkatz

Things that I am :
  • ME Meercat
  • DDC Dingo
  • "Nice Girl"
  • Troll
  • Medium Poster
  • Chatbox Spammer
  • Really Too Kind
  • Rebel of Rogue

Female Loveliness : 16

Frost in the spring? (Spiritdragon & Stormkatz) - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Frost in the spring? (Spiritdragon & Stormkatz)   Frost in the spring? (Spiritdragon & Stormkatz) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 31, 2011 11:45 am

As Dyavol finally found a crack leading up to the surface again, he crawled out into the middle of the icy street from underneath one of the buildings. Inside he could see a woman cooking, dressed all in furs, with a small boy tugging at her skirts. Perfect. He looked around quickly, before fluttering onto the window ledge, doing his very best innocent-little-green-butterfly impression. The woman smiled warmly at him – an expression that sickened him deeply; and the boy reached out a hand to him. Just as the two of them were loosing interest in the ‘bug’ on their windowsill, he grinned, revealing his delicate row of razor sharp teeth, and pulled his tail around to his side. The woman didn’t seem to notice him, but her son clearly did.

“Mama, the flutterby looks nasty!” he said helplessly, tugging at her skirts again. The woman looked up, and Dyavol started his attack. Slash, slash with his tail. He had only scratched the boy’s face, but as he turned, hovering lightly, the woman started to scream. The look of terror in her eyes was delicious, and the noise she was making would be enough to tell Temero to start attacking.

Now that the signal had been sent, he had no use for the woman and her son. They were both shielding their faces, and swatting their hands at him pathetically, but it was their necks he needed. Two quick movements and the screaming ceased, leaving only an eerie echo of their fear. Dyavol smiled darkly – his need for revenge boiling over. ‘Let’s see how the man of this house likes seeing his family destroyed’ he said under his breath with a small laugh, before diving out of the window and back into the little, warm rat tunnels to plan his next target.
Back to top Go down
Spiritdragon
Spiritdragon

Things that I am :
  • ME Meercat
  • DDC Dingo
  • Dragon Hoarder
  • Gold Hoarder
  • Medium Poster
  • Chatbox Spammer
  • Really Too Kind

Female Loveliness : 2

PostSubject: Re: Frost in the spring? (Spiritdragon & Stormkatz)   Frost in the spring? (Spiritdragon & Stormkatz) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 31, 2011 5:50 pm

It took slightly longer than the Wolf dragon had expected, but finally he heard screams and cries, a feral smile crossing his face as they echoed up to his ears. Finally, he thought with delight, circling lower so that he could see one of the windows. There was no one in the room but that would quickly change for Temero hurtled towards it, curling into a ball and snapping his wings shut just before he hit, breaking the window with an explosion of glass and wood. Uncurling and spreading his wings again Temero circled the room, destroying anything he could get his hands on before the door burst open and a man entered.

Before he could even cry out Temero was on him and his voice died in his throat, never to be heard again. His momentum carried the wolf dragon into the hall, though a partially open door, and into another room, this one appearing to be the master bedroom. A perfunctory glance showed no one there and Temero nodded shortly as he headed deeper into the house. No one else had come to see what the noise was, which bothered him until he realized there was simply no one else there. But clearly this man did not live on his own.

Snorting with impatience Temero headed back up to the top floor, crashing though another window to get outside. Screams and cries of outrage greeted the glass that fell down to the street and Temero flicked his tail in acknowledgement of their words. This is just too much fun, he thought, soaring over the village, deciding which house to enter next.

Back to top Go down
Stormkatz
Stormkatz

Things that I am :
  • ME Meercat
  • DDC Dingo
  • "Nice Girl"
  • Troll
  • Medium Poster
  • Chatbox Spammer
  • Really Too Kind
  • Rebel of Rogue

PostSubject: Re: Frost in the spring? (Spiritdragon & Stormkatz)   Frost in the spring? (Spiritdragon & Stormkatz) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 02, 2012 5:45 pm

Dyavol laughed aloud in glee as more screams joined the generally rising panic. Temero was destroying a building, and that meant it was time for Dyavol to get back to work. He rocketed back out of his warm hole and into the freezing street. Most of the men had stayed inside to protect their homes, but the women and children were mainly trying to escape into the open. Brilliant.

