Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

The Party Continues (Liz x Eldar)

Go down 
2 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Eldarwen
Admin
Eldarwen

Things that I am :
  • Alarmingly Excellent
  • Minion of Monty
  • Thrall of Zay

Female Loveliness : 68

The Party Continues (Liz x Eldar) Empty
PostSubject: The Party Continues (Liz x Eldar)   The Party Continues (Liz x Eldar) Icon_minitimeMon Dec 29, 2014 10:06 am

So, he was supposed to follow the warning signs in order to find the house. Right.

Del’ure had been taking his time getting to Calaina, some of his other engagements taking a little longer than he had expected, then again, he shouldn’t really have been surprised about that. For some reason, he regularly was though.

There had been a couple warning posts not too far behind him, but Del’ure was now standing in the middle of nowhere in a swampy environment and couldn’t find another sign for the life of him. There wasn’t even a hint of a house anywhere around him either. Backtracking to where the other sign was, he tried a slightly different route. Backtracking was sometimes just easier than trying to find something by searching around without much of a clue.

And it worked as well. Soon after he had changed directions ever so slightly, he found another warning sign, this one even meaner than the one before and shortly after, he found a fourth one. “I guess this might be the last one then,” Del’ure muttered to himself as the area was so remote by now that he couldn’t help but wonder if anyone even ventured here by chance and if the signs were necessary. Or maybe he had ended up on someone else’s property entirely. One could never really know with these hideouts.

“Right then.” The demon stopped in his tracks and began to look around with more attention. For a swamp, the place was rather nice but he decided to look for clues about traps, just to get his bearings. He still wasn’t sure if he was in the right spot just yet or if he needed to continue, but it was a good day out, so he might as well take his time and enjoy the nice weather.
Back to top Go down
Eliza
Eliza

Things that I am :
  • Gold Hoarder
  • Medium Poster
  • Really Too Kind
  • Thrall of Zay
  • Rebel of Rogue

Female Loveliness : 8

PostSubject: Re: The Party Continues (Liz x Eldar)   The Party Continues (Liz x Eldar) Icon_minitimeFri Jan 09, 2015 1:14 am

While the weather was nice and such, Rose had only just gotten into her home and relaxed for a moment when she saw something moving a few hundred yards or so off in the trees. 'What is that? Not an animal that's for sure. But nobody's crazy enough to trespass here. . .Wait a second. . .' She took a moment to remember that she'd given a certain someone an open invitation to visit her, and given that they'd made it this far she had all the clues she needed. Del'ure always did have perfect timing, from her perspective at least.

She took up a pair of gloves to guard against splinters and creepy crawlies and made her way with a silent hop skip and a jump through the leaf-bare yet moss-fluffed trees, quite aware of where her guest was at. He just missed a hidden trap a few yards to one side, and was headed away from the next one she remembered she'd set. Granted there were some that had lain untouched since the day she set them, and she wasn't sure they'd go off after so long in disuse, but they existed and on every occasion they never ceased to keep curious and/or uninvited idiots off her property. She paused just out of earshot and sat on a somewhat sturdy branch about twenty feet or so off the ground to wait until he noticed her. When waiting failed after ten seconds or thereabouts, she smiled widely and waved to him.

"Why hello there darling! You have excellent timing, I just had time to get into my home and clean up a bit before I saw you passing by. I hope you didn't have trouble getting here, I did have traps set along the way." She liked to have her privacy at home, since in her mind her career forced her to be social enough as things stood. It didn't take long after her greeting to feel sore sitting in the tree, and it was a shorter time after that realization that she was making her way to the ground to meet her guest. "I got that book I was looking for, nearly cost me a lung but I got it. What've you been up to if I may ask? Anything interesting or exciting?"
Back to top Go down
Eldarwen
Admin
Eldarwen

Things that I am :
  • Alarmingly Excellent
  • Minion of Monty
  • Thrall of Zay

PostSubject: Re: The Party Continues (Liz x Eldar)   The Party Continues (Liz x Eldar) Icon_minitimeThu Jan 22, 2015 9:08 pm

This was starting to be trickier the closer he seemed to get to the actual home. At least that was the impression he got. Maybe the earlier traps had just been triggered and thus eliminated over the course of time, and people hadn’t ventured much further than that. Unlike him. He had to be a little nuts though to traipse through traps, but oh well. Wouldn’t be the first time.

“I always have perfect timing,” Del’ure replied, waving back. He had seen the movement in his periphery but he preferred to keep his eyes on the ground for a moment longer to make sure he wasn’t stepping somewhere he shouldn’t.
“No trouble, no. I’m still in one piece, aren’t I?” he asked, his typical grin in place as he looked at the woman he had come to visit. “Though I won’t deny that you don’t make it easy for people who are coming to see you.”

As he made his way over to Rose, Del’ure took a more detailed look around, this time to figure out what the swamp she lived in actually looked like rather than keeping a look-out for traps. “Oh, you know. This and that. Nothing overly exciting, no. But I survived, as you can see. And so did you. Not bad! And with the book. You’ll have to tell me how that went.”
Back to top Go down
Eliza
Eliza

Things that I am :
  • Gold Hoarder
  • Medium Poster
  • Really Too Kind
  • Thrall of Zay
  • Rebel of Rogue

PostSubject: Re: The Party Continues (Liz x Eldar)   The Party Continues (Liz x Eldar) Icon_minitimeFri Jan 23, 2015 11:08 pm

"Oh they wanted me for a sacrifice but I managed a skin-of-my-teeth escape. I have a scar from where they tried to take out a lung." The latter statement was accompanied by a laugh, because she thought they were crazy as hell. Her smile faded only slightly when he mentioned how tough it was to get her to house. "I made it that way on purpose, I don't want trouble from people any more than I already get without it being uninvited. Though I'll let you in on a secret: most of my traps have gone so long out of use that they no longer work. So anything you encountered that actually made an attempt to work was simply down to luck." Rather piss poor luck in her mind but best not to say that.

"No need to watch for traps, past this point there aren't any for my own safety." That was something she'd had to really think about: whether or not she wanted to lose her leg walking to the lake to fish. Clearly that was no difficult decision, and when she built her house out in the middle of the swamp the half mile radius around her house was trap-free. Any traps that remained after so long of nobody bothering to set them off, only a small handful still worked. None of them were even lethal, just a bit of a jolt. "You hungry? I was about to get something cooking when you arrived. Only thing I can advise down here on the ground is to watch for snakes and other little creepy things." She spied something moving ahead of her on the ground and picked it up without much hesitation, except to dodge a strike when she realized it was a snake. "Aha! Got a feisty one!" After a quick examination she dropped it into the mud along the side of the path. "Pretty but not big enough to cook just yet." She'd been serious about cooking snake while he was visiting.
Back to top Go down
Eldarwen
Admin
Eldarwen

Things that I am :
  • Alarmingly Excellent
  • Minion of Monty
  • Thrall of Zay

PostSubject: Re: The Party Continues (Liz x Eldar)   The Party Continues (Liz x Eldar) Icon_minitimeSun Jan 25, 2015 10:23 am

Del’ure raised an eyebrow. “A lung? What did they want with a lung?” Shaking his head, he decided not to think too hard about it. The Elitists weren’t exactly known for their logic. “Nah, nothing really tried to snap my leg off or anything but I’m a cautious guy,” he replied with a wink.

Watching Rose play with snakes was certainly going to be a treat, or at least so Del’ure figured when she threw away the one she had only just snatched off the ground, deeming it unworthy of her cooking skills. “I don’t think I have eaten snake before, so this should be an interesting experience. I’ll leave the catching up to you though as critters in general tend to keep away from me.” Even the ones seeking heat usually realise that he was a little too hot for comfort for most of the little crawlers.

“Is snake your usual dinner when you’re in the swamp?” Del’ure asked, more to say something because he didn’t exactly know what to do with himself in this place rather than thinking she was actually going to reply to such a nonsensical question.
Back to top Go down
Eliza
Eliza

Things that I am :
  • Gold Hoarder
  • Medium Poster
  • Really Too Kind
  • Thrall of Zay
  • Rebel of Rogue

PostSubject: Re: The Party Continues (Liz x Eldar)   The Party Continues (Liz x Eldar) Icon_minitimeSun Jan 25, 2015 8:19 pm

"I'll eat snakes, birds, the occasional reptile if I can catch them. I'll venture into the nearest village to get fruit now and then but usually just dried things that will keep for a good deal of time. I never quite know how long I'll end up being home, so I cover the basics and empty the cupboards when I leave again." Right as she got to the hidden ladder at the side of the tree her home was perched in she heard a loud hiss coming from the ground and quickly jumped a foot or so back. "Well smack me twice and call me stupid, I was standing on a nest of snakes!" It was more of a joy than a horror to her because that meant there would be good food on the table and leftovers after dinner. With a grin and a moment to readjust her gloves, she quickly grabbed one of the rather angry snakes behind the head and decisively wrapped it around her arm. "Wonder what all I could make with a few snake skins that look this lovely. . .?" The pattern on the reptile in question was a rather stunning maroon with a slightly darker mottled overtone. After looking at the nest again she relaxed her shoulders.

"If you'll venture around the other side of the tree the ladder should still be easy to reach without risk of being bitten." Sure enough everything was quiet and Rose was quickly up the ladder, one hand still holding what was going to end up being dinner. "Make yourself at home! I haven't gotten everything back in order yet but the book I acquired is over there on the table, and I do have my sea monster boots on the bookshelf in the den." For the elf it was over to the kitchen area to make short work of breaking down the snake she'd caught. The head and venom gland was carefully set aside so that one it didn't get into the actual meal, and two so Rose could extract it for later use. Off next was the skin and finally the meat was filleted while the bones were dropped in a small pot to boil.

More than likely she would head back down and pick up another snake or two and leave the nest alone otherwise. She didn't care that they'd made a nest where they did, heck she'd make sure the snakes survived because that meant easy food when they got big enough. The good thing about where she lived was everything was that she was the only person living in the area. "Got any questions for me? Anything you wanna know?" Now that she was home and had a chance to fully relax, questions were welcome and sitting in silence with a guest in the room just felt awkward.
Back to top Go down
Eldarwen
Admin
Eldarwen

Things that I am :
  • Alarmingly Excellent
  • Minion of Monty
  • Thrall of Zay

PostSubject: Re: The Party Continues (Liz x Eldar)   The Party Continues (Liz x Eldar) Icon_minitimeMon Feb 16, 2015 8:49 pm

“Lovely, snakes for dinner,” Del’ure said when Rose began wrapped the offended snake around her arm. “I can’t even remember when I last had snake. Come to think of it, now I’m starting to wonder if I actually ever ate snake?” Shaking his head, the demon took Rose’s advice and side-stepped the snake nest widely enough so as not to risk an accidental bite, no matter how much these things tended to avoid him.

“I can see how you stay in shape,” he muttered when he worked his way upwards and stopped once he reached the top to take a look around. There wasn’t a great distance from the floor to Rose’s house but even this small difference in height made everything seem much nicer. Less swampy, somehow.
The house itself was cosy and Del’ure followed Rose’s offer of checking out the book she snatched from the Elitists while she busied herself in the kitchen to prepare dinner. It was an interesting book, in its own right, but he still wasn’t quite sure what the fuss about it all was. Then again, he didn’t really need to know.

