Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Portable things

Go down 
AuthorMessage

Portable things Empty
PostSubject: Portable things   Portable things Icon_minitimeSun Feb 19, 2012 5:45 pm

Her life up to this point had been satisfying. Bordered on all sides by the madness that was the war and the invasion and the Maledictus business though it was, life had been good to her. If not good, then at least fair. The times were terrible for many now, but Aiolos had escaped the worst of it. Personally, she attributed that to her refusal to meddle in the business of humans, but her (relatively) good fortune probably came from her wariness of certain dragons as well. Some of those dragons dwarfed her in size, and they could probably swallow her up in one bite if they felt inclined to.

Discretionary habits. Kept her alive all this time, hadn't they? So what if anyone called it cowardice? Aiolos was still alive in these turbulent times, wasn't she? Meant she had beat countless others out already, then. The way she looked at it, she was way ahead in the race of life.

By the river, Aiolos stretched her tiny body (tiny in terms of dragon measurements, of course; she could still sit on any human and squash him into flatbread) until she had worked out every kink and knot in her muscles; she had been doing a lot of flying (escaping) recently and hadn't had much time to rest. This place was suited to her taste. Quiet, calm. Peaceful. The world outside this little glade in the forest didn't matter here.

Aiolos could almost imagine, as she lounged by the barely-a-river running through the greenery, that the world outside didn't exist at all.
Back to top Go down
nen
nen

Things that I am :
  • ME Meercat
  • SR Salamander
  • Alarmingly Excellent
  • Gold Hoarder
  • Bi-Winning
  • Medium Poster
  • Chatbox Spammer
  • Thrall of Zay
  • Upstart of Aero
  • Rebel of Rogue

Male Loveliness : 8

Portable things Empty
PostSubject: Re: Portable things   Portable things Icon_minitimeMon Feb 20, 2012 2:07 am

Gerris was wheeling around in the sky, enjoying the thermals and working off some frustration. He was not one for irrationality, and it seemed he'd join the 'we think with our hearts' guild instead of the 'let's do this the smart way' brigade. Now he wasn't knocking the whole 'humans are beneath us' thing, he just didn't agree with certain principles that the two leaders purported. That being said, if he had to stew in their presence, he'd either be crushed flat, or they'd be gassed. One of the two or both.

There were rumors that Fume's gassed out upon death. He sure hoped that was true.

He had been following the blue ribbon that was the river, clearly amused that it's path had taken it into the greenery of a forest. He had flown on, trying to find it once more and spotting the blue ribbon amongst all the green, decided to stop by it for a drink. As he circled lower and lower, he became aware of a little dragon by the river. He considered just flying further downriver, but he was curious. She looked to be a Lifeblood dragon. He'd always wanted to meet and talk to one. Still, if she didn't feel like talking, he wouldn't push the issue. He'd just drink and fly away.

He landed, a breeze and dust accompanying his appearance. He folded his wings against his back and padded to the water's edge, dipping his head and drinking his fill. When he was done, he looked over at her. "Good afternoon".
Back to top Go down

Portable things Empty
PostSubject: Re: Portable things   Portable things Icon_minitimeMon Feb 20, 2012 2:51 am

Aiolos barely reacted when the Fume dragon alighted upon the earth navigated his way to the river - all right, she'd started a bit, her wing joints twitching for an instant, but she had settled back down after successfully resisting the urge to take flight. The other dragon, though larger than her, hadn't shown any sign that he meant any harm, and he wasn't large enough to cause any more undue alarm in her. A club tail? That would have been a different story. But this one - it looked like a Fume dragon, with its coloring and size. That would be just about right.

On the other hand, it was a Fume dragon. Aiolos had no intentions of being suffocated in poisonous fumes and left to stretch herself out upon the grassy earth and die.

She wasn't entirely certain whether she ought to discreetly take flight, but Aiolos wasn't rude enough to make it that evident she was displeased by the other dragon's company. Besides, she wasn't all that displeased - just wary. Any dragon had a right to be wary.