To anyone watching from a distance, seemingly random people would appear to be falling for no good reason. Only Dyavol and his victims knew that it was actually the occasional hit from his spinning tail-attacks. His scales were painted a startling shade of red, but he was only just warming up. However, he had to keep reminding himself that they weren’t just there for the fun – they really did have to find whoever was causing the frost. He wondered dimly if the shape changer was still there, and what the tricky two-leg would think of the scene unfolding in the middle of that quiet town. He couldn’t decide if he wished she had already gone, or that she had stayed to see the destruction. Either would be pleasing from his point of view. Either way, she was on no real concern to him.
Back to top Go down
Spiritdragon
Spiritdragon

Things that I am :
  • ME Meercat
  • DDC Dingo
  • Dragon Hoarder
  • Gold Hoarder
  • Medium Poster
  • Chatbox Spammer
  • Really Too Kind

PostSubject: Re: Frost in the spring? (Spiritdragon & Stormkatz)   Frost in the spring? (Spiritdragon & Stormkatz) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 08, 2012 9:41 pm

Temero had just turned towards another building when he caught a flash of movement and feathers out of the corner of his eye. Turning towards it too late Arcania slammed into his side, knocking him off course. The Wolf dragon snapped in her direction, teeth closing on air with an audible clack, only to find that she was hovering not far away. "What do you want?" he snarled, wanting to get back to destroying the town.

"I want you to stop," the hawk said. "What are you trying to do here?"

"Figure out what is going on. Stop the frost," Temero explained shortly, diving under her and scanning the buildings, deciding which one to target now. "I am creating a distraction while Dyavol searches the houses and tries to locate the person who is doing this." When he got no reply the Wolf dragon looked up curiously to find the woman studying him, following him in his descent.

"Okay," she said finally. "While I do not agree with your method, I will help you. It seems to me as though there must be a better way, but I am impressed by you two." Temero was vaguely surprised by her promise of assistance, and the fact that she was not trying to stop him. However he was not going to question her because he did not really care. They separated, Temero descending upon the nearest house and Arcania harrying people on the street, screeching and batting her wings in their faces and at their heads.

Back to top Go down
Stormkatz
Stormkatz

Things that I am :
  • ME Meercat
  • DDC Dingo
  • "Nice Girl"
  • Troll
  • Medium Poster
  • Chatbox Spammer
  • Really Too Kind
  • Rebel of Rogue

PostSubject: Re: Frost in the spring? (Spiritdragon & Stormkatz)   Frost in the spring? (Spiritdragon & Stormkatz) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 10, 2012 11:49 pm

Dyavol was too busy to notice the short exchange above – he had just found another network of rat tunnels leading into the cellars and pantries of almost all of the houses in the little town. He was searching them one at a time, and trying to determine which one was the source of the problem. As he went, he couldn’t resist slashing at anyone who was still in their house, but he tried to leave them mostly alive - just to spread the panic outside. That would draw more out to Temero’s lovely distraction, leaving him free to explore and slightly tear up their houses. So far he must have searched three or four, and they all looked irritatingly normal – too perfect for his liking. He was almost hoping to find the tainted house soon, just so that he didn’t have to see another sickening, happy family home.

Using the rat tunnels carefully and systematically, it didn’t take him long to reach the end of the street on one side. There had been nothing worth mentioning, and he was itching to just leave the tunnels and join in the chaos above him However, he couldn’t do that – not then – and simply amused himself by chasing rats out of his way as he squirmed up towards the surface, and into the first house on the other side of the road. His trail of progress was clearly visible, as he sent a wave of people fleeing from every building he searched, and because he had taken great care to rip up the wallpapering in the front room of every house so far.
Back to top Go down
Spiritdragon
Spiritdragon

Things that I am :
  • ME Meercat
  • DDC Dingo
  • Dragon Hoarder
  • Gold Hoarder
  • Medium Poster
  • Chatbox Spammer
  • Really Too Kind

PostSubject: Re: Frost in the spring? (Spiritdragon & Stormkatz)   Frost in the spring? (Spiritdragon & Stormkatz) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 22, 2012 1:55 am

Temero ignored the female hawk below as he tore apart the house, but Arcania was still working steadily, using Dyavol's work to her advantage as a way to stir up even more chaos. Between the three of them the town was rapidly descending into madness if not complete insanity. Arcania was not particularly fond of it but Temero reveled in it as he moved from building to building, though he did slightly wish Dyavol would hurry up and find something suspicious. However at that moment he realized that unless the little dragon found some way to inform him Dyavol would be forced to face the person on his own.

Well, the other dragon was in ME, so he had to know how to defend himself. Besides, he had proved quite competent when battling the mouse, so Temero was not really worried about him. If he needs help he will simply have to find a way to let me know, the Wolf decided, settling upon another house to rend into pieces.

Back to top Go down
Stormkatz
Stormkatz

Things that I am :
  • ME Meercat
  • DDC Dingo
  • "Nice Girl"
  • Troll
  • Medium Poster
  • Chatbox Spammer
  • Really Too Kind
  • Rebel of Rogue

PostSubject: Re: Frost in the spring? (Spiritdragon & Stormkatz)   Frost in the spring? (Spiritdragon & Stormkatz) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 22, 2012 11:31 am

The next house Dyavol struck seemed to be more promising. As he burst his way in, tearing the rat-hole open a little wider as he did so, he could see no signs of movement inside the house. Cautiously, he made his way out into the room on foot, before springing into the air and hovering into the next room. Still nothing. The house looked barren – abandoned even, but he could smell the stench of humans everywhere. Fluttering towards the stairs, he kept his guard high as he made his way up to the next floor.