When Rose suddenly asked him if he had any questions, he looked at her and contemplated that for a moment. Putting the book down where he had found it, he walked to the nearest chair and comfortably sprawled in it, watching the elf do her thing. “Well, how come they wanted you for a sacrifice? The Elitists aren’t really known for their taste in two-legged people, not even as sacrifices. Usually anyway. So what happened there?”
Back to top Go down
Eliza
Eliza

Things that I am :
  • Gold Hoarder
  • Medium Poster
  • Really Too Kind
  • Thrall of Zay
  • Rebel of Rogue

PostSubject: Re: The Party Continues (Liz x Eldar)   The Party Continues (Liz x Eldar) Icon_minitimeSun Feb 22, 2015 3:13 am

"It was my appearance I think, but I wasn't born looking like this; I was poisoned in my younger years and while I survived I lost most of the pigment in my skin and my eyes turned yellow. Bounty hunters aren't known for keeping close ties to anyone either, so they were going to harvest my organs for some project or another. They got blood but not much else. Besides I don't know if they just wanted me dead or for use in a ritual." It wasn't the first time she'd had a close shave like that, but it was a first concerning a dragon cult. Bandits, other hunters, murderers: she'd seen a wide variety of people capable of butchery but, this was a new level of insane to her. "They don't even look normal. The way they style themselves and the way their bodies look borders on grotesque." Then again it was a dragon worshiping cult so her idea of normal was by far not something they'd be concerned with.

The sight of him sprawled out in one of her chairs was enough to bring a smile to her face despite her recent ordeal. "Not like they'd know how I came to look like I do, and I don't care. I got out alive and with the item I went searching for, so it was worth it to lose some blood and gain a new scar." It was almost boring if she got out of a job without some kind of wound to remember the trip by at this point. "I'm not used to having company in this particular house, in fact you're the only actual person I've ever had up here. Birds get in here on occasion and I'm always getting rid of bugs, but most people tend to heed the signs I put up." She turned her attention to the snake head and proceeded to drain the venom into a vial and place it on a shelf with a label under it that read "Snakes - Swamp Vipers". She had labels for scorpions, centipedes, two breeds of dragon and two or three for different kinds of snakes. "Feel free to have a look around the house if you want, I don't keep my secrets here."

She hadn't been thinking, of course, of the things she brought with her from her previous life on the Triad. There was an old box in the farthest corner of the house that had a diary in it and a good few letters that she'd written to her family during her marriage. The last ones made mention of her son, her husband's death, and her bizarre reaction to being poisoned. The son in question was long since dead, having been stillborn or else died soon after birth of unknown causes. The very last one had been her farewell message, which vividly painted a picture of the pain and suffering she'd endured for the sake of keeping her family under the impression that nothing was amiss. She hid her scars quite carefully and rarely attended family events with her husband for fear of him lashing out at her. She'd isolated herself from the world so nobody would know what was going on.

Too little too late did she realize that this was the home she kept that box in and froze. Maybe he wouldn't think to look into it. . .Or maybe he would and she'd have to explain everything. Best not to invite trouble and leave it alone unless he asked about it.
Back to top Go down
Eldarwen
Admin
Eldarwen

Things that I am :
  • Alarmingly Excellent
  • Minion of Monty
  • Thrall of Zay

PostSubject: Re: The Party Continues (Liz x Eldar)   The Party Continues (Liz x Eldar) Icon_minitimeTue Sep 29, 2015 8:28 am

Del’ure almost replied that scars are sexy but refrained from saying so. While he knew he looked good, there was no need to point this out to Rose. She already knew anyway. Nevertheless, he flashes a grin in response to her smile, knowing that his pose was most likely bringing images to her mind. Why else would she have smiled after what she had just told him?

Sobering again, he merely stated: “The only thing you have to hope for now is that they don’t use your blood for anything nefarious. I don’t trust these cultists further than I can throw them and they have nasty ways of doing magic. But again, I’m not sure why they would. You only have two legs.”

At her next statement, the grin reappeared on his face though along with a little twinkle in his eye. “I knew I was special, but this special? To warrant being the only person to ever have been here? I’m delighted. Maybe we should celebrate that in a very special way,” he suggested, wiggling his eyebrows to bring across his very one-track meaning. But he didn’t linger on this and instantly got up to go on an expedition around the cosy place just as Rose had suggested.

It was neat, though a bit cluttered in spaces with bits and baubles from her various swampy neighbours but all of that held a certain charm. A comfortable looking bed, kitchen area, a few chairs, a trunk, clothes space. Del’ure let his eyes roam about to take it all in, including Rose working away on their dinner.

And then his eyes snapped back to the trunk. It was the only thing that was actually closed in a way that suggested a particular chapter in life being closed off. His interest was piqued and he itched to go have a look. But despite the fact that Rose told him she had no secrets, he refrained from opening it and rummaging through. It was none of his business to go open trunks or other items to see what is inside.

“So tell me, what is a typical quiet weekend in your house like in the life of Rose?” Sneaking up into the kitchen area to press up against her back, he looked over her shoulder, inhaling a little. “Smells good.”
Back to top Go down
Eliza
Eliza

Things that I am :
  • Gold Hoarder
  • Medium Poster
  • Really Too Kind
  • Thrall of Zay
  • Rebel of Rogue

PostSubject: Re: The Party Continues (Liz x Eldar)   The Party Continues (Liz x Eldar) Icon_minitimeSat Oct 10, 2015 3:15 pm

It was no secret that she liked having him around, even if there was only one thing in the house she actually kept hidden. At his comments and questions her recent memories of their adventures came rushing back and she laughed for a brief moment before responding to any of it. There wasn't much need for a response to her cooking, she liked to let it speak for itself and apparently it was doing a wonderful job without her talking about it.

"I'm glad you think so, the recipe is older than me. As for celebrating, I think waiting until the sun sets and we've had time to properly enjoy dinner might be a better idea." Why did he ask about what she did in her spare time when she'd said she never had any spare time? Except on the rare occasion she did, and she spent most of that time here. Did she want to tell him everything with nothing left out? Perhaps not, but she could tell him a few things that were of note.

"Well, if it's a quiet weekend I spend a lot of it just cleaning and catching up on days of lost sleep; clearing out old things on the shelves to make room for new knickknacks I bring home and such. If I'm feeling nostalgic I go and visit the grave marker that's posted about half a mile north of here and leave flowers for the poor soul. Days where I go up that way I usually visit nearby villages and do what tiny amount of shopping is required to fix my clothing. It's a rare thing for me to leave my property if I'm down here any length of time, and I'm glad this time I'm not staying here by myself even if you only stay with me for a short while."

While she was glad he hadn't looked or even asked about the trunk; it was going to come out sooner or later and half the information in it was common knowledge to him already. It hadn't occurred to her quite yet that she'd relaxed completely with him standing there, but when it finally dawned on her she didn't see a reason to care and leaned back to rest against his chest. He was warm and comfortable so why not? "So what is it you do when you have spare time?"
Back to top Go down
Eldarwen
Admin
Eldarwen

Things that I am :
  • Alarmingly Excellent
  • Minion of Monty
  • Thrall of Zay

PostSubject: Re: The Party Continues (Liz x Eldar)   The Party Continues (Liz x Eldar) Icon_minitimeSat Oct 10, 2015 6:11 pm

Sunset? Del’ure almost laughed. There was no set time for celebrating in the way he had in mind, and he didn’t need sunset to make it romantic if that was what she was angling for, but he was a guest, he wasn’t in a hurry and he was actually looking forward to a bit of rest and sitting down, doing nothing. And with a plate full of a lovely dinner in front of him that sounded even more delicious.
Ah Rose, she managed to get to him in a very odd manner.

One corner of his lips lifted in a tiny smile as he silently shook his head at his own thoughts. Thinking a little less with certain parts of his body might be better left for later indeed, just as Rose had suggested.

When the elf gradually relaxed against him, he started feeling oddly comfortable himself. A feeling he hadn’t experienced in this manner in a very long time. Slipping his hand around her waist to steady her a little more he answered her question: “My free time is often spent the same way as yours, come to think of it. Catching up on sleep, resting, relaxing, and yes, shopping and fixing things kind of impose themselves, as does cleaning, if I’m actually staying at my place, which happens rarely.”

Spying a bottle of wine, Del’ure righted Rose and slowly eased himself away to grab it. “Glasses,” he mused, looking around the kitchen, spotting them just as Rose pointed him in the right direction. He then proceeded to open the bottle and poured two glasses, handing one to Rose. “Might as well start with the relaxing and celebrating while we’re waiting for dinner to finish.”

Clinking their glasses, Del’ure took a sip and raised his eyebrows in surprise. “This is quite nice actually.”
Back to top Go down
Eliza
Eliza

Things that I am :
  • Gold Hoarder
  • Medium Poster
  • Really Too Kind
  • Thrall of Zay
  • Rebel of Rogue

PostSubject: Re: The Party Continues (Liz x Eldar)   The Party Continues (Liz x Eldar) Icon_minitimeSat Oct 10, 2015 6:33 pm

"I think that's one of the older bottles, I'm not surprised it's any good. Never really been one for drinking at home because I can't see the point in doing so alone. But I suppose a little won't hurt." She paused and put a lid on the dish she was making before taking a sip of the wine, remembering the day she'd bought it. It was just a boring day, one that'd gone a bit awry to be honest, and she'd picked it up with the idea that she'd get drunk when she returned home. Instead she spent the remainder of that day cleaning up the grave marker after ages of disarray. The slightly bitter note at the end sent a sharp pang through her when her thoughts drifted off.

"Perhaps the next time we do this I'll be visiting you, hmm?" How did they manage to be so alike yet so drastically different? Del'ure had few attachments to this world and yet he still held onto life despite that. Rose had attachments, but one by one they all faded away until all she had left was the notion that the next day would be brighter than the last. A fool's wishful thinking was her usual thought on the matter, but not so much after her latest travels. The elf liked to think she wasn't attached to the man currently standing in her kitchen, but in a way she was and it felt nice to have someone to sit and talk with. Even if he talked a lot with his hands, at times a bit too much but she wasn't going to complain about it. "Dinner should be ready in about half an hour it has to simmer." With that she took another sip of her wine and moved away from the kitchen to keep from fidgeting with the things she kept on her shelves.
Back to top Go down
Eldarwen
Admin
Eldarwen

Things that I am :
  • Alarmingly Excellent
  • Minion of Monty
  • Thrall of Zay

PostSubject: Re: The Party Continues (Liz x Eldar)   The Party Continues (Liz x Eldar) Icon_minitimeSat Oct 10, 2015 8:32 pm

“You aren’t drinking alone, sweetheart,” Del’ure said, winking at Rose. Though when she suggested they do this at his place the next time, it was his turn to turn a little pensive. It wasn’t that he didn’t want her there or that he didn’t have a home. It was more the fact that he himself spent so little time there that he wasn’t sure it really felt like a home. But maybe it was time to change that. Not that he minded having a bed pretty much everywhere he went.

“Relax, Rose.” The demon smiled when he noticed her attempts at keeping herself from fidgeting. “Come on, let’s go sit outside.” Without waiting for a reply, Del’ure put his hand to Rose’s elbow and gently guided her towards the small landing in front of her door. It wasn’t large by any means, just enough to be able to get up the stairs and have a place to stand while opening the door, but it was enough to sit down next to each other and let their feet dangle a little while sipping their wine until dinner was ready.

Nothing was happening below in the swamp besides the usual. Lots of insects and birds were making noises and there was the occasional evidence of a larger animal making its way through the trees and brush not too far away but that was about it. It was almost peaceful. If it weren’t for the slight smell of swamp that was filling the air – obviously – Del’ure could see himself spending a little more time in this place.
Back to top Go down
Eliza
Eliza

Things that I am :
  • Gold Hoarder
  • Medium Poster
  • Really Too Kind
  • Thrall of Zay
  • Rebel of Rogue

PostSubject: Re: The Party Continues (Liz x Eldar)   The Party Continues (Liz x Eldar) Icon_minitimeMon Oct 12, 2015 5:00 am

"You know, I suppose it's worth mentioning that if you want a bath you have to risk swamp critters nipping at your ankles around here. I don't actually have space in my house for any kind of indoor waterworks unless I make some renovations. Something to look into perhaps, since I'm tired of catching most of my food while I'm bathing." As she finished her wine it started to loosen her jittery nerves a slight bit and she let her shoulders slump. The gentle breeze that rustled the remaining leaves around them also did wonders for her nerves, which was evident by the carefree half-smile creeping across her face.

As time dragged on, the stew she was cooking started to diffuse its aroma throughout the house and out the door, which was making Rose almost antsy for it to be done so she could eat, but that meant things might get awkward and tense again when they'd just calmed down. "Having you around has been a different experience for me, and I'm glad for that because my life is usually boring and/or filled with violence with little between the two to really smooth things over. I guess having people like you in my life is something to be grateful for in the end. And thank you for loosening me up, I know most of the time I'm a rigid twig." The hint behind that was a bit of a dirty joke as the last time they'd been around one another she woke up the next morning feeling more limber than normal.

"I used to have four houses I think, three or four. There's this house, the one in Harglen that I converted into a library that's run by a couple of locals, and I had something like an office in Kaionar until I thought better of keeping it and just left it alone, no clue if it's even standing anymore. My first home as an adult might still be standing back on the Triad, but I've never gone back to see it and it's been fifty years so whether or not it's been torn down is uncertain. If you ever stop by the library you'll see the skull of the sea lizard I helped kill during some of my earlier travels." That had been a very bizarre one too, since she had no use of her magic whatsoever and never did figure out what was causing such outlandish habitat changes. "Judging from the smell I'd say I need to check on that food before it burns."

With a bit of a flourish and a fancy backflip, she hurried back to check on the food and removed it from the heat to settle before serving it over partly-mashed potatoes. "Haven't properly cooked an evening meal in over a year, quite amazed I managed to keep it from boiling over." Of course being somewhere between tipsy and drunk she hadn't necessarily processed the idea that most of what she was saying had some rather provocative double-meanings. Oh well, made for humorous conversation at least.
Back to top Go down
Eldarwen
Admin
Eldarwen

Things that I am :
  • Alarmingly Excellent
  • Minion of Monty
  • Thrall of Zay

PostSubject: Re: The Party Continues (Liz x Eldar)   The Party Continues (Liz x Eldar) Icon_minitimeTue Dec 22, 2015 11:43 am

Del’ure burst out laughing. “Don’t worry. You really aren’t that bad. Rigid is something else entirely. Believe me, I’ve met my share of rigid women, or people in general, and you’re nowhere near as bad as any of them.” Thinking back on some of those more highly stationed people who thought that wiggling a purse of money would buy them anything, he couldn’t help but keep laughing at the comparison.
“You’re cautious, and you don’t trust easily. It’s a completely different thing. But once you loosen up…,” Del’ure trailed off, giving her a sly sideways grin. “You’re very welcome for that, and I’m glad to be around to witness it.” He added a little wink at the end, knowing it would most likely make Rose blush again.

It was good to see though that she was taking things a little easier and that the alcohol had helped in relaxing her a little. He had been nervous at first as well but he generally didn’t give all too much of a crap about jittery nerves. They went away quite quickly, when they surfaced at all. What did he have to be nervous about anyway when it came to women?

“Considering what Kaionar is like, the house has either been taken over by someone else or was burnt to the ground in some kind of feud between who knows who.” Del’ure shook his head. Spending time in Kaionar was always an adventure but not a place he particularly enjoyed. Not enough women, and those who did live there were too tough to be all that interesting. Business wasn’t as smooth for him as elsewhere. It wasn’t his kind of place in general.
“The place in Harglen sounds lovely. There’s just something about books and art,” Del’ure mused. He didn’t talk about this a lot but he actually quite enjoyed a nice piece of art. “Art just has so many different kinds and forms, and it can be experimented with in so many.. many ways.” The way he put emphasis on the last part made it quite clear that his mind had wandered off into a different realm and wasn’t strictly contemplating paintings or other pieces of art anymore.

Just at that moment, Rose decided that it was time to take care of the food, and he had to agree. It smelled wonderful and it would be a shame to let it burn or overcook. “Like most any other skill,” Del’ure replied to the cookery comment, “it’s something that needs just a tiny bit of coaxing so it will all come screaming back to you.”

Picking up the finished dishes, Del’ure moved over to the table. “Come on, let’s dig in before I start nibbling on other things because I’m hungry.”

Two could play at that game. Del’ure enjoyed it tremendously when Rose was starting to be a little more than tipsy. It relaxed not only her body a little but it also loosened that rather sharp tongue of hers and out came quite interesting things. It made him imagine other things she could be doing with that tongue..

Giving himself a mental slap, the demon focused on the food and made the appropriate yummy noises as soon as the first spoonful landed in his mouth. “You know, I really enjoy eating in. This is very tasty. Thank you!”
Back to top Go down
Eliza
Eliza

Things that I am :
  • Gold Hoarder
  • Medium Poster
  • Really Too Kind
  • Thrall of Zay
  • Rebel of Rogue

PostSubject: Re: The Party Continues (Liz x Eldar)   The Party Continues (Liz x Eldar) Icon_minitimeMon Feb 01, 2016 8:22 pm

"That's good to hear, means I need to keep up with my cooking skills regardless of my travels. There was this one tavern, don't remember the name of the town it was in to save me, but, the barmaid was the ugliest thing I'd ever see and flirted with every woman that walked in. Completely ignored men and I couldn't understand it for a good hour or so, then I got a better look and realized it was a man made up to look like a woman!" Here she couldn't help but snicker and laugh between bites of food, pausing to clear her throat. "I knew better than to say anything at the time but it was just too funny to forget. You want seconds on the food there's plenty to spare." Rose herself had seconds before long, having forgotten how good snake tasted when cooked with the right spices.

"Might even be thirds at this rate on my end." The sound of cranes calling outside the window made her snicker as it was followed by the sound of a small crash. One of the idiot birds had run into the wall of her house. "Well that's not the first time a bird's nearly flown through the window, but it never gets old either. Swamp bird feathers make pretty good pillows when I can manage to catch the birds that get into the house." Most of the time she caught the birds and used them for food anyway so using the feathers was just a bonus. When she'd finally had enough food she put her dishes away and sat back down giving Del'ure a curious look. "I'm so sorry I just realized I haven't let you get a word in edgewise this whole time! What of you and your travels? Surely you've had some interesting things happen to you since we last parted ways."
Back to top Go down
Eldarwen
Admin
Eldarwen

Things that I am :
  • Alarmingly Excellent
  • Minion of Monty
  • Thrall of Zay

PostSubject: Re: The Party Continues (Liz x Eldar)   The Party Continues (Liz x Eldar) Icon_minitimeMon Oct 24, 2016 1:36 pm

“Interesting tavern,” Del’ure remarked, grinning widely as Rose recounted the story of the barmaid. “Why on earth would a guy disguise himself as a barmaid just to be able to better hit on women?” It would fan certain secret desires of some of the clientele for sure but, seriously? Shaking his head, he turned his attention back to the food. “The things people do sometimes…”

When Rose mentioned seconds, he smiled broadly and nodded, still swallowing the last bite of his first plate. “I would love some more, yes, thank you. How could I pass up seconds on such a good meal? Though I think I’ll pass on thirds.” He looked at her with a devilish grin, sweeping his eyes up and down her body. “I want to leave some room for dessert after all.”

The seconds, and thirds after all, passed in companionable banter and Rose recounted quite a lot of her travels from the point onwards where they had parted ways before finally stopping herself, though Del’ure could have continued listening to her, to inquire about his own adventures.

“Oh, you know. I’ve been around a little bit but there hasn’t been anything remotely as interesting as that barmaid of yours. I did run into a very interesting thief however who was trying to steal the same painting in a home that I was trying to get my hands on.” Del’ure shook his head at the memory, before continuing. “But for the most part, I had some other business to take care of where I can unfortunately not give you any details. Suffice it to say, it was mysterious and dangerous.” With a suggestive wiggle of his eyebrows, he smirked at her. “Isn’t that what the ladies like in a man? Someone who does dangerous and mysterious things while looking incredibly handsome?”
Back to top Go down
Eliza
Eliza

Things that I am :
  • Gold Hoarder
  • Medium Poster
  • Really Too Kind
  • Thrall of Zay
  • Rebel of Rogue

PostSubject: Re: The Party Continues (Liz x Eldar)   The Party Continues (Liz x Eldar) Icon_minitimeTue Apr 04, 2017 11:13 pm

"The word "like" isn't usually one that comes to mind when men make mention of danger and mystery to me." she replied as she stood from her seat. "Thrill, crave, and hunger are what I usually find in my thoughts." Dessert, in literal terms, was the last thing on her mind as Del’ure sat in front of her having just been as blatantly suggestive as ever with innuendo. There was a time where she thought to try and push that sort of thing away, but from him in particular she rather liked the outcome. There was a rather scary realization dawning in her mind that he was turning her entire life upside down, and she was happy with the idea. She laughed softly and put the dishes away as she spoke again.

“You know somewhere in this blasted house I swear I kept something of use for entertaining that isn’t alcohol.” After some quick looking she turned to her lovely guest and threw up her hands with a grin. “I give up! Seems after all this time I’ve misplaced the box I used for my parlor games. I shall leave it to you to decide the evening’s events.” She hoped to go on a hike to work off some of the food they’d just wolfed down, but anything else would do as well. Anything was likely the appropriate word given his general pattern of behavior, but she liked him as he was.

On the back side of the house, between the newly found snake nest on the left and the swamp on the right, was a slightly worn trail that led to a slightly cleaner source of water a few miles off. Typically that was the place she used to bathe and wash her clothes when such things as shirts and trousers were of importance. She debated mentioning it to him, but she figured he might stay more than just one night since he’d come all this way to visit. A bath could wait till at some point they did something to need one.
Back to top Go down
Eldarwen
Admin
Eldarwen

Things that I am :
  • Alarmingly Excellent
  • Minion of Monty
  • Thrall of Zay

PostSubject: Re: The Party Continues (Liz x Eldar)   The Party Continues (Liz x Eldar) Icon_minitimeWed Apr 19, 2017 8:58 am

Thrill, crave, hunger, yes those were definitely words Del’ure could get on board with as well. Especially when they came with the package deal of such a lovely woman.

“Entertainment without alcohol,” Del’ure mused, leaning back in his chair. “What could that be?” The suggestive smile still in place as he watched Rose rummage around in drawers and various other places for the mysterious box of… “Parlour games? Is that what you call what we both have in mind?” He laughed shortly as he shook his head with an amused glint in his eyes.

“Rose, don’t worry about it. You do not have to go out of your way to entertain me. I am more than happy with a good meal and some good company. Honestly. I do not need fancy things.” He finally got up out of his chair and stalked towards her. “Though I could use a kiss,” he added in a low, growly voice as he caught her around the waist and captured her lips with his.

When they came back up for air, he winked at her, tracing a finger across her swollen lips. “You know what my preferred idea of entertainment is, evening or otherwise. But if there is something else you’d rather like to do before we get to that, I’m all yours to do with as you please.”

Releasing his hold on her completely, he added: Also, if there were a place I could freshen up a bit, I would be grateful. I have been on the road for some time and would prefer being clean before getting tangled in your sheets.”
Back to top Go down
Eliza
Eliza

Things that I am :
  • Gold Hoarder
  • Medium Poster
  • Really Too Kind
  • Thrall of Zay
  • Rebel of Rogue

PostSubject: Re: The Party Continues (Liz x Eldar)   The Party Continues (Liz x Eldar) Icon_minitimeFri May 12, 2017 11:53 pm

The kiss hadn’t been so much a shock as the briefness of the moment and suddenly she was being inquired of about a place to bathe. “I use a large lily pond up a trail behind the house. It’s also where I get my flower petals from to keep my clothes from smelling musty on long trips.” Indeed there were several small bags of flower petals hanging about the house to keep the air smelling fresh as well, the ones back in her bedroom were rather ornate and filled with things like spices as well as flowers. She moved to get a fresh set of breaches and a shirt from her room, then returned and draped them over one of the chairs to tie her hair back. It was a flurry of gestures and all of five seconds and her hair had been tied up in a half-bun ponytail of sorts. With the light quickly fading behind the trees, she lit a lantern and grabbed her clothes. “Ready when you are.”

She set off down her ladder with the lantern in her teeth and her clothes across her shoulders before waiting at the bottom for her guest. The temperature had gone down a touch, the wind that rustled her hair was cooler than earlier, making for a slightly brisk evening and likely a colder night. It was tough to discern how days would end that far south, be it hot or cold, thanks to the humidity. Already numerous stars could be seen above the canopy, and Rose recognized several formations that she used for a compass in unfamiliar territory. The lantern she'd held in her mouth moved to her hand so she could see the sky more clearly; and for a few moments she thought of what the stars looked like back home on the Triad. Were they really the same? Were they the same ones she saw in Kaionar or even Harglen? They couldn't be, the stars had never looked this pretty to her before. "Amazing. . ." she whispered to herself as she cracked a slight smile.
Back to top Go down
Eldarwen
Admin
Eldarwen

Things that I am :
  • Alarmingly Excellent
  • Minion of Monty
  • Thrall of Zay

PostSubject: Re: The Party Continues (Liz x Eldar)   The Party Continues (Liz x Eldar) Icon_minitimeMon Jul 10, 2017 10:21 am

“A lily pond? Sounds fun,” Del’ure replied and motioned for Rose to lead the way, which she did. He merely grabbed a fresh pair of trousers from the bag he had brought, and then quickly followed his companion down the ladder and into the swamp. The slightly cooler breeze that brushed past them was refreshing and Del’ure enjoyed their short track to the pond.

At some point he thought Rose had said something but as she seemed completely lost in thought, he didn’t inquire as to what she had said. Maybe it hadn’t been meant for his ears anyway. Besides, if she wanted a reply, she’d make it known.

The pond was filled with more flowers than the demon had expected and he couldn’t help but smile. This was probably a woman thing, all the flowers in the water making everything look pretty. However, he had to admit that by the light of the lantern with only the stars shining above them, this made for a lovely setting. It would also provide decent cover for people who might be a little shy around each other when naked. Not that they had such troubles. After all, they had seen each other naked and thoroughly enjoyed such nakedness.

He made quick work of the clothes he was wearing and unceremoniously dumped them into the water. Might as well make use of the pond while they were there. Sighing, he slipped in after his clothes and contentedly let himself float for a bit.

“Ah, Rose, you do know how to please a man,” he sighed again, smiling at her.
Back to top Go down
Eliza
Eliza

Things that I am :
  • Gold Hoarder
  • Medium Poster
  • Really Too Kind
  • Thrall of Zay
  • Rebel of Rogue

PostSubject: Re: The Party Continues (Liz x Eldar)   The Party Continues (Liz x Eldar) Icon_minitimeSat Aug 05, 2017 9:22 pm

Upon seeing him so genuinely happy she chuckled lightly and proceeded to drop her clothes into the pond and walk back down the trail a few paces. The little elf woman then ran as fast as she could and front-flipped her way into the water about a third of the way across the way from where she'd jumped. "I'm glad to see you like how I do things around here." After a quick strip-down, she busied herself with scrubbing her clothes for a few minutes before letting her hair down to get some of the oils out of it after her trip. "A while back I discovered that, over the course of several lead-ins and overflows, this pond empties out at the beaches south of here and I'd been meaning to plan a trip down to see them." Her gaze turned to him as she gingerly tried to keep from tangling her fingers in her hair, almost as if waiting for an answer. She knew better than to expect one so suddenly, and went about her normal-ish bathing routine.

"As for knowing how to please you, I should hope I have that knowledge by now given the nature of our. . .do I call this a very intimate friendship or is there a better word for it I wonder?" She'd said her statement with a smile and immediately dismissed the question by giving a pseudo-answer. "Whatever it is we have, I like it very much." She spent a few minutes swimming around and eventually made her way over toward her guest halfway wondering what to do next. A slightly devilish grin began to creep across her face and she quickly splashed him in the face before darting off in the other direction giggling as she went. Her behavior since arriving at the pond had been playful and light-hearted, no sense in dampening the good mood now!

"I hope you swim as well as you kiss, Del, or you'll never catch me!" she teased before disappearing behind a rock outcrop to hide. The breeze eased off a tad and the suddenly stationary warm air made it slightly harder to breathe, causing Rose's cheeks to turn a bit more red than they otherwise would from her exertions. There was no doubting that she liked having him around, the question that ran through her might was how much?
Back to top Go down
Eldarwen
Admin
Eldarwen

Things that I am :
  • Alarmingly Excellent
  • Minion of Monty
  • Thrall of Zay

PostSubject: Re: The Party Continues (Liz x Eldar)   The Party Continues (Liz x Eldar) Icon_minitimeThu Jan 18, 2018 6:58 pm

Del’ure smiled at her attempt to get him to come on a little trip with her and he appreciated the gesture. Yet he wasn’t sure whether he could oblige. Not only because he didn’t want to feel like he was being tied down, and while that wasn’t the case with Rose, he didn’t want to allow the potential for that to happen. He enjoyed the company of this lovely woman too much to go their separate ways already. So he gave her an encouraging nod as if to say she should absolutely do this if she had been meaning to for a while but he didn’t exactly give her an answer as to whether or not he’d join her.

“Intimate friendship,” he repeated, testing the words. “I like the sound of that!” And he could only agree that he liked it very much indeed, which made him wonder why he had been so worried about potentially feeling tied down. Rose gave no indication of wanting to bind him utterly and completely to her. They were friends with benefits who enjoyed doing things together.

When Rose splashed him and then dashed off, the demon couldn’t help but laugh a little, sending a splash after her, only barely catching her with a few stray droplets. Then he swam after her himself, splashing about more than necessary but where was the fun in her hiding when he didn’t at least let her know approximately where he might be. Besides, he didn’t necessarily need to be close to her to catch her.

With a grin, he sent a tiny zing of flame into the water, heating it up to a comfortable measure before splashing it in Rose’s general direction. He knew she was hiding behind a rock but he wasn’t going to bust her just yet. Just sending a little heat her way, smoking her out, so to speak.
Back to top Go down
Eliza
Eliza

Things that I am :
  • Gold Hoarder
  • Medium Poster
  • Really Too Kind
  • Thrall of Zay
  • Rebel of Rogue

PostSubject: Re: The Party Continues (Liz x Eldar)   The Party Continues (Liz x Eldar) Icon_minitimeMon Jun 17, 2019 5:49 am

Through a combination of the sudden warming of the water and the alien feeling of either a snapping turtle getting too close to her leg she swam out from her hiding place with a distinct sound of panic. "Fuck!" She checked her leg to make sure she hadn't been bitten and sighed, glaring in the direction she'd come from. "So I just angered a snapping turtle it seems, Del. I got lucky it didn't take a chunk out of my leg." Not long after she spoke it swam into view and hauled itself out of the water on the opposite bank. She thought it had a rather unpleasant look on its face, but you never could tell with reptiles.

It was beyond her at that precise moment that she should still be getting away from Del'ure, with the whole turtle incident and such, but she was starting to want out of the water regardless of what happened when she did. "Want to head back inside? I'd hate to disturb anything worse than that turtle." Her lips were also changing color, the first noticeable indication that she'd been in the water too long. She didn't want to complain about her skin problems, but that was definitely a factor in wanting to be warm and indoors. Preferably with her favorite guest close by but that was almost a guarantee.
Back to top Go down
Eldarwen
Admin
Eldarwen

Things that I am :
  • Alarmingly Excellent
  • Minion of Monty
  • Thrall of Zay

PostSubject: Re: The Party Continues (Liz x Eldar)   The Party Continues (Liz x Eldar) Icon_minitimeMon Jun 24, 2019 8:18 am

“I think the beast is just as miffed as you are,” Del’ure laughed as he watched the turtle drag itself out of the water, almost purposefully turning its back on them. When he looked back at Rose, the unease was definitely visible on her face even if she might not be consciously feel it, and when fairly soon after the turtle incident, she suggested heading back inside, he immediately agreed.

“While swimming is fun, I am much more of a lazy boy after all,” he joked as he climbed out of the water, holding a chivalrous hand out to Rose even though she didn’t need it.

Once they had trekked back to her place and were comfortably seated with a drink in their hands, Del’ure raised the subject of the turtle again. Well, not the turtle in particular… “You know, all these animals are very exciting and fun, but are you never worried to find one of them in your house when you’ve been away for some time? I wouldn’t be surprised if snakes or the like would take up residence sooner rather than later once they realise that nobody is traipsing through their territory.”

She had mentioned all of the animals and the terrain being a nice diversion to get rid of unwanted intruders, but..

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Party Continues (Liz x Eldar)   The Party Continues (Liz x Eldar) Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The Party Continues (Liz x Eldar)
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Non-Canon RolePlay :: One On One RolePlays-
Jump to: