Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

It's What I Had Down On Paper

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Eldarwen
Admin
Eldarwen

Things that I am :
  • Alarmingly Excellent
  • Minion of Monty
  • Thrall of Zay

Female Loveliness : 68

It's What I Had Down On Paper Empty
PostSubject: It's What I Had Down On Paper   It's What I Had Down On Paper Icon_minitimeFri Aug 02, 2013 12:16 pm

The idea for this roleplay originates with PhoenixSpirit. I am merely providing a setting for ease of slipping into the adventures to come.
Come one, come all, especially those who are small.
The roleplay will be designed specifically to accommodate the dragons of a more delicate size.

The library of Didienne had been established many, many years ago, hewn straight into the stone of the Shayenne cliffs in a portrayal of extraordinary craftsmanship and overlooking the world beyond. Its entrance was composed of two enormous obsidian doors with the most intricate carvings to exist on the island of Dragons’ Cove. The gate, framed by similar decorations hewn into the cliffs, was crafted to be big enough to let even Guardian Dragon’s enter its halls, with several gradually smaller openings for other sizes of dragons, with even a very tiny door for the scroll dragons to use.

If the outside of the library was already impressive, then the inside was utterly breathtaking. Halls upon halls filled with shelves upon shelves of books, parchments and scrolls of varying sizes, age and colourings. Amongst many others, there were accounts of previous high council members, biographies of simple village people, histories on dragons, explanations of flora and fauna. Numerous workers were busily running through the library at all times, and no matter what the time of day, there were always a few visitors as well.

Light was provided by numerous enchanted lanterns, happily provided by the students of the magic academy, as well as by well-experienced mages. Throughout the years, the number of lamps had increased incredibly and they produced light almost as bright as the sunshine outdoors.

The halls themselves were of varying sizes so as not all to be overly intimidating to the smaller species but they were all equally fascinating. Railings separated the bottom floor from the above stories, all worked just as intricately and with love for details as the entrance gate, and there were study niches provided at regular intervals. The love for art and the written word was plain in every step one took within the walls of the library.

And it is in these halls, in this library, that our adventure shall begin.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: It's What I Had Down On Paper   It's What I Had Down On Paper Icon_minitimeFri Aug 02, 2013 2:40 pm

A midst the beauty of the library, there was a attic tucked away in the highest heights of the library cove. In this attic was a number of hidden artifacts, dusty furnishings; hidden gems, however this was not quite as intriguing as the tiny fellow who was flicking through pages of a battered old Library book. The little creature was a Scroll dragon, using his spare time to catch up on his interests. What was so magical about this Dragon was that when he read interesting or useful spells, incantations or valuable information, what he read appeared as notes beneath his wings - handy for any sorcerer that had one of these as a pet. He seemed to have found what he was looking for and with that he closed the book abruptly; dust trailing of the ends. He began to take flight, grasping the old tattered book within his paper claws; surely he couldn't pick up such a heavy item? How wrong one could be. He exited the attic and began to spiral towards the direction the book came from, altering the angle of his wings to approach the shelf with ease.

"It's about time I found what I was looking for, trying to find anything in this place is hard work and very time consuming" The Scroll told himself.
He gracefully started to hover, transferring the book from claw to tail, placing the book neatly upon the desired shelf. The little Scroll dragon made his way toward what appeared to be a drawing room, carefully weaving through the floating lanterns above. His speed was exemplary to all dragons, being made of paper also had its advantages and he eagerly managed to get from A to B in a matter of moments.

At the door of the drawing room were twin stone dragon statues that appeared to guard the room from intruders; it was a very special room and had the finest of furnishings as well as a selection of very well-looked after books. The dragon landed upon the table, you could faintly hear the folds of the paper that made up his body, shift and alternate. He began to read upon his notes that appeared underneath his left wing. There were noises of people walking up and down the library, faint talking and so on but not as noticeable as the sense of dragons nearby.
Back to top Go down
Eliza
Eliza

Things that I am :
  • Gold Hoarder
  • Medium Poster
  • Really Too Kind
  • Thrall of Zay
  • Rebel of Rogue

Female Loveliness : 8

PostSubject: Re: It's What I Had Down On Paper   It's What I Had Down On Paper Icon_minitimeFri Aug 02, 2013 4:04 pm

What on earth was she doing in a library...? Ah well it was better than braving the outside world for a bit, everyone was here to read these bound paper things they called books. There were a few dragons mingled in with the two legs and it was a wonder the humans weren't skeletons on the floor, but she had to remember that she wasn't in ME territory, nor was she in danger of being hurt. Just being cuddled and studied by curious scholars. She tried hiding by a scroll dragon and shook a little. "How is it you stand being around so many humans? They don't seem to want to leave us alone!" Having humans try to hold and pet her was plain unnerving! "Where did Dyavol wander off to, he's going to get into serious trouble." she muttered worriedly. She sniffed around the large wooden table and curled up looking half terrified. "I need to find him so we can get out of here as soon as possible...!"
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: It's What I Had Down On Paper   It's What I Had Down On Paper Icon_minitimeFri Aug 02, 2013 4:40 pm

The scroll dragon looked up slightly to notice the dragon that had entered, curling up in worried awareness of the humans that inhabited the library. "On the Contrary, I was created to serve humans as well as protect this place, a matter of worrying about the affection of humans is none of my concern, especially when one is made of scroll and paper" He told the Dragon, unaware of the feelings of love or affection from that of the two legged beings that were humans. "The rewards for good service is always pleasing though I must admit, but that isn't as important as what I wish to do" The scroll finished, covering his wing from the writing and alternating his form to fit best. He changed his tone slightly, figuring he could help the Dragon find her way to her aforementioned friend.

"Forgive me, are you lost? Is there anything I can do to help?" He flew to her side floating in mid air to receive her answer.

Last edited by PhoenixSpirit on Fri Aug 02, 2013 4:42 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Stormkatz
Stormkatz

Things that I am :
  • ME Meercat
  • DDC Dingo
  • "Nice Girl"
  • Troll
  • Medium Poster
  • Chatbox Spammer
  • Really Too Kind
  • Rebel of Rogue

Female Loveliness : 16

PostSubject: Re: It's What I Had Down On Paper   It's What I Had Down On Paper Icon_minitimeFri Aug 02, 2013 4:41 pm

What was this place? Dyavol had never seen so much carved stone before in his life. He wasn’t as naturally curious as many dragons, but the line of doors of various sized had caught his attention. The one on the end was even the right size for a Butterfly dragon, but Dyavol always fancied himself a little larger than that, so he chose to walk through a door a few spaces along, sized more accurately for something like a lash dragon. Once he was inside, however, his interest dropped. A library. Wonderful. He had a personal hatred for scrolls and books, and no interest in the other library users. However, such an interesting set of doors had to be investigated, and besides which he had lost track of where Yrana had gotten to. He felt like he needed to watch over the other butterfly dragon – she would only get herself into trouble on her on, he was convinced.

He fluttered up a level so he didn’t accidentally run into a human, which would be messy and unpleasant all round, and continued towards the back of the library. There were more books there than Dyavol had believed existed… it was astonishing really. He caught sight of something red across the library, and skirted slowly around the edge of the library towards it, assuming the shape was Yrana based in size. He paused when he noticed the scroll dragon near her, keeping a very wary distance. Scroll dragons baffled him, as there was something unnerving about animated paper in his opinion.
Back to top Go down
Rogue
Rogue

Things that I am :
  • Alarmingly Excellent
  • Chatbox Spammer
  • Underling of Eldar

Female Loveliness : 69

PostSubject: Re: It's What I Had Down On Paper   It's What I Had Down On Paper Icon_minitimeFri Aug 09, 2013 7:27 pm

Zack was like a little reading machine, twice as adept for the fact that all his needs could be sated quite easily within the library. He had been there for so long, the librarians had given up trying to enforce any of the normal rules on him- he was made from paper, he knew how to look after books and scrolls and papers. And so, the little dragon was quite free within the Didienne library walls, moreso perhaps than he might have been anywhere else. It was safe and quiet, he could have what he needed and wanted, and most of all, there were hundred upon thousands of different stories to explore.

Today he had picked a reading room to spend his time in, tucked away in a corner where he could use a desk for himself (he did not need much space, just a little bit of tabletop big enough for a book and a stack besides), a small bowl nearby that had once had fruit in, but he had already emptied it for the day. He had thought it would be a nice, quiet place for him to tuck himself away in and study; but he had been wrong.
After what seemed like the shortest of time being there –in fact quite a time, but he lost all track of such things- the silence was disturbed by quiet voices, too far away to be loud, but close enough to disturb his reading with their tonal hissing. He sighed into his book after putting up with it for a short time, taking to the air and putting an upset scowl on his face as he went to find the culprits. Humans and other dragons he might have expected it from, but to see another scroll dragon! Shameful.
“Would you mind, I’m trying to read, and I can’t do it when you’re over here chattering away like schoolgirls!” He fluttered down to perch next to the other dragons, flicking his tail back and forth irritatedly.
Back to top Go down
Eliza
Eliza

Things that I am :
  • Gold Hoarder
  • Medium Poster
  • Really Too Kind
  • Thrall of Zay
  • Rebel of Rogue

PostSubject: Re: It's What I Had Down On Paper   It's What I Had Down On Paper Icon_minitimeFri Aug 09, 2013 8:07 pm

When this other scroll dragon got into a hissy fit Yrana bowed up in self-defense. "Not exactly a huge fan of places like this! Too many humans..." The last part of her statement made her shiver slightly and she looked to Dyavol for a bit of help. This one paper dragon seemed hellbent on making her nervous. "Besides I bet there are plenty of other rooms for you to be in if we're too loud, which I daresay we aren't." Someone dropped something a couple of feet off and she nearly jumped out of her pretty red scales in fear. "Your fellow scroll was trying to help me find someone, but he found us instead, and as far as I know you're the loudest one here. Go nip off and finish your reading we'll be out of your way. Rude piece of folded parchment." she muttered ruffling her wings. "Dyavol shall we venture to try and find our way around this place?"
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: It's What I Had Down On Paper   It's What I Had Down On Paper Icon_minitimeSat Aug 10, 2013 8:49 am

What an odd little paper ball he thought to himself looking up at the fellow with somewhat disgust. One would of thought common curtsy was the way forward regardless of a slight bit of noise. His feelings towards the dragon were somewhat dashed and he could see the scroll was slightly obnoxious, trying to be assertive and not doing a very nice job of it. With all do respect however he sighed and shook off his judgement. The Scroll turned to the Frightened Dragon to notice her friend had safely arrived to collect her. Pleased, he then turned back to the scroll " Forgive us, she didn't plan on being here and the poor dragon is scared and quite rightfully so in such a monstrously large Library. She was simply looking for directions" He scowled back somewhat and continued to finish his speaking as he took flight and landed on top of a lamp; shaking out his tail with a whip like sound. "To what do I owe the pleasure of meeting another scroll?".
Back to top Go down
Stormkatz
Stormkatz

Things that I am :
  • ME Meercat
  • DDC Dingo
  • "Nice Girl"
  • Troll
  • Medium Poster
  • Chatbox Spammer
  • Really Too Kind
  • Rebel of Rogue

Female Loveliness : 16

PostSubject: Re: It's What I Had Down On Paper   It's What I Had Down On Paper Icon_minitimeSat Aug 10, 2013 7:53 pm

Dyavol jumped when Yrana said his name. He had been lurking about four feet away – a reasonable distance when you were smaller than a single page of the thousands of books in the library. However, once he was noticed, he had to join the scene properly. He snook past the new scroll dragon to stand near Yrana, and held himself tall to look a little more threatening while trying not to damage the flooring with the iron pins in his tail. He didn’t think that the second scroll, who had been upset by the sound of whispering, would like him scratching the varnish off the floorboards too much.

“As soon as possible please – and don’t wander off like that any more!” Dyavol hissed under his breath. The quiet in the library felt crushing and oppressive, and their papery companions reminded him of too many rolled up scrolls to let him rest easily.

“We were lost, sorry for disturbing you…” he muttered, unusually timidly. Then, he ruffled his scales as if to leave, waiting patiently for Yrana to follow. However, he had a feeling that they wouldn’t be able to leave the human infested library without at least one conversation with the two scroll dragons – maybe something more tedious still. He really did NOT like libraries…

Back to top Go down
Eliza
Eliza

Things that I am :
  • Gold Hoarder
  • Medium Poster
  • Really Too Kind
  • Thrall of Zay
  • Rebel of Rogue

PostSubject: Re: It's What I Had Down On Paper   It's What I Had Down On Paper Icon_minitimeWed Aug 21, 2013 6:53 pm

"I won't wander off again, I promise." she replied before rustling her wings at the angry scroll dragon. Yrana was starting to feel a bit anxious being around so many humans and heavy objects that could easily crush her, it was more than a good idea to get out of there while she could still move at all. "Go take an ink dip." she hissed. She turned to walk away and ran into a book that was sitting close by, which more than succeeded in disorienting her. "When did things start doubling?" she questioned as she stumbled "forward", her forward being sideways. Somewhere in the back of her mind she wondered why Dyavol was being so timid and submissive, but couldn't understand where it was coming from. In her opinion any dragon she could take down was not to be feared, anything she couldn't take down on her own was to be approached with caution, anything human was to be avoided. Period. "Guess I have twice the stuff to avoid now." she muttered in a dazed tone.
Back to top Go down
Rogue
Rogue

Things that I am :
  • Alarmingly Excellent
  • Chatbox Spammer
  • Underling of Eldar

Female Loveliness : 69

PostSubject: Re: It's What I Had Down On Paper   It's What I Had Down On Paper Icon_minitimeWed Aug 21, 2013 7:45 pm

“If it’s not to your liking, then shouldn’t have come,” Zack said irritatedly, wishing himself back behind his book again. He rolled his eyes a little, then looked to the female butterfly as she shivered a little, drawing his head back to look her up and down. Look, if she didn’t even want to be here, then why did she not just flutter off towards the exit? Surely she must have realised by the time she had gotten this far into the library that it wasn’t her cup of tea and turned around?
Zack was quite a considerate dragon despite his irritation at being disturbed, and to see this one so nervous did make him pause to think after his first words. Everyone had the right to be scared, even if they found in the end it was nothing to be frightened of. He might have gladly continued with his words to point her in the right direction, but then she was suddenly so very rude. No manners! Well, if she was going to be like that, then he would not be trading much kinder words in return.
I hope you and your precious Dyavol lose yourselves in the catacombs of books.

He was somewhat more genial to the other scroll dragon present who was not so quick to assert any first impression of Zack, although still rather unimpressed at his willingness to allow this untrained waif to jabber on as loudly as she liked. Letting the other butterfly take care of his… brood, or whatever she was to him, he turned to the other dragon of his breed and looked him up and down, sitting himself up on his back legs to even the height difference a little.
“I’m working in the library on some old texts. I would say you can join me, but only if you’re quiet about it.” Zack liked to be able to concentrate.
Something the female butterfly seemed incapable of allowing him to do, as she hissed more insults at him, completely uncalled for. He blinked at her a few times for her insolence, then flicked his tail this way and that for his irritation at her, although he was somewhat more careful with his words than she was. No manners.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: It's What I Had Down On Paper   It's What I Had Down On Paper Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

It's What I Had Down On Paper
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Non-Canon RolePlay :: Roleplaying Archives-
Jump to: