Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Chance Meeting [Kor] - Completed

Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
AuthorMessage

Chance Meeting [Kor] - Completed - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chance Meeting [Kor] - Completed   Chance Meeting [Kor] - Completed - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 20, 2012 8:33 pm

Korvus watched in silence, teleporting quickly beside the dear and its pursuers as he had done when she had been chased by him. The fear and panic roiling off of the creature distinctly whet his appetite, but he found himself all the more interested by Bishop. In particular, that this fear and pain was needless. She could've sent an arrow through the creature's head, as she had tried to do with him, but did not. It could not have been fear; no mundane beast as this was a threat to her, so was he truly seeing her capacity for cruelty? He liked it, for the simple fact that it existed, and while he hadn't expected anything close to purity from her, such love of the chase and (perhaps?) the pain of another creature was something he could easily identify with. A smile crossed his face, which could only occasionally be seen against the whiteness of the mist.

He kept close to the deer, waiting for it to drop. He sought more than flesh or blood, and knew he would have to be swift about taking hold of it. Amimal minds were fleeting and panicked things, in life or death.
Back to top Go down
nen
nen

Things that I am :
  • ME Meercat
  • SR Salamander
  • Alarmingly Excellent
  • Gold Hoarder
  • Bi-Winning
  • Medium Poster
  • Chatbox Spammer
  • Thrall of Zay
  • Upstart of Aero
  • Rebel of Rogue

Male Loveliness : 8

PostSubject: Re: Chance Meeting [Kor] - Completed   Chance Meeting [Kor] - Completed - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 20, 2012 9:14 pm

An arrow sailed out of the mist and took the thing through the eye. It crashed to the ground, it's legs folding beneath it. It stared up at the sky with an arrow sticking out its eye, its mouth open. The dog came bounding out of the mist, sniffing the carcass and circling it. Bishop came moments later, knife in hand. It was then that she noticed Kor. "Pull the arrows out, don't stand there uselessly" she told him as she crouched down in front of it. She put a hand on its side, stroked it reverently. "Would that I was a wolf, there would have been a chase worthy of you" she murmured before she brandished the knife. She had to gut it before she could drag it back. She'd probably need to butcher it there and carry the meat back, piece by piece.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Chance Meeting [Kor] - Completed   Chance Meeting [Kor] - Completed - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 20, 2012 10:28 pm

Korvus dutifully stepped forward, ripping the arrows out. His hands glowed unnaturally as he did so, and as the final arrow was torn from the beast, a bluish, misty form seemed to rise up from the holes created. It did not have enough time to take shape, drawn to swirl unnaturally around Korvus head, which lolled back with an expression akin to what Bishop might expect were she to take him up on his advances; eyes half-closed and mouth half-open, the mist swirled into him through no particular orifice or without any orifice in particular, expanding to encapsulate and disappear into the whole of his form. When it was done, Korvus opened his eyes and watched Bishop brandish her knife. The corpse had become more than a little cold, more so than it likely should've been by that time.

"So, what now?" he asked, eyeing her knife curiously.
Back to top Go down
nen
nen

Things that I am :
  • ME Meercat
  • SR Salamander
  • Alarmingly Excellent
  • Gold Hoarder
  • Bi-Winning
  • Medium Poster
  • Chatbox Spammer
  • Thrall of Zay
  • Upstart of Aero
  • Rebel of Rogue

PostSubject: Re: Chance Meeting [Kor] - Completed   Chance Meeting [Kor] - Completed - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 20, 2012 10:52 pm

She frowned as she emptied the corpse her hands bloody up to the elbows, only to find it just as cold as the air without. That was wrong. She looked up at Kor, having missed his orgasmic soul consuming moment and narrowed her eyes at him. "What did you do? This kill is cold" she said, even as she emptied it. The dog eagerly ate what scraps she gave it, which included the intestine, the stomach, the liver and the kidneys. The heart she kept, it was to be fed to her bird. Everything else that the dog wouldn't eat, she left. Scavengers would be by later to have a sniff around. The gore wouldn't be there come evening. Once the animal was all clean, she grabbed the end with the antlers and began to drag it, still waiting for her answer.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Chance Meeting [Kor] - Completed   Chance Meeting [Kor] - Completed - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 20, 2012 10:58 pm

Korvus had no simple way of explaining that he had just stolen its essence and consumed it with his own soul, nor an easy one. So far away from magic, he hadn't the faintest idea how she'd react to such a thing. As she dragged the corpse off, he followed, mulling over his answer for a few minutes before coming to the startling conclusion that honesty was the finest way to go about it. "I took its living essence and devoured it," he said, as though it as the most natural thing to do to a fresh kill, "Its soul, you might say." He gave her an apologetic look, uncertain if he could see it, "I haven't done so in too long, I forgot it would cool the flesh so."
Back to top Go down
nen
nen

Things that I am :
  • ME Meercat
  • SR Salamander
  • Alarmingly Excellent
  • Gold Hoarder
  • Bi-Winning
  • Medium Poster
  • Chatbox Spammer
  • Thrall of Zay
  • Upstart of Aero
  • Rebel of Rogue

PostSubject: Re: Chance Meeting [Kor] - Completed   Chance Meeting [Kor] - Completed - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 20, 2012 11:02 pm

She stared at him for a moment or two, contemplating how to react as she dragged the animal. "Whatever, next time warn me, I like to rip the heart out while it's still warm" she said and nodded down at the animal. "You gonna pick up the back end or do I have to show you up in strength too?" she asked. The heart that she'd set aside was wrapped up in a special skin, hanging from her belt. It was stained red, from obvious use, and retained the blood well.

There were just things in life that if you thought too hard about them... you'd lose your mind and she didn't want to care that he ate souls. That meant she had to think about what she'd bargained with and that didn't sit well with her. Besides, she liked to go about thinking he was another man, albeit much more powerful, egotistical and stupid than most men she'd met. And she didn't mean he was intellectually stupid. Just. Stupid.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Chance Meeting [Kor] - Completed   Chance Meeting [Kor] - Completed - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 20, 2012 11:14 pm

Korvus sighed, picking up the back-end as requested. He immediately felt the drain upon his power as he sought to ensure that he could hold it with some confidence, but was certain he would make it back to their lair unharmed. Her lair, at any rate. Korvus didn't consider himself much more than a guest, now. "I will," he said, rather pleased at how well she was taking it, at any rate, and resolved to honor her request for that. She was not, so far as he could tell, a particularly superstitious woman which, in its own way, was good. This forest didn't seem to hold any particularly ancient or terrible secret guarded by any explicitly sentient or animate trees, and so such belief was likely unnecessary. He was endlessly thankful that she was not some wispy, condescending elf, at any rate.
Back to top Go down
nen
nen

Things that I am :
  • ME Meercat
  • SR Salamander
  • Alarmingly Excellent
  • Gold Hoarder
  • Bi-Winning
  • Medium Poster
  • Chatbox Spammer
  • Thrall of Zay
  • Upstart of Aero
  • Rebel of Rogue

PostSubject: Re: Chance Meeting [Kor] - Completed   Chance Meeting [Kor] - Completed - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 20, 2012 11:20 pm

If she'd been a wispy, condescending elf, she'd be dead ten times over. The men in the forest were slow, aye, but they came in numbers and they had a taste for blood and woman-flesh. A poor wispy elf would have been raped to death. As it happened, Bishop learned to like sex and hate the man. It was the only way to survive and not be some moronic, weeping girl, like she'd come across so many times before. They bleated as they were raped.

Her thoughts were dark as they reached her barrow. She made Kor put the deer down outside and went inside, taking the heart out of the bag and placing it upon a pan that was fastened to the perch. Her bird would come to eat it later.

Her dog was around, sniffing around the carcass, but knew better than to feed from it.

She sat on a root and began to skin it, her cuts sure and swift. Soon after skinning it, she butchered it, letting her dog have the legs to chew on. The head she resolved to boil, so as to get the flesh off. She'd do something with the skull and antlers. She was busy scraping the meat off the skin when she thought of something she wanted to ask Kor.

"Have you ever properly butchered an animal?".
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Chance Meeting [Kor] - Completed   Chance Meeting [Kor] - Completed - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 20, 2012 11:26 pm

Korvus, reasonably drained by the time they returned, was grateful to return to the pile of furs and sit down to rest himself. His was not a body accustomed to, nor appreciative of, physical labor. He turned his mind instead to her mask, and resolved to himself to dazzle her some. "No. Never," he said, "Would you ask anything else of me, or do you want your mask?" He looked over at the skull and antlers curiously; soul though they lacked, he was certain he could make some use of them in the advanced working he was planning. He did not yet ask for them, awaiting her answer.
Back to top Go down
nen
nen

Things that I am :
  • ME Meercat
  • SR Salamander
  • Alarmingly Excellent
  • Gold Hoarder
  • Bi-Winning
  • Medium Poster
  • Chatbox Spammer
  • Thrall of Zay
  • Upstart of Aero
  • Rebel of Rogue

PostSubject: Re: Chance Meeting [Kor] - Completed   Chance Meeting [Kor] - Completed - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 20, 2012 11:29 pm

She raised her brows at him, grinned a 'you're not a real man' grin and handed him the deer's head. "I want the antlers off, I can make those into knives and needles" she told him. She was going to leave her snide, "You look exhausted, poor baby" comment to herself. It did no good to provoke a man that was going to make you a nice gift. She began to butcher the animal, and several times she had to stop and sharpen her knife on a leather strop, after cleaning it, of course. "So you've done nothing but magic your whole life?" she asked as she set the racks of ribs aside, one on top of the other.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Chance Meeting [Kor] - Completed   Chance Meeting [Kor] - Completed - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 20, 2012 11:34 pm

"Once my parents were killed and my master took me in, magic became a solution to most of life's simpler problems," Korvus explained, examining the deer's skull closely and running his fingers around where the antlers met the skull. "I wasn't content with that, and so I went to Karmor." His fingers glowed, smoke came from the base of the antlers and they clattered to the floor, blackened (but usable) stumps on the bottom. The same blackness sat where the antlers had once been upon the skull, looking as though tiny bombs had been set off there. "Karmor is a realm where demons live, you see. That's how I became like this, and entwined myself with magic." He picked up the antlers, examining them curiously, "I won't bore you with the details. But, no, I used to have a body much like yours, before my time in Karmor was through. What physical ability I had then is probably the reason I lived so long."
Back to top Go down
nen
nen

Things that I am :
  • ME Meercat
  • SR Salamander
  • Alarmingly Excellent
  • Gold Hoarder
  • Bi-Winning
  • Medium Poster
  • Chatbox Spammer
  • Thrall of Zay
  • Upstart of Aero
  • Rebel of Rogue

PostSubject: Re: Chance Meeting [Kor] - Completed   Chance Meeting [Kor] - Completed - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 20, 2012 11:38 pm

"I would have traded magic for a good looking body, if I were you. You make me want to feed you" she teased as she grabbed the antlers and put them to the side. She began the tedious process of packing the meat in salt, and set a portion of it to cooking on a rotating spit above the fire. She would have started a stew, but she had been getting lazy. If she was going to make knives and needles tonight, she was not going to make stew. She left the barrow for a moment, only to come back with damp arms. She laid back against her furs and toyed with the antlers, figuring out where she'd break and sand them.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Chance Meeting [Kor] - Completed   Chance Meeting [Kor] - Completed - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 20, 2012 11:43 pm

"You didn't seem to quite mind what you saw, if you'll forgive me for saying so," Korvus said in a manner communicating that he truly wasn't concerned if she forgave him for saying so. He looked over at her once she sat, "Now, if you want your mask, I'm going to need blood. A basin's worth or so should do it, if I'm conservative about the seal. May I use the skull?" An invocation to Kormok would serve him well after a hunt, and easily grant him what he needed to properly do his work. A little proof wouldn't hurt his chances, either.
Back to top Go down
nen
nen

Things that I am :
  • ME Meercat
  • SR Salamander
  • Alarmingly Excellent
  • Gold Hoarder
  • Bi-Winning
  • Medium Poster
  • Chatbox Spammer
  • Thrall of Zay
  • Upstart of Aero
  • Rebel of Rogue

PostSubject: Re: Chance Meeting [Kor] - Completed   Chance Meeting [Kor] - Completed - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 20, 2012 11:47 pm

"Yes, use the skull, and you'd better not use me as some sort of queer sacrifice. Your Gods will give me back" she warned him even as she sat up and leaned forward, picking sharp knife out of her set and tapping it against her forearm, waiting for him to provide the basin. She smirked as she looked upon him. "Your body isn't so bad I'll avert my eyes. Besides, there's only one part that needs scrutiny" she said and slid the flat of the blade up and down her forearm, waiting for him.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Chance Meeting [Kor] - Completed   Chance Meeting [Kor] - Completed - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 20, 2012 11:52 pm

Korvus focused, summoning forth a heavy iron basin that radiated with unnatural warmth. Odd runes and glyphs lined it, and Korvus seemed genuinely pleased by its appearance. He set it beneath her arm, "You hunt and kill with a skill that Kormok would approve of," he mused, "But, I value you far more than he would." He smirked back at her, "Need I even guess at what part?" he said, rolling his eyes slightly at the insinuation. He set the skull down before him, gazing down distantly at the floor as he considered how best to arrange the circle and insignia around it.
Back to top Go down
nen
nen

Things that I am :
  • ME Meercat
  • SR Salamander
  • Alarmingly Excellent
  • Gold Hoarder
  • Bi-Winning
  • Medium Poster
  • Chatbox Spammer
  • Thrall of Zay
  • Upstart of Aero
  • Rebel of Rogue

PostSubject: Re: Chance Meeting [Kor] - Completed   Chance Meeting [Kor] - Completed - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 21, 2012 12:09 am

"Your Penis" she clarified as she laid her arm open. She clenched and opened her fist as the blood ran down her arm and dripped down off her knuckles. It was red, like any normal human's blood, nothing special save that Bishop rarely saw this much of her own blood come out of her at any one time. And that included her moonblood. Which by the way she'd missed yet again. She was beginning to think that there was something very wrong with her womb, as she'd not had her moonblood in two months, and it was highly unlikely that she was pregnant. Still, even drinking the herbs, no blood came. Lost in her own thoughts, opening and closing her fist, it would be up to Kor to tell her to stop.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Chance Meeting [Kor] - Completed   Chance Meeting [Kor] - Completed - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 21, 2012 12:35 am

When the basin was sufficiently filled, the blood kept warm by the strange emanations of the basin, Korvus tapped her arm and bade her stop. He paused as he dipped his fingers in her blood, a rather silly question bothering him. "Am I right to assume you thought well of it, then?" he asked, awaiting her answer before pulling the blood-laden finger out of the basin and dragging it across the floor. Korvus was in his element, here, and worked with distinct purpose. He drew the circle and one within, many demonic runes going in the spaces between them and other sundry lines connecting the skull in the center to various runes on the outside. The end result was straight from the mind of a mad geometer of some sort, and Korvus was pleased to find he still had more than half a basin's worth of life's sweet nectar.

Assuming a position more befitting of the ritual, Korvus sat cross-legged, straight-backed and facing his new circle of blood, the basin beside him. He shut his eyes, beginning to chant in the harsh, guttural tongue of Karmor. He spoke the words slowly and clearly, an unnerving hiss to his voice that was not present when he spoke any mortal tongue. His fluency and the calmness with which he spoke contrasted strangely with the severe tones of the speech.

The basin of blood diminished noticeably as a chunk of whitish, bone-like material manifested above the circle, draining gradually as it began to take shape.
Back to top Go down
nen
nen

Things that I am :
  • ME Meercat
  • SR Salamander
  • Alarmingly Excellent
  • Gold Hoarder
  • Bi-Winning
  • Medium Poster
  • Chatbox Spammer
  • Thrall of Zay
  • Upstart of Aero
  • Rebel of Rogue

PostSubject: Re: Chance Meeting [Kor] - Completed   Chance Meeting [Kor] - Completed - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 21, 2012 12:39 am

"If I didn't like what I saw, you'd have known then and there" she told him and grinned. However, she was fixated on what he was doing by the time he started drawing lines on her floor, with her blood. Fascinated, she observed him in his element. She'd bandaged her arm out of habit, eyes wide as she watched him. It was unnatural, it made bumps raise all up and down her arms and the hairs on the back of her neck prickle. She knew she was witnessing real magic, real and powerful and dangerous magic. She was awed, impressed and frightened all at the same time. She wasn't sure if she liked that, but all of that gave way to excitement. She was getting her own mask, and she was very curious as to how he'd make hers unique, or if he would.

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Chance Meeting [Kor] - Completed   Chance Meeting [Kor] - Completed - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 21, 2012 12:46 am

The blood was nearly drained by the time the mask formed: a snarling fox, its mouth open and its lips curled back furiously. The eyes, startlingly detailed, glared down at Korvus vindictively. There seemed no way to see through it, the mask lacking the lenses that Korvus' had, but a small smirk played on Korvus' otherwise entranced features as he continued crafting. A faint glow came over the mask, the eyes in particular shining a bright crimson for several moments before the light faded. Seconds later, the mask clattered to the floor, the circle faded, and both the basin and what blood remained was gone, including that which had covered Korvus' fingers. Korvus' eyes opened as though waking from a dream, and he looked down upon his craftsmanship. He picked it up, looking it over once more before offering it to her. He seemed rather tired, but gave her a weary smile all the same. "I hope it's to your liking. Before you make any comments, try it on."
Back to top Go down
nen
nen

Things that I am :
  • ME Meercat
  • SR Salamander
  • Alarmingly Excellent
  • Gold Hoarder
  • Bi-Winning
  • Medium Poster
  • Chatbox Spammer
  • Thrall of Zay
  • Upstart of Aero
  • Rebel of Rogue

PostSubject: Re: Chance Meeting [Kor] - Completed   Chance Meeting [Kor] - Completed - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 21, 2012 12:49 am

It was certainly impressive in design and quite impressive during it's crafting, she could only hope it was just as impressive when she put it on. She took the mask from him gingerly and placed it over her face without a moment's hesitation. She was startled. From the outside, the mask looked completely solid, yet she could see through the eyes as though there were holes there for her to peer through. She took it off and turned it around, gaped at it. Then she shrugged and grinned that mean grin of hers. "It's alright I suppose. I mean, this looks like the best that you can do" she teased.

She enjoyed her mask. He would understand that. Of course, that didn't mean she didn't want to take his mask and keep it for her own.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Chance Meeting [Kor] - Completed   Chance Meeting [Kor] - Completed - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 21, 2012 12:57 am

Korvus motioned to his own mask, sitting beside his robes on his end of the fur-pile. "My own mask isn't even my best," he boasted, grinning back at her, "My best would cost much more of us both than your blood and a deer's skull." The skull had disappeared with the circle, to no surprise, but Korvus seemed endlessly pleased that she was so satisfied with his work. He again flopped back upon the furs, shedding the leather he wore once he realized the skins were still upon his body. He was not quite as uncomfortable in them any longer, but had much more preference for his robes or, failing that, nothing at all. At this juncture, he chose the latter.
Back to top Go down
nen
nen

Things that I am :
  • ME Meercat
  • SR Salamander
  • Alarmingly Excellent
  • Gold Hoarder
  • Bi-Winning
  • Medium Poster
  • Chatbox Spammer
  • Thrall of Zay
  • Upstart of Aero
  • Rebel of Rogue

PostSubject: Re: Chance Meeting [Kor] - Completed   Chance Meeting [Kor] - Completed - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 21, 2012 1:01 am

She rolled her eyes at him and threw a soft fur cloak on his nakedness. "I don't want you keeling over from the cold before I can get my power out of you" she said and laid back against her own furs, much too lazy to get up at the moment. She put the mask back on her face and stared up at her ceiling, just listening and breathing. It seemed as though he'd given the mask some sort of enchantment to enhance her sensory capabilities. She adored the mask. She had her hands behind her head, feet crossed at the ankle as she listened to the scrabbling of squirrels on the tree that grew over the barrow.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Chance Meeting [Kor] - Completed   Chance Meeting [Kor] - Completed - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 21, 2012 1:07 am

Korvus shifted position on the pile, moving somewhat closer to her and smiling when he noted that she was continuing to make use of the mask. It was featureless, making no indications as to whether or not it lent her sight; just as his mask hid his emotions, hers would hide the power it gave. He did not yet speak, watching her quietly and looking over the details. He had planned out each one as meticulously as his mind allowed in that state which was, to be fair, more than a fair amount.

He drew a little closer, whispering now, "A small taste of the power I can offer you, with the added benefits of my mask."
Back to top Go down
nen
nen

Things that I am :
  • ME Meercat
  • SR Salamander
  • Alarmingly Excellent
  • Gold Hoarder
  • Bi-Winning
  • Medium Poster
  • Chatbox Spammer
  • Thrall of Zay
  • Upstart of Aero
  • Rebel of Rogue

PostSubject: Re: Chance Meeting [Kor] - Completed   Chance Meeting [Kor] - Completed - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 21, 2012 1:11 am

She turned to look at him, the mask still on her face. "You wish for me to show some gratitude? Is that it?" she asked teasingly. "Perhaps keep you company under that fur cloak?". She laughed and rolled onto her back. "Save your whispers for someone who is prone to gullibility. I bargained for what I wanted, you'll get no more out of me" she said and removed the mask, setting it beside her. The bird flew in screaming a greeting, landed on its perch and made a meal out of the heart awaiting it. She watched as it tore the heart apart, blood dirtying its beak and talons.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Chance Meeting [Kor] - Completed   Chance Meeting [Kor] - Completed - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 21, 2012 1:16 am

Korvus smirked, "You wound me, Bishop," he murmured, "I shouldn't think that I'd wait until now to ask for your... talents in exchange for my mask. I ensure that deals are made before gifts are given, not after." He stretched out, "I wouldn't mind your company," he added, "But not because I gave you something I asked nothing in return for." He watched the bird, then, chuckling as it tore at the heart. It reminded him of his crows, those that truly existed, sadly absent from him now. He was certain he would find more, with time and carrion, but now had much more interesting things to concern his thoughts with than of the fate of his flock.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Chance Meeting [Kor] - Completed   Chance Meeting [Kor] - Completed - Page 4 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Chance Meeting [Kor] - Completed
Page 4 of 9Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next