But he did nothing to cause her any further alarm, merely quenching his thirst at the riverside, as she had done only moments before. She wouldn't begrudge him that, even if she could. It was a free island, after all. Maybe not for long, but for now.

And then he spoke - civilly. She was pleased, and then surprised at herself. Ah well. Company was good. "Better if it stays so," she hummed from between her forelimbs. "Today's a more peaceful day than most other days," she remarked as she raised her head to get a better look at the other dragon. "Well, here, at least."

Because the Guardian Dragons knew that there was war and turmoil elsewhere. Thank the heavens she hadn't been caught up in the madness yet.
Back to top Go down
nen
nen

Things that I am :
  • ME Meercat
  • SR Salamander
  • Alarmingly Excellent
  • Gold Hoarder
  • Bi-Winning
  • Medium Poster
  • Chatbox Spammer
  • Thrall of Zay
  • Upstart of Aero
  • Rebel of Rogue

Portable things Empty
PostSubject: Re: Portable things   Portable things Icon_minitimeSun Feb 26, 2012 8:07 pm

He chuckled. "It remains that way if you will it" he said and settled down on the bank. This one was a lifeblood, and not as big as one should be. Gerris, on the other hand, was a full grown male of his kind, and quite big, however not so big as those freakish twin clubtails, Anae and Vy. More confusing names he did not know and was glad they went by nicknames. They'd probably named themselves, the crazy females. He could see them going for something grandiose and important sounding. That or their mother had exceptionally bad taste.

Gerris had been named by Lyvas Hunt, and he couldn't ask for a better name. It was simple, to the point and he liked the way it sounded. Then again, Gerris liked the sound of his own voice moreso than any other sound.

"I am Gerris, and you?".

He could be civil for now, find out information about her, possibly recruit her to the 'cause'. In essence, he needed to bring in more dragons that thought like he did. The crazy dragon sisters would have the extermination of a race so easily enslaved and turn them all back into the wild to revel in their physical abilities whilst letting culture go to rot.
Back to top Go down

Portable things Empty
PostSubject: Re: Portable things   Portable things Icon_minitimeSat Mar 03, 2012 2:10 pm

Aiolos didn't relax one bit - well, she wasn't too strung up in the first place, just appropriately wary for the occasion - when Gerris assured her that he meant no violence, in a roundabout way. Indeed, he had said that the peace of the moment depended entirely on her own will, which she found unlikely, considering the circumstances - he was bigger than she was, much bigger, and although she had her more arcane abilities to fall back on, size and ferocity dictated how fights between dragons ended. She had neither, plainly speaking.

Then again, she had no reason to worry about any such fight, if this Fume dragon's words were to be believed. And she had no especial reason to doubt him, as he had already settled down calmly and was keeping his claws and teeth to himself. She hadn't provoked him, and he hadn't provoked her - if they continued at this rate, she had nothing to worry about at all.

She told herself these things, trying to forget her last run-in with a Fume dragon on the forest. Hadn't been pretty. It had been a clumsy one, though, and young. Aiolos had had the agility of some years and the navigability of the terrain on her side; she'd left him far behind.

She could always just retreat into the forest and vegetation here, too, if she found it necessary, but oddly, she was more unworried about the situation than she ought to be. Probably because this Fume dragon's first impression on her had been so favorable.

"Aiolos," she said, flicking her tail idly from side to side and rustling the grass. "What brings you here?"

