Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Demons and Angels (Lastinginthenight X Eldarwen)

Go down 
2 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
AuthorMessage
lastinginthenight
Experienced Roleplayer
lastinginthenight

Things that I am :
  • Really Too Kind

Female Loveliness : 1

Demons and Angels (Lastinginthenight X Eldarwen) - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Demons and Angels (Lastinginthenight X Eldarwen)   Demons and Angels (Lastinginthenight X Eldarwen) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 31, 2009 12:30 am

Kono chuckled, "I bet you've never tried grabbing it with your feet." he remarked before heading tothe edgeof the woods to beggin gathering wood. As he reached the trees he growled at a few stray squirrels grabbing at one and missing as it jabbered angrily in his face.

He broke of some of the bare lower branches with lots of little twigs that would catch on fire easily. He turned back to watch selene chop at the deer, though she seemed distracted. He surveyed their surroundings but didn't spot anything out of the ordinary. He guessed Selene was just paranoid and turned back to gathering a few more logs so that he had a decent pile that could last them a few hours.

He gathered the logs in his mouth and started heading back observing that Selene was still hacking at the meat on the leg of the deer. He hoped she had a satchel to put all the extra meat in cause she was definately not finishing even a decent amount of deer at that pace. he hurred quietly in slight amuzement.
Back to top Go down
http://dc-graphics.weebly.com
Eldarwen
Admin
Eldarwen

Things that I am :
  • Alarmingly Excellent
  • Minion of Monty
  • Thrall of Zay

Female Loveliness : 68

PostSubject: Re: Demons and Angels (Lastinginthenight X Eldarwen)   Demons and Angels (Lastinginthenight X Eldarwen) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 01, 2009 8:43 pm

Seriously doubting her skills when it came to feeding herself, Selene frowned as the knife kept slicing through the meat but no decent edible part of the leg came off. Chopsticks would come in handy now to pick up all the tiny pieces she was creating. Abruptly, she stared to her right as a sound reached her ears, though she could not place it. She still felt eyes upon her, though more irregularly now, as if the observer was contemplating other things as well and not just fixating on her. Unable to decide whether this should be a comforting thought or not, Selene preferred bending back over the deer and not worrying about it. Kono would be back soon anyway, and whatever it was that was hiding in the bushes would then probably disappear. Who would want to pick a fight with a dragon?!

Frantically, she began butchering the leg again, until finally, she managed to slice off a large chunk that she could enjoy eating without interruptions. Sitting back in a more comfortable position, she began munching away, relaxing on the rather soft floor. Thinking about the whole procedure, it actually came as quite a surprise to Selene that she hadn’t burned her fingers when first touching the deer. Well, this might just turn out to be my lucky day. The irony. Exactly how ironic this thought was, she would only realise much later.

When the dragon was moving back towards her, a huge pile of wood in his muzzle, Selene already felt a little stuffed, but she was sure she could manage to eat a bit more to keep the dragon company. Although, thinking about it, she realised that he would probably have finished off both deer before she had cut another piece for herself. Grinning, she shook her head. “I’d offer giving you a hand making the fire, but I guess you’re done with that within the blink of an eye.” Jeez, one more stupid speech like this, and I’m seriously considering drowning myself in the next puddle I come across. "So what brings you to these quarters? Did you spend all of your life around these parts?" It might sound like random conversation, but Selene thought it would be a good idea to get to know the being she was spending time with and sharing food with, especially the food-part made it rather important in her opinion to find out some details about the dragon.
Back to top Go down
lastinginthenight
Experienced Roleplayer
lastinginthenight

Things that I am :
  • Really Too Kind

PostSubject: Re: Demons and Angels (Lastinginthenight X Eldarwen)   Demons and Angels (Lastinginthenight X Eldarwen) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Sep 05, 2009 3:34 am

Kono reached Selene a dropped the logs and moved them in a relatively neat pile for not having apossable thumbs. He chuckled and let a small jet of flame pour out of his mouth until the wood had caught enough for his satisfaction. He settled down next to her and grabbed one of the deer from his pile with his fore-paw.

