Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Chance Meeting [Kor] - Completed

Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
AuthorMessage
nen
nen

Things that I am :
  • ME Meercat
  • SR Salamander
  • Alarmingly Excellent
  • Gold Hoarder
  • Bi-Winning
  • Medium Poster
  • Chatbox Spammer
  • Thrall of Zay
  • Upstart of Aero
  • Rebel of Rogue

Male Loveliness : 8

Chance Meeting [Kor] - Completed - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chance Meeting [Kor] - Completed   Chance Meeting [Kor] - Completed - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 20, 2012 1:36 am

She tied them to a ring she affixed in her cave, or lacking a proper cave, kept them tied all save the legs and took her pleasure, careless whether they finished or not. Leaving a man sexually frustrated was one of her favored pastimes. It was odd how a man would beg and plead and whine for her, forgetting that she was their captor so long as she could please them. She always pleased them before killing them, or setting them free. Those that she did not kill always came around looking for her, usually so attached that they felt they needed to be by her. She, of course, would move before they could find their way back to her. She enjoyed breaking men, and if asked, she would admit to being an abusive sort of lover, if you could call what she did 'loving'.

They came upon a large, gnarled tree, whose roots were as thick around as a man. Underneath it, was a large ancient barrow. It had long since been cleared of its dead, what with the many animal occupants it had seen. Bishop had evicted the last tenant and set up shop inside. Her furs were strewn here and there, in some kind of chaotic order. Her tools, supplies and food were all scattered in places that seemed orderly to Bishop. Her dog was there, laying in a corner. He rose as she ducked inside and bound over to her. She patted his head and grabbed him by the scruff, leading him away from the door. She made him sit and stay as Kor followed her. A growl rumbled in the dog's throat, but she swatted him and that was the end of that.

Bishop threw herself down on a pile of furs and pillowed her head in her hands. "Find a corner, grab some furs and make a bed" she told him, gesturing lazily.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Chance Meeting [Kor] - Completed   Chance Meeting [Kor] - Completed - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 20, 2012 1:47 am

Korvus nodded appreciatively at her choice of living-space; he entirely expected something far more primitive. A barrow, of all things, had particular significance to Korvus. He could not count how many times his master had sat him in dark, occasionally haunted crypts and bade him fend off or bargain with the spirits therein. To be in such a place again was almost a sort of homecoming for him, and it would be several moments before he caught himself smiling dumbly at the walls and ceiling and composed himself once more.

He sat down at her feet, shaking his head. "I'll make do without," he assured her. Wilds or not, Korvus did not often sleep as normal men slept. He was the sort to meditate through the night, else spend it on one or another occult pursuit. Sleep was more a luxury than a necessity, and he could survive off of his own magic for some time before he needed to rest. He obediently sat cross-legged at her feet, looking over her for but a moment. "Women in the cities are frail things," Korvus mused, "I should say that I find your appearance..." he paused, searching for a word, "Refreshing, if I may."
Back to top Go down
nen
nen

Things that I am :
  • ME Meercat
  • SR Salamander
  • Alarmingly Excellent
  • Gold Hoarder
  • Bi-Winning
  • Medium Poster
  • Chatbox Spammer
  • Thrall of Zay
  • Upstart of Aero
  • Rebel of Rogue

PostSubject: Re: Chance Meeting [Kor] - Completed   Chance Meeting [Kor] - Completed - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 20, 2012 2:10 am

"That's a new way of saying: You're as thin and tall and flat chested as a male youth" she said and rolled over on her back, looking at him upside down. She stretched and curled herself into a comfortable position. "You're the tallest, skinniest thing I've seen of the men around here" she told him and gestured up with her hand. "Your face is a saving grace, and the wideness of your shoulders" she said, then gestured at the mask. "I thought you'd be gross under there" she admitted. "I really would have taken it though, it's impressive" she said. It was. He wasn't. She hoped he understood her meaning. Even with all his badassery, he was unimpressive, a mask carved out of some kind of bone did nothing but present the craftmanship and imagination of one who created it. That she respected. She didn't respect an asshole that bandied his magic around because he very well could. He must have been instructed terribly, probably someone just as much, if not moreso, a twisted asshole as Kor.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Chance Meeting [Kor] - Completed   Chance Meeting [Kor] - Completed - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 20, 2012 2:19 am

