Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Chance Meeting [Kor] - Completed

Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
AuthorMessage
nen
nen

Things that I am :
  • ME Meercat
  • SR Salamander
  • Alarmingly Excellent
  • Gold Hoarder
  • Bi-Winning
  • Medium Poster
  • Chatbox Spammer
  • Thrall of Zay
  • Upstart of Aero
  • Rebel of Rogue

Male Loveliness : 8

Chance Meeting [Kor] - Completed Empty
PostSubject: Chance Meeting [Kor] - Completed   Chance Meeting [Kor] - Completed Icon_minitimeSun Jan 15, 2012 3:03 am

She was completely still, hidden among the foliage, her bowstring drawn, the fletching of her arrow brushing her cheek. She'd tracked this one as far in as she dared, if she tread any further back, the male would reach her den, and she'd have to take drastic measures. In the sky, her bird wheeled. At a whistle from her it would dive and pluck the man's nose right off his face before he realized he had fletching tickling his chin. The burn in her shoulders was a familiar and welcome one. She'd been holding her position for two minutes or so. Her bow could not punch an arrow through armor, but the figure didn't seem to be the armored type.

Perhaps his body would yield other treasures, like herbs, money and of course, his clothing. As he neared, the mask piqued her interest. When she killed him, she would keep it.

From her peripheral vision, she spotted her dog carefully circling to get around the strangers back. Whilst the bird snatched the man's nose, her dog would rip his calves clean off.

Whether he died out of shock or because of her well-aimed shot would be up for debate, but against animals, Bishop always won.

A wind kicked up, stirring the dead leaves in the trees and causing Bishop's perch to sway slightly. She cursed softly and relaxed the tension on her bow as she fought sielntly to keep her balance. When she'd righted herself, the man was not where he'd been last.

Alarmed she looked around, then, straight down. Staring up at her, was the man with the mask.

Last edited by Nen on Tue Jan 24, 2012 6:27 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Chance Meeting [Kor] - Completed   Chance Meeting [Kor] - Completed Icon_minitimeSun Jan 15, 2012 3:42 am

Korvus stopped abruptly.

His masked face turned slowly in both directions, the circular lenses that were his eyes staring blankly out at the forest. He wasn't lost, per se, as such a term implied that he had some direction to begin with. He was, for all intents and purposes, aimlessly wandering, but that did not curb any displeasure at having no clear idea where he was. He did not yet know the land well, but it was something of a rule of thumb that being isolated in the middle of a forest was not a particularly wise position to find oneself in. Confident though he was in his power, he was not stupid, though this was becoming an increasingly dubious statement as he considered where he had ended up. Standing perfectly still and considering his present predicament, he then realized, was perhaps even more foolish than having ended up here in the first place. With this in mind, and self-chastisement fresh in his thoughts, he set forth once more.

He did not realize that anyone was watching him. Worse than that, he did not realize that not one, but two female creatures seeking to kill him now stalked his every movement. One was, to be fair, far less cognizant than the other, but it was no less dangerous. Like the more human creature seeking his life, it did so more because he was there than because he was particularly offensive. He existed, an uncanny life with a curious, bird-like face that set the shadowy lurker on edge.

A wind blew and sent his robe flowing around him menacingly. Something moved in the periphery of his vision, and his fingers bent into clawlike shapes within his black gloves as he turned to face it.

A tree.

He sighed, moving to return to the path when another idea struck him. Taking a few steps forward, he then inclined his head to gaze upward at a human perched upon said tree. More striking to Korvus than this was the bow in and arrow in her hands, and the realization that she could've easily punctured his skull from the right angle. He paused, considering how best to approach the situation. It was painfully obvious he wasn't dealing with a civilized creature, and he considered the possibility that she might not even speak a mortal tongue.

"Why are you here?" he queried, simply. In spite of his mask, his voice carried clearly, almost as though the beaked piece wasn't there. It was a simple, useful enchantment that Korvus often valued for how it surprised many with whom he spoke.
Back to top Go down
nen
nen

Things that I am :
  • ME Meercat
  • SR Salamander
  • Alarmingly Excellent
  • Gold Hoarder
  • Bi-Winning
  • Medium Poster
  • Chatbox Spammer
  • Thrall of Zay
  • Upstart of Aero
  • Rebel of Rogue

PostSubject: Re: Chance Meeting [Kor] - Completed   Chance Meeting [Kor] - Completed Icon_minitimeSun Jan 15, 2012 9:21 pm

"I live here. Why are you here". She didn't ask it like a question, and she did indeed sounded pissed that he'd be wandering around in her territory. Of course, he couldn't know that she'd already gone hunting, and had cleaned, skinned and butchered her kill already. She'd been looking forward to just resetting her traps and scouting the territory and going back to her den and sleeping. This wanderer had her stalking him for hours, and not only was she tired, but she was unsatisfied. She would have liked to have killed him and been able loot his body. She was sure he had some valuables and she'd really grown attached to the idea of taking his mask.

The fact that he spoke unmuffled didn't escape her, and she wasn't sure what the deal was with that, but she was certain it was intentional, and even useful. She hoped that after she killed him, whatever trick was used to make one's voice carry even through the mask would work for her.

She didn't draw, simply kept the arrow nocked and more or less pointed at him. Now that he was closer, she could see that he was a thin man, but tall. She just hoped that he wasn't concealing any weapons under his clothing. She'd had the misfortune of crossing an assassin of sorts, and they never looked tough, but good gods they were. She'd obviously survived the encounter, but not without serious injury.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Chance Meeting [Kor] - Completed   Chance Meeting [Kor] - Completed Icon_minitimeSun Jan 15, 2012 9:48 pm

"Because I walked here." That the woman, or he assumed it was a woman, spoke with clarity and some certainty in her tongue was good. It made his life much easier, and furthermore allowed the transmission of threats to proceed with much more efficiency. "Put down your weapon," he spoke with utter calm; the other advantage to his mask was that any strain that might've shown in his face or eyes was hidden by bone-like plate and tinted lenses. He was, so long as he could control his own voice, utterly emotionless. "Or I will kill you with a single thought." It was not a boast; he was not in a comfortable enough position that he could yet speak at length of his ability to bring entire armies of mortal men low or torture a single soul for eternity for the most minor of transgressions, or whatever else he could distort or outright lie about. It was, on the contrary, spoken as a simple fact. A logical modus tollens, of sorts.

There was not yet any room for visual showboating either; his fingers were clawed, but there was not yet any permeable aura of darkness surrounding him. His life was yet in danger, and so he opted for a far simpler demonstration: a crow. It did not appear in any spectacular fashion; rather, it simply fluttered down at Korvus' feet as though it had always been there. It had not, of course. It did not even exist until a few moments prior and, given its nature, still did not exist in any true sense.
Back to top Go down
nen
nen

Things that I am :
  • ME Meercat
  • SR Salamander
  • Alarmingly Excellent
  • Gold Hoarder
  • Bi-Winning
  • Medium Poster
  • Chatbox Spammer
  • Thrall of Zay
  • Upstart of Aero
  • Rebel of Rogue

PostSubject: Re: Chance Meeting [Kor] - Completed   Chance Meeting [Kor] - Completed Icon_minitimeSun Jan 15, 2012 10:37 pm

She barked a laugh and drew the string back, fired an arrow at his mask. It struck and promptly bounced back, fell to the ground harmless. The second arrow struck the crow immediately after the first one had bounced off the man's mask. "Now. You give me that mask and your valuables and I don't put one through your pecker" she said, another arrow nocked, drawn back to her cheek, pointed at him. Bishop had little fear of men that threatened her from behind cowls, helms and masks. She also had little fear when she had the advantage which she believed she did.

Her dog was behind the man now, just waiting for her signal. Her bird was still circling, and all seemed in her favor.

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Chance Meeting [Kor] - Completed   Chance Meeting [Kor] - Completed Icon_minitimeSun Jan 15, 2012 10:53 pm

Korvus' head jerked back at the force, and yet his mask remained unharmed. He counted himself fortunate that the woman's instincts were simple; aim for the head, kill the body. The second arrow pierced his crow, and yet it seemed entirely untroubled. In fact, it had not even punctured the creature; rather, it had gone through it as though the crow were no more solid than the very air itself. This was, in simplest terms, precisely the case. The crow hopped idly about in defiance of the flaring temper of master and hunter, utterly oblivious to the darkness beginning to enveloped the beaked and robed form of Korvus like some evil fire. Korvus had resolved to treat her as he would treat a beast; spells that made much light and noise and did harm only to the slow or stupid, but cost him little power were of most use to him, his advantage compounded by his ability to communicate with the woman. "On your knees when you beg of me," he snarled, adding to his voice a deeper and more demonic edge that was entirely manufactured. Simple cantrips to offer the illusion of power were easily cast and maintained; it was true power that cost him, and was thus used sparingly.

He took a single step forward, bringing a hand back before thrusting it palm-first at the tree. A great, unearthly screech would fill the air, followed by a column of the same dark flames streaking down to consume the tree. They were painful, but would not cling as most magical fires did and caused no real damage. They were only slightly more based in reality than the crow that the Bishop had sought to kill, and only in that it caused some modicum of pain.
Back to top Go down
nen
nen

Things that I am :
  • ME Meercat
  • SR Salamander
  • Alarmingly Excellent
  • Gold Hoarder
  • Bi-Winning
  • Medium Poster
  • Chatbox Spammer
  • Thrall of Zay
  • Upstart of Aero
  • Rebel of Rogue

PostSubject: Re: Chance Meeting [Kor] - Completed   Chance Meeting [Kor] - Completed Icon_minitimeSun Jan 15, 2012 11:06 pm

Bishop didn't beg. She did scare, though, and the fire did it for her. The voice, not so much. It was eerie, aye, but she paid attention to words, and what he'd said just pissed her off. She hadn't noticed that the crow had hardly been harmed by her arrow. She was very perceptive, but something about eerie voices and fire did allow for her to miss a few minor things, like a crow without a true corporeal form. She threw herself down from the branch where she'd been standing and tucked into a roll. It hurt some, the bow digging into her back, the sting in her ankles fading slowly. When she stood, she drew her knives and threw one at him, drawing another even as she rushed him.

His mistress didn't need to whistle or give him a signal. The dog simply charged the man from behind, no baying, no barking, just a snarl as he opened his mouth when he neared.

The bird was the only creature not to join the fray. It was not given a signal and it did not have the same loyalty as the dog. The woman was good to it, but it was wings and talons, an eye in the sky. It was meant for scouting, hunting and tracking, not so much fighting, and it knew that.

Last edited by Nen on Tue Jan 17, 2012 3:19 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Chance Meeting [Kor] - Completed   Chance Meeting [Kor] - Completed Icon_minitimeSun Jan 15, 2012 11:32 pm

Korvus wasn't entirely aware of there being another participant in the burgeoning combat but, then, his next course of action rendered it moot. His palms went out, and as the blaze upon the faded it erupted around his body. He poured true power into this, now, in the hopes of ending this quickly. Any that assailed him would experience true agony, although he was not yet moved enough to cause physical scarring. He did not speak; his concentration being broken was something he could not risk, and his state of mind was at once catatonia and hyper-awareness. For so long as his hatred surged out of him as pain, he could see, but not react.
Back to top Go down
nen
nen

Things that I am :
  • ME Meercat
  • SR Salamander
  • Alarmingly Excellent
  • Gold Hoarder
  • Bi-Winning
  • Medium Poster
  • Chatbox Spammer
  • Thrall of Zay
  • Upstart of Aero
  • Rebel of Rogue

PostSubject: Re: Chance Meeting [Kor] - Completed   Chance Meeting [Kor] - Completed Icon_minitimeMon Jan 16, 2012 12:04 am

She broke off the charge just as her dog recoiled, probably saving both their lives.

So. He was proving to be more risk than she liked to handle for a kill. That was fine, she could live without a mask. "Dog, to me" she barked even as she turned tail and ran. The knife she'd thrown wasn't something she couldn't replace.

Bishop was not the sort to needlessly risk herself in a pissing match. If he was strong enough, she wasn't going to go after him, and that fire shit she did not want to mess with. She had nothing wrong with fleeing and equally cared less about what her would-be victim thought of her. No one thought anything nice about someone that would have killed you and looted your body. Besides, most men thought angry rape at female bandits anyhow.

Not that she was a bandit... she just lived somewhat similar to them.

Last edited by Nen on Tue Jan 17, 2012 3:18 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Chance Meeting [Kor] - Completed   Chance Meeting [Kor] - Completed Icon_minitimeTue Jan 17, 2012 2:21 am

Korvus was not done. This woman of the wilds was, perhaps, his only chance of gaining some direction. And so, he followed her as only someone of his maddened sensibilities could. While he considered floating after her, borne upon a cloud of darkness like a ghost, he opted instead to teleport rapidly beside her, cackling all the while. "Do you think you can escape me?" he cried, using his most theatrical daemon-voice, "Did you think I would fear you, mortal?" He did love the word 'mortal,' as it allowed one to be both condescending and truthful in a subtler fashion than most other words allowed. "I am fear," he declared, barely able to keep himself from laughing, "And I will consume you."

He did not yet stop her; he had not a safe means, and he was already doing his best not to drain himself through all the rapid movement. It was short-ranged, and so he was not altogether too worried, but he knew better than not to mind himself.
Back to top Go down
nen
nen

Things that I am :
  • ME Meercat
  • SR Salamander
  • Alarmingly Excellent
  • Gold Hoarder
  • Bi-Winning
  • Medium Poster
  • Chatbox Spammer
  • Thrall of Zay
  • Upstart of Aero
  • Rebel of Rogue

PostSubject: Re: Chance Meeting [Kor] - Completed   Chance Meeting [Kor] - Completed Icon_minitimeTue Jan 17, 2012 3:18 am

Bishop was one of those people who, when scared, simply ran faster, no screaming. You could see the whites around her irises, how wide her eyes were, and her frantic panting was indicative of hyperventilation. Forget being stealthy and silent. She was crashing through the brush and vaulting over fallen logs and boulders, her mind unable to catch up with her body. And suddenly, the ground was not there to meet her foot. It rushed up as she fell, stinging all up her ankles as she landed and promptly lost her balance. Her momentum carried her forward even as the loose dirt and rocks caused her feet to slip from under her. She went down head first, arms crossed over her face.

Then time sped up and her world spun bone-jarringly fast.

She was on her side at the bottom of the rocky incline, dirty, bloodied and more than a little bit dazed. She laid there, suddenly unconcerned with the unearthly thing that had been chasing her. She was making a mental body check, was she bleeding? How badly? Her brain was refusing to move any faster than a crawl. She was breathing slowly now, deeply, her eye nearest the ground closed, the other open but unseeing.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Chance Meeting [Kor] - Completed   Chance Meeting [Kor] - Completed Icon_minitimeTue Jan 17, 2012 3:50 am

Something dark and unpleasant would settle over her; a shadow, but with it an odious and oppressive presence. With an eerie calm, Korvus stood over the fallen body of his would-be assailant. He chuckled, gazing down at her with the perpetual dead stare that his mask offered. His voice, however, spoke volumes of how mirthful he was made by this turn of events. "My, my, my..." he said, beginning to walk in a predatory circle around her, "How indeed you've been repaid for your unkindness. My dear, sweet worm, do you see now why I am not to be trifled with?" He stopped, "I warned you. I could end you now, alongside your hound, but that would be too easy. Death does not grant you enough time to wallow in shame and agony." He nudged her face with a booted foot, "So, wallow."
Back to top Go down
nen
nen

Things that I am :
  • ME Meercat
  • SR Salamander
  • Alarmingly Excellent
  • Gold Hoarder
  • Bi-Winning
  • Medium Poster
  • Chatbox Spammer
  • Thrall of Zay
  • Upstart of Aero
  • Rebel of Rogue

PostSubject: Re: Chance Meeting [Kor] - Completed   Chance Meeting [Kor] - Completed Icon_minitimeTue Jan 17, 2012 7:11 am

If she could wake her brain up, she'd tell him to fuck off. She hated gloating. Men always lorded over things, they thought that just because they had a penis, they could....

Bishop passed out. She'd probably gotten a concussion or something similar. Her dog and bird were nowhere to be found so, for the time being, she was at the stranger's mercy.

She woke up to blackness and immediately started to struggle. She seemed to be bound, and as the darkness slowly gave way, she found that it was dark out, and she was in some sort of camp, a fire glowing brighter and brighter as her vision cleared. She was confused for a moment, couldn't remember what had happened and why she'd be tied up. She'd gone to reset the traps and... and?

Where was her dog? Her bird? Why was she tied up? Did guards catch her?

She realized then, that she was gagged.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Chance Meeting [Kor] - Completed   Chance Meeting [Kor] - Completed Icon_minitimeTue Jan 17, 2012 2:01 pm

For an evil, daemontouched menace who got his jollies pursuing those weaker than himself, the scene surrounding him was oddly tranquil: a roaring flame, albeit with an oddly greenish tinge, sat in the center of a somewhat haphazard arrangement of various objects, most composed of dark grey metal and glass tubes, that wouldn't have looked out of place in the laboratory of some mad alchemist. Korvus showed no particular interest in any of these objects, instead gazing distantly into the fire. His robe and mask were in a pile beside him, leaving him in a set of loose, black linen underclothes.

The man who sat before the fire might as well have been someone entirely different from the beaked creature that had boasted to kill with a thought. Long, dark hair framed a face that had the narrow, soft features of an over-privileged nobleman and the pallor of a freshly-interred corpse. He sat for several moments, still enough and greyish-white enough in skin to be mistaken for a statue, at first. When he moved, it was slowly, reticently, as though he had recently woken up. He was particularly tired, as the myriad conjurations that formed his little camp and required more power than he was readily willing to give. Rope, in particular, was troublesome to summon from the immaterium and even more so to tie by force of will.

He stood, with some effort, the slenderness of his form apparent as he did. Relative to others of his art and his own creations, the ravages of magic had been kind to Korvus, and by this time he had wholly convinced himself it was the might of his own will rather than dumb luck that permitted him retain his looks, let alone improve them so.

"Before I begin negotiating," he murmured, weariness pervading his usually smooth and sibilant voice, "You should bear in mind that you are tied to a tree, and I am not. Given how I have placed you in such a... compromising position, it would be unfair of me not to grant you some mercy." He gingerly reached forward to take the gag from her mouth, "Consider this my sole apology."
Back to top Go down
nen
nen

Things that I am :
  • ME Meercat
  • SR Salamander
  • Alarmingly Excellent
  • Gold Hoarder
  • Bi-Winning
  • Medium Poster
  • Chatbox Spammer
  • Thrall of Zay
  • Upstart of Aero
  • Rebel of Rogue

PostSubject: Re: Chance Meeting [Kor] - Completed   Chance Meeting [Kor] - Completed Icon_minitimeTue Jan 17, 2012 7:24 pm

It took her a moment to realize that this man was the same one who'd worn the mask and cloak. He looked painfully dead and she wondered if he was a walking corpse even as he spoke. Oh, she hated him, but Bishop had never been stupid. She'd hated those bandits that had first captured her, and had reveled in the slaughter that had come upon them, but never had she attempted escape on her own, nor had she invited their wrath. Bishop did not like being abused.

She did hurt all over though, and she considered that maybe it was the fall. She did half-remember it really. Just tumbling down a rocky incline at maximum speed.

She closed her mouth once the gag was removed and stared up at him with a mixture of hate and fear in her eyes.

She half-remembered him. Mostly his mask and the black fire. But not really the when, the where and the why.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Chance Meeting [Kor] - Completed   Chance Meeting [Kor] - Completed Icon_minitimeTue Jan 17, 2012 9:45 pm

To Bishop's credit, Korvus entirely expected an extensive litany of swears and oaths pertaining to the extent of agonies deserved by himself, his forefathers, and his future children or, failing that, specific promises as to the fate of the possession or functionality of his genitals. Prisoners, especially bitter prisoners, oft housed creative, if sadistic, souls that Korvus could not help but admire in retrospect. He was, however, pleasantly surprised to find bitter silence the only result of removing the gag. He even offered her a smile, one that looked better practiced in the context of spite than true joviality. "You must think I'm a terrible man to have bound you up like this," Korvus mused, standing a distance away from her that indicated at least token respect, "And I would not disagree, in some respects. But consider, for a moment, that instead of driving your skull into the rocks, I have decided instead to save your life." He shut his eyes for a moment, as though thinking, and opened them as he began to pace in front of her. "I have control over your life and your freedom. What do you offer me?"
Back to top Go down
nen
nen

Things that I am :
  • ME Meercat
  • SR Salamander
  • Alarmingly Excellent
  • Gold Hoarder
  • Bi-Winning
  • Medium Poster
  • Chatbox Spammer
  • Thrall of Zay
  • Upstart of Aero
  • Rebel of Rogue

PostSubject: Re: Chance Meeting [Kor] - Completed   Chance Meeting [Kor] - Completed Icon_minitimeTue Jan 17, 2012 9:53 pm

She offered him silence every time he wished her to respond. Bitterness, hatred for him in her eyes, every time she looked upon him. Stiffness and coldness in her body if he were to touch her. Her mind raced with awful, bloody things concerning the man in front of her. Rest assured, if he let her go and turned his back, she'd bury a dagger in his neck up to the hilt. As she entertained morbid thoughts about him, her eyes unfocused and she ignored him without any qualms. Just because she was a prisoner didn't mean she had to pay attention to her captor. Often other men had gotten bored with her and her quietness, her refusal to scream, laugh, talk. They didn't like the look in her eyes or the way she had eyes only for weapons. She never made the move while they were looking, but often she'd been tied up at night, so as not to go around slitting throats in the dark.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Chance Meeting [Kor] - Completed   Chance Meeting [Kor] - Completed Icon_minitimeTue Jan 17, 2012 10:02 pm

Korvus was no stranger to the reticent. To his experience, the wisest course of action was to beat them at their own game. To this end, he waited several more minutes before giving her another, sadder smile. "Very well," he said, speaking as though relenting to something. He let it hang in the air, entertaining in his own mind that she might think he was going to free her. "I shouldn't push you to make a decision all at once, now, should I?" He turned on his heel, walking back over to the fire and sitting down. He turned to look at her once more when he was seated, "You have until tomorrow morning to decide. If you do not, I'll leave you here to be picked at by the birds." He turned back to his flame, occasionally glancing up at one of the alchemical apparatuses. The art of feigning indifference was well-practiced, and he went about it easily as he privately sought some speech out of her.
Back to top Go down
nen
nen

Things that I am :
  • ME Meercat
  • SR Salamander
  • Alarmingly Excellent
  • Gold Hoarder
  • Bi-Winning
  • Medium Poster
  • Chatbox Spammer
  • Thrall of Zay
  • Upstart of Aero
  • Rebel of Rogue

PostSubject: Re: Chance Meeting [Kor] - Completed   Chance Meeting [Kor] - Completed Icon_minitimeTue Jan 17, 2012 10:11 pm

She glared at his back. Asshole. All men were assholes. This she'd learned early. The more powerful a man, the more of a piece of shit he happened to be. "What do you want?" she asked. She had no doubt he would up and leave her to the birds, he was a piece of shit and pieces of shit always kept their threats, if not their word. What did he expect from her? She was a wild woman, surviving in nature. She didn't have gold or jewels and she couldn't do magic. She certainly wasn't some long lost princess or fey in disguise. She had nothing to give, and she certainly wouldn't give anything he wanted from her freely.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Chance Meeting [Kor] - Completed   Chance Meeting [Kor] - Completed Icon_minitimeTue Jan 17, 2012 10:17 pm

"You have a tongue in your head still," Korvus answered, after some moments, "I was worried I'd forgotten it at the ravine." He templed his fingers, looking over at her, "What I want is a way out of your woods, and you understand the position I'm in. The manner in which we met does not exactly inspire my trust and confidence, and what do you have to lose once I untie you?" He smiled, "Your kind are all the same, I've learned; you think yourselves invincible because you've lived too far from the civilized world to see true power. I suppose I've done much to correct that, this day, but not enough."
Back to top Go down
nen
nen

Things that I am :
  • ME Meercat
  • SR Salamander
  • Alarmingly Excellent
  • Gold Hoarder
  • Bi-Winning
  • Medium Poster
  • Chatbox Spammer
  • Thrall of Zay
  • Upstart of Aero
  • Rebel of Rogue

PostSubject: Re: Chance Meeting [Kor] - Completed   Chance Meeting [Kor] - Completed Icon_minitimeTue Jan 17, 2012 10:40 pm

She imagined his head bursting apart in a spray of blood, bone and grey matter. It pleased her, this imagined brutality, so she didn't look too annoyed at his assumption of 'her kind'. "No offense but you were in my territory and I usually eliminate wanderers. Not my fault your big ego is bruised easily" she said, not at all derisive. She was speaking matter of factly, and Bishop could be rather blunt. Seeing as the silent treatment would only get her more of the same,she supposed she'd have to speak, crass and all. Surely he knew that she'd never known anything but the forest, that she didn't know demons were actually real and that magic wasn't just smoke and mirrors. She didn't know even of most of the other inhabitants of Dragon's Cove, much less the other, more magical creatures.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Chance Meeting [Kor] - Completed   Chance Meeting [Kor] - Completed Icon_minitimeTue Jan 17, 2012 10:47 pm

"Forgive me if I find it ironic that a woman of the wilds would plead I not be offended," Korvus said, his tone halfway between bitter and sardonic. "And forgive me further if I didn't see the clear indication that I was wandering into your territory." He sighed, stretching out before the flame and yawning. "My ego is big because my power is vast," he said matter-of-factly, "What's your excuse?" He was, in spite of himself, quite enjoying this discourse. It wasn't often he got to be so wantonly mean, albeit to a captive audience.
Back to top Go down
nen
nen

Things that I am :
  • ME Meercat
  • SR Salamander
  • Alarmingly Excellent
  • Gold Hoarder
  • Bi-Winning
  • Medium Poster
  • Chatbox Spammer
  • Thrall of Zay
  • Upstart of Aero
  • Rebel of Rogue

PostSubject: Re: Chance Meeting [Kor] - Completed   Chance Meeting [Kor] - Completed Icon_minitimeTue Jan 17, 2012 10:55 pm

She glowered at him.

"Well I suppose someone of your vast power can get his own ass out of the goddamned forest" she snapped. A-fucking-typical. A man goes around swaggering, boasting about his might and his power and yet he needs help. Her help to be exact. Well, he could go fuck a tree, because she wasn't going to help him. Idly she wondered if, when she died, she would get to meet the all powerful being in charge of fucking with her normally easy existence. If she did, she'd promptly strangle it to death.

Bishop was no stranger to cruelty and men of his ilk. In fact, she knew the drill by now.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Chance Meeting [Kor] - Completed   Chance Meeting [Kor] - Completed Icon_minitimeTue Jan 17, 2012 11:19 pm

"One might suppose that, wouldn't they?" Korvus said, an edge of self-depreciation in his voice. "Unfortunately, my knowledge of the great demonic powers and how to summon its forms does not grant me much in the stripe of a woodsman, does it?" he said. Too weary to conjure a sizable enough flame to demonstrate, he extended a hand toward the trees instead, "I suppose you're right, in that I could simply burn down these woods and everything that lives herein, but that's far too brutish for my tastes. And it's a waste of effort, too, no doubt." He turned back toward her, "And so, it falls to you. Serves you right, I'd say, for giving me such a poor first impression of the woods' inhabitants."
Back to top Go down
nen
nen

Things that I am :
  • ME Meercat
  • SR Salamander
  • Alarmingly Excellent
  • Gold Hoarder
  • Bi-Winning
  • Medium Poster
  • Chatbox Spammer
  • Thrall of Zay
  • Upstart of Aero
  • Rebel of Rogue

PostSubject: Re: Chance Meeting [Kor] - Completed   Chance Meeting [Kor] - Completed Icon_minitimeTue Jan 17, 2012 11:31 pm

"Go fuck yourself".

She was really a wizard with words, smarter than most of the men that inhabited this particularly treacherous stretch of words. Her current temperament, though, prevented her from appearing any more intelligent than the average thug, which she was not. In fact, she only raided when she was running out of supplies. She lived alone, no gang to back her up. She simply wanted to be left alone to survive on her own. Now, if there'd been some sort of trading post, she wouldn't had to have raided people. Not that raiding wasn't a bit of fun, but... it was also dangerous when there were soldiers, guards and mercs.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Chance Meeting [Kor] - Completed   Chance Meeting [Kor] - Completed Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Chance Meeting [Kor] - Completed
Page 1 of 9Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next