He pondered her question for a few seconds, "I guess you could consider me like you. A traveler... but much better at getting my own food." He chuckled. "I have been all over Dragon's cove but this forest always seems to draw me back every now and then. I used to live up in the mountains but I decided I wanted to explore my surroundings and so I set out flying where the winds took me." He looked to the sky silently for a few seconds reminising with a small smile on his face then turned to Selene, "That was 20,000 years ago... your time I think." He chuckled and bent down to tear a good sized portion of the deer's side meat from it's body.
Back to top Go down
Eldarwen
Admin
Eldarwen

Things that I am :
  • Alarmingly Excellent
  • Minion of Monty
  • Thrall of Zay

PostSubject: Re: Demons and Angels (Lastinginthenight X Eldarwen)   Demons and Angels (Lastinginthenight X Eldarwen) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Sep 06, 2009 4:59 pm

Selene almost chocked on her deer leg when Kono mentioned his age. Coughing, she tried to remove the piece of meat from her throat. Her colour slowly started to change into red and her eyes were watering until she finally managed to spit it back out. "Are you serious?! 20.000 years?" Utterly surprised, if not to say shocked, she looked at Kono with huge eyes. She still couldn't believe her ears. "That is a hell of a long time! Don't you get bored living so long?" Her cheeks brightened again when she realised that this question could be taken the wrong way and constitute an insult, though she obviously didn't mean it that way. "I.. I.. It's just that.. ahm.. it seems so long.." Lost for words, she decided not to add anything further and simply waited for the dragon to react, quite sure that he would start laughing.

The young woman couldn't even start imagining what she would do with the time of over thousands of human lives at her disposal. Travelling did sound like the most constructive possibility, yet, was Dragon's Cove big enough to keep you occupied for such a long time? Slowly, she shook her head when she tried imagining it. It did have some appeal when thinking about all one could accomplish but nevertheless, that was just quite simply too long to imagine it to be comfortable, at least for Selene, who did not know much apart from the simple life she had been living so far.
Back to top Go down
lastinginthenight
Experienced Roleplayer
lastinginthenight

Things that I am :
  • Really Too Kind

PostSubject: Re: Demons and Angels (Lastinginthenight X Eldarwen)   Demons and Angels (Lastinginthenight X Eldarwen) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 07, 2009 12:27 am

Kono laughed, "Thats not counting my time in the mountains before I left, I was three then I'm 23 now in dragon years..." He paused to let it sink in with a smirk, "Lets just say thing have changed a lot since I started roaming our land, though watching your human towns change and grow was quite amuzeing." He added and checked to make sure she wasn't going to choke an something again before taking another large bite of a leg pulling the meat off like you would a kabob, but keeping the bone between his paws for later use even though he could crush it easily between his teeth.

"Why did you seem so distracted while I was gone?" He felt he would at least be able to pry that far with the amount he had shared with her, and if it had to do with possible trouble he felt the need to be aware.
Back to top Go down
Eldarwen
Admin
Eldarwen

Things that I am :
  • Alarmingly Excellent
  • Minion of Monty
  • Thrall of Zay

PostSubject: Re: Demons and Angels (Lastinginthenight X Eldarwen)   Demons and Angels (Lastinginthenight X Eldarwen) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 07, 2009 11:18 am

"True, it must have been interesting to see all the changes, the developments... But still, did you never get bored? Or feel like you don't belong anymore when everything around you was taking on different shapes, attributes and so on?" Selene hadn't even known Dragon's Cove had existed that long, but then again, why would it not? History had had to be written some time in the past, not that she knew much of it. Sceptically, the young woman looked over the deer in front of her and wondered whether she could manage to devour another leg or should go for something smaller. She did still have a bit of appetite, but she also knew that she was going to be very full very soon and she didn't want to make herself sick with too much food after the long dry period. Ah well, couldn't hurt to eat another small piece, she thought and immediately started attacking the meat with her knife again.

Selene hesitated in cutting when the dragon raised his question. It sounded stupid now to explain it, now that the feeling was completely gone, or had it? Only thinking about unseen eyes observing her sent shivers down her spine again. "I.. Well.." Selene cleared her throat, her cheeks brightening a bit. "Okay, it does sound very ridiculous, I know, but I had the strange feeling that I was being observed, almost like being x-rayed, like that thing could see to my very core." In case of doubt or uncertainty, simply rush forward. Doubt crossed her face as Selene looked at Kono, wondering whether he might have an idea what that creature had been or whether he would tell her that she should be less paranoid, that it had been nothing. She did feel rather stupid, but he had asked, right?
Back to top Go down
lastinginthenight
Experienced Roleplayer
lastinginthenight

Things that I am :
  • Really Too Kind

PostSubject: Re: Demons and Angels (Lastinginthenight X Eldarwen)   Demons and Angels (Lastinginthenight X Eldarwen) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 09, 2009 8:30 pm

Kono shook his head, "No. Even as the land developed the beleif in dragons remained, so I always felt welcomed." He smiled. He remembered how he used to feel watching the humans work. How they would occasionally look to the sky and their reactions when they saw him. Some had shuddered in fear while others had raised their hands from their work to greet him. He remebered the conversations he would have with the younger humans as they avoided work or were too young to work. He was brought back to reality by the sound of Selene digging in.

His smile vanished as she answered his question, "If I know anything, It's to trust you instincts. Do you still feel it? Even if only occasionally?"He questioned his voice dropping into a whisper as he bent down to finish his first deer. Eyes alert, searching the trees for anything.
Back to top Go down
Eldarwen
Admin
Eldarwen

Things that I am :
  • Alarmingly Excellent
  • Minion of Monty
  • Thrall of Zay

PostSubject: Re: Demons and Angels (Lastinginthenight X Eldarwen)   Demons and Angels (Lastinginthenight X Eldarwen) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 10, 2009 9:17 am

When she looked up shortly from her food to glance at the dragon, she saw a distant look on his face, like he was remembering old times past. It seemed to be good memories and Selene would ask about them, but not quite yet. She didn't want him to feel pressured to tell her his whole life story in just one day. One day would probably not be enough anyway. Unlike her own life story, which would be completely told in a matter of mere minutes. Sometimes she felt like she was wasting her time, but then again, she was still young and had yet a lot to learn and to experience.

"Ahm.." A little taken aback by Kono's question, Selene looked back at the dragon once more, unsure of how she should take this. Did he know what it might be? Had he sensed it too? "Well, now that you mention it.. No, I haven't since you got back." Or maybe she had just pushed the notion so far back into her mind that she had not paid attention to it. But no, she actually hadn't felt observed since Kono had gotten back. Maybe the creation was afraid of dragons or at least had some respect before beings that were several times its own size.

Alas, she had not even finished the thought when a cold, creeping feeling was beginning to crawl up her spine. "No, wait... It's still there. The thing is still watching me, or us!" It was not any less intense than before but probably the eyes had shifted from her onto her surroundings several times, which was probably also why she hadn't felt them on her for quite some time now. Or had she simply not noticed anymore because she got sidetracked? She didn't know which part of this was scarier, the fact that somebody or something was watching her, intently, or the fact that she had been able to completely forget about the stare and not feel its intensity in the least.
Back to top Go down
lastinginthenight
Experienced Roleplayer
lastinginthenight

Things that I am :
  • Really Too Kind

PostSubject: Re: Demons and Angels (Lastinginthenight X Eldarwen)   Demons and Angels (Lastinginthenight X Eldarwen) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Sep 20, 2009 6:28 pm

Kono's eyes flicked from glaring around the clearing to looking straight at Selene then behind her and a bone he had been chewing on absently crunched between his teeth. He flicked his tail onto his back and spread his wings making himself look larger. There was an obviouse protective aura around him and without looking at her he said, "Behind you right?" He lifted his head his eyes focusing on the trees generally behind her and growled a deep gutteral growl, "Show yourself coward. I'm no fool." He shot a puff of smoke from his nostrils in anger.

He knew that instincts were a basic part of any living things being and his was telling him to trust hers. His mind had an ever so slight doubt that anything was really in the woods worth caring about, but he pushed it to the back of his mind. Better safe than sorry.
Back to top Go down
Eldarwen
Admin
Eldarwen

Things that I am :
  • Alarmingly Excellent
  • Minion of Monty
  • Thrall of Zay

PostSubject: Re: Demons and Angels (Lastinginthenight X Eldarwen)   Demons and Angels (Lastinginthenight X Eldarwen) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 29, 2009 8:10 pm

Selene felt Kono's aura seeping through the air like a summer breeze, sending shivers down her spine but it did not make her feel more comfortable, unlike a hot gush of air had actually been able to. However, the feeling that she was being observed, that secrets were being pullet out of the deepest corners of her soul had abruptly stopped. Puzzled, Selene turned around to stare at the spot Kono was staring at as well, somewhere behind them in the bushes but she did not detect anything. How could she? If the dragon couldn't spot whatever or whoever was hiding there, how should she be able to see more?

And yet, the young woman couldn't help but wonder if that was really movement she had seen? "Kono....", she started but didn't finish it. Maybe she was just imagining things. There was no other explanation for it. Shaking her head, she wanted to turn back to the food and forget about the whole thing, but then, there it was again. Only the slightest waving of the leaves in a tall bush. Selene stared back at the dragon who kept flicking his eyes between her and the spot where the observer might be hiding.

As his voice called out to the silent intruder, Selene half expected nothing to happen, but she had been wrong yet again. For a moment there was absolute silence, but after only a short while a rather fragile voice called out: "I didn't mean you any harm. I apologise if I offended you." No face or body appeared to the voice, as if there was something to hide after all. "Why isn't he showing herself?" Selene whispered, eyes wandering between the dragon and the hiding place of the voice. She couldn't even determine for sure whether the voice belonged to a male or a female being. It had sounded so human, so easily to wound, but was it just an illusion or was it reality? Selene couldn't tell for sure and in this case, she preferred to rely on Kono's instincts, he was much more experienced in these things than she was, had seen much more of the world than she could ever imagine she would see. Thus, she stayed where she was, not leaving her eyes of the scene and tried to be invisible.
Back to top Go down
lastinginthenight
Experienced Roleplayer
lastinginthenight

Things that I am :
  • Really Too Kind

PostSubject: Re: Demons and Angels (Lastinginthenight X Eldarwen)   Demons and Angels (Lastinginthenight X Eldarwen) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 30, 2009 3:39 pm

Kono narrowed his eyes. He had seen the movement of the brush as well and that served as his point of reference. He thought he spotted scals in the dark and huffed, a plum of smoke escapeing his nose.

He raised his head as the voice answered him he raised his lip and tucked his wings back into a comfortable position stepping fowards towards the voice a few paces. "I told you to show yourself. I don't trust faceless voices." The voice did not sound threatening at all, but he had learned not to trust anyones voice. The voice of a slayer could be just as sweet with a blade in his hand. Kono snorted again in frustration and shook the thought from his head. Now was not the time to put himself even more on edge than he already was.
Back to top Go down
Eldarwen
Admin
Eldarwen

Things that I am :
  • Alarmingly Excellent
  • Minion of Monty
  • Thrall of Zay

PostSubject: Re: Demons and Angels (Lastinginthenight X Eldarwen)   Demons and Angels (Lastinginthenight X Eldarwen) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Oct 04, 2009 7:27 pm

Deep down in the bushes, or probably not quite as deep down as she had hoped to be, Abraxas was wondering what to do next. The other dragon seemed to begin to be rather angered and she didn't want to have a dragon at her back that was several times her size. She was having some of her good days, which also meant that it would be harder for her to defend herself. The orange and brown horse dragon was an angel when bumped into when she was having a good day, but when she was having a bad day, the only advice was to stay as far away from her as possible. She might not look like it, but she could be dangerous.

As she was shifting around behind the branches and leaves, parts of her body were glimmering through for the whole world to see and she embarrassingly realised that she had gotten out of hiding practice. They should not even have noticed her, especially not the human. It made her wonder what that girl was that she noticed the dragon watching her and thus, it made her want to meet her up close. "Alright, alright, don't wet your pants, I'm coming over." The other dragon's tone was slightly annoying Abraxas, but she couldn't blame him. She would have reacted in the same way if it had been him sneaking around and up on her.

Selene was peering around Kono, curious to see what the creature would look like. The voice had sounded a little less friendly than before, but being pushed to do something one didn't really want to do had that effect on almost everyone. As the creature wriggled through the bushes, the young woman was surprised and blinked, having to look twice before recognising a dragon had stepped into view. It was chocolate brown with orange mane and tail and it looked like it was half horse, half dragon. The powerful hind legs were reptilian, covered in scales and the claws were gripping the earth tightly, as if the dragon was constantly prepared to flee. The front part of the obviously female dragon's body was elegant as horse can be though her face was still too far away to be properly distinguished and on top of it, the mane was falling in large strains over her eyes.

The dragon slowly moved towards them, movements slow and predictable, as though she wanted to be clear in her intentions, that she meant no harm. Selene questioningly looked at Kono, not daring to ask out loud what he thought, in case the other dragon might hear. For her part, she didn't know what to think really. The dragon did not look threatening from where she was standing but she might be mistaken.
Back to top Go down
lastinginthenight
Experienced Roleplayer
lastinginthenight

Things that I am :
  • Really Too Kind

PostSubject: Re: Demons and Angels (Lastinginthenight X Eldarwen)   Demons and Angels (Lastinginthenight X Eldarwen) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 23, 2009 5:23 pm

As if in answer to Selenes unspoken question Kono blew out a last puff of smoke and plopped down grabbing the deer he had and offering the new dragon half. "It is nice to meet you. I am Kono may I inquire as to what your name is?" He asked kindly. The tense atmosphere around him seemed to drop suddenyl though there was still the slightest trace of caution around him.

He looked to Selene and cocked hid head and made a light coughing chuckle. He smiled, "You look striken." He said calmly refering to the rather suprised look on her face as she caught a look at the dragon. But he had to admit the female was rather elegant and smooth in appearence.
Back to top Go down
Eldarwen
Admin
Eldarwen

Things that I am :
  • Alarmingly Excellent
  • Minion of Monty
  • Thrall of Zay

PostSubject: Re: Demons and Angels (Lastinginthenight X Eldarwen)   Demons and Angels (Lastinginthenight X Eldarwen) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 02, 2009 8:07 pm

A tiny wave of anxiety made its way through Abraxas' body when she noticed that both the dragon and the woman were looking her over, probably taking in every little detail. Her muscles relaxed a tad when the other dragon suddenly changed attitude and introduced himself, though it did catch her off guard because it was more abrupt than she'd have expected. A glance towards the young woman told her that she was not quite as secure and didn't know what to make of the situation. The dragon on the other hand looked very imposing, huge but still elegant with broad muscled wings, implying that he was probably a very skilled flyer.

The girl looked at Kono, grinning uncertainly, nodding in response to his statement. In fact, Selene was still considering the horse dragon - she could not think of another word to describe the dragon that was moving towards herself and Kono - and really did not know how to interpret all of the happenings. While she was pondering whether she should join Kono and give her name as well, the horse dragon already took up action and replied: "My name is Abraxas." With a slight smile playing around her lips, she added: "It is nice to meet you too." Though Selene wasn't sure the dragon really meant it as she was still glancing to both of them with a very taxing look. Another glance in Selene's direction let her know that the dragon wanted to know her name as well, but apparently didn't want to push the matter.

Cautiously, Abraxas covered the last few steps between herself and the other two and settled close to them but still at a safe distance. "And I am Selene," she finally added, trying to refrain from letting the curiosity show too much in her voice. The dragon was contemplating Selene as much as the girl was Abraxas. The latter couldn't help herself but feel that there was something different about the girl but she couldn't place her finger on what it was. Almost the same thought brushed through Selene's brain but before she could investigate it further, she pushed it aside for a later moment in time and concentrated on the situation at hand.

"What are you doing out here in the woods?" Abraxas decided to take the direct approach, otherwise this could become rather awkward, she figured.
Back to top Go down
lastinginthenight
Experienced Roleplayer
lastinginthenight

Things that I am :
  • Really Too Kind

PostSubject: Re: Demons and Angels (Lastinginthenight X Eldarwen)   Demons and Angels (Lastinginthenight X Eldarwen) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 08, 2010 6:21 pm

Kono rolled onto his side slightly relaxing his legs. And pushed the deer closer to Abraxas "It is very nice to finally know your name." He stated kindley.he cocked his head watching the dragon, then watching Selene. He flicked his tail supressing a chuckle. "Your faces are identical." He laughed then settled down and started munching on the head of the deer.

Kono stopped as Abraxas questioned why they were here in the forest. He swallowed and raised his head, "I have visited this place many times. I just come here to relax. I do not quite know the reason for Selens adventure into this forest, But I doubt any harm could be brought by it. She can't find her way around a meal." He chuckled teasingly.
Back to top Go down
Eldarwen
Admin
Eldarwen

Things that I am :
  • Alarmingly Excellent
  • Minion of Monty
  • Thrall of Zay

PostSubject: Re: Demons and Angels (Lastinginthenight X Eldarwen)   Demons and Angels (Lastinginthenight X Eldarwen) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 14, 2010 11:55 am

The horse dragon looked at the deer Kono had pushed closer, then at Kono, then back to the deer, a look of utter disgust flowing over her face. "I don't eat meat," she finally stated, trying to stay matter of fact as she did not want to sound rude. It was not his fault, how was he supposed to know that she was an herbivore.

Selene kept observing Abraxas, without wanting to be staring, but this turned out slightly more difficult than she had imagined. She had to grin at Kono's comment, loosening up a little, letting her muscles relax, even though she had not even notice them tense that much. The dragon seemed utterly at peace, satisfied with having filled his stomach and apparently quite pleased with teasing Selene already... "Hey! That is not true! I so can get myself something to eat!" Then she had to laugh as she knew herself that it wasn't really true. She could get by, that was for sure, but it was not going to be a feast like this every day. "You're probably right," she gave in. "I'm not quite the woodsperson." All the while she kept returning her gaze to the horse dragon, unable to stop wondering about the creature.

Abraxas was looking from one to the other. Funny combination, those two. Shaking her head, she couldn't stop herself from letting a smile play around her lips when she listened to their conversation. She did not even let the girl answer Kono's question but immediately replied: "No matter what her intentions are, you both better watch your step. This is not the safest of places to be wandering about, or to relax. Haven't you heard anything of what is going on around here?" It actually came as quite a surprise to the horse dragon that Kono was coming to this specific place to relax as the rumours had been spreading, overflowing more and more with creepiness. As for Selene, Abraxas was rather sure that she had never heard of them. The girl did not strike as the kind that would meddle in these kinds of things, thus she would of course not have heard a word.
Back to top Go down
lastinginthenight
Experienced Roleplayer
lastinginthenight

Things that I am :
  • Really Too Kind

PostSubject: Re: Demons and Angels (Lastinginthenight X Eldarwen)   Demons and Angels (Lastinginthenight X Eldarwen) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 30, 2010 2:13 pm

Kono took the deer back, "My appologies, please pardon me." He pushed it back between him and selene, but not before grabbing another bite for himself.

He laughed at selene's response, "From my perspective, not quite the woodsperson is an understatement. Your not at all the woodsperson.

He cocked his head confused, "I have heard no rumors, but i have not been around these parts in at least a decade, I just came back, and have met no one other Selene until now." He motioned to Abraxas as he finished. "What rumors have been going around?" He shifted looking about, the forest did seem different now that he looked at it, and his tail curled more instictivly and his shoulders tensed expecting some monster to burs out of the trees, but the woods seemed to have changed no more than he would have expected them to in ten years.
Back to top Go down
Eldarwen
Admin
Eldarwen

Things that I am :
  • Alarmingly Excellent
  • Minion of Monty
  • Thrall of Zay

PostSubject: Re: Demons and Angels (Lastinginthenight X Eldarwen)   Demons and Angels (Lastinginthenight X Eldarwen) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 02, 2010 10:12 pm

Selene shot Kono a dirty look but had to grin, after all she did go fishing for that one. The rumours caught her attention though. She looked at the horse dragon, eyebrows slightly raised and waiting for Abraxas to relate a bit more, which the dragon of course did immediately. Looking from one to the other, a slight mischievous glitter in her eyes, she did wonder how nobody had heard of these stories, but she figured that Selene would not hear of them and if Kono had not been around for so long, then, well, of course he couldn't quite have heard anything.

"For quite a few months now, rumours have been growing of a dark shading seeping over the lands, yet nobody has been able to see details. It comes in the deepest hours of the night and consumes everyone that comes in touch with it, yet nobody knows how this happens exactly. People have been scared in the smaller villages closer to the forests and not leaving their houses after dark, fewer wild life is to be seen. It's the small details that make you aware that something is really out there and it's just not some hocus pocus invented to scare children at night. Nobody knows where it came from, nobody knows how it came here, nobody knows why it is here. More and more imps have been seen crouching in the shadows, yet nothing serious seems to have happened." Abraxas cocked her head to the side, wondering what else there was to add. "Except of course the several people that have gone missing.."

Selene's eyes had widened more and more while listening to the horse dragon's stories, but somehow she could not bring herself to believe any of it, especially since Abraxas had been grinning most of the time. Of course, it was obvious that she loved to relate the rumours and to tell them something new, yet... Selene wasn't sure how much of this could be trusted to be real.
Back to top Go down
lastinginthenight
Experienced Roleplayer
lastinginthenight

Things that I am :
  • Really Too Kind

PostSubject: Re: Demons and Angels (Lastinginthenight X Eldarwen)   Demons and Angels (Lastinginthenight X Eldarwen) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 30, 2010 1:38 pm

Kono's eyes narrowed. "And just where is this shade. There seemed to be plenty fo deer here. Also, have any dragons dissapeared?" He almost couldn't beleive her story, and yet stranger things had happened. a hundred years ago an entire city of people had all vanished in one night, taking nothing with them. Even the clothes that had been on their backs remained after them.

He turned to slene to see how she was doing. Her eyes looked horrified. He flicked his tail so that his body almost made a full circle arouns selene and what remained of the deer. Turning back to Abarax he looked her straight in the eye. "Where did you hear this rumor from anyway?" He questioned seriously.
Back to top Go down
Eldarwen
Admin
Eldarwen

Things that I am :
  • Alarmingly Excellent
  • Minion of Monty
  • Thrall of Zay

PostSubject: Re: Demons and Angels (Lastinginthenight X Eldarwen)   Demons and Angels (Lastinginthenight X Eldarwen) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 08, 2010 7:32 am

Abraxas narrowed her eyes at the other dragon, not enjoying his questionning. It wasn't her inventions she had related, not at all. Even though she liked a bit of trouble now and then, she was not the one going around, bursting out hideous facts and frightening people with something like this, something that could just as well turn out to be quite real. "Fine, don't believe me," she snapped, "but you know just as well as I do that there is always some truth in even the most ridiculous rumour."

The girl jumped slightly as the spine razor dragon protectively curled his tail around her body but she did not flinch away. First of all, because it was a nice gesture and second, she was unsure whether she was able to move at this moment in time. Somehow, the rumours had gripped her more than she had thought they would. She had heard nothing in the likes and she was glad she hadn't. Of course, it was typical. Whenever she dared doing something, like venturing out into the world, or even just the woods, something insane was bound to happen, and here she was... Surrounded by two dragons talking about a mysterious shade that was hunting any living creature crossing its path. What a wonderful thought.

Selene looked from Kono to Abraxas, not daring to interfere in their discussion. Dragon versus Dragon, it was nothing she wanted to get involved in, yet there seemed to be no way out of it, especially now that Kono had encircled her with his tail. The horse dragon finally decided to answer Kono's question: "As far as the deer are concerned, it's just as well there are still lots left, a shortage of food supplies for dragons would not be the best thing to happen around here. So far, it seems as if the Shade has not had any effect on dragons, but how knows? There's quite a few that live rather solitary lives, so it would be hard to find out whether they're still around or have disappeared, or maybe just migrated on." Indeed, she had heard nothing about dragons so far, but that didn't mean anything. "The travellers have been talking about it, those that are most likely to encounter such events on the road. As they started spreading the word, the villagers became more cautious, but those that did disappear don't have the means to let the remaining ones know what has happened to them. All that is left, is to guess until we know for sure what is happening."
Back to top Go down
lastinginthenight
Experienced Roleplayer
lastinginthenight

Things that I am :
  • Really Too Kind

PostSubject: Re: Demons and Angels (Lastinginthenight X Eldarwen)   Demons and Angels (Lastinginthenight X Eldarwen) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 29, 2010 5:22 pm

Kono nodded quietly, he did know that most rumors had a grain of truth to them even if the travellers tails were ridiculous. "I understand. I'm sorry if i made you feel mistursted. It's just hard to beleive." He relaxed slightly though his tail didn't move. "where was this shade last spotted. Maybe it's just a creature that likes to feast on such things."

Kono looked down to Selene, "are you alright? Your as pale as a ghost." He lowered his head down to Selene's level, uncurling his tail so he wasn't resting his head on his own spikes and looked her right in the eyes with one of his, curiously letting out a puff of smoke from his nostrils. Though at the same time hat he was looking at Selene he kept his ears open to what Abarax had to say.
Back to top Go down
Eldarwen
Admin
Eldarwen

Things that I am :
  • Alarmingly Excellent
  • Minion of Monty
  • Thrall of Zay

PostSubject: Re: Demons and Angels (Lastinginthenight X Eldarwen)   Demons and Angels (Lastinginthenight X Eldarwen) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed May 05, 2010 8:35 pm

Abraxas huffed, not quite sure she should accept the apology, as she was not quite certain the spine razor dragon was serious. But there were other matters to think about than whether it was honest or not. "I am not quite sure when it was last seen. Some have spoken about the Shade being seen in the forests not too far from here," Abraxas paused when she saw Selene growing even paler. The girl was not only resembling a ghost like Kono had so well remarked, but she was beginning to almost look transparent.

Fighting hard not to let it get to her, Selene intently listened to the horse dragon continue her tales, even though there was not that much to it, but the fact alone that the Shade had been seen so close to where they were now scared her witless. The most frightening about all of this was that nobody knew exactly what this Shade was, or what exactly it did, how it came about, why it was there... And asking all these questions out loud wouldn't change a thing, Kono didn't know and Abraxas would have said if she did.

Abraxas then continued, unphased about the girl's complexion: "Some of said it had been seen at the foot of the mountains, which is a little further off. But rumours are spreading far and wide relatively soon, so it wouldn't surprise me if sightings were to be reported from other places soon enough as well. But who knows where it really is and how it gets about." As expected, the girl was not all too pleased by this, probably fearing that the Shade could be appearing behind them as they were speaking, but Abraxas didn't think that would happen. A grin began to spread across her face as she saw the spine razor dragon bend down towards the girl. This should be good, she thought.

And right on cue, Selene jumped in fright and let out a scream when Kono's face suddenly appeared in front of hers and his eyes locked with hers. The puff of smoke was the last straw and Selene scrambled out of the dragon's tail's embrace and sat down on the floor a few paces off from the dragons. "Don't ever scare me like that again!!" she grumbled, catching her breath, heart still beating quickly. "And no, I'm bloody not alright, have you not been listening to this? Yes, yes, it might not be all true, but what if it is?!"
Back to top Go down
lastinginthenight
Experienced Roleplayer
lastinginthenight

Things that I am :
  • Really Too Kind

PostSubject: Re: Demons and Angels (Lastinginthenight X Eldarwen)   Demons and Angels (Lastinginthenight X Eldarwen) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed May 05, 2010 9:59 pm

Kono nearly jumpped himself when Selene screamed. He straightened up in a flash, his eyes wide a dumb expression plastered on his face. He had sat up during his slight jump and now his forelegs were resting between his slpayed hind legs. He flicked his tail around himself and let out another puff of smoke from his nose, "I didn't know humans could be so loud." He grunted ragining his compaser and putting his hind legs back under his butt. "I'm sorry. I didn't mean to frighten you." He looked off towards the mountains in the distance, "Of course I've been listening, but I guess I just don't scare as easily...probably because- never mind" he chuckled the last bit. Laughing at his own personal joke then returned his gaze to Abarax, " Why havn't you left? There may be no rumors so far of the shade effectign dragons, but as you've pointed out. Many dragons live very isolated lives. Whatever this is could be going after Dragons as well."
Back to top Go down
Eldarwen
Admin
Eldarwen

Things that I am :
  • Alarmingly Excellent
  • Minion of Monty
  • Thrall of Zay

PostSubject: Re: Demons and Angels (Lastinginthenight X Eldarwen)   Demons and Angels (Lastinginthenight X Eldarwen) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun May 09, 2010 3:36 pm

The horse dragon began laughing out loud when Kono was set back on his haunches as Selene began screaming. It was too funny to let the situation pass by without making fun of it and Abraxas had no shame in doing so. "For a dragon as widely traveled as you are, you should know that humans can indeed be very loud." Still snickering, the horse dragon's laughter was contagious and despite herself and the scare she'd got, Selene began laughing along with her. Watching Kono put himself back in a comfortable position was almost just as funny as seeing him sprawled on his butt.

She quickly sobered up though as Kono did not finish the rest of his sentence, immediately sensing that he was about to say something negative, probably about her and she was not about to let him off that easily. She wanted to know what he was about to say so she could at least defend herself. She might do him wrong, but it struck a note inside her that he stopped at this bit. "What?! Probably because what?" And then she realised that he was chuckling, which meant that he probably hadn't even meant it the way she'd taken it. Had he just made a joke and I've totally not gotten it? The girl felt rather stupid, and turned her attention away from the dragons to stare at the floor in front of her.

The horse dragon sensed that the situation was about to be a little awkward, so she simply ignored Selene's piercing question and replied to Kono: "If this thing is indeed hunting down dragons already as well, it might already be too late to run or hide. But I'm actually on my way to find a place to go to. Though I don't know where that is yet... Since I don't know where else the Shade has been seen. It's not been remaining in the same spot all the time, even though it apparently hasn't moved out of the forests around here. Or.... there's more than one."
"More than one?" Selene did not like the sound of that. "If that really is the case then there is nowhere to run for anyone!"
The horse dragon simply nodded in response. "I'm not quite sure it's the best plan, but I'm thinking of heading into the mountains. It might not go there, seeing there's less people around, but there's no way of ever being sure."
Back to top Go down
lastinginthenight
Experienced Roleplayer
lastinginthenight

Things that I am :
  • Really Too Kind

PostSubject: Re: Demons and Angels (Lastinginthenight X Eldarwen)   Demons and Angels (Lastinginthenight X Eldarwen) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 22, 2010 4:20 am

Kono snorted, "I may be widely travled, but I tend not to stay around human villages." He defended himself making a pouty face. The way he was holding himself, someone could have sworn his scales puffed up defensively. (but he didn't have control over them in any way, so of course that person would have been mistaken)

Konon shook his head when Selene asked, "Absolutely nothing. Don't worry about it." He ooked towards the mountains then back across the forest, "I may follow you, but I want to check out the areas where the shade has been as well. I want to see the extent of whats happened." Kono lifted his gaze towards the tree tops and her narrowed his gaze trying see something far beyond his actual eyesight.
(sorry it's so short)
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Demons and Angels (Lastinginthenight X Eldarwen)   Demons and Angels (Lastinginthenight X Eldarwen) - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Demons and Angels (Lastinginthenight X Eldarwen)
Page 2 of 7Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Non-Canon RolePlay :: Roleplaying Archives-
Jump to: