Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Gotta catch 'em all (Tegan and Tajy)

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Taj
Taj

Things that I am :
  • Alarmingly Excellent
  • Dragon Hoarder
  • Troll
  • Long Poster
  • Medium Poster

Female Loveliness : 12

Gotta catch 'em all (Tegan and Tajy) Empty
PostSubject: Gotta catch 'em all (Tegan and Tajy)   Gotta catch 'em all (Tegan and Tajy) Icon_minitimeWed Apr 25, 2012 4:19 am

Plot: The last month or two dragons have been taken from their dens, and homes but why? Dragon fighting is something of a rare sport in Dragons Cove and not heard of. But this group of fanatics wrangle wild dragons and force them to fight. (Similar to dog fights but with dragons!) So what happens when two dragons decide they've had enough?

Time: Middle of summer, time of day is early morning on the west coast of dragons cove. North of Racksom.

Last edited by Taj on Wed Apr 25, 2012 6:57 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Taj
Taj

Things that I am :
  • Alarmingly Excellent
  • Dragon Hoarder
  • Troll
  • Long Poster
  • Medium Poster

PostSubject: Re: Gotta catch 'em all (Tegan and Tajy)   Gotta catch 'em all (Tegan and Tajy) Icon_minitimeWed Apr 25, 2012 6:06 pm

A morning summer storm was rolling in as the sun was just peaking off the horizon. Aosen woke to the smell of the storm coming off of the sea and stretched her limbs in all directions around the cave. She was a lightning dragon and living on the coast gave her ample chances to fly in the worst of storms rolling in from the ocean and feed off of the energy that nature provided. She planned to hunt this day for food but with a storm coming in there was little chance that much in the way of prey was out and about. As she stood, Aosen stretched her long, lightning streaked wings before tucking them in close to her body. As she began to walk out of the mouth of the cave, Aosen froze on the spot. She picked her snout up and sniffed the air carefully before picking up the scent of humans. How had she not noticed before this?

A low growl rolled in her belly in warning to the small humans outside of her cave but their scent got no further away, only closer. Within minutes two human males stood at the entrance of her cave and a third who held their hands firmly in front of them.

“Oooh, look at this one! She is a good size too! Good job brother!” One of the humans said to another. For the most part, Aosen could understand human dialect and they were talking as if they had caught a deer or something. Confused but not really wanting to take chances, Aosen called on the powers of lightning. The cave began to crackle with power but the humans didn’t seem scared at all. Putting a bit more energy into it, Aosen shot a bolt of lightning at the mouth of the cave. To her astonishment, it hit an invisible wall.

“You are only going to have a few seconds for this, do you have everything ready?” The human with his hands in the air asked the other two.

“Yeah yeah.” Said the one with yellow hair.

The one holding his hands up made a small movement and before Aosen could even figure out what that meant the other two humans were in her home and rushing towards her. Shooting several lightning bolts at them hardly did much good as they jumped around it like monkeys! Soon enough both males were on either side of her and throwing some sort of rope around her neck. Instantly she felt power drain from her once powerful body.

“This magic rope really does the trick!” One of them said before leaping in front of Aosen. “Now, let’s get you to your new home.” He said, turning towards Aosen.
Back to top Go down
Tegan
Experienced Roleplayer
Tegan

Things that I am :
  • ME Meercat
  • SR Salamander
  • DDC Dingo

Female Loveliness : 8
Location : In the meadow with the Cherry Blossom and the Willow Tree. ^^

PostSubject: Re: Gotta catch 'em all (Tegan and Tajy)   Gotta catch 'em all (Tegan and Tajy) Icon_minitimeWed Apr 25, 2012 7:56 pm

Tatsu was exhausted. The lifeblood had been flying all night looking for a good enough place to land and get away from those crazy people. Everyone of those that were sick wanted a piece of his fur, believing it to hold some kind of amazing quality. The life blood's eyes drooped as the noise of a storm in the distance alerted him to just how far he'd flown. Tatsu looked out at the coast and gently glided down to the earth below. He circled around a clear look stream and landed next to it.

Putting his muzzle into the cool liquid, the dragon swallowed as much as he could quickly. He didn't notice how thirsty he was. He'd been too busy thinking about how tired he was. Curling his tail up, the tip of it brushed against his back. Since he'd grown up a bit, he was starting to dislike humans. They always wanted something from him. Healing mostly. Else they wanted some of his fur for luck. The life blood folded his white and red wings to his sides and sat back on his hunches. He may have grown up, but he still acted much like a dog at times. Of course, with as much fur as he had, the fluffy dragon sometimes felt like a dog as well.

There was a crunching behind him, and wearily Tatsu turned his head to look who was there. Blinking, the dragon was a little surprised to see a young female girl. Was she lost? His ears perked in curiousity as he stepped forwards to meet her. He gave a soft welcoming whimper of a noise to show he wasn't going to hurt her. But her expression, it threw him off. She looked scared, until he was close enough. Then she smirked dangerously and Tatsu rew back in alarm. His tail lashed out behind him, and he flared his wings. His lips drew back in a snarl, but the human drew some kind of rope and wielded it well enough to muzzle him. He was caught off guard as she wasted no time in hold him still. More noise behind him alerted the dragon to other humans. He sniffed the air and his heart sank. What was happening?

"You friendly dragons are always too easy. Can't wait to see how you break," said the young female in a particularly cold voice. "Let's meet up with the others and get this one loaded to head home." She tugged on the rope, and the Tatsu had no choice but to follow. He didn't have the energy to resist them. He was already so exhausted.
Back to top Go down
Taj
Taj

Things that I am :
  • Alarmingly Excellent
  • Dragon Hoarder
  • Troll
  • Long Poster
  • Medium Poster

PostSubject: Re: Gotta catch 'em all (Tegan and Tajy)   Gotta catch 'em all (Tegan and Tajy) Icon_minitimeThu Apr 26, 2012 4:08 am

Aosen was forced to walk many miles before the humans stopped at something close to a pier. She was out of energy and while normally she enjoyed the rain soaking her body, this day she simply wanted nothing to do with it. Aosen the lightning dragon had been captured by humans. Humans! And it seemed like little effort on their part as well. Damn them. Her tailed twitched back and forth in agitation as she stood where her captors held her.

The yellow haired human turned to the man who had created the barrier before and began to talk. “I’m going to go meet with the other group, see what they brought in before we catch the boat out to the island. Make sure you don’t let the dragon get away. We need fresh ones for combat or they all will end up dying on us.” The man said with a slight sigh, as if he were talking about an easily broken toy.

“Just don’t catch anything bigger than this, Tyof, next thing you know they will over power us.” The wizard said with a nervous glance to the lightning dragon. Normally they stuck to the smaller, more docile breeds but no Tyof wanted this one.

“Don’t get your robes in a knot, Cerin. Just keep an eye on it with Ike and I’m sure it’ll be fine.” The young man grinned at the two before sprinting off down the pier. They had all agreed to meet just past an abandoned tavern facing the docks and there Tyof waited in anticipation as to what they managed to get.
Back to top Go down
Tegan
Experienced Roleplayer
Tegan

Things that I am :
  • ME Meercat
  • SR Salamander
  • DDC Dingo

PostSubject: Re: Gotta catch 'em all (Tegan and Tajy)   Gotta catch 'em all (Tegan and Tajy) Icon_minitimeSat Apr 28, 2012 5:11 am

Tatsu was too tired to resist. Or even pay much attention to the conversations between the humans. He could speak their language well enough to understand it all, and even speak back if he wanted. Although, through the years he'd reverted to solely speaking dragon. He didn't like how the humans treated him, so he stopped treating them with respect and treated them how they treated him. Still, he picked up on tidbits as he half listened. Like the fact that the young girl seemed in charge of this band of three. Her name being Callwyn, but mostly they called her Cal. Every once in a while they used her full name, when saying things like "Yes Ma'am Callwyn," but her nickname stuck.

The other two humans were less interesting to Tatsu. Or at least, they came off as such. The male of the group was older than Callwyn, but not as old as the female who trailed them. His name was Keltei, and he walked around with some kind of strange smell and long cylinder tube on his back. What alerted Tatsu wasn't just the scent. It was the points of needled on darts he could see on a band across the man's torso. Like Cal, he had dark brown hair. But while she had icy cold blue eyes, his were more mossy green. The older female was harder to read. They didn't address her too much, which was how Tatsu finally did figure out her name. They called the women Belldge. It was a strange name for a human female, and it took Tatsu a couple minutes to realize who the humans meant with that. She was nervous around him, and kept whispering things under her breath. He wasn't entirely sure what she was doing, but he was so sleepy. Had he been getting more and more so?

Finally they reached a clearing and Keltei turned to Callwyn. "Where exactly are we going to meet with them, and are we anywhere close?" His voice wasn't as pleasing to listen to, not at all. They all spoke with gruff voices, even the females. There was no kindness or compassion in them at all. They paused for just a moment, and Tatsu took his chance to shake his drenched body. His fur was heavy when it was soaked in rain. Of course, this got the humans more wet, which made Cal angry. She ripped at the rope, tightening it around his mouth. By now she had his wings tied, and it painfully yanked on them as well. He growled, but when she threatened again, he knew better than to test her. They were in charge now. But what would happened to him?

"It's this way," Callwyn said easily as she started walking again. Tatsu forced to follow once more. They walked a little longer, getting closer to the way of the water, Tatsu unhappy, drenched, and exhausted. Callwyn called out a greeting when yet another human came into sight. Tatsu was amazed by how these humans weren't some dragon's lunch yet. And he was contemplating making them his if he could just break free. This human had yellowish hair, and Cal hurried over to him, forcing Tatsu to keep pace a long the way. The other of this group followed respectfully. Tatsu got the impression these two humans were important to the group, but Call showed obedience to this blonde haired man. "Greetings Tyof. Look what I got me here. A fine Life Blood for our games."
Back to top Go down
Taj
Taj

Things that I am :
  • Alarmingly Excellent
  • Dragon Hoarder
  • Troll
  • Long Poster
  • Medium Poster

PostSubject: Re: Gotta catch 'em all (Tegan and Tajy)   Gotta catch 'em all (Tegan and Tajy) Icon_minitimeSat Apr 28, 2012 5:53 am

Tyof waited in the rain, making sure to stay in the open for when the other group was supposed to meet with him. When he finally saw Cal come into his line of vision he waved his arms in a greeting before she came up to him. His eyes darted to the dragon they had with them however. He whistled, pleased by their catch. "Good job Cal! It's in pretty good shape too. Not too happy looking of a fellow is he?" The man grinned in an almost good natured way towards the woman. "Aw, that's fine though, wait till you see what we have. We outdid ourselves this time!" Tyof said and walked with Cal and her group back towards where he had left his friends and Aosen.

As they came up to the group, Tyof wanted to announce his catch before they could figure out what kind of dragon it was. "See 'er? A lightning dragon that one is!" He said, nearly jumping for joy. "Caught in her cave, and it made it so much easier that way!" Once they got up closer, he went up to Aosen and patted her side roughly. "Isn't she pretty?"

Aosen on the other hand growled deeply when Tyof touched her but it didn't seem to phase him. The wizard had great control over the magic containing her powers and holding back her energy. Her eyes landed on Tatsu however and she stared for a long moment. She wanted to say something to the lifeblood, but what could she? Oh, this sucks, doesn't? Yeah that would go over well.

