Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Grande Tourney of Kaionar :: Non-Dragons

Go down 
+6
Artemis
nen
Stormkatz
Rogue
Echo
Aero
10 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
AuthorMessage
nen
nen

Things that I am :
  • ME Meercat
  • SR Salamander
  • Alarmingly Excellent
  • Gold Hoarder
  • Bi-Winning
  • Medium Poster
  • Chatbox Spammer
  • Thrall of Zay
  • Upstart of Aero
  • Rebel of Rogue

Male Loveliness : 8

Grande Tourney of Kaionar :: Non-Dragons - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Grande Tourney of Kaionar :: Non-Dragons   Grande Tourney of Kaionar :: Non-Dragons - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun May 06, 2012 3:19 pm

She sidestepped his thrust but not before it scored across her skin, opening up a shallow wound that turned a small area of her furs red. She didn't pay attention to the wound, no matter how much it stung. Her blood was warm, and flowed like it ought to. She wasn't just standing still. She'd sidestepped, dropped into a crouch and sprung, striking at his hands. The last thing she wanted him to be able to do was hold a sword. A man without his hands was as useless as a suckling babe. As an afterthought, she decided that going for his feet would have been useful, had she been using her bow. She cursed her lack of thought concerning the bow. She could have been a lot more lethal with it had she just calmly thought.

It was the tournament. She was not used to being pit against someone in a deathmatch. There was always a way out for her, she could always turn tail and run. Now... well she was forced to fight.
Back to top Go down
Echo
Experienced Roleplayer
Echo

Things that I am :
  • Dragon Hoarder
  • Short Poster
  • Platypus
  • Chatbox Spammer
  • Rebel of Rogue

Male Loveliness : 14

PostSubject: Re: Grande Tourney of Kaionar :: Non-Dragons   Grande Tourney of Kaionar :: Non-Dragons - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu May 10, 2012 3:42 am

Was this man just intent on not making the first move? How annoying. Looks like he would have to make the first move himself, and expose himself to whatever this man had hidden in his sleeve. His knuckles tightening on the handle of his scythe, Veces dug his heels into the snow, crouching low, then sprung, augmenting physical ability with magical ability, thus reaching him in a flash. Setting one foot down on the floor, Veces used the force he gained during his rush to pull back his scythe, then slash it forward with little grandeur.

More than just a first strike, this would also be a good judge of his opponent's style and ability. The attack is relatively easy to dodge, compared to his usual attacks, so he would have a few choices: He could, should he have the ability, jump out of the way, block, or counter. Should he avoid, Veces would know that he relied more on speed, and he would have to be sure to stay within close range. If he blocked, it meant the man could hold his own in close combat, which would mean that the White Reaper should try to keep a little more distance. And if the man countered, well... He could go all out, in that case.
Back to top Go down
Nyx
Nyx

Things that I am :
  • ME Meercat
  • SR Salamander
  • "Nice Girl"
  • Gold Hoarder
  • Short Poster

Female Loveliness : 1

PostSubject: Re: Grande Tourney of Kaionar :: Non-Dragons   Grande Tourney of Kaionar :: Non-Dragons - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed May 16, 2012 12:46 am

Mas used his sword to block and hold back the scythe. With a smile he pulls back his other hand while still holding the sword, but not in a manner to stab but to punch his opponent in the face. He wanted to use whatever chance he could get to get his shots in. He didn’t think he would get any or very few chances in the near future.

The wind still did not bother him, as the thrill of the fight began to warm his blood. Mas knew he would have to control himself; he didn’t want to play his cards all at once. He began to push back with his sword to give him some more room. The force was only a fraction of the more than human strength he had at his disposal. He needed to judge the person in front of him, just as he was sure he was getting judge himself.
Back to top Go down
http://noxnightstalker.deviantart.com
Rogue
Rogue

Things that I am :
  • Alarmingly Excellent
  • Chatbox Spammer
  • Underling of Eldar

Female Loveliness : 69

PostSubject: Re: Grande Tourney of Kaionar :: Non-Dragons   Grande Tourney of Kaionar :: Non-Dragons - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu May 17, 2012 9:31 pm

Maybe it had been a foolish thing to poke his head right down the hole that Baldassare had fallen through, but Rissul had just lost his opponent somewhere below the ice, and that was the only way to find him again… but still, a foolish move. He at least thought to snap his mouth shut as the giant weasel attacked him with another vial of acid, knowing not a lot of fun was headed his way, but too slow to pull his head out of the way. It caught him right across the nose (or where would have been a nose, if he had had anything vaguely resembling one), yelping in surprise and pain through his gritted teeth as glass shattered all over his face.

He retracted from the hole as quickly as he could, barely lifting his face above the ice before putting it down and rubbing it back and forth against the cold surface, trying to get the stinging, fiery liquid off. His tactic was marginally successful, but it was still painful where Baldasarre had got him, and if he didn’t clear the rest off properly soon, there would probably be some nasty consequences coming his direction. The same for his shoulder, too, where the other vial had got him. With slits for eyes, he squinted around to see if the weasel had managed to climb out of the hole while he was trying to get the potion off his face, then closed them again and crept to the edge of the hole, putting his front weight right on the ice until it cracked down into the hole. Try that for underhand tactics, getting crushed by falling ice wasn’t a nice way to go.

==X==

Kidas leapt across Talos as she rammed him to the ground, skittering on the ice and trying to get a grip with her clawed feet. It was a challenge, and she spent a precious few moments tipping from one foot to another as the avian slid across the ice, eventually gaining her feet properly by the time Talos had flipped off the ground. He was a chance for her, him on his knees. He looked a bit shaken- or that might just have been because he was slow to getting up again. It was hard to tell. She hissed, fluffing her feathers up more and sparing a slight glance for the avian’s lost scarf.

Well, that was one small victory. If you discounted the lost feathers. She was unwilling to tousle with Talos again, but at least she hadn’t been completely downed this time… Maybe her tactic would work a second time. It was worth a shot, so she tried it, bunching herself into a huddled half-crouch as she ran at him. Maybe she culd get him to the ground again before he had properly found his feet.
Back to top Go down
Artemis
Artemis

Things that I am :
  • ME Meercat
  • SR Salamander
  • DDC Dingo
  • Alarmingly Excellent
  • Dragon Hoarder
  • Troll Fanatic
  • Medium Poster
  • Chatbox Spammer
  • Really Too Kind
  • Rebel of Rogue

Female Loveliness : 73

PostSubject: Re: Grande Tourney of Kaionar :: Non-Dragons   Grande Tourney of Kaionar :: Non-Dragons - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 01, 2012 11:38 pm

Bishop continued to expand on her former strategy, which didn’t pose much of an issue to Armeno. His longer reach meant that it was still easy to simply keep her away. He didn’t even have to move his sword to keep it targeted on her too much; while she attacked his hands, she was automatically keeping herself closer to his sword, and so he let himself think for a few moments- though keeping a wary eye on her the whole time, of course.

There wasn’t really much in it for which of them was faster, but he suspected that the girl took the edge on agility just because she was smaller. Either way, she was plenty adept at dodging, not to mention that she most likely did have a spell to protect her. Direct attacks didn’t seem to be the answer, so he quickly pressed his injured ankle more firmly into the ground to test it. “Injured” was really an overstatement; a twisted ankle wasn’t high on his list of worst injuries, and the pain when he put weight on it now was minimal. Still, it was possible that Bishop still thought he had a more severe wound… after all, he’d made more of a fuss over it than he had really needed to. Dodging a slice from one of her knives, he threw himself sideways and pretended to lose his balance on his bad leg, faltering for a few moments before throwing himself back into a fighting stance with a powerful strike at Bishop.
Back to top Go down
nen
nen

Things that I am :
  • ME Meercat
  • SR Salamander
  • Alarmingly Excellent
  • Gold Hoarder
  • Bi-Winning
  • Medium Poster
  • Chatbox Spammer
  • Thrall of Zay
  • Upstart of Aero
  • Rebel of Rogue

PostSubject: Re: Grande Tourney of Kaionar :: Non-Dragons   Grande Tourney of Kaionar :: Non-Dragons - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 01, 2012 11:48 pm

She fell for his ruse and went in for the kill when he seemed to 'lose his balance', only to be tricked. He wasn't as injured as she thought he was, and when he fell back into a proper stance and sliced down it was all she could do to bring her knives up and block. The strike smashed her to the ground and tore her knives from her grasp, the tip whistling down her abdomen, slicing her leather armor neatly down the middle. Blood welled from the shallow cut down her torso.

Shaken she scrambled back, withdrawing another set of knives.

The other two were too far to go after, but she did start circling toward them.

"I thought you weren't going to try and kill me!" she shouted at him. There was fear in her voice, her eyes were wide, the grip on her knives so tight her knuckles were turning white.
Back to top Go down
Artemis
Artemis

Things that I am :
  • ME Meercat
  • SR Salamander
  • DDC Dingo
  • Alarmingly Excellent
  • Dragon Hoarder
  • Troll Fanatic
  • Medium Poster
  • Chatbox Spammer
  • Really Too Kind
  • Rebel of Rogue

PostSubject: Re: Grande Tourney of Kaionar :: Non-Dragons   Grande Tourney of Kaionar :: Non-Dragons - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat Jun 02, 2012 12:41 pm

The clean slice down Bishop’s front was a good one, slicing away her furs and also revealing stiff leather armour beneath- not that it would be too much of a problem anymore. She could have been more injured, but then he wasn’t trying to kill her, and if she bled enough it could weaken her sufficiently to make all the difference.
“You don’t seem very dead to me,” he pointed out, feeling a slight flare of annoyance as she simply whipped out another two knives. Well, she seemed shaken, at least- it would do a lot in his favour just to have her scared. He took a couple of long strides forwards as she scrambled to her feet, stamping the blades she had dropped firmly into the ground. He might not be able to render them useless, but maybe being pounded against the hard ice floor would do them some damage. Taking her by surprise seemed to be the efficient thing to do here; he held his sword away from his body and made an abrupt leap towards her, swinging one of his legs through the air and aiming it at her hand. After all, she couldn’t have limitless knives at her disposal.
Back to top Go down
nen
nen

Things that I am :
  • ME Meercat
  • SR Salamander
  • Alarmingly Excellent
  • Gold Hoarder
  • Bi-Winning
  • Medium Poster
  • Chatbox Spammer
  • Thrall of Zay
  • Upstart of Aero
  • Rebel of Rogue

PostSubject: Re: Grande Tourney of Kaionar :: Non-Dragons   Grande Tourney of Kaionar :: Non-Dragons - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat Jun 02, 2012 9:17 pm

She let out a hoarse cry and rolled out of the way, coming to her feet quickly and keeping him in her sights. "And what if I didn't block? I'd be very dead, you bastard!". She was trying to regain composure, but with this man leaping around and swinging that sword like he didn't care if he split her in two... well it was difficult.

He'd stamped her blades into the snow, not that it'd do damage to them, it'd just make it harder for her to grab them, though she thought that was the purpose entirely.

His sword was a problem, though, and she didn't know what to do about it. She couldn't get close enough to strike at him. She flipped a knife so that she was holding it by the tip and threw it at him, diving for her other knife and prying it out of the snow. She looked up frantically to keep him in her sights.
Back to top Go down
Artemis
Artemis

Things that I am :
  • ME Meercat
  • SR Salamander
  • DDC Dingo
  • Alarmingly Excellent
  • Dragon Hoarder
  • Troll Fanatic
  • Medium Poster
  • Chatbox Spammer
  • Really Too Kind
  • Rebel of Rogue

PostSubject: Re: Grande Tourney of Kaionar :: Non-Dragons   Grande Tourney of Kaionar :: Non-Dragons - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 16, 2012 12:54 pm

“There was always a chance of dying in this tournament. I guessed you wouldn’t be suicidal, and I was right.” As she dropped to the ground and rolled, leaving herself completely exposed, he lunged forwards and aimed for a matching slice down her back to the one he’d put on her front. If he could get her losing enough blood, then she’d soon be too weak to put up much resistance at all. He couldn’t risk staying there long, however; if she got inside his sword, then he might have a problem, so as she popped back to her feet he backed away again and stood ready to strike at the next opening.

He wasn’t expecting her to throw her knife at him, though. Just how many did she have to throw them away like that? He dodged the blade neatly, ducking under its path to let it embed itself firmly in the wall behind him. What Bishop did next was hard to believe- did she not realise that when she wasn’t in a position ready to defend herself, she was completely vulnerable? In the few seconds it took her to fumble the knife out of the ice it was partially frozen into, Armeno made for a stamp on her hands. If he broke them… well, it definitely wouldn’t kill her, but she wouldn’t be fighting anymore either. Just in case, he tilted his sword so that the pommel was towards her head and struck firmly downwards with it as she turned her face up to look at him. Hopefully if the blow landed it wouldn’t kill her, but it should still be hard enough to do some real damage.
Back to top Go down
nen
nen

Things that I am :
  • ME Meercat
  • SR Salamander
  • Alarmingly Excellent
  • Gold Hoarder
  • Bi-Winning
  • Medium Poster
  • Chatbox Spammer
  • Thrall of Zay
  • Upstart of Aero
  • Rebel of Rogue

PostSubject: Re: Grande Tourney of Kaionar :: Non-Dragons   Grande Tourney of Kaionar :: Non-Dragons - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 20, 2012 6:12 pm

He'd missed her back, just barely. Lucky for her.

He was quick, and she saw the pommel coming down for her face, she flinched and punched him right in the groin. It struck a glancing blow on her cheekbone that felt less glancing and more like she'd been punched by a three hundred pound man named Tiny. Inside his grip now, she stabbed at his hand, hoping that she didn't miss. The pain was making her face ache, and she could already feel her cheekbone swelling, purpling most likely.

She wasn't at all sorry about his groin. Not in the slightest. He was just lucky she hadn't thought to turn her fist and get him with the knife instead.

This confident pointy eared bastard. He was wounded, but shrugged it off, dodged falling ice and thought to slice her neatly in half a dozen times. She thought she was the only one without a conscience, but she'd actually thought about letting him live if she won. If the odds were impossibly in her favor. It seemed, however, that all men were assholes, especially the good looking ones and she didn't feel horrible at all for tying them up and keeping them as her forced companions all those years.

She was just sorry she got caught.

She also went to stab his thigh.
Back to top Go down
Echo
Experienced Roleplayer
Echo

Things that I am :
  • Dragon Hoarder
  • Short Poster
  • Platypus
  • Chatbox Spammer
  • Rebel of Rogue

Male Loveliness : 14

PostSubject: Re: Grande Tourney of Kaionar :: Non-Dragons   Grande Tourney of Kaionar :: Non-Dragons - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 25, 2012 8:35 pm

The man's block was decent enough, and his attemp at locking Veces' scythe was a charming effort, yet from watching the man Veces could tell that he was trying to hold something back. A secret weapon? It seemed as if he were actively trying to resist it, which meant that there was a possibility that this man's fighting style may change drastically over the course of the fight. But the man's attempt to push him back and land a blow was foolhearty, as the reaper took the opportunity he was given and moved with the push, spinning his scythe in an arc in the same direrction the sword was pushing and stepping back, swinging his scythe back into an offensive position.

Well, the man was obviously able to block a blow from close range, but what about from a distance? Concentrating on the energy around him, Veces lifted his scythe and swung it down sharply, a small arc of electricity moving from the tip of the blade to the man in front of him.
Back to top Go down
Aero
Aero

Things that I am :
  • ME Meercat
  • Alarmingly Excellent
  • Dragon Hoarder
  • Gold Hoarder
  • Troll
  • Medium Poster
  • Chatbox Spammer
  • Rebel of Rogue

Female Loveliness : 25

PostSubject: Re: Grande Tourney of Kaionar :: Non-Dragons   Grande Tourney of Kaionar :: Non-Dragons - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 02, 2012 10:10 pm

Baldasarre couldn't help but to privately crow when the spindly Rissul jerked back in pain, glad that his little retaliation had worked out as planned. Now to try and see if he could cause the rest of the arena to collapse under the creature without squishing himself in the process…

The old weasel turned and began sorting out the ice caves underneath the arena, walking along the slick passage ways and placing his feet carefully so as not to slip and fall, tapping the icy uneven walls with his claws as he went along. His ears were cocked, listening hard for a change in pitch as he went along that would indicate a weak part of the ice that he could use to his advantage. Before he got very far, however, the ice above him gave a threatening crack that reverberated throughout the entire system of tunnels, low and menacing. Behind him a cascade of ice chunks and snow fell abruptly into the hole that he'd fallen through, Rissul's feet a dark shadow through the partially opaque ice. He quickly realized that the creature was trying to bring down the tunnel of his own accord, which meant bad things for Baldasarre's idea of carefully weakening the tunnels in key places so that the behemoth would eventually fall through of his own accord. The fool was going to bring the whole thing down in an attempt to crush him, most likely, which was actually not all that foolish of a plan once you thought about it from Rissul's point of view.

Musings aside, Baldasarre did what he did best in the meantime; picked up and ran. His best chance at surviving this whole tunnel collapsing plan was of course to not be in the tunnels, so he scurried through an assortment of bigger and smaller tunnels, always looking up for a break in the ice or a particularly thin bit, never looking back to check and see how close Rissul was on his heels, tapping the ice as he went to check for weak spots. When the watery sunlight from above increased overhead Baldasarre stopped, digging his claws into the wall and climbed up the slippery cave face to the top where the ice was barely more than an inch thick and banged his paws against it until it gave way and made a hole big enough to stick his head out. He quickly looked around, trying to see how close Rissul had gotten during his little jaunt through the ice caves.

*~*~*

The only good thing about the two of them flailing around in the snow was that the harpy didn't seem to have noticed what sort of impact her scream had on him, which was a very good thing for his poor freezing ears. His boots slipped on the ice as he tried to right himself, extremely aware that the harpy was no doubt turning about and making back for him to try and deliver another terrible blow with those claws of hers. Talos saw her charge just as he managed to get one foot solidly under him in the attempt to right himself into a proper fighting position. He slipped a little as he stood, both swords held at the ready in front of him as the harpy made a headlong dash straight at him and he opened one wing just as she came within striking distance, the wind catching him like a sail and he spun toward the harpy with his long and short sword poised for a horizontal strike across Kidas' body, tucking his wing closest to her in tight to keep her from ripping it to shreds with those horrendous outstretched claws.
Back to top Go down
http://seroph.deviantart.com/
Rogue
Rogue

Things that I am :
  • Alarmingly Excellent
  • Chatbox Spammer
  • Underling of Eldar

PostSubject: Re: Grande Tourney of Kaionar :: Non-Dragons   Grande Tourney of Kaionar :: Non-Dragons - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 15, 2012 8:40 pm

As soon as the ground collapsed under his weight, Rissul moved again, striding quickly away from the new hole he had made in the ice. He didn’t want to get all caught up in the traps he was laying for his opponent! Picking the direction that he had seen Baldasarre run in, he carefully stepped along the thick rims of ice underfoot, making sure not to chance any of the thin bits that the big weasel was passing under. He didn’t want the animal to get any more magic onto him, if he could get it through a layer of ice.

Trying to work out where he was headed, and if he had any big master-plan wrapped up in his seemingly random choice of direction, Rissul tried to ignore the burning sensation on his face from the poison vial-thing that Baldasarre had thrown at him. It was quite difficult to do. Mostly because when he lost track of whereabouts the weasel was, there was nothing else to distract him from the sizzling sensation. He kept a sharp lookout under the ice for a shadow to tell him where Baldasarre had gotten to, but didn’t spot him until he saw his head poking out from under the ice, not too far away. Quick as he could go, he strode over to where his opponent was, making his footsteps heavy to crack and break all the ice around, so that there were no more tunnels for Baldasarre to hide in, or run through. Then he could just trap him under one of the big slabs that were already starting to break off nearby, and it’d be done. Then he could get his burns seen to.

==X==

Talos’ ready position wasn’t good, but nevertheless, Kidas wasn’t going to give up her attack just because he was trying to look scary. That’d just give him more time to think, and that was the last thing she wanted. There wasn’t much plan in her attack, which was a bit of a drawback (well, a big drawback), because when she got close and Talos brought his swords across, she was right in the way, and didn’t have anything really to counter them with. Apart from the obvious get-in-the-way with her wings, body, and pretty much everything else that didn’t really want to come into contact with a sword.

Her feet slid as she tried to stop her pace, but claws weren’t much good on ice, and she was hardly going much slower when she barrelled right into the avian’s swords, sharply taking in her breath as they brought her to a quick halt. She winced, staggering backwards and putting her clawed hands to her middle, red blood soaking quickly into her dark feathers. She managed to hold her ground for a few moments more, face contorting as she fought to stay upright, then sunk to her knees, doubling up and wrapping her wings even tighter round her middle.

Back to top Go down
Artemis
Artemis

Things that I am :
  • ME Meercat
  • SR Salamander
  • DDC Dingo
  • Alarmingly Excellent
  • Dragon Hoarder
  • Troll Fanatic
  • Medium Poster
  • Chatbox Spammer
  • Really Too Kind
  • Rebel of Rogue

PostSubject: Re: Grande Tourney of Kaionar :: Non-Dragons   Grande Tourney of Kaionar :: Non-Dragons - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun Aug 19, 2012 5:20 pm

Truthfully, at this point Armeno was losing interest in letting the stupid woman live. Every time he made an attack which wouldn’t really do her lasting damage, she dodged it with implausible ease. But when he moved in to deal some serious damage, she didn’t appear to care about avoiding it so much and then got upset and began to accuse him of trying to kill her. Honestly, if she was so worried about that then she never should have entered the competition. He certainly didn’t trust her- she seemed entirely capable of cold-blooded murder, let alone in a fight which the other had entered willingly with knowledge of the risk of death.
The punch to his groin proved her a brawler, as if he hadn’t known that already. Jumping slightly and twisting away, he managed to avoid most of what force there had been- after all, twisted round at that angle wasn’t the best way to throw a punch. Nonetheless, it hurt- how could it not? He may as well make the most of this. Letting his face screw up, he staggered backwards a step, watching Bishop intently through slitted eyes so that she couldn’t see. The moment she moved her hand out to stab him, he stepped neatly to the side, kicking her arm away before dropping straight onto her back and pinning her down under his full body weight. The last thing he wanted to do was give her a chance to get back at him, so he made to trap her legs between his and bring her arms under control. Hopefully she would realise it was time to surrender if he could prevent her from getting away- even if she didn’t, a knife would easily incapacitate her without killing her.
Back to top Go down
nen
nen

Things that I am :
  • ME Meercat
  • SR Salamander
  • Alarmingly Excellent
  • Gold Hoarder
  • Bi-Winning
  • Medium Poster
  • Chatbox Spammer
  • Thrall of Zay
  • Upstart of Aero
  • Rebel of Rogue

PostSubject: Re: Grande Tourney of Kaionar :: Non-Dragons   Grande Tourney of Kaionar :: Non-Dragons - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun Aug 19, 2012 8:52 pm

She struggled mightily, but the man was heavy and his grip like iron. She relaxed into the snow with a frustrated sob, heaving frosty breaths as she tried to calm. He could end her at any time now, but he chose to keep her pinned and she supposed he'd never intended to kill her, or at least not after they agreed not to kill one another. She laid her head against the icy ground, her hair acting as a pillow, keeping her skin from the ice, though her chest was not so lucky. With her supple leather slit down the middle, she could feel the ice against her breast bone.

Perhaps this was not the right time to think about the man pressed against her, but how could she not. He was a good looking pointy-eared bastard. Strong too. She supposed he was probably a nicer man to people he didn't have to defeat or kill for money. He certainly could have killed her. He seemed to have been toying with her the entire round and she felt foolish. She didn't belong here with real fighters.

"They said fight or die. That's why I'm here but I don't belong. You would have probably been happier fighting against someone that knew what they were doing."

She certainly sounded defeated.

"You win. If you don't trust me you can tie my wrists, I suggest binding my hands entirely, it would put your mind at ease, and I suppose you could pat me down for weapons... I have three more knives on my belt and one each tucked into my boots."

Battle certainly warmed the blood, but he was cold now that she thought about it.

"But don't dally. You feel cold..."

Though the trunk of his body was warm against hers. "Though you can warm yourself quite quickly if you please. I am helpless." She wriggled as a point. "My breasts are cold, please make up your mind."
Back to top Go down
Artemis
Artemis

Things that I am :
  • ME Meercat
  • SR Salamander
  • DDC Dingo
  • Alarmingly Excellent
  • Dragon Hoarder
  • Troll Fanatic
  • Medium Poster
  • Chatbox Spammer
  • Really Too Kind
  • Rebel of Rogue

PostSubject: Re: Grande Tourney of Kaionar :: Non-Dragons   Grande Tourney of Kaionar :: Non-Dragons - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 21, 2012 7:10 pm

All Armeno felt as he finally got Bishop pinned down was a flood of relief. It wasn’t doing either of them any good, continuing this fight- neither of them needed to be any colder or more injured than they already were.
“Well, you fought very well, given you obviously haven’t had any training. It wasn’t a fair pairing, not in a lot of ways. Despite himself, the elf was now feeling oddly guilty just for wining. She didn’t sound vicious or rude anymore. When she finished speaking, he smiled slightly, replying, “I’m afraid you’re right, though. I don’t trust you at all. And I’m very, very cold.” He couldn’t help but feel uncomfortable at such a direct reference to her breasts- was she simply a blunt person, or was she trying to catch him off guard? He didn’t know, but he wasn’t about to leave it to chance. Leaning forwards over her, he gently lifted her face off the ground enough to slip his palm underneath and clamp it firmly over her mouth and nose.
“I promise I won’t kill you,” he assured her, for what it was worth. It couldn’t have been pleasant for her, but it wasn’t too likely to do her harm, especially when she was about to be seen by magical healers anyway. As soon as she went limp underneath him, he stepped off her back and stretched cautiously. With the adrenaline from the fight ebbing away, he suddenly felt all the cold and pain he had been brushing off, and abruptly doubted his ability to carry Bishop out of the place. Come to think of it, how was he going to get out? He looked blankly up and around, only to see a perfectly cut tunnel appear through the ice, obviously by magic. There was no sign of any assistance for him, though.

Heaving a resigned sigh, he crouched down to roll Bishop onto her back before carefully picking her up. She did look cold, especially where her face had been pressed against the ice- well, what did you expect? Being smaller than him, she wasn’t going to stay warm very well, even if he was a little worse off since his spell. Working quickly and with fumbling fingers, he tugged off his cloak and wrapped it about her like a blanket, wincing at the wound he had left down her front. Well, nothing to do about that now. Best thing was to get her out of here. Hurrying but careful not to slip, he made his way up through the tunnel and out onto the plain, trying to avoid aggravating his wounds as he did so. It took a little while to reach Velox in his corner, the horse looking rather sorry for himself but unharmed. He had no idea where Bishop’s dog had gone; likely it had run off somewhere and the organisers of the tourney had it. It was a relief to step into the sweltering desert heat and surrender his burden, finally letting himself feel his weariness.

ARMENO HAS WON HIS FIGHT AGAINST BISHOP.
Back to top Go down
Aero
Aero

Things that I am :
  • ME Meercat
  • Alarmingly Excellent
  • Dragon Hoarder
  • Gold Hoarder
  • Troll
  • Medium Poster
  • Chatbox Spammer
  • Rebel of Rogue

PostSubject: Re: Grande Tourney of Kaionar :: Non-Dragons   Grande Tourney of Kaionar :: Non-Dragons - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat Sep 08, 2012 5:56 pm

He heard the stomping a second before he turned to see the spindly monster coming for him and turned in time to see Rissul cracking the ice with every stride. On reflex he ducked back into the hole, planning his next escape route when a deep rumbling came from the heart of the ice, followed by a boom reminiscent of thunder from all over. Rissul's foot came down close to where Baldasarre was hiding and the splintering cracks from his footsteps undermined the delicate structure of the ice around him, and it all started crashing down. It happened first as a chunk of ice sliding from the wall, then shards flew down from the thin surface above and it took all of his skill to avoid being skewered alive as chunks of ice bigger than he was shot from the walls and a chasm opened under his feet.

By the time that the rumbling of the ice stopped, Baldasarre found himself wedged in a deep hole, his claws dug into the ice to keep from falling deeper with a precarious balance of ice shards hanging dangerously over his head. "I'm too old for this!" He hissed irritably, his mind working quickly for a possible way out. The ice overhead cracked one more time and his decision was quickly made. "I yield!" He yelled, hoping that either Rissul would hear or the referees would go ahead and end the match. Either way, he wasn't going anywhere any time soon.

*~*~*

His plan to strike a blow on the harpy worked so much better than he thought it was going to, but Talos didn't relent. He was determined to see the fight through to the end, so the very second that Kidas went to her knees on the ice he slid to her side, his longer blade hovering near her neck where she could have clearly seen it and ready for a killing blow. His shorter sword he held ready for a back-handed strike if the harpy got it in her head that she could still win a battle while bleeding out on the ice. "Do you give?" He asked, trying his best to mask the chattering of his teeth and only being so partially successful at it. It was just so cold out here! Hopefully the harpy would just give in, otherwise he would strike the final blow and force a win. Hopefully he wouldn't have frostbite after this nonsense.
Back to top Go down
Rogue
Rogue

Things that I am :
  • Alarmingly Excellent
  • Chatbox Spammer
  • Underling of Eldar

PostSubject: Re: Grande Tourney of Kaionar :: Non-Dragons   Grande Tourney of Kaionar :: Non-Dragons - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat Sep 08, 2012 9:50 pm

Cracking the ice underfoot as much as he dared, to leave himself with a path away from the big broken slabs, Rissul was both pleased and relieved to hear the giant weasel shout his surrender. Quickly pausing in his destruction, he receded a few paces backwards, finding himself a good patch of steady ground and spreading himself carefully across it, wary of also falling through the ice. That would not do, not at all, not when he had just won.

Ignoring Baldasarre completely, now he knew that there would be no more attack from him (at least until someone dug himself out of the pit he had fallen into, and it did not seem likely that he would be able to get himself out on his own), Rissul pawed at the burnt, sizzling patches of his face and shoulder. Then, grumbling under his breath and paying no heed for any rule that said they had to stay where they were, or now keep within the bounds of the arena that they had been previously consigned to for the fight, he stalked off towards the exit, all too ready to find someone to fix him up, then leave. If they would let him.

==X==

Mouth open and panting, Kidas unwrapped one arm from her middle and checked the wound across her stomach, but that made it sting even worse with pain. She quickly returned to putting pressure on it, little gasps escaping her every now and then. Flinching away from his all-too-close blade, she looked at him with glazed eyes before whispering out her defeat.
“I surrender.”

She doubled over, moaning and trying to ignore Talos. Now that the fight was over, hopefully he would treat it as over, and would not slay her there and then, just for trying to win earlier. He would not be so despicable to kill her while she was undefended, would he be?

Either way, she was in too much pain to notice. She barely even registered when officials came their way to retrieve them and take them off the ice. By then, everything was a blur. Talos had definitely won this round, it was safe to say.

Rissul has won his fight against Baldasarre!
Kidas has lost her fight against Talos.

Back to top Go down
Aero
Aero

Things that I am :
  • ME Meercat
  • Alarmingly Excellent
  • Dragon Hoarder
  • Gold Hoarder
  • Troll
  • Medium Poster
  • Chatbox Spammer
  • Rebel of Rogue

PostSubject: Re: Grande Tourney of Kaionar :: Non-Dragons   Grande Tourney of Kaionar :: Non-Dragons - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun Sep 09, 2012 12:04 am

Attention all Ye Folk!

The first round of the non-dragon half of our tournament has drawn to a close! Everyone, please give a round of applause for the winners, and look forward to the next exciting round! For now, the arena will have a one hour break to be reset for the semi-finals of the competition and in the meantime our contestants will be healed by our experts behind the scenes. During this time, make sure to place your bets on next round's brackets!

->See the Lineup Here!<-

Interview Questions

-Static
1) You have skills in both combat magic and with weapons. Were you trained to be a fighter outside of the arena, or are you self-taught?
2) The long-range of the flail had your sword at a little bit of a disadvantage. How did you handle the challenge of facing an opponent with a longer ranged weapon?
3) The two of you took a bit of a tumble into the ice caverns on the field. How did being down in the tunnels affect your fighting style?

-Rissul
1) A lot of our competitors this round were struggling with the cold, but you seemed mostly unaffected by it. Do you come from a very cold region to be so used to the challenges presented on this kind of arena?
2) Your opponent had a few nasty attacks at their disposal. What was your strategy for dealing with an opponent who was so much smaller than you?

-Armeno
1) Your fight seemed a little unevenly matched at times. What did you think of your opponent bringing knives to a sword fight?
2) Our mages made sure that the arena was bitterly cold for this round of the tournament, and you came lightly clothed to the battle. What kind of effect did the conditions in the arena have on your fighting tactics?
3) You brought a mount with you to the tourney, but chose not to use it in this round. Do you think that having a horse will be a help or a hinderance in coming rounds?

-Jackdaww
1) You seemed to know your opponent upon walking into the arena. Did you ever expect to be fighting a previous acquaintance in the tournament? How did that affect your fighting style?
2) Your opponent pulled a rather unexpected attack as her finishing move. What did you think of it?
3) You fight was actually over rather quickly. Did you expect an end to the match so fast?
4) After this match, how do you think that you're going to fare in the next rounds?
5) My sources tell me that you have a dragon friend also fighting in this tournament. Are you worried about him advancing through the next rounds, knowing that he's up against two Elites?

-Eliza & Demitri
1) Your first tournament round unfortunately fell flat. Coming into the second round with a three-way battle, what is going to be your strategy for moving onto the next round, knowing that two of you will be able to advance?

-Talos
1) You seemed to be struggling with the wind and the temperature out in the arena. What was your strategy for dealing with the extreme cold?
2) Were you at all surprised to be meeting another opponent that could fly in the very first round?
3) Your next matchup will be a three-way battle. What are your feelings on going up against to unknown opponents, knowing that two of you can leave to fight in the semi-finals?
Back to top Go down
Aero
Aero

Things that I am :
  • ME Meercat
  • Alarmingly Excellent
  • Dragon Hoarder
  • Gold Hoarder
  • Troll
  • Medium Poster
  • Chatbox Spammer
  • Rebel of Rogue

PostSubject: Re: Grande Tourney of Kaionar :: Non-Dragons   Grande Tourney of Kaionar :: Non-Dragons - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun Sep 09, 2012 2:51 am

1) You seemed to be struggling with the wind and the temperature out in the arena. What was your strategy for dealing with the extreme cold?
Eh, well, yeah, I s'pose it was kinda bad. I mean, I was a'feared that maybe my wings'd fall off by the time it was all said an' done, but they're still on so I guess it was alright. Mostly, I jus' wanted t'keep my fingers from freezin' off so I didn't get clumsy with meh sword work an' the wind was hell tryin' t'fly. So yea…
2) Were you at all surprised to be meeting another opponent that could fly in the very first round?
Well, yeah, a bit, I guess? I mean, I can fight wif other fliers, so I wasn't really all like, a'scared I guess. But I ain't never seen a harpy, so that was interestin' an' those claws weren't nothin' t'be messin' with. But nah, not surprised, t'answer yer question.
3) Your next matchup will be a three-way battle. What are your feelings on going up against to unknown opponents, knowing that two of you can leave to fight in the semi-finals?
Haha, well, all the opponents here are unknown, yeah? But uh, feelin's? Well, nervous, I s'pose. Yanno, the pot money means a lot t'me, so I wanna win. I guess I'll hang back in the next round an' let the other two kill each other. Or I dunno, maybe we'll play a round-o ropopo* t'see who wins. That'd be nice. But at least I dun't have to knock out both the other guys to move on, that's some good news.

*Ropopo is an abbreviation for "Rock, Plow, Powder" that is exactly like "rock, paper, scissors". Rock breaks plow, plow spreads powder, powder explodes rock.
Back to top Go down
Stormkatz
Stormkatz

Things that I am :
  • ME Meercat
  • DDC Dingo
  • "Nice Girl"
  • Troll
  • Medium Poster
  • Chatbox Spammer
  • Really Too Kind
  • Rebel of Rogue

Female Loveliness : 16

PostSubject: Re: Grande Tourney of Kaionar :: Non-Dragons   Grande Tourney of Kaionar :: Non-Dragons - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun Sep 09, 2012 9:12 am

Jackdaww;;
1) You seemed to know your opponent upon walking into the arena. Did you ever expect to be fighting a previous acquaintance in the tournament? How did that affect your fighting style?
-Indeed I do know Silence. I suppose you could say we’re friends, I’m never really sure. However, I must admit that our previous encounters made me want to do as little damage as I could. I never expected to see her in a tournament like this, but I was impressed. For saying that she had no experience fighting when I last met her, she’s come on incredibly.
2) Your opponent pulled a rather unexpected attack as her finishing move. What did you think of it?
-I was stunned, to be frank. It was a foolish move, letting her guard down completely to attack, but if I hadn’t seen similar before I might have fallen for it.
3) You fight was actually over rather quickly. Did you expect an end to the match so fast?
-Well I don’t mean to sound cocky, but I had hoped the first round would be a walk through. I mean, I’ve been trained for precisely this, while my opponent has no real training to my knowledge. However, the abruptness of the end of our battle did surprise me
4) After this match, how do you think that you're going to fare in the next rounds?
-As I’m going to be against Armeno next round, I have high hopes for a good battle. However, fighting another trained opponent makes the future rounds completely uncertain, so I couldn’t say. I’m just sure that this next fight will be a lot of fun.
5) My sources tell me that you have a dragon friend also fighting in this tournament. Are you worried about him advancing through the next rounds, knowing that he's up against two Elites?
-Ah hells, Measle’s here? I told him to stay out of it… Well, the elites will be /tough/, but it will depend very much on the terrain next round. I wouldn’t want to bet either way on that match.

Eliza;;
1) Your first tournament round unfortunately fell flat. Coming into the second round with a three-way battle, what is going to be your strategy for moving onto the next round, knowing that two of you will be able to advance?
-Strategy? Are you being serious? I intend to pick out the one I think will be most fun in the next round, and knock the other one out of the water (which could be arranged literally if the terrain will allow for it). Anyone who thinks I’ll show mercy for my opponents is sorely mistaken. After all, I haven’t fed all week, and besides, like the audience I’m here for the sport.
Back to top Go down
Artemis
Artemis

Things that I am :
  • ME Meercat
  • SR Salamander
  • DDC Dingo
  • Alarmingly Excellent
  • Dragon Hoarder
  • Troll Fanatic
  • Medium Poster
  • Chatbox Spammer
  • Really Too Kind
  • Rebel of Rogue

PostSubject: Re: Grande Tourney of Kaionar :: Non-Dragons   Grande Tourney of Kaionar :: Non-Dragons - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun Sep 09, 2012 4:38 pm

Q) Your fight seemed a little unevenly matched at times. What did you think of your opponent bringing knives to a sword fight?
A) I can't say I look on it like that. I'd have to agree that it was unevenly matched, but I suppose that's just the way things will turn out. There's no reason why she should have used a sword over knives, and perhaps it could have earnt her an advantage under some conditions. It just so happened that I had a sword, and that seemed to work better than knives.

Q) Our mages made sure that the arena was bitterly cold for this round of the tournament, and you came lightly clothed to the battle. What kind of effect did the conditions in the arena have on your fighting tactics?
A) It wasn't a good one. I'm fairly heavy, of course, so I don't tend to get cold as quickly as I might, but once I did that spell it was suddenly a bit too much. I'm just glad there wasn't any wind down in the tunnels, but all the same my swordwork was a lot clumsier than it usually would be. There were some moves in there I'm not at all proud of.

Q) You brought a mount with you to the tourney, but chose not to use it in this round. Do you think that having a horse will be a help or a hinderance in coming rounds?
A) Truthfully, I don't know. Ice is one of the worst surfaces for a horse, so almost anything will be easier than it was in this round. Unfortunately, that doesn't mean I'll come in lucky- there was somewhere safe and relatively sheltered for me to leave Velox in this arena, but there's no saying what will happen next time.
Back to top Go down
Rogue
Rogue

Things that I am :
  • Alarmingly Excellent
  • Chatbox Spammer
  • Underling of Eldar

PostSubject: Re: Grande Tourney of Kaionar :: Non-Dragons   Grande Tourney of Kaionar :: Non-Dragons - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 25, 2012 9:49 am

1) You have skills in both combat magic and with weapons. Were you trained to be a fighter outside of the arena, or are you self-taught?
I taught myself magic, had a bit of help for weapons.
2) The long-range of the flail had your sword at a little bit of a disadvantage. How did you handle the challenge of facing an opponent with a longer ranged weapon?
I’ve never fought against a flail before, but I had my electricity as back up. I know how to deal with them now.
2) The two of you took a bit of a tumble into the ice caverns on the field. How did being down in the tunnels affect your fighting style?
I didn’t want to use too much magic down in the caverns, in case I brought the roof down, but things turned out alright. Sort of.

Can I go now?

-Rissul
1) A lot of our competitors this round were struggling with the cold, but you seemed mostly unaffected by it. Do you come from a very cold region to be so used to the challenges presented on this kind of arena?
Oh yes, I live in the far north, so I am used to cold conditions. It was refreshing, to get out of this desert heat; I do not know why I came here. I like the bitter cold and snow.
2) Your opponent had a few nasty attacks at their disposal. What was your strategy for dealing with an opponent who was so much smaller than you?
I did not think such a small thing was to fight in this tournament. Nor did I expect him to have such poisons at his disposal. My strategy seemed to be the most productive of choices.
Back to top Go down
Aero
Aero

Things that I am :
  • ME Meercat
  • Alarmingly Excellent
  • Dragon Hoarder
  • Gold Hoarder
  • Troll
  • Medium Poster
  • Chatbox Spammer
  • Rebel of Rogue

PostSubject: Re: Grande Tourney of Kaionar :: Non-Dragons   Grande Tourney of Kaionar :: Non-Dragons - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 01, 2012 11:52 pm

The Terrain

After our first round with bitterly freezing conditions, what could our mages do to top themselves this round? Well, ladies and gentlemen, when our contestants left the field, our mages went right to work creating the next big challenge, and now see what they've done! The arena has been transformed into an ocean! Yes ladies an gentleman, that smell in the air is salt from the sea breeze, and those waves are real. How then our our competitors going to fight in a watery terrain you ask? Well, take a closer look! Our mages have given the combatants stone pillars sticking above the water for the fighters to battle on. These 10-foot diameter circles are placed just far enough that it'll take quite the leap to get from place to place. And they'd better get hopping on ending these battles quick! Each quadrant is controlled by the boundary mages and the tides will rise and fall unpredictably! I hope you're all as excited as I am for this audience! It's sure to be a wet and wild fight!

Round 2 Matchups!

Static vs. NPC A
Armeno vs. Jackdaww
Eliza vs. Dmitri vs. Talos

**NOTE: NPC. R designates an NPC played by Rogue while an NPC. A designates an NPC played by Aero.

See the brackets Here

And without further ado, let the second Tourney round begin!!
Back to top Go down
Stormkatz
Stormkatz

Things that I am :
  • ME Meercat
  • DDC Dingo
  • "Nice Girl"
  • Troll
  • Medium Poster
  • Chatbox Spammer
  • Really Too Kind
  • Rebel of Rogue

Female Loveliness : 16

PostSubject: Re: Grande Tourney of Kaionar :: Non-Dragons   Grande Tourney of Kaionar :: Non-Dragons - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun Oct 07, 2012 5:50 pm

As soon as she stepped into the arena, the smell of the sea-breeze hit Eliza and almost took her breath away. They were kidding: a real ocean? That was perfect – so much better than the ice she had missed out on in the last round. She looked around, noticing the wide columns quickly, and leaped onto the nearest dry one. She didn't want to give away her advantage with the terrain just yet – that was going to be a surprise attack. Of course, the waves lapped near her toes, turning them blue and pointed, but she managed to avoid the water well enough to stop them changing into fully-formed fins. Her bare feet probably just looked cold from a distance.

She was dressed in plate armour, with her white dress underneath, but stripped away what armour she could afford to lose so that she could swim properly. That left her with a chest plate and her wrist bracers, her dress (which wasn’t optional), and the thin pair of leggings she wore to keep her decent in case of sudden winds. There, nothing that could sink her, or that wouldn’t stretch. Now she just needed an opponent. She had her short sword at her hip, but her real weapon would be her teeth, once she got close enough. As a sylph, she needed to feed on something living regularly, and she hadn’t had much success in the smaller villages lately so she was starving. She was pretty sure that her opponents (she knew there would be two) would have a hard time attacking her if they had lost even a small portion of their life energy. Oh she had struck it lucky with this terrain, and was confident about the battle ahead of her.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Grande Tourney of Kaionar :: Non-Dragons   Grande Tourney of Kaionar :: Non-Dragons - Page 4 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Grande Tourney of Kaionar :: Non-Dragons
Page 4 of 9Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next