Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

A Game of Cat and Mouse ((Echo/Aero))

Go down 
2 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Aero
Aero

Things that I am :
  • ME Meercat
  • Alarmingly Excellent
  • Dragon Hoarder
  • Gold Hoarder
  • Troll
  • Medium Poster
  • Chatbox Spammer
  • Rebel of Rogue

Female Loveliness : 25

A Game of Cat and Mouse ((Echo/Aero)) - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: A Game of Cat and Mouse ((Echo/Aero))   A Game of Cat and Mouse ((Echo/Aero)) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 04, 2014 4:53 pm

He had been napping. "Had" being the key word.

Sill-Vitas enjoyed his afternoon naps just outside of the harsh glare of the sun, soaking in the warmth of the desert he called home and wasting his time between the brief flurries of frantic trouble-making and the adrenaline laced moments where the desert races consumed his thoughts. His little back-water home nestled amongst the sands contained more memories than practical use for the sometimes-brigand turned athlete, and it's not like Jiluria was far away for someone that could run as fast as he did.

Race day was over for now, to be resumed in a few weeks when everyone had recovered enough of their wallet to want to bet on the stacked odds again and luck out enough to win coin from rigged matches. Sill-Vitas didn't always win his races, but he could if his own well-being weren't riding on losing at the last second. He snorted at the very thought, standing from his relaxed position underneath a canopy of fine fabric colored in the riot of a victor that knew how to spend his money on fine things.

Letting loose a great yawn that showed all his teeth, Sill-Vitas stretched, his back arched and shook himself afterwards, the chains connecting the hoops in his ears jingling musically. Looking around his little dwelling full of comforts, he sniffed, stuck his head through a scarf that was the light green of prairie grass and trotted out into the brightness of the desert sun. Blinking in the brightness, he shifted his paws against the burning ground, his legs itching for a good run and his belly grumbling with hunger. The town was an unsatisfying jog along the ridge of a couple of dunes, but Sill wasn't quite in the mood just yet to take a long run through the desert. He would wait until nightfall for that before giving his fleet feet leave to take him where they would.

Arriving presently in the town square, Sill-Vitas followed his nose, tracking down what smelled like a good cut of meat and deciding wether he felt like buying it or taking it today. Most of the two-leggeds in the city avoided him, knowing that this horse-sized dragon would have no qualms about stepping on them. Other dragons had come as well to this little backwater town and Sill-Vitas tipped his head to some, passing cordial greetings to those deserving of them and ignoring others who also seemed deserving.

Just as he was nearing his favorite meat stand (he didn't steal from this one; the proprietor really did have the best meat in the city) he caught sight of a familiar pelt. Sill-Vitas has spent many a year hoping that his long time friend would appear out of the desert one day, back from her various travels across the lands. But as they years had passed and every Desert Chaser to set foot in this little spit of a nothing town, his hope had diminished. He almost didn't spare this new Chaser a second glance, determining before he even looked hard enough that it couldn't be Suji, but something caught his attention. Maybe it was her gait, or the pattern of her coat, but he looked a second time and held his breath with surprise.

"Suji?"
Back to top Go down
http://seroph.deviantart.com/
Echo
Experienced Roleplayer
Echo

Things that I am :
  • Dragon Hoarder
  • Short Poster
  • Platypus
  • Chatbox Spammer
  • Rebel of Rogue

Male Loveliness : 14

PostSubject: Re: A Game of Cat and Mouse ((Echo/Aero))   A Game of Cat and Mouse ((Echo/Aero)) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 25, 2014 2:58 am

The desert chaser could barely keep her grin in check, eying up the shade runner that stood before her. It was Sill, all right; He may have grown into his features, but there was no mistaking his face, confident and tireless. She gave him a smirk and tilted her head, looking at the chains in his ears. "What are those? Don't tell me you got handles." She laughed and move to stand next to him, swatting him lightly with her tail. "You're looking good. Still up to your old tricks, or are you actually doing something now? Let me guess, you're a... a baker."

Honestly, he looked amazing. His fur was sleek and clean and, though it disguised them well, she could tell his legs packed some real power. What he did it was anyone's guess, but judging by the fact that he wasn't in jail, he wasn't getting into too much trouble. Probably just the right amount of it.
Back to top Go down
Aero
Aero

Things that I am :
  • ME Meercat
  • Alarmingly Excellent
  • Dragon Hoarder
  • Gold Hoarder
  • Troll
  • Medium Poster
  • Chatbox Spammer
  • Rebel of Rogue

PostSubject: Re: A Game of Cat and Mouse ((Echo/Aero))   A Game of Cat and Mouse ((Echo/Aero)) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 06, 2014 6:31 pm

"Gods, it really is you!" Sill trotted a little to meet her half way, cocking his head from side to side to get a good look at the all-grown-up version of his childhood friend. A lot had changed since they'd had to go their separate ways, but it was still Suji, all right. Grown into her paws and her ears now, she struck quite the impressive figure. Her work as a transport dragon had definitely done her justice, to say the least of it. Tuning back into the conversation, he snorted at her commentary and gave her a good natured shove with his shoulder, walking around her briefly so that they stood side by side again. "No, I am not a baker, and no these are not handles." Sill twitched his ears for dramatic effect, the rings tinkling together. "I'm a racer down at the tracks in Jiluria these days. You still up to your old business of carting humans around? Whatever you're doing, keep doing it. You look fast." Which was a high compliment, coming from one of the fastest dragons in the area.
Back to top Go down
Echo
Experienced Roleplayer
Echo

Things that I am :
  • Dragon Hoarder
  • Short Poster
  • Platypus
  • Chatbox Spammer
  • Rebel of Rogue

Male Loveliness : 14

PostSubject: Re: A Game of Cat and Mouse ((Echo/Aero))   A Game of Cat and Mouse ((Echo/Aero)) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 26, 2014 5:00 pm

She laughed a little at his wiggling ears, goofing around. At least he still had his silly sense of humor, though she doubted that they were just for goofing around. It helped draw attention to him, something she knows he always wants.

"Of course I look fast to you, what do you race, turtles?" She swatted him lightly with her tail, grinning. "You'll have to show me how hard you can run. How about a quick jaunt through the desert, for old time's sake? That is, if you're up to it." She really didn't think he could beat her. Sill may be in the business of doing laps, but she'd been going across the continent for years now with little rest. He may go quicker, but she had distance down pat.
Back to top Go down
Aero
Aero

Things that I am :
  • ME Meercat
  • Alarmingly Excellent
  • Dragon Hoarder
  • Gold Hoarder
  • Troll
  • Medium Poster
  • Chatbox Spammer
  • Rebel of Rogue

PostSubject: Re: A Game of Cat and Mouse ((Echo/Aero))   A Game of Cat and Mouse ((Echo/Aero)) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 22, 2014 4:44 pm

As a younger dragon, Sill would have flown off the handle at any perceived slighted to the fleetness of his feet. However, he'd been around the track for a while, and his fellow racers often indulged in trash talking each other before and after races. "Turtles? Ha! They might as well be!" Sill chuckled, puffing himself up proudly. But he sensed Suji's challenge, and being who he was, Sill could hardly resist a challenge. "Careful you don't strain something trying to keep up with me, girly." His gait bounced as he trotted forward with a swish of his tails, the chains in his ears tinkling musically. "But before we put your leg work to the test, let me show you around town, huh? I bet you've seen some things these past few years that I'd be interested in hearing."
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: A Game of Cat and Mouse ((Echo/Aero))   A Game of Cat and Mouse ((Echo/Aero)) - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

A Game of Cat and Mouse ((Echo/Aero))
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2