Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

{Spirit} And who do you think you are? {Peer}

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Spiritdragon
Spiritdragon

Things that I am :
  • ME Meercat
  • DDC Dingo
  • Dragon Hoarder
  • Gold Hoarder
  • Medium Poster
  • Chatbox Spammer
  • Really Too Kind

Female Loveliness : 2

{Spirit} And who do you think you are? {Peer} Empty
PostSubject: {Spirit} And who do you think you are? {Peer}   {Spirit} And who do you think you are? {Peer} Icon_minitimeThu Feb 16, 2012 1:35 am

Setting: A small town in the wilderness. There is a marketplace in the center, which is ringed by houses in almost perfect circles. Greenery is scattered in every nook and cranny, and there is even a small garden in the middle of the market where people generally go to spend their free time. It is a lovely spring day with a few clouds, but not many.

What the heck kind of hick place was this, Arcania thought, circling far above the spot of a town, riding the air streams to stay aloft as she examined the buildings. Had they taken a ruler to the buildings and streets so that they came out like that? After all, how else would it be possible for things to be in such neat circles? Well, checking it out seemed to be a better idea than anything else, especially since she was so bored.

And so the hawk tilted her wings, going into a steep dive that carried her at a rather alarming pace down towards the streets. Flaring her wings again, causing the muscles to shriek with pain and outrage, Arcania soared over the heads of the people in the garden, leaving a trail of grumbles and irritation behind her as she landed in a tree on the far side from where she had flown in.

Swiveling her head around, Arcania took in the place, wondering what the town's obsession with greenery was. It was practically everywhere. Ivy had been allowed to climb up the buildings and some of the trees, and there were window boxes full of flowers in every window. The idea of the sheer amount of water the town had to use to keep everything alive made Arcania snort quietly in derision. Honestly, sometimes humans were such idiots.

And so she jumped down from the tree, changing back into a human as she did so, straightening her plain green shirt and brown pants, not bothering to check her auburn hair, knowing it was still in its braid, as it had been when she had shifted that morning. Generally the woman did not care about her looks, for what was the point? It only attracted males if it did anything, and they were the one thing she could really do without. Pathetic the lot of them, unless they really had a plan to get ahead in life. And even then she had seen them derailed in an instant.

Of course, Arcania knew that females could be the same way, but she was not so worried about them. They generally left her alone, which was what the girl wanted in the first place. She knew how to tell the sort she was interested in apart from the rest. At the moment... nothing seemed that interesting to her. Though the temptation to call the town a loss was great, Arcania restrained herself, instead heading towards the market to see what sorts of things were offered there, and if she could pick up on any interesting information.

Back to top Go down
Jula
Jula

Things that I am :
  • "Nice Guy"
  • "Nice Girl"
  • Complete Newbie
  • Medium Poster
  • Short Poster
  • Chatbox Spammer
  • Really Too Kind

Female Loveliness : 0

PostSubject: Re: {Spirit} And who do you think you are? {Peer}   {Spirit} And who do you think you are? {Peer} Icon_minitimeThu Feb 16, 2012 1:58 am

This wasn't Zold's home town, though to say Zold had a home right now might be bending the truth. He was "In-between" places, with his last estate having been destroyed. But this man was far from desolate. He was already gaining notoriety in this town here, and he had plenty of other worldly possessions or to quickly obtain wealth.

One of which, he was doing right now.

Set up in the middle of town, right now, were a couple of lavish rugs, comfortable chairs, umbrellas to shield people from the sun, and an obvious ritual circle. This was right next to the well, too. It was a clever set up; people who wanted to get out of the sun were invited to relax under the umbrellas, to sit down and take a breather, and people who wanted water would hopefully be intrigued to stay a spell. Literally, for a spell.

The Ritual Circle was drawn with plain white chalk, and it, too, had a rug within it, and even a few throw pillows for optimum comfort. There were about a dozen or more people gathered, listening intently, hoping for attention from the individual running this show. For a generous donation, Zold was happy to help those around him.

Currently, one lady sat in the middle of the ritual circle. Zold wrapped a bandage around her arm, and drew similar symbols on the bandage that matched the symbols on the circle. With that done, he stepped out of the circle, and called upon nature itself to work its miracles. The runes in the ground lit up, and the woman's arm emitted a glow from under the bandage. The crowd "Ooo"d and "Awwe"d. The spell died down, and when the woman removed the bandage, it had apparently been healed of whatever had ailed it. The crowd applauded.

Zold pocketed some of the donation, but then casually let the others take from his donation hat. And then he addressed the crowd in earnest. Now that the crowd was already impressed by him and knew his intentions were pure, they were willing to listen with open hearts.

"This nation is sick," he said, his voice breaking through the pleasant conversations like a knife. "You have seen the beggars here on your own street, and who helps them? You, who work so hard and make a living, I know how painful it must be to see beggars grasping for your well-earned coin. Shouldn't they be made to work for their silver, as you do? Of course they should! But who gives them the opportunity? Nobody."

There was a murmur of agreement that rippled through the crowd.

"As long as I am here, I promise I will do what I can to help everybody," Zold said solemnly, as if he was already an elected official. For the record, he wasn't. "Those who need work, Please, seek no more comfort from your stone cold streets. I can give you the work you want, regardless of your illnesses. I will feed you and clothe you, and together, we can help make this nation better, starting with this town. We, as a community, can help build each other up, and rise above the political wars that plague us!"
Back to top Go down
Spiritdragon
Spiritdragon

Things that I am :
  • ME Meercat
  • DDC Dingo
  • Dragon Hoarder
  • Gold Hoarder
  • Medium Poster
  • Chatbox Spammer
  • Really Too Kind

PostSubject: Re: {Spirit} And who do you think you are? {Peer}   {Spirit} And who do you think you are? {Peer} Icon_minitimeSat Feb 18, 2012 11:54 pm

The first thing that attracted Arcania's attention was the raised voice of a man. It took her a moment to figure out where it was coming from, but she wasted no time in getting over there. The crowd was a bit of a pain, but she quickly made her way through it, working the people to her advantage. A cursory glance revealed what would probably be the best way to get them to move. A shove for some people, a delicate smile for others, all got her through to the front of the crowd where she stood with her hands on her hips, a faint smile flickering at the corners of her mouth.

"What are you if not a beggar?" she asked, spreading her hands out with an amused expression. "You speak against them but that is all you are. After all, what power do you have? Merely your voice. And that, unfortunately, is only worth so much." The woman fell silent, shaking her head slightly. "You perform these cheap tricks and then people pay you, and yet you look down upon those who beg. This is merely a hidden attempt at it. And here I thought that perhaps you might be worth my time." She was looking for someone to help her find her place in the world, somewhere where she could be an important part of society, where people would look up to her and she would rule with an iron fist. Unfortunately, it did not seem as though she had found that in this man. Now to take him down a few pegs.

"You want to make the nation better? Well so do I. But I hardly see how this is going to help," Arcania continued dryly, shaking her head slightly. I might as well have stayed with the pirates, she thought. At least there I was a little respected. Not much of course, but it had been something. This man was just a petty thief in her mind. After all, what was he actually doing besides taking money from idiotic people who did not know any better and thought he was actually a miracleworker? No, he was far from that. "Lifeblood dragons can heal better than that," the woman sneered, gesturing at the woman. "And I would not doubt you had already planned this out with her. No, you will have to show me a lot better than this to make me believe you," she finished, shaking her head slightly, returning her hands to her hips.

Back to top Go down
Jula
Jula

Things that I am :
  • "Nice Guy"
  • "Nice Girl"
  • Complete Newbie
  • Medium Poster
  • Short Poster
  • Chatbox Spammer
  • Really Too Kind

PostSubject: Re: {Spirit} And who do you think you are? {Peer}   {Spirit} And who do you think you are? {Peer} Icon_minitimeSun Feb 19, 2012 10:02 am

Zold raised his eyebrows at this newcomer, but he didn't seem to be put out by her appearance. Instead, he gave her a confused smile. "A beggar myself? Looking down at beggars? Quite the opposite." Totally unphased by her attacks. The woman he had healed seemed awfully confused and genuinely appreciative of the healing that had been done. Maybe Zold wasn't accounted for, but the townspeople seemed to vouch for the lady he healed. In any case, their attention was on the woman who had spoken up.

"I can understand your concern, miss, as I am new to this town, but you misrepresent my intentions without having seen me. I have offered services for a donation size of her choice, and services were rendered. Isn't that the way of all businesses? Services or product rendered for coin? But I don't need this coin." he gestured to the hat on the ground. "Because this woman was kind enough to offer me coin to heal her arm, this coin is being offered to the community - those who *cannot* feed and clothe themselves."

"As for my feelings on beggars, how can you even say such a thing? I am happy to give to those who cannot make their own coin, but not everybody feels as generous as I. What I truly wish to do is to make everybody happy by helping those who have not yet been able to help themselves, and in the process, make this town safer. Thank you for speaking up, Madam, I truly did not realize I had created such a rift in communication with my goal."

"What you say about my power is true, however. I am not so powerful a healer that I can do anything. The power that I use is power that I borrow from the earth. I was not born with an innate ability to heal. My power is limited, but I am happy to share it, and happy to share the profits I reap from it. There are no lifedragons here, as you may see, so if my power is the only healing power here, why should I not use it? If you wish for a different display, is there something in particular that you would like to see? It may take some time, but so long as it does not harm anybody here, I am happy to try out anything to assist. Though, I do ask that you don't insult me by requesting, as you yourself said, a cheap trick. I want to help, and that's my goal, NOT to impress with smoke and mirrors."

His words were smooth as glass and gentile. He was nothing if not a talker, though, but a convincing one. Although he didn't boost himself up in his speech, he held himself with enormous confidence. There was a fire and passion in his eyes. It was clear that he believed every word he said.

He sighed and bowed his head humbly, though, and changed the subject slightly. "But my meager works here alone isn't what I think can change this world. That is why I implore everybody to think about themselves.... and this community that they live in. While I can pour my life into helping, I am but one man. What I truly am asking for of you - All of you - is that you show kindness to your neighbors, and to the travelers. This world is so war-torn that we need no other in-fighting among ourselves in such a close-knit community. We should rise above all of the anger and rage of the outside world to show that we, as a people, are willing to help one another. It is hard, I know, to give time and effort into those around you when you need your time and effort for yourself, but aren't the benefits worth it? Isn't the prospect of knowing you can trust your neighbors just as important as trusting your government?"
Back to top Go down
Spiritdragon
Spiritdragon

Things that I am :
  • ME Meercat
  • DDC Dingo
  • Dragon Hoarder
  • Gold Hoarder
  • Medium Poster
  • Chatbox Spammer
  • Really Too Kind

PostSubject: Re: {Spirit} And who do you think you are? {Peer}   {Spirit} And who do you think you are? {Peer} Icon_minitimeThu Feb 23, 2012 2:37 am

Obviously this man was not bothered by her challenge, and it did not seem as though the crowd was either, but that was not Arcania's point. No, this was more of a test of this man, if he could find a way around all the holes she tried to poke into his story then perhaps he would make a fitting acquaintance. Perhaps.

"I am new here as well, and know no better good sir," Arcania replied, smiling faintly. "So perhaps you can understand my concern. These days, so many are not who they appear to be. So this money, you turn around and do what with it? Feed and clothe the needy?" She would not believe it unless she saw it occur, but then again that was how she was. There was always the chance that he was being completely honest and there was no need for her to press him in this way.

The woman nodded slightly in faint acceptance of his thanks, however sarcastic they might have been. "Of course, just wanted to make things clearer. So, I see now, you are one of those White Knight people. Nothing wrong with that if done properly." But they were certainly not the type of person she wanted to associate with. After all, no doubt someone like that would have a problem with some of the things she did. Granted Arcania was not a thief or anything like that, but the time she had spent as a pirate would certainly not look good.

Arcania held up a hand, forestalling any such demonstration. "I am sorry, I do not have time for your... miracles," she said, having been about to say tricks again but deciding against it, though the replacement word was said faintly sarcastically. "Though I do appreciate your kind offer. Obviously there are not any dragons here. No doubt because most of them are at the battlefield, taking care of the wounded, or hiding from those that would try to annihilate them." She had no quarrel with the dragons, though there had been a couple that had seemed to have one with her, though if she had understood them properly, that had gone for all humans.

"You have a wonderful theory and idea but I am not sure how far you will get with your current execution," Arcania continued, considering the man. She still had no clear decision made of him yet, but that could change at any moment. He already had some points for him, seeing as he had stood up to her and not backed down. "I am Arcania," she said, making the decision to at least tell him her name. It showed she thought something of him, though no one else knew it.

Back to top Go down
Jula
Jula

Things that I am :
  • "Nice Guy"
  • "Nice Girl"
  • Complete Newbie
  • Medium Poster
  • Short Poster
  • Chatbox Spammer
  • Really Too Kind

PostSubject: Re: {Spirit} And who do you think you are? {Peer}   {Spirit} And who do you think you are? {Peer} Icon_minitimeThu Feb 23, 2012 7:47 am

Ahahaha, he had won that short debate. But if Zold were to be honest with himself, he'd find that he was disappointed that that was all she had. He liked the protesting, because he knew he'd have an answer to everything about what he was doing. Indeed, based on his actions alone (including as he claimed, giving the money back to the needy) nobody could call him selfish. Coupled with his *words*, he seemed to have no ulterior motives. The more he proved his point, the stronger his standing could be with these people, respect-wise. But, he wasn't going to complain too much. Hopefully this girl would decide to settle down in this town too and work with him and everybody else to "Make this town better".

"Miss, by saying you knew no better, you sound apologetic. Please, don't be. Your words rang with passion; I know as well as anybody that you have every reason to doubt a stranger here. Nobody wants to be taken advantage of. I'm glad I could clear my motives up with you, and I hope people do question me. I want there to be complete transparency. Being challenged means that people care about one another enough to step up and ask. Yes; With the money I earn, I do clothe and feed the needy."

The crowd, satisfied and sated, began to disperse since this seemed to be turning into a more personal conversation. A couple of people who didn't have any work to get back to hung around to do some blatant eavesdropping (and quiet chit-chatting among themselves) feeling proud that they could be so close to such a swell guy, but it was obvious that the show was over.

Zold's smile never wavered. "I am Zold, madam. It is a pleasure to meet you."

He exhaled and looked around the town with deep sympathy and compassion. "Perhaps I am going about this very softly," he admitted. "All I can hope is that people will follow my example. After all, I'm not here for power. Not everybody agrees with me, and I respect that (though I certainly can't understand why...) but if I can make this town even a LITTLE better, I'd say that that would be doing something important."

He looked so honest with everything he said. There was a pain behind his eyes that reflected blah blah blah sincerity blah blah good intentions. It was difficult to discern that he had an inch of scheming in him at all, let alone the fact that he was definitely planning on inciting anger within the people, starting a riot, removing the current man in power, and then happily accepting all of the people's support to be he new Mayor of this city. He had it super-well planned. Naturally, he kept his mask up around Arcania since she was just a lost sheep like all the other sheeple here.

He returned his focus from the town back to Arcania. "You say you are new here as well? Perhaps I can assist you in another way, if you don't need any ritual magic. Do you have a place to stay yet?"
Back to top Go down
Spiritdragon
Spiritdragon

Things that I am :
  • ME Meercat
  • DDC Dingo
  • Dragon Hoarder
  • Gold Hoarder
  • Medium Poster
  • Chatbox Spammer
  • Really Too Kind

PostSubject: Re: {Spirit} And who do you think you are? {Peer}   {Spirit} And who do you think you are? {Peer} Icon_minitimeSat Feb 25, 2012 1:40 am

"Oh I am hardly apologetic," Arcania replied snidely, a sly smile flickering across her face. "No, I do not apologize for asking questions. Especially when they so desperately need to be asked. Not many people, especially in backwater places such as this, will bother to question what they see when people offer to help them, though that should be when they are the most suspicious. Besides, I like to test out people before I get to know them. Kind of see if their quest is worth my time, should they have one." She gave him no more information than that, refusing to tell him how she had deemed his. Let him ask if he were so inclined, though she still might not tell him even then.

A pleasure for now, perhaps, Arcania thought, for certainly the pleasure would fade quite rapidly if he got on her bad side. She nodded slightly, having to agree with his sentiment. "Not everyone wishes to be ruled over," the woman replied, for she was like that as well. "And besides that, some have plans of their own and would rather use them than someone else's." Much as she wanted to rule, Arcania was still trying to figure out how to go about doing that, and so was wandering around, trying to find suitable acquaintances so that when a plan eventually presented itself she would be prepared.

"Do not pander to me," she added finally, snorting softly. "Half of your kind simply feeds people lies, and I have yet to decide that you do not belong in that section. As for a place to stay, I would not turn it down, though I could always stay in some tree or sheltered eve." With her transformation powers, Arcania was quite flexible when it came to rooming arrangements, able to fit into small places and not really needing to stay indoors, though it was certainly preferable. "I have ways to survive in this world. I am far from some helpless female, and I would appreciate it if you would not think of me that way or you will learn the hard way." There was no threat in her voice, though her words were no less true because of it.

Back to top Go down
Jula
Jula

Things that I am :
  • "Nice Guy"
  • "Nice Girl"
  • Complete Newbie
  • Medium Poster
  • Short Poster
  • Chatbox Spammer
  • Really Too Kind

PostSubject: Re: {Spirit} And who do you think you are? {Peer}   {Spirit} And who do you think you are? {Peer} Icon_minitimeSat Feb 25, 2012 9:56 am

Zold looked SHOCKED that she would even imply such a thing! "Pandering! My dear woman, I would never! Truly, for you to immediately jump to that conclusion is fair though." He gave another sad shake of his head. "This world forces everybody to be on their guard all the time. But truth be told, I have great respect for those who choose to travel than to stay in one place, so I have great respect for you. It must be difficult, without a home to go to... even if your trees are your home... although, perhaps you'll forgive me for attempting to make the comparison. Humans enjoy permanency. Less of us have been able to obtain it, though, for various reasons."

He began to lead her through the town, leading her towards a rather humble little home. He opened the door for her and invited her in.

The place was friendly and warm, and only very sparsely decorated. The home seemed only to have two or three rooms, but the interesting thing was that the few decorations that WERE present were clearly very expensive. Before she could ask about them, though, he sighed sadly and gave a gentle smile. "I have kept some reminders from my previous home. I was much wealthier then than I am now... but I will admit, I am happier now being poorer." If sparkles could kill, this entire town would have been decimated by him by now.

Another thing to note about this house: It looked like she wasn't the only guest. There was a man already inside the house, sitting at a desk that was covered in books. He didn't look up as they entered. Since his back was to them, the only thing that could really be told about him was that he was lean and a bit lanky, and he had brown hair back in a pony-tail. He was also an adult.

"As for your opinions on ruling..." he said, lowering his voice a bit. "Some people could consider it treason. I am not such a person though. Though I do not share your opinion, I'd be interested to hear why you feel the way that you do. Could you share your thoughts with me? And please, do not fear my judgement; I am a very open minded man."
Back to top Go down
Spiritdragon
Spiritdragon

Things that I am :
  • ME Meercat
  • DDC Dingo
  • Dragon Hoarder
  • Gold Hoarder
  • Medium Poster
  • Chatbox Spammer
  • Really Too Kind

PostSubject: Re: {Spirit} And who do you think you are? {Peer}   {Spirit} And who do you think you are? {Peer} Icon_minitimeSat Mar 03, 2012 12:55 am

Oh come on, Arcania thought irritably, quit agreeing with everything I say and fight back. The ploy might work for some people but she knew better than that and wanted him to actually show some backbone instead of pretending to go along with all of her words and acting as though he deserved her harshness. Perhaps I misjudged him, the woman thought sadly. For just a moment there had been a flicker of hope that this was a fellow dreamer. Granted there could still be a chance, but she was not that hopeful.

At any rate, she ignored his supposed respect for her, for in her mind such a thing had to be earned, and the simple fact that she traveled was not enough to do that. Though Arcania knew everyone had different opinions and ideas, so logically it could be enough for him, she still did not quite trust him. This man talked too smoothly for her liking. However the woman followed him silently, looking around the town obscurely as they walked though it.

His house was not too obvious, which she approved of, though to her it seemed an attempt to enforce the idea that he was only trying to help. Of course he was once wealthy, Arcania thought dryly, a pleased smile easily making its way to her lips though it was completely fake. But, aha, here was another person, and his words had a very special meaning to her. "What is this I hear of ruling?" Arcania asked interestedly, suddenly finding her interest in the man again. "I too would like to hear what you have to say."

The statement went for both of them really, for either could be useful to her, if not both. The more followers she had the better, unless of course she finally found someone that was worthy of her following. That had not happened yet of course, but Arcania still held out hope that perhaps she would not have to go this alone.

Back to top Go down
Jula
Jula

Things that I am :
  • "Nice Guy"
  • "Nice Girl"
  • Complete Newbie
  • Medium Poster
  • Short Poster
  • Chatbox Spammer
  • Really Too Kind

PostSubject: Re: {Spirit} And who do you think you are? {Peer}   {Spirit} And who do you think you are? {Peer} Icon_minitimeMon Mar 12, 2012 5:17 pm

For the First Time, Zold seemed to be seriously put off by her question. He actually *scowled*, which seemed otherwise out of character for him. It was just a flash of something angry about him, but then it went back to being cool, collected, and otherwise fake.

"I understand you're hungry for knowledge and other people's opinions." Nevermind that he had asked HER and she wasn't answering, but he certainly wasn't going to reveal his true intentions to this upstart. He was slowly starting to figure out that she wasn't just any ol' susceptible lackey, and he was quickly tiring of her trying to shut him down because he wasn't really as patient as he had so far let on. His smile gradually returned, looking a bit forced at first, and then relaxing into something more natural. "I would not imply, though, that I necessarily disagree with the ruling class. I only feel as though the community should be more encouraged to band together. We will never reach a paragon of unity if we don't stop depending on others to help instead of taking a stand ourselves," He said. "That is why I am attempting to set an example." He repeated this hoping that she would tire of asking him questions with hopes of getting him to trip up. Now that they were in his private quarters, he didn't have to worry so much about tripping up publicly. "But this is a safe haven for those with a different opinion. You have yet to tell me yours," He pressed.
Back to top Go down
Spiritdragon
Spiritdragon

Things that I am :
  • ME Meercat
  • DDC Dingo
  • Dragon Hoarder
  • Gold Hoarder
  • Medium Poster
  • Chatbox Spammer
  • Really Too Kind

PostSubject: Re: {Spirit} And who do you think you are? {Peer}   {Spirit} And who do you think you are? {Peer} Icon_minitimeFri Mar 23, 2012 1:58 am

Why it seems as though I struck a nerve there, Arcania thought, hiding a faint smirk. Well now this did just get interesting. Obviously you are not all that you would like to seem.

"Why you understand me quite well in the little time we have known each other," Arcania commented dryly, sparing the man who had spoken when they entered a slight glance. "Hardly good sir. I care little of knowledge unless it can help me in some way, and unless the opinion of the people is about me and is good, I do not care at all." Arcania was not going to let this man scare her, if he even could. Honestly, even if he were to attack her she would not scream in fright or show any signs of being nervous.

"I do not care about the ruling class myself, though I do not think they are doing all that wonderful of a job considering the war that is going on. And the dragon uprising. Perhaps a new government would be good for us, though I do not care as long as I have a following of my own," Arcania replied, wondering if that would suffice as an opinion. It probably would not but for now she was going to leave it at that. Until he decided to press further of course.

"Safe havens sound nice on paper but they do not always work that way," she mused, a little distantly, lost in her thoughts for a moment. "But I certainly hope it works for you if this little venture of yours succeeds. Perhaps we could work together at some point." It was almost a question but not quite, and Arcania gave no further clues as to which it might be.

Back to top Go down
Jula
Jula

Things that I am :
  • "Nice Guy"
  • "Nice Girl"
  • Complete Newbie
  • Medium Poster
  • Short Poster
  • Chatbox Spammer
  • Really Too Kind

PostSubject: Re: {Spirit} And who do you think you are? {Peer}   {Spirit} And who do you think you are? {Peer} Icon_minitimeFri Mar 23, 2012 4:17 pm

Zold leaned against a table and crossed his arms, nodding intently at her opinion. Yes, yes, all very good. He kept his smile about him in spite of his waning patience, happy to know that she was willing to talk to him. It made her all the more easy to read.

So here she was, happily expressing her selfish desires, happily speaking in treasonous tones, happily giving him so much to work with. "A new government?" He asked, sounding all kinds of shocked as if he hadn't been thinking it himself. "Do you really think so? Perhaps a different set of rules and laws, I think..." he countered politely, "But maybe not an entirely new government. The way you speak, though..." He furrowed his brows. "I agree in the sharing of opinions, but this just 'wanting a following of your own''? That can lead to a dangerous line of thinking, miss. That's how Tyrants are made. Not that I'm one to judge... after all, I did ask for your opinion. Though, I imagine it wouldn't be difficult to start a guild, and have a following of your own without overthrowing any current ruling leadership."

He sighed lightly and looked distantly out the window. "Safe havens will only work if people work together to help it succeed," he said. "That's why I really wish the people here would work together more. Whether or not the government stays the same, people, now, need a sense of security more than anything else. That is why I must keep trying to bring them together, so we can make that happen here."
Back to top Go down
Spiritdragon
Spiritdragon

Things that I am :
  • ME Meercat
  • DDC Dingo
  • Dragon Hoarder
  • Gold Hoarder
  • Medium Poster
  • Chatbox Spammer
  • Really Too Kind

PostSubject: Re: {Spirit} And who do you think you are? {Peer}   {Spirit} And who do you think you are? {Peer} Icon_minitimeSat Mar 31, 2012 4:37 pm

Arcania smiled faintly, though she did not really feel it. This man was quite interesting. It seemed to her that he was hiding something, though just what it was she could not tell for certain.

She scoffed slightly at his tone of surprised. Honestly he was starting to get on her nerves. Drop the facade and just talk to me, she thought irritably, half tempted to just get up and walk out of the building. Let him carry on about his veiled hopes for peace all by himself. "We need something. The dragons are rebelling, men are killing each other, obviously something is not right. Perhaps a dictatorship is what we need. Force everyone to get along. Yes I am sure there is a way to do it though it would create a lot of chaos at first." Rule with an iron fist and then if people can band together enough to overthrow it then they deserve to, she thought. It sounded right. Let the strongest rule.

"A guild you say? Yes that does sound like a good idea. Of course it is easier said than done unfortunately," she replied, more than a little intrigued by the thought. It sounded quite nice actually. "Yes that would be nice," she repeated softly, more to herself than him, though Arcania had no problems with being overheard.

"Why of course, but people are slow to act unless there is a threat against them. That is really what is needed here. Some big threat to make everyone work together. Then once it is gone not much is necessary to keep things in order," Arcania commented. "Though I believe that way of thinking would destroy your hopes for peace for a little while. Unless, of course, you secretly control the threat," she added slyly with a slight shrug, trying to come off as though she were merely musing.

Back to top Go down
Jula
Jula

Things that I am :
  • "Nice Guy"
  • "Nice Girl"
  • Complete Newbie
  • Medium Poster
  • Short Poster
  • Chatbox Spammer
  • Really Too Kind

PostSubject: Re: {Spirit} And who do you think you are? {Peer}   {Spirit} And who do you think you are? {Peer} Icon_minitimeWed May 02, 2012 10:42 pm

Zold again looked rather shocked at her implications. "Madam, but controlling a threat just to force change on people would be simply evil. But on the other hand..." he hummed and hawed with the idea for a moment, before apparently rejecting it. "Surely people have a deeper heart and soul than that. Surely, people can truly come to each other's aid when the time is needed without having to destroy their way of life first. I believe in the goodness of people," He said, singing to the tune of idealism, happy to keep his harmless mask up.

He liked this girl, though. As much as she was a dummy who opened her mouth far too much, she had basically been saying at him what he had intended all along. She was just too... open. Too easy to read. It was a dangerous game that she played.

"But YOU have a good heart, certainly... YOU want to see people change for the better, don't you?" He asked. "We can show that, by you and I working together, perhaps we can help the people here and set an example. Strangers as we may be, we can still do so much good with our forces combined, don't you think?"

He wasn't sure what kind of government ideals she had in mind quite yet, but she was clearly a destructive force, and by the way she talked, it seemed she needed some direction. Perhaps he could harness that and get her to work for HIM. Yessss.
Back to top Go down
Spiritdragon
Spiritdragon

Things that I am :
  • ME Meercat
  • DDC Dingo
  • Dragon Hoarder
  • Gold Hoarder
  • Medium Poster
  • Chatbox Spammer
  • Really Too Kind

PostSubject: Re: {Spirit} And who do you think you are? {Peer}   {Spirit} And who do you think you are? {Peer} Icon_minitimeSun May 06, 2012 1:43 am

The woman raised an eyebrow at him, thinking that perhaps he did not object to the idea as much as he seemed to. In fact, she did not think he was as he appeared at all. For now though, she would let him continue his charade. It amused her. "If you say so," she murmured, looking around the room slowly. "Well I am glad someone does, because I certainly do not," Arcania replied, giving the man a sly look. From what she had seen of people, they needed to be led around like little children to get anything accomplished. This man had to see that, unless he was just as deluded as everyone else.

Her eyes narrowed suspiciously as he asked about her heart and goals, quite suspicious of him. He plays games just as much as I do, and as well, she realized. That was fine, but if he thought he could play her they would have a problem. "Certainly I want to see them changed," she agreed, though not to the entire statement. "Better" was a word that could be taken many different ways. "I suppose so. It seems that it would be beneficial," Arcania said slowly, studying the man.

"However I do have one requirement," she added suddenly. "You must stop playing games with me. And I expect that you will share your plans with me, as I will share mine with yours. If that is agreeable, I see no problem with joining forces with you." Of course, if she found out he had broken his promise at any time... well the results would hardly be pretty to say the least.

Back to top Go down
Jula
Jula

Things that I am :
  • "Nice Guy"
  • "Nice Girl"
  • Complete Newbie
  • Medium Poster
  • Short Poster
  • Chatbox Spammer
  • Really Too Kind

PostSubject: Re: {Spirit} And who do you think you are? {Peer}   {Spirit} And who do you think you are? {Peer} Icon_minitimeFri May 11, 2012 4:09 am

"Playing Games?" He asked. "Me? Playing games!" He let out a wicked chortle at the thought of it, but the way he asked it, everything about it dripped with mockery.

However, as suddenly as his laughing had started, his expression went completely flat, and he straightened himself. His expression just... became nothing at all. THIS was his serious-face. It was obvious, now. It seemed to be the first expression that he had that was intentionally unmasked.

"No," he stated simply. "Don't misunderstand me, miss. I mean every word that I say. I will not speak a single word that will cause people to doubt my intentions. This town - this WORLD needs a leader that they can trust, and therefore, I must be the perfect role-model for a perfect people who I plan on caring for very intimately." It didn't sound like an apology, exactly, just... a reason. The reason for the entire facade. He was implying that she was on the right track with her conclusions. "I am a man of my word, miss, and I promise you, not a word I will say that I will not be able to account for later. I have to do this perfectly because I have to be perfect, you see." His smile came back. It wasn't a mask this time, though. It was earnest. It was a bored sort of grin. "And perfection, for me, comes so easily. You can learn my intentions by just watching and listening. Be sharp. We're on the same page, you and I, but I'll only be as straightforward as I have been up to this point. If your intellect can't keep up, or if your ego proceeds your means, then you're invited to excuse yourself. However, if you, like me, want to see a genuinely better world, where people don't live in fear... then please consider joining my crusade."
Back to top Go down
Spiritdragon
Spiritdragon

Things that I am :
  • ME Meercat
  • DDC Dingo
  • Dragon Hoarder
  • Gold Hoarder
  • Medium Poster
  • Chatbox Spammer
  • Really Too Kind

PostSubject: Re: {Spirit} And who do you think you are? {Peer}   {Spirit} And who do you think you are? {Peer} Icon_minitimeFri May 18, 2012 6:46 pm

Arcania could not quite keep a faint smile from flickering at the corners of her mouth, but she did manage to restrain it from spreading across her face completely. At least she was amusing. Perhaps that was better than being thought a threat, though she did not know for sure. Now there was something to consider when she had free time again. Perhaps on a long flight to another town, whenever Arcania decided to leave. It looked like things were going well here for the time being.

"Hmm," she mumbled softly, examining the man for a moment. Arcania did believe that he was telling her the truth, but it was up to her whether or not she truly decided to believe him. "All right, I trust that you will not mislead me," the woman agreed finally. A faintly wicked smile crossed her lips as he claimed to be perfect. "Oh, aren't we all, when asked directly?" she murmured. "Perfection is in the eyes of the beholder you know. As for what I see... well, suffice it to say that I believe we can work together, for the time being. I quite like a challenge, so do not worry that my intelligence cannot keep up. I believe you would learn quite quickly of your mistake should you underestimate me," Arcania said, only the faintest of warnings in her words. Truthfully, the woman expected respect, and she would not demand it simply because if it was not given, there had to be a very good reason for it. If the reason was simply ego, then there would be a price to pay for it. If, however, it was because the other person was in a higher position than she was, then so be it. Let them speak to her as they saw fit. She would do nothing in public to correct that. Whether or not she took steps to correct the matter on the other hand...

"However I have a feeling we will not have that problem," she said, picking up her topic again after a slight pause. "A better world, if such a thing is possible, is a wonderful but lofty goal. You must have some sort of plans besides going from town to town and trying to get a following." It was almost a question, but not quite. "You speak of needing change, and for that to truly happen you must change the ruling class. They are in charge of what happens in this place after all. So do you have plans for doing that?" Arcania tended to look towards the big picture, and figure out what steps needed to be taken now to get there, instead of those people who only looked at the now, and had no idea where they were going with their goals.

Back to top Go down
Jula
Jula

Things that I am :
  • "Nice Guy"
  • "Nice Girl"
  • Complete Newbie
  • Medium Poster
  • Short Poster
  • Chatbox Spammer
  • Really Too Kind

PostSubject: Re: {Spirit} And who do you think you are? {Peer}   {Spirit} And who do you think you are? {Peer} Icon_minitimeFri May 18, 2012 8:32 pm

Zold smiled at her, and took a seat, letting out a sigh of relaxation once he knew that they were speaking levelly, and he began to speak as plainly as he could. "My focus needs to be on this town," he explained. "This is my home, for now. To try to make the community better, I need to focus on the people in MY community first, before I try to change the world. I'll have to start small, you see. If we try to change the world too quickly, people will grow suspicious if they don't have good cause to listen to me. I'll meet too much resistance. Oh, of course I know that not everybody will feel the same way I do at first when I start to encourage other cities to follow suit, but having evidence that there IS a chance for change - namely, this town - then that reluctance will be lessened. Furthermore, if the townspeople in this town are genuinely happy with the results, then they will not waver from what I teach them, and will even fight for their passionate beliefs. You see, then, it's essential that I try not to change everybody too quickly. The world hates change, even if it's change for the better."

He practically beamed at her as she mentioned being underestimated. "I ask, too, that you do not think little of me. I never started from grand means, m'dear, I am well aware of what the oft-overlooked people can do. Revolutions arrise from underestimated people. I don't make it my business to show disrespect. I ask, too, that you trust me in turn."

"I'm glad we understand each other now. Would you like some tea, Madam?"
Back to top Go down
Spiritdragon
Spiritdragon

Things that I am :
  • ME Meercat
  • DDC Dingo
  • Dragon Hoarder
  • Gold Hoarder
  • Medium Poster
  • Chatbox Spammer
  • Really Too Kind

PostSubject: Re: {Spirit} And who do you think you are? {Peer}   {Spirit} And who do you think you are? {Peer} Icon_minitimeThu May 24, 2012 9:52 pm

Arcania returned the smile pleasantly, not relaxing exactly but certainly feeling better now that she knew the man was being mostly open with her. Hiding behind deceit and fancy words was fun to do with regular people, but with someone she planned to be working with... that tended to get annoying. Especially since she had already accepted this man as an equal to her, simply for being able to play along with her as he had. He certainly had stuck to his nonsense story for long enough. Even if she had gotten suspicious towards the end it had been an excellent game nonetheless.

"Of course, of course," she agreed, leaning back in her chair a little absently as she considered his words, folding her arms across her chest. "Naturally that does make sense, at least you have given it some thought. I know too many people that simply jump into things blindly. It does end horribly. I can see how that would help you, though I think it would not be wise to let it get around that this is actually your town to start with. Perhaps it might make people think you had influenced it just by being a member for so long. It is not quite as impressive to some as simply taking over some random town." Then again, perhaps people did not care about that sort of thing. She really did not know to be honest. It was not something she had ever bothered to ask anyone. "Of course I am getting ahead of myself again. We have to worry about this town first." Arcania glanced out the window at the people passing by, "Yes change is something most people simply are not comfortable with. The challenge is to make it seem as though they chose it themselves or that things have not really changed at all until they look back and realize things have." That tended to happen anyway, so why not shape it to their will?

"Oh of course," she added, returning her gaze to him. "You play the game just as well as I do, and I can greatly respect that. In fact, it is one of the few things I really can respect. You shall have no trouble with me on that front." Arcania really did intend to help him in any way possible, at least until he slipped up and no longer proved himself useful to her, which she did not think all that likely to happen. "And yes I would like some tea, thank you very much," she agreed, favoring him with a gentle smile. "So, how may I be of use to you?"

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: {Spirit} And who do you think you are? {Peer}   {Spirit} And who do you think you are? {Peer} Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

{Spirit} And who do you think you are? {Peer}
Page 1 of 1