Once upstairs, the problem was immediately clear. From under the first door, a bluish glow was spreading slowly into the hallway. Dyavol let out a little hiss, flicking his tongue like a snake, and hovered closer, before landing just outside. The glow inside the room was blindingly bright, and he could make out nothing from under the door, but he had a feeling this was it. He had to tell Temero, but how? He couldn’t just fly outside and shout, because he’d get noticed. No, he was going to have to go on his own.

There was a knothole in the wood of the door quite near the bottom, so Dyavol set to work on widening it. The door was old, and the wood crumbled away easily as he clawed it, leaving a hole just big enough for him to squeeze through. The glow inside was dazzling, but against the brilliance, he could see a shadowy figure. Whether they were near of far he could not tell, but he was certain this was it. Surely one little town couldn’t have more than one magic user, could it?
Back to top Go down
Spiritdragon
Spiritdragon

Things that I am :
  • ME Meercat
  • DDC Dingo
  • Dragon Hoarder
  • Gold Hoarder
  • Medium Poster
  • Chatbox Spammer
  • Really Too Kind

PostSubject: Re: Frost in the spring? (Spiritdragon & Stormkatz)   Frost in the spring? (Spiritdragon & Stormkatz) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 25, 2012 12:33 am

Temero ripped through the roof of the house, finding some loose shingles and managing to get his claws and teeth underneath the underlying boards of the house and tearing them up. One the gap was large enough Temero wormed his way through, dropping down into the attic. Strange noises emanated from the floor, and the Wolf dragon listened warily before pressing on, pushing the staircase down and soaring down into the top floor.

It quickly became apparent what was causing the strange sounds, unless of course there was a natural reason for the light spilling out from underneath a door down the hall. Temero crept closer, realizing suddenly that Dyavol was standing just outside, trying to get into the room. "Fancy meeting you here," the Wolf dragon said softly, careful to keep his voice as low as possible. "Think this is the place? Seems like the most logical. You want me to just break the door down?" Temero was completely willing to, but then was struck by the apprehension that perhaps he would make the attempt and fail miserably. Well, it was a risk he was willing to take.

Back to top Go down
Stormkatz
Stormkatz

Things that I am :
  • ME Meercat
  • DDC Dingo
  • "Nice Girl"
  • Troll
  • Medium Poster
  • Chatbox Spammer
  • Really Too Kind
  • Rebel of Rogue

PostSubject: Re: Frost in the spring? (Spiritdragon & Stormkatz)   Frost in the spring? (Spiritdragon & Stormkatz) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 28, 2012 6:52 pm

“Well, you /could/ tear it down if you like, but this is big enough for me to get in and unlock it. That way, whoever’s in there won’t realise fast enough to run.” Dyavol smiled darkly, before sliding under the door tail-first, not waiting for a response from Temero. Ignoring the blinding light, he fluttered up the side of the door and felt around for the lock. It was a simple one, and it took him no time to slide a delicate claw into the lock and open it, letting the door swing open a little way. He smiled at Temero again through the slowly opening door, oblivious to the blinding glow behind him and the danger that was probably hidden within it. He was certain that he hadn’t been spotted, but then again, he had been wrong before.
Back to top Go down
Spiritdragon
Spiritdragon

Things that I am :
  • ME Meercat
  • DDC Dingo
  • Dragon Hoarder
  • Gold Hoarder
  • Medium Poster
  • Chatbox Spammer
  • Really Too Kind

PostSubject: Re: Frost in the spring? (Spiritdragon & Stormkatz)   Frost in the spring? (Spiritdragon & Stormkatz) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 02, 2012 1:53 am

Temero nodded slightly, waiting patiently for the little dragon to unlock the door. Surprisingly the action did not take very long, and the Wolf dragon returned the impish smile. The real problem was taking down whoever was causing the strange weather. Especially since he could not really see.

Peering into the brightly lit room, Temero slowly crept in, staying close to the wall by the door, pressing his stomach against the carpet in an attempt to make himself less noticeable. Of course, he was considerably bigger than Dyavol, so he would be noticed more quickly, whereas the little dragon might not be noticed at all, until it was too late of course. But he could not hide so well, which complicated things. And now that they were in the room he had no way of talking to his partner to plan their attack. Besides that, who knew what this magician could do.

Narrowing his eyes, Temero attempted to peer through the light to make out the form of whoever was casting the spell. However it was simply too blinding and he was forced to turn his gaze away, shutting his eyes tightly. Perhaps the best way to go about this was to listen for any signs of life. Between that and scent perhaps he would still be okay.

Back to top Go down
Stormkatz
Stormkatz

Things that I am :
  • ME Meercat
  • DDC Dingo
  • "Nice Girl"
  • Troll
  • Medium Poster
  • Chatbox Spammer
  • Really Too Kind
  • Rebel of Rogue

PostSubject: Re: Frost in the spring? (Spiritdragon & Stormkatz)   Frost in the spring? (Spiritdragon & Stormkatz) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Feb 05, 2012 8:36 pm

“Okay, so we’ve found him. Now what?” Dyavol whispered, nodding towards the vague shadow of the magician through the bluish haze. He hadn’t ever really anticipated /finding/ the source of the problem, and hadn’t thought out how to deal with it. They had officially come further than he had expected, which all seemed a little unnerving.

“So, can we kill them, or do we have to make them undo the spell first?” he added, as quietly as possible so that the man didn’t hear them. If he was capable of freezing an entire town it seemed wise not to let him figure out they were there. After all, just the frost had almost been enough to stop Dyavol in his tracks, so further magic ws not only unpredictable, but dangerous too.

Trying to figure out their next logical step, he looked around the room. His eyes were beginning to adjust to the impossible brightness, and he could see vague shapes around the edges of the room. He didn’t know what he had been expecting – a crystal ball perhaps, or some other magical items, but what he could make out all seemed very… normal. There were a few books, a mug of something (possibly tea, possibly ale, he couldn’t tell which), and a pile of what looked like clothes on the floor, awaiting washing. However, just out of the corner of his eye, Dyavol caught sight of a shape that chilled his blood. It was nothing but a rolled up scroll – possibly for the magic, or possibly just a newsletter, but the memories attached to that particular item made him shiver where he stood. He gave up on looking then, and squeezed his eyes shut so that he didn’t have to look at the tube of paper any more. He too was down to scent and sound to make out what was going on in the room.
Back to top Go down
Spiritdragon
Spiritdragon

Things that I am :
  • ME Meercat
  • DDC Dingo
  • Dragon Hoarder
  • Gold Hoarder
  • Medium Poster
  • Chatbox Spammer
  • Really Too Kind

PostSubject: Re: Frost in the spring? (Spiritdragon & Stormkatz)   Frost in the spring? (Spiritdragon & Stormkatz) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 11, 2012 12:48 am

Now there is the million dollar question, Temero thought, making a slight face. Attacking seemed to be the best idea but he really did not think that was wise. After all, they had no idea what this guy could do, and they would be going in blind because of the light pouring off of him. No doubt he could see perfectly, unlike the pair, so that hardly seemed like a good idea.

"I am not sure," Temero replied as softly as possible. "I think magic usually stops when the person that cast the spell dies, but I could be wrong. I do not really know for certain." He really did not spend that much time around humans, especially spellcasters, and so was at a loss. This was not good, and Temero knew it. Well what did you expect, he chided himself. To just walk in and have the man surrender? Even you are not that good. "I think the best thing to do is attack," he said softly, shuffling his wings as he crouched, preparing to spring. "You can stay back if you want, assess the situation some more."

In truth he very much doubted Dyavol would do so, but he wanted the option to be out there. If he was being honest with himself, there was a very good chance they would not be getting out of this. No doubt someone was going to die here, but the Wolf dragon could only hope it would be the human. Just the human. With that thought in mind Temero roared, hurling himself towards the man, hind legs powering off the wall to give him more momentum, wings flared wide to make him look bigger.

Back to top Go down
Stormkatz
Stormkatz

Things that I am :
  • ME Meercat
  • DDC Dingo
  • "Nice Girl"
  • Troll
  • Medium Poster
  • Chatbox Spammer
  • Really Too Kind
  • Rebel of Rogue

PostSubject: Re: Frost in the spring? (Spiritdragon & Stormkatz)   Frost in the spring? (Spiritdragon & Stormkatz) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 16, 2012 12:36 am

Stay back? Assess the situation? Now that the mere thought of bloodshed was out there, Dyavol barely knew the meaning of the words. He kept himself calm and collected for s long as he could, but he still knew that rolled up scroll was there, and it was really messing with him. As soon as he heard Temero move, he found himself flying full-pelt across the room, in the direction of the shadow of the man.

He opened his eyes, and, once he knew where the man ended and the glow began (for he was getting close now), he leapt out of the air, tail-first, in a tricky manoeuvre that only a lifetime’s practise could sculpt. Mid-attack, he had his doubts – they arrived as a huge wave, nagging n his ear and telling him that he was too small for this – that it was futile, but the even bigger wave of hatred inside him rushed over it, meaning he failed to cut the vein he was after, but instead managed to prick the man’s shoulder. Oh horseshit, now things got trickier, and he was going to need Temero’s strength fairly quickly…
Back to top Go down
Spiritdragon
Spiritdragon

Things that I am :
  • ME Meercat
  • DDC Dingo
  • Dragon Hoarder
  • Gold Hoarder
  • Medium Poster
  • Chatbox Spammer
  • Really Too Kind

PostSubject: Re: Frost in the spring? (Spiritdragon & Stormkatz)   Frost in the spring? (Spiritdragon & Stormkatz) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Feb 19, 2012 10:24 pm

Temero was pleased to see that his companion leaped at the same time he did, though he thought the smaller dragon's attack would not do much good. Still, he had no idea how strong Dyavol's poison was, so perhaps he was underestimating him. His attack also missed, as he suddenly found himself driven into the floor, a sharp pain flaring in his left wing. Well, the man certainly has quick reflexes, the Wolf dragon thought, realizing that he was wielding some sort of stick.

Twisting on the floor Temero sank his teeth into the man's left ankle, fluttering his wings wildly as he attempted to right himself, twisting his head at the same time in an effort to knock the man off balance or, preferably, make him fall. At least with both of us fighting at once he will be distracted, Temero thought, whip-like tail lashing from side to side, slapping against the floor with a sharp crack that sounded far more painful than it really was. Granted it stung but his wing hurt far more. He would skin the man alive if he had broken it, wing bones were so delicate!

Back to top Go down
Stormkatz
Stormkatz

Things that I am :
  • ME Meercat
  • DDC Dingo
  • "Nice Girl"
  • Troll
  • Medium Poster
  • Chatbox Spammer
  • Really Too Kind
  • Rebel of Rogue

PostSubject: Re: Frost in the spring? (Spiritdragon & Stormkatz)   Frost in the spring? (Spiritdragon & Stormkatz) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Feb 19, 2012 10:42 pm

Temero seemed to distract the man, so Dyavol dug his claws into the man’s clothes and tried to turn around to slash at him. He flicked his tail, and drew a line of blood down the man’s chin, but again missed all the key veins. Drat, he was loosing his touch!

The man swatted as him with one hand, but Dyavol leapt out of the way, taking wing easily, before sinking his tiny, needle-sharp teeth into the man’s finger. He had heard Temero take a hit, although he couldn’t tell what had happened, and hoped that his small but precise attacks would be enough of a distraction to let the wolf dragon collect himself. He still couldn’t see through the blinding light, but he /could/ see a blue orb that seemed to be emitting it. It was giving off a sort of cold steam, and he had a feeling that it was something to do with the frost outside. However, he had no idea how to deactivate it.

There wasn’t time to think right then, however. The man started to shake his hand, sending Dyavol’s flight patterns off course as he failed to remove his teeth fast enough. He hurtled away from the man’s hand as the forces around him became to great, and slammed into the wall. To Temero and the man he would have made no sound at all, but Dyavol’s ears were ringing with the thump. Everything hurt, and his vision was tinged with black at the edges. He crumpled onto one of the man’s shelves, falling behind a scroll, and fought to stay awake (he knew himself too well to think he wasn’t going to pass out before long), willing Temero to finish the job. He cursed the fact that he couldn’t take any sort of hit, and struggled to get up, before loosing consciousness and slumping onto the shelf again, only to re-awaken seconds later, his body burning with pain.
Back to top Go down
Spiritdragon
Spiritdragon

Things that I am :
  • ME Meercat
  • DDC Dingo
  • Dragon Hoarder
  • Gold Hoarder
  • Medium Poster
  • Chatbox Spammer
  • Really Too Kind

PostSubject: Re: Frost in the spring? (Spiritdragon & Stormkatz)   Frost in the spring? (Spiritdragon & Stormkatz) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 25, 2012 1:09 am

Come on Dyavol, the Wolf dragon thought, looking up warily and watching the little dragon attack, doing his best to distract the man while he did. However he seemed to be completely unsuccessful and the little dragon was thrown into a wall. Temero snarled in anger, biting down hard on the man's ankle which caused him to bellow in pain and lash out, his foot ripping backwards out of Temero's mouth only to return seconds later, slamming into his side. The Wolf dragon howled in agony as he was lifted off the ground and sent sliding into what appeared to be a stone basin, knocking it over and causing the orb that had apparently been perched on top of it to fall onto Temero's back, landing just between his wing joints.

Temero snarled and lashed out with his tail, the orb shooting across the floor and banging against the wall, rolling under a nearby table before coming to a halt. The man shouted in anger and Temero realized, a little belatedly, that this must be the source of the unnatural cold. Darn, and he had been so close to it too... Temero dove for the table, trying to reach it before the man did, but was too late and ended up crouched down, snarling at the sorcerer or whatever he was as the man cradled the orb in his arms. Well, at least that made him more of a target. So the Wolf dragon leaped at the man again, pressing his advantage.

Back to top Go down
Stormkatz
Stormkatz

Things that I am :
  • ME Meercat
  • DDC Dingo
  • "Nice Girl"
  • Troll
  • Medium Poster
  • Chatbox Spammer
  • Really Too Kind
  • Rebel of Rogue

PostSubject: Re: Frost in the spring? (Spiritdragon & Stormkatz)   Frost in the spring? (Spiritdragon & Stormkatz) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 25, 2012 10:42 pm

As the orb hit the ground, the unnatural blue light faded down a little, allowing Dyavol to see properly from the shelf he was sprawled across. He watched helplessly as the man kicked Temero, and the struggle for the orb that followed, before finally managing to drag himself upright. His wings felt like fire, and in the slightly less bright light of the smothered orb he could see a bloody stain where he had hit the wall. However, that was enough to move him back to anger, despite the burning pain throughout every inch of him. He couldn’t use his wings, but his legs were strong enough, so he launched himself off the shelf in the direction of the man. He landed about half way down the man’s shin, and started to climb up his leg, just as Temero leaped up at the man again.

For a moment the travelling was rough, but then the man doubled over, his face contorted in pain. Dyavol hadn’t had the energy or strength to reach the man’s neck, but his vicious tail barbs had struck their mark. The butterfly dragon dropped to the floor, thrown off by the man’s movement, and ran as fast as he could – he didn’t want to get stepped on in the resulting madness. Only once he was well out of reach did he allow himself to sag to the ground, his energy gone completely. His wings were useless, and were going to take some very careful work to set straight (the bones in a butterfly dragon’s wings being the thinnest, most fragile net imaginable), and he was covered in scratches. However, the sorcerer now had five tiny holes left in a rather sensitive area, which ought to make Temero’s job easier. That thought in mind, Dyavol collapsed, unable to support his own weight.

(ooc;; finish that sorcerer Wink)
Back to top Go down
Spiritdragon
Spiritdragon

Things that I am :
  • ME Meercat
  • DDC Dingo
  • Dragon Hoarder
  • Gold Hoarder
  • Medium Poster
  • Chatbox Spammer
  • Really Too Kind

PostSubject: Re: Frost in the spring? (Spiritdragon & Stormkatz)   Frost in the spring? (Spiritdragon & Stormkatz) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 03, 2012 1:23 am

It took Temero a moment to figure out what had happened to the man, startled by his sudden reaction, but once he had the wolf dragon spared a moment of sympathy for him. Goodness, that had to have hurt. Then Temero collided with the man, jaws wrapping around his neck, teeth scissoring into the thin flesh covering the veins there. Ripping backwards sharply, his efforts were rewarded by a sharp pop and a choking sound, causing the male to grin as he spread his wings to keep himself from crashing into the ground.

The light faded swiftly, leaving Temero with the impression that the world had suddenly gone dark, leading him to believe for a horrible moment that he had somehow gotten a spell put on himself and was not dying. Upon realizing that this was not the case and making sure they were not going to have any more trouble from the fallen sorcerer (if they were he would have to do it quickly, he had a horrible rattle in his chest), Temero swiftly made his way over to the fallen Dyavol, peering at the smaller dragon curiously. He was still breathing, that was a good thing. Temero could only hope that he was not hurt.

Turning away, needing to do one last thing before he was comfortable with leaving, Temero picked up the orb in his jaws and flung it at the nearest wall, watching with satisfaction as it shattered, turning into a fine dust that fluttered to the floor. "Much better," the wolf dragon muttered, returning to Dyavol. "Hopefully that fixed things. Dyavol? Are you all right?"

Back to top Go down
Stormkatz
Stormkatz

Things that I am :
  • ME Meercat
  • DDC Dingo
  • "Nice Girl"
  • Troll
  • Medium Poster
  • Chatbox Spammer
  • Really Too Kind
  • Rebel of Rogue

PostSubject: Re: Frost in the spring? (Spiritdragon & Stormkatz)   Frost in the spring? (Spiritdragon & Stormkatz) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 04, 2012 1:38 pm

Dyavol watched faintly from where he lay, and grinned as he heard the sorcerer fall. However, once the satisfaction had left him, he found himself plunged into darkness as the blue light vanished. For a moment he thought he had passed out again, but the rattling from across the room told him otherwise. He was confused, but could probably figure that out later.

He blinked as Temero appeared, looking a little bloodstained as far as he could tell in the relative darkness. He forced himself upright with his front legs, and nodded weakly. “I’ll be fine – I’m mostly in one piece I think.” He croaked, wincing as a wave of pain shot through his wings and back. They must have looked a state – he had certainly left quite a mark on the wall, and he could tell something was broken. However, it looked like they had won, which meant it couldn’t be too bad.

“If we’re lucky, smashing the orb will have destroyed the curse. I suppose we can only wait and see.” He added, willing the air around him to support his fragile frame a little better so that he could stand on his back legs. His knees trembled horribly, but with the extra support from his weak wind magic he managed not to topple over, which was a start. He loved having wind magic – it made life so much easier, especially when you had to fly everywhere just to keep up with anything larger than you (which for Dyavol was practically everything).
Back to top Go down
Spiritdragon
Spiritdragon

Things that I am :
  • ME Meercat
  • DDC Dingo
  • Dragon Hoarder
  • Gold Hoarder
  • Medium Poster
  • Chatbox Spammer
  • Really Too Kind

PostSubject: Re: Frost in the spring? (Spiritdragon & Stormkatz)   Frost in the spring? (Spiritdragon & Stormkatz) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 06, 2012 3:06 am

The wolf dragon inspected the smaller one, though he knew that he would be useless to tell whether or not Dyavol was actually hurt. After all, he was not a lifeblood, nor had he spent any time around a healer. Fighting was more his thing, not healing, and so he simply sat beside Dyavol to keep him company and be available to fetch help if need be. "I should certainly hope so, but I think you might want to get checked out next time you end up near a hospital or something," Temero replied finally, glancing back at the sorcerer on the floor to make sure that he had not moved. No, the man did not seem as though he would be stirring ever again.

"I certainly hope it does," the wolf dragon continued, fearfully wondering if he had just done the worst possible thing by destroying the orb. However it made sense to him that if the person maintaining a spell and the object he had been using to do so were both destroyed, the spell should end, not continue indefinitely. At any rate, there was no going back now, and the would simply have to hope. At least, Temero would. It would be his fault alone should things go wrong.

Relieved to see Dyavol standing, though he was not sure if the little dragon could stay that way for long, Temero went over to the window and peered out hopefully, as though expecting everything to be back to normal already. "Well, with any luck there will not be that long of a wait," he finished, tail swishing slowly from side to side as he waited, a touch impatiently as usual.

Back to top Go down
Stormkatz
Stormkatz

Things that I am :
  • ME Meercat
  • DDC Dingo
  • "Nice Girl"
  • Troll
  • Medium Poster
  • Chatbox Spammer
  • Really Too Kind
  • Rebel of Rogue

PostSubject: Re: Frost in the spring? (Spiritdragon & Stormkatz)   Frost in the spring? (Spiritdragon & Stormkatz) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 06, 2012 9:29 pm

“Pah, hospitals are for weaklings. If worst comes to the worst I’ll get one of the other dragons to fix me up when we manage to rejoin Vy.” Dyavol smirked, before following Temero over to the window (very slowly, of course, since he was on foot, and couldn’t fly with his crushed wings). His eyes were beginning to adjust to the lower light levels, and he could see the fragments of shattered crystal that had made up the orb laying about the room. Good – the thing was definitely destroyed, and didn’t feel cold any longer, which he hoped meant the enchantment was broken.

The journey across the large room felt like a long one, but he reached Temero’s side quickly enough. He stopped for a moment beside the sorcerer (who was wheezing a little, and bubbling blood) to sneer, standing over the dying man proudly, before taking his tail-barbs to the man’s face, just to spite him before letting him continue dying. Only then did he let himself settle down on the ground again, beside Temero’s huge foot.

“Well, in here it looks like a success – what about outside? It that annoying bird-woman still there?” he asked, unable to see anything but a square of sky out of the window so far above him. He was exhausted, and hurt everywhere, but he was satisfied. There were a good few less humanoids alive after their little rampage, and that made the day a success in his eyes. And he knew for a fact that a few more families had been broken up that day, which made the victory all the sweeter in his eyes. Yes, it was a twisted thing to think, but he did like to see the wretched two legs go through the same agony hey had put him through.

Back to top Go down
Spiritdragon
Spiritdragon

Things that I am :
  • ME Meercat
  • DDC Dingo
  • Dragon Hoarder
  • Gold Hoarder
  • Medium Poster
  • Chatbox Spammer
  • Really Too Kind

PostSubject: Re: Frost in the spring? (Spiritdragon & Stormkatz)   Frost in the spring? (Spiritdragon & Stormkatz) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 16, 2012 1:06 am

Temero chuckled slightly at the Butterfly's ideas of hospitals. It was one shared by many, people and dragons alike, for reasons that he could understand. Temero was not one to really seek help in any fashion unless he was about to die from his wounds. Then and only then would he haul himself to the closest healer, whatever species that might be, though he would very, very grudgingly accept help from a human. Chances were the human would be forced to help him, simply to make the Wolf dragon feel better about the whole thing.

Staring out interestedly, it took Temero a moment to reply. "Well, it looks like things are starting to warm up. The snow is starting to melt. Slowly but surely." Stepping down from the windowsill Temero turned to Dyavol and nodded slightly. "It seems as though we did it." The Wolf glanced at the window again and shrugged. "I did not see her out there, but I am sure she is somewhere." No doubt the creature was just waiting for them to go outside to attack them or something like that. Well, she would find out quickly that they were not to be messed with.

If nothing else, at least they had managed to put an end to the strange coldness. Honestly, humans could be so much trouble. And they were trying to get rid of the dragons on the island? Well, that would only end badly. At least dragons could get along with each other rather well. Temero had seen firsthand how horribly humans did with that.

Back to top Go down
Stormkatz
Stormkatz

Things that I am :
  • ME Meercat
  • DDC Dingo
  • "Nice Girl"
  • Troll
  • Medium Poster
  • Chatbox Spammer
  • Really Too Kind
  • Rebel of Rogue

PostSubject: Re: Frost in the spring? (Spiritdragon & Stormkatz)   Frost in the spring? (Spiritdragon & Stormkatz) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 16, 2012 10:41 pm

Dyavol was quiet for a long moment, awestruck. They’d done it – he had realised that a while ago, but now it seemed suddenly real. “Well, I guess that’s it then…” he said hesitantly, looking around the destroyed room as his vision adjusted to the natural light. It was a disgrace: the now dead sorcerer was leaving a brilliant puddle of red on the floorboards and there were shards of shattered crystal everywhere. Oh, and scrolls. There were scrolls everywhere. They still made Dyavol’s blood boil with hatred, but the blood of the man who had owned them was still fresh on his paws and tail, reminding him that revenge had already been exacted that day. He had done enough.

“Would you mind, erm, dropping me off at ground level? I’m sure my wings will heal in a few days, but until then I’d like to be able to get around. I’ll chase the last few rats out of the tunnels underground and hide out there.” He announced, wincing as his wings throbbed, as if they knew he was talking about them. He wouldn’t have been surprised if every bone in them had been broken, but broken bones healed. He dimly wished that broken hearts could do the same, but his had been broken too long for him to even feel his own numbness. When he thought of it like that it sounded almost poetic. Stupid human influences.

“Where do we go from here?” he asked, thinking that he should probably part ways with the wolf dragon. It had been nice to see him – he would keep an eye out for him when they re-joined the rest of ME, but Dyavol needed to nurse his wounds, and Temero probably had somewhat better to do too. Well, he’d let Temero decide – Dyavol didn’t feel much like thinking for a while. He always hoped that violence like that they had just caused would lessen the heaviness inside him and make him feel better, and every time it didn’t work hurt just a little bit more than he could bear to admit.

(think this will probably be my last post unless you want to continue, just tell me of you want to keep going Smile)
Back to top Go down
Spiritdragon
Spiritdragon

Things that I am :
  • ME Meercat
  • DDC Dingo
  • Dragon Hoarder
  • Gold Hoarder
  • Medium Poster
  • Chatbox Spammer
  • Really Too Kind

PostSubject: Re: Frost in the spring? (Spiritdragon & Stormkatz)   Frost in the spring? (Spiritdragon & Stormkatz) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 25, 2012 1:42 am

Temero could only nod slightly, a little full of disbelief that things had gone that well. Granted they were both pretty beat up, but it could have been worse. One of them could be dead. Or both of them. "Thankfully, it seems that way," the Wolf dragon said with another short nod of agreement, surveying the room as Dyavol was doing, crinkling his nose at the destruction around them. Well that was certainly fun, he thought, rolling his shoulders in an effort to loosen the tension from them.

"No problem at all," Temero replied, lowering himself onto his stomach so that Dyavol could climb up onto him for the short flight to the ground. He assumed the Butterfly could hold on for that long at least. If not he would be forced to catch the little dragon in midair, and he was not entirely certain if he could manage that. "Aha, that sounds nice. At least you can fit into little spaces like that." Temero could really only live in caves and trees, which did not work so well in some places.

"I will probably hang out around here for a few days, maybe chase that bird brained woman around a bit if she is still here," Temero said. "And then I will probably head back to ME. Of course I could get sidetracked again like I did here, so who knows? That is the fun of things." Especially considering they could destroy whatever they wanted to whenever they wanted to. "I am sure we will run into each other again at some point though. After all, we do have a common interest." Temero certainly hoped they would meet again actually. He could respect the little dragon, and that was a good thing. Perhaps they could not be close friends, but at least they could certainly be acquaintances. Yes, that sounded good.

(That's fine by me, I cannot think of anything else. :3 It was fun though.)
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Frost in the spring? (Spiritdragon & Stormkatz)   Frost in the spring? (Spiritdragon & Stormkatz) - Page 3 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Frost in the spring? (Spiritdragon & Stormkatz)
Page 3 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3