She was prying into his business, really, but she meant no harm in it. He might bear news of outside happenings; maybe he had even come here to escape something? In which case, she ought to linger here a bit longer to avoid any such fiasco. Much longer.
Back to top Go down
nen
nen

Things that I am :
  • ME Meercat
  • SR Salamander
  • Alarmingly Excellent
  • Gold Hoarder
  • Bi-Winning
  • Medium Poster
  • Chatbox Spammer
  • Thrall of Zay
  • Upstart of Aero
  • Rebel of Rogue

Portable things Empty
PostSubject: Re: Portable things   Portable things Icon_minitimeSun Mar 04, 2012 6:34 pm

"A lovely name, to be sure" he said and turned his head so that he could see her without having to sit up. He had been flying a while and only now felt the soreness in his shoulders and back, a familiar and welcome ache. "I've just been flying to avoid stress. I work under very rigid leaders and, to be honest, I don't share one of their core beliefs" he said. He didn't mind dishing out information. Sometimes he lied, sometimes he told the truth, but never was he tied down by any net. He was careful to keep holes big enough to fly through, something that others were not so keen on doing.

"And you, are you a 'wild' dragon?" he asked, chuckling. "I say that with fondness, I assure you".

He was good at pretending to be a sociable dragon.
Back to top Go down

Portable things Empty
PostSubject: Re: Portable things   Portable things Icon_minitimeSun Mar 04, 2012 7:00 pm

Aiolos wasn't especially proud of her name - it was a name, and a name was all it was - and she wasn't vain, either, though she hadn't any good reason to be so anyway. Even so, when Gerris complimented her, commented that her name was lovely - she felt a niggling sense of satisfaction in her gut. Her tail slid around her body and forward, and it landed twixt her slender claws. She picked at it lightly, as if preening, though the movement had been unconsciously made.

She wasn't vain, no, but she did take pleasure in receiving compliments. It wasn't often that she received them, after all, when she was barely ever in the company of others to begin with. They were novel things to her, and pleasant to hear.

It was when he explained his predicament that she suddenly stilled, wary all over again and far from pleased, now a bit anxious but willing to hide it for now. Rigid leaders? The only dragons who worked for leaders, those unlike herself, were those who were working for some strange cause that she couldn't relate to - like those with the Maledictus crew or whatnot. Rigid leaders, yes.

She refrained from commenting on such a thing, though curious (but only slightly so), and chose to continue the lightheartedness of the conversation instead. "Wild? You could say that. 'Free' is a better description, I'd say, or 'untethered.' It's an easier life than most. Certainly easier than yours, I suppose, if your 'rigid leaders' are working you to your bones."
Back to top Go down
nen
nen

Things that I am :
  • ME Meercat
  • SR Salamander
  • Alarmingly Excellent
  • Gold Hoarder
  • Bi-Winning
  • Medium Poster
  • Chatbox Spammer
  • Thrall of Zay
  • Upstart of Aero
  • Rebel of Rogue

Portable things Empty
PostSubject: Re: Portable things   Portable things Icon_minitimeSun Apr 01, 2012 10:42 pm

"Yes well what can I say. Making anything as a dragon has much to do with what you can do and revolves around the fact that you must rely on men to do anything requiring finesse" he said. Decided to make her guess at what he did. Play the game and see what she came up with. "But I see very well that your life seems to be stress free, if your beauteous state is anything to go by" he said. "Why just the other day I came across a female of my own species and she was covered all in drying scales... I wondered if she had scale-rot or something, and I believed that my life amongst humans was much the better choice than living 'free'" he said, adjusting the necklace round his neck, the skull clattering dully on his scales. "Now I see that there are lovelier females in the wild".

He wondered if he could charm her for a while. Gerris was a dragon, not so very old, and still very good looking if his the opinions of city females was anything to go by. He hadn't had any formal mates, but he had mated plenty. Though, not so much as of late, what with the clubtail sisters and their pressing agenda, and hesitance to let any of them out on their own. That and there weren't very many choice females to lie with in the faction, and if he did, he'd probably have to remain with them. The thought of commitment to a Maledictus Eice nut made him cringe.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Portable things Empty
PostSubject: Re: Portable things   Portable things Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Portable things
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Non-Canon RolePlay :: Roleplaying Archives-
Jump to: