Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

(C2, Didienne) The Greatest 10; a Meeting with the High Council & Other Events (13th Board)

Go down 
+2
Echo
Zay
6 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3
AuthorMessage
Eldarwen
Admin
Eldarwen

Things that I am :
  • Alarmingly Excellent
  • Minion of Monty
  • Thrall of Zay

Female Loveliness : 68

(C2, Didienne) The Greatest 10; a Meeting with the High Council & Other Events (13th Board) - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: (C2, Didienne) The Greatest 10; a Meeting with the High Council & Other Events (13th Board)   (C2, Didienne) The Greatest 10; a Meeting with the High Council & Other Events (13th Board) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 18, 2013 7:04 am

“A feast isn’t going to feed us for more than just that one day. A feast isn’t going to give us the means to get by for longer than you deem fit with your feast,” the Butcher replied picking up on what a couple of people from the crowd had been shouting, his voice suddenly level, the anger blown over. There was no need for fury anymore, the Guardians had heard their plea and they were more than willing to stand up for the people, against the council. Just like he, they even, had wanted them to. That particular knowledge sent a wave of joy and satisfaction, even calm, through his body. Their mission was accomplished, and successfully at that. But there was one last thing to do. “It is not our duty to feed the mouths of every single person on Dragons’ Cove. Your taxes are an excuse to increase your own riches, and if you had really been doing your jobs,” now his stare was bouncing to Innace with an openly hostile glare, “none of this would have happened.”

Returning his gaze upon Skeloph, he added: “All you ever do is talk, but still no action is taken.” Finally facing the Guardian dragons, the Butcher continued, slightly bowing his head to them as he did so. “In the name of all those present, I thank you for your support and for listening to our complaints, and above all, to take them seriously. I apologise for having disrupted your meeting, but it was the only way to show you what the people of Didienne have had to suffer for many years already. And now with the winds of change blowing, I can only hope that, despite all the problems that seem to occur in the West, especially Racksom,” once again he openly glared at councilor Innace and this time his gaze remained there, “something good will come out of his for all of us.”

Innace could feel the hatred wafting off this man and it was obvious every time this… this… rioter looked at him. The councilor ignored it, waving it off as the silly notions of a man who had no clue what he was doing, of a man who had no idea who he was dealing with or what this was even all about. Not even their information on the war had been correct.
Ha! Preposterous of them to think that they could make even a tiny bit of a difference. Everyone was set in their ways, the Didienners, the council, even the Guardians. They wouldn’t do a thi… What?!

Ripped out of his musings at the sound of Feronia’s voice agreeing with the populace, Innace set up straighter in his chair. Skeloph, the pretentious snake, was trying to turn things into their favour but even though she was good with words – yes, he grudgingly had to admit that she did have a few assets, if most of them were physical – did not manage to turn things around in their favour.
Things gradually became worse with every word the red one uttered and Innace was more and more uncomfortable in his seat. And when the second Guardian chimed in to support his ‘sister’, Innace felt as though his seat was on fire. Fidgeting and shifting nonstop, he wanted nothing more than to get out of that hall. Right now.

When the infamous rioter spoke up again, Innace notice him stare at him again and with an uncanny feeling of ill-boding, he knew that his man had it in for him. For him. Personally. But he wasn’t going to jump up and say something. Oh no, no. He wasn’t going to give the man that satisfaction. With a bit of luck, he could scrape out of this and wave the man off in a few minutes as though nothing had happened. If only the bastard would stop staring at him!

Back to top Go down
Artemis
Artemis

Things that I am :
  • ME Meercat
  • SR Salamander
  • DDC Dingo
  • Alarmingly Excellent
  • Dragon Hoarder
  • Troll Fanatic
  • Medium Poster
  • Chatbox Spammer
  • Really Too Kind
  • Rebel of Rogue

Female Loveliness : 73

(C2, Didienne) The Greatest 10; a Meeting with the High Council & Other Events (13th Board) - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: (C2, Didienne) The Greatest 10; a Meeting with the High Council & Other Events (13th Board)   (C2, Didienne) The Greatest 10; a Meeting with the High Council & Other Events (13th Board) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 18, 2013 5:43 pm

(OOC: Behemoth of a reply, I'm sorry NOO)
Finally, Skeloph saw an opportunity to separate herself from the rest of the Council in a way that might actually be taken notice of. And it was undoubtedly time to; things were going downhill swiftly, and the majority of the accusations which had been made against the council were not at all unfounded. When there was a pause in the flow of conversation long enough for her to break in, Skeloph leant forwards and smoothly addressed the general assembly.
“How true your words are, Feronia,” she said icily, meeting the dragon’s gaze. “Certainly my colleagues are weaklings and cowards, those of them who managed to turn up… Though there are only four here, not five. I am sure you can be forgiven for that; you can have little cause for counting in the wilderness.” She smiled sweetly at the dragon, as innocent as if butter wouldn’t melt in her mouth. “Perhaps the issue lies in the fact that power is equally divided between any who blunder their way into council seats rather than allocated with any kind of reason or intelligence behind it. After all, how am I to reduce the taxes or use them to benefit the people of Dragons Cove when nine votes out of ten will say no every time I make a suggestion which would have the slightest chance of disadvantaging one of my esteemed colleagues? It is difficult to judge which individuals among a group are the incompetent ones when you have spent little time with them, I agree.” For once she was speaking the absolute truth, not even making a dig at the guardians for their absence. She had learnt the hard way during her short time as a Councillor that no matter what she herself did, as long as she was one of the ten that was all she would be regarded as.

“Guardians, people of Didienne… you the leader they have selected, may I know your name so that I may properly address you as you speak out for the population? Typhon, you speak of finding replacements. Naturally in the long term replacing the other councillors is the best way to proceed, but right now I fear it is simply undoable. I can personally guarantee you that nobody taken from the noble houses of Didienne will be the type of person you envisage ruling Dragons Cove. Others in the city will not know enough of the politics and happenings of the island to become up to speed in time to act against the Surahnians; the rest could be said of any across the land, not to mention that they would not have time to travel to Didienne to take up their new position. I myself am already present, I would go so far as to say that I am more involved with the current workings of Dragons Cove than any other… not to mention that my area of expertise within the Council is that of foreign relations. Kaionarians, I can assure you, have me well-versed in the realm of negotiations… no loophole will slip by me in a treaty. You have not mentioned abolishing the Council entirely, Guardians; you acknowledge that a human leader of some kind is necessary in Didienne. For now, I see no reason why that leader should not be me.

“People, I heard you call out asking what will become of the war. I heard you say that the taxes you are asked to pay are unreasonable, that you cannot afford to pay them and to live. Let me address both these issues in one. All attempts to make peace with the Surahnians will be made, but it is entirely possible that we will be unable to. That would leave our only options as surrendering to their rule or going to war. Life under them will undoubtedly be miserable. I would be amazed if we did not suffer persecution at the hands of these foreigners. If we go to war, however, we will need fighters. I appreciate that the majority of you are untrained and perhaps have no desire to become a warrior, but you are those who would have to fight: youthful, strong, full of fire and willpower. The strength of your characters is easy to behold in how you have come here today to fight for your rights. Which brings me onto the issue of taxes. Yes, you have been fleeced of your hard-earnt profits. The rest of the Council spend taxes on their personal comforts. Let me promise you, however, that it is something I have never done. I do not deny, of course, that my expenditure is great, but all of that money is that which my family possess and have done for years. Money that we should not, perhaps, keep to ourselves but spend throughout Didienne so that we may pass it on to you the people. That is not a topic for now, however. Allow me to lead you to war, and I will strip your taxes down to the bare minimum needed to maintenance the cities of Dragons Cove. The reduction will be significant; unfortunately my position as being in charge of foreign relations allows me little say in the finances of the island, but that does not I am not aware of their workings. No reward for me should be required, of course, but I would ask that in return you would fight to defend your homes, should you be called upon. And those of you who are blacksmiths, or perhaps leatherworkers; aid the war effort. Craft weapons and armour to outfit your neighbours to fight. We must all hope that this conflict does not to come to further battle, but if it does then we must be ready. I know that one man cannot speak every concern of every one of you, but I will strive to hear them all in good time and in this moment I ask him to speak for you. Perhaps his representation of you as a group could be taken further and he could join myself and the guardians in guiding the country through these difficult times, but in this moment… What do you say to my proposal? And you, Guardians? I cannot back up my talk with action if you do not give me a chance to do so.” The man was obviously intelligent, and schooled- or so it would seem from his eloquence in addressing the guardians. Doubtless he was sharp enough to judge his response and make it logically, and to appreciate the logic of her own arguments. If, however, he was as stupid as some of those who occupied the other chairs on the High Councillors’ horseshoe then likely he would stubbornly stick to his refusal to work with her and his devotion to the guardians.
Back to top Go down
Monty
Admin
Monty

Female Loveliness : 11

PostSubject: Re: (C2, Didienne) The Greatest 10; a Meeting with the High Council & Other Events (13th Board)   (C2, Didienne) The Greatest 10; a Meeting with the High Council & Other Events (13th Board) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Apr 20, 2013 10:37 pm

Out of all the things Silverwing was expecting to get out of the meeting, a riot wasn’t one of them.
As the mob entered the hall, he flicked his tail in annoyance and allowed his gaze to blaze towards the leader of the group. Things weren’t going well with the council as it was and they didn’t have the time to be dealing with a distraction, no matter how important. Or so he thought.
As arguments passed and people voiced their opinions openly, his anger lessened and he turned slightly to give each person the full attention of his icy glare.
His wings twitched in agreement as Feronia spoke out. She put the matter plainly. The Council had done close to nothing these past few years, and they argued that they had been no different. But the matter was; they needed them now, and they actually needed them to do something before it was too late. Yes, he admitted, it could be argued it was the Guardians fault in allowing Racksom to fall, but if neither party resolved anything anytime soon, then they would have no one to blame but themselves for when the Surahnians next strike. And perhaps the chaotic nature as to which the meeting was heading was the push they needed to make a change. For which, the mob actually had his gratitude, although he would not say it openly.
He raised his head in acknowledgement to his kin.
“If a change is not made after the presence of three Guardians and a riot from you own people, then I doubt nothing will make you see reason ever again. Yes, the Surahnians have captured one of the stones and if that fails to capture you attention then woe to us all. I agree with Feronia that a something must be done and the fate decided now if we have any hopes to resolve this nonsense.”

Now he turned to Skeloph who seemed to jump at the opportunity to talk and be heard. He forced himself from scoffing at the phrase ’ruling Dragons Cove’ and he wasn’t sure whether the words held truth or stood before them was just another opportunist; whether what was spoken was just what the crowd wanted to hear. It was only when the question was directed at the Guardians openly did he pause and consider everything that had been said.
“A nice speech.” He said in the kindest way he could while trying to hold back the hint of a growl. “And yet again it seems our hopes land on chance. But I feel it is the people you should ask an answer from more so than us, for it is not us who have been wronged, so to speak. But if you are able to accomplish what you say, then I must admit I would be persuaded to back you.” His tone of voice didn’t agree with his words, and he wondered in what way his response would be taken. But nonetheless, he dipped his head to look at the crowd again, awaiting their response and knowing full well it would be somewhat interesting to see how they fared with the matter.
Back to top Go down
https://dragonscove.darkbb.com
Aero
Aero

Things that I am :
  • ME Meercat
  • Alarmingly Excellent
  • Dragon Hoarder
  • Gold Hoarder
  • Troll
  • Medium Poster
  • Chatbox Spammer
  • Rebel of Rogue

Female Loveliness : 25

PostSubject: Re: (C2, Didienne) The Greatest 10; a Meeting with the High Council & Other Events (13th Board)   (C2, Didienne) The Greatest 10; a Meeting with the High Council & Other Events (13th Board) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Apr 21, 2013 12:01 am

Feronia saw red. Every word that dripped from the woman's lips was only more oil to the flame as she dribbled on and on in her self-engrossed speech. How dare she -dare she- to openly insult her, a Guardian Dragon, so blatantly and with such a serene smile? Not even Silverwing's agreement with her suggestion to remove the current Council members and strike a reform could hope to dull the rage that simmered just below the surface until the very air was almost shimmering with her barely controlled rage.

Kodland, too, was feeling bitter about being thrown so unceremoniously under the wagon. "Councilor Skeloph, your speech is as lovely as ever, but you can hardly wash your hands of your own doings. The decisions made in this chamber on the welfare of the city have been-"

"SILENCE!" Feronia roared, her voice booming around the stone chamber and created a silence so deafening that even breathing seemed painfully loud in comparison. "Enough of this back biting!" She hissed at Kodland, then leveled her glare straight at Skeloph. "Your plan, as I hear it, is to take you and raise you to a seat of power over your colleagues. You would dismiss them later, but in the meantime, these Councilors, which your yourself have agreed are performing at a sub-par level, would continue to be in control of the fates of everyone in this room." She let her words hang in the air for only as long as necessary so that everyone was properly uncomfortable. "I cannot support you. I will not support you. What do you know of war, Councilor Skeloph? What do you know of the bloodshed that is to come? Nothing. The people who would go to this war and fight the threat that is poised to swallow our way of living completely in the maw of destruction will die and bleed while you sit here pouring over papers and riches and think yourself some saint who has led Dragons Cove out of her darkest era. The soldiers who will sacrifice their life for a better future deserve better than that. They deserve better than you."

She took a deep breath, calming some of her rage and took on a more calmed tone, though her inflection was no less harsh. "Which is why I petition for not only the immediate removal of all current Council members, but also the installment of the Council Major of the Elites to the position of Commander in Chief. We are in a state of extreme emergency. All bureaucratic dealings will come to a halt during the time of the transition. The affairs of Dragons Cove will be handled by the Elites, the real warriors of this nation, and the only ones that will have a chance of protecting the fair people that they are sworn to protect from these foreign invaders. The matter of Councillors will be resolved after the transitional period. We have to protect this land, and we can not do so when you are blocking us every step of the way."
Back to top Go down
http://seroph.deviantart.com/
Zay
Admin
Zay

Things that I am :
  • SR Salamander
  • Medium Poster
  • Platypus
  • Chatbox Spammer
  • Minion of Monty
  • Underling of Eldar

Female Loveliness : 62

PostSubject: Re: (C2, Didienne) The Greatest 10; a Meeting with the High Council & Other Events (13th Board)   (C2, Didienne) The Greatest 10; a Meeting with the High Council & Other Events (13th Board) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Apr 21, 2013 4:11 pm

In the midst of all the scuffles of talking Farios had held his peace, this was not what he had imagined a meeting of the Council to be like. In fact, it was more than a little disillusioning, not as civil or productive as he imagined. Yet, who was he to say? He was merely an adjunct.
The tone had in time risen to a pitch and his feathers ruffled to hear the roar of crowds flood inside the halls, his neck craned to see them all, only held back for all the steps, distance and then the guardian dragons themselves.
It was...a riot?

Farios might have cowered openly in any other situation, but his pride would not allow him to here. Moreso amazing was to see his entire image of the council collapse before his eyes, and without so much as a lick of defence from the council itself; nobody contested their uselessness.
He felt quite deaf, blind and dumb to it all. How did he not see what they did?
He looked urgently to Feronia, the council was being overthrown? Right here and right now, everything was being displaced and he could not say a word for it.

He did not even pass comment on any proposals relating to money, his area, choosing to remain quiet as the truly significant ones bartered with words.
Of all things to happen; the union of High Council and Guardians was being broken- but by their equals...and then the people too.
He scoffed at it, with a shocked denial, in his head. Surely they would not follow with this, they would see the chaos that could ensue...
Everything had been fine until today. He eyed them all, modestly, but bulging with questions and worriment. A few times he ventured to interject politely, but his words were tossed to the air and out of the hall in a matter of moments, he had never felt more feeble than now.

Back to top Go down
http://www.google.co.uk
Eldarwen
Admin
Eldarwen

Things that I am :
  • Alarmingly Excellent
  • Minion of Monty
  • Thrall of Zay

PostSubject: Re: (C2, Didienne) The Greatest 10; a Meeting with the High Council & Other Events (13th Board)   (C2, Didienne) The Greatest 10; a Meeting with the High Council & Other Events (13th Board) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Apr 21, 2013 4:36 pm

The Butcher knew that their intervention had indeed been successful. The council members were now scrabbling for hold on their useless positions, which they were only abusing for power and enriching themselves. There may be the odd exception but over the collective rubble that were the rest of them, they did not manage to shine.
When Feronia’s roar sounded, more than one member of the mob ducked instinctively, wanting to protect their own heads. Her rage was palpable and the people were starting to become edgier again, this time ready to bolt in case her anger would turn towards them. Yet the Butcher remained firmly where he was, upright and unwavering.

When he heard the Guardian dragons judgement, there was no more need for him to reply, in the name of the mob, to Skeloph’s so-called offer. It was settled, and he wholeheartedly agreed with the Guardians to put the Elites in charge. Now, if only Innace could be punished still... but there was no way for him to suggest such a thing without it reflecting badly upon him either and that was entirely not what he wanted. Plus, in the end, it was a side scheme and he would find another way to injure Innace, and if it only meant castrating the bastard for what he had done. The council was out of power, the taxes for their own selfish purposes would stop and that was his foremost concern. For now.

“My dear Guardians, if I may refer back to your earlier question,” the Butcher let the words stir their memories a little before he fell down to one knee before the three dragons, and continued, “my cleaver will be at your disposal in the war. I shall fight for you, for my country, for its inhabitants. I will help you see to it that these lands are purged of the threat in any way you deem fit.” After all, if he died in the process, he had nothing else to lose. The only thing really driving him was revenge upon Innace, and he would see to the satisfaction of that need before he faced his own demise. If it should come to that.

All throughout the yell-fest, Innace held his peace. It was much more to his liking that he went unnoticed in all the chaos. Although he would have had quite a few things to say not only to that annoying red Guardian but also to that increasingly infuriating woman on the council. She should never have been placed here. If it wasn’t for her, they wouldn’t have been in this pickle now. If she had held her peace, the Guardians might just have moved on to the actual business at hand and left everything else the way it was, despite the irritating mob. But they were merely some scum-bags from the general populace, nothing to worry over, nothing to waste a breath over.

Yet when the Butcher offered his services to the Guardian dragons and their cause, and when it seemed as though the motion of overthrowing and replacing the High Council was passed, the rather round councillor couldn’t help but feel very indignant. Yet, he kept his mouth shut. For now, the Butcher’s attention was away from him, and he wanted to keep it that way. Thus, he held his peace, silently fuming on the inside. Well then, he would have to take matters into his own hands then. Behind everyone else’s back. But he didn’t so much care about what would be decided and what all the others would do, he was much more worried about covering his own exquisite posterior.
Back to top Go down
Echo
Experienced Roleplayer
Echo

Things that I am :
  • Dragon Hoarder
  • Short Poster
  • Platypus
  • Chatbox Spammer
  • Rebel of Rogue

Male Loveliness : 14

PostSubject: Re: (C2, Didienne) The Greatest 10; a Meeting with the High Council & Other Events (13th Board)   (C2, Didienne) The Greatest 10; a Meeting with the High Council & Other Events (13th Board) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon May 06, 2013 6:33 am

This had hardly been the day that Typhon would have thought it to be. Though it was a rather interesting one. Much more excitement than he had gotten over the recent years, and he felt that he was not the only one here who felt the same burning that he felt in his chest. Was it just anger, though? Unleashed fury which had been finally released after decades, if not centuries of repression? No, it was something else. A flame which had threatened to snuff itself out from neglect, but had now come back in full force. The power which each of the guardians had welling inside of themselves, yearning to be shown. The monotony was gone. The passion of the Guardians was back.

"I second your motion, Feronia." Typhon said, lifting his head high and scanning the assembly before them. "Though I have a few more additions, if you wouldn't mind. I move that all adjuncts immediately go over the tax code in Didienne, nay that of all of the Cove, and root out any taxes which are deemed trivial and unfair. I also move that all counselors be placed under immediate house arrest, here in the capital, until the time comes where we may deal with them properly. And I do mean all of the counselors." He punctuated this with a firm stamp of his talons, eying the counselors that were here. "Those who have deemed our presence a cursory matter and shrugged off their duties shall be found and brought back here, than they receive the same punishment as those gathered. There will be no excuses from the former counsel against this matter."

With that, he offered the butcher a grateful nod in response to his announcement. "We would be glad to accept to take on any who wish to protect the Cove. No action shall go to waste from now on, I assure you that."

This brought a cheer from the crowd assembled, cries of excitement and release as all of their problems seemed to crumble before their eyes. They hugged, laughed, and hollered as loud as they could, with no signs of dispersing any time soon. One man, beaming, came up and clapped the butcher firmly on his back, gripping shoulder and shaking it in a jovial manner. "You've done it, friend!" He exclaimed, obviously a bit overwhelmed. "Who said we couldn't make a difference, huh?"

Typhon gave a slight smile and rolled his eyes at the clamour, then turned his head to regard the young antler dragon sitting stunned in the group of counsel members. "You there, adjunct. I suggest you go ahead and spread the word of what has happened to your familiars. You have quite a bit of work ahead of you, I'd imagine." What a strange state of affairs this was.
Back to top Go down
Artemis
Artemis

Things that I am :
  • ME Meercat
  • SR Salamander
  • DDC Dingo
  • Alarmingly Excellent
  • Dragon Hoarder
  • Troll Fanatic
  • Medium Poster
  • Chatbox Spammer
  • Really Too Kind
  • Rebel of Rogue

Female Loveliness : 73

PostSubject: Re: (C2, Didienne) The Greatest 10; a Meeting with the High Council & Other Events (13th Board)   (C2, Didienne) The Greatest 10; a Meeting with the High Council & Other Events (13th Board) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed May 29, 2013 8:37 pm

Skeloph inclined her head graciously, with a warm smile, as Silverwing spoke.
“I thank you from my heart for your kind consideration, Guardian Silverwing,” she murmured, before turning her gaze to Kadland as the worm spoke up. She carefully maintained her benevolent smile- until Feronia’s sudden roar broke the soft murmur of the crowd. She hadn’t thought that a Guardian would have such a poor control over her temper. Instinctively she took stock of it; it was just the kind of flaw which could be exploited at a later date, perhaps used to turn an audience against the dragon.

That, however, would prove difficult if her speeches- works of art, each one of them- continued to get this kind of reception. Clearly, her words fell upon deaf ears- Feronia was still trumpeting about the other Councillors remaining in power? Feronia could hardly have shown less understanding of Skeloph if she’d tried. Never would Skeloph willing share power with those vermin- not to mention she’d clearly stated that less than a minute past. A million retaliations whisked through her mind, some of which she was sorely tempted by- after all, what had the Guardians themselves learnt of war in thousands of years of peace?- but she held her tongue. This was a battle she wouldn’t be able to win as long as the Guardians, with all of their undeserved influence, were cutting her down at every corner. It hardly seemed worth making any comments to either Feronia or the Butcher- in fact, she was content to sit out the rest of the meeting in silence before taking her leave of Didienne, until Typhon’s turn came. She tried not to show any reaction to his words aside from a slightly affronted expression, mind racing as she tried to think what best to do. She couldn’t allow herself to become trapped in the palace… so she couldn’t draw attention to herself, couldn’t remain defiant. No matter how much she wanted to point out that letting the brainless adjuncts make decisions was just as bad or worse as leaving the Councillors in command.

Thankful for the powder giving her a pale appearance, Skeloph twisted her face to a queasy sort of expression.
“I… feel somewhat unwell,” she said, trying to make the words sound forced. Maybe a few members of the assembly would be suspicious, if they knew of her impeccably stern composition, but especially those who dismissed women as weak would likely believe that the shock could have brought on sickness. Whisking a dainty lace fan- an unfortunate necessity for any lady of class- from her sleeve, Skeloph began to fan her face frantically. “If I may be excused…” The words trailed off weakly as she rose and made her way to a back door out of the hall, leaning on the arm of a concerned guard for support.

As soon as she was a corridor or so away from the hall, however, her air of illness vanished. Straightening, she half-ran to her rooms, where a team of maids were cleaning and tidying the chambers. In an instant, her personal maid dashed to curtsey before her, head bowed as she awaited commands.
“Gather my possessions, whatever we can take with us at short notice,” Skeloph snapped. “We’ll have one dragon to carry the things, so ensure that we pack lightly. At least one gown for each occasion I might find myself in, and perhaps two extras to wear everyday. Jewellery. Don’t bother with clothes for yourself or makeup, we will be able to purchase more in Racksom. We will need some money, but ensure that more is sent on by another dragon, perhaps with other necessary items. I need not tell you that this is all to be kept only to my most loyal subjects, I am sure. All will be well rewarded; those who betray me, punished most severely.” The maids, she knew, were all loyal to her alone- if through fear and bribery rather than affection. She ensured that much of any who waited upon her.

Within minutes, Skeloph and her personal maid were riding speedily towards the outskirts of the city, where Skeloph paid two dragons well in food and luxuries simply to await her should she need their services. They departed on the back of a horse dragon without delay; Skeloph’s possessions arrived shortly and were dispatched with the other dragon, this one a wolf. If the Guardians and other Defenders of Dragon Cove would not allow her to work with them, Skeloph reasoned, then she would simply have to ally herself with the other side- one which would not be poisoned against her from the start of their acquaintance.

OOC: In case that wasn’t clear, Skeloph’s left the board Razz
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: (C2, Didienne) The Greatest 10; a Meeting with the High Council & Other Events (13th Board)   (C2, Didienne) The Greatest 10; a Meeting with the High Council & Other Events (13th Board) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 09, 2013 9:01 am

Theodonys had the strange feeling that he was having some sort of bad dream. At the same time, he knew that this was happening for real, that what he had feared most had finally happened. Only the timing was very wrong.
A crowd had entered unannounced just as Jeremy collapsed. Things had slowly escalated, resulting in the end of the High Council.

The old Count listened to every speech, keeping silent and holding his son firmly against him. His heart sank when he heard his fellow colleagues’ attempts to save their own interests. Strangely enough, he wasn’t surprised at all. He had refused to see the Council for what it was, clinging to a vision of its past glory where benevolence and guidance were driving the members. There had been the occasional opportunist, but the general voice would silence him and keep Didienne’s best interests at heart. Today was just the opposite. The High Council had been eaten alive by greed and envy. Personal profit and power were driving those gathered in that very room. When he saw Skeloph leaving pretending to feel faint, he didn’t move or say anything. He knew already that she was planning her escape and that she would succeed like any other of those devious council members who didn’t care about the greater good. Those who would remain would be the ones who took their position seriously, who didn’t take advantage. They would pay for the others. Grysebrume realised that it was actually a relief that the Council had been winded up like this. It would be a fresh new start – if Dragon’s Cove survived the war that was – and the country might actually benefit from that.
His only regret was that he had dragged his beloved son into this. He looked down and saw that Jeremy’s eyes were open. He obviously hadn’t missed anything from the talks, remaining quiet to gather his strength. Father and son exchanged a glance. The albino nodded at the silent question he could read in his father’s eyes.

Theodonys gently helped his son in the chair before addressing Typhon:
“I have no intention in contesting your decision. Me and my son should accept the fate dictated by your authority. However, I would like you to consider the following request. I have always welcomed those seeking advice. My door has always been open to the people of Didienne.”
He looked into the crowd and smiled:
“I recognise some of you, who visited either me or Jeremy Erôn and can testify that the Grysebrume family has always been available for whoever needed us. It’s a tradition going on for generations and I beg of you to allow us to maintain it alive despite our being ordered into house arrest. As one of the noble families of Didienne, it is our duty to remain as available as before, especially considering the difficult times ahead of us…”
Back to top Go down
Eldarwen
Admin
Eldarwen

Things that I am :
  • Alarmingly Excellent
  • Minion of Monty
  • Thrall of Zay

PostSubject: Re: (C2, Didienne) The Greatest 10; a Meeting with the High Council & Other Events (13th Board)   (C2, Didienne) The Greatest 10; a Meeting with the High Council & Other Events (13th Board) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 09, 2013 9:08 am

The Butcher nodded at the dragon and then at the man who had clapped him on the back, a small smile playing at the corners of his mouth. “We did it, my friend, we did.” But he was nodding his thanks nonetheless. It felt good to have them back him up and he was glad that they had all so willingly come along. As good as he was at coaxing people into voluntarily doing what he wanted them to, he hadn’t been quite so sure about this endeavour. But, there it was. The motion had really been passed. The council had been disbanded and its former members would all be dealt with in due time.

Yet, the Butcher wanted his own piece of the cake and his eyes briefly flickered to Innace, the largest of the council members as far as the midsection went. The man wasn’t going to escape his fate at the Butcher’s hands, oh no, but the rebel couldn’t help but wonder why Innace wasn’t defending himself. Usually one of the loudest, he was now utterly silent and the Butcher suddenly knew without a doubt that there were devastating secrets involved. A mischievous grin with a malevolent tinge briefly appeared on his face before he hid his thoughts again. He was going to find out what those secrets were and he was going to make Innace’s life a living hell.

After Theodonys had spoken up, much to Innace’s disgruntlement, the Butcher addressed the Guardian dragons again. “I cannot, and do not even want you to change your opinion on the disbanding of the Council, but Count Grysebrume speaks the truth. Many of us,” he gestured to the crowd gathering around him, “have been to see him when we were in need of advice, and I’m sure we would all appreciate if this opportunity were not taken from us. There are not many knowledgeable people the like of us can turn to without needing to empty our pockets even more or for proper honest advice.”

Murmurs rose all around him but none dared to speak up too loudly, merely agreeing to what had just been said. For the most part at least, as not everyone knew the Count and his son from personal acquaintance and experience.

The longer this progressed, the less Innace was amused. And of course he had caught the glance of the Butcher, though he had made a point of not returning the look, though he kept the man in his peripheral vision at all times just to be sure he knew what he was doing. Something about this man unsettled him, and he wondered what it was that he had planned. And Theodonys and the Butcher, now now, since when were they such great friends? Innace could only groan. Now of course the Grysebrume’s reputation would be somewhat secured unlike all the others’. He needed to come up with a plan of his own, and quickly!

Innace wasn’t too fussed however, he was sure that if the man ever decided to move against him he could persuade him with a nice little sum of gold to reconsider whatever action it was he had wanted take. Everybody wanted riches, everybody was buyable. At least in Innace’s world. It was only a matter of price.

House arrest wasn’t something Innace was afraid of. On the contrary, he was glad of it, that way nobody could get at him and he could spend time with his precious treasures without even having to come up with a good reason for it. Nevertheless the whole situation was nagging at him, and his long buried instincts for movement of any sort were beginning to stir a little, urging him to get up out of that chair and get as far away from this room as possible. He really wanted to. He did. But he also wanted to know what was going to happen next, and if he didn’t hear it for himself, he doubted that any of the other council members would tell him. Now, more than ever, it was every man for himself. There was no need for any sort of niceties anymore, now that the façade of the High Council had come crumbling down around them.

Whatever happened next, it would most definitely prove interesting. Or maybe not, depending on one’s point of view.
Back to top Go down
Aero
Aero

Things that I am :
  • ME Meercat
  • Alarmingly Excellent
  • Dragon Hoarder
  • Gold Hoarder
  • Troll
  • Medium Poster
  • Chatbox Spammer
  • Rebel of Rogue

PostSubject: Re: (C2, Didienne) The Greatest 10; a Meeting with the High Council & Other Events (13th Board)   (C2, Didienne) The Greatest 10; a Meeting with the High Council & Other Events (13th Board) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 11, 2013 8:44 pm

The leader of the mob's offer of his service and loyalty calmed Feronia somewhat, but only insomuch as she no longer felt like publicly cracking skulls. That she still would like to do in private.

Typhon's additional restitutions she nodded quietly to, in full agreement. This was not the time to allow these Councillors who, despite a rather through public humiliation and disgrace, would still hold enough wealth and influence to get some sort of revenge, however petty or minor. This abrupt transition needed to be handled as smoothly as able given the circumstances and their lack of trustworthy underlings who would be competent enough to carry out the tasks given to them in the near future.

Feronia said nothing when Councilor Skelloph excused herself from the room, just coldly eyed the silver-tongued witch as she went. Once she had left the room, Feronia turned her head to the nearest guard (all of whom were looking rather shell-shocked at this new development) and beckoned him closer. Dropping her head and her voice, she said; "Spread word to your comrades and commanding officers. All Councilors are to be put under immediate house arrest. Not a single one is allowed to leave their place of residence once they leave these chambers. I want each escorted to their estates and put under careful watch. Not a single one is to leave. Not a single one." She made sure to place heavy emphasis on this, knowing that disloyal men could be bought with coin and favors. "To let them out of their homes for any reason would be deliberate treason against Dragons Cove and against the direct order of the Guardian Dragons. Do you understand?"

The soldier probably didn't, not really, but he was terrified enough to salute and hurriedly excuse himself to pass on the message. Feronia noted to herself that she would need to personally speak with the honor guard Elites as well as the captains of the city patrols to make sure that the common guardsmen did their job.

When she looked back up, the only two councilors that hadn't managed to deeply infuriate her had decided it was their turn to speak. It was somewhat surprising to hear the people's agreement with Theodonys' assertions that they were not cut of the same cloth as their fellows, and this put some true gladness back in her heart. At least not everything they had built so long ago had gone to complete waste. There was some hope left in the world then.

"Your request will be put to serious consideration." Feronia replied with a gracious nod of her head. "Loyalty to the people you rule and serve is often its own reward. When the report has been filed, we will act on our findings to determine your part in the new Council as it arises. For now, please acquiesce your chair to your Adjunct. The investigation will be made as swiftly as we can manage given the circumstances."

She turned to Typhon and said in a lower voice: "I think that it may be high time to visit the Elites here in the city. We have been out of contact with the world for too long."
Back to top Go down
Monty
Admin
Monty

Female Loveliness : 11

PostSubject: Re: (C2, Didienne) The Greatest 10; a Meeting with the High Council & Other Events (13th Board)   (C2, Didienne) The Greatest 10; a Meeting with the High Council & Other Events (13th Board) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 06, 2013 7:59 pm

Silverwing, despite being somewhat on the furious side as well, had to suppress a small smirk as the audience fell completely silent at Feronia’s outburst. It seemed that many had forgotten what wrath a Guardian dragon could bring down upon the heads of those who were ignorant enough to testify them. Although in the near future, it would seem they wouldn’t be so eager subdue to their own naïvety, unless they really were in fact the definition of naïve.

Silverwing found that there was little left to say in the matter, because any questions or concerns had already been asked, or in their case, bellowed across the room in such a short space of time. However, it would seem that if anyone else were able to throw another spanner in the works, it would be the vexatious Skeloph, who had apparently decided that after the wind had turned against her, this council was no longer subject to her interest.
As she left the room at the mention of being ill, he found that once again in the space of a few minutes, he was suppressing a snort of amusement. But as one tide turned, another did also.
It seemed that not everyone was in it for themselves and despite the previous disaster of a conversation, a few people left who could even be considered loyal, did in fact, speak up.

After a few more orders were whispered, Silverwing took a small step forward and curled his long tail around his front legs.
“It seems this will be the last time you find yourself upon those seats, Councillors. So if there are any more pressing matters to discuss, then I suggest you bring them up now, or else hold your tongue for what may be a long time. We have dwelled here too long already and have elements of our own we must deal with, and I don’t think it wise for us to be delayed any longer.” He inclined his head slightly and cast his gaze over to Feronia and Typhon, indicating that he had no more to say.
Back to top Go down
https://dragonscove.darkbb.com
Echo
Experienced Roleplayer
Echo

Things that I am :
  • Dragon Hoarder
  • Short Poster
  • Platypus
  • Chatbox Spammer
  • Rebel of Rogue

Male Loveliness : 14

PostSubject: Re: (C2, Didienne) The Greatest 10; a Meeting with the High Council & Other Events (13th Board)   (C2, Didienne) The Greatest 10; a Meeting with the High Council & Other Events (13th Board) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 16, 2013 5:24 pm

Skeloph's mad dash was... sadly predictable. In fact, he had been almost certain that such an escape would happen, but from Innace. That counselor was instead strangely calm and quiet, quite unlike what he was known for, making Typhon take the mental note to make sure the weasel got a bit more security than was necessary. Skeloph's desertion was already going to be a major thorn in the Cove's side, and they could certainly do without the other.

At least the Grysbrume's showed that, despite the corruption of others, there was still some form of honor and dignity within the counsel's halls. Indeed, he had heard good things about the old man, and it would be a shame to lose any person who held such devotion for their lands. The boy, as well, had been proving himself to be a kind and intelligent individual. As Feronia said, it would definitely be taken into consideration, at least after all of the chaos that reorganizing the entire political lineup was taken care of.

He shared quick glances with Silverwing and Feronia, nodding to them. “Yes, there is no time to waste. Though I would be more at peace if one of us would stay here, to keep an eye on things. I have no qualms with doing so myself, unless either of you would rather have the honors.”  It really did not matter to him; doubtless there would be plenty of action, either way.
Back to top Go down
Aero
Aero

Things that I am :
  • ME Meercat
  • Alarmingly Excellent
  • Dragon Hoarder
  • Gold Hoarder
  • Troll
  • Medium Poster
  • Chatbox Spammer
  • Rebel of Rogue

PostSubject: Re: (C2, Didienne) The Greatest 10; a Meeting with the High Council & Other Events (13th Board)   (C2, Didienne) The Greatest 10; a Meeting with the High Council & Other Events (13th Board) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 23, 2013 9:43 pm

"I will stay." Feronia announced, looking to her two brothers-in-arms. "I wish to see for myself that what was discussed today is seen through to the end. Too long have we been away from these matters of politics, and I would not mind staying in touch with the new Council and our Elites." Besides… She added in their private telepathy link. You have other matters to attend, Typhon. Make sure that mercenary of yours is ready, and that his is able to perform to expectations. Feronia was still doubtful of the merit of this purposed mercenary and made no secret of it with the yellow Guardian, but she was not against the suggestion at this point either. "Once this meeting is concluded, I will do an immediate inspection of the men-at-arms stationed here at the capital. Elites and otherwise. Are there any other issues that need to be discussed, or shall we close this meeting?" Though she phrased it as an open question, her real query was to Silverwing and Typhon. She had little interest in what the Councilors had to say and less patience for more political blather.
Back to top Go down
Eldarwen
Admin
Eldarwen

Things that I am :
  • Alarmingly Excellent
  • Minion of Monty
  • Thrall of Zay

PostSubject: Re: (C2, Didienne) The Greatest 10; a Meeting with the High Council & Other Events (13th Board)   (C2, Didienne) The Greatest 10; a Meeting with the High Council & Other Events (13th Board) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 17, 2013 10:31 am

Innace was uncomfortable with the turn of events, very much so, but there was hardly anything he could do about he situation anymore other than beating a hasty retreat. For the time being, the high council had lost the game and there were many changes to come for sure, but Innace wouldn’t quite give up yet. At least as long as he could keep his riches, he wouldn’t be all too sad despite his position of power having forcefully been removed from him. He had never been fond of the Guardian Dragons and he certainly hadn’t become their friend during this meeting.

On the contrary.

He really should have just gotten out of that place before the shit had hit the fan, but alas, he had not wanted to attract attention and his curiosity had driven him to stay rooted in his chair, but now with the focus of the barely appeased mob flowing over the remaining councillors with a satisfied grin of having successfully arranged a sort revolution, Innace felt overly exposed. He did not like it. He liked attention but not this kind.

“I for one have heard all I need to hear. Take charge if you like. Do it better if you think you can. I shall be in my quarters to which I have been confined on your orders, but I would rather you did not disturb me with your nonsense.” And with those words, Innace hefted himself out of his chair and shuffled towards the backdoor he had initially entered through as quickly as his mass let him.

He may just have dug his grave a little deeper, but he was annoyed and didn’t care. Annoyed that the Butcher had won, annoyed that Skeloph had gotten away that little wench, and even more annoyed that the Guardian Dragons were still revered above all sanity by the people. The Guardians needed to be removed from their pedestal. Sooner rather than later.

He needed to make plans, and most of all, he needed to count his gold. Everyone had a price, Innace merely needed to calculate the right one for this particular task that was beginning to take form in his mind.

By the time Innace had reached the door, someone was already on his tail to make sure that he was actually going home as he had proclaimed he would, much to the Butcher’s satisfaction. If there hadn’t been an official keeping an eye on the council member, the Butcher would have set one of the general populace onto him and he was sure they would very gladly have obliged to do just that.

Nobody seemed to have anything more to add to Feronia’s question and the Butcher merely shook his head briefly to show that he, as the speaker of the mob, didn’t have anything else to say anymore either. He had said what they had come to say and the only two upstanding councillors had made their stand. They would be taken care of in the right way, he was sure. And even if the Guardians should decide not to reward them for their true loyalty, the Butcher was sure the people would still flock to them and they would still keep their position as representors even if unofficially. The people knew who they could turn to, thus they would not give it up.

Soon enough the meeting was adjourned and the mob quickly dispersed back into the streets, instantly starting to spread the word of what had happened. It wouldn’t take long for the fire to spread to the very edges of the city and all of Didienne would be buzzing with the news of the Guardian Dragons’ arrival and their decision to abolish the High Council and take matters into their own hands. Even if only one of them would remain behind in the capital, there would be more than enough rumours with just the doings of one to keep the citizens of Didienne occupied for many more weeks to come. Not in the least, the gossip about the previous high council members would peak, much to Innace’s displeasure most likely, but that thought only made the Butcher grin.

There was much to be done, and this was only the beginning but the Butcher for one was ready to go down fighting with everything he had. A part of his goal had been achieved; now it remained to be seen how soon and how well the next part could be accomplished.

Time would tell.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: (C2, Didienne) The Greatest 10; a Meeting with the High Council & Other Events (13th Board)   (C2, Didienne) The Greatest 10; a Meeting with the High Council & Other Events (13th Board) - Page 3 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

(C2, Didienne) The Greatest 10; a Meeting with the High Council & Other Events (13th Board)
Page 3 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3