"At the risk of allowing you another easy jab at me, I'm not the sort to go after young boys," Korvus retorted, smirking as he did so. She was vicious indeed, and far more of a cynic than he would've expected. Politics, poverty, and taxation (a combination of the two) created cynics, to his experience. Living alone and ambushing travelers was not a pursuit he expected of cynics. Bandits were often a very gleeful lot, else very jaded, and he considered that she, perhaps, fell into the latter category, bandit or not. Her compliments were sparse, peppered amid further assaults upon his person, and for this reason he valued them all the more. She did not seem the type to offer them easily, though he did not sense contrivance in her words. Blunt honesty, perhaps, provided a mix of both, but Korvus was yet convinced that he was a cut above.

"You know," he said, considering her words, "For all the time I usually spend browbeating others, I cannot recall when I've been on the receiving end. Not faced with anyone that had such skill in it, at any rate." What she was doing was not what Korvus would call 'browbeating,' in perfect honesty, but such a verbal assault was worth admiring. Those who sought to talk down to him often did so in defense of another, or were so blinded by their long-frayed tempers by his relentless snide and condescending attitude that they did not speak with any true substance. Here, she met his words and struck him with all that they had invited. He looked down at his mask for a long moment, considering something in utter silence. "I could make one for you. It would not be easy, but I could be so motivated."
Back to top Go down
nen
nen

Things that I am :
  • ME Meercat
  • SR Salamander
  • Alarmingly Excellent
  • Gold Hoarder
  • Bi-Winning
  • Medium Poster
  • Chatbox Spammer
  • Thrall of Zay
  • Upstart of Aero
  • Rebel of Rogue

PostSubject: Re: Chance Meeting [Kor] - Completed   Chance Meeting [Kor] - Completed - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 20, 2012 2:30 am

"You're far too used to dogs of court" she told him and reached for his mask, stroking her fingertips against the surface of it. "Obviously if no one could tell you the truth, you've been around people with less than half a brain, and far too much stupid in them. Stupid people can't think, and never know what to say, even when the truth is slapping their faces" she said. Her father had always said as much. Civilized men got dumber and dumber, and the dumbest of them all were the kind that banded together to live outside the law because they were too dumb to follow it. It was why Bishop believed herself different. She knew man laws, and she knew she did not want to subject herself to them, she also knew she did not want to subject herself to a smaller community who had rules despite their disdain for following them. Her rule was to survive. At all costs.

"I want a grinning fox, or an owl. If you're to make one for me. It would be amusing to see you fumble with the materials I find for you".
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Chance Meeting [Kor] - Completed   Chance Meeting [Kor] - Completed - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 20, 2012 2:47 am

"You're right, of course," Korvus murmured, "The courts of men and monsters alike are built on lies and the fools of those who toil beneath. To speak ill of one who is not lowborn is to harm one's status unless one is certain that they can get out of it unscathed or, better yet, promoted." He templed his fingers as he sought to meet her cynicism, "For some, perhaps, they are too foolish to know the truth when they see it, but I believe that most simply deny it of themselves. The truth is not convenient, and is consciously shut from their minds. " He stretched out, pulling his hands up and shutting his eyes for a moment. His fingertips brushed her feet as he brought them down. "The mask will be made of my material," he said, "Though I will make it in whatever shape you so desire."
Back to top Go down
nen
nen

Things that I am :
  • ME Meercat
  • SR Salamander
  • Alarmingly Excellent
  • Gold Hoarder
  • Bi-Winning
  • Medium Poster
  • Chatbox Spammer
  • Thrall of Zay
  • Upstart of Aero
  • Rebel of Rogue

PostSubject: Re: Chance Meeting [Kor] - Completed   Chance Meeting [Kor] - Completed - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 20, 2012 3:08 am

"Figures you'd cheat" she said wiggling her toes as his fingers brushed her feet. She was a very tactile person, and responded well to touches. She yawned, didn't flinch as her bird flew into the barrow and landing on its perch. It removed the prey dangling from its beak with its talons and began to eat. The bird usually saw to itself. It was large, white and grey with red eyes, its beak and talons as dark as pitch. "I have a bird too" she said, as though he could not have grasped that fact. "I want a fox mask. It matches my red hair, and I never felt like an owl anyhow". She was not so stupid as to hunt in the absolute dawn. At dusk and dawn, aye, but never in the dead of night. There were faster, deadlier and meaner things around at night, although she did go ranging, if only to be in the woods at night. It was pleasant, for her, especially because she was cautious.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Chance Meeting [Kor] - Completed   Chance Meeting [Kor] - Completed - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 20, 2012 3:23 am

"I will require blood, then," Korvus said. He noted with a tiny smile how she reacted to his touch, reaching out to brush his fingers slowly along her ankle with a somewhat contrived air of carelessness. He didn't yet want to seem to invested, but at the same time wasn't afraid to hint at some interest. "Enough to draw a minor circle of conjuration. More, if you want it to have color," he explained, "You watch me work, if you see fit, guide me in how this fox should look." He looked up at the bird appreciatively; though the crow was his creature of choice, most avian beasts held a special place in his psyche. He found most to be menacing, regal creatures hiding wicked intellects and charming animal cleverness. The crow, however, was a sign of death and decay. He had taken it up as his sign for reasons less simple, more grandiose and far less based in reality.
Back to top Go down
nen
nen

Things that I am :
  • ME Meercat
  • SR Salamander
  • Alarmingly Excellent
  • Gold Hoarder
  • Bi-Winning
  • Medium Poster
  • Chatbox Spammer
  • Thrall of Zay
  • Upstart of Aero
  • Rebel of Rogue

PostSubject: Re: Chance Meeting [Kor] - Completed   Chance Meeting [Kor] - Completed - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 20, 2012 3:31 am

The bird regarded him for all of a second. It dismissed him almost immediately, returning to its meal. It took much and more to gain the bird's attention, and even then it always seemed unimpressed by what it saw. The dog, on the other hand, was much more attentive, and had not swayed its gaze from the man and his mistress.

She stretched her leg out, forcing his hand to slide up to her knee, where she brushed it off nonchalantly with a hand. "And how much blood is that, a thimble, a goblet, a bucket? Be precise" she told him. She flicked her hand flippantly. "I'm certain you understand what a fox looks like. Do I really have to hold your hand through the process?" she asked. It was rhetorical, in case he thought otherwise. "No color". No, she wanted a bone-white mask like his. That kind of white glowed eerily in both the light and dark. It made people uncomfortable, and that's what she aimed for.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Chance Meeting [Kor] - Completed   Chance Meeting [Kor] - Completed - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 20, 2012 3:43 am

Korvus smirked, his hand resting next to her thigh. He quite liked the shape of her legs, and how they felt beneath his touch, but did not wish to test her when they had business to attend to. "Well, I can handle it myself, I simply though I'd offer if you wanted more control over its appearance. Snarling, closed-mouthed, all the rest..." he paused, something occurring to him then that he hadn't the presence to chide himself for; namely, what he would receive in return. Her blood was one thing, a necessary cost of the process, but ultimately he was no wealthier. Could he trust her to recognize a gift? He was uncertain. He dragged a fingertip along her thigh, "With the right materials, I could craft a great many things for you. The eldritch forces respond well to those who know their call, and so much can be made with time and sacrifice."
Back to top Go down
nen
nen

Things that I am :
  • ME Meercat
  • SR Salamander
  • Alarmingly Excellent
  • Gold Hoarder
  • Bi-Winning
  • Medium Poster
  • Chatbox Spammer
  • Thrall of Zay
  • Upstart of Aero
  • Rebel of Rogue

PostSubject: Re: Chance Meeting [Kor] - Completed   Chance Meeting [Kor] - Completed - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 20, 2012 3:50 am

She arched a brow and batted his hand away. "I'll take the mask as your most generous gift. The rest I am not willing to pay for. You promised me power, don't wheedle in demon made artifacts, Kor" she said and rolled onto her side, away from him to burrow down into her furs, cuddling them like some secret lover and nestling her face against them. One eye on Korvus, she smirked, though he couldn't see the expression. Truly he was testing her, and if he thought she didn't notice, then he'd been lying about what he thought of her thus far, if what he'd hinted at was what he'd meant, her being clever that is.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Chance Meeting [Kor] - Completed   Chance Meeting [Kor] - Completed - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 20, 2012 3:57 am

"You will have your power," Korvus assured her, frowning slightly, "I was only suggesting that I could be of more utility to you than that. Much is available, if you are willing to pay the price. If not, not" He shrugged and stretched out again, moving over to lean against the furs where he would not intrude on her space. His hair spread out around him, Korvus not having the will to fuss over it as he thought of how else he could justify his continued stay. He was testing her indeed, and he did not doubt that she was aware that he was still prodding at his boundaries. He was not yet certain what she would do with him, however, but so long as the promise of power was held between them he knew he was safer than not. He sat silent a moment, thinking once more. "What do you dream of, Bishop?"
Back to top Go down
nen
nen

Things that I am :
  • ME Meercat
  • SR Salamander
  • Alarmingly Excellent
  • Gold Hoarder
  • Bi-Winning
  • Medium Poster
  • Chatbox Spammer
  • Thrall of Zay
  • Upstart of Aero
  • Rebel of Rogue

PostSubject: Re: Chance Meeting [Kor] - Completed   Chance Meeting [Kor] - Completed - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 20, 2012 4:03 am

She regarded him coolly for a moment. She did not like talking about herself, especially not to men and especially not about personal things. Dreams just so happened to be personal, but it was an interesting question for him to ask, so she felt compelled to answer. "Hunting in winter. Being raped. Hearth fires and soft voices. Sea storms. Sex. Swimming in summer" she answered. Her dreams were simple, nothing over-complicated, and she reasoned it was because of her lack of continued human exposure. It wasn't that she didn't have an interest in the arts or music, or anything 'creative' it was just that they were fucking useless when there was nature to look at and be a part of. "I'm sure everything you dream of is disturbing, twisted or gross".
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Chance Meeting [Kor] - Completed   Chance Meeting [Kor] - Completed - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 20, 2012 4:07 am

Korvus took her answer, the final part in particular, as invitation to offer one of his own. He shook his head, somewhat embarrassed that his answer was far less interesting, and perhaps far less human, than Bishop's. She was slowly becoming less 'the wildswoman' to him. They were not on equal terms, but at least they were no longer foes. Perhaps she could be Bishop now, and he would relent to be Korvus. Or was it Kor, now? "I do not dream anymore," he said, "I do not miss it. I don't know what I'd dream of." The last thing he had dreamed of was, fittingly, himself. Or, more correctly, a different version thereof. Tempted by the god of conquest and slaughter, he had dreamed the night before his departure from the infernal realm. In this dream, he wore a robe forever stained by blood and a mask painted with a terrible, toothy grin. His magics forgotten, he was a master of the blade and no foe could stand before him. It was utter, glorious madness and Korvus had been severely tempted, then. His refusal was painful, then. Now, he was not so sure.
Back to top Go down
nen
nen

Things that I am :
  • ME Meercat
  • SR Salamander
  • Alarmingly Excellent
  • Gold Hoarder
  • Bi-Winning
  • Medium Poster
  • Chatbox Spammer
  • Thrall of Zay
  • Upstart of Aero
  • Rebel of Rogue

PostSubject: Re: Chance Meeting [Kor] - Completed   Chance Meeting [Kor] - Completed - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 20, 2012 4:26 am

She shrugged. "I suppose you wouldn't dream if you don't sleep" she said and closed her eyes. Being unconscious and sleeping were two different things. She came to consciousness in pain and still tired. If she had rested, she might have been in pain, but wouldn't have felt so exhausted. She made a noise and her dog came trotting over to her, planted itself down next to her and laid its head down on its paws. Immediately she cuddled up to it. "I trust you'll not screw me over, in more ways than one, when I sleep, Kor" she said.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Chance Meeting [Kor] - Completed   Chance Meeting [Kor] - Completed - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 20, 2012 4:36 am

Korvus smirked, "I'm not going to kill you, nor am I going to violate you, if that's what you're asking," he said. "Though, in the latter of these, you can feel free to call on me." It would not be entirely correct to say that Korvus was a stranger to being so forward. However, such banter was usually directed toward the aforementioned high-voiced noblewomen, submissive as they were taught to be. Bishop St. Claire was unashamed, unafraid, and certainly very far from what might be considered a proper lady. This, however, was what drew him to her and gave him reason to stay. Korvus (Kor?) sought to meet it, or at least attempt it, in the name of comfort between them. Whether or not it was working, however, only time would tell.

He spoke suddenly, again, and each time it was always a question. He considered, perhaps, it was an awfully childlike habit, but his wits were slowed where the wood and wild were concerned. "May I hunt with you, tomorrow?"
Back to top Go down
nen
nen

Things that I am :
  • ME Meercat
  • SR Salamander
  • Alarmingly Excellent
  • Gold Hoarder
  • Bi-Winning
  • Medium Poster
  • Chatbox Spammer
  • Thrall of Zay
  • Upstart of Aero
  • Rebel of Rogue

PostSubject: Re: Chance Meeting [Kor] - Completed   Chance Meeting [Kor] - Completed - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 20, 2012 4:56 am

She opened an eye, and looked at him over the bulk of her dog. "I don't wish to. You're noisy" she told him flat out. "If you can stand still and not move, and are content to watch from a distance, then yes" she added. With that, she settled down. "Just because you don't sleep doesn't mean others don't, endeavor to be quiet" she said and allowed herself to drift off to sleep. It could be said that a good warrior could sleep anywhere, and wake up at any sudden stimulus. Bishop had been trained as a good hunter, which meant that she could fall asleep wherever, but just not to, and woke up at every little sound.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Chance Meeting [Kor] - Completed   Chance Meeting [Kor] - Completed - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 20, 2012 5:00 am

Korvus, at her behest, was silent. In moments, it was almost as though he was not there. Even careful ears would be hard-pressed to hear him breathe, and the twitching, shifting demeanor of most living creatures was not to be heard from Korvus. As before, he was as a statue, eyes shut serenely as he rested against Bishop's pile of furs. His mind consumed itself, magical theories and possibilities unfolding themselves endlessly before his mind's eye, sifting through memories and desires to make use of the logic buried within. Such was sleep for him, not unlike the hunter's hyper-sensitive rest that Bishop had adopted. When he decided at last to come to, it was as early as he thought would be courteous, though he was hesitant to use that word.
Back to top Go down
nen
nen

Things that I am :
  • ME Meercat
  • SR Salamander
  • Alarmingly Excellent
  • Gold Hoarder
  • Bi-Winning
  • Medium Poster
  • Chatbox Spammer
  • Thrall of Zay
  • Upstart of Aero
  • Rebel of Rogue

PostSubject: Re: Chance Meeting [Kor] - Completed   Chance Meeting [Kor] - Completed - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 20, 2012 5:23 am

Bishop was up, her hair wet and hanging down her back in thick, glossy waves. She was freshly washed, and her hair was clean as she could manage. The clothes she wore were made of deerskin, and she had a quiver packed with arrows hanging from her belt. She was busy stringing her bow when she noticed him come to. "Rise and shine, sweetheart" she said. From Bishop, it could only be mocking. "There's some deerskin for you to wear. Put it on, I won't have you scaring off the prey" she told him. Her dog was nowhere to be found, but her bird remained perched, preening itself.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Chance Meeting [Kor] - Completed   Chance Meeting [Kor] - Completed - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 20, 2012 5:31 am

Korvus looked over at her, ultimately unsurprised that the day seemed to have started well before he had chosen to wake. "Darling," he replied, equally teasing, "Just the face I was hoping to wake up to." He stood easily, his mind revitalized and his body, in turn, strengthened. He considered casting off the idea of wearing deerskin in favor of a more magical approach until he reminded himself how draining invisibility became. "Very well," he relented, beginning to pull off his robe and underclothes. His body teetered between bearing some lean, agile form and simply being unhealthily thin, but it would be uncharitable to call him scrawny. Mutation had been kind to him, and in spite of his almost stretched-looking limbs and tombstone grey skin he could be easily mistaken for a normal mortal by body alone. Parts of his form, to go into no specific detail beyond limbs and extremities, reflected the whole in the form in that they were long, pallid, and thin. Each worked in tandem to create a rather surreal being, when viewed without robes or loose clothing that did so well to conceal his form. "Where are they, then?" he asked, glancing over at the pile of furs instinctively.
Back to top Go down
nen
nen

Things that I am :
  • ME Meercat
  • SR Salamander
  • Alarmingly Excellent
  • Gold Hoarder
  • Bi-Winning
  • Medium Poster
  • Chatbox Spammer
  • Thrall of Zay
  • Upstart of Aero
  • Rebel of Rogue

PostSubject: Re: Chance Meeting [Kor] - Completed   Chance Meeting [Kor] - Completed - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 20, 2012 5:43 am

She stared at him openly and grinned a mean grin. She shook her head though, choosing to keep quiet and walked over to a pile of skins, rifling through them until she came upon skins his size. "Here you are" she said and handed them to him, walked past him "Sexy". She was always going to be condescending and derisive, but whether or not she actually meant his body was fine to look at was a mystery. Underneath all the biting sarcasm, Bishop usually told the truth. She just told it in a fashion that made people disbelieve her, which was fine with her.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Chance Meeting [Kor] - Completed   Chance Meeting [Kor] - Completed - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 20, 2012 5:49 am

Korvus returned her words with one of his odious, mischief-laden smirks. He pulled on the skins, feeling both terribly mundane and terribly foolish in doing so. Acting the part of living in the wilds was alright by him, but it was somewhat beyond the pale to need to dress in skins, of all things. He rose no quarrel about it, however. He had asked her of this, bargained power for the opportunity, and he now even sought to stay. It would be endured, perhaps even embraced with time. He didn't much mind getting gazed upon by Bishop, either, whether it was for the grin she got or the simple brazen fact of it all.
Back to top Go down
nen
nen

Things that I am :
  • ME Meercat
  • SR Salamander
  • Alarmingly Excellent
  • Gold Hoarder
  • Bi-Winning
  • Medium Poster
  • Chatbox Spammer
  • Thrall of Zay
  • Upstart of Aero
  • Rebel of Rogue

PostSubject: Re: Chance Meeting [Kor] - Completed   Chance Meeting [Kor] - Completed - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 20, 2012 6:01 am

She led him out into the forest, the morning mist obscuring everything. She disappeared into it, the mist swirling behind her and settling, as if she'd never disturbed it. "Keep up or be left behind" came her voice from inside the mist. The forest was queer at this time, all quiet and still, even with early rising creatures going about their business. She stepped carefully over roots and plants. At one point, she stopped altogether and held up an arm, her bird winging down with a whisper of its feathers, landing on her arm. She launched it again and it flew forward, which is when she came upon her dog, standing stock still, waiting for her. They knew the drill.

For her, Kor didn't exist.

She stopped crept forward, stopped, checked with her animals, and it was a process like this for at least an hour.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Chance Meeting [Kor] - Completed   Chance Meeting [Kor] - Completed - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 20, 2012 2:02 pm

Korvus was not above a little cheating.

While invisibility was costly, he could levitate at least a little ways in to simulate her silence. He did, moving as quietly as he could and watching her carefully all the while. This was dedicated silence, movement that dared not even disturb the mist around them. It reminded Korvus of an assassin he had hired some years before leaving his home; a blind, bald man with a topknot with very strange habits but a sterling track-record. He only ever once saw him move, and there was a similar care and precision to what he did. This strange, sightless man worked on far less uncertain terrain, however, but he was beginning to see how relative such uncertainty was.

For the whole of the hour, Korvus moved and waited with her, eventually dropping silently to the earth and trying his hand at walking. His observations served him reasonably well, and he kept closer to Bishop to see where she stepped and how she moved. He could not call her beast-like in how she moved, it was improper in his mind to compare her to something so thoughtless as an animal. She moved with purpose, precision, and care. In the silence, he considered what he would speak to her about when he had a chance. He had many questions, but sought to filter them so as not to pester her more than was necessary.

It occurred to him then that this woman had endured a painful trip down a rocky incline and a distinctly evil form of healing not too long ago, and yet to him she moved as though it had never even happened. His healing was efficient, yes, and pervasive, but something told him that a weaker soul than she would not move with such confidence after their flesh experienced so much corruption, albeit controlled corruption.
Back to top Go down
nen
nen

Things that I am :
  • ME Meercat
  • SR Salamander
  • Alarmingly Excellent
  • Gold Hoarder
  • Bi-Winning
  • Medium Poster
  • Chatbox Spammer
  • Thrall of Zay
  • Upstart of Aero
  • Rebel of Rogue

PostSubject: Re: Chance Meeting [Kor] - Completed   Chance Meeting [Kor] - Completed - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 20, 2012 4:34 pm

Without warning, she froze completely, crouched, and slid her bow from her back, silent because the wood on deerhide made no sound. She slid an arrow from her quiver, nocked it and drew the arrow so far back, the fletching brushed her ear. And she waited. Whatever was ahead was invisible, in the mists, but there was something there, if the sounds of movement was any indicator. And then, for a just a moment, the creature was visible. A deer, an impressive buck with a rack of wicked antlers. He stared straight at her, Bishop didn't move. She could have had him right through the eye, but she liked the thrill of the hunt from time to time, and let the prize shot go. Just because she actually needed this deer did not mean she could not have her fun. All predators enjoyed the chase. She let fly and the deer bugled in anger and terror.

Bishop exploded with movement. She drew another arrow, even before the other had struck the deer and was sprinting in its direction, covering so much ground with her long legs. She let fly again, and the deer bugled once more. Then her dog came into the fray, biting and snapping at its heels. The mists were chaos, and suddenly the deer was in sight. It had two arrows in its flank, buried deep. It would be long in dying unless she or her dog ended its life.

It kicked at her dog and ran, ran with all the frightened speed of a prey animal dying.

She followed her bow slung over her shoulder a knife in hand, her dog hot on its heels, tongue lolling from its mouth.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Chance Meeting [Kor] - Completed   Chance Meeting [Kor] - Completed - Page 3 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Chance Meeting [Kor] - Completed
Page 3 of 9Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next