Tyof took the rope from the other human of his group. He was quiet the entire time he had been with Aosen, nearly holing on the rope in almost a gentle fashion. The only words he had said to her was 'Don't fight me and I won't fight you.' He was a man of medium build but he had been fast in the cave. His dark black nearly blue hair was short and his eyes were a deep blue color. Aosen wasn't sure he was entirely human but his scent was unfamiliar to her.

"Alright, let's get these guys on the boat! We have a match set up for both of them tonight and my guess is they won't last long if they fight anything like they did when caught." He laughed shortly, walking his dragon to the boat and waiting for Cal and her group before setting off to the island.

Once on the large lake, Tyof turned to Cal, "So, how'dja catch this one?" He asked in a curious manner.
Back to top Go down
Tegan
Experienced Roleplayer
Tegan

Things that I am :
  • ME Meercat
  • SR Salamander
  • DDC Dingo

PostSubject: Re: Gotta catch 'em all (Tegan and Tajy)   Gotta catch 'em all (Tegan and Tajy) Icon_minitimeThu May 03, 2012 3:28 am

Tatsu's ears twitched as he listened to the human's exchange. This female, Cal, seemed rather pleased with herself, but Tatsu had to growl when the man pointed him out. He didn't like this at all. What did they mean? They outdid there-selves? For what? He knew he'd find out, and that asking all these questions was a waste of time, but still... He wanted to know now, not later. They started to walk again, and he seriously considered trying to push himself to break free by taking this female out. He'd learned a lot since he was little. Like how to block blood flow, how to accelerate it. How to redirect it. All of the little things that he could use against humans and dragons a like. That that he'd tried it too often. He was a pacifist naturally.

Callwyn's eyes glowed when she made out the dragon that Tyof pointed out. "Damn, you blow mine out of the water once more," she said a little disappointed, but not hiding the teasing in her tone. Dragons were dragons, but that didn't stop her from trying to make a game out of catching them for the big games. "Before long we can trap Guardians and get them to fight," she said laughing and tossing a glance towards Cerin. She knew how nervous the hunting made him. Though it was rather amusing to her. The wizard had all the magic, and yet dragons scared him. "I'd still like to get my hands on a rarer breed, and see how those fight," she added wistfully.

Tatsu's eyes were on the other dragon, and sadness hit him. He was starting to understand. This was his first encounter with hunters. They were the prey, no longer the predators. He growled darkly as his eyes scanned the large group of humans briefly. He wasn't sure how they took it, but he didn't care either. He returned his eyes to the lightning storm as he let the growl die down to nothing. He was too tired to put up a fight, or use his magic. He was no help at the moment. Cal pulled on the rope, and he was forced to walk, following that male, Tyof, and the other dragon. Where were they going?

Once Cal got the lifeblood onto the boat, she returned to Tyof. She looked over to him as he asked her how she caught her dragon. "Simple," she said with a smirk. "He landed in front of me, and I gave him the little lost eyes," she explained. She turned those pleading lost eyes on Tyof with a smirk that completely ruined the soft childlike look. "He didn't put up much of a fight. Probably too tired. At first I thought he was sick, but when he realized what I was doing, he perked up a bit." She mauled something over for a moment. "Honestly, he was the easiest dragon I've ever caught. I expected at least some kind of fight. Hope he doesn't get killed too quickly in the rings. A life blood would be worth a lot of money to sell, though. So would yours. So how did you track her down?"
Back to top Go down
Taj
Taj

Things that I am :
  • Alarmingly Excellent
  • Dragon Hoarder
  • Troll
  • Long Poster
  • Medium Poster

PostSubject: Re: Gotta catch 'em all (Tegan and Tajy)   Gotta catch 'em all (Tegan and Tajy) Icon_minitimeSat Jun 02, 2012 7:01 pm

Tyof listened to Cal's tale with a disbelieving look on his face. Any thoughts on Lifebloods that he previously had was wiped from his mind, how disappointing. "Far too trusting of creatures if you ask me...though I'm not complaining. Don't try that sweet look on me though, Cal, I know your true nature." He said with a wink before looking back at Aosen at her question. "I watched her patterns for a few days, taking care to note when she was sleeping and while she was backed into the cave we went after her." He shrugged his broad shoulders as if he were simply catching a butterfly.

"Cerin here did all the work until then." He grinned back at the nervous wizard. "Poor man, probably peed himself." He had a god laugh before looking out on the island with some amount of happiness. "You know, these dragons might get us some fame, Cal. Finally some recognition as hunters." He spoke as if he were talking about a far away dream that was always out of reach. And it was. No matter what he dragged in, no matter his young age, some other group brought in something to trump him. But this time? What could beat the Lightning dragon? He hoped nothing.

"Tyof, I have good reason to fear these things. If there is just one slip u-" Tyof stopped Cerins well meaning speech with a dark glare over his shoulder.

"Enough, Cerin, do you distrust my judgement so much?" The man growled, suddenly in a foul mood that he felt his leadership was being tested.

"No, no!" The wizard denied quickly, "You know me, Tyof...I'm just nervous after what happened to my brother." He remarked and then quickly moved away from the hostile man. Tyof turned himself back towards the sea with an annoyed sigh.

Aosen however watched the exchange with some amount of interest. These humans has a leader it seemed, or at least one that scared them. That wasn't so unlike the animals or beasts that roamed that land. Except these ones had magic, whatever that little human wizard feared from her was unknown to the currently powerless human. Aosen turned to the lifeblood and turned to her metal link. "I am called Aosen. And you, lifeblood?"
Back to top Go down
Tegan
Experienced Roleplayer
Tegan

Things that I am :
  • ME Meercat
  • SR Salamander
  • DDC Dingo

PostSubject: Re: Gotta catch 'em all (Tegan and Tajy)   Gotta catch 'em all (Tegan and Tajy) Icon_minitimeTue Jun 26, 2012 3:23 am

Cal sighed as she looked back at the two dragons. "You know, you might be right. They are pretty much rare breeds to bring into the ring anyways." She was quiet then. "If this sport gets big enough, one day we ought to team our groups up and try for something bigger, something better," she mused. Her mind was on probably one of the more difficult dragons to drag in. "Something like a Clubtail would be really fun to watch. We'd have to do three on one for that match up though." She laughed quietly to herself. She tended to think big, but her ambition always seemed to get the best of her. She knew bringing on a beast like that would be close to impossible.

Her attention flickered to the nervous wizard when he and Tyof got into a small argument. She watched the exchange with mild amusement. Her own group was being awfully quiet, and she had to peer back at them to see what they were up to. Seemed a small game of cards. She rolled her eyes and returned her look to the water. "Some day, I'd love to stick it to Froh's group. Bring in something better than him. Everyone worships that man, and it's sickening to watch." She spit into the water when she finished, clearly showing her dislike for Froh.

Tatsu was taking everything in. The humans, the exchanges, the way they spoke to each other. He had knowledge of human interactions, he used to be able to speak their language. That skill he'd let die when he was older though. He was no longer interested in humans and their ways. Of course, right now, he had no choice but to be interested. Everything was happening so fast, and he was trying to understand where exactly him and the lightning storm were being taken. He watched a small group of the humans playing with paper, and he remembered they were cards. Then his eyes flickered to the water, trying to decide where they were heading. Once he'd given up on that he was surprised to feel his mind brushed with a bond.

Turning his head he looked back to the other dragon. He hadn't exactly wanted to talk to her at first. Unsure of how she'd take to him trying to start a conversation in the midst of this, so he was glad that she'd opened up to him first. It made him a little bit more at ease being so near her. "My name is Tatsu," he said blinking. "Under any other circumstance I'd say it's nice to meet you, but currently I can't think of any worse way to meet someone. Any idea what exactly is going on? I thought hunters killed on sight." Well, that hadn't exactly been the best greeting and introduction, but in this situation it was the best Tatsu had. After all, they were prisoners of humans forced onto a boat. What a way to meet someone.
Back to top Go down
Taj
Taj

Things that I am :
  • Alarmingly Excellent
  • Dragon Hoarder
  • Troll
  • Long Poster
  • Medium Poster

PostSubject: Re: Gotta catch 'em all (Tegan and Tajy)   Gotta catch 'em all (Tegan and Tajy) Icon_minitimeTue Sep 18, 2012 6:40 pm

Tyof sighed ever so slightly, "I hear ya there. I don't know how he brings in some of the larger breeds but we will get him some day." He looked to the island. He struggled just to live on this island, he was born and raised with dragon hunters. Yet it never once was a happy family experience. He had no idea where his parents were and he was beaten daily as a child. Until he was strong enough to finally fight back. He had a wicked scar across his back and two long scars down the back of his arm from when he was thrown in the ring with a small, yet fierce dragon that nearly killed him.

He might have left the island once older but he stayed for his team and ended up spending the last five years hunting dragons. It was as much of a prison as it was home. The rest of his team had similar fates as he, being born onto the hunters and left to fend on their own.

Aosen shook her head to Tatsus' question. "I've never come across human hunters who do not try to kill..." And that fact alone made the female dragon even more nervous. If the two legged creatures had the confidence not to kill the both of them then it told her they weren't the first. Her tail twitched in agitation.

"We will be at the island soon, ensure the ropes are secured on your dragons before we dock." Tyof said as they prepared to land on the island.
Back to top Go down
Tegan
Experienced Roleplayer
Tegan

Things that I am :
  • ME Meercat
  • SR Salamander
  • DDC Dingo

PostSubject: Re: Gotta catch 'em all (Tegan and Tajy)   Gotta catch 'em all (Tegan and Tajy) Icon_minitimeMon Feb 11, 2013 11:43 pm

Cal scuffed. “One day. One day he gets put in his place. Until then, these two will have to do,” she said softly. The sentence was more to herself than to Tyof, but she had to brush her feelings aside for now. Eyes flickering back to the man she spoke to, she followed his gaze out to the island. Cal didn’t like this place any more than anyone on this boat did, or would. No one had had an easy time of growing up, and personally, she hated this place. However, she loved what she did, and as such, it meant she had to deal with where she lived as well. Cal also didn’t like to think much of her past. She didn’t like to dwell on details like that.

So why didn’t she leave? Cal had stayed out of enjoyment for what she did now, and also because where else was she going to go? It wasn’t like many towns welcomed hunters such as she was. She didn’t have many options, and she’d made friends with her team as well. Not that they were that close, but when you joined together to hunt some of the most dangerous creatures around, you tended to create an almost family like bond. Almost family. Cal was cold blooded enough to allow her team to die, if it meant she lived. Survival of the fittest, right?

Tatsu shivered when he received Aosen’s reply. If these people weren’t hunters, then what was going on? They weren’t killing right away at all, so then what was to come. Tatsu’s fur stood on edge along his back. His head hurt, and he was weak. Still, he made an effort to look around some more. His eyes caught sight of their destination. “We’re heading towards an island,” he said looking back to Aosen. “I don’t know this is-“ Tatsu was cut off as the humans approached. He growled darkly, but they didn’t show any fear. Honestly, he had the feeling he was more terrified of them than they were of him. Great.

“You heard the man,” Cal called to her own team. Glad to see they’d already started to move. Her team knew the drill, and they moved around the Life Blood Dragon with ease. Never once putting themselves in a position where the Life Blood would be able to play any kind of trick. As soon as the ropes were checked, the boat started to boat, and soon they’d be pressed up against the peer. “You should go first,” Cal said to Tyof. “This one doesn’t like to move real fast, and yours seems to have a lot of spunk.”
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Gotta catch 'em all (Tegan and Tajy)   Gotta catch 'em all (Tegan and Tajy) Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Gotta catch 'em all (Tegan and Tajy)
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Non-Canon RolePlay :: Roleplaying Archives-
Jump to: